[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious about something, /tg/. What is your attitude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1402334847995.jpg (226KB, 1001x329px) Image search: [Google]
1402334847995.jpg
226KB, 1001x329px
I'm curious about something, /tg/. What is your attitude when you and the GM disagree on something?

Here is a list of examples:
-Disagreeing on the interpretation of a rule
-Remembering an event in the game differently from the GM
-Contesting the logic of the GM's plot/universe

I'm the kind to defend my point of view once, and if the GM won't budge then just roll with it and maybe bring it up again after the game if I think it's important. But I've seen others following the GM blindly, or arguing for hours.
>>
File: image.jpg (343KB, 819x714px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343KB, 819x714px
>>49857820
Well, for one I would never be rude about it. He was the guy who offered to run the game for us, so he's entitled to some respect.

Normally I just bring it up and defend my point. If it starts going past 5 minutes and he doesn't seem to be budging, concede the point and talk about it later. Or if it's game breaking shit and he's being a shit head, just let him know I'm not showing up next time.

But never halt the game for longer than required. It's impolite to the other players and if anything else, acting like a raging autist only hurts your argument.
>>
>>49857820
>defend my point of view once, and if the GM won't budge then just roll with it and maybe bring it up again after the game if I think it's important
pretty much this, being as understated and calm about it as possible
being a pedantic cunt in front of the group is bad, but delaying the game for everyone to debate some minor point is just inexcusable in my book
>>
File: 1409558819208.jpg (139KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409558819208.jpg
139KB, 400x500px
>>49857820
politely explain why you think the GM is wrong, if gm insists that you do it his way just roll with it rule 0 and all nigguh.

if you srsly cannot bear it and need to spill your spagetti all over the place, save it for a private chat after the session.
>>
>>49857820
People seem to have it. Always be polite, and if push comes to shove suck it up in the name of GM supremacy and talk to them about it after the game when you don't run the risk of fucking up the rest of the group's fun. Unless you or the GM is a psychopath any issue can be solved like the functioning adults you are.
>>
>>49857820
If your GM is any good, go with whatever is better for the story and the experience. A good GM has those in mind. If he's a dick that feels being right or "winning" is his goal, you're fucked anyway.
>>
>>49857820
As a GM as long as it don't completely change something very major in the chain of events leading up to something important for some one then none of it matters. Though I agree that the GM is always right (when it come sto whatever the system, setting and dice suggests) it is all about everyone having an entertaining time and if some ones is not entertained then you need to talk about why and sort it out (possibly even change the group up as not every one will agree on the same style of play).

Be adults, talk it through and move on. It's all about entertainment, make sure that everyone is being entertained (including the GM).
>>
>>49857820
When I was a teenager I argued for hours with my fellow GMs or players about rules, but only outside the game.

Now I'm so fucking old I don't care about rules and whatever the fuck the GM wants, I just go with it. And my players are pretty much the same, though they do occasionally and politely point out inconsistencies in the rules.

Just let it go, anons. Life's too short.
>>
>>49859746
>Just let it go, anons. Life's too short

Wise words that will go completely unheeded.
>>
>>49857820
The GM's word is law. If they say no, even after hearing my reasoning as to why it should be yes, than my response is 'you're still wrong, but you're the GM and so I'll go along with it'.

If I really really want it, I will find a way to work around things and get what I want in a way the GM will accept. If this means hashing out a compromise out of game, so be it.

GM fiat is GM fiat. Discussions can wait until we're not in a game.
I'm not going to have a raging argument over a goddamn game. Even if I win and get what I want, the game will be permanently soured by the process, and so I won't get what I want, in the end.
At the end of the day, what I want is a game everyone enjoys. GM or player, if everyone else is having fun, I will generally have fun.
>>
>>49860550
>The GM's word is law. If they say no, even after hearing my reasoning as to why it should be yes, than my response is 'You invoking Rule 0? Then I invoke Rule -1. If you're being a shitty GM then I won't play with you.'

Solved.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.