[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other things in life besides being a GM that having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: dungeons-dragons_L155.jpg (59KB, 628x480px) Image search: [Google]
dungeons-dragons_L155.jpg
59KB, 628x480px
Are there any other things in life besides being a GM that having only the skill of powerful imagination and basically being an "idea guy" allow you to thrive in? Do you feel like your ability to be imaginative help you in your everyday life? I'm a Web Developer so aside from the ability to think about layouts it doesn't help me at all.

>inb4 writer
That shit required a lot of foreknowledge. Most basically the ability to write compellingly.
>>
>>49861521

GMing has given me the ability to speak publicly and to BS my way through situations, that's pretty much it.
>>
>>49861534
"You're late, what happened?"
"I was beset by wolves"
"You're fired."
>>
File: 1476138302416.png (167KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476138302416.png
167KB, 256x384px
>>49861560
fucking kek
>>
>>49861521
You know, if you just fucking write you´ll eventually gain that knowledge and learn to write compellingly.

It´s like painting or playing a musical instrument. Everyone can write, but not everyone can be a writer. That takes as much dedication as being a painter or a musician.

Other than that... Well, there´s some platforms where you can sell ideas, but they´re more geared towards ideas for businesses and pay is miserable anyways unless you really hit it up several times.

There´s a couple possibilities that would fit you greatly, though. First one is the hardest: find someone who´s a good writer but awful at thinking up ideas and plots. Team up.
The second is just sorta expensive, at least until (if ever) you become successful: hire a ghostwriter to write your ideas compellingly, publish under your own name, repeat.

Ghostwritting is way more common than you may think, and a fair job for good writers who just want to write and prefer not to bother with everything else involved in producing your own book.
>>
>>49861689
I've actually thought about hiring ghost writers. It costs thousands of dollars though.
>>
>>49861521
If there's anything I've learned from trying to learn how to write, it's that most writers are fucking garbage at it, but they'll still get published and sell. Even stuff like Twilight, which breaks many rules of what makes "good" or "compelling" writing, can become a national phenomenon.
>>
>>49861837
Yeah buts that's because of good marketing.
>>
>>49861777
If you go to elite ones (or those with an overinflated ego and/or no real need for the money who are just fishing for a big job), then yes.

You can also get an Indian guy to ghostwrite for you in more or less correct English for a dollar a page.

I´m a translator and a writer myself, and I´ve been thinking on giving ghostwriting a try.
Shoot me a message to h3214360 at mvrht dot com
It´s a 10 minute email to avoid spam, but I´ll be refreshing it for the next hour. Tell me a little about your ideas, the amount of pages (just a rough approximation) it´d take and how much you´d be willing to pay, and maybe we can make some profit together.

Remember to include some other contact address I can write you back to from my real address.
>>
>>49861982
Emailing you now.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.