[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT - We discuss the Dragons we have used in our campaigns, unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: bahamut.jpg (341KB, 558x722px) Image search: [Google]
bahamut.jpg
341KB, 558x722px
ITT - We discuss the Dragons we have used in our campaigns, unique concepts we've had for them, and Dragons we WANT to implement in the future. Also, Post Dragons.
>>
Dragons as nobility in a land inspired by the Holy Roman Empire.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 450x253px
Dragons are seen as Great Guardian Spirits for cities and occasional towns to keep the creatures of vô (Think Grimm except lesser demons spat out by semi-random portals to the abyss) at bay. It's a symbiotic relationship really. The dragons grow and survive on the ambient aura created by humans and the humans get the protection of friendly magical dragons. Haven't decided how this ties to royalty yet.
>>
Fafnir expy that uses gold and gems to fuel his spells/powers
>>
>>49872737
Last Dragon I used in my campaign was a Barrow-Dragon. That's to say, a dragon that guards the bodies of sleeping druids deep underground in their Barrow Dens. It was nursed back to health by druids after they found it crashed in the forest, and wingless. They planted twin oaks in the roots of its wings, and the dragon bound itself to their protection.
>>
File: 1472163411894.jpg (767KB, 1046x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1472163411894.jpg
767KB, 1046x1150px
>>49872654
>Dragons we have used in our campaigns
In my current campaign, the party fought a volcanic dragon with little self-destructing fire elemental minions that kept making its sulfurous fume aura ignite on the party. And a gray dragon that was a pretty standard knock down, drag out fight, save the cloud of darkness it could make as part of its black dragon heritage.

>unique concepts we've had for them
Not really 'unique', I guess, but Bahamut and Tiamat were killed and, following the steps of Io, their souls and power got split between a bunch of progeny.

One of the PCs is collecting them, with the ultimate goal of becoming a replacement for Io. It's a high level campaign.

>Dragons we WANT to implement in the future
A huge list. But most prominently, one of Bahamut's exarchs, who is carrying a shard of Bahamut's soul. The final one the PC will need. Rather than being a battle, it'll be a test of morality. Have to make sure the successor is worthy, after all.
>>
>>49872835
Fucking A, bro, I like your style all the way around. I never bothered with anything volcanic in nature for a dragon, because of the firebreath trope from every piece of fantasy ever. All of your other ideas are pretty rad.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>49872654
Dragons are slumbering guardian wider than the plain, taller than the mountain. They, themself, are the part of the environment. Only to wake when their domain is threaten ( legendary quest giver). They see all in their domain as subject and therefore will punish severely if they do an unspeakable crime. Demon and God are but child before their eyes. The world is made of but dragon corpse and scale, and in all thing a dragon's essence. And these are but still young, there are younger one and there are creature the mimics them. When they are old enough they leave the graveyard nest and venture out. The sun is but their incubator.
>>
>>49872654
One of my players is a dragon and just doesn't remember it.
>>
>>49872654
One of the oldest empires in the world is the Dawa'naia Salṭanah, the Golden Empire. Founded by a group of dragons who fought against the serpentfolk kingdoms in the late period of the Age of Creation, it is the sacred homeland for the dragonborn and kobolds and one of the few places dragons can move about freely without being hunted down. Currently ruled over by Nam-Lugal Shagaraktiyash, a young golden dragon that has ruled for almost 300 years.

The heart of the empire consists of several city states each ruled over by a draconic family, who have passed rulership among them since the empires beginning. Nam Lugal Shagaraktiyash was given rulership after an attempted coup by one of the families resulted in the murder of the previous Nam-Lugal.
>>
In my one campaign world Dragons are like the ultimate epitome of sin, a grand demon. So much their very presence corrupts, their blood and breath burns, and the very earth denies them. By consuming their heart you learn the knowledge of good and evil and the truth of reality, which has driven the few who have done so mad. Their spilled blood taints the land and mutates all it touches. It's radioactive venom acid essentially. The last slain dragon caused a mutating plague that persists to the current era and marked a swathe of the country side permanently.

In another they're the guardians of the treasures and wealth of the gods, and created dragonborn to be accountants. Since the gods are dead the dragons lord over these stashes, and are driven to gather more.
>>
File: 1280451473851.jpg (323KB, 1146x781px) Image search: [Google]
1280451473851.jpg
323KB, 1146x781px
Current dragon is sort of a nebulous goal for the the players, as it decimated the once great human empire and forced them to flee to the jungle frontier across the sea. Humans as a race cling to existence by a hair, and it remains to be seen if the PCs try and mount an expedition back to retake the homeland, or focus on a new future in the present environs.
>>
>>49872654
I'm DMing a game where the villian is a green dragon called "Bakrema The Amorous"; he's a shape-shifter and trickster who keeps a cadre' of his own half dragon children in his company at all times, guiding them to be rebels and rabble rousers against weakened governments after major disasters, then installing his children as puppet-rulers, and leaving them to syphon off wealth to him and the rest of the family/corporation.
>>
File: CouncilofWyrms.jpg (115KB, 679x768px) Image search: [Google]
CouncilofWyrms.jpg
115KB, 679x768px
>>49872654
Anyone ever run a successful campaign in this setting? I tried a few times with my usual group but starting out as baby dragons was... well, it was weird.
>>
Very very old dragon is sick of just collecting as much treasure as he possibly can, now exclusively collects vintage gold coins. After sorting through his entire hord of old and keeping only the rare and interesting mints, he goes raiding nearby towns only to mysteriously return most of the stolen treasure once he finds the most choice coins. PC's are sent to investigate, only to find that he is rather friendly and asks them to go to some old dusty tomb retrieve some specific coins put into the mouths of kings on their deathbeds greek style.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.