[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets just gather up all sorts of weird plot hooks. >Goblins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 26.jpg (186KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
186KB, 1200x675px
Lets just gather up all sorts of weird plot hooks.

>Goblins are actually lead by a little girl witch
>>
File: 1408575492718.jpg (844KB, 1194x2176px) Image search: [Google]
1408575492718.jpg
844KB, 1194x2176px
>>
File: 1mUwtW_B.jpg (141KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1mUwtW_B.jpg
141KB, 1252x1252px
So, I cooked up this weird little quest. It kind of developed and grew into this.

>Party gets word that a mysterious tower has been spotted not far away, it appeared overnight.
>Get sent down to it, and they inspect it. It's made of large stone bricks, and looks like it would take a long time to construct. Lots of human sized footprints seem to be in the area of the tower, suggesting occupation of the tower.
>Adventurers go inside through the heavy double wooden doors. It smells damp and musty inside, but nothing seems amiss.
>They venture through the first floor and the place seems abandoned. If they go back to the entrance they get lost, and cannot find the door.
>They continue up the stairs to the next floor, generated however the DM wishes with encounters tailored to the groups level.
>As they progress further and further up, the fights get a little harder and harder. The name of the game here is attrition. They have to sleep at some point.
>The night they sleep, they wake up to 1 acid damage as they lay on the floor. Any bedrolls they slept on are partially destroyed due to some sort of perspiration on the ground and walls.
>It's now a race to the top, as they will take periodic acid damage, they're on a timer.
>the stone walls seem to warp, like the place is crushing in on its self.
>They get to the very top to fight the last encounter, and notice the "roof" is domed, the cracks between the bricks revealing some sort of membrane.
>They realize "holy shit, this tower is a creature" as they cut through and fight their way through a slough of organs to get to the beating heart they hear vividly pounding.
>Cut the heart to kill the monster, they all feel their bodies whip to a side, cushioned by organs, and hear a loud crash. This opens the top as the "dungeon" slides to one side of the tower, giving them an escape route to the digestive tract.
>Cut their way out and come out of the butthole of the tower, looking at the bottom they see thousands of humanoid feet
>>
>>49870892
Dragons are actually just large flying lizards of animal intelligence, and when you finally manage to defeat the red dragon overlord you catch a glimpse of something slithering out of the dragon's ear and into the darkness. Something slimy and red, with many legs...
>>
>>49871041
The idea is that the tower is a monster, that travels around and lures creatures in with shelter and a fort, like goblins and orcs and shit. Once it has enough occupants, aka the adventurers being the last, it closes it's doors, aka it's "mouth" and starts the digestion process. Than starts to wander again on it's little legs to prevent anything inside from noticing it's moving.
>>
>>49870892
The necromancer realized that he made a huge mistake and asks the party to slay all the undead he created.
>>
>>49870913
>83

On the floor
>>
>>49871041
>looking at the bottom they see thousands of humanoid feet
So you mean the tower has those feet?
>>
>>49870892
>The ogre terrorizing the countryside is a lost juvenile wanting to go home
>>
>>49870892
>Five nobles are arguing over the inheritance of Old Man McCoy, a distant relative. The matter of succession is dubious and contacting McCoy's ghost with magic returns a request that they settle it themselves so he can enjoy paradise.
>>
>>49871084
i like this
>>
Local Evil cult has legal representation and sues the party for assaulting their members and robbing their temples.
>>
>>49870892
>Dragon forces party to take care of its whelp, since it can't be assed to do it with its busy schedule
>>
The king needs to be protected from an assassin. The Assassination was arranged by the king while he was high as a convoluted power play, but now he doesn't remember.
>>
>>49871110
Yes, they are attached to the tower, they are it's feet.I thought about doing it that way so the tower could move kind of like an centipede, but as a way to mask it's presence so people aren't like "THIS TOWERS ALIVE" outside.
>>
>>49871185
>Cults of an elder god are normally filled with insane, baby-eating murderers
>Small cult in a particular town worshipping the same elder god are helpful and good with magic
>>
party encounters immovable object, but they are too stubborn to go around it.
>>
>>49871256
Weird plot hooks, not regular ones.
>>
>>49871041
So a giant, ambulatory, mimic tower?
>>
>>49871324
Exactly. It spawned off of the idea that everything is a mimic in disguise.
>>
>>49871340
>no mimic planet
>a planet that is a mimic
>>
>>49871381
What size planet are we talking here? I think I could take on a Pluto sized mimic.
>>
>>49871084
>"Phew, thank you brave adveturers, now I can leave this whole necromancy business behind."
>"Dude, your creations give good XP and drop nice loot. make more or we'll gut your like fish, or turn you over to authorities who'll burn you at stake."
>>
>>49871394
bah, it wouldn't even notice you. you're a small guy (...for it)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.