[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I run a noob-friendly futuristic(or modern) RPG campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How do I run a noob-friendly futuristic(or modern) RPG campaign? I'll be GM with a new group and they don't want to play fantasy.
>>
>>49853228
Depends on which genre you're planning to run.
>>
>>49853245
I would like to run a campaign related to cyberpunk or space exploration(multiple planets, starships, etc)
>>
>>49853287
First of all, you're going to want to choose a system. If space travel is going to be a major part of your game, I'd recomend Traveller 2e.
>>
>>49853302
That's the problem. I'm looking for something noob-friendly for the players. I'm a veteran, but this will be their first RPG game. I'm just not finding a good system for them.
>>
>>49853321
Well, first of all, you should nail down what you want your campaign to be about.
>>
>>49853355
>OP literally just said what his game was about
>Well, first of all, you should nail down what you want your campaign to be about.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>49853369
Cyberpunk and Space exploration are very diffrent genres, anon.
>>
>>49853355
Yeah, you're right. I'll take a look at Traveller, but space itself won't play a major role(I have an adventure for both Cyberpunk and Space), so I'm not sure. (The space one would concentrate more on the exploration of the planets and space travelling would be more for story purpose)
>>
Stars Without Number.
http://swn.emichron.com/
>>
If you're into, or can get past, the anime stylings, I'd recommend Mekton Zeta. Pretty much a "Roll D10 add stat and skill" system. Has a simple life history section as part of character creation and, you can pretty easily design any ship you want. Grab a pdf of the Mekton Zeta Plus book and you can make almost anything.
>>
>>49853495
Just remembered Fragged: Empire as well. The book is formatted poorly but, the system would be super easy to pickup, teach, and run.
>>
GURPS can be very rules light and easy to play if you realise it's a toolbox where you pick what you really need.

The only annoying thing will be building the characters. But if you think they can live through that you can pretty much use the light rules after that.
>>
>>49853425
It's nice, but not what I am looking for.
>>49853510
This system looks PERFECT. I'm still just looking at the Sample, but the system appears to be simple and straight forward.
>>49853557
I've played both a high-fantasy campaign and a mafia campaign on gurps, and I just feel it's a bit... boring. The character you play with stays the same for quite a while, no character progression.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.