[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You and your fellow soldiers are about to go into battle against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 17

File: Erebor Guard.png (371KB, 562x753px) Image search: [Google]
Erebor Guard.png
371KB, 562x753px
You and your fellow soldiers are about to go into battle against an enemy army.
Luckily, you'll have your pick from a fully stocked armory beforehand.

Choose the armor and weapon type(s) which suit you best.
Let's hear the reasoning behind your choices.
>>
>>49910202
I'll go with the lightest armor available and a light weapon, maybe a short sword and buckler.
And I'll ask to be mounted on the fastest horse available.

The night before the battle starts, I am GONE
>>
>>49910202
I pick the weapon that weighs one hundred kilograms and fires two hundred dollar custom tool cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute.
>>
>>49910202
So is this, like, regular me drafted into the fantasy army all of a sudden, or some cool player character-tier fighter version of me?
>>
>>49910256
No armor though?
Dead in seconds.
>>
>>49910264
It's just you.
OR the last character you played as.
>>
>>49910202
I desert.
>>
>>49910202
Chain shirt, a nice spear, a shield, and a shortsword sidearm. Because I'm just going to end up being killed in the first few minutes of the battle.
>>
i will need the following armors
>mail hauberk
>padding
>surcoat
>gauntlets
>greaves and sabbatons
>mail coif
>steel cap
>great helm
>waist belt
because crusader armor was totally choice
it provides great all-around protection, while still being fairly easy to wear and to take off. full plate would have been a lot more protective, but i would rather not die of heatstroke, or take a whole hour to don it

as for arms
>warhammer
>kiteshield
>arming sword
this will let me beat people also clad in mail to death, while a sword is a symbol of office , and will let me show my allies whose boss. a shield, so that arrows wont damage the links in my armor, that crap is expensive
>>
>>49910275
Well, I guess I'll have to go with a breastplate, a helmet, a heavy shield, a long spear, and a hundred other guys using the same thing in a shield wall with me. Because I am a coward and will need both solid defensive equipment and some social pressure if I'm going to willingly get anything done.
>>
I'd want good protection, absolutely a shield because being peppered by arrows is one of the worst ways to die in a battle.
I think I'd go with a chain shirt, chain trousers/legs and a hardened leather jerkin over that, so I could still move. Leather bracers/leg armor too if available, or splint. I'd also like a helmet with either a nasal guard or a detachable/movable visor.

A large shield is what I want first and foremost, thick enough wood to stop an arrow but light enough to carry, with metal banding preferably. Round if possible so it doesn't snag on anything. For weapons, a short sword in my belt and a short spear to use with the shield. The further away I can keep the enemy the happier I am.
>>
Guns. What else?
>>
A bow and one arrow.

Fire the arrow towards the enemy, and then leave after fulfilling my obligation to contribute, due to badly written legal rules.
>>
File: nukeop.png (145KB, 985x915px) Image search: [Google]
nukeop.png
145KB, 985x915px
>>49910202
Me and my mates can roll up wearing pic related and fight an entire space station any day of the week.
>>
>>49910367
HOL UP son, you're contractually obligated to fire about 12 arrows a minute for a period no less than 50 minutes. Hop to.
>>
File: IMG_1335.jpg (552KB, 1321x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1335.jpg
552KB, 1321x900px
Pic related

It's practical and reasonably effective in most situations.

>Spears
>Daggers
>Chain mail
>Oval shields

The only things that might be change are straightswords instead of spears and plate armor instead of chain mail. Alternatively I might go with late republic/early imperial Roman build because they're extremely flexible as well.
>>
>>49910430
They look like they really want their shit pushed in by horse archers.
>>
>>49910462
>>49910462
The Romans, which is pic related, did beat the Huns at Catalaunian fields and they were horse archers.
>>
>>49910202
Something pic related so a plate and chainmail combo. I will also have a crazy ornament or simple feather plume upon my helm.

Gimme a shield and either a morningstar or an axe. If I pick the axe, the head should be in a curve shape. It will need to hook upon an enemy shield and either pull the shield down or twist it away from them to create openings for an attack.

The Morningstar is just to bash the shield and the enemy's arm off.

I picked the longsword for its reach and the ability to either use it by itself or with shield. That way I won't have to worry if I loose or need to ditch my shield.
>>
>>49910266
In how many seconds? I need to keep track of my spendings.
>>
File: 20160910_164947[1].jpg (640KB, 1261x2397px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_164947[1].jpg
640KB, 1261x2397px
>>49910202
I go into battle wearing duraplast and mandalorian iron with some leather. Not getting hit anyway
>>
File: desert mecha.jpg (178KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
desert mecha.jpg
178KB, 1200x600px
>>49910202
I choose Power Armor.
>>
File: Ewok.jpg (13KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ewok.jpg
13KB, 252x200px
>>49910580
>duraplast
Yeah you're all set unless the enemy decides to use rocks or rope.
>>
File: 20160910_163807[1].jpg (3MB, 2241x3984px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_163807[1].jpg
3MB, 2241x3984px
>>49910676
You're right rocks are outside of the living force, I would never see them coming. I'll send Venom Snake into the battlefield before I get there, that should cover the Ewoks
>>
>>49910202
I would choose the armor of immunities, duel wielding the shield of invulnerability with the spear of true penetration for my primary weapon. For secondary weapon I would equip myself with sword of blinding light. I would carry a short bow of true shot.
>>
>>49910717
>not dual wielding two shields of invulnerability
>>
I dual wield shields.
>>
File: Samurai_Armor_Details.jpg (962KB, 1146x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Armor_Details.jpg
962KB, 1146x1200px
>>49910516
>Weeboo edition

Katana, jumonji yari spear and a wakizashi dagger.
I would carry a glorious banner on my back. I will go out with my helmet; horse hair moustache, deer horns and white mane.
>>
>>49910781
It's fucking ridiculous how every single bit in the samurai armor, no matter how minuscule, had it's own name. In an European piece of armor you'd just have your chain shirt and your bucket of a helmet, meanwhile the samurai had to put on his HATAZAKI-MOTE and his DOKIMATZERU-NAGITIKA and fasten the twelve BOKKU each with a separate name before putting on a layer consisting of a MATSURAIDAMIJO, a KURUPURIN-BAKAJO and of course the TOJIDAIMATSUE-MANJINAN-DO. And that was only the first step out of four hundred more.

When people go "who would win knight vs samurai" they forget that the samurai would never get ready to fight in the first place.
>>
>>49910870
Look up Tobias Capwell. Nigger can name any tiny piece of a suit of European plate armor, and believe me it has far more moving parts than anything from Japan.
>>
File: Red.jpg (75KB, 689x432px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
75KB, 689x432px
Now I just need myself a big sword that just has "DEUS VULT" on the side and I'm basically guaranteed to win.
>>
>>49910870
You just went full retard.

Never go full retard. European armour had more named and moving parts than anything Japanese for that matter.
>>
File: screenshots_2015-03-15_00001.jpg (746KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshots_2015-03-15_00001.jpg
746KB, 1920x1080px
>>49910781
You could choose anything and you go for some lacquered wood armor.
>>
>>49910870
I know, you never saw this coming.
>>
>>49910975
>chain mail
So is it French or is it English?
Fucking decide. You're either wearing mail or you're wearing chain.
>>
>>49910975
So are there shoes under that, or is the entire sole metal? If the latter, then how did they fucking walk?
>>
>>49910275
If that's the case, definitely mail and a sword/shield. For some reason I really gravitate to that type of standard bs when larping.
>>
>>49910202
Full plate, Tower Shield, and 1hd mace.
>>
>>49910202
Fuck, what does an archer wear?
Probably not much, though, because I, personally, am terrible at fighting and will probably only serve as another crossbow to fire at the enemy before getting ganked and shanked.
>>
>>49911133
I got ya fame.
>>
>>49910390
what's that from?
>>
File: 400kKeks.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
400kKeks.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>49910256
>>
Melta and some carapace armor.
>>
>>49910202
What's everyone else wearing?
>>
me personally? chain armor, spear, shield, and a fucking trebuchet or catapult. oh, and barrels of water as well as an assortment of chemicals i haven't decided on. i'll take dead bodies too.
>>
>>49910202
Bardiche as primary weapon, great reach, excellent damage against both armor and flesh, acceptable speed
Crossbow as secondary weapon, for dealing with long range threats or thick armor, if ranged weapons are not allowed, I would take a shortsword
Metal lamellar armor, basically the protection rivaling plate armor with the mobility of scale armor
Fur coat to serve as padding, dampen blunt blows and protect me from the elements (dont wanna catch a cold while fighting, eh?)
Slavic face mask helmet with mail coif, looks cool and offers good enough protection for your entire head without limiting your field of view too much
Leather gloves that offer the dexterity needed to handle my weapons, perhaps some metal protection for the forearms
Splinted boots, decent protection without sacrificing mobility, go together well with the lamellar

And thats about it, sorry for the wall of text
>>
>>49911511
>Bardiche as primary weapon
When is that going to be viable in a full-scale battle?
>>
File: 418-14.jpg (164KB, 579x369px) Image search: [Google]
418-14.jpg
164KB, 579x369px
>>49911843
uhh... you know a lot of people used two handed axes in "full scale" battles. battles come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes. i mean people used polearm-flails in the hussite wars and kicked papist ass ever single time.

(note the bardiche at the top)
>>
>>49911053
they had shoes under the metal, with hard soles

and likely high heels, as they were beneficial for riding
>>
File: plate.jpg (57KB, 480x599px) Image search: [Google]
plate.jpg
57KB, 480x599px
gimme some gothic plate with the gauntlets removed and a heavily reinforced pavise

as for weapons, I'll take a M4, shortsword, a box of grenades and a couple dozen loaded mags. Oh, and a pump shotgun, if our lines are overrun
>>
>>49910202
Char-aina.
Small, round Metal Buckler.
Long-bladed spear.
Talwar.

We curry now.
>>
>needing gear from the armory
>>
>>49910527
Got a laugh out of me anon.
>>
>>49910275
>illithid warlock on epic tier
>needing weapons
>not steamrolling the entire thing within minutes
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.