[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, tomorrow I need to start a new campaign. GMing for a first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1473052250503.jpg (423KB, 1194x1298px) Image search: [Google]
1473052250503.jpg
423KB, 1194x1298px
/tg/, tomorrow I need to start a new campaign. GMing for a first time in a very long time.
So far I have a start of a story written down
>one PC's brother, a count, wants to get revenge on druids
>said PC with a help of a paladin went to warn the druids, they decided it's time to leave
>coming back the PCs met the rest of the group - a druidess from another circle and her companion, a ranger, both traveling to the druid circle that just moved

Now, I really don't know what to do. What interesting things can you throw at players in a flaming forest beyond simple encounter with marauder guards? (assume D&D 5e)
Pic related, I'm at loss.

tl;dr: interesting encounters in a forest
>>
>>49855025
Sorry anon, I'm at a loss.
>>
>>49855025
All the monsters are leaving the forest because of the fire, obviously. And the bandits hiding there.
>>
Druids were there for a reason maintaining a careful balance between nature spirit shit or something, since they've peaceful out spoopy shit occurs and the forest get angry or something, cue leshens or living trees or something else cool you can make up, now the players can decide whether to instead help the druids save the forest and not die to Mr Count and friends or just get out of dodge and be morally ambiguous about the whole thing.

That's what I'd do anyway
>>
>>49855279
Meant to say peaced out btw
>>
>>49855279
Sounds cool. Some ancient spirit that was completely forgotten even by the druids, but kept in check by their rituals. Now as they're gone hell's gonna break loose.
>>
>>49855064
I see what you did there
>>
Explain something.

Is the forest naturally on fire or has it been set ablaze?
>>
>>49855892
It has been, by the revenge seeking soldiers
>>
>>49855025
Kek, That fucking crest,
>>
File: 1475004096813.jpg (14KB, 195x192px) Image search: [Google]
1475004096813.jpg
14KB, 195x192px
>>49855854
Maybe so, but you lost me
>>
File: 922.png (348KB, 680x586px) Image search: [Google]
922.png
348KB, 680x586px
>>49857334
>>
File: seelie1[1].jpg (19KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
seelie1[1].jpg
19KB, 228x320px
A powerful hag lives somewhere in the forest, and she might be recruited to help stop the enemy faction. But seeking her help could be risky because her true motives might be sinister.

The fey have a truce with the druids, but given the changes, they might use this opportunity to seize advantages for themselves and cause more chaos.

Some human villagers have noticed the druids' absence and have gone to their sacred groves to loot treasures for themselves. In doing so they disturb some ancient evil that was sealed away.
>>
>>49857442
And here we see a slow descent of a meme into the oblivion. A total loss of meaning.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.