[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you make the good guy responsible for fucking every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: images(5).jpg (9KB, 177x285px) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
9KB, 177x285px
How often do you make the good guy responsible for fucking every bad thing in the setting?
>>
>>49908238
>the good guy responsible for fucking every bad thing in the setting
You mean bard?
>>
>>49908238
>How often do you make the good guy responsible for fucking every bad thing in the setting

Never. I have made a good guy responsible for every fucking bad thing in the setting though.

Word order counts, OP.
>>
The players make sure of this.
>>
>>49908238
He's been manipulated from practically the start and only now realizes his fuck ups, and is trying to make it right.
>>
>>49908238
>responsible for fucking every bad thing
Play FATAL
>>
>>49908249
>>49908266
>>49908290
Goddamnit i walked right into this one
>>
>>49908238
While not directly responsiblefor everything, to steal an example from Destiny:

The Traveller is legitimately benevolent and wants to help the planets it empowers fight it's ancient enemy. However as soon as said enemy appears, the Traveller runs away, leaving the planet to its doom. Only now that it's reached Earth is it tired of running and holds it ground, but by now the enemy has learnt how to manipulate and direct it to it's advantage.

For a game with a bunch of cool lore you'd think they'd put it in the game
>>
>>49908249
First post, best post.
>>
>>49908417
That's Destiny for you. Exceptional in concept but mediocre in execution.
>>
>>49908238

To be fair, Dr Light's work did eventually lead to a civilization of augmented humans living in harmony with sapient machines.
>>
>>49909594
I thought it lead to the complete eradication of all true humans, to be replaced entirely by mass produced self reproducing carbons?
>>
>>49909594
The "Dr. Light's work led to every bad thing in the games" bit is a stupid gag. Almost every bad thing in the games is a direct result of either Wily or Weil fucking things up. Humans and robots come incredibly close to true progress a dozen times in the X games just for the Maverick Virus to fuck everything up. By the time of Z/X the dream was accomplished, and Light's work is essentially irrelevant past that.
>>
File: Hope For Man.jpg (48KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
Hope For Man.jpg
48KB, 224x257px
>>49908274
>is trying to make it right.
Is he gonna bring back the light?
>>
>>49908417
>Only now that it's reached Earth is it tired of running and holds it ground
INCORRECT

The truth is that the Warmind known as Rasputin predicted the Traveler's cut-and-run and severely damaged it to make sure it had to stay and help.
>>
>>49910306
Megaman tabletop when?
There's so many sides to pick from over time.
>>
>>49910364
Which era though?
>>
>>49910557
that's a good question.
You got the early era with light and wily fucking everything up
Then the later era with wily's VIRUS fucking everything up
Then the later later era where x is a totalitarian jackboot and they're fighting robo resistance fighters
then the later later later era where robots are merging with humans and there's some kind of race war
then the later later later later era where all humans are gone and all that is left are human like robots than can just sort of stick blasters onto their arms
>>
>>49909184
I'm just happy that they didn't go with the Traveller literally also being the bad thing chasing it, a plot device that has never - not once - been done in a way that wasn't fucking stupid.
(See: Last Ultima game, Marvel's Sentry)
>>
>>49909184
>mediocre
Has it had that many content patches? I can't possibly imagine how it could've climbed the ladder that high since launch.
>>
>>49910740
It's gotten better with 40+ dollars of dlc. But it's still not amazing. Especially not when you need to buy so much dlc for what should have just been the base game.
>>
>>49910593
I've never played a Megaman game in my life; is this really the timeline?
>>
>>49910836
Yes, roughly.

I missed whatever the fuck was going on with axel, but I assume he's not important.
>>
>>49908238
Word choice aside, there was one dude who 50% of the setting's problems can be directly related to- and he wasn't really a good guy, but he was better than most of the bad guys.
He was
>The nemesis and driving enemy of the single most prolific mortal villain in the setting
>Father to the setting's Ghengis Khan/Alexander the Great
>Grandfather to the harbringer of the end
>Not willing to give up his power to tip the scales in a battle that wound up placing a group of assassins in the palm of a cult
>The man who arranged the death of an international hero who could have fixed everything listed above simply by virtue of being alive and not an asshole
>>
>>49910593

You forgot 'The alternate timeline where Light's electronics research got funded instead of Wily's robotics research and thus the entire world is connected in a giant matrix that Wily is really fucking pissed about'
>>
>>49911008
I actually -did- forget that one.
Where's it from?
>>
>>49911037

Megaman Battle Network.

The later games explain the point where the timeline's split (Lan's Grandfather was Dr Light). Basically: Wily was a robotics expert, Light was more software/electronics based. They were both competing for the same government funding.

In the normal timeline, Wily's got funded and that led to the start of the normal megaman setting as Light moved onto the field that was being actually funded alongside Wily.

In the MMBN timeline, Light's electronics/internet research got funded at the cost of Wily's robotics. Wily has never forgiven society for costing him the chance to see his dream realised and hates the net society.

However, he's also a fair bit more humanised than in the normal timeline as a general from a foreign military took him in to do military robotics work when his research was abandoned and they became good friends. It's when his friend was killed in battle and Wily blamed net society for not letting his research having advanced far enough to keep humans out of war that he decided 'You know what? Fuck these fucking fuckers! Burning it all fucking down!'
>>
>>49911137
Man, fuck light's vision.
The robot way was way cooler.
>>
File: FuckingRegalSoShitAVillian.png (20KB, 512x380px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingRegalSoShitAVillian.png
20KB, 512x380px
>>49911149

Oddly enough, near the end of MMBN they are moving to finally capitalise on Wily's vision from another direction. In normal megaman they made a heap of dumb robots before finally getting some good AI. In MMBM they have a heap of fantastic AI and are now developing bodies for them based on Wily's research.

On the other hand: The alt timeline has Dr Regal so it automatically loses. Seriously, fuck Dr Regal and all the bullshit he brings to the series.
>>
File: 1463126922491.jpg (389KB, 1576x1591px) Image search: [Google]
1463126922491.jpg
389KB, 1576x1591px
>>49910358
While Rasputin had a plan in place to attempt to cripple the Traveler, several of the grimoire entries imply that the Traveler chose to stay on her own, including one written from Rasputin's point of view where he talks about how he abandoned humanity and went into hiding while the Traveler did not and chose to stay. Plus, in his final signoff log he details the routines he's enacted and LOKI CROWN, the plan to fire all of his antimatter weapons at the Traveler, is not listed.

MIDNIGHT EXIGENT, the routine that allows him to ignore loss of human life and make attacks against the Traveler if necessary, is still active according to his ingame message. He could still do it but hasn't done so yet, presumably because his device from the Vex researchers on Venus and interactions with the time-travelling Stranger told him it wouldn't be required.
>>
>>49910364

Any advice/pointers for running the setting of Megaman ZX in GURPS?
>>
>>49912255
ZX was where in the timeline?

Was it the one where they were merging with humans?

If so, sorry to say I've not got much. I didn't give those a thorough play.
>>
>>49910306

Either way it's all gunna burn.
They'll never learn.
Turn it off.
Flip a switch.
>>
>>49912492
The only way they'll ever learn
>>
MMBN5 works far better if you consider NebulaGray as being a fragment of the Lord of Chaos that show up in the post game, which is essentially a fucking eldritch abomination that's quite possibly the true source of the fuckery with darkchips, and probably mindfucked Regal.

By extension, this means that Regal's probably a stupid puppet in 4 and 5, and that the final state of what he's aiming for in 5 would, if left unchecked probably leave the world in a state where the abomination could manifest itself in the real world or something.

It also has an exclusive seen in the Colonel version where Wily shows up and handles Regal awesomely in a manner far better than Regal deserves.

>>49912450
Classic->X->Zero->ZX
at some point after the classic stuff, Light builds X and seals him off in some capsule. Some doctor eventually finds him and builds a series of stuff based on him which become the reploids, thus the name. By the time of the Zero games, are willingly gaining some humanish limitations, and by the time of ZX, Humans are getting sorta cyborgish and extending themselves the other way and meeting in the middle and things are sort of a golden age for relations between the two eventually for a long time, but...at some point that has to end so the stuff leading into Legends can happen.
>>
How could a setting in the classic Era work though? Would you be humans, or a newly built group of 'men' (or woman if you want), or a combo of the two? Would you want Wily to be your BBEG or would you like to take things in a different direction?
>>
>>49917556
I'd be a Sniper Joe someone just found after a battle and refurbished slowly on their own.
>>
>>49910593
Legends would be the easiest to sell, since there's not one strict villain overseeing all of it. Air Pirates and Reaverbots are pretty generic plates to do larger campaign arcs with, even without going into the entire Master System shenanigans.
>>
>>49918132
Legends would be fun as heck, but it always felt very disjointed from other megamen
>>
>>49908238
The fuckedup-ness of my settings is never due to the doings of a single individual. Shit but well-intentioned kings and other authority figures are not very uncommon however.
>>
>>49908238
there are no "good guys" in my setting
>>
>>49919358
I question if it was truly suppose to be connected to the primary timeline as it was, but it held its own well in a lot of ways. The world seems rich and rather open to interpretation. It would make for a killer setting even without the Master System's influence. A system that lets you build your own arsenal and airship as you hunt for treasure sounds like a pretty decent base for any sort of dungeon crawl campaign like it might excel at providing.
>>
>>49920505
Hell, being a pirate would also kick ass.
>>
>>49908238
Only once, and that was for a hatefic where I was the main character and the core concept was "you brought this upon yourself".
>>
>>49910306
There are still heroes left in man.
>>
File: edgy.png (61KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
61KB, 400x366px
>>49919857
>>
>>49920592
Fuck, I'm really considering making a Legends inspired homebrew game now. What would /tg/ suggest using as a base for it?
>>
>>49922336
Savage Worlds. Use Savage Armory for weapons, include some equipment that uses powers.
>>
Now I really want to play a game where you play as the robotic creation of a misunderstood doctor, and have to keep him from being killed by angered citizens.
>>
File: Drcain.jpg (169KB, 448x780px) Image search: [Google]
Drcain.jpg
169KB, 448x780px
>>49908238
You used the wrong character.
>>
File: 280px-WalterBishopSnack.jpg (18KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
280px-WalterBishopSnack.jpg
18KB, 280x280px
>>49908238
>How often do you make the good guy responsible for every fucking bad thing in the setting?
It happens more often than you think.
>>
>>49908238
On reflection, it seems that in my settings all the minor problems are just nature, all the medium problems are caused by selfish assholes, and all the major problems are the results of well-intentioned people going off the deep end.
>>
>>49911223
And then there's star force.
Is that connected to battle network or is it is own fucking offshoot?
>>
>>49928440
Star Force takes place roughly 200 years after BN, where everything now runs on EM waves and there's also living EM wave aliens and they want to turn the world into EM waves and eat it.
Also there was an ancient civilization that EM waves and somehow Dinosaurs or Ninjas for Knights got involved. Star Force 2 was fucking stupid.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.