[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TOP 10 MOST IMPACTFUL MTG CARDS OF 2016 THREAD. POST YOUR PICKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: tks.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
tks.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
TOP 10 MOST IMPACTFUL MTG CARDS OF 2016 THREAD. POST YOUR PICKS FOR THE TOP 10 CARDS OF THE YEAR HERE:

Pic Related.
>>
>>49877126
Co co
Siegel rhino
Treasure cruse
Dig through time
Kolagahn's command
>>
Kalitas and Prized Amalgam must be somewhere in that top 10.
>>
>>49877276
None of which were released this year
>>
Whatever the top 10 price masterpieces and bfz expeditions are.
>>
Thought-Knot Seer
Reality Smaher
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
Nahiri, the Harbringer
Prized Amalgam
Grim Flayer
Ulamog Ceaseless Hunger
Gideon Ally of Zendikar
Eldrazi Mimic
Selfless Spirit
>>
>>49877463
Reflector mage should probably be in there somewhere.
>>
>>49877126
1. TKS & Friends
2. Prized Amalgam
3. Enemy Fastlands
4. Recruiter of the Guard
5. Kalitas
6. Torrential Gearhulk
7. Grim Flayer
8. Spell Queller
9. Liliana, the Last Hope
10. Smuggler's Copter

Honorable Mentions: Nahiri the Harbinger, Chandra Torch of Defiance, Daretti Ingenious Iconoclast, Archangel Avacyn, Sanctum Prelate, Wandering Fumarole, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Thing in the Ice, and Eldritch Evolution
>>
>Thought-Knot Seer
For, along with Reality Smasher (who almost got here), being the poster boy for the Nu-drazi
>Eldrazi Mimic
For being so cancerous they had to neuter both his deck and Tron
>Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
For being a bitch to deal with
>Goblin Dark-Dwellers
For maximum value during the last remnants of the 4-color meta
>Sylvan Advocate
For being the biggest 2-drop scam since Tarmogoyf
>Reflector Mage
For being a fucking faggot value creature, both with CoCo and without
>Archangel Avacyn
For being both control, aggro and midrange player's wet dream of value and flash
>Westvale Abbey
For being hidden in the Land Stack (tm) and coming out of nowhere to flip and kill you
>Thalia's Lieutenant
For giving the worst tribe a fighting fucking chance
>Nahiri, the Harbinger
For giving birth to a whole new all-in Modern archetype
>Selfless Spirit
For giving people even less reasons to play any sort of burn or creature removal
>Prized Amalgam
For single-handedly reviving Dredge as a Modern archetype
>Ishkanah, Grafwidow
For literally being free stats
>Emrakul, the Promised End
For being an interesting and not broken mindslaver effect
>Grim Flayer
For being the biggest 2-drop scam since Sylvan Advocate
>Spell Queller
For being almost as big of a bitch as Reflector Mage
>Elder Deep-Fiend
For possibly being the only NWO card that interacts with an opponent's ability to produce mana
>Smuggler's Copter
For being another one of those insane value trains in an environment that has literally zero ways to deal with him at instant speed
>Glimmer of Genius
For single-handedly bringing back draw-go control as an archetype
>Torrential Gearhulk
For being the other hand that helped bring back draw-go control as an archetype

Yes, it's more than 10. I just can't decide.
>>
>>49877463
Gideon and Ulamog were released last year, bro
>>
>>49877520
>one entire noncreature spell in that list

Bravo Wizards
>>
>>49877517
>Liliana in the top 10
>Nahiri honorable mention
>Enemy fucking fastlands in the top 10

Lolwut
>>
>>49877557
2, actually. Planeswalkers are not creatures.
>>
>>49877520
I can agree with most of this list.
>>
>>49877535
Holy shit, times go by.

So probably Recruiter of the Guard and Thalia's Liutenant.
>>
>>49877520
Been going over it and I agree with most of the choices, I find it really hard to prune that list down to 10 while any cards I'd like to add are less impactful than these
>>
>>49877663
You can cut everything that will only impact standard and you will have a top 10 list.
>>
>>49877520
Eldrazi Mimic shouldn't be on that list. It had zero impact on standard and wouldn't be played without TKS or Reality Smasher to make it better.

Ishkanah and Westvale Abbey shouldn't be there either and Dank Dwellers is pretty questionable.
>>
>>49877562
1. Liliana is the best 3 mana walker Standard has gotten since Ashiok, a card I most certainly consider a top 10 card of 2013, the year Theros came out. Not to mention it's the closest we're EVER going to get to a Standard-legal Liliana of the Veil reprint., at least in the foreseeable future. Seems pretty good to me.

2. Nahiri is a card similar to Primeval Titan, as in, on it's own, it's a very average Planeswalker. Just as Prime Time would have been the worst M11 Titan had it not been for Valakut and Kessig Wolf Run, Nahiri would have been about even with Ob and Sorin had it not been for the existence of old Emrakul. It's not the card itself that's good, it's the synergy with other cards.

3. Fastlands are the third most played land cycle in the Modern format, next to only Fetchlands and Shocklands. Why wouldn't the long-awaited enemy cycle be in the top 10?
>>
>>49877520
Grim Flayer isn't a scam though
>>
>>49877866
Yeah, except Nahiri was fucking designed to work with OG Emrakul.
There is no bad in theory, good in pratice. If it's good in pratice, the theory is outright wrong.
>>
>>49878003
...That's literally the same thing as Prime Time. Prime Time sucks, Valakut and Wolf Run were just OP. Likewise, Nahrii sucks, Emrakul is just OP.
>>
>>49877849
>this terrible opinion
You realize that Westvale is basically an edh staple in any black token deck, which is like half of all black decks, right? It's hilariously good.

Also:
>implying you mimic those baby shoes eldrazi in any non-retarded format when it specifies colourless creature
>>
>>49878046
>Primeval Titan sucks
>Card interaction with others don't add value to it's power
Found the Junk player
>>
>>49878046
Flash sucks without Protean Hulk, Dark Depths sucks without Thespian's Stage or Vampire Hexmage, and Natural Order sucks without Progenitus or Craterhoof Behemoth. Are those cards shit too?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.