[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me how the Grey Knights don't feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: GreyKnights.jpg (337KB, 1100x544px) Image search: [Google]
GreyKnights.jpg
337KB, 1100x544px
Can someone explain to me how the Grey Knights don't feel redundant at all? I mean we already got a super secretive chapter in the Dark Angels. Deathwatch are obviously space marine special forces. The Legion of the Damned have the mysterious cavalry vibe going for them, and even the Ultramarines for all their vanilla blandness do a better job of giving off the appearance of paladins.

And yeah I get that their specialty is in hunting Daemons and Chaos. But like you could apply that to any space marine chapter. The Grey Knights are just so boring and feel so pointless. So why do people like them?
>>
>>49907571
Slay thyself.
>>
>>49907571
Well, they're pretty old as far as minor factions go. I think their original fluff was in 2nd Edition? They've been doing what they're doing longer than a lot of the other groups you mentioned got that stuff as their shtick.

Also
>Ultramarines as Paladins

Nigga are you even trying?
>>
>>49907732
Point. I forgot about Templars, but you get what I'm saying right? So many other chapters do stuff better than the Grey Knights. They feel like such a needless faction of the Imperium.
>>
>>49907571
Ultramarines are not paladins, but they are the example of just being loyal and obedient
>>
>>49907571

They are for schmucks who don't think marines are OP enough in the fluff
>>
>>49907781
Exactly! That's still something they do better than the Grey Knights.
>>
>>49907571
Dark Angels' specialty isn't killing daemons, Deathwatch is specifically for killing xenos, the Legion of the Damned do not step on any of the Grey Knights' toes thematically, space marines aren't specialized in fighting daemons, the Grey Knights are The only all-psyker chapter, and the Black Templars fulfill the crusader theme, not the order of knights fighting against dark powers theme.
>>
>>49907874
This. Space Marines are already supposed to be the "best of the best", so naturally faggots want to be the "elite of the best of the best".
>>
>>49907571
>super secretive chapter in the Dark Angels
Dark Angels are "oh shit we fucked up and we need to keep secrets so it doesn't happen again" secretive while GK are more like some kind of CIA/FBI.

>Deathwatch are obviously space marine special forces.
For the Xenos. Deathwatch, GK, and Sisters are all special forces types and also CIA/FBI types due to their association with the Inquisition. Grey Knights came before the other two.

>The Legion of the Damned have the mysterious cavalry vibe going for them
Yeah, Legion Of The Damned are equivalents almost to The Green Knight from Arthurian legend where he just comes outta nowhere and helps out. Nothing to do with Grey Knights.

>Ultramarines for all their vanilla blandness do a better job of giving off the appearance of paladins
Nigger are you next level retarded? Ultras are Roman Empire soldiers with their Primarch being equivalent of a Roman Empire dictator (so like nice guy dictator). Nothing about them is like a Paladin at all.

>>49907777
Black Templars are, like their name suggests, the Knights Templar from the Crusades.

Grey Knights are literally CIA Paladins. How's that not original? And again, not like Knights Templar who are more medieval, but Paladins like fantasy Paladins (thus all of them being psykers because fantasy Paladins tend to have some sort of magical power, too). They are also unique in universe as in that they are all psykers and there's no other Chapter not even Blood Ravens with this many psykers. As a result, they are also presented as the best fighting force against Daemons and outer Chaos forces in general. No other Space Marine Chapter has been presented as having the tactics, psykers, gear, approach, and sheer loyalty as Grey Knights to do the job they do.

It's also why people hate them because their specific job as Daemonhunters often makes them fight the most powerful characters in 40k (Great Daemons/Daemon Princes.)
>>
File: 3905289-macewinduwallpaperv2.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3905289-macewinduwallpaperv2.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>49907571
eh the grey knights make sense but some of the lore is just fucked up and the models are even worse for example the dreadknight.

people keep telling me that they come from the emperors geneseed to which i say the emperor isnt a spacemarene or even a primarch he doesnt have the geneseed organ.
>>
>>49908047
I believe their books straight up say that they are made using the Emperor's geneseed.
>>
>>49907895
No no! I said Dark Angels do the "Secretive chapter" thing better than them. Not killing Daemons. Killing Daemons should be something all the chapters should be good at.
>>
>>49908092
As above anon stated, the Dark Angels arev secretive because they have skeletons in the closet. The Grey Knights are secret ( not secretive, they're flat out a hidden chapter) because they kill daemons which are also a secret hidden by the Inquisition.

And not all the chapters are good at killing daemons. They lack the weapons and abilities that make the Grey Knights so effective.
>>
>>49908081
For most of their existence it was "according to legend", but the BL novels and most recent codex seems to pretty much flat out state that they're made from Emperor genetics, and that's why their mere presence is toxic to daemons.
>>
>>49907571
>The Grey Knights are just so boring and feel so pointless.
Said no one ever.

OP is a GK fanboy looking for people to defend his favorite Space Marines. This is the equivalent of a girl telling people she's ugly so people will say she's not.
>>
>>49907571
>An army of Wizard Knights
I think you're missing the primary point. A Paladin is just a lame ass knight if he can't whip around holy magic while kicking daemon ass.
>>
>>49907571
>And yeah I get that their specialty is in hunting Daemons and Chaos. But like you could apply that to any space marine chapter.
Tell that to all those legions who turned to Chaos and all those chapters who've been destroyed by daemonic forces
>>
File: 1406363873931.png (243KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
1406363873931.png
243KB, 540x721px
>>49907571
>The only chapter to not have a single member fall to chaos
>pointless
>>
File: 1418021700255.png (20KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418021700255.png
20KB, 800x600px
>>49908081
>I believe their books straight up say that they are made using the Emperor's geneseed.

which is stupid the emprah was not a spess mahreen to have "geneseed"

>>49908213
ok thats shit lore, the grey knights were created during the heresy by malcador using loyal members of the traitor legions as the training carde, however the emp was very Very busy first with the human webway project and then stoppind terra from becoming a deamon world (fucking magnus) so where did he have time to whi up some new and improved mehreens?
>>
If they weren't there, would would smear themselves in the diced remains of sisters of battle?
>>
>>49908661
>Very busy first with the human webway project and then stoppind terra from becoming a deamon world (fucking magnus) so where did he have time to whi up some new and improved mehreens?
Probably the time he had before the Webway Project was thing and the Grey Knights were.
>>
>>49908661
Whether it's canon or not that the Knights Errant were just the overseers and the GKs actually DO have the Emp's gene-seed, I choose to ignore it.

I like imagining they tried to isolate a "loyalty gene" from the combined gene-seeds of the Knights Errant. I just find it too amusing to think the the GK's would have "traitor gene-seed" in them. That's why when I paint my Knights I always have fun with the skin tones. This guy's a little pallid, Death Guard's showing through, this guy looks like he could be Raven Guard - just a bit heavy on the Night Lord.
>>
>>49908047
they use Death Guard geneseed boi
>>
>>49908322
I don't agree with OP's opinion on GK, but all chapters have holy magic: the best Artefacts given by of the Holy Emperor of Man in one of His many sacred aspects, the Omnissiah. The technology they have is their holy magix.

Warp magic is everything BUT holy.
>>
>>49908728
Sauce.
>>
>>49907571
The idea of them being the "Anti-Daemon" Marines is solid. The rest of their fluff is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1423689923845.jpg (46KB, 500x341px)
1423689923845.jpg
46KB, 500x341px
>>49908706
thats the thing the grey knights were made by malcador during the heresy and serve the inquisition also made by malcador (with members of the traitor legions and some "inquisitive minds" from the adeptus terra added in) however the inquisition seems like it had been thrown together with what they had at the time (some proven marines, malcadors chosen few) and what mterials were available in the sol sytem.

>>49908714
>>49908728
i like to think so too, bear in mind all spess mehreen geneseed seems to boost psykers (see librarians v normal psykers) mix that with things normal humans think have anti deamon propertys (prayer and silver) and you have anti demon mehreens.

the thing about the warp is its natural state is an undisturbed pond, you add rocks(emotions) and get waves (warpstorms) you add a commonly believed thing to that and you get deamons or a change to all deamons so that they are deadly allergic to silver.
>>
File: LOTD.jpg (688KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
LOTD.jpg
688KB, 2560x1440px
>>49908310
Nah m8. I think you got that backwards. If anything I'm more of a LOTD/Deathwatch fanboy because their fluff doesn't make them out to be Mary Sues.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.