[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfriend here. I don't know if this is the appropriate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: SPCHESS2_print63912.jpg (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SPCHESS2_print63912.jpg
128KB, 1000x1000px
Newfriend here.

I don't know if this is the appropriate board for this... It says traditional games yet the only one I vaguely recognise is Magic The Gathering.

So bear with me.

Baught pic related the other day and like the nerd I am I'm excited about setting up tournaments and taking it to parties etc.

>who wants to party with me? amirite?

Anyway, I'm thinking about what kind of booze to use.

Beer is the most practical and inexpensive. I can even make it dark versus light beer for added class but assuming each glass holds 1 oz, the maximum amount of beer each player drinks in a game is only 16 oz. Not nearly enough to have an effect on the game.

On the other hand i can use liquor. for a few extra bucks i can even make that dark versus light also but a similar problem arises when a player can takes upwards of 16 shots a game. Too many for us non-alcoholics.

Im looking for a middle ground between the two . im looking for the perfect drink that:
>1. is not so strong so as though 1 game is a player's whole night and strong enough so that the game becomes more difficult as it progresses.
>2. is relatively inexpensive
>3. bonus points for drinks that, can be dark or light, taste good, have variety on the board and somehow represent their piece(king=crown royal, etc)
>>
Super easy. Pawns are beer level. Maybe roulette one liquor shot in there. Put wine level alcohol content into the Knights, bishops, or rooks, shots in the others. Put some STRONG shit in the Queen. And the king? I dunno, half everclear or something. Something you can set on fire before drinking.
>>
>>49936063
Mixed drinks. Screwdriver, Whiskey Sour, Rum and Coke, etc. Mix to the level desired.

Or mix the board. Beer for pawns straight liquor for Kings/Queens. Mixed drinks for other pieces.
>>
>>49936155
i haven't considered wine
with wine i can also separate red from white along with the beer, and for the liquor i can do vodka versus whisky
>>
>>49936155
>And the king? I dunno
Absinthe
>>
OP here.

>Pwns: light/dark beer
King:absinthe/everclear
Queen:vodka/gin/rum/wisky
Knight:
Bishop:
Rook:
>>
>>49936379
Pwns: light/dark beer
King:everclear
Queen:151 rum/absinthe
Knight: wine
Bishop: 80-100 proof liquor
Rook: different 80-100 proof liquor
>>
Bishop needs to be something brewed by monks.
>>
>>49936458
Monks literally have made every kind of alcohol, from beers to champagnes to meads to whiskeys to freaky tribal shit.

Wherever you can put a monastery, the monks there have tried their hand at making the local beverage.
>>
>>49936063
Oh shit, naga. Whatever you use, DON'T USE pre-mixed mojitos. I got sick as fuck playing chess that way. For the next month, even the SMELL of mint made me nauseous.
>>
>>49936458
Pure Frangelico.
>>
ITT: Dumbasses don't know how expenive booze is

Unless you're actually going to buy $400 in liquor, just get the cheap flavored alcohol or cheap whiskey, use wine coolers for the pawns.

Beer is about 6% alcohol

Wine is about 14%

Whiskey/Vodka is about 40%

Drink 8 shots of vodka and you're blacking out.

Drink 8 shots of beer and you just drank two pints of beer and are buzzed.

Drunk 8 shots of wine coolers and you're Mrs. Smith at noon.
>>
>Beer
That's pussy shit.
Try wine if you are not alco pro, or just mix rum with juice or cola.
>>
>>49936742
>Drink 8 shots of vodka and you're blacking out.
Anon, are you a grill?
>>
>>49936379
I'm going to keep it classy and make sure all the flavors work together. This is maybe less of a party selection, more of a challenging game with friends or loved ones selection.

>White (Light and fresh)
>>Pawns: Light colored beer, I recommend a Wheat. Get something Belgian, Hoegaarden if you can find the quality stuff.
>>Knight: A fruity white wine
>>Bishop: 75% Frangelico, top up with soda and lime juice.
>>Rook: 75% Gin, top up with lemon juice.
>>Queen: 100% Vodka
>>King: Everclear, or make drinking the rest of the board the punishment for losing

>Black (Red) (Dark and dry)
>>Pawns: Darker colored beer. Try and find a ruby porter. Dark beers tend to be stronger, make sure you adjusted your Wheat choice to match.
>>Knight: A dry red wine.
>>Bishop: 50% Green Chartreuse, top up with soda and Cranberry juice.
>>Rook: 75% whisky, top up with water (for purposes of balancing. Use a cheap whisky, don't want to ruin the good stuff.)
>>Queen: 100% dark rum
>>King: 100% overproof dark rum, or make drinking the rest of the board the punishment for losing
>>
>>49936742
Take your poorfag experiences elsewhere, peasant. Chess is the game of kings.
>>
>>49936859
Tryhard faggot who doesn't know shit
>>
OP here again having considered >>49936742
i have come up with a more practical list
>pwns:light/dark beer
>King/Queen:vodka/dark rum
>Bishop: vodka cranberry/rum cranberry
>Knight:vodka sprite/rum coke
>rook:??

requires 2 types of booze and beer need help with rook, must be simple mix that is good with both rum and vodka.
>>
aside from what kinds of drinks to use
I would also like to discuss any sort of side rules that may make the game more interesting.

If you take a piece, should you drink it, or your opponent? keep in mind that the game slightly changes when you incorporate drinking. both players have incentives to not drink as much as the other and would consider that before trading pieces.
>>
>>49937083
Drinking your opponent's piece rewards you and in theory reduces any snowball effect - the better you're doing, the more alcohol you consume and the better chance your opponent has of catching up

Drinking your piece when it gets taken encourages, defensive play, risky moves and suiciding your pieces because you want a drink. Does make closing the game a lot easier though
>>
>>49937218
For most other drinking games, drinking is a consequence.
for chess it seems even more so, the more you drink the harder it is to think, the worse you do.
if a player's incentives are to win then that player would want to drink as little as possible.
>>
>>49937083
>>49937218
>>49937284
how about the person taking the piece decides who drinks it? this can add a layer of strategy, but also lets you drink if you want to. you could also fuck with people by making them drink the pieces they/you don't like or drinking the ones you like.
>>
>>49936874
Scotch is best with water anyway.
>>
>>49936742
My first high school party (back when I was 16) I drank at least 18 shots of 40% alcohol within 2 hours, and I didn't black out. I had other issues, but your estimate is less than half what it should be.
>>
OP here
it has been decided
>Pawns: light/dark beer
>King/Queen: rum/vodka
>Bishop:rum/vodka and cranberry juice
>Knight:rum and coke/vodka and sprite
>Rook:rum/vodka and pineapple juice

each game requires:
>8 oz of light beer
>8 oz of dark beer
>5 oz of vodka
>5 oz of dark rum
>2 oz cranberry juice
>2 oz pineapple juice
>1 oz sprite
>1 oz coke

If you're cheaper than me and don't care about class and color then just pick one beer and liquor over the other
>16 oz of beer
>10 oz of liquor
>2 oz cranberry juice
>2 oz pineapple juice
>2 oz soda

you can even say fuck the juice and soda by just making the bishops knights and rooks half shots

did someone say "beer chugging contest for pick of black or white"?
>>
>>49937459
i love this idea i will incorporate it
>>
>choose your favorite drink (that your friends also like)
>fill all shots with it
>???
>profit
>>
File: 1442261796585.png (786KB, 787x786px) Image search: [Google]
1442261796585.png
786KB, 787x786px
>>49937674
so, what happens to pawns that get to the other side, does someone drink them or are they simply substituted for the new piece's drink?

hard mode: conceding at any point during a match requires all remaining pieces to be drank. winner decides who drinks them.
Dante must die mode: this happens at the end of the game regardless.
Permadeath, starting items and equipment only, mode: they have to be consolidated into one pitcher, mixed a bit and chugged in one go.
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>49936742
So what's it like to not be able to hold your alcohol kid?
>ITT: Expensive booze
Nigga do you know where you are? You are on fucking /tg/ this place is all about stupidly expensive shit, just go look in WH 40k general.
>>
>>49937872
good question
i suppose we can make someone drink the pwn upon reaching the other side and just fill him up with the new pieces drink. it would be convenient if ever there are like 2 queens on the board you can distinguish them from there drinks not the sticker on the side
>>
>>49937541
Agreed, although I would argue that 75/25 is drowning the poor liquor a bit. 90/10 or 95/5 is the best ratio for opening up flavor.
>>
>>49936063

As someone who is a weak FM and whose wife thought it was a funny equalizer to get me to play drunk, I would want to report that at least anecdotally, inebriation doesn't interfere with chess as much as you might think.

I mean, no two ways about it, I'll play weaker drunk than I am sober. But I've gotten so damn pissed I have trouble standing up, and I still crush casual chessplayers without any particular effort, and I figure I'm down to about a FIDE 17-1800 level when I get well and truly smashed.

So I wouldn't worry too much about the alcohol level (price is another one entirely) for playing this.
>>
Most normies can't play chess, anon. Try checkers or something.
>>
>>49938720
Nice b8
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.