[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last time a player character or an important allied NPC died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: IROISOTAL_49.png (1MB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
IROISOTAL_49.png
1MB, 800x1035px
The last time a player character or an important allied NPC died in a campaign of yours, how did the party mourn their passing?
>>
>>49884916
source of thing
>>
>>49884916
>So how much of this gear can we carry back to town?
Sometimes I hate my players.
>>
>>49884916
> Brother uses Reaction to take a lethal hit for my Dual-Wielding Fighter
> Dies in Glorious battle as a Warrior should.

> We loot his remains, take all of his trinkets, his clothes, everything.
> Decapitate his body, give his skull to our party Wizard
> Wizard makes a Flame Skull companion out of it. Lazers pew pew.

> Never talk about him again. Even after he re-rolls.
>>
>>49884956
honored like a player character should
>>
>>49884944
Try reverse image search? You litterally have all the tools at your disposal to find it yourself.
>>
File: 2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg (281KB, 1023x680px) Image search: [Google]
2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg
281KB, 1023x680px
>>49884916
Party retrieved the body after beating the BBEG, found the rest of his clan and asked what the customary last rites were, then gave him a viking funeral with the clan there.

>>49884953
That sucks, they burned me with all my gear so I'd have it in the next life.
>>
>>49884944
I Roved Out in Search of Truth and Love.
>>
>>49884944

rupert everton on tumblr and HF
>>
>>49884916
Never.
If they were worth mourning they were worth raising from the dead. If they weren't worth raising then why bother mourning? It's not like we lost anyone who mattered.
>>
File: get me out.png (355KB, 661x721px) Image search: [Google]
get me out.png
355KB, 661x721px
>die heroic death
>shrug and lean back, prepared to watch the rest of the night unfold/reroll something new later
>dm fucking loved my character
>suddenly 1 hp

i try to get out and they pull me back in, i tell ya.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49886100
Flavour text relevant?
>>
>>49886117
nail on the head, and saved.
>>
Resurrected him as a pack mule zombie.

It's what they would have wanted.
>>
>>49884916
I remember that someone posted that pic before with different lame attempt at a thread.
>>
>>49884916
Honestly, my group is a bunch of rollplaying murderhoboes, so they just left his corpse where it was and welcomed the strange new recruit with open arms. I'm torn as to whether I should try to change them, find a new group, or just run dungeon crawls and the like.

>>49884977
Not that anon, but I did and got nothing. Google, IQDB, Tineye, and SauceNao all had 0 results.

I'm all for telling people to try image searches, but please make sure the image in question can actually be found on one before doing so.
>>
Star wars, sergeant of the republic. After he fought and bested a biomechanized trandoshan, tackled and punched in the face a sith lord, exchanged blows with his apprentice and saved the life of the party twi'lek by medi-siringing her as she was agonizing on the ground all in the course of the same fight, he fell in a pit of force all for the sake of his mission.

He had his funeral as a hero of the republic and got promoted captain postumously based on the rest of te party reports.
>>
>>49884944
>>49884977
>>49886401

--------------------------------
>>49885359
>>49885515

Rupert Everton
>>
File: Sourcefag comparison.jpg (59KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
Sourcefag comparison.jpg
59KB, 927x380px
>>49884977

Reminder
>>
File: Kindred_Splash_0.jpg (4MB, 5084x3034px) Image search: [Google]
Kindred_Splash_0.jpg
4MB, 5084x3034px
>>49884916
With a Reincarnation spell and a new sword.

>What do we say to the god of death?
>"Same time next week."
>>
>>49884916
In life he was my meat shield, in death I made sure he continued his duties.

A bloody skeleton decked out in heavy enchanted armor with a tower shield. His AC was ridiculous, but his hp was crap.
>>
>>49884916
Given that he ate a gun during a Wild Hunt rather than return to Arcadia, my character didn't had the time to mourn - only to run, run and run some more.
We didn't found the body after that.
>>
>wait don't drink the soup!
>I strike a manly pose and swallow the bowl's contents in one swig
>you're at 1hp and the soup is corrosive to flesh, roll the save
>rolls 1
>>
>>49884916
Last party deaths in a game I played went like this
>In an old ruined fort
>skellingtons everywhere
>necromancer means they just dont stop coming
>mage and bard fuck off and leave me (fighter) and dorf
>dying dorf friend out cold on floor
>ends up with me alone trying to drag him out and fend off the skellingtons
>end up as a slumped over pincushion cradling some fat hairy dwarf
>mage manages to bring the fort entrence down, sealing the horrors in
>as the session ends the GM through a villager lets slip rumors about some cursed undead kngiht seeking revenge, and a small lonely shade has recently been sighted around the village
>>
File: 1476550203419.jpg (170KB, 754x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1476550203419.jpg
170KB, 754x1059px
>>49884916
It was my character actually a few sessions ago. We were low class, and we needed a horse for some reason, but we didnt have enough money. I was playing a veteran half ork barbarian, so I intimidated the horse seller to try and get a discount or something. Instead he ran away and got the guards. I then tried to get on the horse and get away, but failed and the horse attacked me, and it must have made some good rolls because it got me down to 3 health, by then the guards where there and killed me as I was covered in mud and looked too much like an ork (the campaighn was about a war between orks and humans, i didnt know this when i made my charcter). I was only with too other pcs who denied knowing me and left me to rot on the streets to avoid conflict with the guards. Love those guys, wouldnt trade them for the world
>>
>>49884916

They just kind of went despondent for a long, long while.
>>
File: wat.png (128KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
128KB, 500x281px
>>49887615
>the campaighn was about a war between orks and humans, i didnt know this when i made my charcter
Why do people do this?
>>
>>49887556
Your DM is doing it right.
>>
File: BardWoman.png (644KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BardWoman.png
644KB, 600x800px
>>49884916
They took the valuable magic items, except for the clothes and the mace that belonged to the dead, and buried him. And then they went to grieve at the pub in true character fashion: by giving a eulogy in there and drinking the sorrows away for a couple of days. And because the NPC was a cheerful cleric of life that was always telling them to "Smile/laugh a little. Life is too short to be sad and stressed all the time" they will party from sunrise to sundown in his memory.

Godspeed Henry, you glorious bastard. You finally got to go to heaven: at least let us poor sods in when we kick the bucket!
>>
>>49884916

The party draconic shaman died in a ambush (ironically, a dracotaur ambush) in the middle of the desert. His friends collected only the critical stuff they needed for their quest, and left the rest of his gear, before burning his body, not on a pyre for lack of wood, but with spells. The cleric did his best to remember the deceased's god's prayers, for his soul to find its way.

The party rogue got threatened by the others when he suggested they take his stuff for themselves. It was surprisingly bro-y of my murderhobos.
>>
>>49888085
We haven't actually made new characters yet either, we're tying up this plotline and the GM wants us to use our undead to help end what we were unable to do in life
Dorf is now a mute shade who can only communicate with my skellington ass, and I have to take sanity checks out the ass unless I stick with dorf ghost
Gotta admit I'd grown attached to my knigga, i'm almost hoping doing this will let me bring him back, though i've got a feeling the GM is going to either let us fade away peacefully, or whisk us off as NPCs
Though tbf, if he wanted he could have done that already
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.