[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Magic The Gathering Ask A Judge -「 F R I D A Y I '

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 4

File: 57.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
Welcome back to Ask A Judge!
>>
Do +1/+1 counters stay on a card if it stops being a creature? What about other kinds of counters and card types?
>>
>>49892743
Yes they stay
>>
>>49890875
Important question for game day. I Sacrifice a foul emissary to emerge a Decimator of provinces. When does the trigger for the Emissary go on the stack? Will the eldrazi horror get the overrun effect from the pigs cast trigger? I think it triggers at the same time as the cast trigger from decimator and i can stack them as i wish but i am not sure
>>
>>49893066
afaik, yes you can stack em however you want.
wait for OP's answer just to be sure though.
>>
How does notion thief work with an opponents sylvan library? Similarly how do two opposing notion theif work with each other? Additionally how does notion theif work with Sevala's parely.

This card confuses ne sometimes.
>>
Does giving Bruna, Light of Alabaster shroud prevent auras from being attached to her?
>>
File: veil.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
veil.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>49893457
I also forgot to attach pic and a question about it. It says "as an instant". Does that mean it's essentially given flash, or as if it said Instant, and thus were capable of being twincast?
>>
>>49893312
>How does notion thief work with an opponents sylvan library?
If your opponent choose to draw the additional 2 cards at his draw step he will only draw one while you draw 2 cards. Then your opponent have to return that card to the top if library and lose 4 life, or keep that card and lose 8 life.
It's a may ability though, so your opponent will probably opt not to draw the additional 2 cards.

>Similarly how do two opposing notion theif work with each other?
They cancel each other's ability.

>parley
Dunno, wait for OP.
>>
>>49892743
They do, otherwise Raging Ravine and Llanowar Reborn would be really, really bad cards. There's not currently any kind of counters that are 'tied' to a specific type, in the sense that they fall off if the permanent stops BEING that type. The counters will still exist, they just don't do much.

>>49893066
The Emissary triggers upon being sacced, but you're still in the middle of casting your spell, so you wait until you're done. At that time, you have two triggers to put on the stack: The Emissary's trigger, and the Pig Trigger from being cast (since they go onto the stack at the same time, and you control both). You can arrange them such that you make your 3/2, then it gets the Pig Bonus. Just be clear about what you're doing, and you're fine.

>>49893312
Poorly, honestly. You have to flash in your Thief before they begin resolving their trigger, at which point they'll just... not draw the cards. Assuming they're stupid and decide to draw, YOU will draw 2, then your opponent will have to put back the card they drew for their turn or pay 4 life to keep it (assuming that's the only card they drew this turn)

Two Thieves basically cancel out; your opponent's Thief steals your draw, yours steals it back, and we're done because a replacement effect can't apply to the same event more than once.

Thief + Parley will have everyone reveal their top card, you potentially get some mana and some life, then you'll draw cards equal to the number of opponents (plus your own)

>>49893457
It does not! Auras only target when they're cast as spells; outside that, they don't target at all. Bruna cheats the Auras directly onto the field (or just takes ones already there), which has no interaction with Shroud.

>>49893493
Check the Oracle text, always. Oracle text says "As though it had Flash".
>>
>>49893508
>lose 4 life, or keep that card and lose 8 life.
Incorrect. For one, it's a payment of life, not a loss of life (which matters if they had a Platinum Angel and a low life total- a life LOSS can put them in the negatives, but a life PAYMENT cannot, because you can't pay life you don't have). Second, Library has you choose two cards that you've drawn this turn, and for each one pay 4 or put it back. If you only have 1 card in hand, you can't "choose two cards", so you just choose that one and carry out the instructions for it; likewise, you just do nothing if you have zero cards drawn this turn (Library is funny with Dredge that way). Finally, even if it DID require you to muck with cards you don't have, "pay 4 life" isn't the default action- it's the option. The default is "Put it back UNLESS you pay", so you just... don't pay, and nothing happens.
>>
>>49893565
Ah, i have it in reverse then. I always thought it's a default 8 life with 4 life per card price.
>>
>>49893623
Nah- it's "Pay 4 life or put it on top"- the second action is the default one. Though usually that's more for "Oh shit, I didn't do the thing- what do we do now?" situations.
>>
>>49890875
opponent Confiscation Coup my creature, then i use Fairgrounds Warden to exile said creature.
several turns after, the Warden dies.
do i get the creature back or do my opponent get it?
>>
>>49893958
Your opponent does.

610.3. Some one-shot effects cause an object to change zones "until" a specified event occurs. A second one-shot effect is created immediately after the specified event. This second one-shot effect returns the object to its previous zone.

610.3b. An object returned to the battlefield this way returns under its owner's control unless otherwise specified.
>>
>>49894062
>An object returned to the battlefield this way returns under its owner's control unless otherwise specified
Isn't the opponent NOT the owner but just the controller in that case?
>>
How does Sylvan Library interact with Dredge?
>>
>>49894139
I 100% read that backwards. I read it as the poster stealing their opponent's creature; mea maxima culpa.

Yes, YOU would get it back, not your opponent. My apologies.

>>49894184
Hilariously! You can replace one or both of your Library draws with Dredge, and then choose 1 or 2 (depending on how many you ACTUALLY drew) cards you drew this turn, then either pay 4 or put it back for each of them.

So you could, hypothetically, dredge all 3 of your draws and pay nothing, but keep all 3 of the cards you Dredged back. Or you could draw normally, then dredge the Library draws, and just put back the card you kept.
>>
>>49890875
I forget, how does damage / death effects work on a stack?

Like, say my opponent swings for way more than lethal, and I have some master of marionettes and a lot of artifact creatures to block with. If I block with all but the master of marionettes, is it possible that my opponent will lose at the same time as me?

What if I block with the masters as well? Will their effects go on the stack as they die, or will the damage just kill me before they resolve?
>>
What exactly Sorrow’s Path do ?
>>
My phrexian metamorph is a copy of glissa that traitor and a board wipe happens. Can I get my phrexian metamorph back as the board gets wiped
>>
>>49895249

Read the oracle text it's pretty clear
>>
Alright this might get a bit confusing.

My Haunted Dead coming into play on an opponents main step triggering multiple (say 4 in this case) Prized Amalgams to return at the beginning of the next end step(in this case the opponent's end step) will in turn cause the first Prized Amalgam to trigger the other 3 Prized Amalgams to trigger again on top of the first set of after the "beginning of the next end step" triggers right?

Question is does this mean those 3 Prized Amalgams that were still in the graveyard set to trigger again on the next end step are set so that they will come back in on the next end step(in this case my end step) again if they are in my graveyard at some point during my turn before the end step?
>>
gA, this is probably outside your purview, but I've been struggling recently to get a hold of any of my local-ish L2's to set a date for taking L1 paper test. With the recent legal hubbub between wizards and judges, is there some sort of supression on new judges? Or the ones around me just dont check judge center?
>>
>>49895548

Pretty sure yes, amalgams 3-4 would re-trigger when amalagam 1 enters from the haunted dead trigger, but they would be meaningless triggers since the object immediately moves zones to its original HD trigger. You wouldnt be able to "bank" the reanimation triggers and have them re-enter from grave on the next EoT, if you somehow got them killed again.
>>
>>49895695

The only reason why I'm asking this confusing question is because this is a possible line of play on flipping a Voldaren Pariah after cast from madness on opponents turn and if I do sack the Amalgams again i was hoping that the timing would allow them to automatically come back on my end step. This just means I have to do some clever trigger stacking after paying the sac cost on flipping the Voldaren Pariah while the Amalgam triggers are still waiting.
>>
File: ertai.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ertai.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=4698
If I were to cast it on a Commander, its' controller has the option to send it back to the command zone since Ertai's Meddling now exiles, but what happens if they choose to send it to the command zone as it enters exile? Do they get a token of the creature when Ertai's Meddling runs out? Oracle says the spell gets put back on the stack as a copy, so what exactly enters the battlefield? A token?
>>
>>49895154
Damage does not use the stack. If you're taking lethal from the creatures you didn't block, you're gonna die before your triggers even go onto the stack. If you live through the combat, your triggers will kill him.

>>49895249
Basically you switch what two of your opponent's creatures are blocking, at the expense of all your creatures taking 2. Largely pointless.

>>49895312
You can, because by the time your MetaGlissa's trigger needs a target, Metamorph is in the graveyard, and is thus a legal target for said trigger.

>>49895548
Sorta. When Amalgam A enters, it'll trigger the three Amalgams still in your graveyard, setting up delayed triggers to fire at the beginning of the NEXT end step (Yours, since we're already in an End Step). The thing is, as soon as Amalgams B, C, and D leave the graveyard due to the delayed triggers set up by Haunted Dead, they become new objects with no memory of, or relation to, their previous selves. Even if those physical cards end up back in the graveyard before your end step, the triggers won't find them because the specific objects those triggers are looking for no longer exist.

>>49895585
None that I'm aware of- and honestly, we very rarely check Judge Center. It's really only used to generate exams and enter reviews/DQs. Most of our communication happens in regional Slack channels, or via JudgeApps and social media. I'd advise you use this form to contact your RC.

http://blogs.magicjudges.org/contact/contact-a-regional-coordinator/

>>49895695
Correct. The triggers are created, but do nothing as they resolve (unless something prevents those three Amalgams from leaving the graveyard until then)

>>49896644
The entire text after "if that card is exiled" is ignored, because that condition isn't true.
>>
>>49896955
About Ertai again, I'm not fully clear on what this means:
"If Ertai’s Meddling is used to copy a spell being cast face down due to Morph ability, the spell will create a face up, 2/2, colorless, nameless creature with no text. This may be a little counter-intuitive, because you might expect the card to enter the battlefield face down like it would have when originally cast, but Ertai’s Meddling copies only the original spell and not the entire card the spell represented."
Does this mean that the morph spell comes in face up, but acts like it's face down? Can it be turned face up/down by paying the morph cost?
>>
>>49897112
Correct. Meddling basically photocopies exactly what the spell looked like while it was on the stack, and then tapes that photocopy over the 'original' when it puts the original back on the stack. The values it got from the Morph spell were "No name, no mana cost, no types, no text, colorless, 2/2". So that's the values it affixes to the spell when it comes back, even though the spell's coming back face-up.

It can't be turned face-up, because it already -is- face up (also, it has no abilities)
>>
Not really a rules question, but... My friend and I are planning to go to the Grand Prix in Denver. What can we expect from such an event?
>>
>>49897112
a "morph" spell is a nameless, colorless 2/2 creature with no type. Because you are using Ertai's Meddling to counter a morphed spell on the stack it's currently impossible to tell what it's a face down morph off. When Meddling fires off to cast a copy of the spell it's last known information of the spell was a colorless, nameless, 2/2 creature with no type and no casting cost so that's what it lets you cast. Because your copy has no idea of what the original spell's face up side was you get a morph creature that is "face up", that is, it's not a morphed version of any spell, it's just a morph creature.
>>
>>49897142
A lot of people, and overpriced food.

But seriously- it's less of a tournament and more of a Magic-themed convention anymore. There'll be artists, tons of vendors, side events of all kinds, cosplayers, maybe even companies like Ultra Pro showing off upcoming product lines.
>>
>>49895548
To add on to what they already told you, I believe you can wait for amalgams A, B, and C to enter the battlefield, sacrifice them to Voldaren Pariah, and then let D's trigger resolve, retriggering A, B, and C to come back on your end step.
>>
I have a hangarback walker out with 3 +1/+1 counters on it, my opponent has hex parasite. Opponent uses hex parasite's ability to remove all the counters, would a removal card such as doom blade targeting the hex parasite prevent the counters from being removed or would hex parasite's ability resolve, hangarback walker dies, then hex parasite dies to doom blade?
>>
>>49897322
Abilities on the stack exist independent of their sources. Killing the Hex Parasite in response to the ability is like shooting down a plane AFTER it drops a bomb- the bomb's already falling.
>>
>>49897173

So fun, definitely worth going?
>>
>>49898225
Absolutely.
>>
If armor of thorns is cast on a creature to protect it from say a lightning bolt. Why is it that the armor of thorns falls off and then that creature dies at the end step when the damaged isn't removed until the clean up step? It's like the card doesn't even work
>>
>>49898379
Well, that hasn't been true for about 11 years now. Post 6th edition (and pre Ravnica), Armor of Thorns was pretty shitty because it DID fall off during the End Step, so the creature would still have damage on it and die. In Ravnica, Armor of Thorns and 11 other cards were errata'd to have "Substance". Basically when you flashed them in, they'd gain Substance, and that ability would go away during the next cleanup step, and then they'd die. This was to make them actually work as they used to, and how people EXPECTED them to work.

In 2009 with the M10 update, Substance was removed because it was needlessly confusing, and those cards were just errata'd to have the trigger fire at the beginning of the next CLEANUP step, which is immediately after all the marked damage is removed. So, it does work.
>>
>>49898422
Well that's good. Was substance a printed keyword or mechanic
>>
>>49898452
Nope! It was errata'd onto those 12 cards in 2005 and removed in 2009. It was never actually printed on a card in those 4 years.
>>
>>49897173
Are all GPs like a convention or only some of them? Someone told me it's only some of them. If that's true, how do I know if a given GP is more like a convention or if it's just a giant tournament (aside from going and finding out on the spot as it's happening of course)?
>>
>>49898503
Pretty much all of them should be. Every GP anymore has a TON of side events, and while the scope of those side events (and the number and... I guess prestige?) of their artists depends on the size of the event, all of them are great places to go hang out even if you don't plan on entering the main event. They're planned out months in advance, so you can usually check the Tournament Organizer's website to find out more about it (which artists there'll be, what the side events are like, etc) and decide if you want to go to get some signatures/alters, for specific side events, or just to hit up a bunch of vendors and jam some games of Commander with random people and share your love of Magic.
>>
If a creature has poisonous X, does that creature deal it's regular combat damage to a player and then you get three poison counters.

For example grizzly bears has poisonous 3. Do You take 2 life and gain 3 poison counters. Or is dealing the damage to a player in the form of poison counter now becomes true about that creature such as with infect
>>
>>49898587
Yes. Poisonous N means "Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player gets N poison counters". So the Bears would smack it for 2 damage, and then trigger Poisonous 3. Upon resolution of that trigger, the player would get 3 poison counters.

Poisonous is different from infect because it gives a static number of counters regardless of the damage done, it doesn't have any interaction with damage done to creatures, it only works on combat damage, it's a trigger AFTER the damage rather than changing the result of the damage... and because of that, it can stack. For example, four Virulent Slivers doming a player gives 16 poison counters, because each one has four instances of Poisonous 1. So that's 16 triggers of 1 counter each.
>>
I'm playing Savra, Queen of the Golgari, If I cast Eliminate the Competition and sac a black creature what happens?
>>
>>49898815
Savra's trigger goes onto the stack above Eliminate the Competition, for which you have already selected targets.

If you pay 2 life, each other player will sacrifice a creature. Your opponent will almost certainly sacrifice the thing you targeted with your removal, which will fizzle due to lack of targets.
>>
>>49898869
I'd like to add that the spell will only fizzle if all of it's targets are no longer legal.
>>
What explanation for the Fermi paradox do you believe is most likely?
>>
I posted about wheel of sun and moon and meren inwhich the meren player is enchanted and he sacrifices tokens and says he get experience counters. They say that the replacement effect happens but he says tokens "are not cards" I believe.

Please help clear this up
>>
>>49902870
Tokens are not cards, so Wheel of Sun and Moon's effect doesn't apply to tokens. I'm quite sure of this, but if you want to hear it from a judge I understand.
>>
>>49902922
I meant to say I posted this on the edh general and they say the replacement effect happens. But I think the meren player brought up a good point.
>>
>>49902870
>>49902922
rule 110.5e
Also read the first 2 rulings of Wheel of Sun and Moon. Mainly the second ruling.
>>
What happens when kalitas is on the battlefield on my opponents melded creature dies?
>>
If I attack someone with say 10 creatures which are all 10/10s with lifelink, and they declare no blockers and are at 10 life, do I get just 10 life from the lifelink since they die, or do I get the 100?
>>
>>49903717
you get 100
>>
>>49900261
Correct- I was working off the assumption that they'd only sacrificed the one creature (and thus only have one target)

>>49902133
Too far apart in space or time. The Rare Earth hypothesis is attractive, but with the vastness of the universe, there's almost certainly another setup suitable for the development of complex multicellular life... but it's likely too far away for us to communicate with it or detect it at this point in time, assuming it hasn't already fallen (or has already developed)

>>49902870
Tokens aren't cards. Wheel won't apply to them, so they go to the graveyard and trigger Meren.

>>49903094
Both of the component cards are exiled and you get a Zombie.

>>49903717
100. All your creatures hit them for 10 damage simultaneously, putting them at -90 life and you at +100 more than you had.
>>
>>49903886
If my opponent casts spells with dynavolt tower out, at what point do I have to remind him to add the energy?
>>
>>49907202
You don't. It's never your responsibility to remind your opponent of their own triggers.

As for "when can I assume my opponent has missed their trigger", it varies depending on what kind of trigger it is. I'm leaning towards Dynavolt Tower being just like the triggers that put counters on permanents- as soon as your opponent takes an action they couldn't take with the trigger on the stack, they've missed it. They need to physically represent the new Energy counters before moving on. I'm double-checking on that, though, because the counters going on a PLAYER may make it a little fucky.
>>
>>49907406
well I just got back from a game day where my opponent stole a game from me by going "wait a minute, I have 4 energy from the two spells I cast last turn, and since it's a mandatory trigger you had to remind me. JUDGE!"

I got a game loss that cost me the match for that shit, because comp REL.
>>
>>49907526
First, you haven't been required to remind your opponent of their triggers in years.

Second, there's only two Infractions in the IPG that carry the natural penalty of Game Loss, and this wouldn't fall into either.

Third, Game Day is not Competitive REL. If it was held at Competitive REL, the whole event might actually be invalid. I'd suggest contacting your RC and having them look into this.
>>
>>49907605
I was told it should have been match loss but the HJ was downgrading to game because there was no evidence that I was aware that the triggers were mandatory either. But he said mendatory triggers, ergo they can't be missed, and if he misses them then I have to point it out.
>>
>Two untapped lands
>I play Lotus Vale

I can no longer tap those two lands for mana as soon as I sacrifice them to Lotus Vale, right?
>>
Endbringer ability that stops creature from attacking or blocking only works if I activate it before combat phase right ?
>>
>>49907642
Yeah, your Judge had no idea what they were doing. The only two infractions that are naturally a Match Loss are Unsporting Conduct - Major (things like calling your opponent a racial slur) or Outside Assistance (seeking or offering help to/from people outside of your game). In no situation should you have been given -any- penalty for not reminding your opponent, let alone the Judge just deciding on a penalty from thin air.

From the IPG, Section 2.1: Game Play Error - Missed Trigger:

" Opponents are not required to point out triggered abilities that they do not control, though they may do so if they wish."

I would suggest that you talk about this with that Judge next time you can (if you're comfortable), bring it up with the TO, or report this to the RC.
>>
>>49907700
Correct. You don't have priority to do that. You take the special action of playing a land for the turn; in this case, Lotus Vale. Lotus Vale's replacement effect says 'If I would enter the battlefield, sacrifice two untapped lands instead. If you do, put me onto the battlefield.'. You don't have priority in the middle of this, so you can't tap the lands (even if you could, you'd then have no untapped lands TO sacrifice, so Lotus Vale would just go straight to the graveyard from your hand)

>>49907707
Not quite. Your last chance to activate it to stop an attack is during the Beginning of Combat Step (technically part of the Combat Phase, immediately before the Declare Attackers step). Likewise, your last chance to use it to stop a potential block is during the Declare Attackers step.
>>
What happens if i hit an opponent's commander with Desertion? If they choose to put it in the command zone instead of the graveyard after the counter do i lose the chance to control it?
>>
Does angelheart vial count how much damage is being dealt to me, or how much damage I take? Do I get counters for prevented damage?
>>
>>49908163
They don't even get that choice. Desertion has a self-replacement effect because it replaces part of what it, as a spell, does (in this case, the countering is mucked with). Those apply before other replacement effects (like 'command zone instead'). So, you'll put their Commander onto the battlefield under your control.

>>49908246
>damage being dealt to me, or how much damage I take?
Those are the same thing. It doesn't count prevented damage, because that damage never happened.
>>
Would an Aura enchanting a Vehicle that reverts to its Artifact-only type fall off?
>>
When I pay a morph cost. Am I "morphing" my creature or "unmorphing" it?
>>
>>49908693
Can the enchantment be attached to vehicles? If so, then no. (example: Malfunction)

Can the enchantment be only attached to creatures (example: Rancor), then yes.
>>
When a face down morph card is on the stack, what characteristics does it have? (CMC, card type, color, ect...)
>>
>>49909272
It's a colorless, nameless 2/2 creature with no type, no mana cost, and no abilities.
>>
>>49908693
That depends on what the Aura is. An Enchant Permanent or Enchant Artifact Aura will stay on just fine, but an Enchant Creature aura will fall off, because it cannot legally be attached to a noncreature permanent.

>>49909201
Neither. You're turning it face-up.

>>49909272
It has no name, no subtypes, no mana cost, and no rules text. All it has is the type "Creature" and the P/T of 2/2.
>>
Hey gA, how`s it going? Did you find any new winter cards yet?

I was wondering about the following scenario:
>mazirek is on the field with 10 1/1 tokens and emrakul's evangel
>I sac all ten tokens and the evangel
>Maz gets 11 +1/+1 tokens, but do the 3/2 eldrazi horror tokens get any counters?
>>
>>49909570
Nah, I think I've got the list pretty much finalized, but I also got struck with inspiration to build two new, equally terrible decks, so I'm trying to hash out lists for those too.

>question
They do not. The first step of activating an ability is to put it on the stack, so all of the Mazirek triggers will go on the stack ABOVE that, and resolve before there are any 3/2 Horrors.
>>
>>49909706
Is one of them a Geist of St. Traft Sea Serpent tribal?

And thanks for helping me out. If I was sacing them to carrion feeder, or ashnod's, the counters would go on the stack individually, right? Is it good form to shortcut and do something like "I sac 10 1/1's to Ashnod's and put 10 +1/+1 counters on both Emrakul's Evangel and Mazirek."?
>>
>>49909755
Nah, my mono-blue Sea Monster Tribal was an idea I had before the Winter deck.

The new ones are All Auras Non-Asshole Zur and Shu Yun Comeuppance.dec

If you were saccing them to a repeatable thing like that, the default is that you're suggesting a shortcut where you sac one, pass priority, your opponent passes back, ability resolves, and you repeat. If you WANT to have all the Mazirek triggers on the stack for some reason, you can just say "I'm gonna sac one, hold priority, sac another, hold priority, and repeat until I've sacced all of these creatures, and THESE abilities are all on the stack in this order".

But it's rare you'd want to do that, so just "Sac these 10 to put 10 counters on my Evangel and Bugpriest, and float 20 colorless mana" should be fine.
>>
If an inferno titan directs all 3 damage to a player, all 3 damage is redirected to a spellskite right?
>>
>>49909841
How does holding priority work? I can't say I've ever done that before.

Also, your second deck idea sounds amazing, I fully support that. I've been tinkering around with some Naya nonsense, and Arcbond+invulnerability+gratuitous violence or damage doubler of your choice seems hilarious. Particularly if you're blocking some nontrample voltron commander for whatever reason.
>>
>>49909880
Well, the damage isn't redirected. The triggered ability has its target changed. It only had one target, taking 3 damage, so when that one target becomes "Spellskite", it takes 3.

>>49909890
NORMALLY, for reasonable flow of play, you are assumed to pass priority to your opponent each time you add something to the stack. If you want to add multiple things to the stack in a row, you have the option to explicitly hold priority (because technically by the CR you get priority after adding something to the stack, but we use the 'you pass priority after adding to the stack' shortcut because it's set as a default by the MTR Communication section) to do that. It rarely matters.
>>
File: 1467021332161.gif (569KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1467021332161.gif
569KB, 260x146px
>>49909910
Perfect. I could see a few niche uses, but honestly, nothing too fantastic. gA, you're a legend, thank you so much for being so concise. Never give up on your dreams!
>>
>>49909937
Nap all day
Sleep all night
Party never
>>
Do all players get priority after a spell resolves on the stack even if the stack still has spells on it. Or once both players pass priority the stack completely resolves?

For example my opponent cast metalwork colossus , i cast void shatter targeting the colossus and my opponent cast negate targetting the void shatter.

Can I let the negate resolve countering my void shatter and sending it to the grave. Let my opponent get priority and pass to me before the colossus resolves, cast torrential gearhulk so target the countered void shatter to counter the colossus?
>>
>>49911161
After an object on the stack resolves, the Active Player receives priority. Then, just as with the first object, every player has to pass priority consecutively without adding to the stack for the NEXT thing to resolve.

tl;dr you can respond between objects on the stack resolving.
>>
If I block Evil-Eye of Urborg with Fog Bank, does Fog Bank die ?
>>
>>49911731
Yes. Fog Bank only prevents damage. Evil Eye of Urborg doesn't need to do damage; it destroys the blocker upon resolution of the triggered ability, well before damage.
>>
Hey gA, does Vedalken Orrery allow you to cast your general as though it had flash?
>>
>>49912410
Sure. Orrery lets you cast spells as though they had flash, regardless of what zone you're casting from.
>>
If, somehow, I gave flash to a land what exactly could change ?
>>
>>49912714
A very small amount. Normally you can only play a land during your main phase while the stack is empty, and only once per turn, as a special action. Flash allows you to "play a card" rather than "cast a spell", which means it does apply to lands- it gets around the timing restriction, but JUST the timing restriction. You still can't use Flash to play a land during someone else's turn, or if you've already played a land. You can, however, flash in a land during combat (this is very difficult, by the way).
>>
If I turn Zoetic Cavern face up, will I have to sac City of Traitors ?
>>
>>49912847
Did you play a land?

Non-Socratic answer: No. The permanent was already on the battlefield. You didn't play it, you just changed what it looked like.

And with that, I am cashing in for the night. If the thread's still up in the AM I'll address any unanswered questions; if the thread dies before dawn, I'll put up a new thread when I get up.
>>
What happens if I scavenge Spinal Parasite ?
>>
>>49913673
Could you elaborate? Spinal parasite doesn't have the scavange mechanic
>>
>>49913801
Imagine I have Varolz, the Scar-Striped as well.
>>
>>49913820
You get no counters. The reason for that is scavenge gives only +1/+1 counters. Sincr parasites p/t is negative and scavenge cannot give -1/-1 could counters it gives nothing instead
>>
>>49912873
There was a guy at our LGS at game day who was just being a nuisance to people, doing shit like spamming MLG airhorns whenever anything happened, trying to trade for cards in play, and all-around just being a miserable little shit.

Everyone else seemed to just ignore him, but I was getting pissed. Is there anything judges can do if he's not in the event?
>>
>>49914406
That's up to the TO not the judges unfortunately
>>
>>49909890
Add Zada for use with arcbond, but be careful, the explosion might shake nearby tables
>>
If I play Kozilek in standard and use my sanctum of Ugin trigger, can I stack them so I draw first then search because they're both "on cast" triggers?

Similarly, do I have to call all of the sanctum of Ugin triggers simultaneously or can I do one, let it resolve, and then do another?
>>
>>49916527
Since the Titan and the Sanctum both trigger at the same time, you can stack those triggers in any order you like. So you can draw then fetch, or fetch then draw.

Also as far as im aware you can sac multiple sanctums to the same big guy, but they all ask "hey do you wanna sac me?" at the same time. You have to pick how many and which ones to crack at that moment. You can't decide to crack one, have it resolve fully, and then decide to crack another - though with the kozilek case, you could order two sanctum triggers to where you search, draw, and search again.
>>
>>49913673
You put zero +1/+1 counters on the targeted thing, because you can't put negative counters on something.

>>49914406
The Judge? Not strictly- we can politely ask him to please stop disrupting the event, but at Game Day we can't do much beyond that (at larger events we can enter him into the tournament specifically to give him penalties so they can be tracked). However, the Judge can (and should) approach the TO with their concerns, and let the TO handle it.

>>49915799
It's slightly less fun, because anything that dies from previous Arbonds won't have an Arcbond for itself (because it'll be dead, so its copy will fizzle)

>>49916527
>First thing
Absolutely. Both triggers are going to go onto the stack at the same time, and they're both yours, so you can stack them as you like.

>Second thing
Triggers can't resolve simultaneously. You need to demonstrate AWARENESS of your triggers so they aren't considered missed, but since Sanctum's trigger doesn't need a target, and doesn't do anything visible until it resolves, you're fine to just point them out one at a time. You can also just say "Trigger these four Sanctums", and then decide whether or not to pop each one as you resolve their trigger, since it's a 'may'.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.