[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 29

File: prestigious-leblanc.jpg (38KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
prestigious-leblanc.jpg
38KB, 640x378px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>/tg/ character sheets
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous thread:
>>49897538

Question: what's are minor tweaks your group runs for combat?
>>
File: No One Twerks Like Gaston.jpg (21KB, 564x515px) Image search: [Google]
No One Twerks Like Gaston.jpg
21KB, 564x515px
>>49908159
>minor twerks

No such thing
>>
>>49908159
>>49908159
Not exactly a tweak but I keep a printed list of the actions in combat from the PHB and the extra action options from the DMG on the table so that whenever there's a combat the players have their options in mind.
I also let my OH Monk Disarm with FoB.
>>
Thoughts on this homebrew?

College of Tricks (bardic college)
Lv. 3: Bonus Proficiencies Deception & Sleight of Hand
Lv. 3: The Pledge:

You learn prestidigitation. if you already knew it, you gain another cantrip from any class.

You may cast Prestidigitation as a bonus action. When you do cast it, you may also choose to either store an item or creature from an extraplanar space, or withdraw an item from that space. The extraplanar space is unlimited, but can only fit items that easily fit into your hands, and weigh no more than 2 lbs.

If you take the Use Item action with an item that you've withdrawn from the extraplanar space this turn, you may add your charisma modifier to the saving throw DC, ability checks, or attack rolls related to the use of that item.

Lv. 6: The Turn
You can manipulate the positioning of creatures around you. As a bonus action or reaction, you may expend a bardic inspiration die. Roll the die, and choose a creature. That creature makes an intelligence saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failed save, it disappears and and reappears a number of feet equal to 5+your CHA mod+the result of your bardic inspiration die, rounded to the nearest five feet, and in any direction. Creatures moved this way provoke opportunity attacks by allies familiar with your abilities.

Lv. 14: The Prestige
You can defy death with a clever ruse. Whenever a creature within 30 feet of you is reduced to zero hitpoints, you may use your reaction and a bardic inspiration die. Roll the die. That creature appears up to 30 feet away from where it was reduced to zero hit points, with a number of hitpoints equal to the result of your roll. The creature appears as if emerging from some cover, such as a tree, wall, or loose ground.
>>
Mentioned it in the last thread, but it works. When an illusion is used we have the affected creatures roll investigation each round if the illusion would revent them from taking other actions. (Like putting them in an illusory wall of stone.)

In other news I just ran the first 3 chapters of out of the abyss as a one shot. It is a better module than I imagined, and I already thought it sounded quite good. I was worried about the number of NPCs slowing things down, but most of them died pretty early and the ones that didn't were mostly non-combatants... I don't think it's a coincidence that it worked out that way either. The module is much more about escaping encounters than overcoming them.
>>
>>49908159
>what's are minor tweaks your group runs for combat?

My DM allows us a certain freedom when it comes to weapons. For example, spears being a finesse weapon and the availability of estocs, a two-handed heavy 2d6 piercing weapon.

In terms of actual combat sim, the base rules are loose enough where we don't really change much except for occasional shit that isn't too important.
>>
So I've been wanting to make a necromancer recently and I can't really find any helpful advice outside of going Necromancy school wizard and the ruling on sage advice that undead heal during rests. Is there and solid guides out there? Does anyone have any tips from their necromancer experience that I should keep in mind?
>>
>>49908301
Level 3:
>gain another cantrip...
Okay, kool.
>from any class
No.

>may add your charisma modifier [to rolls associated with items withdrawn on this turn]

How does that make sense?
'I pulled a dagger out of my hat, now stand there awe-stricken while I throw it at you.

Level 6:
Kinda kool, but It might just make it a save vs. spell dc and they move 5x(bardic inspiration roll) and remove the ability to use it as a reaction.

Level 14:
Really awesome, but make it once per short or something.
>>
>>49908428
The idea behind the +cha mod to your rolls is basically that the flourish/trickiness of the use helps you hit with it.
>>
>>49908357
Necromancer is best, and keep in mind that your abilities encourage you to make more undead than you can maintain control of. Don't fight that, embrace it. You can make them more quickly than anyone, and you should do so as much as possible. Any extra-dimensional space that your party gets their hands on (bags of holding, haversacks, portable holes, demiplanes, ect.) you should be willing to pay top dollar for. Your party will thank you when you drop 300 angry undead in the middle of the BBEG's layer... Then they will be mad again when those undead spread out and start killing townspeople... Then happy again when that produces a lot more work for you guys.
>>
>>49908349
is the estoc a finesse weapon? I certainly hope not
>>
>>49908474
I guess I get that, but infinite storage and a free bard cantrip is plenty of benefit for a third level ability.
>>
>>49908522
Hell no, it's just an option for STR-based 2d6 piercing, since there's the maul and greatsword for bludgeoning and slashing respectively.

Also there's another thing that's two-handed d10 bludgeoning with reach, sort of a super-warhammer. I forgot what it's called.
>>
How do Tempest Clerics play out?

Seems kinda weird, martial weapons + heavy armor but no sort of extra attack features

>>49908577
ok, my autism is sated thank you
>>
>>49908538
Hmm. I've been told it's not powerful enough.

here's my goal: to replicate the magician combat in the Now You See Me Series. It's a terrible movie series, but I found the magician fights to be genuinely entertaining. You get things like people surprise handcuffing their opponents, flinging props, etc. It seemed to me that normally a bard wouldn't be able to do this very well, so I wanted to add something to them to help just a smidge with that, and item based classes need some love.

With that in mind, do you think there's another way to do this?
>>
>>49908159
how do y'all build up to a betrayal /tg/? currently planning on having a party favorite npc who works for the same organization betray them for the bbeg. he's always been in the bbeg's pocket, and he genuinely likes the party and hopes to at least not kill them himself. one pc even has a crush on him. so far I've given them his motive (respect for cycle of life and hatred of undeath) but I can't figure out how to make it feel like a surprise they could have seen coming. they caught him passing notes secretly but they turned out to be innocuous and playful.
>>
>>49908637
Sounds like it's gonna be fine, you've got this
>>
>>49908637
If he's pro party then he might try to justify the descision to the party, talk about getting on the inside and striking at the heart, then at the critical moment when the bbeg is by his side and the party call for him to strike, he falters, the players don't know what happened to their friend, leaving them with curious anger, which is always a good emotiononal state for players to be in.
>>
>>49908637
>>49908913
As a follow-up, is the NPC's redemption a possibility? Like after the betrayal, could he turn yet again and help the party one final time?
>>
>>49908986
Sure, as long as the Character has a reasonable position then the player should be able to demonstrate why they get more of a benefit with him, i'm assuming he's turning away from the party because he sees more value in allying with the villain so he obviously cares about his own survival, and i really doubt most people who defect would die for their newly found cause unless they really cared about their new allies ideas.
>>
would an elf make a good battle master?
>>
Is it possible for a Lore Bard to do respectable damage? Like, enough to contribute.

2 - 3 level dip into Warlock so I can just EBlast?
>>
>>49909101
>>49909111
lore bards are pretty good, and with spell slots, can do good damage. elves make good battle masters.
>>
>>49908986
>>49908986
basically it's an end of days cult that sees the end of the world as the beginning of a new one and seeks to awaken a sort of "primordeal consumer" ouroboros style

I'm planning on him betraying them at a critical moment to steal an artifact they retrieve before they can figure out what it is. they haven't uncovered much of the cult yet, only finding strange markings of snakes eating each other, etc, but they should soon. I don't think he can be persuaded to not follow the cult but I think he might be persuaded not to stand in the parties way... I just want them to feel confused and I'm hoping to get them to feel conflicted about whether they're on the same side. the party has a nature bent and the npc is a heroic ranger type so I think it might work...
>>
What's the best way to Captain America in 5e?
>>
>>49909157
Paladin, next.
>>
>>49909157
Battlemaster(or Eldritch Knight if your GM lets you bond with your shield) with the Shield Master feat.
>>
>>49909211
Oops, the EK thing also only applies if your GM lets you use your shield as a throwing weapon.
>>
>>49909157
http://www.tribality.com/2015/05/03/avengers-assemble-character-builds-for-dd-5e/
>>
>>49909232
>iron man doesn't have the ability to cast fly at-will from his armor
>hawkeye still the worst
kek
>>
>>49909157
Get your DM to allow you to use a shield as a throwing weapon, probably 1d6 + STR.

Be an EKnight I guess, bond with the shield. Throw it then bonus action teleport it back to your hand.

You could throw it twice like that when you have extra attack
>>
>>49909136
And the NPC believes wholeheartedly in the motivations of the cult? Because if it's a "these guys pay more" thing then it's possible that he triple-agents it.
>>
So, I'm thinking about implementing the following houserule because I don't like the current saving throw methods

>Proficiency in Saving Throws is categorized into 3 groups, called Defenses
>Fortitude: Strength and Constitution
>Reflex: Dexterity and Intelligence
>Will: Wisdom and Charisma
>Effects which call for saving throws now reference one of these Defenses, based on the original ability score needed for the saving throw.
>If you have proficiency with saving throws for one of the associated Ability Scores of a Defense, you are proficient with Saving Throws that target that Defense. You may use the Ability Score with the higher modifier when making your saving throw, if you wish.
>If you are proficient with both Ability Scores associated with a Defense, you also have advantage on saving throws that target that Defense.
>>
>>49909347
So............3.5? Really?
>>
>>49909375
No, 3.5 still relied horribly on having specific ability scores high enough. Even if your class specialized in, say, Will, you had to have at least a +2 in Wisdom to be somewhat protected
>>
Are Observant,Linguist, or Keen mind any good? I got a 15 in my Int and these seem like they can be mildly useful and would fit my character.
>>
>>49909344
oh no he's an actually nice and friendly guy who is obsessed with destroying undeath and sees the end of the world as akin to a bushfire. though if he knew the cult had an aboleth infiltrating it he might think twice...
>>
>>49909450
Eh. Don't try to fix what ain't broken. You'll end up redesigning the whole system to make it work right (which always happens with things like this).

>>49909459
In my setting the first two would be very useful. However, they might not be in someone else's setting.
>>
>>49908637
I've always thought a cursed item given freely as a gift is a great way to bring home a betrayal. Have them give the PC who has a crush the cursed item and then have it work against them in an important encounter with BBEG.
>>
>>49909494
OK cool, that works out. If the aboleth was revealed to him, or if the party somehow changed his mind, he isn't a complete lost cause.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on the whole thing anon, good luck with your session.
>>
>>49909505
>Eh. Don't try to fix what ain't broken. You'll end up redesigning the whole system to make it work right (which always happens with things like this).
Nah, it's actually quite simple and has a positive effect on the rest of the game. The majority of effects target constitution, dexterity, or wisdom as it is. These are ability scores that are already a bit "stronger" than the other ability scores, since they're used (or can be used) for skills and statistics that are vital to almost every adventurer. With an increased ability to focus on the ability scores most relevant to your class, you don't have to worry as much about having to bump ability scores or get Resilient so you don't get destroyed by a saving throw that doesn't target your specialty.
>>
File: CLbKUKj.jpg (211KB, 796x1404px) Image search: [Google]
CLbKUKj.jpg
211KB, 796x1404px
i want to make a character akin to the soul of cinder, any helps with stats and such?
>>
Who is better at magical subterfuge and manipulation, Archfey Warlock or Wild Magic Sorcerer with the subtle metamagics? Trying to make a character based off of Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and want a real scummy schmoozer with a system to manipulate people like the D.E.N.N.I.S system
>>
>>49909576
So, the Wizard with a bad DEX save is good at dodging a Fireball. Mkay, sure.
>>
>>49909632
whynot.jpg
>>
Does anyone else think that Champion is a really boring Fighter specialty in comparison to Battle Master and Eldritch Knight?

I understand the perks it gives you are useful, but seem so much less interactive.
>>
>>49909632
>wizard
>bad dex
Who does this
>>
>>49909647
It was made specifically for people trying to stamp all the 4e out of 5e.
>>
>>49909647
It's less micromanaging but at the end of the day if you wanted a class to manage a bunch of resources you should have probably picked Land Druid or Wizard or something.

I like Fighters for their combat simplicity, rather than always fretting on my own resources I can get other classes to buff me and focus on taking down the big bads.
>>
>>49909647
>Champion is really boring

You don't say?

Quite the controversial opinion there friendo.

Yea you should be an EKnight or Battlemaster. Battlemaster is the best pure martial, what a battlemaster with sharpshooter/great weapon master can do is absurd.

Eknight is less good than bmaster but it can be a good tank with a dash of utility/buffs
>>
>>49909669
>only full casters should have options
Fuck off to 3.pf
>>
>>49909647
if you're multi classing into fighter it offers a nice elegant benefit without adding additional the clutter of additional abilities to manage
>>
>>49909691
Options, or needless resource management that turns your character into a walking excel sheet?
>>
>>49908637
You're on the right track but you need more clues. How does he communicate with the BBEG? Perhaps make him go missing unexplained for a period of time then when he returns his excuse is questionable or unsatisfactory. When he takes watch at night maybe make a player wake up to him talking to someone or something in the dark.

In short, make him do odd stuff that the characters write off as foibles or quirks but in retrospect are clear signs of betrayal.
>>
>>49909347
While charisma and int saves (mostly int) are sorely lacking, the real solution is to introduce psionics for more int saves and more charisma saves.

It's too much faff to change it.

I think it's a bigger problem that heavy armour isn't awfully interesting and that there's no flat-footed AC or touch AC, though.
>>
>>49909689
lol, sorry if that opinion gets bandied about often. I'm kinda newish to /tg/

>>49909693
Thats a really good point actually. Never considered that.
>>
>>49909711
If you consider any 5e class to be a walking excel sheet you are a very simple man

even with wizard all you keep track of is spell slots and what spells you're preparing. A child could do it and they literally do, my friend's 13 year old brother played a wizard for awhile without any issue
>>
>>49909721
>It's too much faff to change it.
It's pretty simple. If something says it targets constitution and you have proficiency in strength, you have proficiency for that saving throw. That's pretty much the change: a simple coupling.
>>
>>49909744
If you think Champion is inherently boring due to lack of flashy moves or pointless resources that you'll never even need to use then I think you need to reassess who is the simple guy around here
>>
>>49909761
Did your post sound better in your head?

>If you think this very simple archetype is simple then you're simple

flashy moves or pointless resources? casting Fireball is a flashy move? spells slots, bardic inspiration, wildshapes are pointless resources?

Come on step it up
>>
>>49908301
>take prestidigitation at 1st level
>get eldritch blast at 3rd

hmmm
>>
>>49909759
It's simple, but also not.

If you took a level in rogue to start with, you would have reflex saves with advantage.
Yet, rogues already get evasion, so they don't really care about having SUPERGOOD saves in a specific ability.

Not only that, if the rogue then takes two levels in barbarian or uses the 'dodge' action they'll have advantage on dex saves, which doesn't stack with the advantage from having doubled up saves.

Advantage is not supposed to be an 'always on' thing. It's supposed to be conditional.

It's too much faff because there's no real problems with the current system. Sure, people might get confused as to why int saves exist but the fact int saves exist doesn't really slow anything down at all.
>>
>>49909721
What is flat-footed AC or touch AC?
>>
>>49909861
Flat-footed AC is where a character is caught unaware or bound, and thus cannot dodge. A character in heavy armour thus has a very high flat-footed AC, whereas a nimble rogue has a very low one.

Touch AC is where something only needs to touch to take effect, and thus ignores armour. Thus, heavy armour users likely have low touch AC whereas a nimble rogue has a very high one.
>>
I wanna be an arbalest with a giant heavy crossbow

battlemaster is the best option from what I can tell.

however the feat tax really sucks, and I also want Sharpshooter.

But with crossbow expert, I can fire as many bolts as I want without having to worry about reload right?
>>
>>49909856
>It's too much faff because there's no real problems with the current system.
The real problems with the current system is that there are three ability scores that you really need to protect, because the majority of saves target them and those ability scores are also very important in general. Following that there is the occasional odd saving throw targeted at ability scores that a class might not have any use for (the "lesser" scores) and can easily end up far behind the curve against. Slow or fast isn't the issue, rather the issue is that the current setup creates gaping holes in defense that only grow larger as characters gain levels and face higher challenge enemies. What was a minor flaw before becomes a true Achilles heel. That's just not supposed to happen.
>>
>>49909909
Crossbow expert means you don't have to worry about the 'loading' quality, which means you can use it just like a more powerful longbow.

You get a bunch of feats, so you can get sharpshooter sooner or later.

Any fighter works, but champion is mediocre for non-multiclassers. EK gives you defence and gives you a 'use a melee cantrip and then fire a crossbow bolt' possibility and 'haste' and 'hold person'. I'd say the EK is better as a support than a damage dealer, though. Battlemaster is probably what you'll want, though and more damage dealey.
>>
>>49909909
>feat tax
anon, you're playing the most feat-heavy class in the game.
>>
>>49909909
If you start as Variant human you can get both your feats by level 4.
>>
>>49909711
>resource management that turns your character into a walking excel sheet?
He didn't say Sorcerer.
>>
>>49909619
Enchantment wizard
>>
>>49909931
5e is a bit low-power, so it's only expected that people won't be great at everything.

The aim is to avoid power creep where everyone just gets +1 to all stats and doesn't have to worry about it.

Resilient(ability score) is a pretty good feat, and many might take it.

Strength is actually used fairly often. Apparently, it occurs just as often as wisdom saves do in the monster manual, though overall it's still less useful.

Int is almost never everused.
Charisma gets some, but still isn't worth it.

Still, right now it's a case of 'You get one major save and one minor save' and that's kind of enough. Paladins then offer a massive save boost (up to +5) and other effects such as bless (+1d4) or magic items (Cloak of protection gives +1 to saves)..
And given that it's not like 4e with +40 to hit or whatever stupid shit, even a very high level monster you can still save against if you're lucky.

Medium flaws are good. Perhaps multiple gaping ultraflaws are bad, but resilient exists and getting resilient in wis, con or dex gives you +1 to one of the three most useful scores in the game and also gives you saves in it.
>>
>>49909830
I'll make it bard cantrip.
>>
>>49909881
I see. I guess they tried to emulate that with DEX shit.
>>
>>49910043
>Int is almost never everused.
For saving throws sure, but i incorporate intelligence checks alot just for the general knowledge player characters have, as well as liberal use of the investigation check.
>>
Thoughts on this houserule?

Whenever you are adjacent to a creature that takes a melee attack action against you, you can choose to give ground. If you do, move away from the creature, opposite the direction it is attacking you from. That creature makes its attacks with disadvantage.
>>
>>49909975
>>49909995
>>49910001
ok ok. Just wasn't sure if taking the feat justified the +2 possible damage you get from going longbow to Heavy cbow

Doesn't really matter cause it's more about the flavor, I wanna be a ranged artillery machine

One of the other things I kinda wanted to do with the character was being able to fire different kind of bolts - explosive bolts, firebolts etc. Is there anything at all that supports that sort of thing or is it going to be just purely up to my GM?

Battlemaster gets proficiency with artisan's tools, could I take some form of tools that'd let me craft bolts?

ALSO what the fuck is that new captcha, trace the object? jesus christ
>>
Oops, sorry, forgot two important parts. You move a distance up to half your move speed, and it takes a reaction.
>>
>>49910169
It just occurred to me that I could totally flavor some maneuvers as special bolts

trip attack could be like a Bola bolt
>>
>>49910169
The feat also gives double hand crossbow usage and point-blank firing.

Usually you'd have to go for the fighting style '+1 to hit with ranged attacks and no disadvantage witin 5ft'to get that
But now you can get archery instead
and the +2 is to every attack of the up to 4 attacks you'll get to make and it's effectively +4 on a crit.

So, in the end, for +1 to hit and +2 to damage it's probably better than two-weapon-fighter which gives +1 to damage +1 to AC.
>>
>>49909618

Just make a fighter.
>>
>>49910161
Sounds like a Dodge action.
>>
>>49909618
Eldritch Knight Fighter. Magic Missile, Burning Hands, green flame blade, etc.
>>
>>49910325
Yeah, but more mobile. You can still attack during your turn, but you give up the ability to make opportunity attacks with this, and risk being maneuvered into a trap.

As an option for monsters and npcs to take, it would let players be rewarded for good positional play. Those are my goals at least.
>>
>>49910369
Eh. I'd make it a Battlemaster Maneuver and call it a day. That's about it. It's not something I'd want to give everyone.
>>
>>49910161
>melee attack action
So only if they spend an action to attack, but not if they spend anything that isn't a reaction such as a bonus action?

>whenever somebody attacks you, you can impose disadvantage and disengage for free without even using a reaction
But why
Combat would take too long as everyone spams it. Disadvantage is powerful, and usually takes a full action to use dodge to impose, or a spell or ability.

Disadvantage doesn't stack, and would devalue other sources of disadvantage.

Lastly, normally you have to disengage to move out of range of an enemy without provoking attacks. With this, you not only get to make it harder to be attacked but you can move away for free.

Heck, you could have a friendly peasant attack you with a knife to give you free movement.

>>49910369
>give up ability to make opportunity attacks
So presumably it DOES take a reaction.
That's unfair on classes that specifically get a reaction (such as rogues), as it devalues the level they put in to get that 'use on reaction' ability.

Often you'll be pushed back the way you came, so it's not like you'll be pushed onto traps often.
>>
I suppose this is more of a Forgotten Realms question than a 5e question, but seeing as I couldn't find a Realms thread I suppose this is as fine a place as any to ask: Is the naming of the years in the Realms simply arbitrary? For example, 1489 DR is referred to as Year of the Warrior Princess, yet I cannot find any historical event that involves a warrior princess. Am I overlooking the year-naming events? Is there a naming system? Is that system just "things that would look bitchin' painted on the side of a van?"
>>
>>49910463
I completely disagree with this, but in of the opinion that every martial class should have had maneuvers. We probably have fundamentally different opinions on what combat should be like.

>>49910466
Since relevant criticisms here, I'll tweak and return.
>>
>>49910161
>>49910697

That's such a ridiculous suggestion to a house rule that I have to question your ability to judge game balance.
>>
>>49910777
Elaborate.
>>
>>49910697
Most likely. However, the classes that don't have maneuvers, thematically speaking, don't need them. Monk, for example, technically still has maneuvers, although they're called something else entirely now (if you're familiar with the playtest packets).

>>49910567
Nope! It's actually based off a series of prophecies written a long time before. Although I'll be arsed if I can remember what they were called, save that I believe the guy that wrote them was a monk in Candlekeep.
>>
>>49910697
I'd suggest you just alter the dodge action to

'Whenever you are attacked while dodging, you can choose to either give ground or not. If you do not, you do not gain any benefits. If you give ground, you gain all the usual benefits of dodging, and you move 5ft away from the origin of the attack'.

Though, that brings to question 'Why doesn't a successful dex save on a fireball move you away from the fireball?'
>>
>>49909931
A level 1 sorcerer has 10+dex (or 13+dex) AC. If the sorcerer doesn't raise Dexterity (and why should they?), then that is the AC they'll have at level 20, barring magic items. Saving throws receive no different treatment.

A defense you don't improve does not improve. It doesn't get worse. There is an assumption that ancient dragons are powerful beings. There is not an assumption that a high level adventurer fights ancient dragons.

It's okay to get hit. You have HP. It's okay to fail saving throws. You can fix that.

>That's just not supposed to happen.
That is exactly what is supposed to happen. It is obvious that this would happen when AC and saving throws do not all scale on their own. There's no way this is accidental. High level combatants do not miss/fail as much. It's a feature.
>>
>>49909548
fuck that's perfect, thank you! I'll give it to her dog too, she'll never forgive him
>>
File: tavernscene.png (463KB, 854x500px) Image search: [Google]
tavernscene.png
463KB, 854x500px
What would be a good class for a bar wench/tavernkeeper?
>>
>>49910169
Explosives are pushing it if you are gonna be a fighter. Then you'd get all the benefits of being a battlemaster and also the upsides of being an alchemist or wizard.

Talk to your DM and maybe explosive bolts are a skill you'd get later down the road in exchange for giving up some fighter perks?
>>
So currently I'm a low-level ranged Fighter that's more of a battle inventor than just an archer-

Anybody have favorite ye olde inventions/invention concepts? Or gnomish/fantasy inventions you love? I'm not pushing too hard on gunpowder since we're playing in Greyhawk, but it is on my long-term list for things.
>>
>>49910233
>it's effectively +4 on a crit
Explain
>>
>>49910894
Bard, honestly. See if you can convince your DM to let you make bardic inspiration shots or mugs of ale.
>>
>>49910800
>Nope! It's actually based off a series of prophecies written a long time before. Although I'll be arsed if I can remember what they were called, save that I believe the guy that wrote them was a monk in Candlekeep.
Nice, thank you, gives me a good place to start on my search!
>>
>>49910936
>Make a bard
>It's Lil' Jon

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS
>>
>>49910920
Auto-crossbow. No loading for x amount of bolts but then it takes a full turn (or two) to load.
>>
>>49910920
Hookshot
>>
What the fuck does League of Legends have to do with 5e besides being a bad game, you stupid nigger?
>>
>>49910920
If you've got a party rogue you could try out poison cartridges in his weapons.
>>
>>49910899
I mean I don't expect to be able to shoot a crossbow bolt that does 8d6 over a 20ft radius

It'd just be fun to be able to craft bolts and shit. But like I said, I think for the most part I'm just gonna flavor manuevers as bolts.

Trip attack is a Bola bolt, Precision attack is a finned bolt, goading attack is like a bolt with a hook on it or some shit or explodes into some kinda powder fuck if I know

5e has like, nothing for crafting rules
>>
>>49911039

what
>>
>>49911084
The op image is a league of legends character.
>>
>>49910169
Make sure the tools you take are Tinker's Tools, as they're the easiest to justify making odd inventions.

You'll have to spend gold on gathering materials, but at a certain level it should be a pretty irrelevant expenditure, especially if you make good contacts with local smithies and such.
>>
>>49911084
The op is a picture from league of legends.

>>49911039
Who the fuck cares about pictures you obnoxious faggot. Dota is the superior game, but Leblanc is my waifu, and one of the few fun champs riot came up with.
>>
Starting my first campaign ever. Here's what I have so far.

- Village, small, poor (think Midcopse, Blackbough), few visitors aside from traders buying meager goods
- Weather cool but no snow
- Main crop of berries, small apple orchard, well, six or so dwellings, failing/slow tavern/inn combo, storehouse with cellar, hidden chamber requiring minor arcane knowledge/incantation for entry (or other mystical know-how necessary), makeshift mercantile shop
- Imp/homonculus(?) trickster causing mischief: stealing pies (one of village's main income sources), freezing local herbalist's crops, cutting rope to the well (maybe underground lair/small cavern)
- Two PCs brought together: rogue saw/heard of potential reward for handling creature, warlock maybe looking to learn from village herbalist or just wandering?
- If homonculus, possibly under order from young wizard/mage who has base/small keep/cave close to village; score to settle with town's mayor/head?
- Wolves near village; few deer to hunt, encroaching? Rogue potentially can set traps/snares
- Peasants fear bad omen/sorcery at work
- Slow nearly dry creek near village due to lack of rain, villagers dependant on well water

Rough ideas, still laying the groundwork.

What are some interesting ways an imp/trickster could torment a poor village? Not looking for things like killing villagers, just antics that could potentially mess with a village's livelihood and being a general annoyance.
>>
>>49911146
Trickster has been impersonating local villagers, particularly tradesman, that caused a lot of social tension and upset about deals and interactions until one of them saw themselves walking in town and figured something fishy was up.
>>
>>49910894
barbarian
>>
>>49911146

Aside from the things you mentioned, an imp could steal items and place them inside other villagers' homes, creating distrust that way. It might also free cattle or plant its venom inside the aforementioned well.
>>
Anons? In a party of three going for the iconic Fighter/Mage/Thief set-up of classes, can Barbarian and Monk (Ninja) substitute for the Fighter and the Thief's roles under 5e mechanics?
>>
File: Nikolay.png (232KB, 687x894px) Image search: [Google]
Nikolay.png
232KB, 687x894px
What's the highest AC possible at level 1?
I saw posts explaining how to attain the highest AC at certain levels but i cannot remember the details and I am now discussing this with a player.
>>49908216
>and the extra action options from the DMG
What page is this on?
Sorry to ask but finding shit in the DMG is painful.
>>
>>49911193
He could also break into people's houses and eat off of their dishes, creating strife and distrust between roommates or families. Marriages will be ruined over this.
>>
>>49911202
>What's the highest AC possible at level 1?
assuming just normal, no buff ac, with starting equipment only

fighter, chainmail and shield with the Defense fighting style. 19 ac right there
>>
>>49910927
1d8 longbow
1d12 heavy crossbow

+2 difference

on a crit
2d8 longbow
2d12 heavy crossbow
>>
>>49911197

Barbarian, yes. Thief, somewhat; a shadow monk is much better at sheer sneaking around/combat in dark places than a rogue is, but shit like disarming traps, sleight of hand, or even being generally good at many skills is something rogues will still be better at.
>>
>>49911236
achtually heavy crossbow is 1d10
>>
Imps can shapeshift and transform. They could pull off a pretty classical haunting.

And as a piece of general advice, don't bother planning out what your party can do in situations. Instead, run every scenario through the platonic party test. Imagine a rogue, a wizard, a cleric, and a fighter together. Imagine how they would solve the scenario. Then if you think they have it too easy, complicate the default methods they would use. Then if it's still too easy, complicate the secondary methods they would use.

Some scenarios should be easy, and have no complications for a platonic party. Some should have lots. Vary things up. But don't try to tailor problems to the party you have. In my experience, that makes things either too hard for them or too easy.
>>
>>49911231
I should have also said, this is assuming stats are also normal and not something retarded like a monk or barbarian with 20 dex 20 wis/con
>>
>>49911257
For>>49911146
>>
>>49911255
Isn't Sleight of Hand basically just a Dex check in 5e now?

Liewise, doesn't Disarm Traps basically call for an Int or Wis check?
>>
>>49911236
I see, thought you were still talking about to-hit bonuses. Pardon my autism.
>>
>>49911267
>>49911231
What about at higher levels?
Like level 3 and 5
>>
>>49911285
You only get your proficiency bonus if you are proficient in the skills. Rogues will generally get double proficient bonus, and later, have a minimum roll of ten. They make much better skill based classes than monks.
>>
>>49911296
It's hard to say without knowing specifics.

monk, barbarian could have fucking 20 AC at level 1 if they have 20 dex 20 wis/con, but that's completely absurd.

We also have to say whether or not we're counting for spells or effects or anything but standard, no bonus, just what you're wearing AC.

Also, we'd have to talk about equipment. Maybe a Fighter at level 5 has plate armor, a shield, and defense.

Too many variables and ultimately there's no real point to discussing this
>>
>>49911296
Assuming plate and shield, and Defense fighting style, 21 AC pre-magic.
>>
>>49911311
I see. Thank you for the explanation. Is there any class that can reasonably substitute for a rogue as a trap-finder type character, or is the original without acceptable substitutes, in this case?
>>
>>49911343
Anon specified standard array/point-buy. No level 1 roll BS.
>>
>>49910894
Monk, so everybody can be Kung Fu fighting
>>
>>49911361
Lore Bards are skilled out the ass.
>>
>>49911361
Lore bards.
>>
>>49909975
Why not Hunter Ranger with a heavy crossbow, couple of healing spells and hunters mark?
>>
Our DM for an upcoming campaign says she has a strict 60 second limit on turns in combat. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but also not what I'm used to. Anyone have experience/strong opinions?
>>
File: 1425128974114-2.jpg (137KB, 900x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1425128974114-2.jpg
137KB, 900x1056px
>>49911365
I didn't specify actually but yeah let's go with standard array/point buy, guess the highest score after racials would be a 17?
>>49911343
Let's say no spells, no magic items, anything from the equipment list from the PHB is fair game.
>>
>>49911361
Pact of the Chad, fiend locks
>>
>>49911427
Ok also assuming single-classing, no multiclassing? and at what level?

are we going to factor in feats that could bump ac or perhaps something like a battle master maneuver that could bump ac? No spells and no equipment does not mean no feats or abilities
>>
I don't see the greenflame blade people keep gushing about in PHB, what's it from?
>>
>>49911426
sounds like she's probably a control freak or very anal

>>49911468
SCAG, it's in the mega
>>
File: 1425338230913-3.jpg (202KB, 1024x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1425338230913-3.jpg
202KB, 1024x1362px
>>49911453
Alright
Multiclassing allowed
Feats too (incluiding those form the UA)
Levels: 1, 3, 5 and 10 since I doubt I would ever play anything going higher than that
>perhaps something like a battle master maneuver that could bump ac
I guess class abilities that can temporary up ac are alright as long as it is not spells.
>>
>>49911170
>>49911193
>>49911217
>>49911257
>>49911271
Really appreciate the suggestions! Thanks, guys. Just starting out so I'm learning the ropes.
>>
File: 1390885134447.jpg (42KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1390885134447.jpg
42KB, 276x268px
How does one politely explain to a DM that being level 1 is fucking terrible and that reaching level 2 should not be a 3 session long experience?
>>
>>49911517
Ok, well in that case,

I dunno
>>
File: 1425128225692-1.jpg (149KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1425128225692-1.jpg
149KB, 600x800px
>>49911426
Is this an online game?
Because If so I can understand
I started using a 90 seconds limit on turns last game, it worked well but I also gave people who were clearly about to do something some extra time.
>>
>>49911426
She's more generous than me. 30 seconds or you're dropped to the bottom of initiative for the round. If you can't figure it out on your second chance, I skip over you, as your character becomes paralyzed from indecision.
>>
>>49911479
>control freak
No, definitely not. In fact, kind of having the opposite problem.
>which pantheon are we using?
>>Meh. Whichever. All of them.

>can I use this homebrew?
>>sure!
>... you didn't even look at it

>>49911533
No, in person
>>
>>49911479
I wish I had a qt DM that loved anal
>>
>>49911531
"DM, levels do not take this long"
>>
>>49911531
By leaving. There are plenty of fish in the sea, anon.
>>
>>49911531
Quit the campaign

If I even make my players start at level 1 it's because one or more of them are new and don't know enough to be dropped in at level 3.

first session should end with them hitting level 2, second session probably shouldn't get them right to 3 but the third session definitely should

>>49911546
That sounds like fun
>>
>>49911427
Yep, 17 is the highest possible ability score at level 1.

With starting equipment the best AC you get is 19 as a Fighter (chain mail, shield, Defense Fighting Style).

At 3rd level and beyond, when you start getting better armour, you wind up with 20 AC (splint armour, shield, DFS) or 21 AC (plate, shield, DFS).
>>
>>49911426
I feel like you should have your decision on what you are doing on your turn ready to go anyway, but putting a time limit on it seems kind of arbitrary. If a player is holding up the game you have to explain that to them.

5e keeps things flowing pretty well on its own. But on the other hand it probably won't affect anything.
>>
>>49908159
Hey 5eg, a family friend's 8 year old wants to play D&D after seeing a video about Vin Diesel. How decent would 5e be? Anything I should file away to keep it simple for him?

Never played the system but I can't imagine it'll be too hard after 3.5 to learn.
>>
>>49911749
The system would probably get in the way. Just give him some dice and say the higher he rolls, the better he does.
>>
>>49911785
The concept of modifiers is well within the intellectual grasp of an 8 year old.
>>
>>49911749
The big thing is the organization of his character sheet. An 8-year-old should be able to handle (most) of 5e's math decently.

But a char sheet that has, say, skills right next to their modifier, weapons, etc, would be really good. My experience with kids is they have trouble navigating tables and all that.
>>
>>49911749
If he plays something like a fighter or barbarian, it's really easy to learn.
>>
>>49911826
I've got an alternate sheet that does this.
>>
>>49911285

Sleight of hand is its own skill just fine; disarm traps, as with unlocking doors, is thieves' tools. Both require proficiencies rogues have better access to.
>>
>>49908428
>'I pulled a dagger out of my hat, now stand there awe-stricken while I throw it at you.
what's iaido?
>>
>>49910920
It's a metal cube that you get into with holes on the side for spearing and breathing
>>
>>49911930
Care to share?
>>
>>49911531
How the fuck has it taken 3 sessions?
>>
>>49911983
I'll check the trove first to see if it isn't there, but I'll get back home to my PC to share it
>>
>>49910817
>If the sorcerer doesn't raise Dexterity (and why should they?)
Because they don't want to die?
>>
>finish a campaign at level 10
>starting a new one
>player wants to play as same char just reset to beginning
>player never roleplays

y do this
>>
>>49912224
Maybe he just doesn't know how. Try offering him some inspiration or places to get started. Is everyone else in character?
>>
>>49912244
My main concern is why they want to literally play the same char again

It makes no sense and would just be jarring
>>
>>49912224
Player probably doesn't really care about D&D then, if he doesn't RP and just plays the same character

probably just a board game to him
>>
How would a paladin handle being told one of his companions is pinging as "extremely fucking evil" on his radar?

Basically happened to me in a one shot with some guys I don't know, DM said okay to letting me roll a pally and the friend of the DM is apparently a warlock who sold his soul and had it replaced with something horribly evil.

I more or less said I'd keep an eye on him and covered him in holy items.
>>
Has anybody actually used those rules for large scale combat in a game? I'm debating if I wanna try it for a battle my players are gonna be in.
>>
>>49912796
I didn't even know they had rules for those, mind sharing what they are so I don't have to go searching through the dmg?
>>
>>49912769
Well, your Divine Sense, nor Detect Evil and Good, can tell you the alignment of something or how 'evil' it is. It can tell you if they're an undead or a devil.
You should keep careful watch on him to make sure he's not doing things that you'd need to punish him for. Hopefully the GM knows what he's doing and has a plan to facilitate fun and interesting interactions and didn't just let you guys run "I'll lose my powers if I'm not Dredd" and "I need to finish my weekly baby sacrifice or I don't get allowance"
>>
>>49912806
It's a UA http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-when-armies-clash
>>
>>49912827
I want to run a campaign where demon managers portal in from hell to berate the warlock on his baby sacrifice numbers and how he doesn't really get the "corporate culture" they're going for.
>>
>>49912875
That sounds absolutely complicated.
>>
What would be your honest opinion of 5e be after running and playing the system?

Is it everything the system it promised itself to be?
>>
>>49911749
>>49911826
>>49911983

Here it is anon, hope you see it.

There's something wrong with the boxes for Investigation and Medicine though, if you select one it auto-selects the other and I can't figure out how to stop it. I suggest just printing it out blank and filling it in with a pencil by hand, it'll also help to physically show the kid what's important on the sheet.
>>
Do bear get disadvantage to attack underwater?

The rule specific "weapon attack", which I don't think bear claw count as one. But I don't want to argue with my DM during session.

Any sageadvice or rule that help clarify whether a creature attack count as "weapon attack" of not?
>>
Does anyone have a Pathfinder Conversion Guide?
>>
>>49913249
yes
>>
>>49913174
Better non combat than 4e, the combat is a little less intuitive and customizable but then 4e started getting silly hard/long past level 8.

If you want to make a shadow monk who lived in a isolated village from birth and is just now setting out on his adventure from level 1, play 4e.

If you want to make a rogue with few frills, and add the frills on him as you play, play 5e.

If you want to make an unstoppable killing machine who can combo down a lich from level 2, play 3.5.

If you want to play 3.5 with actual attempts at balance, play pf.
>>
File: bait mimic.png (210KB, 579x399px) Image search: [Google]
bait mimic.png
210KB, 579x399px
>>49913330
>If you want to play 3.5 with actual attempts at balance, play pf
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 410x500px
I recently got back into DnD, mostly playing adventurers league games at a local comic book store.

I'm having a ton of fun playing a rogue, but while shopping for minis, I saw this dude, and it really made me want to roll a necromancer.

From what I understand, playing a necromancer is difficult, but doable, but I wanna throw out some vampirism into the mix. I want to role play as a vampire who raises undead skeletons to fight for him. I don't want to be outright evil or anything, I usually like playing chaotic good characters, but I doubt I can justify playing a chaotic good vampire.

What do you guys think? Can I make the vampire thing work, or just drop it?
>>
>>49913330
PF is even more horrifyingly unbalanced them 3.5e. Stop being fucking retarded.
>>
>>49913386
Necromancer is kind of boring to be honest Anon.

Your skellingtons can do damage sure, but they're really super boring to play and make a round last forever. Trust me when I say I totally get the urge but having done it myself in a small group it usually adds more problems than it's worth.

Plus at high levels your army of 15 skeletons with heavy crossbows won't do dick against a boss with immunity to non magic weapons.
>>
>>49913386
I mean vampires aren't necessarily evil but really that's more up to your GM and whether they are willing to make you a vampire template.
>>
>>49913194
I'm not the 8 year old kid guy but my players have the mental faculties of an 8 year old so this will help

>>49913249
Natural Weapons friend
>>
>>49913330
>If you want to make a shadow monk who lived in a isolated village from birth and is just now setting out on his adventure from level 1, play 4e.

I never understood why people assume this is the level of depth that you can RPing in 4th Ed, You guys need to play some LotFP.
>>
>>49913448
I will say that sheet is organized marvelously.
>>
>>49913448
What about unarmed strike? They don't count as weapon.
>>
>>49913477
I meant more so that if you want to make a character who's powers outright reflect an incredibly specific background theme, and know exactly how many orcs you can hit with your shadow punch daily, 4e is the best bet.

5e is more so for basic no frills combat and theater of the mind.
>>
If I snap off a creature who's resistant to non magical attacks' arms, and beat him with it, does it count as a magic weapon?
>>
>>49913498
I think you should use common sense.

Have you thrown a punch under water? If you have, you'll know the answer to whether or not you have Disadvantage on attacks while underwater.

>>49913496
five sessions in and people still ask me what they need to roll for X skill
>>
>>49913386
>vampire

do fuck off
>>
>>49913516
No.
>>
>>49913386
>I want to be both a vampire AND a necromancer

you just tripped two red flags for 99% of GMs
>>
>>49913424
I'll take your word for it.

>>49913441
I put more thought into the vampire thing, and it's more trouble than it's worth. I don't want to annoy the people I'm playing with, and a vampire is probably the ultimate Mary Sue.

>>49913533
:^)
>>
>>49913540

What if a creature is able to affect creatures with non-magical-attack resistance, and I punch out its teeth and strap them onto my gauntlets?
>>
>>49913540
What if I beat him with the party wizard.
Wizards=magic
Therefore improvised wizard=magic weapons
>>
>>49913503
Understandable.
>>
>>49913522
I'm so sorry for you. I'm lucky my players started via trial by fire. I.E. Chronicles of Darkness, Star Wars FFG, Rouge Trader.
>>
>>49913578
>>49913597
what if you shut up
>>
>>49908159
To the Horde of the Dragon Queen anon - Rezmir is a chick.
>>
>looking for a game on roll20
>90% of listings have 6+ players

do people really enjoy groups that big? My group is 5, including me the GM, and with just 4 players it's hectic with people talking over eachother and shit
>>
>>49913571
Yeah usually I always recommend people use Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy as a reference for a good vampire character if they want to play as a vampire.

"I am but a humble Barber-Surgeon."
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Can't decide between druid or monk as my next character. What do you guys enjoy? I either want to punch people super good, or focus on shapeshifting as a druid
>>
>>49912796
I did, it was fairly simple. I gave players control of groups of units, I did initiative by companies of units (by setting the color of the units in roll20) for the sake of sanity.
>>
>>49913781
>What do you guys enjoy?
I don't think a completely subjective question will help you make your decision, but I enjoy bladelocks.
>>
>>49913781
I would say it depends on the rest of your party if you can't make up your mind.

If I was going to make a really, really blanket statement, if your party has less damage, go monk, if they have less utility, go druid
>>
Is it just me or is there no reason to take a Sorcerer above level 17? You already have all the spell slots you're going to get, may as well dip into lock for some eldritch blasts.
>>
>>49913825
Did you use a token for each soldier or just one for a company? I want it to feel large scale but the map would probably be a clusterfuck.
>>
>>49913878
You'd be missing out on your 18th level origin feature, an ASI, a bonus level 6 and 7 spell slot, and Sorcerous recovery. If you're gonna lose out on the ASI by multiclassing, and all you want is eldritch blast, may as well just keep going and grab magic initiate: warlock.
>>
>>49908159
How do you guys handle PvP?

I'm about 90% sure there's going to be a throwdown between my paladin and my friend's paladin soon, but this is only our DM's second campaign and he told me he's not sure how to handle it if it does come to blows, and I'm not finding much on google.
>>
In a world without feats, isn't a Warlock a far better ranged attacker than pretty much any other Archer?
>>
>>49913927
In a world without feets no one would be able to walk around Anon.
>>
>>49913923
I'd use a "any attack you declare as nonlethal, stops just short of putting them into death saves" rule.
>>
>>49913571
If you really want to mary sue it up, do it within the rules in the phb.

I had a girl in my group get super clever once. She wanted to roll a werewolf, so she multiclassed monk and barbarian. Her "wolf" form was just her popping rage, and it behaved exactly the same as far as the game was concerned.

Worked fine, didn't break the game. She did beat the shit out of some of my bosses though. Rage + Martial arts is hilarious.
>>
>>49913965
I think the DM is willing to let us kill each other and we've both had extra characters rolled up from the start that we'd be happy to use.

I think the question was more related to how abilities work on other players. Do they just count as if they were NPCs controlled by the players? How can other party members interact with them, if at all, during the fight?

None of us are very experience with 5e, we're only level 5 and only about two months into the campaign.
>>
>>49914030
I'd say beforehand agree that any "take control of another character" spells like command give control over to the DM, who should stay impartial. Other type of spells just work like they do on npcs.
>>
>>49914030
>>49914059
Unless the spell is fear or charm that defeats the purpose. PvP kinda falls apart when mind-affecting spells get involved.

Outside of that everything works normally, though the game isn't balanced for PvP, hence the mind-affecting thing.
>>
>>49914059
>>49914087
Eh, if it sounds like an issue you guys are paladins, just say it's an honorable fight. No magical tricks.
>>
>>49913522
And by common sense, biting underwater wouldn't impose disadvantage. Quite a few land animals are able to hunt underwater, especially bear.
>>
>>49914059
>>49914087
It should be fine then since we're both paladins. The only real spell effects we'd be throwing at each other would be smites, and I guess it's up to the DM whether or not those would work.
>>
>>49914154
>and I guess it's up to the DM whether or not those would work.

?

Divine Smite isn't Smite Evil from past editions. It works on anything not immune to radiant
>>
>>49914154
Your gods want you to fight honorably and do what you think is best so there would be no reason why the smites wouldn't work unless one of you is horribly misguided.
>>
>>49914163
>Divine Smite isn't Smite Evil
You're right, I forget that sometimes.

Nevermind then. Thanks anons.
>>
Can I pick your brains regarding a homebrew I'm working on?

Druid Circle: Circle of the Swarm
Swarm Shape: At level 2, you can transform into a swarm of creatures, rather than a single creature (swarm statistics are found in the monster manual). You must abide by all other rules for using wild shape. All beasts in your swarm must occupy the same space, as noted in the swarm's monster manual entry. While in swarm form, you can pass through a space half your size without squeezing.

Hive mind: At level 2, you can form a hive mind with other creatures. During a short rest, you can forge a telepathic connection with a number of creatures equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 0); you do not count against this limit. Creatures in your hivemind can telepathically communicate with one-another if they are within 30 feet of each other. They do not have to share a language, but if they do not they must communicate using only simple concepts. This connection lasts until the next time you take a short rest. A creature is removed from the hivemind if it falls unconscious; if you fall unconscious, the hivemind collapses.

Pestilent Swarm: At level 6, your ability to become a swarm becomes stronger. Whenever you assume a swarm form, it's size increases by one category and it has maximum HP for it's hit dice. Additionally, your swarm's damage die increases by one step (d4 becomes d6, d6 becomes d8).

Twin Swarm: At level 10, you can split your body even further. When you assume a swarm form, you can instead become two swarms. If you do, they do not benefit from your Pestilent Swarm ability. Each swarm moves independently, but they share actions, bonus actions, reactions, and hit points. When you return to human form, you can occupy either swarm's space. The swarms must remain within 30' of each other - if one is forcibly moved beyond that distance, it dissipates and you lose half of the temporary HP granted by your swarm form.

Continued in next post.
>>
>>49914403
Apocalyptic Swarm: At level 14, your swarm shape is the stuff of nightmares. Any of your swarm forms deal damage as a 5th-level insect plague spell (including the constitution save when they enter or end their turn in the swarm's space). Additionally, your space is considered lightly obscured for any effect that relies on sight.
>>
>>49914403

>Hive mind
>Imagining your character trying to sleep before the crazy fucking druid starts pressing her face to your tent
>Yelling about how she wants to become one
>Dick in crazy, etc
>>
>>49914403
>>49914434
Remove the line about squeezing in the Swarm shape ability, it's redundant with the swarm feature of all relevant creatures.

>>49914454
>expecting the unhinged bug lady to not be crazy AF
>>
5eg, tell me what you'd do

>join a SKT campaign on Roll20
>apparently a player had dropped out and they needed another, the group had already done four sessions and were level 3
>my first session goes fine but the GM is pretty boring, one of the players was an asshole and got super confrontational with my PC for no reason, one other player was an hour late and the other two were fine
>feel like I missed a lot because I really have no context for whats going on, all I know is that they rescued some town and aligned themselves with the fucking Zhentarim (I should say that everyone in the party is some form of Good or Lawful alignment, including a LG Devotion Paladin)
>this was two weeks ago, we've missed both sessions since because two or more people always can't make it

So I'm considering dropping out of the campaign. I know SKT is a solid campaign and frankly, I don't wanna ruin my experience with it.

I wanna drop out and join a different group. Is this really shitty of me or what?
>>
>>49909347

So Rogues / Fighters / Paladins have advantage on saving throws.
>>
>>49914532
If they miss again then quit, if not give it another go before you decide. If the guy who was being a dick is good aligned he might just be reaching for character development through party conflict. I'm thinking this mostly because you described the dm as boring.
>>
>>49908637
The questgiver for the very first mission went missing at the end of it.

6-8 sessions later they find a note on an assasain from him that theyre trying to steal the macguffin. With tips on how to take down the party from that guy.
Now all they want to do is hunt him down
>>
>>49914580
Another problem is that they moved the scheduled time up, now it's a bit of an inconvenience for me to make

I dunno guess I just want to start SKT from the beginning you know? They never said I was joining an in-progress game, they just said they needed a player
>>
>>49914601
Can't just read it? Honestly the early levels are the most boring part of 5e for me so I'd consider it a plus.
>>
>>49913304
Yeah, it's pretty easy. Just take your character, put it in the garbage with the rest of PF, and pick a race and class from the PHB or other sources your DM will allow.
>>
>>49913685
If you try playing with people who know how to wait their turn, you might have a better time. But hey, sometimes autistic 9 year olds need a game too.
>>
>>49914796
I mean I'd like to get some of the more asian inspired classes/races but I figured me trying to convert them to pathfinder would be easier than making new ones.
>>
Do fireball and firebolt work underwater? I read it somewhere that magical fire work without problem (and magical lightning doesn't do e tra damage).
>>
>>49914844
You knew how race work in 5e? Fluff.
Not everything need a mechanic behind it.

Kitsune can be just human or wood elf with different fluff.
>>
>>49914986
You seem to have answered your own question.
>>
>>49914986
The RAW of it is that creatures that are completely underwater are resistant to fire damage. Outside of that, whether it has distant penalties, disadvantage to hit, or whether it can be cast at all due to its verbal components is up to the DM.
>>
>>49915023
I'm not sure where I read that though. GM probably want me to show the source.
>>
Halfling divination wizard with lucky feat. Will it be fun? Would it actually work?
>>
>>49915069
It's a wizard, so yes, it will work. You can't even fuck up a halforc evoker wizard assuming you don't make some real rookie level mistakes.
>>
>>49915069
>Will it be fun?
Not if you base it solely on having the Luck. But you can definitely store yourself some good rolls for emergencies.

Pretty much any wizard works.
>>
File: sneaky pebbles.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky pebbles.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>49915069
>would the best class/archetype in the game work
>>
>>49914844
>>49915000
Class, just fluff it. Samurai is a battlemaster fighter you ARE focusing on archery and polearms like a proper samurai, right?, ninja is a shadow monk, shugenja is a claric, wu jen is a wizard.

Race . . . well most of the 5e races can be refluffed, but if you really need to be unique, I made a thing a while back. I THINK it's balanced, but obviously ask your DM. Hengeyokai race, based on the actual myth rather than PF's 'kitsune are totally furries' interpretation. http://pastebin.com/uHKAVsRp
>>
>>49914844
>more asian inspired classes/races

what does that even mean, you fucking weeb?

You want a Samurai? Make a fighter. Make sure to fluff your longsword as a katana that's actually only any good for killing peasants in cloth

Want a ninja? make a shadow monk.
>>
So the undying patron is a powerful otherwordly entity that was once mortal and gained immortality. This could be any powerful undead like a vampire lord or an immortal hero, but all the examples listed are liches. Does this mean that only liches can be undying patron?
>>
I'm going to include firearms as a relatively common weapon in my homebrew world, but I'm not liking what I see around in terms of rules for them.
Since the DMG's rules are directly going to render crossbows useless (pistols are basically hand crossbows that deal 1d10, and muskets are crossbows bumped a die up), and Matt Mercer's firearms are kind of against 5e's design (spending an action reloading is a 3e thing) and somewhat underpowered; I think I'm going to do my own. How's this:

Treat holdouts, pistols, muskets as hand, light, and heavy crossbows. Whoever has proficiency in the equivalent crossbow has proficiency in the firearm. Add a blunderbuss with extremely short range (20'/40'?)
Firearm expert feat as crossbow expert.
Add a misfire chance on a nat 1-2-3 depending on the gun. Add bombs (I'm not so concerned about their balance since they're one-use items like alchemist fire and the like).

I'll probably be tweaking Matt Mercer's Gunslinger. Any tips? I'll probably give them Firearm Expert at 3rd level. The first thing I'll have to change is
>Lightning Reload
>Starting at 15th level you can reload any firearm as a bonus action.
What can I do instead of that? Perhaps a Deadeye-like feature that lets you spend Grit to study a series of targets and then later gain attacks per bonus action (1 grit per attack) against them?
>>
>>49915490
Nope. It's fluff. as long as it's a) powerful, b) undead, and c) willing to grant power for services rendered, it's an undying patron. Liches, vampires, a bastardization of the vestige pact from 4e (and by extension 3.5's binder), whatever.
>>
>>49915222
Illusionist is better at higher levels.
>>
>>49915490
>>49915569
this is the one thing i dislike about warlock
theoretically you can pick anything you want that fits your patron
but you either A. pick an obvious thing, a big bad named demon that wouldn't give a fuck about a level 1 lock
or B. make up your own lesser option, giving a name to a shitty OC hag or the like
>>
>>49915627
>A. pick an obvious thing, a big bad named demon that wouldn't give a fuck about a level 1 lock
Asmodeus and other devils love making contracts with mortals. Fey dio it for shits and giggles. GOOs don't even realize what they're doing, typically. All of those are fine.
>B. make up your own lesser option, giving a name to a shitty OC hag or the like
If they're strong enough to make a pact and grant powers they're nearing demigod levels of power. It's not just any pissant hag, it's an elder crone who's lived for thousands of years or some shit.
>>
>>49915627
What's wrong with that?

What always put me off about warlock is that it's a great class for a level three chump who wants to gain some quick power, but it's a terrible one for a 20th-level demi-god, since his power is not at all his. If the demon/fey/GOO so decided, (or died) theoretically it could strip him of all his powers and he'd be back at level one.
>>
>>49915645
I know it's been a thing for a while but I just don't think a Warlock is a very good PC class as a concept

never have, honestly. Great for an evil dude or cultist or something.
>>
>>49915666
> not making a pact with ancient power behind the of evolution of humanity

Do you even getter ray
>>
>>49915641
well i guess hag is a bad example since they specifically say ancient, and that implies the higher cr ones
but it also does say than an ultraloth can be your patron, and that fuckers cr13. you could 1v1 your boss and curbstomp him to lose all your power in >>49915645's example
>>
File: 1450135871386.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1450135871386.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>GM makes us roll for stats
>>
>>49915645
Isn't that also apply to Cleric? And maybe Wizard who lost his spellbook?
>>
>>49915666
>not making a pact with a devil in a demon hunting campaign
>not making a pact with a seelie fey when the unseelies are sticking their dick into everything
>not making a pact with GOO A when his rival, GOO B, is stirring because the stars are right
They're good for antihero types depending on the campaign.

>>49915681
Actually, since there's no rule for losing your powers, it could be theorized that your gifts are permanent payment for services rendered, rather than a loan. But also as >>49915685 points out, it's probably a gameplay decision since even the devs realize 'you fucked up, enjoy your commoner with above average stats' isn't fun for anyone involved.
>>
>>49915681
Or you could seal him and continue to drain his power. Isn't some D&D video game warlock did this? He got powerful enough to beat devil that he seek more devil to seal and add to his power.
>>
File: Ethnic Cleansing.jpg (12KB, 255x256px) Image search: [Google]
Ethnic Cleansing.jpg
12KB, 255x256px
>>49915682
>in order
>>
>>49915685
>Wizard
No way, even if you lost your spellbook you keep your prepared spells. Also, all it takes is for you to find the spells again (or even research them?) to be at full capacity. You can copy them from your mind into your book too.

>Cleric
Yeah, kinda I guess. Depends on how your gods are handled. For example, in Eberron it's implied that divine magic is simply another way of manifesting magic, using your willpower. In another setting the gods may be "primal forces of nature" and there's no way to kill them or anything, and maybe they don't mingle much with mortal affairs so they wouldn't strip you of your powers unless you were being a total heretic. On settings where the gods can be killed... yeah, you're kinda fucked.
>>
File: 1474076652762.jpg (64KB, 579x506px) Image search: [Google]
1474076652762.jpg
64KB, 579x506px
>>49915682
>>49915696
>roll 11, 13, 7, 12, 14 , 9
>>
File: 1314510197975.jpg (76KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
1314510197975.jpg
76KB, 700x511px
I'm new to DnD.
So my DM is apparently the type provides bonuses to rolls depending on the attack descriptions.

Fighter's Battlemaster looks fun as fuck with all the maneuvers but I also heard that non-magic classes suck mad dick in DnD.
Please give advice
>>
>>49915692
>Actually, since there's no rule for losing your powers, it could be theorized that your gifts are permanent payment for services rendered, rather than a loan
This is a great way to see it. In addition to working well with gameplay, it's awesome to be slowly "shifted" into a fey/old one/devil. You're gaining their powers because you're 'becoming' one.
>>
File: 580b25cbb43b8bed1d99b688f42684da.jpg (792KB, 2554x3500px) Image search: [Google]
580b25cbb43b8bed1d99b688f42684da.jpg
792KB, 2554x3500px
> theoretically it could strip him of all his powers and he'd be back at level one.
I think that depends on how your warlock got its powers. My warlock drank the blood of his vampire patron and his powers and her will are now infused him for as long as blood flows in his veins. He plans on killing his patron one day. Warlocks aren't clerics.
>>
>>49915702
And who are you to say that Warlock can't juat make a new pact with another being and return to his previous power level? All it would take is time and research to find such being too.
>>
>>49915685
theoretically a god could take away a clerics power, but they mention in the phb for cleric, its more of the characters willpower and devotion to their specific cause that is the source of their magic, than the actual praying, rites, and worship in a specific way

one could argue if working against a god you worship directly would remove your powers, that another god of similar domains would swoop in to have you as an acolyte
>>
>>49915714
Sucked mad dick. Past tense.

Go battlemaster and ask your DM if he ever played Exalted, since that has Stunt rules, where you're better at things the more dramatically you describe them.
>>
>>49915714
Go with Battlemaster, it's a load of fun. And balance is nowhere as bad as in older editions, so chances are you'll see no difference between you and a wizard if they aren't trying to minmax everything.

Also this is a role-playing game, being the best at combat shouldn't be a concern compared to having a cool character that you like
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 663x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 663x511px
>>49914009
This seems like tons of fun, I'm gonna steal it.
>>
>>49915714
5e is better than most other editions in that regard. The game's pretty balanced up until about level 15, when high-level spells start causing things to fall apart.

Stay away from Berserker Barbarian, Champion Fighter, Wot4E Monk, and the PHB Ranger, and you'll be fine. Battlemaster is good.
>>
>>49915724
Abd this couldn't apply to Warlock? How? Another being swoop in and give you a pavt.
>>
Guys whats up with roll20?

Looking for a game on there because I GM irl and wanna be a player for once,

sweet baby jesus some of those player applications.

Any of you ever find an actually good long term game on there?
>>
>>49915737
>Any of you ever find an actually good long term game on there?
I have, as a DM. I formed a group on there that's been going weekly for 16 months now, they're the best group and roleplayers I've ever had.

But all the games I joined as a player were awful. Then again, I DM so much that my standards are even higher than most, so it doesn't take much for me to think they're awful.
>>
>>49915745
Well the thing I'm concerned about is ending up a game with the guy whose rolling a demigod hunter (???) or a dragon knight they plucked right out of fucking dandwiki

Not desperate for a game so I guess I'll just bide my time until I find a good one.

Which will probably be awhile
>>
>>49915765
Go with mememaster and laugh at them
>>
>>49915737
I found one, what you need to do is use an alert program that searches roll20 based on criterion you think would make a good game. I would suggest looking for games with a player cap of 6 or less, with players that all have a minimum of 100 hours on roll20(which usually means the players either play a lot or were DM's) and that don't contain certain words like "homebrew setting" or whatever else you dislike. After that it's just discretion.
>>
I know it's supposedly a piece of junk, but can anyone help me get my hands on an elemental evil DM screen? I've tried so many different things and /tg/ seems like my best bet at this point.
>>
How long does it take to reload a crossbow?

I know, the reloading property says that you reload as part of your attack action, but what if you were to drop your crossbow and pick up another one to fire it? When you reloaded your first crossbow, what kind of action is it?
>>
How does this sound for a neat character concept?

>Argus Gemlock was once a powerful Sorcerer and mage of the highest honor in the Golden Ray, a band of heroes heralded throughout the land for stopping a demonic insurrection. Argus lost his life in the final battle against the demon king Beliard's forces and with the demonic taint of their enemies vile blood preventing his resurrection, Argus was declared dead and a casualty of war. Not able to leave his body and pass on due to the natural sealing of demon blood, Argus waited patiently until his flesh rotted and the last of the dark stains had left, releasing his soul and promptly triggering the resurrection.

>However Argus's body was much too decrepit to hold his soul once more and instead inhabited the nearest vessel that could hold him, a young farmhand that had drowned in the nearby river. Upon his revival Argus quickly came to realize that he could no longer feel the familiar hum of magic through his body. The source of his power, the blood he shared with his ancestors, had now been lost to the sands of time and would never be passed down. This was the first time Argus had truly cried.

>After wallowing in a mixture of self-pity, anger and alcohol for a couple days, he learned of an interesting tale from a bards tale. The legend of the Golden Ray. His legend. It had been 30 years since the party of adventurers had saved the realm and much had changed. Pulling himself from the pit of despair Argus spent the last of his coin on a large axe. In his previous body he'd of had no use for the tool and probably wouldn't have even been able to lift it but this new body was strong, much more fit for the blade than the book. If he was to make anything of himself now he would need to learn the ways of the warrior.

>With a week's worth of rations and an axe held shakily across his shoulder, Argus ventures into a both new and familiar world, seeking only to feel magic run through his veins once more.
>>
>>49915915
Doesn't switching weapons in combat count as an action anyway?
>>
>>49916059
I like it alot, if that was an application for a game I was running on roll20 I'd invite you

better have high int or cha and be proficient in arcana/history etc though
>>
>>49916064
Object interaction
RAW that might only cover sheathing and not taking the other out but my group plays fast and loose with stuff like that so I don't know
>>
>>49916089
He's the lvl 1 Fighter I'm going to be playing for the campaign my bud's starting next week.

>Party is mostly magic users
>Somehow no one is an int-based caster
>No one has Knowledge Arcana yet
>>
>>49916137
Well if everyone else is a caster you may feel left behind when you guys hit level 7+

going Eknight on that character could be really interesting, maybe he devotes himself to learning magic all over again the hard way since he lost his innate sorcerer magic

>Somehow no one is an int-based caster

well besides Eknight and arcane trickster there's just the one
>>
>>49916137
That's because there is only 1 int-based caster, while there are 3 cha-based caster.
>>
>>49916150
That's what I was planning. If we have any bit of a time skip you can bet your ass thats what he's doing.

Right, right. I forgot about that. This is our first time playing 5e and I'm still getting unaccustomed to the massive amount of customization options PF has. Not a riff on 5e at all, just a result of pf's longer runtime.
>>
Is ritual casting supposed to be 10 minutes longer, not 10 times as long?
>>
>>49916372
>10 hours to summon a familiar
JUST
>>
File: deadspace_300.jpg (51KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
deadspace_300.jpg
51KB, 300x455px
Question for encounter building. What kind of cool shit can I do with the party crossing the aftermath of a battlefield?

I've already got a necromancer dicking around the area, and a revenant on the trail of the party's rogue, but I've already used the "metric fuckton of undead" encounter. I need some other external pressure on the field to make that revenant a little more threatening.
>>
>>49916372
Why would anyone think it's 10 time longer??
>>
>>49915696
I actually like this.

It means that you have to make a character to fit what you've been given.

It pulls one out of the 'you can never dump these stats, these stats are dump stats, now you can go be anything' line of thinking.

Sometimes, I want somebody to give me suggestions of what to play than to tell me 'be everything', and I want to play a perhaps suboptimal character.

You'll never normally see a low-con 'in the throes of a fatal illness' sort of character. You'll never normally see a 'stupidly clumsy' sort of character. You'll never normally see an intelligent barbarian.

If we're rolling for stats, rolling for stats in order is better I feel.
>>
>>49916410
I'd love that.
Fuck familiar spam.
>>
>>49916410
Why not, not a spell you cast very often.

>>49916419
So it fits the spell, rather than just being +10 minutes for instant spells or hour long rituals. It's weird.
>>
File: man-vs-bear.jpg (30KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
man-vs-bear.jpg
30KB, 500x335px
First time DM here, running phandelver with some other noobs. Party of 5 level 3's. Venomfang was able to convince the party to fight Reidoth. I want him to be as big a pain as fighting Venomfang would have been so cr 8 I guess. How strong should I make him? I'm thinking a level 2 moon druid so they have to fight him in stages, brown bear and then caster or viceversa and then have him bring out a few more bears for them to fight or maybe have him control a horde of blights... This is my first time really deviating from the module so I dont really know where to go. I dont want it to be over kill but I definitly want to punish them for letting them be tricked by a green dragon...
>>
4e was pretty good
>>
>spend 100€ into buying starter set, PHB, MM and DM Screen
>spend the last 5 months homebrewing a whole world for the first time while both dming and playing for the first time any kind of tabletop
>campaign goes fairly well, everyone having decent fun, trying to make everyone happy
>dwarf pc's player calls her gf on the phone while we are doing another session with other people, keeps her on the phone for fucking 40 minutes while we have a set number of hours before everyone has to go
>me and my gf kinda get mad/annoyed because we the person we were playing with lives far aways from here and we were trying to show her how to play
>we tell the gf to close the call
>the day after the fucking asshole calls her while she's out with us, screaming and yelling (for other personal reasons)
>i try to calm him and to not be rude
>he threats me to smash my head in the wall
>my gf gets in an argument with him obviously
>used to fucking drive about 10 km to pick him up
>he was trying hard to be my friend, even though i knew it wouldn't work out
>now i'm without a group to dm properly and i'm alone again

This is why i can't fucking deal with people.
>>
>>49916533
That sucks, but you know this is for talking about 5e and not your blog, right?. Find a new group, it happens.
>>
First ideas that hit me

Necrophages and carrion feeders have invested the area, eating bits and pieces off the corpses. Use them for small skrimishes to sloe the pcs down and weaken them a bit, maybe if one bites a pc they gotta make a save vs a disease

The corpses were all in pieces due to this, and the necromancer who was fucking around accidently animated everything, fucking everything. So as the pcs run through the area there is like crawling hands and shit grabbing at them

Ghosts of the fallen soldiers still fighting each other eternally due to magic bullshit

Also incorporate some other enviromental thing, like smell. The deeper through the field of corpses they go the worse the corpse stench becomes, maybe they gotta make con checks to stomach it.

All that combined with a revenant hunting them (for what reason?) Should be a solid encounter.
>>
>>49916463
You are a terrible person

Thats fine i guess if youre doing a one shot or a meatgrinder, but if im making a character for a real campaign I'm playing what I wanna play.
>>
>>49916571
For>>49916413
>>
>>49916475
Enjoy people spamming detect magic and trivialize everything you planned for. It's like 3.pf over again.
>>
True strike is now a scagesque cantrip that immediately let's you make one melee weapon attack with advantage, scaling to add 1d8 damage of same type at 5th ect.
>>
>>49908159
what is the most interesting character a girl has ever played with you
>>
>>49916571
Curse of strahd has rules for zombie arms, feet, severed heads ect. Check it out.
>>
File: uuuu.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>49916571
>crawling hands and con saves
Never occured to me. Brilliant.

>accidentally animated fucking everything
>accidentally

The reason for the revenant was because I was essentially designing adversaries for each party, like a rival party, essentially, and the one I settled on for the rogue was his first professional kill who died and got mad as fuck.

>>49916587
>>
>>49909647

It's boring on purpose so that players who don't want to think as much or new players can play easily. Its boringness also makes it useful for game balance and comparison for design.
>>
>>49916413
A few ghouls scavenging bones hurriedly, but once the party approach a huge feral ghoul leaps out and is generally the alpha wendigo in the area.
>>
>>49916477
He casts conjure animals to summon wolves, then shifts into a wolf. Players cant tell the difference.
>>
>>49916599
Sneak Attack: The Cantrip
>>
>>49916533
Learn psychology so you can smell bad people from a mile away.

>>49916581
If you want your character to survive and be fun for the entire campaign, rolling for stats is never the way.

I feel a more haphazard experiences with randomized stats is more fun when you're looking for that sort of experience, though.
>>
Amaunator no longer exists. He "died" when Netheril fell and most of his worshippers were wiped out. The last vestiges of his powers were (ostensibly) reborn as Lathander, who has a completely different personality.

Amaunator was a NO FUN god of bureaucracy who obsessed over the placement of punctuation in text. Lathander cares about babies and working out and being happy and joyful. Amaunator didn't give a shit about any of that.

Whether or not Amaunator actually is Lathander is something that can be debated. It's believed by a lot of scholars in-universe that it happened that way, but it's also just as likely that Lathander was born out of whole cloth (as gods can be, since FR operates under consensus reality) through the belief of a bunch of misinformed people, or he was a completely separate and mostly powerless entity that stumbled upon some lost Amaunatorian domains and jacked them.
>>
>>49916879
???

Amaunator is back for quite awhile and he already reveal that Lathander was him. He even give Lathander Cleric their power.

Then stuff happen and Lathander is restore and separate from Amaunator.
>>
>>49902173
I did think about that but I'm not sure, Oath of Vengeance is not sufficiently... holy and pure.

They seem more like lone and grim avengers rather than basically a warrior nun that comes into a refugee camp, heals the wounded and teaches the children the values of sharing and loving before whipping the crowds into a genocidal rage against the orcs with her oratory and putting anyone speaking of peace to the sword.

>>49902174
>Paladin of the crown
What's that ? Which book is it from ?
>>
>>49917024
migrate your shitposts, memes, and unreasonable rules arguments over boys, new thread time.
>>
>>49917009
SCAG
>>
>>49916738
A-ha didn't think about arcane tricksters hmm.
>>
>>49913896
Sorry I went to sleep. I had a token per 10 units, then each company was about 5 tokens. That left about 20 tokens per side of units.
>>
>>49917515
Make it a bonus action to use, give advantageand +1 (scaling)
>>
>>49902157
Completely evil.

1. Oathbreakers.
2. Vengeance paladins can literally be 'Fuck you, elves'. They can even be chaotic evil, as long as they help the victims of their sworn enemy and fight their sworn enemy over what is considered 'lesser evils'.
3. Paladin of the Crown. Lawful evil all day.
4. Devotion Paladin - very similar to crown, can be taken to mean 'You can be lawful evil, as long as you're not some sort of murderhobo.'
5. Ancients Paladin. Probably the hardest to twist to evil, but can be done. Think 'hero obsessed with doing so much good that everybody sees them as an idol, when really they're actually a psychotic bitch that loves to slaughter anything he can justify killing'. Potential neutral evil, or an odd flavour of lawful evil or chaotic evil.

Vengeance is oddly slightly harder to skew the words of the oath on than anything but ancients, since it directly talks about 'greater/lesser evils' and 'misdeeds', but it can be done.

In terms of evil, 1. most evil 5. least evil:

1. Oathbreaker (I'd still view this as roughly neutral on average)
2. Vengeance (Roughly good-neutral on average)
3. Crown
4. Devotion
5. Ancients

In terms of lawfulness, 1. more lawful 5. chaotic:

1. Devotion.
2. Crown.
3. Ancients.
4. Vengeance.
5. Oathbreaker
>>
>>49916556
I just wante dot share a story jfc.
>>
>>49916741
i guess you're right
>>
>>49918102
Actually, just read up.

Crown is definitely more lawful than devotion.

I thought crown was 'I swear loyalty to a king', not 'I swear loyalty to the idea of civilization itself'.
>>
Bladesinger is reincarnated as, say, a Tiefling

Does she lose her Bladesinger trait due to no longer being an Elf, or does she keep them and become the firt in a line of rebellious non-Elves to use their powers?
>>
File: touchfluffy.png (539KB, 714x592px) Image search: [Google]
touchfluffy.png
539KB, 714x592px
>>49915000
>different fluff
>>
>>49918420
I've always viewed the restriction on bladesingers as Elf-only as a social constraint, so the reincarnated tiefling would still possess all the previous knowledge and skills that they learned before dying and reincarnating.

Some elves might not like it, however.
>>
Why did Tieflings become a core race but Aasimar didn't?
>>
>>49919259
So they can make dosh off of edgelords
Also, page 11, NEW THREAD NOW
>>
>>49919259
Tieflings are more interesting in the sense they often have glaring flaws, whereas Aasimar are more down the road to mary sueism.

.. More importantly they hadn't decided on a proper unique set of racial features, so they just shoved a meh-ish version into DMG.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.