[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't have the money or time for warhammer and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Little-People-Album-Cover.jpg (248KB, 560x558px) Image search: [Google]
Little-People-Album-Cover.jpg
248KB, 560x558px
I don't have the money or time for warhammer and I don't really have the friends for d&d, but what are some table top games where I can buy the pieces like buying mtg packs and get into a game with some friends who like mtg and munchkin?
>>
>>49919224
If you have enough friends to play MTG then you have enough to play D&D. Or you could, yanno play MTG.
>>
>>49919251

well aren't there some table top games that are like d&d but don't require you to keep log of your characters progression between games? I'm talking games with closed campaigns.
>>
File: 1458367086227.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458367086227.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>49919224
>what are some table top games where I can buy the pieces like buying mtg packs

D&D isn't necessarily a miniatures game. Some editions emphasize miniatures, but not all of them. And the rules are fairly adaptive either way.

For source books, maybe grab a free D&D clone like Labyrinth Lord. They're similar to the old B/X rules and Rules Cyclopedia.

If you absolutely need miniatures, then I recommend looking around thrift stores and Dollar General for generic fantasy poly packs like pic related.
>>
File: hc1.jpg (39KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
hc1.jpg
39KB, 700x300px
>>49919224
Stuff like HeroClix/ Mage Knight?
>>
File: IMG_0377.jpg (351KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0377.jpg
351KB, 1600x1066px
X-Wing miniatures! The minis are prepainted and you only need 3 to 5 ships for a standard sized list. And the game itself is excellent. Like Magic, you can pretty much just show up with your list, sit down and play.
>>
>>49919224
Heroscape would be perfect for you, except it's dead and old sets are jacked up ebay prices only.
>>
When I was a punk ass kid in the olden days (1980s) my first AD&D 2nd Ed. Group was me as DM my friend Brian as the intrepid Barbarian Hero Gunthar and my Dog. We played about 3 months before we started recruiting other guys from middle school to join us. Learning to play the game together is fun.
>>
>>49919266
GURPS. Just assign everyone some eyeballed stats (extra strength for a barbarian, extra intelligence for a wizard, etc) and skills and shit and go fight other monsters with eyeballed stats and shit.

Good fun.
>>
For your laziness to get into table top you got good taste in music
>>
File: 20161023_141341.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161023_141341.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>49920484

that sounds like a good idea, thanks.

>>49920500
This is just a small box from my collection of CDs, my music friends are the ones who got me into mtg
>>
>>49919266
Yeah, d&d with one-off sessions
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.