[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If /tg/ had a 40k tournament, what would be the maximum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2yNGE7.jpg (716KB, 764x1096px) Image search: [Google]
2yNGE7.jpg
716KB, 764x1096px
If /tg/ had a 40k tournament, what would be the maximum points and rules?
>>
>>49871641
I think large point game would be good as it means, imperial guard can use large formations of tanks and baneblades.

As for rules. I think the only thing that needs to be forbidden is titans and of course knights are allowed because they aren't true titans.
>>
>>49871641
The exact cost of a single conscript with basic weapons and nothing else. It's the only way to be balanced.
>>
File: 1411677165626.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411677165626.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>49871669
>>
>>49871758
I fucked up the spelling. Here is the correct version

40k points each faction

Troops as many as you like, no more than three super-heavy supports for each faction.
For each heavy support choice, you must take two troops choices and/or one light support choice. you can't have more than five heavy units that are the made of the same model (es. No more than five Predators)
One lord of war choice. Follow HQ rules as usual.

Light supports and elites choices must be bought in a 1:1 relation with normal troppos choices.
Unless some special rule makes you buy light supports or elites as troops (i.e. the white scars bike spam) you cannot bring more than 5 light supports units that share the same model and stat line. Elites can be spammed as much as you want but you must always follow the rules for which for any elite troops unit you fiels you must also field one troop unit
>>
>>49871641

Unlimited points, but you can only run Baneblades and Riptides.
>>
I'd have thought /tg/ would go with Epic for Titans.
>>
>>49871641
>tournament
>maximum points

Not a 40k player, but do competitions ever do something like have points-categories, kind of like a weight class? So one guy might win the super high points division, but another guy might do better in the lightweight.
>>
>>49871641
As a non-player, I'm gonna' suggest 1. Just to see what happens.
>>
File: 571px-Eversor_teaparty.jpg (89KB, 571x599px) Image search: [Google]
571px-Eversor_teaparty.jpg
89KB, 571x599px
Rules: 4rth edition (no cityfight or other supplementary sets of rules that I never got around to learning)

Points: 2500 (with the stipulation that those extra 500 points are used on fun stuff you otherwise can't justify in a tournament list (land raider, Imperial Assassins etc. My old hobby store used the 2500 point scheme almost all the time and it was great, most surprising was the fact that people didn't actually end up using those 500 ponts for more lascannons anyway)
>>
>>49871641
1500-2000 pts

>>49871662
You would need to either allow this tournament to run for a very long time, or each player would only be able to play a few matches which would give biased results.

>>49871669
This will just give more importance to who goes first / second.
See white has a higher win rate in chess for example.

>>49871811
This can easily be rules lawyered to allow infinite army size.

>>49871853
Riptides win every time

>>49872684
That would work well for 40k, but the main limiter for 40k tournaments is how long each match is.

>>49874745
Unfortunately the cheapest unit I can think of is 4pts not including the minimum squad size which increases that minimum more.
50 pts might work better as each army should be able to field at least 1 model (if we remove unit minimum sizes) and would allow people to play with the idea of either spamming cheap units or splerging on 1 dude.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.