[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So me and two of my friends bought this book as a group since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

So me and two of my friends bought this book as a group since we all loved Dragon Age and we recently started playing D&D again, but wanted to play on a schedule different from our DM since he couldn't play a lot.

Point being, has anyone played this? How do you feel about it? The guy at the store said that it was the thing he had sold the most of in a long time

How harsh is it on a new DM? I would to be doing it, but im confident in my ability to DM this as the first.
>>
> Since we all loved Dragon Age
You deserve nothing but scorn.
>>
>>49853620
Origins was good. 2 was shit and inquisition had ups and downs.
>>
>>49853620
>> Since we all loved Dragon Age
>You deserve nothing but scorn.

>Not thinking DA:O was good
I dunno where you came from, but it sure as hell wasn't /tg/.
>>
>>49853639
Origins was retroactively tainted by such shitty sequels. Just like Star Wars.
>>
>>49853639

Origins would've been good if the gameplay wasn't analogous to getting teeth pulled
>>
File: thedasmap_wallpaper_1920x1200.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thedasmap_wallpaper_1920x1200.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>49853620
Second DA had shit encounter building, but what was wrong with that? I actually liked it?
>>
File: Mah_Namek.jpg (36KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
Mah_Namek.jpg
36KB, 500x396px
>>49853480
Alright to give an actual answer, I have been a player using this system for a few years. Going back to the playtests and found that overall the system was simple and straightforward.

Though I personally found it a little restricting on player characters due to every character of being carbon copies until later levels.
>>
>>49853671
You're autistic, just ignore the stuff you don't like
>>
There's not a lot of customization and specialization when making your characters, so it works best with a small party. Other than that, the game is fairly straightforward. 3d6 plus your modifier for most actions.
>>
>>49853620
The videogames wento from kinda decent to fairly shit (aside from Awakenings which was awesome), but the setting had its merits as long as you ignored to retarded attempts of the writers to inspire locations from real places.
>>
>>49854259
The plot was all kinds of retarded and the combat system was dumbed down from Origins. Mind you, it made combat much more fluid, but it cut down too much on options. Compare with Inquisition whose combat is not only even more dumbed down, but also much less fluid.
>>
>>49854259
I don't know anon, I got so bored 3 hours in, I fell asleep, then woke up and uninstalled. The point being, i've never actually managed to play through it to figure out what was wrong with the story.
>>
DA2 had the most interesting combat, especially in Nightmare Mode. It's biggest problems were that they needed 6 more months to make more maps and that it was a spinoff story, not a proper sequel.

Inquisition is just an unsalvagable, burning trashheap.
>>
>>49857220
>Inquisition is just an unsalvagable, burning trashheap.
I agree save for the jedi knight.. no I mean knight enchanter spec, I loved that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.