[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

small town 90s kid horror TTGs that play something like The Silver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

small town 90s kid horror TTGs that play something like The Silver Bullet, Reccess, or Stranger Things

Suggest, compaire, critique, debate

But mostly suggest because you aren't fooled by the pretense of a general threat at all
>>
>>49938474
I have been working on this small town 80s setting for about a year.

The amount my heart leapt to see a thread about it on /tg/...

The party are HS age investigators in some kind of "Mystery Club", since the town has a history of strange disappearances, but there havn't been any for over fifty years.

Until they start again...

I've put alot of effort into the details, old photo printouts, newspaper clippings, giving the PCs journals to keep track of the investigation on the first session, etc

Starting next september...
>>
>>49938580
>80s
>HS age investigators
>returned horror

this is my shit

you are a true and valiant artisan. i hope all the effort you put into your masterpiece pays off.
>>
File: silverwood spook2.png (1MB, 1273x900px) Image search: [Google]
silverwood spook2.png
1MB, 1273x900px
>>49938761
It's really been a labour of love, the town and surrounding woods have so many characters and things to see, their investigation can go pretty much any way they want, although there is a running plot advancing at whatever pace they choose. Sort of like in open world games, you can explore all the side quests at leisure and do plot missions when you feel like it.

I have a few contingency plans for if they get stuck but won't be spoon-fed information, a metric fuckton of synth music, hopefully original/interesting NPCs and spirits, descriptions of scenes and locations, and my GF is happy to do the female character voices and be rules helper. (I knocked up a slightly altered FATE mod)

My one shameful guilt about the setting is that one of the main antagonists is using the artwork of Holo from Spice and Wolf, if someone recognises it then I think it will take away from the experience.
>>
File: silverwood spook3.png (978KB, 1273x900px) Image search: [Google]
silverwood spook3.png
978KB, 1273x900px
>>49939078
I'm finding it really hard to tell through introspection whether this villain character is actually frightening and interesting or just cutesy waifu trash.
>>
Can i play a dimension hopping cowboy?
>>
>>49939125
Every fucking time, Tyler.
>>
>>49938474
First off: the kids should not die... at least, not easily. They should be in mortal danger, they should be threatened and pursued, but they really shouldn't flat out die.
Instead, they should lose connections to their parents. Went out all night hunting the werewolf? Mom is extremely upset with you. Had to take the Weed Whacker out to kill the carnivorous plants? Dad's really upset you brought it back with no gasoline.
>>
>>49939125
Stephen NO

AND YOU CANT CHANGE HIS RACE IF IT CONFLICTS WITH YOUR PCS BACKSTORY!

AND STOP KILLING THE DOGS
>>
>>49939121
That isn't in the least bit frightening, sorry
>>
File: Small Towns.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Small Towns.pdf
1B, 486x500px
someone on /tg/ made this a while ago, haven' had a chance to play it, but it might be what you're looking for
>>
File: Murder.png (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Murder.png
5KB, 300x300px
>>49939327
Happy to find new art for it.
It's just meant to be a pioneer girl who got lost in the woods hundreds of years ago, got taken in by nature and ended up as some kind of nature spirit/protector.

Eventually big bad corporation came in and captured the spirit to run a power station.

>It escapes, party meet spirit and decide to protect it from the ones chasing her, unaware of the danger they have just taken under their wing. There is alot more to it but tldr.

At the end of the day I'd rather people remembered the game as fun and challenging than actually frightening, most of it is 80s rule of cool than high art.

(I was only a very young child in the 80s forgive me)
>>
File: voodoo girl.jpg (56KB, 564x740px) Image search: [Google]
voodoo girl.jpg
56KB, 564x740px
>>49939614
Are you looking for a happy go lucky style of thing or spoopy?

I think antlers convey more of a nature spirit image than ears.

This might be too edgy for you, but something in this vein might work.
>>
>>49939809
i would nix the bondage ropes personally. particularly considering the leather tethers holding their bones and feathers in place and appropriated tattoos, I'm sure native Americans had plenty of more natural looking belts. also that leg slit.
>>
>>49939809
Wow that's fantastic!
If you have more of either option then I'd love to see it.
I do want to play up the innocent side of its personality, maybe have some more light hearted scenes with the party, like a trail hike or tagging along on some more comfy investigations.

Will be an exciting moment the first time they see it unleash it's full primordial energy and immolate something whilst smiling away.
Also the first time it gets a good look at the deforestation caused by the town...
>>
File: bright_eyes_by_visaga-d7p9agr.jpg (628KB, 1200x1023px) Image search: [Google]
bright_eyes_by_visaga-d7p9agr.jpg
628KB, 1200x1023px
>>49939614
How about something like this?
>>
>>49939992
The game is set in Montana and there will be dealings with Native Americans (Crow Tribe), who revere/fear this spirit. The spirit's whole arc basically revolves around its relationship with a shaman of their people a long time ago.
>>
>>49939513
thank you sir, this is brilliant
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.