[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you wish to play one day but you know you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: Header-708x404.jpg (51KB, 708x404px) Image search: [Google]
Header-708x404.jpg
51KB, 708x404px
ITT: Games you wish to play one day but you know you're never ever gonna play.
>>
Run it yourself like I am.
>>
>>49875960
Anima BF
TBZ
Fantasy craft
>>
>>49875960
mage the ascension
iron kingdoms
eclipse phase
>>
>>49875960
literally anything
>>
File: awr_cover.png (113KB, 220x284px) Image search: [Google]
awr_cover.png
113KB, 220x284px
>>49875960
Someday in my imagination
>>
>>49875960
Heralds of Ruin
>>
Eclipse Phase
Ars Magicka
Pendragon
Riddle of Steel/Song of Swords
Traveller
Realistic GURPS Rainbow Six game
GURPS Everyone-Is-Wizards-Now-Have-Fun
GURPS Infinite Worlds
Overwatch-style Savage Worlds Superhero game
Some post-apoc game
nWoD Vampire
nWoD Changeling
nWoD Geist
Fucked up LoTFP game
Microscope

I think that's almost all
>>
>>49875960

LARP with rape
>>
>>49878430
I've got a group going. We meet every full moon in a moonlit grove to make sacrifices to Moloch before we play.
>>
File: sitelogo_center.gif (4KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
sitelogo_center.gif
4KB, 160x120px
one day, surely

never ever ;_;
>>
>>49875960
I've seen art from thsi thrown around a lot but no PDF. Anyone got a link so i can check out what the hell this is?
>>
>>49878882
https://mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w
>>
>>49878892
Cool. thanks
>>
>>49878892
Can't get that link to work. Do i need to do something to the link or something to make it work?
>>
>>49875960
Anima: Beyond Fantasy
Zodiac
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures
>>
I'd like to try F.A.T.A.L someday to see if it's as bad as everyone says.
>>
Mouse Guard.
>>
Anything that isn't pathfinder.
Because one guy refuses to play in any game that isn't 3.PF, and insists that if we're going to play a different system he has to DM it, which means the game never happens.
>>
No one will ever agree to play Time Wizards with me
>>
>>49880230
How about ignoring that guy?
>>
Sort of related, anyone here have experience with playing games with people from /tg/?

Is it sort of bad like /v/ or manageable?

because I feel like /tg/ is a place where getting someone interested in >>49880256 doesn't seem that hard considering it's an old meme that basically anyone here knows anyway.
>>
>>49875960
Eclipse Phase.
Unknown Armies.
Black Crusade.
Deathwatch.
Only War if it lasts past the first two sessions

>tfw you're Forever GM and also surrounded by flaky players who refuse to learn new systems besides PF or the 40k RPGs
>>
>>49880326
Because then we have two players and a DM [apoiler] and with two of us being girls, we don't feel comfortable gaming into the local game store[/spoiler]
>>
>>49875960

Apocalypse World
Shadowrun
Dark Heresy
anything that isn't DND... sigh...
>>
>>49880360
It's easy to get online games going, but I'm in an environment where getting my coworkers and friends into gaming means I have to convince a bunch of soldiers that table-tops aren't gay to get them interested. So I'm stuck with star wars initially until I get them interested in 40k with demons, titties, and righteous fury.
>>
>>49880628

what a sexist thing to say

I'm sure the neckbeards at your local game store are a real threat to you

please stay in hiding forever
>>
>>49875960

>Legends of the Wulin
>Tenra Banshou Zero
>Burning Wheel
>Battle Century G
>In Nomine
>Godbound

Emphasis on "play," since I've already GMed some of those.
>>
File: nechronica.png (162KB, 497x586px) Image search: [Google]
nechronica.png
162KB, 497x586px
Half of one group isn't interested and the other group is in scheduling hell forever.

And I'd rather not play yandere necro guro loli simulator with randoms.
>>
>>49880681
>soldiers
>afraid of gay things
What a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>49880727
You deal with a whale performing heavy breathing down your neck, taking over your game space for their game, and assuming that you don't know the rules.
Not threatening, but it makes it really hard to game.
>>
Anima because I want to play not DM
IKRPG same reason
>>
Shadowrun. It's one of the best settings I've ever encountered. I've been looking for a game ever since Shadowrun Returns was released and I found myself involved with this hobby. For all of their faults, the first pair of Co-GMs spoiled me on games that are true to the setting. I know I'll never find someone as good as them who goes out of their way to immerse you in the world. Every game I've potentially been a part of has had its share of joke characters, and not ones that you can still enjoy like TwoDee from his little story. Oh, I hate TwoDee out of pure jealousy for him getting to experience a game as good as the one he did. It's also a very insular community by my reckoning because it's a very complicated system and most experienced GMs don't really care to explain the ins and outs to a new person. Getting into a Shadowrun game fresh is more difficult than breaking into the BDSM community as a submissive male and that shit's almost impossible.
>>
LotFP
Unknown Armies
Dead of Night
Kult (maybe)
>>
File: Worth Playing.png (15KB, 440x71px) Image search: [Google]
Worth Playing.png
15KB, 440x71px
>>49879704
Good luck on finding other people willing to make it to the end of character creation with you. Also let us know if it's remotely worth it when you include things like whatever amount of nerd cred stomaching character creation + a full session gets you,
>>
Deadlands.
No one in my group likes the setting.
>>
I want a bunch of RPGs. Mainly Shadowrun and MAID. I think I might play them eventually, but I don't think it's going to be any time soon. In particular I want to try something a fa/tg/uy came up with.

Oh I also want to try out Robo Rally, but WotC won't hand out a demo copy to my FLGS.
>>
>>49880757
>Getting to play systems you like
ha.
ha ha.
>>
>>49883713
It sounds like you're speaking from experience. It's easy for me to say this because I won't be the one dealing with the unpleasant circumstance if it doesn't workout, and because this hasn't let me down (because I never needed to try it), but you could try again every once in a while. Particularly if those people disrupting your game aren't there anymore, or better yet, try at a new store.

At the same time, I wish you luck on expanding your play group.
>>
>>49879704
Same here. It sound like the ultimate lolrandumb game
>>
>>49879704
>>49885415

It isn't as bad as everyone says.

It's even worse.
Trust me, there's a line between bad RPGs and FATAL, just like there's a line between BDSM and stabbing your partner with rusty nails under the fingernails.
>>
>>49885427
I've read the entire monstrosity. It doesn't sound bad.
>>
>>49885468
>It doesn't sound bad.
See, it has already eroded your sanity.
>>
>>49885632
Nope. With a responsible GM and players it can be slapstick comedy. It certainly has the potential for that
>>
>>49875960
FFG 40k, any of them. No one I know who's into RPGs want to invest the time getting familiar with 40k lore, and anyone who already is happens to be surly Greybeards who I don't get along with.
>>
>>49875960
As someone who's run Degenesis: it's really mediocre
>>
>>49875960
Didn't the company that was making it ditch it this year after they released it a while ago?
>>
>>49885712
Original, or Rebirth?
>>
File: Pendrag__n__pdf__55916a4612970.jpg (214KB, 700x975px) Image search: [Google]
Pendrag__n__pdf__55916a4612970.jpg
214KB, 700x975px
>>49875960

And pretty much every single game that I have bought.
>>
>>49880640
Turn them onto Torchbearer anon.
>>
>>49875960
You are not missing out much. The settings pretty shit and the system itself is nothing special.
>>
>>49880326
This.

>>49880628
You only need a kitchen table and 4 chairs. Are you telling me that 3 of you don't have access to one kitchen table and 4 chairs?
>>
>>49880398
Black Crusade.
Deathwatch.
Only War.

trust me. you dodged a bullet. The way the game is made and the way official adventures are written (GM later told us he used premade adventures. i though he was just being a bad GM and couldn't get rid of d&d mentality.) it feels like you are playing D&D in space. Sometimes even dungeon crawling with room 1 encounter, room 2 encounter etc.
>>
Paranoia
>>
So how many of you are actually making an effort to try and play these games?
>>
>>49886541
I'm going to be running a Ravenloft-y Anima game at some point. Either before or after one of the other guys in my group runs Black Crusade.
>>
>Two different GMs have offered to run a JoJo game
>First one had real life issues come up + none of the other players actually knew what JoJo was and just wanted to be edgy vampires (it was a Stand User game)
>2nd one just didn't come online after our first convo about characters and shit
>I bumped that thread about some other guy's JoJo campaign about half a dozen times out of hope of finding another GM

I just wanna be fabulous and have a punchghost, /tg/
>>
>>49886541

I'm working on a Exalted Game where players are playing DragonBlooded. House politics, schemes and legion life. Veni, vidi, vici
>>
>>49886621
Are you using 2e?
>>
>>49883433
Right? Can't wait to be assigned to a Cav unit
>>
>>49886635

currently just going through the setting. Not even sure if I'll use the system. I know it is a FUBAR and uses more dice that shadowrun.
>>
Anything that's not fucking DND or dnd like (pathfinder)

like god damn learning a new TT isn't that difficult but my group is afraid of it like they can't read or something.
>>
>>49886651
3e apparently works much better, but only has Solars. Might want to get onto /exg/ for mechanical advice.
>>
>>49879731
Don't. The book is nice and has lots of pretty illustrations, but the game is terrible when you play it. The basic mechanics are just terrible. Learn from my mistakes, anon.
>>
>>49875960
Nechronica
Maid
>>
>>49885905
Rebirth
>>
>>49886659

From what I seen of 3rd ed high level play consists of people one shoting each other and that isn't something I like.
>>
>>49886702
2e's even worse for that. High-power 2e combat rapidly becomes 'perfect defence or die'.
>>
>>49876861
my nigga
>>
>>49880360
Alpha tested Adeptus Evangelion v3 with BMJ and 3 other /tg/-folk. It was great, to be honest.
>>
>>49880827
It's better with randoms
Trust me
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.