[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the Chaos Gods BTFO the Tyranids? Suppose they cared about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1463998274004.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1463998274004.png
98KB, 612x491px
Could the Chaos Gods BTFO the Tyranids?

Suppose they cared about their complete and utter annihilation, could they do it and how?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>49879792
No. The Chaosfags are going to tell you otherwise, but the answer is no. The Chaos Gods can't just snap their fingers and have all their dreams come true, they gotta fight for it like every other Warhammer faction.
>>
>>49879792
They would charge up into Super Saiya-Jin God Mode, and then their power levels would rise and rise until their numbers were bigger than the numbers of any others, and they would become S-RANKED GOD CARDS and they would win because they would have bigger numbers!
>>
>>49879792
>Could the Chaos Gods BTFO the Tyranids?

Yes.

>could they do it and how?

Blow up the Hivemind.

>>49879862
>the answer is no. The Chaos Gods can't just snap their fingers and have all their dreams come true

He didn't ask if they could just snap their fingers, he asked if they could defeat them and the answer is yes. Chaos is the most powerful faction, so one on one they could defeat anyone else.
>>
>>49879792
The only thing that can stop the Chaos Gods is the Emperor. This has been stated in every edition. As soon as the Emperor goes byebye, Chaos will annihilate the Materium.

The Tyranids are probably the only faction in all of 40k that categorically cannot win no matter what -- anything that would give victory to the Tyranids would just be giving victory to Chaos.
>>
The destruction of the Tyranids would only come with the destruction of the Hive Mind, and we have no definitive answer on how or across what number of beings in or outside the galaxy it is manifested.

Chaos lore mentions Kharn claiming the skulls of creatures said to be extragalactic (which could just as well be Tyranids), that is, as far as I know, the only instance where it's mentioned Chaos has reach outside the (mirror realm of) the realspace galaxy.

There is Rogue Trader fluff of a Genestealer cultist telling a Chaos cultist that the Tyranids came because they sensed 'impurities' in the warp fabric of this galaxy, and they're here to cleanse it of Chaos by eating it. This is all presumably overwritten by 3rd Ed+ lore of the Astronomicon being their target
>>
Tyranids could just invade the warp and eat the Chaos gods.
>>
>>49881856
>that is, as far as I know, the only instance where it's mentioned Chaos has reach outside the (mirror realm of) the realspace galaxy.

Please speak no further of what you do not know.
>>
>>49881891
So cool and cryptic. Maybe you could fill us in.
>>
>>49881910
Maybe you could just read the most basic of faction lore.
>>
>>49881827
>The Tyranids are probably the only faction in all of 40k that categorically cannot win no matter what
LaughingTau.jpeg
>>
>>49881942
A piece of lichen on the floor has a better chance to win than the tyranids, because the lichen is not, at every step of its journey, acting to achieve victory for Chaos.
>>
Isn't the Shadow in the Warp effectively a DDOS of the local warp?
>>
>>49881999
I was making a joke about the Tau Anon.

Try to be less defensive if you want people to converse with you instead of just leaving.
>>
>>49882012
Yes it is. I'm not sure why that hasn't been brought up yet. I understand that the Chaos Gods themselves wouldn't just poof away upon exposure, but it would still severely fuck their shit up.

During the Fall of Shadowbrink the Shadow in the Warp overtook a Great Unclean One.
>>
>>49882052

There's a difference between being defensive (of what, I couldn't say) and simply not finding your joke funny.
>>
Khorne probably could, since he has that bullshit sword of his. He could just slash his way into realspace, fuck up a fleet, and then go bacl to thr throne. Rinse and repeat.

I don't think any of the other gods have that kind of mobility into realspace though, so in that regard I think Khorne is the only capable one.
>>
>>49882090
The daemons were guaranteed to starve either way, it was just evaporating them.

The old version of the Shadow in the Warp was much cooler, imo, because it was principally an anti-Chaos defensive measure and a "domestication" of the Warp. That made the Tyranids more credible versus Chaos, along with the Hive Mind apparently being aware of the Chaos Gods and having a plan to deal with them.
>>
>>49881827
>anything that would give victory to the Tyranids would just be giving victory to Chaos.
If tyranids devoured all other life in the universe wouldn't the Chaos Gods die? Aren't they sustained by emotion?
>>
I don't think the chaos gods can reach the tyranids. The shadow in the warp cuts off their reach. They'd have to physically go through the eye of terror to do battle with the nids, which they've never done before and probably won't do.
>>
>>49882528
The Tyranids are doing a bull rush for the Emperor, which will enable Chaos to obliterate/merge with the Materium, and the Tyranids will of course be gone forever. 99% of the life in the galaxy will be just fine.

It is unlikely anything could happen in Warhammer 40k that could destroy the Chaos Gods, as opposed to severing their access from the setting.

If Newnids had the intelligence and plans of the Oldnids, such as not primarily focus on the Astronomicon, they could definitely pull it off.

Even wiping out humanity would ... do something... to Chaos. A lot of xenos think exterminating humanity would stop Chaos, which shows they're ignorant about Khorne, but it is safe to say humanity is one big ticking Chaos bomb either way. On the other hand, the Emperor is apparently the only thing stopping the Chaos Gods from melting realspace.

Personally I much prefer the fluff about the Chaospocalypse being humans becoming a mass gateway for daemons and them manifesting all over the place in realspace, not simply realspace derezzing into the Realm of Chaos instantly.
>>
>which one of these poorly descripted internally and externally contradictory mary sue factions would win?
Gee I dunno, pick a dick you like and suck it.
>>
>>49882744
Asking which would win, and what exactly the Chaos Gods can do directly to people, are two very different questions.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.