[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The weapons have just been dropped right into your setting. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 21

File: Emerald_weapon_ffvii.png (152KB, 565x415px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald_weapon_ffvii.png
152KB, 565x415px
The weapons have just been dropped right into your setting. What happens and does whatever they go after survive?
>What will they go after.
The biggest threat to the planet at that time.
>>
But my setting has only stone age people, anon.
>>
>>49895167
So throg with his effective knapping techniques and thus better Spears is getting fucked UP
>>
>>49895167
Then in that case they're just going to go into cocoons and wait for one to come.
>>
Well there is a lich queen allied with an ancient dragon on an undead ridden craggy hell hole right now, so, probably that.

The lich and dragon will likely be fine.
>>
>>49895144
Damn, it was only a matter of time before something like turned up.
Bout time, really, those damn Vagrant Gods are getting way out of control and we need SOMETHING to mop up the rampant wildlife.
>>
>>49895235
>The lich and dragon will likely be fine.
lol
>>
File: tumblr_nvuwglZJej1ryzodko1_400.jpg (37KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvuwglZJej1ryzodko1_400.jpg
37KB, 400x268px
>>49895144
>Biggest threat to the planet

They cause a second War in Heaven and the already damaged pillars of creation snap under the metaphysical pressure of more god-corpses being piled on top of them.

The world snaps and shatters into hundreds of demiplanes like a pane of glass dropped into a car crusher.

Good work, weapons.
>>
>>49895144
Oh. More giant monsters come to destroy everything.
Nothing out of the ordinary there. These ones just have different names, but die a whole lot easier.
>>
>>49896818
>Not running the same system as you
>>
>>49897391
>>49897707
>Nuh-uh I'm the stronkest!
Lol
>>
>>49897888
Adeva game. The Weapons are just more Angels to fight, only they can be potentially beaten with massed conventional weapons (or a bunch of plucky adventurers) rather than needing AT dickery to fight.
>>
How powerful are these things? considering that the Sun is the most powerful thing in my setting, and is basically a giant version of the monsters that BTFO the physics-breaking precurser race I don't think it could do much.
>>
>>49897934
Adeva you mean like, Adeptus Evangelion?

Then nah, pretty sure Emerald and Ruby Weapon are canon far more powerful than even Giant Lilith Rei that's combined with Adam.

Unless you have something stronger than the strongest thing to come out of the series canon, then idk man.

Emerald and Ruby Weapon are a little beyond planetbusters.
>>
File: image.png (375KB, 1840x1650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
375KB, 1840x1650px
>>49895144
Ok.
>>
>>49898041
...since when are the Weapons supposed to be that strong?
>>
The wizard turned lich will teleport to it and either enslave or kill it.

Really, its too late now since the world has allowed him to reach critical mass and he pretty much does as he pleases.
>>
>>49898168
They have a million hit points and are meant to stop an apocalypse from another planetary body.

So since always?
>>
>>49898205
He would die instantly actually.

Considering Emerald does damage to you based on how much magic you have. He would probably do upwards of 9k hp worth of anti-magic damage as soon as he saw him.
>>
>>49898502
As if it even gets to react
>>
Well, the planet is actually disintregating into islands because the mana currencies that run over it havebeen corrupted by some godlike event. The nations on it are at war all the time tho, mostly petty shit over land and money. If something physical occurs to the place, an ancient race of undead space mayans will awake from their necropolis and start flying around in spaceships and everything will go to hell. Better part? Humans orcs and all the other races will not even understand wtf is going on they will just die in the comming batte of godlike scale. Wathever side wins, the mortals die.
>>
>>49898664
Tell me more abut your steel doughnut gary stu
>>
>>49898229
>They have a million hit points
Gameplay holds no relevance. Emerald and Ruby are equals of Diamond and Sapphire as far as story matters. They're city-busters.
>>
>>49898664
Of course it will, the OP has already decided that almost everything is going to autolose, because rather than being an actual question, it's 'I'm jerking off to my favorite game's enemies'
>>
>>49897934
>only they can be potentially beaten with massed conventional weapons (or a bunch of plucky adventurers) rather than needing AT dickery to fight.
I've never played Adeva, but so can Angels in Evangelion. Remember that time they nearly killed one by dropping some definitely-not-nukes on it? They only stopped because SEELE and Gendo's plans required the EVAs be what killed the Angels.
>>
File: 1476802258099.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476802258099.png
404KB, 853x480px
>>49895144
As FF is gay and only losers like it, they instantly self destruct.
>>
>>49897934
They would be about as dangerous as that spider one that had to drop it's AT field to take out the power.

A laughable non-enemy.
>>
>>49898799
Your typical wizard has unbeatable initiative when it reaches critical mass, turn it into a lich and you pretty much give it an indestructible body, pile on the ridiculous 3.P toolkit on that chassis and no amount of hit points and killing power will matter when the wizard chooses to make you its bitch.

Really, videogame powerlevels are nothing when compared to /tg/ big boys.
>B-but it deals 9999 damage if you have materia
Nigga wizards don't use materia, and will not engage it in the range where its attacks can even reach it.
>>
File: 1452398581674.jpg (66KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
1452398581674.jpg
66KB, 672x712px
>OP makes a shit thread just so he can wank about how cool ff7 is
>>
>>49895144
They die instantly because anime is stupid and I don't allow weeaboo shit in my games.
>>
>>49895144
FF7 us a low tier low power setting. Most likely a level 8 party will have no trouble putting them down.
>>
>>49898853
Some of them could be taken out that way. Some of them couldn't, especially some of the latter ones - they even attempted it on a few of them, without success. Sahaquiel shrugged off a shitload of them, IIRC, and Zeruel gives no shits about having them being point-blank detonated against its core, nevermind anywhere else.
>>
>>49898804
All the weapons are planet busters. They were designed to kill a planet buster after all. Not using "gameplay" the way you are making it out to be. Using gameplay will make particularly Ruby and Emerald even stronger since they can tank the most powerful summons in the game which do outright ridiculous things.
>>
>>49898964
They managed to damage Israfel, something which would have only been possible by peircing his AT-Field, which they did with just N2 mines, thus proving you don't need an AT-Field to pierce one, just enough firepower.
They just didn't have enough to deal with the AT-Field's of the latter Angel's.
>>
>>49899043
>All the weapons are planet busters. They were designed to kill a planet buster after all.
Not only a false equivalence (there's multiple WEAPONs to one Jenova), but a total inequivalence. They were made to deal with Jenova who is only a planet-scale threat as a matter of epidemic, not outright destruction. Jenova couldn't break the planet in two.
>>
>>49899092
Nigga have you seen the size of the meteor? They are designed to down shit like that.
>>
>>49898962
In what universe is FF7 a low power setting? We're talking about a world where people summon and/or fight (and defeat) incarnations of primal magical forces, not least of which being Bahamut ZERO who drops a fucking orbital laser on the enemy from outer space. The main villain summons a giant meteor that's powerful enough to wipe out all life on the planet, and one of his regular old in-battle attacks pulls a comet from across the galaxy that punches holes in planets before it impacts you. That's not even touching on the fact that these characters take on giant snakes, huge robots and the like all with sheer strength and basic magic abilities.

In a setting like that, the Weapons are superbosses, meaning they go *beyond* the typical power level of even boss level enemies. They'd be a huge threat even in a typical D&D/Pathfinder/Whatever-the-fuck-fantasy-setting game. Yeah, your wizard can cast some huge damage spell, but the Weapons can stand up to Knights of the Round x12 in one round (each casting dealing 129,987 damage roughly) for over 16 rounds straight. Even with a full party of max level casters, they'd run out of spell slots before they'd even make a *dent* in these things HP, and that's IF they survive the orbital lasers these things have built into their bodies and fire at point blank range.
>>
>>49895144
>Final fancy shows up
>Goes about of business of thinking its strong af
>One day it feels a mild tingling in what passes for its head
>The wizard's apprentice has now successful scried on it
>One minute latera wormhole opens right next to it and some horrible interdimensional creature pops out and tries to kill it
>It barely survives the fight, having to use its best abilities to hold the creature back
>Another wormhole opens and now a bunch more equally horrible interdimensional creatures with different abilities attacks it
>Some attacks are more potent than others, its basically on its last legs
>In the middle of this fight it feels an overwhelming presence begin to invade its mind
>It sees a tiny spec a great distance away as it begins to black out
>The horrible monsters drags it into a wormhole where time is just a concept
>The wizard opens his eyes and resume drinking his tea as he files this new acquisition into his one of many ledgers
Just another day in the life of mr god the 17th level wizard.
>>
>>49899138
... no, dude. Meteor is the product of the Black Materia, the ultimate superweapon of the Cetra. They can't fight against it at all.
Notice how they didn't.
>>
>>49899183
>It lives in a world where the only way to lose is by getting your hp shaved off one bit at a time.

Haha what a massive pleb you are.
>>
>>49899183
Obviously the animations are fake our the planet would be gone. Sorry, gay.
>>
>>49899183
>Wizards needing to be physically present to attack you
>Implying they aren't attacking you from their own private plane of existence
>Implying they'll target your hp instead of instantly erasing your existence
>Implying you'll even know when the fight starts
I bet you think wizards attack things with balls of fire amirite?
Us gamers amirite?
>>
>>49899255
The guy may be stretching his interpretation pretty far, but 8th level wizards can't do those things. The absolute minimum would be a 15th level ur-priest.
>>
>>49899202
>Notice how they didn't.
That's because the weapons aren't doing that they are going out of control just being crazy cuz of Sephiroth's plan because he knew they would've stopped it otherwise.
>>
I love crossboard threads like this.

Remember how butthurt berserkfags get when they /tg/ stats their self insert as a low level class with an inefficient build?
>>
>>49899311
You seem to be working on some bad info regarding FFVII. The WEAPONs could not have possibly stopped Meteor, nor were they out of control. They were doing exactly what they were programmed to do, search and destroy threats to the Planet.
However, they cannot damage Meteor, and they cannot find Sephiroth (who blinded the Planet to his presence with his great magical power), so they basically were on autopilot. They roam and attack threats as they perceive them. (Junon's Sister Ray, Midgar as a whole with its nine mako reactors, and airships in the case of Ultimate WEAPON)
>>
>>49895144

They might go after the giant construct dragon whose 'soul' was made by sacrificing countless living souls.

Or they might go after the cabal of wizards responsible for its creation.

Or the big hole in reality their castle floats around that constantly spews fully formed spells (in the form of floating, tangible runes) into the world.

Or they might cast themselves into the encroaching ether to fight the concept of nothingness itself.

I don't think it would go well for them.
>>
>>49899183
>Weapons can stand up to Knights of the Round x12 in one round for over 16 rounds straight

so what you're saying is the weapons can be beaten by a company of 200 knights in a single round
>>
>>49899183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuw6KBc6ie4
>It gets memed by a bunch of barbarians
>>
>>49899331
I think Guts would be some hybrid like Warblade 3/Barbarian 2. Not spectacular, but he can thrash an everyday level 2 fighter.
>>
>>49899363
That's what I am saying though. Sephiroth/Meteor would've been the first thing they would've stopped if they could've found them. It was part of Sephiroth's plan that they couldn't.

They definitely could've hit meteor considering their existence is "Jenova came on meteor and the instant the meteor landed, planet life died so next time take meteor out before it even hits"
>>
/tg/ was more fun when people followed the first rule of improv.
Someone posts a a prompt and you all just respond with no lol. I guess people don't enjoy talking about settings or what if scenarios anymore?
>>
>>49899381
Not that guy, but as long as those knights are all as strong as the Knights of the Round, who are based off of the Knights of the Round Table, then I don't see why they couldn't.
>>
>>49899461
So a bunch of level 2 knights?
>>
>>49899381

Well, you gotta take in account that the knights if the round, in this setting, are magical beings that are summoned to deal massive damage.

So, yes, they can be beaten by a company magically fueled, legendarily powered knights.

Hope you have 12 excaliburs just laying around and 12 chosen ones, plus 188 highly powerful magic knights at hand.
>>
>>49899446
>That's what I am saying though. Sephiroth/Meteor would've been the first thing they would've stopped if they could've found them. It was part of Sephiroth's plan that they couldn't.
They couldn't find Sephiroth, Meteor was shining in the sky the whole way. Ultimate WEAPON could've gone up and shot at it, but it wouldn't have been able to do a thing.
>They definitely could've hit meteor considering their existence is "Jenova came on meteor and the instant the meteor landed, planet life died so next time take meteor out before it even hits"
>Jenova came on meteor
Dude, what? No. Meteor, the spell, is the weapon of the Cetra, the Ancients, the people of the Planet. It has nothing to do with Jenova.
Jenova came on [A] meteor (that is to say, a falling space rock), but not [THE] Meteor (that is to say, the ultimate black magic).
And they weren't made to stop Jenova's vector of entry to begin with, just kill Jenova as it's active on the planet.
>>
>>49899493
So a dozen +1 swords? No problem.
>>
>>49899517
nah man, excalibur's at least a +2 sword
>>
>>49899255
They are immune to most forms of manipulation like shape manipulating, reversing gravity, stopping time, with the exception of slow.

Sheer gameplay mechanics render summons useless, too.

Enough reflect based stuff makes it an easy fight though.
>>
>>49899477
No, I mean ones between level 12-15

>>49899517
Excalibur is at least a Holy Avenger, but thanks for letting people know you aren't actually interested in discussion and only want to shitpost.
>>
>>49899526
We're going to stretch the daily budget a little bit then.

>>49899536
They seemed to take damage from spells just fine though.
>>
>>49899443
Man fuck this low level D&D bullshit. Levels don't work that way. Most people in Berserk are way higher than level 2. Unfortunately a lot of them just have NPC classes.
Like, mechanically the only people that are level 1 are children and utter novices. Level 2 is functioning adult. Adults that have specialized and do more than just be healthy probably have 3 levels. 90% of them have shitty NPC levels with weird mixes of commoner and other npc classes. Even level 4 random town people isn't that weird as far as the numbers are concerned. They're just all generally built like morons.
No even remotely competent soldier is going to be level 2. Very likely a lot of what makes up an army is something to the degree of Comoner 1/warrior 2/PC martial class 1 +- a level.
Guts's actual class layout depends on the specific system but hes likely around level 8, just probably poorly built. Poorly built as far as actual minmaxing goes but that's enough levels to pick a gimmick and do it well.
>>
>>49899538
As someone who played final fantasy 7 when it came out for the novelty of it, I'd say no. A level 12 barbarian can easily solo any weapon and kill it in a couple of rounds.
>>
I bet this fag thought that Aeris (or was it Aerith? you can never tell with these queers) dying was the height of drama too huh?
>>
>>49899568
>I'm gonna reinvent how levels work because I choose to
No dude. Most children are level 1 Commoners, becoming an adult isn't leveling up (you can generally take as much sword-to-the-heart as a child), it's retraining into level 1 Experts.
>>
>>49899536
Sure thing friendo, too bad an edgy kid with a giant sword seemed to kill it just fine though.
>>
File: 1328051549469.jpg (264KB, 893x707px) Image search: [Google]
1328051549469.jpg
264KB, 893x707px
>>49899452
this isn't an improv performance
>>
>>49899499
No, because the Weapons were, again designed to down any and all planetary threats before they hit the planet, and the plot talks of this.

In the earlier event where Jenova hit the planet with the meteor it was on, the instant it got on the planet it started infecting shit. The infection was quarantined. The weapons were designed to stop the threat from ever touching the planet or else an infection situation starts again.

This is also mentioned again with the big black materia meteor because the lifestream holy thing that did actually stop meteor got infected by Jenova. That's how Sephiroth comes back to life

The additions to lore based on the additional weapons added as superbosses in later releases of FF VII and the sequels to FF VII basically helped make everything in the FF VII series take a step up in power level.
>>
>>49899555
No they don't. If we are talking strictly Ruby and Emerald they sometimes absorb depending on element.

>>49899614
Using either lots of reflect gear, OP as fuck multi dimensional god-like knights, or literal luck (the 7777 trick.)
>>
>>49899608
You have a point about retraining which I admittedly didn't take into account. However try building your assumption of what people are based of what you can expect them to reasonably do.
Go ahead and take a level 1 anything and pit it against say small wildlife and vermin. Absolutely no one even remotely healthy that has even the crudest weapon available is going to do as bad as a D&D level 1 character. If combat isn't a good measure go ahead and take skill checks and compare those too. Or even better their chances against weather and environmental hazards. If D&D worlds were actually populated by level 1 characters they'd all be dead in a year, if that.

By convention everyone is a level 1 commoner because they're just bags of blood for your typical goblin or orc to massacre during the story. Honestly as far as statting out a nameless peasant NPC goes, you don't even need to give them class or real hp because that isn't their purpose. The issue comes from assuming the story and thematic statistics somehow correlate to an actual simulation or basis for statting out other characters.
Additionally if you really want to give them PC rules, the mundane life of a medieval peasant will pretty easily grant them enough exp to get to level 2. I'm not saying they'll get to level 2 farming goats in 2 hours like a PC does but given enough time facing various shitty challenges of life they'll get there.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (10KB, 180x227px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
10KB, 180x227px
>>49899452
Your prompt is gay.
>>
>>49899668
>Knights of the round
>Godlike
haha
>>
>>49899692

In the context of FFVII, as a summoned being.
>>
>>49899638
>No, because the Weapons were, again designed to down any and all planetary threats before they hit the planet, and the plot talks of this.
No, they were made to deal with Jenova, after Jenova was already defeated. They became defunct and so the Planet sealed them. Ifalna makes it very clear what they were for.
>In the earlier event where Jenova hit the planet with the meteor it was on, the instant it got on the planet it started infecting shit. The infection was quarantined. The weapons were designed to stop the threat from ever touching the planet or else an infection situation starts again.
No, they were made to DESTROY JENOVA. They weren't made to prevent another Jenova, or even deal with other circumstances (the Omega Weapon excluded since it's a retcon), though they are capable of being repurposed.
>This is also mentioned again with the big black materia meteor because the lifestream holy thing that did actually stop meteor got infected by Jenova. That's how Sephiroth comes back to life
Okay, that's a huge mess of a sentence. Sephiroth infected the lifestream as a final spiteful measure because he just died and he was blindingly furious about it. It has nothing to do with the black materia or WEAPON or the Planet or even the nature of Jenova (Jenova does not naturally seek out Lifestream).
>>
>>49899627
That is certainly an approach you can take.
If you just wait for good discussion to come to you and shit on anything you don't personally find interesting you'll never end up with a good board. The nature of the board is creative and improv is a close approximation of the kind of things that go on during traditional games. I don't see any reason why we can't extend a basic courtesy to a thread using the skills that we foster as role-players.
Even at worst, you can have a discussion about why something is bad instead of just saying no like most of the thread as done. I do see at least one person actually discussing the topic at hand but the rest of the responses just look like pompous masturbation about their settings .
>>
>>49899692
In FF7 they certainly are.

>>49898935
Materia = spells in ff7.

Ergo for every spell you have he deals 1k damage.

It's sad that's you're so creatively bankrupt that you can't even indulge hypothetical scenarios without jerking off to your OC.
>>
>>49899452
Your thread has pretty much bombed and I doubt a pleb like you will ever foster any respect here.

You really should just delete this thread and go back to lurking.
>>
>>49899778
Just because your videogame character needs rocks to make long range attacks of varying element doesn't mean people from other settings need to.

>Waa waa! why arent you taking my piece of shit character from my piece of shit setting seriously!
>>
>>49899574
>A level 12 barbarian can do 1 million points of damage in 2 rounds.
Show your work.
>>
>>49899574
>As someone who played final fantasy 7 when it came out for the novelty of it, I'd say no.
And as someone who has played D&D for years and completed FF VII multiple times, I say yes.
>A level 12 barbarian can easily solo any weapon and kill it in a couple of rounds.
No. Even if we lower the numbers for FF VII to make them more comparable to D&D, A level 12 Barbarian would still only be about as strong as a level 50 member of the party and it took 3/8 of them (depending on whether you're looking at gameplay story) at a higher level than that to beat Emerald and Ruby.

>>49899778
>Materia = spells in ff7.
But Materia can have multiple spells on them and he still only does 1k per material, not spell on those Materia. So spellcasters that don't use materia don't have anything to worry about.
>>
>>49899706
>No, they were made to deal with Jenova, after Jenova was already defeated. They became defunct and so the Planet sealed them. Ifalna makes it very clear what they were for.
No they were made to deal with planetary threats period despite being formed for the first time after the Jenova incident. They didn't get used cuz Cetra seal so they themselves got sealed.

>No, they were made to DESTROY JENOVA. They weren't made to prevent another Jenova, or even deal with other circumstances (the Omega Weapon excluded since it's a retcon), though they are capable of being repurposed.
Except they get reactivated RIGHT AFTER SEPHIROTH METEORS

Those were Jenova cells still. Point being that contact can lead to that type of infection, and weapons exist so that doesn't happen again. They woke after Sephy summoned that meteor after all.
>>
>>49899778
>Calls other people creatively bankrupt
>Thinks final fantasy is worth discussing
>>
>>49899798
Calm down.

I'm just applying the rules from the ff7 universe to both games.

You can still be the cool kid at the playground. Your character sounds super badass and cool.

>Waa waa! why arent you taking my piece of shit character from my piece of shit setting seriously!
This is also hilarious, because you're doing the exact same thing.

Where did sephiroth tough you.
>>
>>49899816
>Actually mad about goofy hypotheticals.
Go outside.
>>
>>49899811
>No they were made to deal with planetary threats period despite being formed for the first time after the Jenova incident
Ifalna says, explicitly, that they were made to deal with Jenova. They weren't made to prevent Jenova. They are the Planet's white blood cells, made to burn out the infection. They didn't get used because the Cetra had already sealed Jenova by the time they were completed.
>Except they get reactivated RIGHT AFTER SEPHIROTH METEORS
Because the Planet was freaking out and didn't know what to do. The Planet's only response to Meteor is Holy, and Holy wasn't able to function due to Sephiroth's will. So the Planet had a panic attack and pressed all the buttons, including "FIRE THE WEAPONS" button.
>>
>>49899830
>I'm just applying the rules from the ff7 universe to both games.
The rules from FF VII are that Emrald EWeapon does 1111 damage PER MATERIA, not per spell. We know that is the case because some materia can impart multiple spells, but no matter how many spells/techniques/stat boosts a materia grants you, it ALWAYS increases Emrald's Aire Tam Storm's damage by 1111.
So some who has 0 materia and gets there spells from another source would take 0 damage.
>>
>>49899879
In FF7 materia are spells. They're also abilities. More so spells.

So if you have a billion spells you get insta-gibbed.

Don't worry, it's just a hypothetical scenario and your big badass boss of the world is still the coolest thing going.

Don't worry.

>Actually triggered this bad because your OC may not be able to kill something without trying.
Your OC is shit by the way.
>>
>>49899879
D&D max level is 20
FF7 max level is 99

You can reasonably beat emerald weapon around level 80.
Emerald weapon is around CR 16 in D&D
>>
>OP posts a boss and implies another boss both known for their prowess gained purely in gameplay and not necessarily in story since they don't even exist on the original FF VII copies
>Everybody goes full whiny cuz muh so cool OC and doesn't want to entertain the numbers based discussion that is easily possible from both FF VII and their system of choice
Honestly I think OP just posted them so the cool responses would've been the creative ways you guys would've come up with to counter stuff like Ruby killing of all party members but one, the Emerald materia magic thing, Ruby's temporary invincibility, their general either immunity or almost immunity to many things, etc. all with the characters you have in your own universe.
>>
>>49899879
>>49899894
I think he has a point about materia. If for example you were porting Emerald weapon to some variant of 3.X D&D. It would make more sense for it to deal damage based of number of magic items rather than spells.
>>
>>49899911
I'm more perturbed by the fact that everyone has nuclear weapon wizards in their settings that kill everything in a fifty mile radius by blowing a fart through their nose.

Sounds super exciting.
>>
>>49895144
>go after the biggest threat to the planet
>they go after a parasitic corporation instead of the alien space cancer that is planning to blow up the world
>>
>>49899894
>In FF7 materia are spells.
No, Materia PROVIDE spells.
>Don't worry, it's just a hypothetical scenario and your big badass boss of the world is still the coolest thing going.
What the fuck are you talking about? FF VII would completely rape my current game world. But you are completely misrepresenting the way Aire Tam Storm works.
>>
>>49899943
Sephiroth was hiding the space cancer, so they were going after every threat they could find while attempting to hunt him down.
>>
>>49899917
>Magic items.
Even so, your average wizard would take multiple thousands of points of damage.

>>49899948
>In FF7 materia are spells.
>No, Materia PROVIDE spells.
It's literally the same thing in FF7 you raging autist.

Calm down.
>>
>>49899860
What? Summoning Holy was way after the weapons reactivate though what are you talking about?
>>
>>49899969
>It's literally the same thing in FF7 you raging autist.

>>49895144
>The weapons have just been dropped right into your setting.
This isn't FF VII, not everything plays by it's rules. Aire Tam Storm would not work the way you describe it to, and even if it did it wouldn't do thousands of damage because most games don't use numbers that high, that again is part of FF VII.
>>
>>49895144
>The biggest threat to the planet at that time.
The sentient incorpereal, ever approaching entropy of the world?

I'd really like to see it try.
>>
All this lore shit just reminds me how goddamn fucking hippie as fuck FF VII is. Hippie ass game.
>>
>>49900002
>Hippie ass game.
One of the main characters becomes an oil baron after the game is over.
>>
>>49899969
You really need to clam down. We're having an actual discussion like you wanted.
I also follow this >>49899995 anon's interpretation. Just blindly porting in emerald weapon based on FF7 numbers and video game mechanics would be a fucking tragedy and wouldn't translate well to most systems at all.
The weapon has a cool iconic ability and instead of talking about how it could be ported you just seem to want to make it clear that it would kill spellcasters?
>>
>>49899995
>>49900041
It plays by the rules it was designed and programmed under in it's own universe.

It just appears in your terrible OC.

>The weapon has a cool iconic ability and instead of talking about how it could be ported you just seem to want to make it clear that it would kill spellcasters?
Kill everyone actually.
Since it does damage based on magic and all your shit is magic mcguffins that pretty much means your setting ceases to exist.
>>
Nanoha magical girl game.

They'd likely do some serious damage until the navy gets involved. An Arc-En-Ciel causes stuff in it's area of effect to stop existing. It's a bit past 'Does damage' and was used in-series to destroy something that had destroyed multiple planets.

At least, if it lands on Mid-Childa. If it lands on Akhet, they'll hit it with Excalibur repeatedly until it dies. Took 3 shots when a demigod magic spirit was last involved.

Hyperion might be in a tad more trouble but if they are magically active in any way the could pump orbital K1 (Negates magic) railgun rounds into it until it runs out of power. Or it could go Rock-em Sock-Em Robots with the Gungrust War Golem currently the biggest threat to the planet.

Nanoha has a few too many ancient superweapons for a big single foe to like his day.
>>
>>49900041
>>49899995
Why don't you guys like proportion the numbers? Max HP at max level for FF VII characters is usually anywhere between 9000 and 9999. Use percentages from there based on how much Ruby/Emerald hit, and then apply those to other people's character of choice.
>>
>>49900002
VII is pretty much VI but with more hippie shit&pretty boys and worse characters, plot and graphics.
>>
>>49900097
Final fantasy 6 is a meme.
>>
>>49898229
In a setting where regular dudes can have about 10000. So they're about as resilient as a hundred of the toughest possible humans - not that absurd. Also, they're meant to stop humans or other ecological threats; stopping Meteor was out of their league, which was kind of the point.
>>
>>49895144
WEAPONs show up in Gaia.
>What'll they go after.
Probably Black Sun first, on account of the Necromancy. Maybe storm across Varja, wiping out Oni and portals to hell.
Those would be easy targets.
The Messengers, whose existences are supposedly a sign of the apocalypse, would definitely put up a fight, as they're ALL city-busters, including Tiamat, the Mother of Demons.
Those would give them a run for their money, definitely bring down Ultima and Diamond.
Rubles and Emery would do good so long as Omega doesn't get out of his prison inside the Yggdrasil tree. That happens, they're dropping fast, because Omega don't fuck around. They also would run into trouble going up against any of the Powers in the Shadow, namely Barnabus and his Jurgand Agents, and if they go after Loli Empress for any reason whatsoever, they're not getting past her bodyguard, who can literally bend reality in a split second to teleport by her side, or to Nothing Personnel somebody/something trying to kill her.
>>
>>49900075
Ok cool so it kills everyone and does exactly what it does in the game with no numbers changed. Great. Fantastic.

So it turns out OP is indeed a faggot and we can go talk about this without him.

So anyway, >>49900085 , as I was saying earlier I think it would be neat if it triggered off magic items or otherwise magic/ability granting objects. I think Percentages would be really cool but I don't think most systems have hp equivalents that function in a fashion where you could do that easily.
If it was D&D for example, you can get a very similar idea if you make it do CON damage.
>>
>>49900118
>Regular dudes
Cloud is the clone of a god.
Red isn't human.
Neither is the cat.
Vincent is some kind of demon thing.
Barrett is Black.

All imbued with super rock magic.
Backed by legendary magical monsters.

>Regular dudes

So they're probably tougher than the toughest possible humans..
>>
>>49900157
>Triggered
I'm not even OP.

Calm down chum.

Your OC is still super awesome.
>>
>>49900158
The Turks are regular dudes and they can take them on
>>
>>49900158
>Cloud is the clone of a god.
No he isn't, where the fuck did you get that from?
>Red isn't human.
>Neither is the cat.
Red is the cat
>Vincent is some kind of demon thing.
He can TRANSFORM into some kind of demon thing, there is a big difference.
>Barrett is Black.
Okay that's true, but 1/5 is 20% and that's still an F.
>>
>>49900170
The Turks take them on at level 20.

And they get their asses handed to them.
>>
>>49900182
>cat
Cait sith robot numbnuts

>Some kinda demon.
>No he transforms! So much different!
Same thing retard. Is a werewolf not a werewolf in human form? Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>49899989
You are again way off the mark in regards to FFVII's story.
Aerith casted Holy in the city of the Ancients. It was her very last act, Sephiroth was not in time to stop her. (The White Materia was glowing as she died)
Sephiroth immediately set about counteracting Holy because he cannot un-cast it, he could only throttle it with its magical power, preventing it from taking hold.
>>
>>49900208
>Are you actually retarded?
Wouldn't a person have to be, to post in this thread? I'm conceding the obvious retort, obviously.
>>
>>49900157
Well how many wounds does the average character have in a wounds system when they are decently high level? 8? 9? I know wounds systems tend to have characters with lower HPs, but that's often in stuff like White Wolf systems' street level characters who shouldn't be having the durability to face Ruby/Emerald anyway while say...White Wolf's Mage system which very high powered characters that should find the challenge presented by OP to be pretty easy.

Idk if the other guy is the OP, but I would partly agree that OP should've laid down some more rules so this whole thread wouldn't have been such a clusterfuck.
>>
File: this thread right now.gif (912KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
this thread right now.gif
912KB, 500x281px
Is /tg/ o.k. tonight?
>>
Translated over to its equivalent stats and mechanics of the game, they would be absolute powerhouses, dealing massive amounts of magical and physical damage, while having ludicrous health.

But, provided the game allows the players potential, they can be overcome, like any other epic fight. It'd just be a pretty big fight.
>>
>>49900222
>Get lit up.
>Immediately drop it because your ass is burnt.
>Getting in a huff instead of having fun.
I feel sorry for you.

>>49900232
>Idk if the other guy is the OP, but I would partly agree that OP should've laid down some more rules so this whole thread wouldn't have been such a clusterfuck.
>Needs to make a list of rules so he can make sure his OC wins.
Just say you win if you're so invested in winning a hypothetical argument about imaginary universes.

I mean seriously.
>>
>>49900216
Yeah, so weapons still reactivate before Holy does since Sephiroth was holding it back.
>>
>>49900246
Is there no challenge your players can't overcome through force?
Sounds like a pretty boring setting desu.
>>
>>49900260
>Just say you win if you're so invested in winning a hypothetical argument about imaginary universes.
Wait what? Nah I am not the other guy I was just giving a suggestion as to how this topic goes without people getting into pointless arguments with each other. Like crunch down numbers and stuff. The whole topic only works if we have SOME level of investment in hypothetical imaginary universes. For fucks sake this is /tg/ Otherwise we just get pointless arguing.
>>
>>49900273
Yes, because, as I said, the planet freaked. Its thought process was basically
>shit, Holy isn't working
>shit, Meteor!
>what do I do
>WEAPONS GO
>LIFESTREAM
>WAIT THIS SHIT DOESN'T MOVE WITHOUT HOLY
>SHIT
The Planet is alive, but it's not like it's rational.
>>
>all of a sudden, most people on /tg/ play on games, where their adventuring party is taking on planet eater, continent sinkers, where even the goblins have nuke for hands.

I mean, I don't like power wanking based ____ lands in your world, but godamn.
>>
>>49900365
I bet a lot of these characters are furries, half-fey kitsune spirit cocks or half-walruses or demi-dragonlichwaifu/vampire/celestial/flail snail as well.

That seems to be the new big thing here.
>>
>>49900279
Well, they were defeatable in their original setting, so provided your setting can accommodate a similar power level, then they can be beaten.

A normal adventuring party would be nothing. Epic-level characters with high magic could take it on.
>>
>>49900238
FF7 was a hell of a drug, even within its own franchise.
>>
Alright, screw it. Let's battle forum up this shit. Let's fight cancer with cancer, since this thread became a powerwanking thing to begin with. The emerald weapon's destructive capabilities.

It's stronger than the Knights of the Round table, who, at a BARE MINIMUM, with only its shockwave, has the ability to destroy a dimension. At a BARE MINIMUM, the size of it, is atleast enough to hold ONE planet.(Bahamut's is roughly the size of a planet, and then some.) Alright? Got it, however, it's likely much larger than that.

The weapons are superior to the knights, and able to TANK that level of attack, aswell as dish out similar levels of attacks.

https://youtu.be/4Sq1wDJwJg0

A weaker summon's dimension, as an example.

For speed? They're superior/equal to Bahamut Fury, who was able to make it to Earth, from the asteroid belt, from another PLANET...In a few seconds. You can low-ball it to a few minutes, to a few hours, and even to just escape velocity. Which means, it's still several times faster than the speed of sound.

/web/20160218064052/https://youtu.be/w8VwaEv3z1M

Anyway, have fun OBD- I mean /tg/
>>
>>49900365
>>49900399
You can only play dirt peasant so much until you realize that you sat down on the table to have fun.
>>
>>49900413
As easy as killing the Terrasque.
>>
>>49900528
>People need to powerwank in order to have fun.
wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>49900531
I'd say in a way slightly easier, since when they die, they stay dead, and I'm not sure if they regenerate as quickly. But it would be comparable in scale of difficulty.
>>
>>49900531
This, they're basically Kaiju sent by the Planet to kill stuff that threatens it. With a focus on eradicating Jenova-infected lifeforms.

They're strong, probably epic by D&D standards but they're not invincible.
>>
>>49900531
So extremely easy?
>>
>>49895144

Okay. sooooo....

First of all, I thought the whole point of the Weapons was that they purged all life from the planet? That's why they were dangerous monsters that would attack you if you went near them. They were big walking exterminatus'.

Also, while weapons are built up to be super powerful jerks and have some devastating looking powers, this is a game in which the beginner enemies are trained soldiers who unload full clips of automatic weapons fire into the MCs to deal around 32 damage.

Nonetheless, assuming they are as apocalyptically powerful in my setting as they are in FF7, AND assuming they're only targeting the strongest entity on my setting, AND assuming all of them are on my setting, AND assuming they are not of my world and thus are not subject to the immediate will of my gods, then...

Fuck who knows. The strongest thing in my setting is a Primeval God who is the mad creator of all the lesser Gods. So the WEAPONS are fighting a being with the ability to unmake and transmute all things as he sees fit. So they probably don't fair well?

That being said, in SHADOWRUN, that is a much more fun question. Presumably they all go after Llofwyr or whatever is currently happening with that Eliohann jerk.

Also here's what happens when Damien Knight decides to mess with the Weapons.

https://youtu.be/mZBFBB2-W6Q?t=3m56s
>>
>>49900354
Looks like the other anon fucked off, so I'm just here to say you're right, and the more reasonable participant in this conversation.
Jesus that was painful to read.
>>
File: 1459208572489.jpg (1MB, 1273x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1459208572489.jpg
1MB, 1273x1123px
>>49900904
Thank you anon for validating my wasted life memorizing the details of FFVII's setting and story.
>>
This is legitimately the most autistic thread I've read in a while, and that's just based on skimming the arguments and seeing the guy jerking off the WEAPONs as the strongest thing in any setting.
I know it's a vocal minority, but it doesn't inspire confidence in /tg/'s userbase.
>>
>>49900958
What's worse.

A super weapon being super?

Or your half fae-kitsune demilich wizard walrus being able to kill said super weapons without actually doing anything?

The fact that you weigh-in in favour of doughnut steel powerwank doesn't inspire confidence in /tg/'s userbase.

>The most autistic thread.
>On the 40k board
wew lad
>>
>>49900958
I could deal with that, one guy dosen't make a difference. However, it seems most of /tg/ has settings where the average player can fart away galaxies, and it has more in common with a silver age superman book, than any other fantasy. This always happens in these type of threads.
>>
>>49900985
Oh God it's back
>>
>>49901016
Answer the question instead of deflecting.

Be an adult.
>>
>>49900985
You're the guy I'm talking about, aren't you? Your overwritten post kind of seals it.

>>49900996
True, the other side isn't much better, but at least they don't overcommit to arguments in the same way that we're seeing from this guy.
>>
>>49901035
Are you still mad your super wizard would get ganked?
>Just say you win if you're so invested in winning a hypothetical argument about imaginary universes.
>>
>>49900996
I don't think those are "average players" sof much as explaining what a full munchkin PC is capable of doing in those settings. And how they are easily capable of dealing with a giant monster like the Weapons. It's just theorycraft.
>>
>>49901054
Nope, I just started posting right at the end here. I was reading the thread and realized how painful reading your posts was, so I decided to comment.

I know you're gonna make it seem like I was one of the people having an argument with you, but that's not the case. I just think you're a sperg and wanted to laugh at you.
>>
>>49901078
kek
So you're just here to whine?

Way to prove a point captain intellectual.
>>
>>49901102
Did I bruise your ego?
>>
>>49901032
What's the question? The Weapons are Kaiju. Lots of systems and settings have similar creatures in them for the PCs to fight, so it's not unreasonable to expect them to be defeatable.

Even in their own setting they got taken down by either a really big laser cannon or a high level group of adventurers. Why would it be different elsewhere?
>>
>>49901107
You literally said you're here to cry.

Why would I care about anything you have to say?

Top lol my man.

>I know you're gonna make it seem like I was one of the people having an argument with you,
Are you mad because I didn't do this?

Calm down.
>>49901110
>What's worse.
Is a question; You can choose between
Option A:
>A super weapon being super?
Option B
>Or your half fae-kitsune demilich wizard walrus being able to kill said super weapons without actually doing anything?
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>49901126
False.
>>
>>49901136
>Anime reaction image.
You can just say you have /a/utism. I won't hold it against you buddy.
>>
>>49901126
That's a stupid question. Superweapons can be super and still beatable. No special snowflake characters required.
>>
File: Neue-ziel-morishita.jpg (570KB, 1188x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Neue-ziel-morishita.jpg
570KB, 1188x1073px
What, that's just the Neue Ziel from 0083 Gundam.
>>
>>49901068
I mean, but what fun is that? It isn't even doing it in creative ways, or at the very least calcing basic damage. Tt's really generic 'my wizgar summons Cthulu' or 'I open a portal to da nether realm'. Or 'I cut through da dimenzion."
>>
>>49901150
A or B?

It's that simple.

Stop deflecting and redirecting. It's pathetic.
>>
>37 posters

>158 replies
>>
>>49901177
Is this thread worth that amount of effort? We're just bored anons poking the troll for fun.
>>
>>49901187
Not that anon, but you should probably read up on what a false dichotomy is. You're just unabashedly posting fallacies now.
>>
>>49901201
>To shook to reply directly.
>Implying you're not the one being poked.
You really need to apply yourself desu famalamadingdong
>>
>>49901204
You don't know what a fallacy is do you.

Embarrassing.
>>
>>49901221
Top quality bait, onii-chan. I'll stop teasing you now.
Have a good one <3
>>
>>49901110

Yeah, he seems to be really overstating it. They are powerful, yeah but it's not like FF7 the only high power setting about.

Stuff like >>49900084 or even a high level D&D party seems pretty reasonable to take them on considering two of them got killed by a Mako cannon and high level wizards throw about Meteors all the time.
>>
>>49901234
If you call this low test banter teasing you must be a newfag.
>>
>>49901201
Meh, it just happens every thread, that involves any character coming to any universe.
>>
>>49901238
Emerald is supposed to be the strongest of them all.

So it's reasonable to assume he's stronger than White.
>>
>>49901239
Willing to bet I've been here longer than you, but I said I'd leave so I'm leaving. Please stop using such weak bait.
Last post, for real.
>>
>>49901238
I mean, it could destroy multiple cities with its cannon, and the weapons took two. I'd say most /tg/ players don't get to that level. Frankly, I'd say, most people who didn't have a campaign of that caliber didn't respond to this thread at all. Which'd explain the high ratio of overpowered, world busters vs average party who thinks dragons are still a threat.
>>
>>49901265
>Literally can't help himself.
Low test newfags >>>out

>>49901294
Most people seem to play increasingly high powered fantasy these days.

Just look at all the people that think playing as Human is a crime.
>>
>>49901338
Really? Most of the people in my area are either playing low-mid level 3.5/pf or one of the whitewolf "Noun the Verb" games.
>>
>>49901394
I'd argue nounverd is high powered enough to fall into the category.

Everyone here plays the abortion of a game that is Shadowrun. So it's all gay talking dragons and other dumb shit.
>>
>>49900075
Well if you want to be a faggot OP then fine. They get droppedinto Creation and a single Solar Exalted solo's them all with a bronze sword he found lying around the place.

They get dropped into the world of darkness and caine eats them

They come across the lady of pain while travelling through the space between realities and cease to have ever been.

They anger the gods in Scion and are beaten down by a bunch of literally untouchable demigods

Happy? Oh and for fuck's sake, don't go on about how they work exactly like in FF7, numbers and all and then claim Aire Tam Storm works off spells not materia.
>>
>>49901468
Calm down.
>>
>>49901436
NPCS in Nounverb are, but PCs rarely reach that level of power.

And I think Shadowrun would fare pretty badly against a Weapon. Yeah they could kill them, but not without huge collateral damage.
>>
>>49899255
Alright, let's get started with this one. Most spells that can kill or save, require saves. With Reflex, they're capable of reacting to attacks that're massively hypersonic, to near light speed at a bare minimum. They'd likely be counted as constructs, so fortitude saves won't work, and even if they did...Uh. Well, They can take attacks that wipe out cities, and turn them into craters, so they'd probably have high ass fortitude aswell.

Also, uh...I can't think of a spell that'd do much of anything to this creature if you're attacking them FROM the dimension. Even teleporting in, and teleporting out is a bad idea, since they can travel, once again several times the speed of sound, as a minimum. I mean...I don't see a wizard not getting ragdolled by something that moves that fast, and can hit pretty fucking hard too.
>>
>>49895144
If they attack Hell, they wander hell forever kicking demon ass as they do not possess the capabilities to permanently defeat hell.

If they attack Heaven, they would probably eventually wipe heaven out through attrition.

They could stop the out world invasion.

If they decide Rathma is the biggest threat then they get pelted with undead and robots while they high council repeatedly casts unname until it works.

This is assuming they can fly or reach across dimensional barriers on their own other wise the take out one island or continent then get stuck in hell forever.
>>
>>49898809
>Of course it will, the OP has already decided that almost everything is going to autolose
Nigger where in the OP does it say that?
>>
File: 617med.jpg (57KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
617med.jpg
57KB, 250x269px
>see FFVII thread
>decide to check it out
>all this autism
>this style of prose
Bloody hell, did Virt or Prophet come back or something
>>
>>49901615

What attacks do they react to that are massively hypersonic? As I recall one of them getting it's head blown off by an immobile gun.
>>
>>49901708
>If they attack Hell, they wander hell forever kicking demon ass as they do not possess the capabilities to permanently defeat hell.
Why does this mental image amuse me so much

>"Ok, Demon Lord, the army is assembled and the portal is ready."
>"Very well, open the rift and invade the earth"
>*Boom* Emerald turn up and blow up the portal and army
>"For Satan's sake, this is the seventh time that thing has done that! Arg, I hate the earth so much for sending this shit into my domain!"
>>
>>49902693
>can't handle banter

>>49902710
that appeared to be an eye for an eye. it stands and shoots his weapons to kill the prez
>>
>>49900843
>SHADOWRUN
I'd say it depends on if Materia=mana or not.
Besides, wouldn't they go after insect spirits long before Lofwry?
>>
>>49902755

I meant Sapphire, not Diamond (Which mutual kills)
>>
>>49895144

Currently playing an Exalted game, the Dawn cast martial artist in our party could probably solo kill a weapon.
>>
>>49902777
my b

yea sapphire gets hosed
>>
>>49899183
A wizard that wins by doing damage is a bad wizard. You and your extraplanar weaboo shit are banished.

Not even metaphorically. Aint even using a ninth level spell here. They get banished.
>>
>>49899300
12th level conjurer yo. A little bit of optimization in diplomacy, some points in profession; transplanar lawyering...

How much HP did you say they have?
Hectopeasant, except the peasants are all Mirror Elementals.

We do not exist within the constraints of your frail existence.
>>
>>49899074
>just enough firepower.
N2 mines work on space magic that causes them to have a fallout radiation similar to a AT field.
The fact they only damage the angel with the weakest AT Field speaks volumes about how they are a failure in every way.

If they had another few decades they might have been able to develop N2 mines to the point where they could maybe work against stronger angels.
But the entire point of EVA is that SCHEELE, NERV, AUGE and all the parts conspire to keep only the EVA's technologically developed, so that they have a way to form Instrumentality.
There is a reason EVA ends with a Civil War, where the gambit is to get the God Mechs to try to force ascension.
>>
>>49899680
>>49899568
That speaks more to the volume of the fact D&D is populated by Super Wildlife.

Remember: GIANT RATS, not Rats.
Wolf packs lead by Dire Wolves.
A setting where a Housecat IS the mini Tiger, because it can actually hunt said Giant Rats.
Its by the same virtue that Firearms would deal 1d3 and 1d2 damage PER BULLET, with a Con save to not go into shock and bleed to death.
>>
They are near unkillable city breaker level avatars of the planet. So basically they are Terrasques then with some slight adjustments each.
>>
>>49902953
>A wizard that wins by doing damage is a bad wizard. You and your extraplanar weaboo shit are banished.
So wizards in your setting are so overpowered they can defeat bbegs by farting in their general direction?
How interesting. And by interesting this sounds like a damn playground fight.
>>
>>49903755
>Constantly point out that his weapon is immune to everything because of everything proof shield
>People point out simple basic tool commonly used against such threats
>Nuh uh, using that tool is totally boring, you should only defeat my character using the tools that they're strong against
The irony, you literally remind me of that butthurt kid that bitched when people said a wizard could beat Kakashi
>>
>>49900531

Not that conparable. While they stay dead when killed, the amoubt if damage thry inflict us several orders of magnitude worse. The tarrasque is an issue because the usual suspects for its rampages are honestly nit that magical nor above Renaissance era technology, while FF7 is clearly deep into uts cups with Cyberpunk and magitech and outright magic.

Like Shadowrun if the PCs were heroic and more like dnd characters in power level.

So one is more like an occassional natural disaster that fucks off back to sleep but never truly goes away, the other is less resilient but more like once an eon walking extinction event.
>>
File: 1456884796835.jpg (51KB, 281x389px) Image search: [Google]
1456884796835.jpg
51KB, 281x389px
>>49895167
then those cavemen are fucking dead, son
>>
>>49904446

>smug lol whore

Okay anon, you better pony up with that source
>>
>>49904504
Just look up "Hirame sensei - Jinx" on g.e-hentai. It's a pretty good doujin.
>>
Are they planet locked?
>>
File: L3-AutismAward.jpg (75KB, 1033x775px) Image search: [Google]
L3-AutismAward.jpg
75KB, 1033x775px
I want to give this guy losing his shit over people saying his precious superweapons are defeatable an award. This is the most entertaining thread on /tg/ in weeks.
>>
>>49899452
/tg/ was certainly better when OP didn't think he could dictate where the thread would go.
>>
File: 1449797954438.png (296KB, 514x390px) Image search: [Google]
1449797954438.png
296KB, 514x390px
>>49904548
Hirame is love. Very lewd kind of love.
>>
>>49895144
Hrm...
>13th Age Game
Well, they will put up a good fight. Escalation die is fun stuff.

>FFd6 Game
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Red Mage and Engineer DPS, Paladin tanks, White Mage keeps everyone alive easily.
>Vampire the Masquerade
One Lasombra is possessed by his Antediluvian right now, so that might be helpfu. But probably end of the world.
>>
>>49904589
His ahegaos are works of art, truly.
>>
>>49899452
Go fuck a live lamp socket.
>>
File: Knowledge (Forbidden Lore) +10.jpg (2MB, 800x6452px) Image search: [Google]
Knowledge (Forbidden Lore) +10.jpg
2MB, 800x6452px
>>49904626
All ahegaos are work of art!
>>
File: Atropus.jpg (26KB, 225x281px) Image search: [Google]
Atropus.jpg
26KB, 225x281px
>>49899452
My question to you, OP, and the autistic piece of shit crying that anyone being able to beat the weapons somehow makes them OP mary sues, is this:

What makes you think that, among all the crazy stupid epic level bullshit and cosmic threats to the multiverse, that FF7's Weapons are somehow the be-all, end-all of world ending monsters?
>>
>>49898229
>meant to stop an apocalypse from another planetary body
And yet they can be killed by a band of three plucky young adventurers.
>>
>>49904642
That is also true. And when it comes to Hirame, that quality extends to the rest of his art, too.
>>
>>49904695
>And yet they can be killed by a band of three plucky young adventurers.
This is especially funny when you consider that this shithead >>49903755 keeps acting like every other setting doing the same thing is badwrong.
>>
>>49904726
Again, OP decided that what he was jerking off was Best Ever Cannot Be Defeated and thus anything that COULD potentially do so was badwrong or just Nuhuh They're Actually Stronger
>>
>>49899917
Or maybe certain material components/focus items. (Probably moreso focus items)
>>
>>49904695
>And yet they can be killed by a band of three plucky young adventurers.
>FF7 party.
>Regular people in anyway.
>>
>>49905147

Since when are plucky young adventurers normal people?
>>
File: 1470570250923.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470570250923.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>49900151
>can literally bend reality in a split second to teleport by her side, or to Nothing Personnel somebody/something trying to kill her
>fighting someone who is that stronk
how are you going to put that asshole down?
>>
>>49904642
>brain tentacles
holy fuck, sos?
>>
>>49906080
Did you read the small print?
>>
>>49906104
yup, and i found it, i was just worried i would have to do a lot of sifting.
>>
>>49906262
Let this be a lesson to you - always read the small print.
>>
>>49895144
>Nearly-Omnipotent being that turns the people mad and butchers the sane

Couldn't they come about a week earlier when he was still just a guy named Paul?
>>
File: oppai piggu.png (236KB, 615x870px) Image search: [Google]
oppai piggu.png
236KB, 615x870px
>>49906298
tee bee eitch i read the print, i just didn't know if i could find it reasonably quickly, since i don't feel like sifting through all his black and white works. thank god too, because alot of his stuff doesn't tickle my pickle.
>>
>>49902710
Well, one...guns that's fired, typically fire at beyond the speed of sound. Actually, scratch that, it's practically a requirement for guns to shoot at the speed of sound, with even the most basic of weapons.

They're, at the very least stronger than Bahamut Fury in all abilities, where he's shown to be able to reach escape velocity, and then some, as in he reaches the asteroid belt, and back, at its SLOWEST a few minutes, which still places it at speeds, approaching light speed, and then some.
>>
>>49906890
>They're, at the very least stronger than Bahamut Fury in all abilities, where he's shown to be able to reach escape velocity, and then some, as in he reaches the asteroid belt, and back, at its SLOWEST a few minutes, which still places it at speeds, approaching light speed, and then some.
Where the hell did you get that from? What do you have to compare them with?
>>
>>49907310
https://youtu.be/w8VwaEv3z1M Bahamut? Zack was able to beat it(while not at his strongest), and the weapons were too strong for the protaganists, who were much stronger than Zack.
>>
>>49907358
So in short, Final Fantasy power levels are bullshit.
If the weapons are so OP that they make Bahamut Fury, a bloke who judging from that video can put the Death Star to shame why was Sapphire such a push over?
>>
>>49907394
Because it got hit by a cannon, that has the power to destroy cities, and it got hit in the 'face'? Considering another one required TWO shots to kill it...yeah, they're OP'd as shit.
>>
>>49907394
Because the summons aren't actually destroying moons or planets or whatever every time they use their attacks. They're magical effects that show the impression of how strong they are. Otherwise there are an infinite number of moons orbitting the planet, while also only one moon (that is never destroyed).
Same thing goes for Sephiroth's Supernova attack.
Really, they're there because they are Fancy Animations That Make The Players Go Wow rather than any form of in-game power level.
>>
>>49907515
>Really, they're there because they are Fancy Animations That Make The Players Go Wow rather than any form of in-game power level.
Thank fucking god too, because FF8's Eden took it way too far.

It turns earth into a rail gun that shoots your enemies into another galaxy that explodes.
>>
>>49907545
And then conveniently gets launched from that exploding galaxy only to land back on the same battlefield before dying unless it was one of the things that could actually survive a max-boosted Eden, in which case it lands after its magical intergalactic explosion journey ready to keep fighting you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Nqt0B3MHQ
>>
>>49907515
So that's a in lore explanation or is that a headcannon?
>>
>>49907738
It's head canon, summons are mostly game mechanics, however....Bahamut in that video is in a cutscene, which tend to be canon.
>>
>>49907771
So that would make summons kinda cannon?
If that's the case I'd love to know what's going through your typical bandits mind if you use Eden on him.
>>
>>49907771
That is the animation that plays when you use it as a summon, not a plot cutscene (and IIRC it can use that attack on you when you fight it as well). It blows up the moon repeatedly, yet the moon is still there.
And it's from the prequel game, which is why it's as fancy looking as it is.
>>
>>49905991
By getting strong enough to take him on head to head. Ideally around lvl 15ish. Which is equivalent to 30ish in D&D/PF.
Or just by not fucking with him or Loli Empress to begin with. She's trying to hold an empire together, but being only 13, as well as the first Empress, AS WELL AS accidentally alienating half the population of an almost-entirely Catholic Empire by saying other religions are acceptable as long as they're good people, kinda makes things difficult.

The bodyguard could honestly care less if the world descends into madness, so long as she's safe from his ultimate naytheist former boss, who's intrigued as fuck as to how Empress is still alive when she was fated to be killed by her father, which proves Fate can be denied, which means the Fates and Gods can be killed.
>>
>>49895144
Im currently running a DC universe M&M game set during the time after Doomsday killed Superman. Right now the biggest threat to the planet are PL 14~16 supervillains.

The villain archetype that best fits the Weapons would be the Space Dragon from the cosmic handbook (PL 16) so they'll do pretty well against most of the supers they face with only things like Brainiacs Bioshell or groups of heroes/villains posing a threat.

They would certainly loose in the end though, just from being outnumbered (and the PL 10 PCs all die except for that one guy who gave his char invisibility and intangibility)
>>
They go after Accelerator, and get their shit kicked in.
>>
>>49910438
And then the father's statue falls on her and the master kills himself.
>>
Why's this thread still here? Why hasn't the FF shill admitted that they would lose easily fluff wise to many characters presented here? Why is he trying to mar fluff and gameplay? This should've been a gameplay based discussion from the very beginning. JRPG superbosses are usually far from the most powerful thing in their own setting forget anyone else's. What makes them SUPERBOSSES is their gameplay gimmicks. The ones in FF VII are durable and immune to many things. The ones in SMT games have a very particular order of moves and certain common situations will lead to OHKO. Etc.

I am surprised someone hasn't come up with a whacky glancing hits type scenario for their characters to do rather than attempting instant death which both weapons are immune to.
>>
>>49911332
Even fluff wise, they're much stronger than most things. Able to take an attack that can wipe out cities, able to survive quite a long time, fight on a level equal to people who're atleast supersonic type speeds....It's just, people make an assumption, that their attacks, which rely on gameplay almost 100%, would do much. Beating them with fortitude save based attacks? Will? Reflex?
>>
>>49911429
>Able to take an attack that can wipe out cities, able to survive quite a long time, fight on a level equal to people who're atleast supersonic type speeds
So being able to do things most RPG characters can do?

Fucking kill yourself fanboy.
>>
>>49911219
Yeah, no. Not unless a former co-worker of the bodyguard pushes that statue over, and dick-punches the bodyguard himself to keep him distracted. She's NEVER without a higher-level bodyguard, even when she sneaks out of the palace to do covert JUSTICE stuff. And all her other personal champions can fuck shit up on a grand scale, just not like mr. bodyguard can.

She's STILL not the most mary sue character in the game.
>>
>>49900957
>>49900354
>>49900216
>>49899860
>>49899706
I have to say anon, you've made FFVII much more interesting to me. I had no idea this is what was going on in the story.
>>
>>49895144
I'M PLAYING EXALTED SO THE WEAPONS ARE PRETTY PAR FOR THE COURSE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS ARE THEY A PART OF CREATION FIGHTING CORRUPTION, OR ARE THEY A LAST DITCH EFFORT BY THE SIDEREALS TO WIPE OUT THE RETURNING SOLARS?

OR BOTH?
>>
>>49911429
If a 10th or 12th level Wizard from 3.5/PF pops their best summons and has fly on, then pelt spells while the summons keep them distracted, fluff weapons should be beatable without too much of a problem though. The damage that lesser planar daemons are capable of along with constant pelting of various firestorm style spells should do their fluff incarnations in.
>>
>>49911567
The earlier unless the latter are also considered a threat to the planet in which case both.
>>
>>49905147
Cid, Yuffie and Tifa are just normal humans, they're not enhanced or anything, the only source of their powers is working out regularly
>>
>>49911925
And yet, Tifa can still suplex a monster the size of a building.
Normal humans in FF VII aren't really normal.
>>
>>49911551
>I had no idea this is what was going on in the story.
Because it wasn't, and is just anon's autismo headcannon.
>>
>>49912304
God, you are one blown out, salty motherfucker.
>>
>>49911675
Well, let's do some math, they have enough health, to take a cannon, that can destroy cities. Manhattan has an area of 22.82 square miles, or 1,445,875 inches. Anwyay, using the hp per square inch rule, and since it's stone....It has, atleast 21,688,128 hp. Assuming you somehow buff yourself to god levels, and you can do 100d20s, you're going to do a max of 20k damage per turn.

>>49911456
Most RPG characters? Yeah, they'd be BTFO, if they were fighting the average RPG character. However, your typical TTRPG character tends not to be built for that type of output, at least not without some serious preparation, as well as with a lot of resources, and/or people. I'm not even a fanboy, I'm just pretty autistic, but I think my Autism, can beat the autism of "Well, my level 20 wizard, can oneshot Superman, lol."

My autism starts with a capital A
>>
>>49911675
Heck, even game mechanics wise....If we take HP, a Soldier(A trained one.) Let's assume his equivalent is a commoner. Soldiers have 250 HP Commoners have about 6 HP on average. Weapons have one million HP.

So, if One million HP divided by 250 is 4000, then it has 4000 times a commoner's HP as a bare minimum. So, as a bare minimum, transferred to pathfinder's system its HP would be...4000 times 6. Or 24000 HP. Several times that, of the strongest monster...typically.
>>
On the topic, in my current game, the Weapons show up, and start blowing holes through the Corruption. After probsbly a week of this, the Parasites start getting into a slugfest with them (Barring the Dark Wizard), and get their shit pushed in. Then, when the Dark Wizard tries to consume the dream, they're probsbly able to tie him up long enough for the Dreamer to wake up, kick Wraxx ass, and then fist bump as they fuck off to wherever they are going next.
>>
File: suplexing trains is smalltime.webm (984KB, 639x458px) Image search: [Google]
suplexing trains is smalltime.webm
984KB, 639x458px
>>49911946
>>
>>49913949
>HP per square inch
I am not aware of any such rule. The closest I know of is the "HP per inch of thickness" rule.

In any event, if you want to use an "HP per square inch" rule this way, then breaking the skin of the average human being requires at least 3168 damage (assuming human skin has 1 HP per square inch).
>>
>>49913949
As I recall, that cannon destroyed everything it shot.
>>
>>49919871
the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company Intercontinental Overcompensation Cannon
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.