[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The GM's homebrew has discrete Light Attack, Medium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1460411232377.jpg (141KB, 1024x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1460411232377.jpg
141KB, 1024x1253px
>The GM's homebrew has discrete Light Attack, Medium Attack, and Heavy Attack damage ratings for every weapon.

Is it too much business?
>>
What's the homebrew for? D&D? Then probably yes.

But what do you think, OP? You're his player after all.
>>
>>49859402
It's some card-based thing. GM is asking me to look through the rules.
>>
>>49859440
What does it aim to do?
>>
>>49859461

It looks like he's going for really crunchy tactical combat with less emphasis on randomness.

Instead of using dice, the GM deals each player a number of cards equal to their character's stamina at the beginning of encounters. You draw back up to your stamina by taking a 'breath' action.

You make 'tests' by playing two or more matching cards from your hand, add the values, and compare the total to a difficulty rating.

If you play two matching cards on an attack tests, it's a light attack. Three cards is a medium attack. Four or more cards is a heavy attack and you get extra bonuses if its a royal flush or something.

It's crunchy as fuck. You use the card suits to determine hit location. Diamond is head, heart is torso, club is arms, spade is legs.

I think he might be aiming for a Bloodborne or Dark Souls ttrpg, but I haven't played either of those games yet so I can't say if he's modeling it right.
>>
>>49859363
Eon, Swedish RPG, had several different elements to an attack - heavy, high/low, aimed and so on. Each added a D6 to the pool of open dice of D6s that had to, in BRP style, come in under the skill value.

The system (including all that it contained) was quite heavy but once you got into it or had a GM that knew it outside and i, it ran very smooth and offred a lot of nuances to your choise of actions, in a otherwise very low-magic and realistic setting.
>>
File: 1434002473090.jpg (23KB, 267x317px) Image search: [Google]
1434002473090.jpg
23KB, 267x317px
>>49859551
>If you play two matching cards on an attack tests, it's a light attack. Three cards is a medium attack. Four or more cards is a heavy attack and you get extra bonuses if its a royal flush or something.
>It's crunchy as fuck. You use the card suits to determine hit location. Diamond is head, heart is torso, club is arms, spade is legs.

This actually sounds really interesting. I couldn't say whether it's good or bad without seeing it in action, but I'd be willing to playtest it.
>>
>>49859551
Like >>49859617 said, it sounds cool as hell, but it's hard to judge it without playtesting. The only issue I can see right off the bat is having headshots being so common as most systems treat headshots as Really Big Deals(tm). If the head is just another hit location and really not that different from hitting the torso or limbs, though, it's not an issue.

I would also maybe recommend making Light/Medium/Heavy more general instead of weapon specific, as that would allow easier ad-hoc/homebrew/rules expansions.
>>
File: pic2380276.png (276KB, 2256x1827px) Image search: [Google]
pic2380276.png
276KB, 2256x1827px
Sounds a lot like a converted Yomi rules
>>
>>49860361
Looking this up on Boardgame Geek.
Why does /tg/ never talk about this? It looks interesting.
>>
>>49859363
while we're here does anyone know if there's a specific name for the #18 type warhammer?
>>
>>49865022
Not that I'm aware of. I've never seen a real hammer in that shape t b h, I'd be surprised if it's an extant piece and not just artistic liberty.
>>
>>49865106
i've never seen an extant piece but i've seen it a quite a bit in period artwork. still possible that it's period artistic liberty but probably did exist at least for a small period of time.
>>
>>49859363
I play The Riddle of Steel, so no.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.