[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The King's guards ask your party to hand over all of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: kingsguard.jpg (100KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
kingsguard.jpg
100KB, 485x700px
The King's guards ask your party to hand over all of your weapons before you enter the palace. Do you accept?
>>
>>49909103
Sure, i'm a wizard.
>>
If I'm a mage then fuck them. I am my own weapon.
If I am a rogueor thief, fuck them, I've got a dagger hidden somewhere
If I'm a fighter, then I'm fucked. Will have to rely on caster
If I am a cleric, I hand out my shit graciously and don't expect to be ambushed, because I am good.
If I'm a druid I don't give a fuck
>Because druids don't give a fuck.
>>
Jesus CHRIST these "King's Guard" look like the biggest bunch of incompetent fuck-ups in charge of guarding a royal that I've ever seen. Only one of those cunts is looking at me! One! Two of them are riding cunting horses at me! Two of them are playing fucking MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS!

I don't trust these faggots enough to determine what a weapon fucking looks alike, let alone safely retrieve one from my person. They'd probably cut their own jugular if their wives handed them a butter knife, assuming any of the sods was unlucky enough to have a sister who survived to adulthood.
>>
>>49909103
Sirs I assure you that we will hand over our weapons after all the king is paying a large sum of money and there is literally NO FUCKING REASON TO HAVE A HIDDEN WEAPON ON YOU CLERENCE YOU FUCKING FUCKFACE FAGGOT ahem as I was saying yes I submit to your search sirs.
>>
>>49909129
>If I'm a fighter, then I will have to rely on my fists
FTFY
>>
>>49909128
Why do idiots think this Gandalf meme would persist in a world with many established wizards? They'd take your spell components, spellbook and staff.
>>
File: comic_lotr59b.jpg (54KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
comic_lotr59b.jpg
54KB, 600x770px
>>49909103
What weapon?
>>
>>49909155
And even if they didint the king more than likely has a court wizard or an antimagic field because he can afford them.
>>
>>49909134
What if its all a clever ruse to catch you offguard.

One moment you're thinking you've outsmarted them, next moment you are dying because they poisoned you an hour before your arrival.
>>
Oh look, this thread again. Always one to be reliably utter shit.
>>
>>49909103
I obey, because our righteous conviction and the aid of honest, upstanding soldiers and guards will help us if the King proves to be treacherous.
>>
>>49909103
Yeah sure. All in good faith! It's not like we'll need them here, after all.
Oh that reminds me, I've got this dagger here, do you want to take that too? Don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to smuggle weapons into court, and it's kind of hidden. I think that's everything, I wasn't carrying much of my equipment for this visit. Does my shield count? Actually can you hold it for me anyway? It's rather heavy! Only reason I took it with me is habit.
>>
>>49909103
>Needing to take weapons
>When we are going into a room of highly trained warriors and mages
>To see the countrys most influential and richest man, who most likely can afford a good amount of protective charms
>Implying if we even tried anything our healer wouldn't be the barracks bicycle after the almost TPK.
>>
A can summon a fukheug wheel and dismiss it at will so sure, take my daggers.
>>
>>49909103
Sure, but I hope you're willing to keep them on hand for when something inevitably goes horribly wrong.
>>
>>49909220
>Not understanding the point
>This fucker is important enough that he sets all the rules
>He's important enough to have this palace, these guards, this money, and the ear of deities too
>You have to do what HE says before you can even look at him
>At his mercy and whimnwhn you finally do get to look at him
>He's at his best, surrounded by power
>And you barely are allowed a knife
It's not just for protection reasons, though that too. It's symbolic, and a little bit psychological.

Also for fuck's sake people just go in the throne room without weapons. It's almost certainly going to be diplomatic and social combat anyway. Get a brawl going or some improvised combat with environmental stuff at worst.
>>
>>49909155
>>49909155
>They'd take your spell components, spellbook and staff.

Would they, now?
>>
>>49909369
>cuck of a king is too afraid to allow visitors in with a sword

lol
>>
>>49909369
Alternatively, if he has a large guard and allows weapons he's flaunting his power and also allows more personal freedom.

He's saying "I respect you lower class pleb, but don't think I can have you dead in seconds if I want too."
>>
They know for a fact that I cannot allow myself to be separated from my weapon for any reason.
The news that someone tried to flaunt that ancient tradition is going to spread pretty quickly. King better start apologizing.
>>
File: Paladin.jpg (50KB, 373x480px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.jpg
50KB, 373x480px
>>49909103
"A paladin never relinquishes his weapon! If the King wishes to see me, he can either accept that fact, or come out here and see me himself."
>>
>>49909103
I show them my pre-approved concealed and open carry licenses for my weapons and proceed on in.

What, you thought I'd be a chump andnot keep my files and registrations in order? What do I look like, a murderhobo?
>>
>>49909103
>not suggesting they take the party monk into custody
>>
>>49909103
Why would you not? Seems like a reasonably standard practice.
>>
>>49909103
>The King's guards ask your party to hand over all of your weapons before you enter the palace. Do you accept?

Yes, and I also think this is a good test to see whether or not a party is going to actually roleplay or just act like a bunch of psycopaths constantly.

I'm so fucking exhausted of people turning small, mundane, in-game inconveniences into games of unreasonably escalating, "nu uh, that can't happen because I can do THIS".
>>
5e Warlocks of the blade pact can summon their wizard staff at will if you're doing it right. Never more than 6 seconds from a wizard staff.
Not sure if that benefit outweighs the loss of the ritual spells from book or the sprite companion from chain.
>>4990956
This, honestly
>>
>>49909945
Okay. The king won't see you then, strange person. No skin of my nose, let alone my lord's.

Not sure what you were expecting, us to bend over backwards for another berk wearing plate armor to court or that your self-claimed status if the centre of existence would just cause everything to work out.
Not like we spring have a head of a church as a court member and about three paladins in there at any one time, last thing we need is a theology 'debate' being carrried out with maces by religious zealots.
>>
>>49911042

This, really. They're not asking for a fucking hostage or anything.

Seems pretty normal the king wouldn't want a bunch of heavily armed strangers standing around. Granted, depending on the character I might still sneak in a hold-out weapon if I think I can.

I normally don't like attempts by the GM to gimp the players but this is totally reasonable for this situation. Of course, a faggy GM might still use this to fuck us over so out of character I'm still weary.
>>
>>49911067

Actually, how reasonable this is depends largely on place and time of the culture the king's culture is modeled after. What would be standard for an Emperor modeled after, say, Qin Shi Huangdi, is going to be very, very different from a ruler based off of King Hrothgar. Being a massive dick about yielding weapons or other customs based on culture clash is entirely reasonable on the player's part and good roleplaying.
>>
>>49911163
Hey, if the king decide I'm important enough to personally call into his palace, then I would assume he could respect my honor as a paladin. If he can't, then I've got better things to do with my time then waste it on a foolish king.
>>
Whenever I've had a situation like this my players are always massively resistant to it. It's just for formality, but nope they're convinced this known good King is gonna massacre them for fun in his court. So at this point I know the rogue is gonna try to keep a dagger and the wizard is gonna try to make some bullshit excuse everytime to keep his casting stuff.
>>
I make it a point to never meet nobility in table top.

I came out of a time where all scenes with them ended in the party press ganged or branded with divine magic and no choice but to go on a quest.

The fact there are dm/gms that continue this shit to this day saddens me to no end.
>>
I do this all the time in my game, honestly. The noble-born PCs are allowed to keep a 'gentleman's weapon' on their person (an arming sword, smallsword, or rapier), and the Sigmarite priest naturally gets to keep his warhammer. Only one NPC bucked this trend, because the party killed his brother.
>>
>>49909103
>The local count asks his invited guests to leave any weapons
>And get their nicest clothing
>And read up on table manners/courtesy.
>If you accept, you have to mingle with other nobles
How do you handle this
>>
>>49909103
Sure, but leave me this giant fucking bag of bat guano.

I need it.

For reasons.
>>
>>49914296
The Warlock is ex-noble and remembered to pack some nice clothes on the adventure so hes fine. The Fighter doesn't have the clothes and prefers not to talk but he can pose as the warlock's bodyguard so hes fine. The bard is a a bard so shes fine. The ranger is a bit of a kleptomaniac so we'll probably have to lock him up or deny that we're with him
>>
>>49914339
The meeting goes well, you get a new quest though your social status has fallen with the court as you stank of bat poop.
>>
I accept of course, but inform the guard if he loses or anything happens to my sword it will become the holy churches issue as it is a relic. Inquisitors will have to be called. Questions... asked
>>
I'm a monk. So i guess I have to wear some sockem boppers while I'm inside?
>>
Our party usually appoints a spokesman (usually a cleric, wizard, or bard), who goes in alone. Everyone else gets to stay outside with their weapons. It's all about priorities.
>>
>>49909103
>be druid
>keep a totem for spellcasting hidden in my long hair for situations like these
>moon circle, so even if I can't cast I still couldn't give less of a fuck
Sure, here's my scimitar, my walking stick , my sling and my yew wand . Do I get to keep my knife? If we are to eat with the king, I'm going to need one...
>>
>>49915108
>Eating with a knife
>Not your hands
FUCKING barbaric.
>>
>>49909103

This is what we used the illusionist for: we used a simple illusion to trick the guards into thinking that we handed over their weapons, keeping said weapons invisible for the whole thing. And it was ultimately fucking nothing; no surprise encounter and just a crotchety plot hook.
>>
>>49915117
I am guessing my lack of etiquette would show, mmyes... perhaps we can convince the king that he doesn't want us to eat with him...
>>
>>49909103

>Hand over artifact weapon to guard
>Guard takes blast damage due to being of the incorrect alignment
>>
>>49909103
Yes, because Improvised Weapon Proficiency. If we get ambushed, I'mma wreck somebody with the king's own scepter.

If need be, the King himself.
>>
I part with the various bits of trash I've been hauling around as potential barter. I also shove the dwarf in at them.

"Feed him plenty of ale and keep back ten feet at all times. Now open the gates."
>>
>>49909103
Let's be honest here, unless the party is going to kill the king they will give up their weapons.

...Well, maybe not the Adept. He'd be likely to try to sneak in his sniper rifle and then whine to the GM when told that it won't fit underneath his fancy suit.
>>
>Eldritch Knight

Sure thing friend :^)
>>
>>49915175
>Hand wand over to guard
>Guard is instantly killed and raised as the undead
>Forced to smite him before the sentient wand can force the undead abomination to do its darkgods will
> Grab the wand again and offering it to the other guard.
>>
File: yVdNm6.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
yVdNm6.gif
2MB, 400x225px
I want a receipt for all of this.
>>
>>49909103
>playing a Soulknife
>my weapons are just mental projections

You can try buddy. You can try.
>>
>>49909103
only a retard would insist on meeting the king armed.
>>
File: BiggestPleb.jpg (21KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
BiggestPleb.jpg
21KB, 409x409px
>>49909155
>They'd take your spell components, spellbook and staff.
>complains about Gandalf meme
>posts D&D meme
>>
>>49909945
>It's the law of the land, faggot. He summons you before him, unarmed, as is his birthright.
>>
>>49909155
Ray of Enfeeblement
>>
>>49909103
no

i leave
>>
File: 1420607966283.jpg (188KB, 897x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1420607966283.jpg
188KB, 897x1000px
>>49909129
If I'm a Paladin then fuck them, my faith is my strongest weapon.
>>
>>49918338
>the guard pats you on the back
>waving you on through, he looks on you with great sorrow
>"poor bastard", he mutters, "playing a soulknife"
>he talks to his comrades on his whisperstone
>telling them to let you through
>you deserve at least to be powerful when disarmed
>>
>>49918503
Should mention it's the third party Pathfinder Soulknife, which isn't garbage at all.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.