[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't Vulkan leading the Salamanders? Why was a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: Vulkan.jpg (10KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan.jpg
10KB, 182x277px
Why wasn't Vulkan leading the Salamanders?
Why was a single Inquisitor the only one who knew Vulkan was still around? Nevermind exactly where he was.
>>
>>49881012
Because the Beast series is one good idea covered in a mountain of shit ones.
>>
>>49881012
Vulkan is shit anyway :^)
>>
>>49881012
Why were there Razorbacks and Centurions in M32?

The answer is easy OP. BL is shit, has no idea what they're doing, and by and large should be ignored
>>
>>49881012
>Why wasn't Vulkan leading the Salamanders?

They have to prove themselves worthy by finding all his relics.

>Why was a single Inquisitor the only one who knew Vulkan was still around? Nevermind exactly where he was.

Maybe he had investigated it.
>>
>>49881065
*BLAM* Heresy
>>
>>49881012
>Why was a single Inquisitor the only one who knew Vulkan was still around? Nevermind exactly where he was.
Is Black Library literally stealing shit from LordLucan now?
>>
>>49881012
I have not read this series. How is it overall? Does it show stuff from Ork perspective? Only thing I know of with that is deff squadron. Blood and Thunder is from an guardsmans perspective.
>>
>>49881065
At least Vulkan didn't commit suicide via assassin and even if he did, he's too manly to actually die from it.
>>
File: ork how.jpg (61KB, 364x331px) Image search: [Google]
ork how.jpg
61KB, 364x331px
>>49883135

Behold.

There are six Beasts. They are internally called Prime-Orks. They are where the six Ork Klans came from, in imitation of the Space Marine Legions that beat them down during the Crusade. The Goffs, for instance, dress in Black because those were the colors of the Sons of Horus, who were obviously strong because they beat the Orkz. The main Beast (of the Goffs) is killing humans because he was butthurt about getting rekt on Ullanor, the Ork Homeworld. Yes.

Ork human-farms. Ork Death Stars that use extradimensional tech to move entire planets. Ork diplomats. It gets so bad that the Black Templars and Iron Warriors team up and kill some orks together.

Vulkan is allegedly killed by the Waaagh energy for good by word of god.

The Imperium gets the Sisters of Silence and forms the Deathwatch to kill the Orks. They fuck up multiple times until Black Library realized they had one last book to conclude the fight in book 11 and then the Imperium wins. They win by draining an Ork Weirdboy of Waaagh by sitting him in a room with Sisters of Silence, so when they walk away, the weirdboy absorbs waaagh energy like a sponge and overloads everything nearby. This kills the Beasts. Time for Vangorich to go nuts now!
>>
>>49883135
It's garbage on par with a Marvel Comics event. Avoid and be happier for it.
>>
File: IMG_1327.png (117KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.png
117KB, 444x440px
>>49883277
>>
>>49881100

I don't remember either on the books.
>>
Anyone has Shadows of Ullanor yet?
>>
File: 1327372450490.jpg (36KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
1327372450490.jpg
36KB, 400x373px
It says something that the fucking Emperasque had a better explanation for where Vulkan was than Black Library did, and it predicted he would have infinite healing about five two years before Vulkan Lives came out.
>>
>>49883277
>>49883435
its worse than that, the Weirdboy thing ends poorly, a majority of the orks version of custodes die, but none of the Beasts die.

Also can I just ask, why?

Why did none of the Imperial officers on the war council suggest blowing up Ullanor? They know the Beast was there, they knew exactly where the fucker was on the planet.

By the end of the latest book, the last Imperial Fist is a slither from death and needs to be in stasis, Vulkan is still dead, most of the SoS are dead, the Commander Militant of the entire Imperium is fucked (the last IF btw). Millions of guardsmen, Mechanicus and Militatorum are dead. Hundreds of Space Marines are dead, thousands or rare vehicles are destroyed.

Dozens of worlds ripped apart and obliterated.

And of course billions of citizens massacred.

AND THERE ARE STILL TWO FUCKING BOOKS LEFT!? HOW GW HOW! How the fuck is this going to be resolved? What can the leader of the Black Templars do th-

Oh, I see. Faith. That's how they'll do it. You cheeky sons of bitches....
>>
>>49883277
>>49884050
This is seriously cs goto tier shit. I always wonder if the writers actually know the lore or if they actually enjoy wh40k, because some of the shit is beyond retarded.
>>
>>49883356
That's actually a pretty solid summary of it, although I'd still argue that The Beast Arises is still better than any Marvel event in the past ten-ish years.
>>
File: Poe.jpg (28KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Poe.jpg
28KB, 600x315px
>>49883277
>Vulkan is allegedly killed by the Waaagh energy for good by word of god.
I'm gonna need a source on that.

I mean, I find Vulkan being a perpetual, and perpetuals in general, a really dumb idea (or, at least, an okay idea done poorly), but that's really fucking stupid, if true.
>>
>>49881012

Vulkan is dead, killed by the fulgurite. Dead as any non-demonic Primarch. The sooner the loyalfags accept it the sooner we can go back to discussing proper lore.
>>
>>49881100
>Why were there Razorbacks and Centurions in M32?

I read all the books and I don't remember seeing any of those things. Are you being a cunt or what?

>>49881012
Read about the Relic hunt and the prophecy about it.
>>
File: Vulkan vs the Beast.png (379KB, 5112x680px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan vs the Beast.png
379KB, 5112x680px
>>49884050
The Beast was defeated in the latest book.

>>49884243
There is no source that says he died. He failed in his mission to kill the Beast but after the explosion we have no idea what happened to him. Salamander think he is alive.

Posting Vulkan vs Beast fight.
>>
File: Vulkan vs the beast 2.png (366KB, 5112x680px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan vs the beast 2.png
366KB, 5112x680px
>>49884658
>>
>>49884615
One of the loyalist primarchs is alive though
>>
The promotional text for the next book says that while the Beast waaaagh! drama was playing out, the true threat was looming over all. Its thirsting laugher echoing throughout the void between stars, it's hunger for human souls knowing no limit.

Any idea what is this mysterious enemy is?
>>
>>49884669

Which one?
>>
>>49884707
The Lion is confirmed to be alive and well albeit in a coma within a hidden room inside the Rock.
>>
>>49883277
What shit. The primeorks are kind of neat sounding but it looks like this series is a clusterfuck. I just want some good Ork fluff to pass the time. Putting them on the table can be painful.
>>
>>49883277

What the literal shit.

I mean it was bad enough when LOL ORK MOON OVER TERRA happened but I bailed as soon as I read the Ork diplomat thing where the Imperium /fucking allowed Xenos scum to not just land on Terra but to land at the Palace/ believing that was peak retard, but they somehow managed to make that look like a masterpiece of logic.
>>
>>49884681
Chaos
>>
>>49884681
Sounds like Tyranids to me.
>>
>>49881012
Because 40k is a poorly written mess that reads like a collection of passive aggressive post it notes?
>>
>>49884681
geez I wonder what always happens when a human-xeno fight happens.

fucking chaos has to stick its overwanked dick in to have all just as planned, that's what.
>>
>>49884633
>>49883460
Razorbacks are mentioned in Throneworld once, maybe twice.
Centurions are pretty blatant in Shadows of Ullanor.
>>
What I like about the Beast Series is that it BTFO out of Orkfans.

The statement that if Orks ever unite they would roll over the galaxy was disproved. The Beast united nearly all the Orks in the galaxy in a galaxy size Waaaagh! and it ended in failure with Imperium emerging victorious albeit with a high cost.

Also there are numerous in-verse and out-verse statements that pointed at this invasion like all Ork invasions are doomed to fail, and that the Orks are acting as a distraction to the real threat.
>>
Is this series worth a look? I liked the first few HH books if that helps and couldn't stand
legion
>>
>>49885797
>I liked the first few HH books if that helps
That's because unlike the rest of the series. They're good.
>>
>>49883277
>They win by draining an Ork Weirdboy of Waaagh by sitting him in a room with Sisters of Silence, so when they walk away, the weirdboy absorbs waaagh energy like a sponge and overloads everything nearby. This kills the Beasts. Time for Vangorich to go nuts now!
Maybe I missed something, but I also don't think they explain why the Wierdboy exploding stuns the Beast in the second invasion, but kills him and every Ork on Ullanor in the third.
>>
>>49885770
>The statement that if Orks ever unite they would roll over the galaxy was disproved
>Black Library
>disproved
No.
>>
>>49886271
The Beast Waaagh! was mentioned first in the codexes and rulebooks. Orks unite for a galaxy wide Waaagh! and get wrecked by the Imperium.

Orkfans eternally BTFO!
>>
>>49885501
>fucking chaos has to stick its overwanked dick in

Please, this has been heavily hinted throughout the series.
>>
So, did BL copy the plot of Dawn of War?
>>
>>49885845

They do explain it. There was a wounded sister near the weirdboy the first time. The Weirdboy bomb didn't go off fully.
>>
>>49884658

one of the authors on heresy online said he died
>>
>>49883277
TL;DR: The main things that make Orks a threat are actually things not found in Orks outside of this series.

How fun.
>>
>>49888165
Source? Post the threat.
>>
>>49883494
https://mega.nz/#!31dE1QRS!lZ2LapwWPKsMyw5-UkH5RQIIQk2BsDVzb60y0dFax7A

The only good one in the series was Shadows of the Long War with the interesting stuff on the ork world where they were farming humans, etc. Did for orks what Gaunts Ghosts did for chaos, but all the rest was just 'orks get bigger' and 'orks get supertech that they forget immediately after this conflict'.
>>
>Ork empire gets larger than ever seen before, inside Imperial space, without anyone noticing.
>Entire segmentum solar collapses in a few months to orks.
>Orks literally larger than dreadnoughts.
>Imperium invades Ullanor three times, taking massive casualties including their last Primarch, trying to assassinate the beast. They don't even discuss using exterminatus on the planet despite it being a direct threat to the entire Imperium.
>Weirdboy bombs consistently shown to only kill orks in the immediate area, with two of them detonating in Gorkogrod without killing all the Primorks.
>Last one kills them all for no apparent reason.
>Imperium never uses this against orks ever again.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.