[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy sword that cannot hurt good people but does super damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1473971548699.jpg (63KB, 725x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473971548699.jpg
63KB, 725x600px
Holy sword that cannot hurt good people but does super damage against evil people.

super super evil villain who eats babies slowly is immune to the sword because he wears a magical amulet that registers his aura as good.

Is this acceptable?
>>
>>49869840
No, those ideas are both shit
>>
It's kind of unimpressive as a legendary weapon if it's easily tricked, and usually that sort of thing only makes your aura "appear" good (which is pretty pointless if you're eating babies)
Otherwise it's a shitty premise, but you could just attack the ring first I guess
>>
>>49869868
>Samurai Jack is shit
>>
>>49869872
Samurai Jack isn't a fucking traditional game so it's not even remotely applicable.
>>
No. Evil clings to the soul like a stain, I guess if the amulet is so blessed to exceed the strength of the sword's enchantment, but then you better have a really good explanation for someone having said amulet. Otherwise it's just a lame copout.
>>
If an evil person wearing a helm of opposite alignment does something evil does he become doubly evil?
>>
>>49869840
How are good people immune to getting hit with a length of sharpened steel? Immunity to any magical damage it does I can understand.
>>
>>49869903
No, I think that just means he's a bad roleplayer
>>
>>49869840
First off the first part isn't a bad idea, but the second one goes beyond retarded.

His aura might show good, but he's still evil; you THINK the sword won't work but if you were to run his finger along the edge there'd be a smoking stump where his hand was.
>>
>>49869840
Yes

No
>>
>>49869840
No, because alignment is shit.

But if I *had* to play in a game with alignment. I'd think it was okay if the amulet was made with higher-level spells, or artifact-tier, and the sword wasn't. Likewise, I'd call bullshit if the sword was artifact-tier or a relic of the gods, and the amulet wasn't. If they were on the same tier of specialness, I'd let the amulet offer a saving throw.
>>
>>49869840
Putting aside the argument that allignement is an extremely relative system that should be taken with care in mind, the first idea might be cool, but it should be maybe more about a certain type of evil (vampires for example) than any type of evil.
Again, if it's gotta be a legendary item for 15- above level PCs then maybe i would allow it.
>>
>>49869840
>super super evil villain who eats babies slowly is immune to the sword because he wears a magical amulet that registers his aura as good.
That doesn't scan. You don't stop getting hurt by smite evil while under a Nondetection spell.
>>
>>49869840
It's completely fucking idiotic, because outside of the "LOL good and bad are objective" bullshit that has always made aligment systems awful, it also reduces THAT into a fucking status rather than at least being a metaphysical principle of the universe.
Why the fuck would you even use the notion of morality if you literally reduce it to damage resistance. It literally says first "your actions can be always unproblematically judged as good or evil, on an absolute scale" (stupid, but fair enough, it's what a lot of table top do for some god-forsaken reason), and then it goes right to "LOL your actions don't matter at all, actually, it's just a stupid stat value".
>>
>>49869840
does he even needs the amulet

>eats good babies
>works out a lot
>his evil body grows muscle from good aminoacids derived from good babies' flesh
>as good muscle protects his evil vitals, he needs no silly amulet
>>
>>49869878
psycho pass is shit
>>
>>49869904
Maybe the sword is energy based. Maybe the sword is actually made of good feelings.
>>
>>49871515
>sonic sword made of a Muse song
I'd totally wield that
>>
File: 2737c67b1ee92367d44aaffdcb851d0e.jpg (259KB, 1024x968px) Image search: [Google]
2737c67b1ee92367d44aaffdcb851d0e.jpg
259KB, 1024x968px
>>49869904
It's not really steel, just a bone-like fibrous material that resembles steel. The enchantment causes the fibers to change their bond with one another based on the aura of what the edge touches. If it touches neutrals, it tightens somewhat, and creates a wound nearly identical to steel. If it touches evil, the fibers become remarkably rigid and taught, causing the edge profile to reduce making it both sharper and more resilient than steel. And if it touches a good aura, the fibers relax and become flexible, making the strike feel similar to being struck by a pool noodle. Maybe leaving a slight welt, at worse, but no lasting damage or cutting.

That's how I'd fluff it.
>>
>>49869840
how would a weapon like that work? does it not penetrate the skin of good people? can you still use it to tackle one on the ground and then kill him with your dagger?
>>
>>49869840
Of course not.

Using the alignment table is never acceptable.
>>
/tg/ should really be the last place one comes to discuss morality.
>>
>>49872878
Only because of idiots who sperg out at the mention of moral plays, and idiots like OP who think that alignment is something it is not.
I've never had a problem with alignment or moral charts in all my years of gaming outside a handful of edge cases, and all of those were because of people, not the game itself.
>>
Alignments are stupid.

However, it's entirely possible the amulet fools the sword, so yes.
>>
>>49871498
Psycho pass doesn't have alignments, it's about the how likely it is for someone to commit a crime in general and within the next few minutes.

And even then the show says the system only works in an isolationist and culturally uniform Japan with closed borders.
>>
>>49869840
>Holy sword that cannot hurt good people but does super damage against evil people.
You really want to give your players a reason to impale everything they come across? Hacking things wasn't prevalent enough as a resolution mechanism already?

>super super evil villain who eats babies slowly is immune to the sword because he wears a magical amulet that registers his aura as good.
That's just an amulet enchanted with an Undectable alignment spell. No problems here.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.