[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is Kek edition Scion 2e is now on Kickstarter: https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: kek.png (317KB, 1356x1360px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
317KB, 1356x1360px
Where is Kek edition

Scion 2e is now on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/scion-2nd-edition-tabletop-rpg

Scion is a mythologically focused urban fantasy game set in a world where Gods and mythical beasts still walk the earth at the fringes of society, their worship never truly going away. Players take on the role of the children of these deities, blessed with ichor and extraordinary gifts. The line's core feature is the rising tiers of power as your character goes from their Origins as an exceptional mortal, growing into a powerful Hero, taking on the mantle of a Demigod, and finally reaching Apotheosis and taking your place alongside--or in opposition to--your divine parents as a God.
A sample of the rules can be found here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNubWNsYjBPQmdIY2M/view
and here
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/187949/Storypath-System-Preview

And here's a preview of the Egyptian pantheon, The Netjer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01LwCGSbE8kcG5hU2hWX1JrMVE/view
>>
>>49881200
Did that pic really happen or is it a shop? link to archive would be nice?
>>
>>49881548
It really happened. I was there and witnessed Kek's will.

Then the Holy 8s prophesied the return of Tay the Racist AI.

One can only imagine what wonders the 9s will bring us.
>>
So, what would Kek's affinity Purviews and Callings be?

From the What We Know wiki page,
>Q: Here is my question though: Can you tell us what purviews will be included in the core rules as of now [February 2016]. That would be fantastic. Thank you very much. (Blackfryre) [239]

>A: Beasts, Darkness, Death, Earth, Epic Dexterity, Epic Might, Epic Stamina, Fertility, Fire, Forge, Fortune, Frost, Health, Illusion, Moon, Sky, Sun, War, Water. There's four more I've got planned as potential stretch goals or Companion material. (Neall)

So, he's definitely got Beast (Frogs), Deception, Darkness, and Fortune as associated Purviews, and maybe Illusion as well. As for Callings, I definitely think he's got Trickster and Sage (all the prophecies), though I'm not sure about the third - Judge? Leader? Liminal? Creator?
>>
Random thought: I think that this system could be used for playing Primarchs, possibly in 30k, possibly in the default setting, saying that the Warp is a particularly chaotic Overworld and you're playing one of the two missing Primarchs who got tossed back in time/into another universe, because the Warp is sort of bullshit that way.

Thoughs?
>>
>when your favorite system is associated with asinine garbage from a garbage board
>>
>>49882905
How could Scion be your favorite system? The book's not even out yet, and 1e was a mechanical clusterfuck once you got above Legend 5 or 6.
>>
>>49882905
To be fair, "A bunch of idiots dicking around on the internet inadvertently awaken a forgotten, evil god who proceeds to drag the World more towards chaos" sounds pretty on-par for a Scion campaign.
>>
>starting a thread with a /pol/ meme

abandon thread
>>
>>49881548
The post number and board is all you need.
>>
>>49883752

I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.
>>
>>49881200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLzFeqWePo
>>
>>49884572
Praise the GOD EMPEROR!
KNEEL DOWN OR BE PURGED
>>
>>49883740
More like Unknown Armies, it has a whole class devoted to memeology.
>>
>>49884372
Yeah, no, that didn't work, unless I fucked something up in using hte archives:

>>>/pol/77777777
>>
>>49884679
It'd work for someone using 4chanX.

Anyway
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/77776483/#77777777
>>
>>49884760
Well shit, thanks.
>>
>>49884572
Donald Trump, Scion of Ra? I could see that happening, yeah. Probably with a Calling like "Modern-day Pharaoh".
>>
>>49881200
Jesus the Kickstarter really exploded at the end here. Doubt were gonna get the fourth part of the bestiary though
>>
>Goal 25000$
>It's over 300000$ now
Just hope it won't be a scam like Exalted 3E
>>
>>49887359

I don't expect the project to be fufilled until 2018 at the earliest. There's an awful lot that they put on their plate there.
>>
>>49887418
Origins and Hero are expected to release next year. That's all I'm concerned about right now: if they pull that off, I'm content with regards to progress.

I'm okay if the rest of the material is basically supplements for the next couple years or so. I'm just pissed that digital download backers can't up their pledge for a PDF of the Bestiary.
>>
>>49887466

Expect that to be really late next year or early 2018. They're always three to six months late on average, with Exalted 3e naturally being a huge outlier.
>>
>>49887359
It wont be unless one of the main devs gets majorly sick, the whole project gets leaked twice, and shitty artists are commisioned who need to be replaced last minute
>>
Scriptfags are the worst.
>>
> At $310,000, we will create a Community Content section on DTRPG.com that will allow folks who adhere to our standards' guide to create and post their own Scion 2e material on a royalty basis. We will also open up Scion 2e to licensed publishing with other companies.

Neat.
>>
So if I have the reward tier giving me just the origin pdf and book do i get the companion and bestary or do i need both pdf's/both books?
>>
>>49888913
>everyone will have to use xe as the standard pronoun instead of he/she
>enjoy your politically-correct censorship
>>
>>49888965

Still, it's the first Storyteller-ish game that will be open to third parties.
>>
>>49888965

Singular "They" is winning out in the prescriptivism wars, so I doubt we'll see any Spivak pronouns save for people "ironically" using them.
>>
File: God-Emperor.jpg (29KB, 621x344px) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor.jpg
29KB, 621x344px
>>49881816
Leader, clearly.
>>
So how does Isis feel about ISIS?
>>
>>49888935
anyone? I wanna know if i should bump up my pledge
>>
>>49887555
You forgot the LIES.
>>
>>49889683

Probably not too happy about it, all things considered.
>>
>>49888935

PDF level gets you the Companion, Physical gets you it and the Bestiary.

>>49889683

Given that her name is Aset, probably doesn't care.
>>
So is justice a purview or not?
>>
I guess scion threads really are dead, guess I'll have to read lame ass OPP forums and listen to Atma bitch about his precious Hathor.
>>
>>49897242

she's important
>>
>>49897280
She isn't a part of a good pantheon, so who cares.
>>
>>49897337

that's not very nice
>>
>>49897433
The Egyptian gods are just so laaaaaaame man, like, Anubis an the croc dood where kinda cool, but it turns out their super unfaithful to the lore so they're probably being changed.
>>
>>49897569

Sobek was actually spot on, and reads like a bad bara fetish character. Did you know his name derives from the verb for impregnation?
>>
>>49897602
Oh, well hype, now I wanna make a scion of him even more. He's a cool dood, even if he hates humans.
>>
>>49896098
I don't think so? A couple of the gods in the Irish preview have it but thats super old if i remember right. I think most of it got folded into order and something else.
>>
>>49898657
Might have also been folded into the Judge Calling.
>>
>>49881816

I would go with Beasts, Darkness, Water, Fortune, and Sun.
>>
>>49883740

>evil

He's mercurial and brings change.
>>
Funded!
>>
>>49901652
He's evil if you're Hillary.

Who's she a Scion of?
>>
>>49904658
Right here comes the waiting
>>
>>49904658
Technically we were funded under an hour after the Kickstarter went live. the Kickstarter is just officially over now.
>>
>>49904665
Moloch
>>
>>49904658

It's going to be a long wait. I just hope it isn't too long.
>>
>>49905587
may 2017
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.