[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/STG/ Star Trek General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 59

File: Gilora_Rejal.jpg (12KB, 462x348px) Image search: [Google]
Gilora_Rejal.jpg
12KB, 462x348px
Tsundere Cardassian Waifu Edition.

Last Thread: >>49869071

A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include the rpgs by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe and WizKid's Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures and game, and Star Trek in general.

Game Resources

FASA's RPG
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9mt7sng56l8gg/Star_Trek_RPG_(FASA)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cwn8tbt2qm5t4/FASATREK_Adventures

Last Unicorn Game's RPG
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9eiysv2192ods/Star_Trek_RPG_(LUG)
-Official and Fanmade Resources
>http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/

Decipher's RPG
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c6tb7p6dp0pye/Star_Trek_RPG_(Decipher)
-Fan Supplements
>http://strpg.patrickgoodman.org

Far Trek
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lrhbz9l0qay0j/Far_Trek

Lasers & Feelings
>http://www.onesevendesign.com/laserfeelings/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Ex Astris Scientia - Fan analyses of ships, tech and continuity issues
>http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org

Daystrom Institute Technical Library - Database of ships and technology
>http://www.ditl.org

Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database - Ship schematics, deck plans and recognition manuals
>http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>http://www.startrekmap.com/index.html

Star Trek Cartography - Information and maps
>http://www.stdimension.org/int/
>>
>>49897628
In before she assures us she is quite fertile.
>>
Best edition.
>>
>>49897717
That'd be a con, not a pro, IMO. The best waifus are absolutely infertile, but still want to rail you all day erry day.
>>
>>49897739
What kind of cuck are you?
>>
>>49897739
>Just wants sex with out the risk of children
Its called contraceptives, in the future I imagine they work perfectly.
>>
File: 1395127805929.jpg (219KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1395127805929.jpg
219KB, 900x1200px
>watching "the final mission"
>keep expecting Picard to tell Wesley he's his real dad just like my memes
>>
File: 1476781187230.jpg (32KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
1476781187230.jpg
32KB, 480x432px
>>49897897
>>
>>49897897
Pretty sure the entire point of his sub-plot in Family was to dispense with the idea that Picard was his real dad. Would have been a bit much to have it be that way when TNG was made. Not these days though.
>>
File: tumblr_mvjmg5YVm51ruw1vso1_1280.jpg (46KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvjmg5YVm51ruw1vso1_1280.jpg
46KB, 768x1024px
>>49897946
Temporally Rekt.
How can one captain be so based.
>>
>>49897981
It's also bee suggested that his nephew was also secretly his kid ie: he banged his brothers wife.

Then again, French.
>>
File: 1452355495728.gif (580KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1452355495728.gif
580KB, 267x199px
>>49897946
>>
>>49898151
Isn't the single reason for that idea even being a thing due to the production guys just recasting the same actor in Family for Rascals but as Uncle and young Picard respectively?
e.g. it has absolutely no in-universe basis as it was literally just a casting decision?

Thinking all the mentions on Antares last thread, just got a sign for 'Cafeteria Antares' as a captcha. The Antares is spreading, guys.
>>
>>49898218
It's tv. If there's a kid that's related to you it's perfectly reasonable for them to look exactly like you did at that age despite sharing only a fraction of your genetic material.
>>
So, new Star Trek show. Will it be terrible?
>>
>>49898514
It is inevitable. It is terrifying.
>>
>>49898514
Yes. The question is if it's unwatchable, and if so, for how long?
>>
>>49898514
Speaking of, has there been any news at all since they had the reveal of the 5-minute render of the ship? I think that was the point where I gave up on /tv/ trek threads. Isn't this show supposed to come out in January or something?
>>
Anyone have the greentext story of the RPG player who spent his whole campaign hiding in the turbolifts of some starship?
>>
>>49898575
What ship was it, anyway? Can you post pics?
>>
>>49898632
>Jeffries tubes not turbolifts **
>>
>>49898514
Wait there is a new Trek show, really? I thought I dreamed that. So is it going to be SJW and muh diversity the show?
>>
>>49898655

>So is it going to be SJW and muh diversity the show?

Well...it's Star Trek. So likely so, it just won't be anything new.
>>
>>49898648
A Starfleet Morlock, knows all the tubes, and hopefully is a high-energy engineer, with antisocial tendencies and disturbingly violent creative impulses who voluntarily isolated himself from the rest of the crew for everyone's safety.

> YFW the Borg invade your Jeffries Tubes.
>> They participated in the creation of your Dream Engagement.
> The Borg's face when everything is improvised detpacks and guerilla warfare and traps and shit that would make Charlie proud.
>> Their robotic sphincters were not prepared for this.
>>
>>49898671
Star Trek was never muh diversity. It had diversity and brought up social issues using a scifi setting without being overly obnoxious about it. What >>49898655 is worried about, as am I, is Star Trek being turned into a tumblr mouth piece with an evil straight White male being strawmanned in every episode. The best episodes of Star Trek are those that make you think, and have the least action in them.
>>
>>49898749
I can't wait to learn how gender is a social construct, and some backward old white admiral tried to impede progress.
>>
>>49898819

>I can't wait to learn how gender is a social construct

You mean The Outcast (S5 E17 TNG)?
>>
>>49898514

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0298188/

I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
File: Denise+Crosby+KPlxN1WdRzOm.jpg (26KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
Denise+Crosby+KPlxN1WdRzOm.jpg
26KB, 360x240px
>>49898634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
>>
File: picard-facepalm.jpg (23KB, 921x606px) Image search: [Google]
picard-facepalm.jpg
23KB, 921x606px
>>49898930
That's some really sub-par CGI for a Trek show. What did they do to make that? Looks like they stole the bottom half of a TOS era Klingon vessel and then stuck the saucer on top of it.
>>
>>49899444
It's a previs, not actual footage.
>>
>>49898687
First we had innawoods.

Then we had unnaground.

Now what is this innatubes?
>>
>>49899487
Even for a preview that ship looks really derp for 2017. So hopefully they throw out that look all together and use something better looking.
>>
>>49899444
>>49899993
It's based on one of the early designs for the movie Enterprise. There's a reason they didn't go with the design back then, and they shouldn't even have played with the idea now. I was cautiously optimistic before that teaser, but it just killed all the hype.
>>
>>49898930
Jesus that's hideous. Design is deeply, cgi is crap, colors are just all wrong, nothing positive about that ship. 1/10 would not explore space in.
>>
>>49899516
Star Trek: First Contact would have gone a LOT differently if Lt. J.G. Innatubes had been on the case near Engineering.

> Innatubes to Captain Picard! Innatubes to Captain Picard!
>> What? Who is this? Go ahead, Lieutenant!
> Captain, it's *BOOM!* FUCKING BORG! They're *kkkkkZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRT!* IN THE TUBES near MAIN ENGINEER - *FWSSSSSSSSSSSSSH*
> I repeat, the Borg have boarded the ship and are in the tubes near *Boom! B-B-B-B-B-BOOOM! Kssssssht!*
<>Ship rocks.<>
>> Damage Report!
>>> Captain, we have multiple explosions in the Jeffries Tubes near Main Engineering, I'm reading leaking Electroplasma into multiple junctions, and a polyacid contamination in one of the tubes.
>> Picard to Innatubes! Lieutenant, Report!
> *B-B-B-B-B-B-BOOM!* Sorry, Captain! They're swarming in here - heads with tentacles! I've had to deploy the cluster bombs and electrify the tubes to slow them down. No time - you need to give the main computer command authorization to run program Innatubes Five-Niner - and you have to say NINER! Not nine! - and give it the argument 'Borg!' I - Ahhh!

<>Awkward Glances<>
>> Number One, what do you think? Who is this 'Innatubes'?
>>> He's the most antisocial paranoid nut-job we have on the crew. The only reason we haven't dismissed him from Starfleet is because frankly, nobody's willing to go into Jeffries tubes after him and we can't beam him out because he wears a personal transporter scrambler at all times. Despite that, he seems to be very loyal to Starfleet, just that he has the occasional paranoid episode and rigs the Jeffries Tubes with traps. We just comm him and tell him when, where and why we need to go into the tubes, and if it's where he's located his lair, he just tells us to let him handle it. Then he handles it.
>> Can he be trusted?
>>> Sir, I don't think we can afford not to trust him.

>> Right. Computer, this is Captain Picard. Run program 'Innatubes Five-Niner: Arguments: Borg.
>>
File: Exocomp_with_tool.jpg (110KB, 1056x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Exocomp_with_tool.jpg
110KB, 1056x1080px
>>49900190
And then every replicator on the ship begins spitting out weaponized Exocomp chassises that speed off into the tubes, replicating different weapons for themselves. When the Borg adapt to any given weapon, that Exocomp kamikazes with an explosive charge.

The Borg were not prepared. They were not prepared for the magnitude of how unprepared they were.
>>
>>49899993
They threw out the nacelles like two days after that teaser went up, so hopefully.
>>
>>49898856
You mean the society in which publicly identifying as having a gender identity would get you forcibly shipped off to a Reeducation Camp?

You realize that this was portrayed as a Bad Thing, right?
>>
>>49900325
I'm not really interested in pre-TOS, to be honest, whether or not the ship looks good (hint: it doesn't. It looks baaaaaad.)

They should either set something in the post-TOS-Movie-Era, or Post-TNG Era.
>>
>>49900221
>>49900190

If he had been transferred to Voyager shit would have gone so bad for the Kazon when they stole the ship.
>>
File: datas sick guitar solo.webm (671KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
datas sick guitar solo.webm
671KB, 400x292px
what do you guys make of the series Enterprise?
>>
I gotta ask you something. The Wounded is one of my favourite Trek episodes ever. All except one moment, the part where O'brien is talking to the Cardassian glin in Ten Forward. He says that up until the point of a raid on a Federation colony, on which he was tossed a phaser set on maximum and killed a Cardassian with, he never killed anything, and worried about swatting a mosquito.

Now that's some goddamn bullshit right there. Not only was he later described as an expert in starship combat, he was the weapons officer aboard Captain Maxwell's ship when he served under him. You can't tell me that he never killed anyone or was responsible for a death, considering he fought in the Federation-Cardassian War. Did this bother anyone else? It was like someone added that part to the script because they felt like O'brien needed to be an ultra pacifist.
>>
>>49900438
If he'd been transferred to Voyager, I'd give you 50/50 odds that Janeway would either have blown up half the ship subduing him, and assigned him an entire squad of former Maquis engineer-guerillas to be in charge of extraordinary shipboard defensive measures, with a mandate to be ready to throw the rulebook out the nearest airlock and unleash hell on her command.
>>
>>49900473
It could have been good, but it was hamstrung and caltropped by Paramount's retarded "no 'Trekkies' get hired to work on this show" policy.

By the time they threw that out the window and got actual Trekkies to run the show, it jumped to Warp Nine and started really being Trek, but by then it was too late and the show was up for the chop.

>>49900476
Thunderin' Jaysus, a phaser on Setting 16? That wouldn't have killed the poor sonofabitch, that would have DETONATED them.
>>
>>49900476
Dude, he did all of that AFTER the Setlick Three massacre.

That was the event that stole his innocence, started him on the road toward being a soldier, something he later had to work hard to leave behind him (as best he could).

He spent his youth learning to play the cello. He was a musician. He was a junior technician on the Rutlidge until Setlick Three. He WAS an ultra pacifist. He's not a liar.

Fuck off.
>>
>>49900476
Bruh, he's the freakin Hero of Setlig 3 (sp?). You're so right about this being a convenient tool for the writers at the time.
>>
>>49900506
O'brien said 'phaser', which for all we know could have just been a dinky hand phaser. He said it vaporized the Cardassian.

>>49900511
He was a junior tactical officer, he became the primary tactical officer after the massacre. That means he'd had to have been manning the ships weaponry at some point.

>>49900542
I have no problem with him being a pacifist, I just thought it was weird that he said he hadn't killed anything up until that point. It would have been more believable if he said 'up close', like "I had always seen one ship fire on another. It doesn't prepare you for seeing a man disintegrate up close."
>>
>>49900559
>O'brien said 'phaser', which for all we know could have just been a dinky hand phaser. He said it vaporized the Cardassian.

A hand phaser still goes up to setting 16m and is still enough to vaporize gigantic chunks of rock faces.
That begs the question: what asshole gave a man in a firefight a hand phaser on Setting 16? That'd go through half its charge in one shot!
>>
>>49900579
A civilian tossed it to him.

And this is the weapon I'm referring to. Not the standard sidearm that looks like a tv remote, this thing fits into the palm of your hand. It's the type that Geordi used when he was under Romulan mind control for an assassination attempt of a Klingon governor.

Granted I don't know the power output of that thing, but I know that the 'pistol' phaser is said to be able to level an entire building. Or room, I can't remember which.
>>
File: TNG_hand_phaser.jpg (34KB, 683x325px) Image search: [Google]
TNG_hand_phaser.jpg
34KB, 683x325px
>>49900607
Forgot my picture.
>>
>>49900607
>>49900618
Ah...

Ew. Those only go up to Setting Eight. That IS enough to kill a humanoid, but it's... Messy. Not a vaporization. More like heat and cutting.
>>
>>49900652
Maybe O'Brien lied about the vaporization? I'd want to pretend I vaporized a dude instead of turned him into a charred, bisected corpse.

Or maybe it WAS a Type 2 on Setting 16, which would have explodinated the dude. That would be a KIND of vaporization. Just a highly energetic one that would have turned said dude into a high-explosive grenade.
>>
>>49900652
>>49900698
According to a wiki run, Setting 6 is "second degree burns to surface tissue", while 8 is mentioned in a TNG script as "vaporized humanoid". Close enough to call it either way?
>>
>>49900912
The look at the wiki I just read had setting 10 as vaporized humanoids...

Eeeh. Suffice to say that the little pocket popper on maximum setting will still fuck a humanoid up royally and terminally.
>>
>>49897790
Do it bareback and then fire a phaser on its lowest setting, up inside her.
>way of the future
>>
>>49901380
I'm trying to come up with a word stronger than "Horrifying" for this, and I am failing.
>>
>>49900473
Good in spots, especially towards the end. Season 4 was quite good. Season 3 lingered on the Xindi for too long, but at least now we know what the season long "year of hell" plan would have looked like. Other than that it's an alright season. Season 2 and 1 were marginal. Good epidodes in there like the Andorian ones, the minefield, the one with the Elachi. But then there are the bad episodes. Space pregnancy, anything involving the Temporal Cold War, the Suliban and character centric episodes which focused on under developed characters. Specifically Hoshi and Mayweather.

They had basically no development as characters. Hoshi is scared of space. Mayweather was born in space. That's basically their characters summed up. And I think the really missed a trick with the pair of them. Hoshi could have been way more integral as basically the only person on board able to communicate with hostile alien species. She would have to become a no-bullshit type in order to deal with them. And then there's Mayweather. He was a "boomer" growing up on a low warp freighter and never integrating with the Earth ideal. This manifested as him occasionally knowing about a race that Starfleet hadn't met. He could have been hugely at odds with the rest of them who grew up in paradise. Advocating a more aggressive stance towards strangers, seeing as that was how his freighter was treated by other aliens.

I dunno, just a thought.
>>
>>49900579
>>49900912
>>49901251
>>49900618
I remember Riker having to vaporize that one assassin cutie because she had a death wish. I'm not sure what setting but a hand phaser mk2 can for sure totally obliterate a person.
>>
>>49901451
I believe the word you're looking for is "visionary".
>>
>>49901527
Nobody questioned that, anon; the discussion was about Mk1, aka the purse popper phaser.

>>49901539
No, I think the word I'm looking for is "Lunatic".
>>
>>49900473
>>49901517
Yeah, that series was to PC and 'white bread' really. You would think in the era before Kirk they would be less conservative not more. It really made watch that show so boring at times. I was hoping for more firefly and less republican party if you know what I mean.
>>
>>49901451
>>49901539
>>49901550
The word you're both looking for is "Rehabilitation Colony".

Hope you guys like New Zealand.
>>
>>49901550
>>49901587
You're standing in the way of progress, anons. The Phase-Douche will be my masterpiece.
>>
>>49901527
You mean that time he could have just ramped the setting up a few notches but decided to kill her because expediency?
>>
>>49901857
Hell, he could've just stunned her a couple more times, she'd have been on the ground.

He 'had' to kill her for dramatic purposes.

(Annoyed me as a kid.)
>>
>>49901857
My theory is that was immediately after Q brought Riker forward in time to the Voyager trial of Q, so he was still suffering some mild effects of exposure to the Janeway.
>>
File: dts.gif (486KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
dts.gif
486KB, 500x192px
>>49901958
>>hating Janeway
>>
>>49898514
at this point im only torn over whether to call it STD or DIC
>>
>>49900190
>>49900221
What is the biggest Federation ship?

Whatever ship is the biggest he needs to be assigned to one of them and it needs to be sent out on super long haul deep space mapping assignment of the not seeing home in 5 years minimum variety.

Dave, yes I'm calling him Dave unless you can think up a better name, is an insanely good mathematician. Possibly some old augment genes have accidently resurfaced which might also account for his other oddities and borderline insanity.

Wants to go to the Vulcan Science Academy, get qualifications and live on a nice, safe Federation core world doing sums for the next century or so.

To get into the VSA he has to do 4 years minimum one a science assignment. Serving on a deep space federation ship counts.

He hates ships, he fears space.
>>
>>49901999
>hating the shitty scriptwriters

Voyager suffers from a lot of the same problems as Enterprise. A Good premise but not well explored. Too inconsistent, too upbeat, not enough character development and some truly abysmal episodes to boot.
>>
>>49898575
I think they've delayed it till March. There's no news of casting or anything. Beginning to feel a bit worried.
>>
>>49900476
Setlic 3 was the START of the War
>>
>>49902058
Jupiter Class Carrier

actually longer than DS9 is wide (smallest version)
>>
>>49902076
At this point I'm not sure which would be worse a new show being in production limbo forever or it being make and it's shit?
>>
>>49902129
I think it's better that it happens. If it's good, then we can all celebrate the return of Trek. And if it's shit, then it will highlight the need to try something different maybe even the need let someone else take a shot. Progress, however difficult, is generally better than stagnancy.

That being said, Bryan Fuller has been responsible for some good Trek episodes in the past so we can hope he's got his shit together.
>>
>>49902099
Sounds perfect. A Jupiter stripped out and refitted for long range deep space observation, mapping and research.

After the first time Naucican pirates boarded the ship and shot a bunch of dudes he saw the calming platitudes of the security officer for being utterly hollow. Calculated where the safest place on the ship was and set up his bed roll there.

Safest place was a central location and intersection of the Jeffries Tubes.

Puts locks on the doors, steals a space suit and now lives innatubes. doesn't leave his fortified strong room except when wearing his reinforced suit.

Only leaves the tubes to top up the tinned food stock piles. On very good terms with the maintenance teams surprisingly because he spends all day making sure his claustrophobic kingdom remains in tip top condition for the sake of his own safety.

The only annoyance is that the maintenance teams have to inform him of when they are doing their rounds because he's set cruel and unusual traps everywhere.

Crew know him as Space Suit Dave. Because the face plate renders his face invisible and he's deleted most of the computer records about himself only 3 facts are known for sure; Human, Male and Dave. The only person he has taken the suit off in the presence of is the EMH and is bound by oath not to tell what he knows other than that he is surprisingly healthy for someone who lives in a space suit.

The suit also has a life sign blocker and a transport inhibiter built In also there appears to be some sort of beam weapon built into the sleeve of the right hand.

Since moving into the intersection nobody has seen the inside of it. Maintenance teams have to go around it. Sometimes they say they can hear someone playing an accordion with exceptional skill.
>>
>>49902294
Space Suit Dave has had his commission revoked after the first week of refusing to come out of the tubes. Attempts to transport him out of the tubes resulted in his combage appearing in the transporter room attached to a canister of sleepy gas.

There ain't no way he's ever coming out of the tubes and Security have point blank refused to go in after him regardless of orders.

Despite having completed a 5 year stint some years previously he has made no attempts to leave the ship. Much to the grizzled old andorian captains annoyance.

Possibly he likes it down there. Possibly it is the only place he feels safe. Either way he is now just a fact of life on the ship. Annoying sometimes but hardly dangerous. Much like the ozone smell on deck 3 or the squeaky floor boards in the recreation room/pub at the prow.

Also most of the intersections are being unofficially used to store tinned food, spare space suits, essential spare parts for key systems ad all manner of other things so it's not all bad.

Idiots who try to board and seize the ship generally don't survive. Dave never saw much point in mercy.
>>
>>49898930
>this video is not available
It was so awful it committed deletion.
>>
File: USS Discovery.png (408KB, 1500x1429px) Image search: [Google]
USS Discovery.png
408KB, 1500x1429px
>>49902712
>>
>>49902712
There's a US version and an EU version that are region exclusive despite being the exact same video. It's just the 1 is on the CBS channel and the other is on the Netflix one.
>>
>>49902750
It actually looks alright from the side.
>>
File: The-Stig.jpg (51KB, 615x745px) Image search: [Google]
The-Stig.jpg
51KB, 615x745px
>>49902294
>>49902324
>They say he has a wall where he mounts all the skulls of his kills.
>They say he plays a mean accordion solo.
>They say he is the ruthless thing you will ever meet in a confined space.
>All we know is.....he is called THE DAVE.
>>
>>49903054
I like it from the top, but I'd prefer a bit of upward angle on the nacelle struts. This design does have the benefit of providing a lot of internal volume.
>>
File: awe_inspired_.png (1MB, 1400x785px) Image search: [Google]
awe_inspired_.png
1MB, 1400x785px
>>49902058
>What is the biggest Federation ship?
Assuming you count it.
>>
>>49902750
I can't believe they banhammered Axanar for _this_.
>>
File: ubership_.png (1MB, 1366x690px) Image search: [Google]
ubership_.png
1MB, 1366x690px
>>
>>49901451
Indeed.
You can just beam whatever is in there out into the nearest medical replicator for recyling. No need to burn it first. Better to not let good cells go to waste.
>>
>>49902750
Looks like FASA design it from the shite proportions.
>>
>>49902750
It really worries me. While the designs not as bad as some make out it's still not great. The problem i have is that it looks LAZY or worse they have so few ideas the best they could come up with was touching up a 30 year old design.

Those are the big alarm bells for me when i look at it. If they put so little effort into the ship what does that say about the rest? Make no mistake i want this to be good. I want it to be well received.
>>
>>49904498
This thing would have been fine if it didn't have the rediculous gap in the saucer. I wouldn't have minded it if it was some kind of fancy ass weapon or device but it was just a hole so they
could have a multi story transparent section including the bridge like a giant "SHOOT ME" sign, Oh and the underside of the engineering hull always bugged me to it's way too flat. That wide
secondary hull would have looked so much better if it was curved.
>>
>>49904682
Well, it was designed by Mr 2D-thinking. Maybe that's why?
>>
File: ohboy.gif (887KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.gif
887KB, 300x218px
>>49900438
>guerrilla warfare on a starship
I did not realize how much I needed this in my life.
>>
File: Drex Files Enterprise NX-01 1.jpg (80KB, 1440x933px) Image search: [Google]
Drex Files Enterprise NX-01 1.jpg
80KB, 1440x933px
>>49902750
I agree with this anon >>49904631, the ship has too many sharp angles. They really need to smooth it out and give it more curves and angle the warp nacelles up more. Because right now as is, it doesn't look like a Fed ship. It has a more Cardassian or Klingon design look to its lower hull. I like the look of the NX-01, they should have made a design that was half between that and the NCC 1701.
>>
>>49905066
>I like the look of the Akira.

FIFY
>>
File: unnaground.jpg (4MB, 3488x5380px) Image search: [Google]
unnaground.jpg
4MB, 3488x5380px
>>49902294
>>49902324
/tg/: A magical place
>>
File: tumblr_of6058DSvI1qasam2o1_1280.jpg (130KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of6058DSvI1qasam2o1_1280.jpg
130KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>49904547
>>49905066
>>49904631
It's based off of Probert's concept art for TMP, it just fucks it up. My issue is that it's going to set a precedent for fuck ugly ship design pre TOS.
>>
>>49898930
Reminder to boycott it anyway due to CBS and Paramount suing the creators of a non-profit fan film for making something better than what they're producing.
>>
>>49905459
They were suing the Axanar crew because the director was using the donations and Star Trek name to create his own film studio. In that instance, they HAD to protect their copyright.
>>
>>49905480
This. Pretty much everybody else is getting a pass. They've given themselves the right to shut down something if it is using the Star Trek name to make a profit or to otherwise exploit the name. But they're not shutting down everything. Just look at Renegades and Star Trek: Comtinues. Both of them breach the rules, as laid down, but both are being allowed to continue. CBS/Paramount have given themselves the nuclear option if they need it. That doesn't mean they will always use it.
>>
>>49906007
>everybody else is getting a pass
Not really. Sure, they're being allowed to continue, but not necessarily as they were. CBS made a whole lot of conditions and restrictions for fan films, which royally screw everyone.
>>
>>49906007
This is not an accurate representation of how copyright works or what is actually going on in this particular thing.
>>
>>49905170
very clever
>>
>>49906322
>>49906419
STC released an episode recently. Full length and all. There was a disclaimer on the episode and their fan page stated that they'd take it down if requested to by either CBS or Paramount, despite that it's still up.

They have the right to, but on the basis of not wanting more backlash from the fans they're letting it slide.
>>
>>49905066
NX-refit, you're welcome

>>49906007
Renegades was objectively terrible (all the production incompetence of ST5 with the plotline stupidity of Dorknerds) and have untreked just about everything they can from it

Continues has had a bunch of its cast do voice work for STO During this shit (Inc Vic as as TOS era captain) so their position is a little weirder
>>
>>49906679
Well yeah, Vic is a renowned voice actor and Chris Doohan is literally Scotty's son. No matter what, they'll survive.
>>
>>49906419
>This is not an accurate representation of how copyright works
It is an accurate defense of a trademark, however
>>
>>49906679
I always thought that was really quite derpy, but at the same time... Kind of charming somehow.

Certainly a hell of a lot better than dusting off a 30-year-old concept art and producing it wholesale.
>>
>>49902294
>>49902324
>>49902058
>>49900221
>>49900190
>>49903379
I wish to know of Space Suit Dave and his Innatubes Adventures.

It's just too easy to imagine, at completely random locations and times on the ship, a floor panel lifting up a suited figure with a rifle half emerging and scanning the surroundings with weapon drawn. Inspection complete he grabs the panel and vanishes once more to the magical place of Innatubes.

This is apparently all he does. All day, every day. Walls, floor, ceiling, even the access hatches of the outer hull. Nowhere is safe from his paranoia.

The crew, at least those that have been there for a few years, barely register it anymore.

To others he is a sad and wretched mockery of life. A phantom of the ship made flesh that should not be. Appearing out of nowhere and disappearing once more to the sound of beautiful accordion music. Vulcans find him particularly disturbing or possibly insulting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrieZ0Wd1N8

On the numerous years the ship has been boarded by everything from Undine to Space Pirates to Borg. His body count has been prodigious. He can strike from anywhere, from any angle and at any time and those that make the fatal mistake of entering his kingdom and following him to Innatubes are the most foolish creatures of all time. None of the bodies have ever been recovered, not the Borg or the Pirates or Undine.
>>
>>49908215
So basically Twitch of the All Guardsman Party, only as a Starfleet Officer/Morlock?

Yesssssssss.
>>
>>49902750
Main problem with this thing is that it actually looks LESS federation design than a ROMULAN Bird of Prey.

Maybe the show will be about Cardasian undercover operation, pretending to be federation ship, while scouting the enemy territory.
>>
>>49908623
It's set in the 2240s. So no Romulans and no Cardassians. If anything, it's going to probably be all Klingons all the time, and we may end up seeing the retconning of the TOS appearance.
>>
File: IMG_0630.jpg (299KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0630.jpg
299KB, 1080x1080px
>>49908640
I'm personally hoping to see both smoothheaded and ridgeheaded Klingons so that the rambling essay I wrote about the Klingon's social upheaval as a result of human augments, a few threads ago, can remain my headcanon.
>>
>>49908702
I'm just desperately hoping it's not shit.

Or at least, not standard modern tv. I fucking hate modern tv story structure where sod all but waffling, soap-opera tier interpersonal relationships and standing around the dark looking moody seems to be the core of everything remotely fantastical/sci-fi.

People might shit on it for lack of inter-episode continuity but at least Star Trek got shit done in 45 minute blocks.

/grognard
>>
File: pac man.jpg (58KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
pac man.jpg
58KB, 600x526px
>>49908702
Have you got that saved? I forgot to save it last time round and it was a good read.

Would you mind posting it again if you do have it saved?
>>
>>49908214
Holy shit, Dave eats the bodies of those he kills.
>>
>>49904537
Heck, you can even give an unwanted pregnancy to someone else.

Just look at that transporter accident episode where Keiko O'Brien's baby ended up in Kira.
>>
>>49908899
Possibly. Is Undine edible? Who knows? Possibly Dave knows but possibly not. It's possible he's dumping them into the reactor, recycling them through the replicator or kicking them out of the back of the ship during warp travel.

Also it's not actually cannibalism by the classical definition unless it's human and Dave is all about the classics.

But he does stockpile tinned food, water and nutri-bars and seems to be going through them at a normal rate judging by the amount of times he briefly leaves the Tubes to replenish the stocks. So he has no actual reason to eat invaders.

But then again this is someone who has been wearing a spacesuit near continually for 7+ years, prefers to live inside walls and under floorboards and deleted all files regarding himself even going so far as to erase the ones at starfleet command. The mans insane.

Point is don't trespass in the Kingdom of Innatubes and you will never have to find out.
>>
>>49908934
I'm pretty sure that's like, mega illegal to do intentionally in the Federation. At that point, they build you your own prison bunk UNDER the penal colony and transport you into it.
>>
>>49908878
Give me a few minutes, I have it as a word document but it would be most expedient to post it as a google doc
>>
>>49908934
That was not a transporter accident.

Rock hit ship and fucked ship up.

Keiko gets injured. Only other woman on ship is Kira. Bashir medically transfers baby with consent form both women.
>>
>>49909029
ah okay, didn't remember the episode but still. Still, find childless couple and helping them doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
>>
File: smug snow white.jpg (156KB, 1000x1208px) Image search: [Google]
smug snow white.jpg
156KB, 1000x1208px
>>49909096
And why the fuck would they want your shit genes?
>>
>>49908982
You know, I'd expect that at some point, the quartermaster crew are supplying Lt. Dave Innatubes. Food, water, field toilet and field sonic shower;
Security are passing him all those nifty prototype/rare weapons, like the transporter sniper rifle and that phaser shotgun and shit from Elite Forces II;
Engineering are keeping him supplied with spare parts and high-energy components he can use to craft traps;

Holy shit. He's a Space Station 13 player.
>>
>>49909121
Space Suit Dave does keep a whole load of shit running. He is all by himself an engineering team that never stops or seems to rest so he is kept supplied.

God alone knows that none of the technicians ever feel comfortable in his kingdom.

He has stolen all the basic amenities he needs from the cargo bay.

He's already dangerous enough. He doesn't need badass high performance weapons. It is known that he has constructed at least one cross bow for when he want to shoot a fucker and not give off an energy signature. Giving him the transporter sniper rifle could be very dangerous for everyone involved.
>>
>>49908878
>>49908999
I actually ended uo doing one worse and creating a whole website to house my unstable ramblings. You'll find my "essay" there.

http://klingonhistory.weebly.com/
>>
>>49909373
It's glorious.
>>
File: gams.jpg (46KB, 376x501px) Image search: [Google]
gams.jpg
46KB, 376x501px
Are any of you people actually playing Trek tabletop games?

How are they? What kinda character are you playing?
>>
>>49909490
I was running a FASA Star Trek game until recently, and my players were Starfleet Intelligence operatives trying to discern whether the Ford Klingons were the real thing, or whether the "modern" Klingons were just playing a shell game on them. Things eventually went sour and they were forced to steal a D-32 Bird of Prey in the process of saving the crew of the USS Demeter. Shit got as real as it could for them, and they've recognized that their jobs as operatives are over.
>>
>>49909490
I GM'd a game last week. Had a bunch of new timers to star trek as well as some veterans. Was supposed to be a relatively easy session. Ended up pretty much causing a war with the Romulans.
>>
>>49910125
Come on, you can't leave it at that, Anon!

What happened?
>>
>>49910150
Storytiem coming soon. Need to finish writing it up. like i promised to 2 threads ago
>>
File: would you.jpg (77KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
would you.jpg
77KB, 694x530px
>>
>>49910863
How could they not understand how creepy this scene came across
>>
>>49910942
I think that's the point. You're supposed to feel conflicted. Imagine if your significant other suddenly became ten, but had the same mind. They probably wouldn't want to be treated as a child and would still want to remain intimate. You'd have to weigh their happiness against your own morals. Would you remain together and wait for her to reach the age of space consent, or would you play space ball?
>>
>>49910942
Oh, they did.

That's why O'Brien, the greatest man in Starfleet, resisted the darker impulses, and did the right thing. Nothing.

Now, if they were stuck like that for...well, until they grew up again? Who knows? I doubt he'd abandon her, so...it'd get even darker, then.
>>
>>49911003
>did the right thing.
Clearly the right thing was to impregnate her, then put her back into the transporter to see if (once they fix her) a 20-year old man or woman spontaneously explodes from her uterus.
>>
>>49911054
Back to your rehabilitation colony, creepazoid.
>>
>>49911054
That's an interesting sense of "right" you seem to have developed there.
>>
>>49910990
In this situation the ability to give informed consent is totally unaffected, in every respect that actually matters your spouse is an adult who happens to have the appearance of a child.

Which is horrendous because it means you can't even make a simple moral decision about it. There is no good answer here.
>>
>>49898930
Did...did someone bolt a saucer section onto a Klingon D7 warbird? Then paint it in Tau colors?
>>
>>49911547
Morally speaking, there's no gray area here: Keiko O'Brien remains an adult woman with multiple decades of life experience, capable of giving (and withholding) informed consent to sexual encounters, and she probably retains a sex drive - and if she doesn't have much of one yet, she sure will once puberty hits again!

There is, as you say, no moral gray area here: rather, I would expect Chief Miles Edward O'Brien to be incredibly, incredibly squicked by this, because, of course, the idea of sexual relations with a child is something you Do Not Do. To be frank, I'd expect Keiko to be squicked out by it, too, because they live in the United Federation of Planets, not the Autonomist Alliance where Neotenic morphs are a thing. So I'd expect that this would put a hell of a lot of stress on their marriage; for one thing, Molly was unaccepting of what happened to Keiko and to be fair, it would be kind of hard for most folks to take Keiko seriously as her mother when she looks like her older sister. [Indeed, this is partly why "shockingly young girl gets pregnant, is taken away to be In The Countryside with her mother and grandmothers for a year, and when she comes back, she has a new baby sister" is a trope, assuming mum is anywhere remotely near baby-carrying age.]

And even like, four-six-eight years later, I'd expect things to still be seriously weirded the fuck out between them. I don't think their marriage would have survived.

On the other hand, if that Pah-Wraith thought possessing a Japanese Hate Ghost was a bad idea, imagine possessing a fucking Japanese Teenager. She'd go full-on weeaboo FIGHTAN' MAGIC on its ass and chase it from Bajor to the Gamma Quadrant and back.
>>
>>49911884
I think O'Brien would somehow manage to maintain their relationship through that in spite of everything.

Just because him having to suffer with an ultra-fucked up relationship is pretty much par for the course.
>>
>>49912204
Hahahaahaaaaaaah. Good point - after all, 'O'Brien Must Suffer.'

Why didn't they ever make Kira suffer? Or Sisko? Or hell, Quark?
... Well, okay, they kind of did, but they still kind of gave O'Brien the business to a much greater degree.

Actually, did Bashir ever get a turn in the suckbarrel?
>>
>>49912253
Being Bashir is already punishment.
>>
>>49912253
Yeah, he got the "trapped in my own mind" episode. And Kira suffered plenty, since the writers bizarrely wanted Dukat to tap that ass. Then flipped on that when they realized that people thought Dukat was in the right.
>>
>>49912284
He WAS right - that ass was very tappable.
Not that that means somebody SHOULDN'T have carved his bollocks off with a mek'leth.
>>
>>49912306
No, what I meant by "in the right" was that Dukat did nothing wrong, and it was all the Bajorans fault for not loving him enough.
>>
>>49912253
The Quickening.
>>
>>49909490
Playing a homebrewed Star Trek game using a modified Edge of the Empire system. We're Marquis gurellias messing up Cardassian black sites and next session we will (hopefully) be 'borrowing' a Galor class warship for a bit of a joyride.
>>
>>49909490
You just made me realize it was Star Trek that made me an irredeemable leg man.
>>
>>49912575
At least you came by it honestly.
>>
File: daedalus-deepspace-001-1080rada.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
daedalus-deepspace-001-1080rada.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
>>49906679
It's a little too overbuilt. I would only buy the reenforced nacelle pylons if there was a clearly defined gap in advancement in the materials needed for the long pylons seen on the early federation ships like the Daedalus.
>>
>>49912752
It's an intermediate design. The NX-Refits were initially literally strapping that secondary hull on to a mostly complete NX class, with later ships in the line shuffling components about for the best fit.
>>
File: 1470301096065-2-k.jpg (285KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1470301096065-2-k.jpg
285KB, 1600x1064px
>>49912837
THAT makes it sexy, like pinning modern ELINT and infared ducts on an old HIND-D
>>
>>49912752
That's a really nice take on the Daedalus class right there. Looks more believable than usual, probably from the lack of bright white paint job.

Kinda funny to think the Daedalus is a more advanced ship than the NX. Still cramped as fuck though.
>>
>>49913156
I'll be honest, the old, red-ball-glowy nacelles and the gold-foil deflector parabola dishes really just scream 'derp' at me. If the older designs had TMP-style refit nacelles and blue deflectors, I'd probably love them.
>>
>>49913111
Love that super hind, trips don't lie.
>>
>>49913173
Wanna fight about it?!
>>
>>49913247
>>49913173

Ooh, not him but I wanna fight about it.

I call dibs on the Space Dildos.
>>
>>49913247
I am >>49913173 and no, I don't want to fite you about it. It's a matter of opinion, I just think the TOS-era-type glowy-red-ball nacelles and gold-parabolas are derpy and I don't like them; the gold-parbola dishes more than the nacelles.

I just prefer TMP/TNG-era ship aesthetics. You don't have to agree with me, and I don't have to agree with you, it's hardly a matter that deserves crossed blades at sunset.
>>
>>49913111
Going a bit off topic, but that so gives me the vibe of the Blood Axe favor from BFG:A videogame. Where the Orks get a Nova Kannon and the ability to 'run silent'. It's like the Russians are trying to go westaboo.
>>
>>49913302
Considering that Bussard scoops simply collect and process elements, couldn't the clear showing of all the colors of the rainbow be attested to the individual systems of the scoop processing them, and showing the plasma hue of that specific element during the (presumably exciting and power-centric) processing?
>>
File: Kiryuin Sisters.png (2MB, 2000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Kiryuin Sisters.png
2MB, 2000x1800px
>>49913883
You know, for having the derpy glowcelles, I kind of like the Ares. That's probably why I made Kiryuin Satsuki and Ryuko captains of Ares-classes in my Star Trek/KLK-AU fic.

It looks like it's just MEAAAAN. It's a sleek little bruiser of a ship with an absolute ass-load of phaser emitters.

> To plug my own horn again: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YgsfwQhLO1jLlyPLZS-c3RAIU45oK6zsLn-7nkpQFgY
>>
>>49906914
Plus the execs signed off on it way before the Axanar crap started. Trekyards did a Doug Drexler interview where he mentioned that the legal team did a once over of the project, New Voyages Phase 2 if i recall correctly, and jave it a pass then since everything was low budget and all volunteer. No one was getting paid for jack and they were doing their thing before services like Patrion were a large thing.

I'll find the link to the interview and post as soon as i find it.
>>
>>49914541
Found it, Youtube delivers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AM0AOdAPWE
>>
File: IMG_0957.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0957.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Bump while I finish up the tales of the USS Briar
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>49897628
cannot unsee
>>
>>49916121
What's wrong? You don't like the idea of a tsundere Cardassian waifu who treats you like the barbarian you are - good for hard shagging and crumping shit on the head for her, and to be kept the hell away from anything that requires tact, finesse, or technical expertise?
>>
which non hu-mon race would you choose to be if you were in the trek-verse

i'd go with vulcan
>>
>>49916803
Seriously speaking: One of the Vulcanoid Species
Curiosity speaking: I kinda want to see exactly what the genetic lottery would give a person who had literally every possible multi-species coupling in his ancestry.
>>
>>49916803
Romulan or Andorian. Depends on how much of the Beta canon turns out to be true. Might even consider being Cardassian.
>>
>>49916857
Expanding on that second idea. I think it would either turn out to be a re-evolution of those aliens that seeded life that you see a hologram of in the one TNG episode, or a barely functional sack of organs and anger.
>>
>>49916803
Romulan for sure.

In my younger years I would have said Klingon, but as I've become older and more successful I've grown arrogant and less overtly combative.
>>
>>49916393
Indeed, Daniel Jackson, I do not like the idea.
>>
>>49916872
The precursor race by the point in time that they seeded the stars had drastically engineered themselves. You would end up as a more primitive version of them, whatever that would be.
>>
>>49902059
>A Good premise
I disagree. It's an interesting premise - no Starbases to refuel, no allies to get help or resources from, no knowledge of the area - but it's basically Gilligan's Island. Is the thing they're after this episode going to get them home in a flash? No, because that would mean the end of the show.
>>
>>49916908
More primitive might not necessarily be right though. Is it ever stated that they used old genetic code of theirs instead of just splicing bits of their already changed genes into whatever bio matter they found on the planets they seeded?
>>
>>49916887
Were there even any good alien waifus in Stargate?
>>
>>49916922
Unless you count humans from other worlds/ with a snake in their heads, no.
If you do count those, Nirti was pretty nice looking. Amoral and science obsessed, but hey, that gives her some charm.
>>
>>49916803
El-Aurian. Because seriously, dying of old age is for fucking CHUMPS.
>>
>>49916922
The Serrakins? They canonically find humans appealing, and they're bro enough to have protected one of the slave colonies of humanity, welcoming them onto their homeworld/into their society. Enough that human-serrakin hybrids are fairly common, in fact.
>>
>>49916946
Oh shit, good point.
>>
>>49916934
You have a strange definition of 'charm,' Ano - no, nope! Sorry, I can't type that with a straight face, given that I posted Tsundere Cardassian Waifu Edition.
>>
>>49916922
Some of the Wraith hive queens we're waifu materiel. I'd let the red headed queen from the Atlantis pilot drain my escence, if you catch my meaning.
>>
>>49917002
Jesus Christ my syntax and grammar are terrible.
>>
>>49917012
To say nothing of your spelling! "Essence" is the word I THINK you were thinking of, but I'm not entirely certain!
>>
>that episode of Dresden Files where Claudia Black shows up as a mundane PI
>Teyla
>Vala's daughter
>deputy and scientist lady from Eureka
>Tricia fucking Helfer
Man, for a few years, Sci-Fi had it locked down when it came to attractive women.
>>
>>49916980
Also you can detect changes in the time line.
>>
File: 1476426568304.png (767KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1476426568304.png
767KB, 500x387px
>>49901380
>>
>>49900473
>Enterprise
Worst series of the lot. As others have pointed out it got better in the later seasons, but it was practically unwatchable to begin with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2Vd_mYnAk
>>
>>49904896
THIS
>>
>>49901517
literally the mirror universe versions got better development in an episode or two than the "real" counterparts got in the entire series
>>
>>49897628
>not "Star Trek Admiral"
try again
>>
>>49917614
STA didn't draw people in. 2 threads died well before auto-sage.
>>
>>49917614
Last time the thread was called STA it fell off the bottom of the catalogue with I think it was 34 posts.

Lets not try again.
>>
So what all is known about the Trek verse outside the Milky Way? I may be running a game for some of my friends soon and was thinking about having the ship, or ships, haven't decided if it would be just one long distance scouting vessel or a full on exploratory fleet, heading out of the galaxy. But I don't remember what, if anything, has been shown to be non-native to the Milky way, and would like a quick refresher without wiki diving about whats out there.
>>
>>49917970
In ToS it is implied that Andromeda has had an apocalypse level holy fuck Mutually Assured Destruction flavoured war so bad it's no longer war but The End of Days.

The Doomsday Machine was from another galaxy and those tentacle monsters in human bodies that turned the crew to Styrofoam dodecahedrons were abandoning Andromeda because the entire galaxy was soon to be uninhabitable.

Until given information otherwise I'm imagining Andromeda as one big mass grave populated by autonomous world destroying abominations against God and science.
>>
>>49918151
So Andromeda is simultaneously already gone and continuous apocalypse, that I can work with. Anything known about extra-galactic things. Stars randomly stopped in the void, species from between galaxies, anything like that. One of my players knows more of the esoteric Trek lore, so I want to have as much on lockdown as I can before starting.
>>
>>49918151
The Doomsday Machine was explicitly from the Milky Way, it was just made by a bunch of people terrified of something/fighting a total war. It's obviously a Borg Killer.
>>
>>49918251
Also, do they ever say where the Whale Probe came from?
>>
>>49918267
Negative, the origin point was specified to be outside our galaxy

to quote:

>"A robot weapon that purposely destroys entire solar systems. Why?
>"Unknown, Captain. However, Mister Sulu has computed the path of the machine, using the destroyed solar systems as a base course. Projecting back on our star charts, we find that it came from outside, from another galaxy.
>"What is the projected course of this thing?
>"If it follows its present path, it will go through the most densely populated section of our galaxy.

>- Kirk and Spock, discussing the threat to the densely populated sector of their galaxy by the doomsday machine.
>>
>>49918267
imagine if the borg assimilated that thing
>>
>>49897628
Star Trek Cypher System project: https://mephitjamesblog.wordpress.com/star-trek-cypher/
>>
>>49917970
It's nearly impossible to leave our galaxy as it is because of the Great Barrier mentioned a few times in TOS. Traveling through it will either kill you or turn you into a psychic god, but mostly the former.
>>
>>49918861
so win win
>>
>>49916857
you get Kal Dano, the idiot who built a star-killer as a school science project and created one of the worst factions of the Temporal Cold War

>>49917047
that was a consequence of exposure to the Nexus, not an inherent trait of the species (back when she was Mark Twains bit of rough Guinan couldn't sense the temporal smeg going on with Data + Picard)

>>49917970
as of STO, the Kelvans (the tentacle monsters) have pretty much lost a war with the Iconians for control of Andromeda
>>
>>49913302
I like you, never change.
>>49913519
How boring. Just go be with your sleek beautiful ships and perfect uniforms then, like I care.
>>
>>49918965
That's because she had not be a subject of change.

In the episode where Tasha Yar goes back in time on an old ship to stop the Klingon - Federation war she did know the timeline was not right.

Also in STO when timeline changes and you end up as a barge slave-captain of the Tholian Empire one of the other slaves is an El-Aurian and he knows shit is up and that YOu, him and Tasha shouldn't be there. He also can't shake the feeling that Tasha has a daughter called Sela but doesn't know how he knows this.
>>
File: ares_returns_.jpg (5MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
ares_returns_.jpg
5MB, 4096x2304px
Wanna build one of these in Space Engineers, no idea where to start.
>>
>>49920291
We'll it wouldn't be full size, that's for certain. I'm not as keen on Space Engineers as some people seem to be. It's rather clumsy, even if it's procedural generation is amazing.
>>
>>49912752
I really, really like the Daedalus. I don't know why, I know it's an antique. But something about it just appeals to me.
>>
>>49917970
>>49918151
>>49918251
Also, remember guys there is if the second pilot is still canon from TOS. There is an energy field at the edge of the galaxy that turns humans into magical super beings with a god complex. So going outside the galaxy shouldn't be done lightly.
>>
>>49921008
It's very utilitarian
>>
>>49920870
I think someone managed to build the Franklin from Beyond to scale without wrecking the framerate too much, and seeing as we don't really know how big an Ares is, you'd be free to do what you want.

Plus the saucer design lets you fit a surprising amount into the space without slowing things down too much, so...
>>
File: ExcelsiorManipFt.Miranda.jpg (152KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ExcelsiorManipFt.Miranda.jpg
152KB, 1080x1080px
>>49919018
>How boring. Just go be with your sleek beautiful ships and perfect uniforms then, like I care.

Thank you, I will. Here, have a sleek, beautiful ship.
>>
File: 9db.jpg (81KB, 680x776px) Image search: [Google]
9db.jpg
81KB, 680x776px
>>49918151
>Eldritch horrors in my Star Trek
I might play a quick campaign of that.
>>
>>49918151
>Until given information otherwise I'm imagining Andromeda as one big mass grave populated by autonomous world destroying abominations against God and science.
Shit, I'd love to be in that game.
>>
>>49919018
>perfect uniforms
Not my fault you don't know how to get your uniform cleaned and press, Ensign
>>
>>49924352
Then play Total annihilation.
>>
>>49924378
No, I mean, if someone ran a star trek campaign with that setting. Be fricking badass, assuming we don't all get eaten by a planetkiller in the second session.
>>
>>49924375
That's what replicators are for, sir.
>>
File: 300px-TNG_security2.jpg (15KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
300px-TNG_security2.jpg
15KB, 300x229px
So I'm guessing it was rare to have female security in Star Fleet besides Tasha.This is the only time I think we see a girl with another dike haircut not less be a yellow shirt security. Were they just bias or could they only get guys to stand at attention for hours mostly?
>>
>>49924587
>Roll out of my bunk, 10 minutes until I need to be at me station.
>"Computer, one plate scrambled eggs and one uniform, engineering department, pressed, rank chief petty officer!"
>Glad that star fleet installs replicators in every room.
>>
File: 18wtpzocz5qkxjpg.jpg (75KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18wtpzocz5qkxjpg.jpg
75KB, 800x450px
>>49925150
So if you were a human and not living in the UFP zone, where would you live instead? It seems it would be very hostile to live anywhere else in Trek for a human. Where would you live if you had a choice?
>>
>>49925306
The Triangle. Freedom from the stuffed shirts in the UFP, and most of the interplanetary states in the area are strong enough to thumb their nose at the Klingons, Romulans, (and in some cases) the Federation.
>>
>>49925150
>> Computer, one ration bar, scrambled eggs flavor, and one uniform, Engineering Department, pressed, rank Chief Petty Officer.
Fixed that for you, Miles.

>>49925306
The only reason I'm not living in the UFP zone is:
> On a deep-space Federation research/exploration mission.
> Brosephing it up with folks who do not afraid of transhumanist augmentations so I can get my Jensen on.
>>
>>49925097
>women generally unwilling to place themselves directly in harms way for the sake of non-family group and men completely unwilling to force them to do it
What's changed?
>>
>>49925306
My knowledge of organizations outside of the big ones mentioned in the various shows is limited but I'd likely choose one of the smaller ones that share a border with the UFP. The thought of living in a police state really doesn't appeal to me so the Romulan Empire and Cardassian Union are out. The Klingon Empire is out for similar reasons. Honestly I'd probably try to get my hands on a ship and point myself at the frontier, go prospecting or something.
>>
>>49909245
>It is known that he has constructed at least one cross bow for when he want to shoot a fucker and not give off an energy signature.

> Be Romulan Boarding Party.
>> These Federation sluts are all weak and cowardly! They shouted something about 'Innat Ubes' and ran away. What is that, some kind of primitive deity to pray to?
>> Wait, why are the lights gone out?

> Strange THUNK sound.
>> What was that? Get your lights up! Get your lights out!
> Boarding Party point-man is pinned to the nearest bulkhead, feebly grasping at a gigantic stake emerging from his chest where his liver is.
>> Oh ROMULUS what the fuck?! Get him down!
> Try to get Point Man off the wall.
> Point man's eyes go wide and he rasps something unintelligible.
>> Just hold on, you're gonna be okay.
> He points.
> Look at what he's pointing at.
> There's some kind of canister wrapped in metal rolling over the deck towards the boarding party.
> BOOM goes the IED.

> Boarding Party #2, attracted by BOOM and screams, approaches Boarding Party #1.
>> Oh ROMULUS, what the fuck? Was this 'Federation' ship already hijacked by Orion Pirates?!
> Call for transporter medevac.
> Transporter scrambler goes active mid-transport, yielding Messy Results.
>> WHAT THE FUCK!? Who ARE THESE PEOPLE!?
> Lt. Dave "Space Suit" Innatubes slowly pulls away a ceiling hatch from above, as Romulan Boarding Party #2 take up omnidirectional guard positions, looking around nervously.
> THUNK! Goes the crossbow.
> THUNK! Goes the crossbow bolt into the shoulder of the boarding party's point man.
> Hatch is replaced, as the Romulans crowd around their injured comrade.
>> Hey, what's this beeping thing on the end of this projectile?
> BOOM! Goes the IED.
>> Lt. Innatubes is getting his Valid Kills today.
>>
>>49920291
I used basic shells on the Steam Workshop which used imported models. I've done a Nova and an Excelsior so far. Nova was much easier to work with because it's all thrust to mass ratio. Excelsior became a torpedo boat (using Merge Blocks) and the Nova was still a scout ship.

I've tried a Premonition, Sovereign, and Miranda Class. Sovereign has some potential but it's tough to run a ship of that size with one person. MP still lags a bit.

I'd love to try with an Aries but the pylons connecting the Nacelles to the main body of the ship would be scary, depending on scale. It would make a fantastic fast attack ship if you can crew it with two people.
>>
>>49925097
Lyta Alexander had to take MANY side jobs to afford to live on Babylon 5...including having to work with Wolf, the Enterprise Punching Bag.
>>
>>49925718
>I'd love to try with an Aries but the pylons connecting the Nacelles to the main body of the ship would be scary, depending on scale.
Why do you say that?
>>
>>49925571
Holy shit this, more pls
>>
>>49925927
two layers of heavy armor would make me feel comfortable with pylons like that. However, having the pylons be thicker would mess with the aesthetic. One or two well placed missiles would take a nacelle off. I'm sure it could be mitigated from missile but I'm always afraid that SE might randomly shear off a pylon like that if you accidentally clip or get rammed by something.
>>
>>49925980
Would layering extra shielding around the pylons be a good compromise?
>>
>>49925556
This isn't really true, there's like ten trillion female MAs in the Navy.
>>
>>49925958
>>49925571

> Be Lt. "Space Suit" Dave Innatubes
> Be minding your own business, derping around in the Jeffries Tubes, wearing your space suit, fixing a flux modulo-capacitor whose chroniton particle stream has become dangerously out of alignment, causing all the sonic showers on Deck 14 to youthen those who shower in them.
>> Don't see the point in "fixing" this, really, since no kids live on Deck 14 and everybody else, especially the beardie old guys, could stand to regain a few more years of youthful vigor but whatever.
>> Have already duplicated the fault in your own Field Sonic Shower.

> Sudden beeping from your suit.
>> HUD: Display.
> Atmospheric pressure is dropping fast in the Jeffries Tubes. An unprotected human would be feeling dizzy and lightheaded already; they'd have trouble breathing in a minute, and in two minutes they'd be passed out.
> Don't give any fucks because you're wearing a space suit, but that's still Not Good.
>> Lt. Innatubes to Security: I know you redshirts got a new security chief recently, does he really think that a guy called "Space Suit" Dave is going to be hindered by you vacuuming out the tubes?
>> Security to Lt. Innatubes: Uhhhh... No? The new boss was given a thorough briefing on the reasons why we don't mess with you. We don't know anything about the tubes.
>> Lt. Innatubes to Engineering: Are you guys venting the tubes for some reason?
>> Engineering to Lt. Innatubes: No, we're not. And, our sensors are showing the tubes are at full pressure in all sections. Are you sure
>> I wear a freaking space suit! It has pressure sensors on it, and right now the tubes I'm in are ascending past the top of Mt. Everest at full impulse! Fine, I'll take care of it, just seal all the internal hatches.
> Honestly, have to do everything yourself around here. Who was it that set up the emergency solar panels and got the ship limping the last time the Pak'led sucked out the warp core and the fusion reactor fuel.
> Cont.
>>
>>49926909
>> It sure as shit wasn't the chief engineer, who didn't even know we HAD emergency solar panels aboard, let alone how to set them up.
> Hold up a scrap of insulating fabric to see which way the air is blowing, set off towards the suction.
> Find some kind of horrific, organic maw attached to the side of the ship, having bit its way into the tubes, and is now sucking the air out.
>> Just fucking great.

> Review your options.
>> Call it in to Command.
>>> They'll probably decide to analyze it, probe it, attempt to communicate with it, have a debate about whether or not it's sapient, or whether or not it deserves to be protected.
>> Call it in to Engineering
>>> They'll probably try some high holy horseshit like "Souring the Milk" to get it to let go voluntarily.
>> Call it in to Security
>>> Spineless, dickless cowards lacking in ovarian fortitude, they'll forward it Command.

> Fuck this shit, I'mma deal with this myself.
>> Gather materials.
> Return to the maw. It's eating its way further into the ship by inches.
> Have assembled a canister bomb consisting of one giant air canister filled with pressurized enriched electroplasma, and one giant air canister of elementally pure oxygen, superchilled to a near-solid state, on a remote detonator.
> Kick the bomb into the critter's gullet, it goes flopping in and lands within, just sitting intact.
>> Computer, erect a forcefield in the Jeffries Tube 1m in front of my position.
> Set off the bomb.
> Blow that alien leech clear off the hull in a blinding flash of purple and yellow molten burnination.
> This is why space suit helmets polarize, so you can watch the BOOM.
> Computer, erect a forcefield 1m behind my position and remove the one 1m ahead of it.
> Get out your hull patch material, go to work.
>> You've gotta fix everything around here.
>>
>>49897946
>When you continue to get cucked by your supreme overlord
>>
>>49927035
Well to be honest this is Patrick Stewart we're talking about. So if Will Weaton wants a pity party , you would think Pat would be first one to slap his shit down. Patrick doesn't take shit from anyone.
>>
>>49927099
At least he had the respect to use his real name.

> Wil should have replied
>> Yes sir.
>>
>>49927180
>From all the shit I hear about Will, I think he's too much of a pussy for that.
I guessing he was totally ass blasted when he got that from Patrick.
>>
Alright, be honest guys, how many of you are cross posting on the /m/ holodeck thread? I know its you because I saw some of our general memes in there.
>>
>>49927434
There's a holo deck thread on /m/?
>>
File: Aldebaran_whiskey,_2369.jpg (246KB, 1433x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Aldebaran_whiskey,_2369.jpg
246KB, 1433x1079px
>>49927996
What the fuck is an /m/?

> Also
Posit me this, /tg/: Suppose that James Doohan had been game for more than just a one-off cameo.
Suppose Scotty became a recurring, rare supporting character; not a primary character, but more like Guinan. You'd every now and then see him in Ten Forward, or just around the ship. He could be called upon as a mentor for a lot of things - Data and Geordi might call upon him for the Old Guy's Perspective on engineering matters, Captain Picard and Commander Riker could call upon him as an informal sounding board for Command-level stuff, like in times when Evil Admirals are rearing their ugly heads.

And of course, he's a certified expert in hundred-year-old tech, so any time you find an old ship, starbase, or installation, you'd want to at least consult Scotty, if not send him on the Away Team as a civilian specialist.
>>
>>49928710
I don't like it. Scotty retired a Captain. What we would have needed would have been impossible at the time, which is a SCE show with Scotty in charge of a Galaxy class of his own, filled with miracle worker engineers sent out to fix ships in the field, or perform disaster relief operations. We should have gotten one of those anyway, over Discovery. Or else, they should have set Discovery in the early 2300s, rather than fucking with the TOS aesthetic, if they wanted a history show.
>>
File: SuluJaneway.jpg (13KB, 400x364px) Image search: [Google]
SuluJaneway.jpg
13KB, 400x364px
>>49928757
Let's not aim for the moon before we can reach orbit, anon. We're not Jebediah Kerman up in this shizzle.

I just think that Scotty could have improved TNG quite a bit if he'd become a recurring background character.
And yeah, this Discovery B.S. is just that - bull. They should either give us post-TNG, or post-TOS Movie era stuff. Hell, I still say that Pic Related is the best episode of Voyager, because it was only about 45% Janeway & Voyager, and it was 65% Sulu and Excelsior.

But they kind of missed the ball on that one. George Takei is probably still game, but I question whether he's up to it anymore.
On the other hand...

They /could/ give us Captain DEMORA Sulu on the bridge of Excelsior.
>>
File: tumblr_m9itv20FdS1qbpar7o7_500.png (427KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9itv20FdS1qbpar7o7_500.png
427KB, 500x578px
>>49928710
>TFW he becomes the 'OLD MAN' of the crew.
>TFW pic related
I can imagine he would give one liners at times and do the layman translations at times. And every so offer give a short story now and then about how it was in his time. It would be fun when the shit hit the fan, he would come out of the wood work and have jury rigged something up that would make everyone do a double take BUT GODDAMN IT WOULD WORK AND GET THE JOB DONE! I love when Scotty would just wing it and hope for the best.
>>
>>49928819
The main issue I have with Scotty being a recurring on the ship is that I can't imagine Scotty not wanting to be down in engineering making the Ent-D his own. And if you don't let him do that, his reason for being on the show feels a little weak. That and even more than McCoy or Spock, he'd feel like anachronism on a Galaxy class. It would be bizarre for some of the technobabble of the week be solved with Scotty bursting in to engineering, sozzled out of his striped pants, screaming about how he's "SOLVED THE PRO'LEM WIT' DE WEE BAIRNS, FOUR EYES!" Funny as fuck, yes, but bizarre.

>They /could/ give us Captain DEMORA Sulu on the bridge of Excelsior.
I'd prefer we avoid someone previously referenced, if only to allow the new cast greater freedom. Also Demora took over the Enterprise B after Harriman.
>>
File: 1436126633624.jpg (68KB, 365x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436126633624.jpg
68KB, 365x500px
>>49927000
>>49926909
Moar Space Suit Dave plz. That was hilarious.
>>
>>49928882
>I can't imagine Scotty not wanting to be down in engineering making the Ent-D his own.
Remember, he's still got a century of technical shortfall to make up. So you'd always - ALWAYS - see him with a technical journal in his hands. The Enterprise-D isn't his to claim, anyway, it's Geordi's ship - after all, he didn't realize that they recrystallize Dilithium inside the chambers now.

But if he can offer the old-timer's perspective in a useful way, whilst catching up on his technical know-how in the company of folks who are his intellectual peers and KNOW that he's as smart as they are, he's just out-of-date, and so won't treat him like a noob, I think he'd find that a lot better than, say, heading back to San Fran for an engineering extension refresher at SFA.

And, of course, as the old guy, he'd know old systems better than anyone aboard.

>>49928882
>I'd prefer we avoid someone previously referenced, if only to allow the new cast greater freedom.
I'd prefer a Sulu in the big seat of Excelsior, to be honest.

>Also Demora took over the Enterprise B after Harriman.
Sure, but they decommissioned it when they commissioned the Enterprise-C, and we know that Rachel Garret got the E-C. They might have given Demora her daddy's ship instead, since she'd know Excelsior-class vessels better than practically anyone.

>>49928904
Sometime, anon, but right now I'm writing Kill la Kill fanfic. Because everybody needs a hobby, and mine appears to be torturing fictional teenagers.
>>
>>49928954
>I'd prefer a Sulu in the big seat of Excelsior, to be honest.
I meant a new ship entirely. More latitude means you don't have spergs wandering out of message boards bitching about ships not being where the show said they were. It'd also give them a chance to expand Starfleet's hull types in the era.
>>
Scotty seemed to have a different personality between TOS and the movies.

Movie Scotty never left engineering unless something horrible happened.

TOS Scotty spent 1/4 of his time as acting captain because the big 3 were playing Klingon grabass planetside and was very competent in the chair. He had a tendency to see through any ploy being used against him immediately.
>>
>>49928996
And while I can sort-of understand that desire, Anon, I've always wanted to see an Excelsior in play.

They're awesome ships, the start of the Starfleet tradition of the grand Explorer - heavily-armed, but still a generalist "We do what the Federation does" ship. The Connie was the prototype of the class, but it started as a heavy cruiser and later had mission creep. Excelsiors were the first real ones.

The class has more than just charm; it has grace and elegance, *gravitas* that the Ambassador and even Galaxy-classes were somewhat lacking in. Galaxies and Ambassadors seem kind of stunted front-to-back, there's a quality to Excelsiors and Constitutions that Enterprises never got back until the Sovereign-class E-E.

Even if you were going to set a show in the post-2375 era, DESU I'd still like to see Excelsior with a Sulu at the helm, the ship almost a hundred years old, several generations behind the design curve; but still a Starfleet vessel, a big one, a powerful one. Maybe no longer the biggest and most powerful in the Fleet, but... "She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she'll turn a head or two. If she flies as well as she looks, we may even survive!"

Plus, you could always have the cameo where Enterprise is in a spot of bother, and Excelsior's captain gives Engineering the order to fly her apart if necessary to get there in time to warp in and save the day, torpedo tubes blazing.
>>
>>49929119
Honestly my reason for no USS Excelsior is Sulu is boring, and I hate that they expanded his character. If anyone should have his own ship, it's Chekov in full SI mode. Anyway, the Excelsior class has had tons of appearances in later media, and really it's just... over done. I mean, yeah it's also the "not quite good enough ship" but like you said, it's over a century old by the time we see that.
>>
File: 1413303146177.jpg (23KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
1413303146177.jpg
23KB, 320x304px
>>49929165
>>
>>49929165
>Sulu is boring, and I hate that they expanded his character.

You irredeemable bastard. This is an offense that can only be resolved with bloodshed. Pistols at dawn or katana at sunset: I offer you the choice.

>Anyway, the Excelsior class has had tons of appearances in later media, and really it's just... over done. I mean, yeah it's also the "not quite good enough ship" but like you said, it's over a century old by the time we see that.

We see them a lot from the outside, but only very rarely from the inside. I'd like to see Excelsior when she's the old girl of the fleet; remember, she's outlived five Starships Enterprise. I would expect that Excelsior is the Federation's primary diplomatic envoy vessel, and carries the Flag when Starfleet is currently between Enterprises.

Hell, if you were to make a Star Trek: Excelsior, you could even set it with each season being set a decade after the other. Start with George Takei, silver-haired and all as Admiral Sulu, then pick up with Captain Demora Sulu being given the ship after he passes/retires/is finally forced to give up the bridge. We follow her for two seasons, then the ship goes to whomever had it during early-TNG, then late-TNG/Early DS9, then the Dominion War, when the entirety of Starfleet mobilized for war, and the class's claws came out again, old but sharp as ever. And hell, we've seen damn well that an Excelsior can give a Defiant - a dyed-in-the-wool warship - the business, so she's not weak by any stretch.
>>
File: 1291336715816.jpg (125KB, 291x304px) Image search: [Google]
1291336715816.jpg
125KB, 291x304px
>>49929202
>>49929223
I don't have a ST related reaction, so I'll go with pic related on the Sulu hate. I'm not saying its wrong to enjoy the character, I just found Sulu super boring after he went to the Excelsior. Couple that with my personal dislike of Takei, and you have a combination I just won't watch. But it's obvious I'm in the minority here, so I'll bow out.
>>
>>49929223
>an Excelsior can give a Defiant - a dyed-in-the-wool warship - the business

A modified Exelsior against a Defiant that was not going to hit back.
>>
>>49930042
The Defiant /was/ shooting back, please do recall. That was meant to be the "Holy fuck, wake the fuck up and take a look at what you're doing, you crazy Evil Admiral, you have a Starfleet vessel shooting at another Starfleet vessel!" moment.
>>
>>49930080
Fine, a Defiant that was hesitant to hit back and then pulled its punches.
>>
>>49930080
And at the end of the episode there were still 4 Founder operatives on Earth and all the additional security had been removed because adapting to a threat is bad for some reason.

Why is Starfleet so fucking stupid sometimes?
>>
>>49930446
They weren't stupid. Because in the end, said founder infiltrators got nothing done. Starfleet was still in a position to prepare for war, bring the Romulans into the war through deception, and expose high-level changeling ops such as the Gowron impersonator.

Anyway, in my Headcanon, the Evil Admirals all make sense. They're members of or sponsored by Section 31, based on their beliefs.
>>
>>49930446
Yes, because installing a police state and having armed Starfleet Security officers patrolling random streets in Nawlins is REALLY effective in preventing shapeshifters from fucking about at the highest levels of the military and government.

No, wait, that other thing, it was a naked power-grab and was dealt with as such.

>>49930471
>Anyway, in my Headcanon, the Evil Admirals all make sense. They're members of or sponsored by Section 31, based on their beliefs.
Oh, without question, those guys positively fucking reeked of Section 31. Another reason to have dealt with them.
>>
My theory is that there are actually no normal admirals left. They were either bought by section 31, taken over by a brain parasite, or killed and replaced with either a changeling or an Undine infiltrator.
>>
>>49930500
That...
That makes scarytown levels of sense, Anon. That would frighteningly well explain why it seems like Captains are the highest-ranked sensible people.
>>
>>49930471
>>49930483
>Evil Admirals aside
It really wouldn't hurt the UFP and Star Fleet to up gun their fleet and planetary defenses. The idea of starting an arms race with your neighbors is kind of moot at this point. Since you have shit like Borg and Undine (8472) knocking on your door. You would need to have much more firepower just to survive. I think the UFP having planet shields and orbital lasers for most of their primary members wouldn't be too over the top at this point. And putting star fleet bases on vital planets with enough protection to fight off a Borg should be mandatory at this point. Would this be too against the spirit of Star Trek or should have it been this from the beginning?
>>
>>49930580
It would be against Gene's vision, but the original author's vision is often out-of-sync with what's best for a setting.

Gene was a pacifist who saw violence as deplorable. But in a realistic world, turn-the-other-cheek only goes so far if the other guy is fully willing to smite the other cheek, too.

A far more realistic way to run the Federation is not to adhere to principles of nonviolence, of peace at any cost, but to principles of Non-AGGRESSION. Which is to say, that you hold that you will not use warfare as a means of claiming resources or territory; not that you refuse to use violence altogether as a means of getting your way, but that you reject tyrannical, usurious causes as being legitimate causes for which to use violence.

Which means that yes, having enough firepower on hand to reduce a Borg Tacticube to Borg Tactiscrap is entirely in keeping with the Federation's ethos, because seriously, fuck being assimilated.

As an aside, to be honest, I kind of like the Autonomist Alliance Points of Unity from Eclipse Phase.
> We demand autonomy, self-organization, and self-governance for all sapient beings.
> We support direct democracy and forms of organization where sapients collectively decide their own future.
> We promote mutual aid and reciprocating altruism between sapients.
> We affirm the right to engage in self-defense against oppression and coercive authority and stand in solidarity with sapients so attacked.
>>
>>49930500
Janeway's the only one left.

Think on that a bit.
>>
File: Starfleet fuck yeah!.jpg (21KB, 263x172px) Image search: [Google]
Starfleet fuck yeah!.jpg
21KB, 263x172px
>>49930665
Sure explains a lot.
>>
>>49930683
I kek'd audibly and now everyone on the bus thinks I'm a crazy person. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49930723
Well you must be crazy, why else would you be here?
>>
>>49930665
Her unpredictability has become her greatest strength.

>Undine infiltrator plan to ambush her on a routine inspection of Deep Space 3.
>she destroys the station because her helm officer convinces her that there might be a Borg conduit nearby

>Brain parasites infiltrate her crew and prepare to implant one of their bretheren in her
>She suddenly decides to help a pre-warp civilisation with their theta radiation problem.
>every parasite is killed by the excessive radiation exposure

>a changeling finally gets Janeway alone in a class-9 shuttle.
>She uses the shuttle to travel back in time and stop Harry Kim from making a pass at 7 of 9.
>the changeling ends up stranded in Vidiian space, a decade in the past

>Secton 31 approaches her with a plan to destroy the borg
>she calmly explains that future-Janeway from an alternate timeline has already infected her on-off borg lover with a pathogen that makes the borg go "all melty"
>Sloan-clone 12 quietly backs out of the room
>>
File: that_escalated_quickly.jpg (46KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
that_escalated_quickly.jpg
46KB, 480x270px
>>49930683
>>
>>49930683
I'd object on the grounds of user-generated content, but... Cryptic themselves produced that mission where you turned into a war criminal attacking a Romulan medical research lab on the orders of an OBVIOUSLY Evil Admiral and at no point were you given the option to say no and stop doing the obviously retarded evil thing.

And then they never actually followed-up and finished that plotline in some kind of way that might possibly have let you retain some tattered remnants of your soul, dignity, and morality. And of course, Section 31 fucking covered it up, because that's the kind of thing that gets even James T. Kirks and Jean-Luc Picards removed the fuck from command.

>>49930740
>>Sloan-clone 12 quietly backs out of the room
I top kekked, anon. Well played. Well played, Anon. Kudos.
There is now chicken-and-rice soup with unethical quantities of Valentina Extra-Hot Hot Sauce lodged in my nostrils.
>>
>>49930524
The "admirals" are farming the Federation for science and tech.

The neural parasites, the Undine, Roumulans pretending to be Vulcans, old ridgeless throwback Klingons, Founders, Liberated Borg Cooperative members and others. They all covertly ship their data back home thinking that they are the only ones doing this.

The nearest that Starfleet has to legitimate admirals left are the Section 31 infiltrators who at least have some legal standing be it ever so dubious.

Section 31 are also the only ones who actually know what all the admirals are and it's a full time job to keep all the others in the dark about each other lest they start to get ideas and Starfleet disintegrates from the top down.

They haven't done anything to undo the situation because now all the other major empires all have a vested interest in the Federations survival.
>>
>>49930748
Mind reminding me when that whole clinic burning happened?
Im having a bit of a memory loss on that one.
>>
>>49930779

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Divide_et_Impera

The MOST OBVIOUS EVIL ADMIRAL EVER makes you go to a Romulan starbase, claiming they're developing biological weapons. You beam down and begin shooting the peeps. At first it's Romulance security, but you don't find anything untoward in the crates, and have to press on, eventually you start phasering down random scientists and doctors who have been driven by fright to pick up disruptors and try to save their lives against your crazy advance.

In the end, you were manipulated from top to bottom, and it was SO PAINFULLY OBVIOUS but you could never do anything about it, and they never followed-up on it.

Then, apparently, they removed it from the game entirely. So, yay, only us oldies' characters are war criminals?

Fucking Cryptic.
>>
>>49930838
Oh yeah, we were sent to do this by the admiral who was an undine all along (and even after her revealing herself she just keeps on standing around at one starbase in her human form).

In universe explanation imo is either temporal shenanigans undoing it or Section 31 covered it up for us in exchange for our satellite repair services.
>>
>>49930869
God, those satellites are almost as faulty as that 1 shuttle on New Romulus.
>>
>>49930883
Well being the only shuttle on an entire planet (not in use of feddies or klinks) must cause plenty of wear and tear, especially when the area gets assaulted by swarms of voracious insects every quarter hour.
>>
>>49930901
it also probably doesn't help that the defacto response of the thousands of Admirals just tooling about on the surface is to burn the damaged component with a phaser of some kind
>>
Is dabo just Roulette? Or are there supposed to be more rules?
>>
>>49930995
It's like Domjot or whatever it's called. If you are trying to look for rules in it then you are putting more thought into it than the writers did.
>>
>>49930995
Dunno how it works in DS9 (doubt anyone does), while in STO it is three moving circles with markings on it and when ever you get three or two of a kind, whether it is color, number or shape, you win a bit.
Then if you get 2/3 or 3/3 of two or more you win a bit more.
And finally if you get 3 special marks, like Dabo, then you win big time.
>>
>>49931024
on the subject of STO dabo, who exactly is this leeta broad that has a holo at every dabo table and why is her mirror self king shit of mirror mountain?
>>
>>49931070
She was Rom's love interest in DS9. She was also one of Quarks dabo-girls. Mirror Leeta is just yet another micro-hitler in waiting.
>>
>>49930777
And Janeway. Don't forget Janeway.
>>
File: Admiral leetas psychosis part 1.jpg (99KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral leetas psychosis part 1.jpg
99KB, 800x655px
>>49931092
>In waiting

More like in full force.
>>
File: Admiral leetas psychosis part 2.jpg (94KB, 800x651px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral leetas psychosis part 2.jpg
94KB, 800x651px
>>49931127
2/2.
>>
>>49931127
To be fair, non-religious, sexually promiscuous Bajorans are pretty much the best thing about the Mirror universe so I'm willing to let some mild-to-moderate genocide go.
>>
>>49931117
The Section 31 operatives refuse to believe that she isn't working for someone else or is human.

They believe that nobody can be that bafflingly incompetent and insanely bloodthirsty at the same time and survive.
>>
>>49916803
A shapeshifter like Odo.

They say linking with another is better than sex only I can link with thousands of them at once.
>>
File: sto q mission.jpg (22KB, 344x172px) Image search: [Google]
sto q mission.jpg
22KB, 344x172px
>>49930838
Some of those old original missions were pretty crazy.
>>
File: STO Risa War Crimes.jpg (12KB, 347x125px) Image search: [Google]
STO Risa War Crimes.jpg
12KB, 347x125px
>>49931340
>>
File: STO Klingon Smarts2.jpg (15KB, 341x141px) Image search: [Google]
STO Klingon Smarts2.jpg
15KB, 341x141px
>>49931344
>>
>>49931289
No wonder they never leave their home planet.

>>49931349
kek
>>
Survey time: How much Trek have you seen/read/played?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11495382

I'm sure I forgot things. Please tell me how I fail as a trekkie in replies.
>>
>A Borg cube wanders into Dominion Space

Discuss?
>>
>>49931463
>the Dominion aggressively try to get the Borg to join them
>Borg assimilate a bunch of Jem Hadar and get addicted to the white shit
>Shenanigans ho
>>
>>49931463
No more sexy Vorta ladies telling us about how its their "first time". That's what happens.
>>
>>49931595
Where the sexy Horta ladies at?
>>
>>49931340
I'm still pissed they scrubbed that mission entirely. Only Cryptic would take "expansion" to mean "remove about a third of our content in favor of The One True Storyline".
>>
>>49931595
I'm still working on writing that story.
>>
File: Gorn Hula.jpg (799KB, 746x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Gorn Hula.jpg
799KB, 746x1050px
>>49931344
So they finally found evidence of my Risian vacation. Hrrrmmmmm~
>>
>>49931719
btw, apparently tomorrow they release some new ships and story content.
>>
>>49931743
Cardassians when?
>>
>>49932457
When a massive amount of Cardassians appear at one of their cons and they are running out of things to turn into money.
>>
>>49932489
>Photonic invaders from the 5th dimension it is, then.
>>
>>49932489
To be fair, the cardassian makeup is considerably harder than the makeup required to look like other species.
>>
File: me_late_at_night.jpg (51KB, 618x464px) Image search: [Google]
me_late_at_night.jpg
51KB, 618x464px
>>49931408
>the only thing we have all seen is the TNG movies
>i am still the only person who has read more than 5 star trek novels
At least I'm not the poor lone bastard who has played a tabletop RPG. j/k I would love to, I just move too often to even bother to get a gaming group together.
>>
>>49931408
>Selected every option
Fuck. And I didn't even like the new movies.
>>
>>49933509
>I would love to
As would I, but none of my gaming people get trek. At all. And ironically, though I work with an office full of trekkies (to the point where multiple offices are full of models/other merchandise) none of them seem to intersect with the RPG crowd.
>>
I'm going to start cataloging good ideas that /STG/ has, so that we don't end up losing them completely. Stuff like Dave "Innatubes" and that concept for a comedy series centering around a Romulan Warbird.
>>
>>49933770
Lt. Dave "Space Suit" Innatubes probably deserves a threadcapping.
>>
>>49925571
the traditional divine cuss for Romulans is "Elements"

>>49928757
so like the 2nd quarter of "Indistinguishable From Magic"?

>>49929119
"Where's Sulu?"

>>49930748
dude, that is literally the plot for (OG) "The New Link"

>>49931340
Yeah well q has been an irritating little turd since he nearly triggered galaxy wide Borg incursions because of his crush on Icheb

>>49932457
never, we might get them as a Micro-faction that gets 5 missions then picks Fed or KDF like roms do. but they've stuck half the canon Cardie designs in lockboxes which makes it difficult to do them without pissing a huge slice of the playerbase off
>>
>>49934065
They used to have most of the Romulan ships in lockboxes too, right?
>>
>>49934276
nope, just the Nerada-esque D'D and Dhael variants
>>
New Thread
>>49935123
New Thread
>>49935123
New Thread
>>49935123
>>
>>49935137
Awh shit, and I was gonna make a Space Suit Dave edition.
>>
>>49935167
I played a trick on you instead. You can make the next one senpai.
>>
>>49935257
It's my own fault, really. I got to the incest-teasing bit of the KLK fanfic I'm writing.
>>
File: vger02.jpg (327KB, 1112x713px) Image search: [Google]
vger02.jpg
327KB, 1112x713px
>>49916910
One thing I wanted to see was a Voyager getting more battered, beat up and festooned with alien tech as the series went on. The damned thing should have looked like a Starfleet version of the Millennium Falcon by the end of the series.

Of course the couldn't because they were still using a studio model for a lot of the shots and they used a lot of stock footage shots for flybys and establishing exterior shots of the ship in orbit and the like.

pic is a mild example. The modeler did the ship as he felt it should have appeared by season 2.
>>
>>49935378
Yeah Voyager was a series that came too soon. You can bet, if it had been written in a post BSG world, it would have been a lot more consistent.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.