[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to DM a Cyberpunk 2020 game for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1460758733013.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460758733013.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
I'm about to DM a Cyberpunk 2020 game for the first time (or any tabletop, for that matter).

What are the essential dos and dont's? What classifies a shitty DM?

I'm of course getting acquainted with the rules as much as i can.
>>
Do be as maximum 80s cheese retro as possible.
Dont let substance get in the way of the style.
>>
>>49892134
>Dont let substance get in the way of the style.

That's definitely my first priority.
>>
>>49892108
Don't make DMPCs.
You have to nerf Skinweave in this game or it gets out of hand.
Don't let the PCs walk around with heavy weapons and military-grade armor without consequences.
>>
File: cyberpunk156.jpg (395KB, 1080x1367px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk156.jpg
395KB, 1080x1367px
>>49892108
Make sure your players know that actions have consequences - and try and teach them that sometimes they will get fucked over, sometimes they will just lose, and that taking the hit and moving on with it may well be the better option than to try and flail against the corporate or criminal power that's fucked them over.

And see if you can work out what you're going to do about the hacker pizza problem
>>
I want to run one, too, but my group struggles with numbers.

Do you guys know a similar system but with somewhat simpler mechanics?

>>49892108
In a world like this one, with so much going on and which is so similar to ours, it´s easy to simply let it all fade into the background and follow the players closely. However, the world is filled with people searching for any opportunity, and in such an unstable society there´s plenty of room for everyone to try and wiggle their way to a better life. Don´t forget to make things happen around the PCs from time to time. Chases down the road, a robbery while they´re in a shop, someone trying to scam them, power outages during important moments because of some terrorist attack (make sure there´s some buildup so it doesn´t look like an asspull), sudden police strikes in places they where supposed to go or nearby...

That guy who approaches them might be an important NPC with a quest, or he might just be some poor guy trying to con them out of a few bucks.

The city is dangerous, and alive, and they´re just another small group trying to make a living.
>>
>>49892108
watch your players. it's the primary directive for any GM in any game. watch their mood, watch what they seem to wanna do, watch them watching you.

adapt your game to what you see.
>>
Play lots of Kavinsky and Perturbator. You're welcome.
>>
>>49893033
>Do you guys know a similar system but with somewhat simpler mechanics?

This one is like CP2020 but with simpler rules, different world though:
http://hunter-seeker.obsidianportal.com/
>>
File: La Crevasse.webm (3MB, 634x342px) Image search: [Google]
La Crevasse.webm
3MB, 634x342px
>>49895818
No time to read through it yet, but by skimming over and checking out the character sheet it seems this is exactly what I was looking for.

Here´s something for you

He survived
>>
>>49896039
>That's not the crevasse I was looking for tonight.
>>
File: !1398302881945.jpg (501KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
!1398302881945.jpg
501KB, 1200x750px
>>
File: 8f58f3e8f2519e7812c50572951452b2.jpg (216KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
8f58f3e8f2519e7812c50572951452b2.jpg
216KB, 723x1023px
There's a GITS d20 conversion out there somewhere that has a lot of good info.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.