[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I said you could play a non serious character, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: FUCK THAT.png (6KB, 373x74px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THAT.png
6KB, 373x74px
I know I said you could play a non serious character, but this is not ok
>>
>>49887421
>D&D
>>
>>49887421
>roll20
there's your problem
>>
I never understood why people even liked Kender. They were kleptomaniac Hobbits, only far more annoying. The fact that you could choose to play a knight flying a fucking dragon in Dragonlance, instead of a four foot thieving bastard, made it an even stupider choice.
>>
>>49890610

This.

Honestly "Kender bard" is probably one of the least offensive things you'll find on roll20.

Like anyone remember that one guy broadcasting a game where he outright said the players had to adhere to strict roleplaying guidelines because he planned on novelizing the adventure?
>>
>>49890633
The guy that had people that wanted to join the game to accept that their characters and their actions will not be their intellectual property?

That Guy?
>>
File: so how's that novel coming.jpg (27KB, 476x349px) Image search: [Google]
so how's that novel coming.jpg
27KB, 476x349px
>>49890668

Yeah, that guy.

The guy who said paladins weren't allowed in the game but offered zero reason why.
>>
>>49890688
Fuck man, I'm trying to reach any archive, but they are down. On the topic though,

>>49890633
>"Kender bard" is probably one of the least offensive things you'll find on roll20
I had seen some asshole advertise his Pathfinder PC and his whole pitch was that she was a whore that got raped everyday of her life until she reached 16 years old and became a prostitute.

Or a guy that applied to my game and only listed all the war crimes his character did, to show how "badass" he is. Because nothing says "cool dood" like "slit the throats of 400 women and burned their corpses with their screeching children strapped on them."
>>
File: GurbYtG.png (184KB, 326x341px) Image search: [Google]
GurbYtG.png
184KB, 326x341px
>>49890782

>Or a guy that applied to my game and only listed all the war crimes his character did

Why would anyone think a character like this is okay?
>>
File: anger and confusion.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
anger and confusion.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>49890688
>>49890668
>>49890633
I hate everything about this.
>>
>Kender bard
>instead of being obsessed with grabbing shiny things then forgetting about them like a child would, they're obsessed with the opposite sex. Bedding and forgetting as they see every new person completely replace the former in their mind.
I think it could work honestly.
>>
>>49890782
>Or a guy that applied to my game and only listed all the war crimes his character did, to show how "badass" he is. Because nothing says "cool dood" like "slit the throats of 400 women and burned their corpses with their screeching children strapped on them."
>>49890810
>>Why would anyone think a character like this is okay?
maybe he's a roman
>>
>>49890847
>steals their hearts
>>
>>49890631
Kender are alright if you play them properly.

Which means "NOT as reckless kleptomaniacs who endanger their allies". This is the "that guy" way of doing it. Kender are prone to "borrowing" but they never "borrow" things that are valuable or important. They're not thieving little shitbags, but harmless borrowers.

If you steal something important or valuable from the party, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>49890688
I disallow 3e Paladins due to it being a god-awful class. I do allow a 10-level variant that gives you the Celestial template at Lv10 though since it's much better.
>>
>>49890924

But the actual racial pages for Kender state they can and do steal valuable items and "borrowing" is basically just a euphemism. Just because they don't see the value in whatever it is they take doesn't mean they'll actually return it. The race page all but states they'll just fucking lose it unless you catch them with it.

And besides, it doesn't matter what you're lifting. If you're always sticking your fingers in the other players' pockets you're an asshole.
>>
>>49890633
>>49890668
>>49890688
>>49890782

After sucking one trillion dicks, I think I found it.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47856607
>>
>>49891272

That's the one.

Here's the roll20 link.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/45063/twilights-dawn
>>
>>49890945
> I refuse players the best class because I'm a chaotic evil butt munch
>>
File: paul_mccartney_sez_no.gif (1MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
paul_mccartney_sez_no.gif
1MB, 400x307px
>>49891272
>he wants a disclaimer that he'll use others efforts in his battlelog novel
>>
>>49890952
That's the thing. They can steal valuable objects, but as a player and to avoid conflict, that doesn't mean you should.

A kender is just as likely to take a valuable jewel from a friend as he is to leave a valuable jewel in a stranger's pocket.

But yes, if a kender is just swapping out all of his dull-looking copper pieces for the party member's shiny ones? That doesn't make you an asshole. That's roleplaying a racial trait that has little to no effect on anything. And you need to give as much as you take.

A kender can work, but it require a player who knows how to play one and a party willing to go along with it without freaking out about a kender.
>>
What does a Kender even get you stat-wise? Are the stats at least amazing?
>>
>>49891444

>trips of wisdom

Frankly I find the idea of "ceding" my intellectual property the least offensive part of that disclaimer. I generally won't care if my GM decides to use one of my characters down the line. If I'm that protective of a character, I won't use them for an RPG and save them for a story where I can have actual control over what happens to them.

My real issue with this is it's just so blatantly uncreative. "Come here and do X and Y things in my game so I can use it to write a novel". It's obvious he doesn't really want to run the game.

Apparently he's since fine-tooled it a bit, and now there's an actual wiki for this shit.

http://chronicles-of-eulea.wikia.com/wiki/Chronicles_of_Eulea_Wikia
>>
File: ayo lol.jpg (11KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
ayo lol.jpg
11KB, 240x180px
>>49891490
>go to link
>This site can’t be reached
>>
>>49891539

Link works just fine for me.
>>
>>49890924
Didn't the ~official~ Dragonlance fiction include one of the main Kender characters getting the rest of the party in the shit with law enforcement after he "borrowed" a string of sausages from a butcher, insisted it only happened because they were magic and then are half of them to find out?
>>
>>49891539
>>49891555
I'm in Germany and no .wikia sites work at the moment. Probably the next step in Merkel's plan.
>>
>>49890810
if I was running a 40k campaign it would be absolutely fine

heretics burn
>>
>>49891640
Would you classify a string of sausages as 'valuable or important'?

Yeah, it might cause some trouble with law enforcement, but it's a pittance to cover the cost anyway.
>>
>>49891746
german here, it just werks™ for me, try using a different DNS
>>
>>49891464
>They can steal valuable objects, but as a player and to avoid conflict, that doesn't mean you should.
That's metagaming anon. If you have to metagame to make a race playable, then it's a shit fucking race that should get the ban.
>>
>>49891769
>t. Kender apologist

It's the principle of the thing, anon.

Just because you think something is cheap or unimportant doesn't mean it's okay for you to steal it. And it certainly doesn't mean other players being No Fun Allowed when they tell you to stop fucking with their stuff.

Few things are more obnoxious than someone who thinks they're cute for being selfish and annoying.
>>
>>49891490
Is this the weird game wiki dump?

http://dark-heresy-rp.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Heresy_of_the_Secundus_Sector_Wiki

>protip
Go to NPCs>Characters
>>
>>49891870
>Selfish

That would require them seeing value in it.

>>49891841
By that logic, elves are a shit race, because it's metagaming to think that risking your life battling monsters will give you a longer life as a wizard than just staying home and studying.
>>
>>49891769
It doesn't matter whether the sausages are reserved for the King of the East or Jonny Bunting, the Miller's Son - if you've got a character flagrantly flogging things, that impacts on how the entire party is judged. A fantasy setting wouldn't be out of place for severing hands over petty theft. Worse, if you've got any Lawful characters in the party, you're basically asking for your sessions to be derailed.
>>
>>49892093

The fuck are you in about.

Stealing shit because you think it's pretty is selfish, anon. Just because you don't plan on selling it doesn't give you a free pass to just take something without permission.

Taking something without any regards to whether or not the owner wants you rooting through their shit is pretty selfish, bro.
>>
>>49891272
You dicksucking efforts haven't been in vain, anon.
>>
>>49891759
Is it a war crime if it's against heretics, though?
>>
>>49891841
"Okay let's look at the sheets."
"My character wont work with elves."
"My character wont work with racists."
"My character wont work with clerics."
"My character wont work with women."

There's this thing called "Being civil"
>>
>>49891539
>>49891746
Apparently some hacker group is DDoSing a DNS server somewhere, and that's why half the internet hasnt been working for the past day or two.
>>
>>49892708

Yeah but Kender is basically saying "My character won't work with anyone"
>>
>>49892939
niggas need to embrace our glorious google overlords and just use 8.8.8.8
>>
>>49892093
You don't really get what metagaming is, do you? That's called a character concept.
>>
>>49892972
"Muh karaktuh konsep!"

This is the universal cry of despair when an antisocial loser pisses off his entire table because he's too autistic to realize he's a piece of shit and attempts to pass off his dickishness as "storytelling".
>>
>>49893831
>baiting this hard
Dude no. The proper form is to go "I bet your character concepts are shit. Why are you still on this thread? Kill yourself faggot!"

Repeat that 8 times a day, young man! We need you in proper form for the shitpost baiting olympics
>>
Nobody would even fucking know Kender existed if /tg/ didn't meme them into relevance. You have nobody to blame but yourselves.
>>
>>49893884
That's my boy! Just leave everyone with that little inbuilt desire to call you a fag!

They grow up so fast...!
>>
>>49891490
I misread that as "The Chronicles of EULA". I think I'd have preferred that.
>>
>>49893867
So you think that it's perfectly OK to show up to a table and be disruptive and piss off the players because you think that they should accept this bullshit notion of collective storytelling to justify why they shouldn't be angry for throwing shit on their fun?
>>
>>49892093
I think better analogies would be:
>By that logic, orcs/half-orcs are a shit race, because it's metagaming to not murderrape everything in sight for the sake of not derailing everything.
>By that logic, paladins are a shit class, because it's metagaming to let the PCs slide on minor infractions for the sake of party cohesion.

That Guy will *always* use the books to justify being a shitty and disruptive player.
This Guy will focus on what makes the game actually fun, and fun for everyone at that.
>>
>>49893884
That's what I find so weird about that shit. There's no way people are playing a lot of dragonlance games. It really does seem like kenders just run on meme magic at this point
>>
>>49891490
>manga series
>paladin named Aeneas Shiroyasha
>world history has a legend of a paladin named Leeroy
>>
File: we're the aristocrats.jpg (354KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
we're the aristocrats.jpg
354KB, 1280x960px
>>49893914
>>49893944
That's it lads, you're shitposts are vastly improving in quality. You'll be ready for the olympics in no time.
>>
>>49894953

http://chronicles-of-eulea.wikia.com/wiki/Aeneas_Shiroyasha

>"Paladin" is an edgy half-demon who takes on a monstrous form whenever he gets angry

Reading more of this setting info, it's basically like Naruto set in the Forgotten Realms or some shit
>>
File: paladin-leeroy-phantom-large.jpg (100KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
paladin-leeroy-phantom-large.jpg
100KB, 600x338px
>>49894953
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.