[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 19

File: Icon - M2E.png (200KB, 216x217px) Image search: [Google]
Icon - M2E.png
200KB, 216x217px
Reposters Reposting Reposts Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread: >>49785171

Thread Topic: What are your Divergent Paths Factions for this fortnight?
>>
I'm looking forward to playing my first game this Sunday. I went to the store last week to play but I got there late so everyone was in the middle of a game. I watched a few people play and then I autism'd out of the store. On the plus side I have a full crew now
>>
So does no one use the discord?
>>
>>49853833
Might just be late for some people.
>>
>>49853833
I just got it from seeing your post. I'd not heard of it before.
>>
>>49853833
I certainly don't.

In other news tonight is the first day of my long weekend, thinking about painting some arcanists, the carver, or working on a corn field for terrain. Which would you guys think I should work on first?
>>
Is the Pig-wheel Lucky Emissary worth taking?
I run Ulix on occasion and I like the look of the miniature but I haven't had chance to read its rules though.
>>
>>49854866
The Carver is an awesome model, you should do that and your farm stuff to get your spook on for All Hallows Eve
>>
>>49855101
As cool as the model is, I believe it's widely regarded as being the worst Emissary.
>>
I have the first edition Lucius box set plus two guild riflemen. How can I expand or optimize my band?
>>
>>49855763
You playing him guild or neverborn?
>>
>>49855776
Guild
>>
>>49855850
Ok so you will be a bit rough on scheme runners as that's a guild weakness but we do have field reporters on the way, so grab them later.
Terracotta warriors look like they might be ok too.

But as it stands captain dashel with two to three guild riflemen makes for a rude amount of shooting. And Dashel will be able to summon guild guard with a wave 4 upgrade. Should be great, so you won't need to hire those.
Obligatory austringers, witchling stalkers make for good condition removal but you won't want them all the time.

As far as neverborn models you can take with his upgrade, beckoners are great for their lure, a doppelgänger for initiative control can be nice and changelings could be fun.

Licius likes minions, so you want plenty and also you want ways to negate the harm he can do to them.
So you'll be looking at something like:
Lucius, a lawyer to help with his terror checks, Dashel, 2 riflemen, 1-2 austringers, a beckoner and then whatever else you think will get your schemes done.

So if you only own the models you listed them your very next buys should probably be austringers and beckoners.
>>
>>49855763
More Guild Guard for Dashel to summon, Terracotta Warrior for infinite soulstones, Witchling Thralls for beatstick minions, doppelganger because doppelganger, Austringers because Austringers
>>
People who pronounce Ml as "Em Aye" should be flogged.

People who do it on podcasts should be fed their own genitals.
>>
>>49855620
Damn, that's a shame.

I guess I'll hold off on buying it for now.
>>
>>49858144
How do you pronounce it then, mi?
>>
>>49858338
Em El

It fucking stands for melee.
>>
>>49858576
It's mi, amigo.
>>
>>49855374
Fair nuff, I'll work on that and my pumpkin patch and corn field.
>>
>>49859019
Sir, please leave.
>>
Which Gremlin master is a good compliment to Somer? I have my first tourney and I'm not good enough to practice with every master. I understand that this is a game where you take everything, but I'm aiming to focus
>>
I really like how Levi plays with the abominations but I hate his model and the abomination models. Anyone know of any good models to replace them with?
>>
>>49861797
Honestly abominations could be replaced with Dark Eldar Grotesques since cyborg zombie is all that's important.
>>
>>49861595
So'mer can kinda do everything, but if you want somebody to do something different you could probably roll with Brewy or Ophelia.
>>
>>49861595
Probably Wong. Zip offers something pretty unique as well.
>>
Is it worth getting Onryo with Ten Thunders Yan Lo?
I kinda like the idea of Adversary + handing out Spirit characteristic to things like Katanaka Snipers, but maybe it's not worth the SS

More generally, how do I Yan Lo in TT, outside of the obvious 'get Izamu and Yin'
>>
>>49864851
"Also get Toshiro".

But seriously, Yan Lo plays so different from game to game depending on how you ascend him. If you want to focus on turning dudes into spirits and then buffing them, you could do worse than an onryo or two. You can also take punk zombies with Toshiro, which are a nasty beater with a base + to attacks, which Toshiro can augment with another + and Fast.
>>
>>49864925
Nothing against Toshi and his punk kids, but aren't they able to do exactly the same with every other master?
If nothing else, I can do the same but better with Shenlong or McCabe, since I can buff the Punks even further.

The only thing I can see that Yan Lo does that other Masters don't is buff the heck out of spirits, as well as his rad repositioning dance.
>>
How big of a difference is there between the metal and plastic models? I can get a first edition ashes and dust box for $12 or a second edition for $35. I already have the 2nd edition cards
>>
>>49865175
Both look like ass, the plastic one looks less like ass though....that said I went cheap and bought the old "metal" one (its mostly resin)
>>
Johan and Johana are both Rare 1.
Does that mean you're only allowed one of each or one total?
>>
>>49868164
They count as a same model. Johana is just an alternate sculpt for Johan
>>
>These threads are dying yet again
This is a too common pain I confront by exclusively playing Malifaux, Kings of War, and Guild Ball.
>>
>>49868717
There doesn't seem to be that much to talk about. Since you build each list before the match depending on the schemes and your opponents' faction, and the models are all fairly well balanced anyway, there's not much theorycrafting to go on with.

The setting is neat, but there's not enough lore to really discuss it.
>>
>>49868717
At least they last longer than guild ball threads.
>>
I'm not that far into breach side broadcast (episode 5) otherwise I'd discuss the lore.

What terrain do you like using? I'm planning on making some from some packaging foam from some pc's from work
>>
>>49868717
Well, let me ask a question then for the thread.

I just got Zoraida for my gremlins and what other things besides the nurse is good to enthrall? I was thinking of getting each of the students of _____.
What swampfiends are good too?
I bought the single mini, so I don't own silurids
>>
I wanna make my Oxfordian Mage, the one that floats, have a little ball of energy like in the art.

How would I go about doing that?
>>
File: oxfordian.jpg (35KB, 706x430px) Image search: [Google]
oxfordian.jpg
35KB, 706x430px
>>49869204
Good OSL should do the trick
>>
>>49869217
I didn't mean the painting, I meant attaching some kind of ball thing to his hands.
>>
>>49869217
What's OSL?
>>
>>49868176
Damn.
>>
>>49868717
They were doing very well for a while, but all the big events are over for the year, nothing new to talk about except the uninspired campaign, and we're still a month away from the big sale
>>
>>49869430
object source lighting
>>
File: Malifaux - Toni Ironsides.png (346KB, 484x900px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux - Toni Ironsides.png
346KB, 484x900px
I'm starting miss Ironsides, I have her box and also Ramos for the baby robot spiders, Spiderman Howard and Joss.
I have another thirty dollars or so spare and was wondering what else would work for her.
>>
>>49869021
Nurse and Iggy are usually your best bets. Papa Loco and Ototo would be fun options, but likely not the best use of SS.

Gremlin Z probably doesn't need silurids with how bonkers rooster riders are.
>>
Ughhhhh....that feel when work calls and tells you they are changing your schedule which means you'll miss the monthly tournament.

Anyway how are ya'll this morning? I'm gonna work on carver today after I get done with my workout.
>>
>>49872723
I'm going to try and paint something tonight, probably Misaki. Failing that, I'll start assembly on my pile of unopened boxes.
>>
>>49872723
I had to miss a tournament this weekend because I couldn't find someone to cover my shift.
It was looking good for a while so I was all registered but then plans got changed.
I'll have to make it to the one next month.
>>
>>49870164
>uninspired campaign
You know, I do kind of agree.
I think maybe a bit more of a solid narrative attached to a coherent story would be better.
Having said that, I like the three streams and the degree of influence available.
And having 21 possible options every session is pretty cool, even if some of them are pretty much recycled or the same.
>>
>>49874035
I miss the maps and numbers. I liked seeing exactly how much progress was made and what we'd need to do to keep up.
>>
>>49874257
Yea, after participating in Infinity's flamestrike campaign earlier this year, this feels like amatuer hour.
>>
What would you guys do to make the game more tournament friendly? I keep poking people in my meta about playing it, and the two biggest complaints by far are that it takes too long and they don't like the whole "build a list at the table" thing.
>>
>>49875199
Round timer. 5 min activation clock
>>
>>49868779
Was thinking about restarting the gbg threads with the season 3 stuff going on but idk how well they would do.
>>
>>49875199
The game already kinda is. Use Gaining Grounds. The only thing I'd change is to increase round times to 2 hours, usually plenty of time to finish if both players know what they're doing. Also, definitely post S&S beforehand so people know what to expect going in and to just make it easier on the organizer.
>>
>>49871276
Gunsmith box. They're amazing with her.

Johan too. He's clutch.
>>
>>49875199
Your meta is full of bads. If they need their hands held, 2 hour rounds, fifteen minute timer for list building. If they can't handle building at a table tell them to bring lists before hand.

Stop playing for the least common denominator
>>
>>49876217

It's either that or play with nobody anon
>>
>>49855620
Nah it's solid. >>49858277
>>
>>49862524
Not Brewie. He is fucking trash.
>>
>>49876562
If you want to get people better at tournies, the easiest way is to run more tournies. Practice makes perfect and all that. If people don't want to do tournies, try hardcore or enforcer brawl for fast paced games.

>>49877419
No
>>
>>49877419
Correction his theme is trash. It's fun but trash.
>>
>>49875199
This anon >>49876217 has the right idea, as soon as you know whom you're up against you should start figuring out any counters you have should be easy then load up on master specific staples
>>
>>49881800
*mater specific and faction staples
>>
>>49880149
What's so bad about his theme?
I get that Fingers seems pretty excessively overcosted, but Moon Shinobi and Wesley don't seem that bad.
>>
>the US is still a slave country in the Malifaux universe

Oh man The Other Side is gonna be weird as hell.
>>
>>49883060
I'd actually say Fingers is probably the most useful thing from that box.
>>
>>49883192
I like how Istanbul is still Constantinople at least. I would like to see the exact circumstances and motivations for the Neverborn invading earth as well.
>>
>>49883060
Fingers is the best thing from the box. You just don't use it with brewy and use with everyone else as an annoying piece of shit scheme runner that shuts everyone else down too while you just heal and heal for fun.

His theme is bad because everything applies poison but doesn't actually use it for meaningful effects.
>>
>>49861881
>Grotesques
grotesques are gigantic, bigger than terminators
wouldnt fit the size at all
wracks would be a better fit and would still dwarf everything that isnt an effigy/jorogumo
>>
>>49883327
Yes, He needs an expunge type effect but then I guess he'd just be Gremlin McMourning.
>>
>>49883345
What about Performers?
>>
>>49883368
not in theme, we are talking about why his theme itself sucks.
>>
>>49883380
They're the gremlin's +1's to the Brewmaster party
>>
File: 1450300726607.png (172KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450300726607.png
172KB, 453x500px
>>49883310
Damn you, anon. Now I got that song stuck in my head
>>
>>49883192
A southern dominated US? As an Arkansan I have an erection.

Also have they shown any models or even given the general premise of Other Side yet? Info about it seems scattered to the wind
>>
>>49883895
They showed off models from two factions, the King's Empire (British people) and the Gibbering Horde (Neverborn monsters who came to Earth). A lot of what was shown was at Gencon. As it is a proper mass battle game, there are some pretty big figures.

It is supposed to be a Kickstarter, though when it will hit is beyond me. I like how it uses movement trays, but I don't like how all of the figures are preassembled. If that results in significant savings however, then I may be inclined to look the other way.
>>
>>49868946
>breach side broadcast
What do you think of it?
What do general Anons think of it.

I think it's quite good. But I don't listen to it because the guy's voice is so nasal and annoying, and his accents so cringeworthy, that I can never get the whole way though a story.

>>49883932
>I don't like how all of the figures are preassembled.
Apparently from crap plastic too, sadly - the same used for the Tortoise & Hare and Aiouioouiniouoiuios models. Apparently it's like boardgame component-grade plastic, which is not encouraging.

>>49869204
I have one Oxfordian Mage (proxy).

I was planning on running it with Blood (?) Wards to put Regenerate +1 on Joss with Warding Runes, to keep him alive that extra turn and maybe get multiple Hard To Kill reactivations.

Is it worth it, or are they just awful solo?
>>
>>49884941
Oxfordian mages are so much more powerful when they have academics around them. And your options for Academics in Joss are other Oxfordian Mages, Freikorps Librarians, Kudra, and Amina (who isn't out yet). Of those Oxfordian Mages are the cheapest option and each one you add also gets the extra tomes bonuses.
>>
My current crew is McMourning with On the Clock and the scalpel slinging upgrade, Child, Sebastian, Grimwell, Heartsbane, two Nurses and two Orderlies.
I'm planning on dropping Sebastian and a Nurse to pick up something a bit more killy for my crew.
I have bugger all experiance with the rest of the Guild and am open to suggestions.
>>
>>49883443
Haha sexy dates to cocktail night.
>>
Rules question.

Can I damaged the sewn fate victim more than the Voodoo doll's HP total? If I do million damage to voodoo doll, does the voodoo doll target also suffer million damage or does the damage stop at the maximum 6 HP?
>>
>>49857609
how do you get inf soulstones from terracota warriors ?
>>
>>49885570
Once the doll takes five it's gone.
>>
>>49885586
Lucius spends a stone, dealing damage to the warrior to replenish. Warrior discards a card to reduce damage to zero
>>
>>49885397
I have always read that sebastion is mandatory as he turns makes them take poison 2 as often and take much more damage from it. He is very frail and tends to be focused because of that.
>>
>>49886202
I feel like I had a stroke mid sentence.

He makes them take poison 2 times a turn and take more each proc.
>>
So how's the new TT master? Is her theme decent?
>>
>>49886251
I've noticed I tend to rely less on poison when I go Guild McMourn, I already dropped the Chihuahua for a Child and that's working good so far.
My plan was trialing a good beater or something instead for now to see how I go.
I'm also thinking of branching more into the Guilld when Nellie arrives so this would be a good chance to start experimenting.
>>
>>49886450
People are torn on her, her summoning is sorta similar to Molly's but some people think she can't stand alone cause she doesn't have any good tricks, and few ways to paralyze someone in order to devour them. I've also heard complaints about minions not being able to hit the broadside of a barn but in a faction that allows the hiring of toshiro you shouldn't have that problem.
>>
>>49886741
I would think people would've loved a summoner that can bring in good scheme runners and well I'm not exactly sure if she can summon obsidian oni. But even if she can't she still has great usage out of them and other oni correct?
>>
>>49883895
Fun fact: Oxfordian Mages come from Ole Miss, not Oxford, England
>>
>>49885397
Guild McMourning really likes a Peacekeeper and some Austringers. They're good enough as is, but giving out precise to either and injection on the Peacekeeper for extra movement is great.

Brutal Effigy is also your friend for the extra healing he provides the good doctor.

Francisco is always an option for stat buffing, more pushes, and his own melee prowess. The Judge has some anti-undead fun to go in tandem with Plastic Surgery plus his own potential crazy damage (Unrelenting Leader + Blades and Bullets + Debt to the Guild)

Guild McMourning is baller as fuck.
>>
>>49886969
I actually love asami, I'm just saying people are torn on her at the moment. And yes she can summon obsidian oni and jorogumo, but she needs an extra mask trigger and 13 to get a jorogumo.
There is also the discussion on if it's worth it to try and set up the markers to make your oni last longer. If you don't know the oni that she summon have a condition where it's a countdown of how long they can stick around, scrap and corpse markers help because they add onto the condition. Asami's totem can also add +1 to this condition but it's debatable if that is gonna be worth it or not. the main problem with her is that I can't think of anything in 10T that just gives you scrap or corpses for hanging around like you can do in ressers.
>>
>>49887236
>I can't think of anything in 10T that just gives you scrap or corpses
Best I can think of it the obsidian oni's ranged attack that automatically creates a scrap marker every time it hits.
>>
>>49887236
One group of models can drop both the rail workers granted you've got to get them killed to do it.
>>
>>49887014
To late, Oxfordian mages all have R.P accents in my headcanon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uW15pmF68

With the odd Cockney accent mixed in for flavour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ybcPTdTRo
>>
>>49887123
Thank you for that.

I, hopefully, have alt Francisco coming soon, so I'll start with him and look into getting some Austringers to start with.
>>
Anyone seen a jack daw crew with a dead bandit?
>>
>>49887014
>Fun fact: Oxfordian Mages come from Ole Miss, not Oxford, England
This makes them far, far less interesting to me.
The idea that the Oxbridge rivalry in the Malifaux universe is like a banterous toffy magic affair is much cooler.

>>49887667
What's the word on Rail Workers?
I just picked up Mei Feng's Rail Crew, and I had this idea that the Rail Workers were rock hard survivable but slow defensive unit, whereas it seems they're actually more of a slow but brutal offensive unit.
>>
>>49885397
Drop Evidence tampering and replace it with Plastic Surgery, have a nurse tag him with poison and he can push around, and the aura to make everything near him undead means he can stack poison very quickly on a target to expunge without a chance to clear it. On the clock is a good "fuck your red joker" upgrade to really help his survivability.

A pathfinder and some traps are a good buy, the traps aren't insignificant so Mcmourning can make them take interacts, you can make one drop a scheme marker then injection it for another scheme marker, it wont push but they are immune to conditions so they wont get the poison.
>>
>>49888478
I haven't run one yet but I'll try it next time I do the Daw.
>>
>>49888929
The word is that they're slow, killy and tough when they die they can either drop corpse markers or scrap since they're both living and constructs. They can also help to stack burning with one of their actions I belive it's called shovel faster.
>>
>>49889788
Worth taking three?
Worth taking outside of Mei's crew?

Specifically with Colette...
>>
>>49889930
For Colette if you're just using them as minor beat sticks there shouldn't be an issue. They're worth taking outside of Mei's crew as they do a good job killing things and can be useful to masters like Ramos and Kaeris or other TT masters. A model that I'd recommend for maybe more added killing in Colette's crew is the Oiran who are in fact showgirls
>>
>>49888929
>This makes them far, far less interesting to me.
Same.

>>49888946
Thanks for the advice, trap schemers seems like a fun idea.
>>
>>49890031
With Colette, keep in mind that their Implacable Assault (0) stays in effect until the end of the turn. So if you activate them first, all their prompted attacks are on positive flips for attack and damage, and 2/4/5 on a plus flip is pretty meaty for a 5 stone model.
>>
So anyone got any stories from through the breach?
>>
>>49891765
No
>>
>>49891765
Just some stuff from the one game I played during Nythera.

Found Phillip, had to bring him back to Molly. Kirai and Kaeris wanted him too and got into a big fight, so we just tried to sneak away. Phillip, however, did not understand the finer points of stealth and kept blabbing so we had to just run for our lives before a bunch of ghosts/fire killed us.

We went to go gather intelligence from a woman recently admitted to Smedley's Asylum. After convincing Dr. Grimwell to let us see her, we saw that she had been recently lobotomized so she wasn't much help. There was a little bit of her left, and when it surfaced she inadvertently summoned a spirit that possessed some nearby sheets (she was doing laundry). Sheets with big claws were difficult to fight off.

Then we snuck into a library to find some grimoire Phillip had left there. Unfortunately, it was also sought by some Ox Mages. Our resident weeb stealthed up behind them and punched one so hard he exploded.

TtB is fun. I'd like to play it more.
>>
>>49890031
>>49890174
>Rail Workers
>With Colette, keep in mind that their Implacable Assault (0) stays in effect until the end of the turn.
This was my thought when I read the card.

Problem is, from podcasts and blogs I assumed they were pretty survivable - but they only have Wd 4.
Four wounds, even with Armour 1 (or an effective three on the trigger), is not that good.

Do they survive long enough to get those attacks with the double +s in?
>>
>>49895194
If your opponent puts in a concerted effort, they'll fold. But then they've had to make a concerted effort to get rid of a 5 stone model, so still a win in my book.
>>
>>49895484
Fair point.

I know a couple of my locals still aren't that used to Colette, so the opportunity to double walk up to a model and then (0), then still get three attacks in, will surprise some.
I've not got time to get Mei's full crew painted before the tournament Sunday, but there's definitely time to get one Rail Worker in...
>>
File: Mei Feng.png (106KB, 292x345px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng.png
106KB, 292x345px
>>49895484
Thinking about it though, there's a >50% chance some fuck will bring Nicodem, so having Kang available would be a huge advantage.
And I play Arcanists with Colette, as I have basically only her boxed set, Howard, Joss and a Trapper, so to get Kang I need to get Mei Painted as well.
Who will probably want the Emberling.

Actually:

How good/necessary is the Emberling with Mei?

If I run Mei Feng, do I spend those Stones on an extra Performer or Mannequin, or should I try to get her whole boxed set ready to go in time?

As above, I have Colette's box, Mei's box (unpainted), a Freikorps Trapper, Joss and Howard Langston.
I haven't played a single game with Mei though...
>>
>>49894578
Sounds like an awesome game, I really wish more people knew about it so that perhaps we'd have more stories about it.
>>
So far I have Tara's box, Johan, Bishop, ashes & dust and some drowned to summon. What should I get next to cover more bases?
>>
>>49897745
Do you want to continue with just tara or do you want to branch off into a new master?
>>
>>49897745
Death Marshalls
>>
>>49895646
Did you just get the trapper, Joss, and Howard lose rather than the boxes they come from?

I don't think that the Trapper is going to be useful with most Arcanist masters (Especially Mei) but there are some other good options. You don't need much from Mei's actual box. I would say that some of it is just situational (Kang is brutal against ressers for example). Get the mechanical porkchop and/or the emissary to spit out scrap markers. Joss isn't bad either for his price, and being a construct can be an option for railwalking.
>>
>>49894578
I think that a large hurdle for that game, is that people need to like the game's setting beforehand to get into it. Especially with things that focus on or reference specific masters, as you need to know and care about the masters in the first place. While you can certainly avoid having masters show up in a game, someone playing a torakage or a beastmaster will have to know what their character is imitating. Someone who isn't already invested in the setting isn't going to give a shit about those characters if they just want to play a game where they can be a ninja or Tarzan.

As someone who already likes the wargame and its setting however, I think that it is great. The rules for using the actual wargame to resolve battles is especially tantalizing.
>>
>>49872052
>>>49869021
>Nurse and Iggy are usually your best bets. Papa Loco and Ototo would be fun options, but likely not the best use of SS.
>Gremlin Z probably doesn't need silurids with how bonkers rooster riders are.
loco was good with zorida and still considered an option.

Ototo still throws people off their game each time I use him. They expect swamp thing swamping people but get a dude one shotting minions
>>
>>49899190
Isn't Loco really redundant when I got Pere Ravage who is cheaper even without the merc tax?
>>
>>49899272
>>>49899190 (You)
>Isn't Loco really redundant when I got Pere Ravage who is cheaper even without the merc tax?
The fact that Loco has companion is really strong and a better ranged attack is not insignificant.

Zorida obeys him to set up and then he goes not giving the opponent a chance.
>>
>>49898614
I was considering VonShill or Levi to cover more bases
>>49898868
I've been meaning to get those just because they look fun to paint.
>>
>>49890174
>their Implacable Assault (0) stays in effect until the end of the turn.
Does anyone know if there's any Prompt/obey options in 10T other than Brewie?
>>
>>49900872
Uh... Ama no Zako has her (0) but it's hard to pull off and also a (0).

If you just want to get Loco in position I'd take Yu. Airburst/WRS Papa up the board, walk Yu into companion range, and blow shit up.
>>
>>49900977
Bah I got my conversations mixed up. Yu is still probably your best bet for making Rail Workers not embarrassingly slow though.
>>
File: McMourning.jpg (197KB, 1600x1187px) Image search: [Google]
McMourning.jpg
197KB, 1600x1187px
>>49898922
Yup, got 'em solo - I got into Malifaux for the looks, and Ramos' spiders (and the man himself) are of no interest to me. A kind soul at my club gave me Howard and Joss for a couple of beers, since he wasn't going to use them ever.
The Trapper is a proxy (a lady in a big victorian frilly dress with a big scoped rifle).
I also have the Arcane Effigy, which is a cool little model.

The Trapper is excellent for area denial and forcing cover-hugging.
Not a Master-specific thing, but really helps not getting first-turn rushed when you can delete a model if they're not careful - I blapped Sonia's Malifaux Child first turn of my last game, and htat was a lot of burning shit and repositioning I didn't have to deal with.

>>49898996
I think the biggest hurdle (and personally, worst bit) is that the setting is built so tightly around so many named characters.
There's not as much Your Dudes as I would like.
The flip side of that is that the Crew themes are really strong and interesting as a direct result of having established characters leading and featuring in your crews, but it still misses that Mordheim gang feel.
If anything, the campaign rules make it more obvious, not less, but that's kind of another thing for another day.
>>
>>49877742
Wrong. Brewmaster is all about area control, something that can be done much better by Wong.
>>
File: Brewmaster.jpg (44KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster.jpg
44KB, 559x399px
>>49899519
I've had this done to me.
It's fucking brutal.

>>49901486
I was under the impression that Brew does area control by rendering their models ineffective, while Wong does it slightly less effectively by killing them - less effective because it'sless automatic, and he himself and his crew is a lot squishier.
>>
>>49901734
He doesn't need to kill them. It depends on the scenario really. I'm a fan of just waiting and knocking them out of a scoring area with his triggers. I guess my other issue with Brewmaster is that he seems to need so many pieces to make him work effectively. You need Trixie for Ill Omens, otherwise a bad initiative flip will kill him. Performers and the poison oni because duh. A beater to make use of Hangover and Gracie to pull Brewmaster up the board. There seems to be a lot of moving pieces to get him to work at all, whereas most of the other Gremlin masters are pretty self sufficient.
>>
>>49902090
He sounds pretty Rube-Goldberg, yeah, but that seems to be the appeal for many who play him.

The counterpoint to that is I can't think of many crews that don't need (or hugely benefit from) a positioning piece, a beater and a control (be it hand, initiative or activation) piece.

Also, the sheer quantity negative flips he hands out is powerful as all fuck.
>>
Why is brewmaster such a controversial master?

Or is it just this one Anon that hates him?
>>
>>49903992
You'll find that due to a smaller and more locally focused player base, opinions on lots of things will differ wildly.

This particular anon has a deep hatred of Brewy, but a friend of mine swears by him as #2 behind So'mer.
>>
>>49903992
There's a lot of "fun" controversy around him.
There's the casual vs competitive where the theme is garbage or "fun"
There's the issue of how how absolutely miserable it is to be under his aura vs how it's not good enough since people WILL cheat to make sure.
There's the whole upgrade and be binge machine draining hand vs negative flips man debate.

It also doesn't help that despite all the controversy, everyone wants to like him so opinions are frequent.

He's the 40k Orks of Malifaux.
>>
File: 1401650299690.gif (2MB, 281x272px) Image search: [Google]
1401650299690.gif
2MB, 281x272px
Ok, guys. I need your help.

Got my first Malifaux tourney. I'm playing Gremlins and I would need some help picking what to bring

>Round 1 – Collect The Bounty, Standard Deployment
>Round 2 – Interference, Flank Deployment
>Round 3 – Stake A Claim, Corner Deployment
>Round 4 – Reconnoiter, Standard Deployment
>Round 5 – Squatter’s Rights, Corner Deployment

>Instead of having access to your entire faction, we are going to try out Two Masters + 75ss. This is a more newbie friendly format that allows players with smaller collections to compete with those who have larger ones. The details are as follows:

>1. You will declare a single faction and register two Masters within that faction;
>2. You will build a list of models whose Soulstone cost does not exceed 75 (does not include upgrades);
>3. In each round, you will construct a 50ss gang, only having access to one of your two registered Masters and models present in your 75ss list;
>4. Duplicates matter. That means if you want to construct a list with three Bayou Gremlins in it, your 75ss list must have three Bayou Gremlins paid for;
>5. You may purchase additional Soulstone Cache and Upgrades as normal.

I'm definitely bringing Somer, but I don't think he's useful in collect the bounty so I'm debating some choices. While I want to play Zoraida or Brewmaster, I don't think either of them fit the strategies all that well and they want models exclusive to themselves too much. I figure the best second master to bring would be Ophelia or Wong. Ulix I really want to bring, but I think the big pig strategy might eat too many SS from the 75 limit.

Thoughts?
>>
Are the NvB starter models worth using at all?
>>
>>49904564
Nope.
Notthat I've used, them, or seen them play (speaks for itself) but there's a better model for every role they could fill.

Maybe Angel Eyes if you really want some range - shooting into engagements gives a decent, safe-ish source of chip damage.
>>
>>49904564
Scion is probably the most generally useful. Condition removal without spending AP is nice. Angel Eyes is nifty, but she's more of a poker/finisher and I'd probably rather have McTavish. Wretches aren't bad, they're really quick and benefit greatly from fast to do good damage, but Neverborn have lots of good minions that compete with them.

You can live without them, but they have their uses.
>>
>>49888929
>>49887014
>Breach is in the UK
>When the empire was a big fucking deal
>Everybody is fucking American or Asian with a few other brown-ish sorts shoved in here and there, including a few actual native Americans
Americans can be really frustrating.

Hoffman, Ryle, McMourning. Anybody else? Load of shit.

As a side note who's the one with the old man/young girl fetish writing the fluff? That's like the 5th specific instance that it was focused on in a sexual context. I mean, it's old ass times in a chaotic place. It's going to happen. But the way it's been focused on at the frequency it is starting to get a bit funny to me.
>>
>Collect the Bounty
Do I go Peon heavy, for points denial, or go fully elite and go all out to score them?

Playing Colette, if that changes things.
>>
>>49899721
If you go the von schill route getting Hannah would be a good choice. Shes an all around good model. A little expensive but you dont have to worry about the merc tax.
>>
>>49906149
The Breach is in the US.
>>
>>49906464
Oh bollocks. Just fact-checked that. You're entirely right. My bad. Don't know where I got that from. That explains a whole lot.
>>
>>49906501
You have a bit of a point with the British Empire, they were still very much top of the food chain. You think they would have forced their interest towards Malifaux, despite America and the Guild.
>>
>>49906708
I think the existence of the Guild muddies things up a lot. They are the sole controller of soulstones, so pretty much everybody is second banana.
>>
>>49906708
There was a breach open in Britian at some point. That's where I got my wires crossed. I had just assumed the new one opened where the older one did. Apparently it wanted to dash across to the new world also. Wonder if it found any gold.

That's pretty nuts about US Grant in universe though. I think i prefer how I had it.
>>
>>49883328
Grotesques are clearly the Desolation Engine.
>>
>>49906189
Arcanists don't have enough Peons to make it worth it. Go elite, abuse Prompt and Understudying Prompt, and deny, deny, deny.
>>
>>49904652
>>>49904564
>Scion is probably the most generally useful. Condition removal without spending AP is nice. Angel Eyes is nifty, but she's more of a poker/finisher and I'd probably rather have McTavish. Wretches aren't bad, they're really quick and benefit greatly from fast to do good damage, but Neverborn have lots of good minions that compete with them.
>You can live without them, but they have their uses.

Angel Eyes with Rapid Grow is still funny in grow lists
>>
Did Ripples bring neverborn Lucius any love? Much as I love the man in the mask, I don't much care for guild.
>>
>>49907276
Aye, I was leaning that way.
Especially because I could probably only take the two Mannequins and a bunch of Doves.
Doves would be great to feed + Df flips to the Mannequins, and being able to re-summon them would stop...

I only just realised that if Hunting Party is in the pool, which was my prime argument against the elites-only crew, I can just summon a Dove first turn and hide it to deny it.
I'm thick sometimes.

The alternative was a single Rail Worker (rush-painted one up just for the tournament) as a survivable Minion that could alsoshred most scheme runners that have the speed to get around and to it.
Not up to much against Nekima, for example, though.
>>
>>49907590
Terra Cotta Warriors are more Faction: Lucius than Faction: Ten Thunders.
>>
>>49907495
I was thinking that might be fun, actually.
>>
>>49907609
They're mimics?

Oh shit nigga
>>
>>49907590
>>49907718
Yup.
Someone on here mentioned something about infinite Stones-for-Upgrades cycling too, thanks to one of Lucious' abilities and the Terra's.
>>
Any idea how neverborn should fight guild right now ? All this Sonnia shit is bringing me down ...
>>
>>49907778
Does that work? I thought the Terracotta Warrior ability didn't trigger on damage where the TW was being targeted.
>>
>>49907916
If you're playing Neverborn the Guild guy will play Perdita. In which case the only response is to forfeit the game, retire from Malifaux, slit your wrists and embrace the horror.
>>
>>49906149
The Breach is in the ruins of old Santa Fe eurofag, go do some damn research before you bitch.
>>
>>49908085
Read the thread before you respond bruh. Or at least the chain you're responding to.

Typical American
>>
>>49908058
I eat perditas for brakfest Sonnias on the other hand give me the shits (no ona plays perdita anymore sonia vastly op)
>>
>>49908205
>>>49908058
>I eat perditas for brakfest Sonnias on the other hand give me the shits (no ona plays perdita anymore sonia vastly op)
What is giving you the most problem with sonnia? Also what masters do you gave available?
>>
>>49908569
Positives to her attacks against most of my Wp6 crew is horrendous.
I didn't know it was doable the first time it happened, but she pushed just into range to carpet bomb my deployment zone third activation of the game last time I played against Sonnia.
Showgirls died by the dozen.
>>
Quick question: Can you cheat a hazardous terrain damage test? Why or why not?

What about if it's coming from a model, like Jakuna Ubume or Ama no Zako?

>>49908820
> Showgirls died by the dozen
> Neverborn
You mean beckoners?
>>
>>49907916
>>49908820
>>>49908569
>Positives to her attacks against most of my Wp6 crew is horrendous.
>I didn't know it was doable the first time it happened, but she pushed just into range to carpet bomb my deployment zone third activation of the game last time I played against Sonnia.
>Showgirls died by the dozen.

Why were you using showgirls? Was there a very specific reason you needed them enough to pay the merc tax for a newborn crew? I'm assuming you were playing neverborn since you were asking for neverborn solutions.

Was sonnia flipping positives on the showgirl because they are wp 5 and the opponent would be cheating. He was probably just nuking one wp 6 model and chaining off that which in that case means to make the blast chain as awkward as possible by spreading out the showgirls and making it tough to place 50mm markers such as around corners .

Tuco for his From The Shadows to try to lure Sonnia away. Make sure he doesn't get burning. He is Wp 5 so safe.

Stitched Together for his Creepy Fog which is not terrain and will remove that positive from Sonnia against any Wp 6 they are escorting. They are Wp 6. Do not cram any more than stitched and another unit else you will have bad times due to blasts.

Maaaybe Doppelganger to make sure you can get initiative but may be too much.

In general Defensive Stance when you can even when you are behind cover. Especially with Tuco. You will frustrate the hell out of Sonnia if she is coming in on a negative on a Wp 6 model.

Another thing is to make sure to stay away from terrain because its really easy to light you up that way. Main reason I did not pick waldgeist.

For the leader, if you have her, Zorida. Give things defensive stance or spread a little bit clustered areas. She basically allows you to correct mistakes with obey.
>>
>>49909838
>Cheat hazardous terrain
p60 in the main rulebook:
>The opposing player flips for hazardous terrain damage, which may not be cheated.
>>
>>49909838
>>49910046
Ah, I was playing Colette, but I'd imagine it was the same reason to hate Sonnia.
Or is it worse for Neverborn for some reason I'm missing?

Virtually everyhting in the crew besides the Performers is Wp6 - unfortunately including the Df4 Mannequins, which live within 2" of the Performers to let them throw Scheme Markers 6" as a (0).
It was nasty as all fuck.

>Another thing is to make sure to stay away from terrain because its really easy to light you up that way.
How so?
>>
>>49910206
You should probably indicate at some point that you're not the original person asking the question, since the question was specifically asked about Neverborn.
>>
>>49907985
The wording of the ability is
>When this model suffers
damage from anything other than an Action
that targeted it
Since Lucius' Devil's Deal isn't an Action, the TW can avoid the damage.

I'm not sure if it's all that broken though, since you'd have to really burn through your hand to get that many soulstones.
>>
File: The Philosophers Stone.png (528KB, 465x647px) Image search: [Google]
The Philosophers Stone.png
528KB, 465x647px
>>49910222
Yup, fair point.
TFW the post was 25 minutes ago and there were no replies. TFW your game's general is slow as fuck.

On an unrelated note, is Pic Related ever worth taking?
It's one of the cards in the first book that I think is maybe just there to fill slots.
I can't think of all that many times it wouldn't be better to Stone for Defensive rather than the extra one, maybe two Df. Especially since it's still costing you the Stone every time.
>>
>>49910386
None of the Stone upgrades are worth the soulstone to take them, let alone the upgrade slot.
>>
>>49910404
the card draw isn't terrible for 1ss I guess
>>
>>49910425
It's not great though in a faction with amazing upgrades. You need to discard the upgrade and do a 0 action to draw 2.
You're probably just better off holding the soul stone as cashe as it's more flexible there and could still get you two cards (although with a discard 2 afterwards) during the draw phase.
>>
>>49910425
If Imbued Energies didn't exist, sure.
>>
>>49910206
Neverborn can't spam armor like Arcanists can. Sonnia bounces off of armor.
>>
Alright. I like... Every neverborn master, design-wise, and I'm not sure which to start with. Haven't played any of them yet, but my favorite masters that I have played thus far are Leveticus and Molly. Any advice for a relative scrub?
>>
>>49910739
Every Neverborn master cheats in a differentw ay.

Do you want a melee beater who you can't hide from? Lilith.
Do you want to beat your opponent at his own game with his own models? Pandora.
Do you want to choose what cards are in your hand from turn to turn? Lynch.
Do you want to end the game with more models than you started with? Dreamer.
Do you want to decide which attacks go on which of your models? Collodi.
Do you want your Master's AP to go to whatever model needs it most? Lucius.
Do you like Obey effects? Zoraida.

There's some hyperbole here, but you get the idea.
>>
>>49910812
>Do you want to decide which attacks go on which of your models? Collodi.
What do you mean by that? I think Collodi and Dreamer are my top two choices atm.
>>
>>49911344
Collodi gives one model in his crew (Changeable during his activation) the Personal Puppet upgrade. An action that targets Collodi can, at his discretion, instead go on the Personal Puppet. He can summon more of his totem during the game, which are custom built to be Personal Puppets for him, basically.
>>
>>49911376
Ah. Nifty.
>>
>>49859019
Curse your family's honor
>>
>>49904287
Bueller?
>>
>>49910812
Alright, screw it, I'll be the asshole. What would you recommend a neverborn virgin get alongside Pandora's box (heh)?
>>
Ashes and Dust is the biggest pain in the ass to assemble. On the plus side I got the 2nd edition models for the first edition price ($12)
>>
Playing collect the bounty.
Does damage from pulses count as being caused by the model if it kills the one effected?

Specifically in this case a black blood shaman used black blood pustule on nekima which resulted in seamus dying.
Do either of those models count as reducing Seamus to 0?
>>
>>49852337
Bumping from page 10
>>
>>49914657
If it's from an ability then whoever has the ability gets the credit. If it's from a condition then no one gets credit. In that case Nekima would have gotten credit for the kill.

Also if the black blood shaman had given black blood to something that didn't have it and that black blood killed something no one would get credit.
>>
>>49914099
Doppleganger. Teddy. Insidious Madness. Widow Weaver. Primordial Magic.
All this gives you a lot of flexibility with list building.
>>
>>49910578
Ah, fair enough.
Since i run mostly Showgirls, I guess I don't quite get the same "I'm bulletproof" experience of many.
Though, having said that, the Mannequins are Armour +3, and Joss and the Trapper are both +1.

>>49914099
Also, even in the hands of a relative noob, Pandora is a pain in the dickhole to play against, so you should do OK.

>>49915567
Also, this is the compulsory reminder that Doppleganger is some high-grade bullshit.
>>
File: Pandora-copy.jpg (112KB, 280x387px) Image search: [Google]
Pandora-copy.jpg
112KB, 280x387px
>You're pretty strong but how's your Wp?
>Oh, you missed, that means.... 3 dmg to you.
>Ok, you can cheat fate, but discard a card first.
>Which one of your attacks hits the hardest? I'll use it on you.
>>
Can anyone give me some advice for taking on Sonnia as Outcasts? I have Parker and Jack at the moment, and I just keep getting destroyed by the Ca9 blast shenanigans

What I have for more info I guess:
Parker's box
Jack's box(with the pink Trapper)
Convict Gunslingers
Emissary
Effigy
Aionus
Hanged
Jaakuna Ubume
>>
>>49916431
Von Schill and friends laugh at Sonnia.

Using what you have, probably Jack and Mad Dog, Convict Gunslingers, Emissary, the Trapper.

Run Jack with Scout the Field and Bigger They Are. Send him off on his own and jump on Sonnia from out of sight.
>>
Tell me, do you like your Wp...
>>
File: WYR20422-WidowWeaver.jpg (391KB, 1600x794px) Image search: [Google]
WYR20422-WidowWeaver.jpg
391KB, 1600x794px
>>49917059
...because it would be a shame....
>>
File: 23109486310_4c87a34143_b.jpg (253KB, 1024x979px) Image search: [Google]
23109486310_4c87a34143_b.jpg
253KB, 1024x979px
>>49917074
...if someone were to lower it.
>>
>>49917059
I'm rather fond of it, yes.

I bought Dora myself a little while ago but because she's so far removed from my usual fare with my Lilith nephilim and my Toni and Mei union lists that I haven't actually played her yet.
I will one day.
Maybe.
>>
I wish I could get this game to take off locally. We just don't have the player base to be able to have an assortment of players. I would like to have 7 other people to ensure there is some variety,

;__; [/spoiler}
>>
>>49918515
I feel ya. In a college town with no wargame presence at all
>>
So if you some how found yourself in malifaux and marketable skills for the setting which faction would join?
>>
>>49919113
The "train back to earth"
one, cause fuck malifaux.
>>
>>49919158

The Other Side ensures that Earth is just as fucked as Malifaux. Maybe more so.
>>
>>49919158
I mean you make a fair point but so does >>49919354 about the earth being fucked. Honestly just to answer my own question and to put it out there I'd just join up with the guild and try to work under Hoffman.
>>
>>49918515
I've got about 6 solid players and a bunch of people I see every so often. The core group is consistent but it's been hard to grow past that.

>>49919113
I'd probably be some Guild flunky. I'd get killed horribly by <insert main character here> to further some scheme, nefarious or otherwise.
>>
>>49915852
I hate Pandora.

>>49917263
One of my locals plays a very annoying Swamp Fiend-y Pandora list.
Waldgeists and McTavish as one brutal killy/area-denial unit, then the Pandora Paralyze blob to shut down another region of the board, usually with Silurids to run Shcemes (or hunt runners).
Really annoying to deal with.
Not impossible, just hard work.

Having said that, I just scraped in Second in our local tournament.
Pretty fucking happy lads.
>>
I've been looking at a wargame lately because i've gotten after a few months of no work, Right now its between this and Kings of war. Is there a good place to find out what each factions playstyle or something?
>>
>>49921001

Wyrd's website and the accompanying wiki, Pullmyfinger, can both give you a good run-down of how each faction broadly plays, as well as the masters that fall under them.

Note though, that while there's certain broad expectations of each faction, each master within that faction can play wildly from what people expect. Neverborn have a lot of fast melee glass cannons, but they also have things like the Dreamer summoning a bunch of models, or Pandora punishing the enemy through Willpower-lowering powers, or Collodi tossing models clear across the board to drop scheme markers. You can play one master and never touch the rest of the models in that faction and still play differently from a similar master in the same faction with some of the same models. And that's not even getting into dual-faction masters.
>>
>>49921001
>>49921250
Yeah, what he said.
How do you like to play games?
There's a Master for that.
And there's almost certainly one in the faction that appeals aesthetically to you the most.
>>
>>49921001
Start http://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux-the-guild and read through each master's page. Also make sure to look at what comes in their box, as what they come with may look cooler than the master himself. While each faction has its own overall play style and set of gimmicks more or less, each faction is really diverse and masters within a faction can vary a lot.

I actually play both games that you mentioned and like both. Because KoW is super generic, you can use a lot of Malifaux figures in it. Though magnetizing feet and/or conversion trays will probably be required as the basing requirements for each game are completely different.
>>
>>49922038
Well, the only table top game I play at the moment is Magic the gathering. Not really applicable i'm sure but I like fast aggro decks with a few combat tricks.

As far as looks, I like goblins, Ten Thunders, Neverborn and resurrectionists.

>>49922821
Yeah, I was honestly thinking of getting into Neverborn just so I could play this and play Night stalkers because I'd figure they'd fit together fairly well theme wise.
>>
>>49923194
>I like fast aggro decks with a few combat tricks.

Neverborn are probably for you, then. They have a lot of fast, in-your-face models that do well or excel at close combat. Lilith especially; she's all about punching the enemy right in the face, and has a number of tricks to keep things interesting. Dreamer can also do this, with a side of summoning; both box sets thrive off Lelu & Lilitu, and Teddy goes well in a lot of lists as well.
>>
>>49923194
Never born, especially Lilith, plays in the spirit of Red Aggro.

Wong from Gremlins is like the equivalent of suicide black.
>>
So does the Ironsides model actually have her cornrows sculpted? It doesn't seem like it.
>>
Just came back from a tournament. Won one and lost two, with my loss with the Viks being a terrible 9 to 1 sweep. My parker games were way better, with the win being a 10 to 3 blow out where the only points scored by my opponent was a 3 to 3 detonate the charges trade.

Starting to think that maybe I'm ready to move past the cruise missile but not sure yet. How can I tell?
>>
>>49925126
Not that guy, but what if I played mostly black/white and monoblack control?
>>
>>49925645
Leveticus. You crazy fucker
>>
>>49925645
>>49925739
I feel like (Guild)McMourning would be pretty good White Black, or I could just be an autistic dipshit
>>
>>49927685
maybe more Black/Red
>>
Is Burt Jebsen redundant in a Zoraida list if I already have Francoix? Can't decide between Burt of Sammy
>>
>>49925442
The Vik Missile is just another tool in the box. If you run into a murder spree S&S or your opponent declares Arcanists, rev up those gals.

>>49928716
Might be a bit redundant unless you really want to destroy 2 models a turn.
>>
File: Cult1440x960.jpg (254KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cult1440x960.jpg
254KB, 1440x960px
The Wendigo in Rasputina's box. How easily can it be removed from the Guild Guard?
I have the box coming in the mail and I don't like mid-battle fight scenes like that.
Also I rather like the idea of a free guard with the box if it isn't totally ruined by the removal.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (690KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
690KB, 1500x900px
>>49932357
Based on these blueprints, it looks like the only thing you'd have to worry about is the wendigo's left hand and part of his left foot.
>>
>>49932357
I've seen it done and it looked fine, never tried it myself.
>>
>>49932381
I feel like an idiot.
The kits are pretty self explanatory so I've never had to look up the instructions before so naturally I completely forgot about it.
Looks like it shouldn't be hard to scrape it off the guy and make a new claw and foot out of green stuff.

Thanks for that.
>>
Alrighty I somehow managed to get third place in my local slow grow ( got a lot of points for painting and doing things besides winning). This was my first time really playing malifaux and I got Miss Fire as a prize. Is she any good in game? Her model looks banging but I haven't found any examples of her painted when I searched online. Does anyone mind uploading a picture of theirs so I can have an idea of how to go about painting her?
>>
>>49933361
She's a female counts-as for Willie so everything you look up for Willie is true for her. She's especially good in an ironsides crew, because ironsides buffs wounded models.

As for painting, I dunno. It's a bitch on a penny farthing. Look up old illustrations of bitches of penny farthing to get the sort of colors you want.
>>
>>49928716
>>49928716
>>49931680
>unless you really want to destroy 2 models a turn
This - decent choice for Hunting Party or Collect the Bounty.

>>49932453
>Looks like it shouldn't be hard to... make a new claw and foot out of green stuff.
God, I hate people like you.
You skilled shit.
>>
I can't for the life of me decide between Guild and NvB. I have the starter set and some McM stuff that I haven't touched yet, but that's mainly ressers.
>>
>>49937520
Guild. You already have more stuff for them, and the Guild starter set models are better overall. Plus they are the less popular faction of the two, so when Titania hits shelves and every other person is playing her you can actually stand out.
>>
>>49937564
Any recommendations for buys? I'd like to play the man in the brass mask at some point, either way.
>>
>>49937722
Austringers. Few masters don't like them. For Lucius probably riflemen and witchling thralls as well. Justice and Perdita's boxes have some pretty useful models as well.
>>
>>49937789
I do have a pair of Marshals, and I'm not too big on Lady J. Is the Judge that worthwhile, or am I good? Otherwise, sounds like Sonnia might be the best place to start?
>>
>>49937957
The Judge probably won't be necessary, especially with Lucius. Sonnia is a fun master though you may not end up actually using any of her stuff beyond stalkers for summoning, or maybe having one to start.
>>
>>49937991
Oh, I got stalkers and thralls mixed up there, sorry.
>>
>>49931680
I replayed the game in my head and the big mistake was moving forward into a gun line. If I had hung back, he'd be forced to come forward. There was a water tower that I could have hidden behind.
>>
What are your favorite alternate rules? I've been wanting to try enforcer battle

• Each player selects one Enforcer and attaches up to one Upgrade to it. The Upgrade must be something the
Enforcer could have attached at the start of a normal game considering its Faction(s). (Leader only Upgrades may
not be selected, for example.) The Enforcer must be one with a Cost which may be hired (no Coryphee Duets, for
example).
• The game is played on a standard table. Each player flips a card to determine deployment order; the player who
flips highest deploys first, followed by the second highest, etc., until each player has deployed their Enforcer. If two
or more players are tied, they reflip amongst themselves. Models may be deployed anywhere on the table which is
more than 6” from another model.
• Before the game, assign a suit (R, t, etc.) to each table edge. On a player’s initiative, if they have no models in play
or buried, they must flip a card which may not be cheated (reflipping jokers). The player places a new copy of the
model they chose at the start of the Brawl (including its Upgrade) within 6” of the board edge corresponding to the
suit flipped and then proceeds with their Activation as normal..
• Play proceeds for 6 rounds. Each round, all players flip for initiative; the player who flips highest must go first,
followed by the second highest, etc. until all players have gone. If two or more players are tied, they reflip amongst
themselves. If a model receives Reactivate, it receives a second Activation at initiative -1 (if multiple models
Reactivate, they flip to determine which goes first).
RESTRICTIONS
The Enforcer Brawl has the following restrictions/rules:
• Players have a hand of 4 cards, instead of the usual 6.
• Any Actions, Abilities, or Triggers which summon models are considered to be “blank” (they may not be used and
have no effect on the game, as if they were not printed on the model).
>>
So I won a local tounament yesterday. Our henchman is stuck in the old ways so we ran rulebook schemes and strats. I decided to play something that doesn't see much love in my meta and pull out my freshly painted arcanists.

Let me start off by saying mei feng is a fucking powerhouse, I ran her in 2 of my three games, and she a coryphee duet and my rail golem "Nigel" cleaned house. "Fie" on anyone who doubts the rail golems killing potential.

Round 1: Strategy: Reconnoiter
Schemes: Assassinate
Murder Protege
Body Guard
Plant Evidence
Line in the Sand
Played Meifeng against Von schill here. Took Assassinate and murder protege on Lazarus.
I got the coryphee duet into combat with Laz on turn two, proceeded to rail walk mei feng into Laz, and down him, Then the coryphee charged Von Schill and it was all over. Scored a full 10 on that one

Round 2: Strategy: Turf War
Schemes: Assassinate
Breakthrough
Take Prisoner
Cursed Object
Line in the Sand
Decided to take Ramos on this one. I got paired up against Von Schill again. I decided to take "Take prisoner" and line in the sand on this one. Ramos went nuts with the summoning off Joss murdering one of my own spiders netting me 5 spiders for a soulstone and two high tomes. They then proceeded to heal as they activated near Joss. Joss ended up killing von schill in this one, (can't stop that 3/4/4 damage train baby)
I took the Librarian as my prisoner, and with mech rider managed to score line in the sand no problem, scored a full 10 on this one too.

(TBC)
>>
>>49942673
SCORING
At the end of 6 Turns, the player with the highest Victory Points wins. Players score VP in the following manner:
• 3 VP for each opposing model killed or sacrificed. A player scores 4 VP instead if the model they killed or sacrificed
had a higher Soulstone Cost (including the cost of Upgrades) than their model did.
• 1 VP for dealing 1 or more damage to an undamaged enemy (this may stack with killing the model). A player
scores 2 VP instead if the model they damaged had a higher Soulstone Cost (including the cost of Upgrades) than
their model did.
• -3 VP for each time the player’s model was killed or sacrificed.
>>
>>49942677
Round 3: Strategy: Squatter's Rights
Schemes: Bodyguard
Breakthrough
Entourage
Frame for Murder
Line in the Sand
This was a tough one, and I decided to run Mei Feng as I was having fun playing her. I took frame for murder and breakthrough.Resser Tara was my opponent, I've played a little with her in outcasts so I knew the beast bomb was coming but I kinda couldn't stop it against howard langston (Which I thought for sure he would leave alone because it had Imbued energies on it and Frame for murder was in the pool. The rail golem was my actual frame for murder candidate.)
He decided to beast bomb howard at the end of the first turn, I attacked the carrion emissary with my rail golem in return and scored him two points on frame for murder. I got thouroghly thrashed this game but managed to max out the points I could get which was 9. and the most my opponent could get was 9 so we shook hands and said GG at the end of round 4 instead of fucking around for another turn that wouldn't matter. I got 1st, he got 2nd, and a guy I didn't even play got third (his first round was an abysmal win at 3v2, but hell he got there)

So I think I'm gonna roll with Arcanists for a while, I actually really love how Mei feng plays, and I've got a collette (and mr.cooper), Ironsides, and Kaeris crew nearly ready to rock. Thinking I might pick up marcus as well but I'm gonna need to do something with his model, maybe a lion tamer sort of look to match the dark carnival?
>>
File: Boris.png (331KB, 810x595px) Image search: [Google]
Boris.png
331KB, 810x595px
>>49942757
If you go that route with Marcus make sure to give the mauler a fez to go with his patch upgrade. The alt Blessed of December is also a neat thematic fit. I am thinking of painting Marcus up with a voodoo-witch doctor look myself, as there some decent resser beasts that he can use.
>>
>>49942849
I was actually planning on this.

I have the Alt blessed of december but he's my "ogre" in my Bloodbowl team. might get another, who knows. Sabertooth Cerberus should be a Bengal tiger yeah?
>>
File: drum stand.jpg (14KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
drum stand.jpg
14KB, 236x236px
>>49942951
That would be a good idea. You could also see if you could magnetize Luther's feet rather than buy another one, so you can use it in both games. And of course give everything a proper basing job (Pic related).
>>
>>49943004
Yeah was gonna do these or something like the boards I did above with them doing circus stuff like balancing a ball or something. So first question, What runs well with marcus? (beasts obviously but that seems like a no brainer)
Follow up question, are there any arcanist things you can think of that heal constructs other than Bleeding edge tech or Ramos' field mechanic?
>>
>>49942757
Are those bases popsicle sticks?
I love them
>>
>>49943094
pretty much, Walmart sells a bunch of square sticks for crafts in their crafts section 100 for something like $3 I cut them with my sprue cutters glued them side by side, sprayed 'em white, then basecoat of brown (burnt umber I think) then an ink of P3's brown over top to give them the dull shine.
>>
>>49925739
As much as I dig Levi, I don't care for the rest of Outcasts (other than Hamelin) at all.
>>
>>49943207
To be fair, I play Viks and parker and I can't stand most the faction. I would consider Schill though.
>>
I have a tournament coming up soon and only a handful of games under my belt.
I only have a small pool of units to choose from since I just started.
Tara
Karina
Nothing Beast
6 Void Wretches (3 were a gift)
Johan
Bishop
3 drowned
Ashes and dust.
Is there anything I should be worried about facing with this pool?
I can spend about $20 more before the tournament, is there anything I should pick up?
>>
>>49943341
I forgot, I also have scion of the void
>>
>>49937722
For guild tha master boxes sort you out pretty well.
Perdita's box gets you some awesome henchmen and enforcers that can go into most lists.
Sonia gets you witchling stalkers.
Justice gets you death marshals and the judge.
Lucius has a box full of decent minions.
Hoffman get's you some constructs if you want them, watcher can be good.

On top of that you'll definately want austringers, riflemen. (If you like Lucius, both of these should be your first buys after his box)

And some maybes of witchling handlers and probably the brutal effigy and emisary.

Specifically for lucius you might want to pick up the doppleganger and terracotta warrior (when released)
>>
>>49943083
For Marcus get another cerberus for Myranda to turn into and some canine remains for scheme running.
>>
I got the starter set - now what?

also
2 am bump
>>
>>49946765
pick a master box
>>
>>49942757
How do you play Mei?
I've just picked her up, should be painted by the weekend.
Expecting a big change from the Colette crew I learned the game with.
>>
So question about the Lucius Terracotta Warrior interaction. Does Lucius's Devil's Deal target? If so Terracotta Warriors can't reduce that damage with Thousands Strong.
>>
>>49947193
It's not an action that targets it, jit's an ability. Meaning that the Terracotta Warrior can prevent it.
>>
>>49947233
Alright, cool, thanks a bunch.
>>
Does the Generalist upgrade deck have 3 copies of Temporary Shielding? It seems kind of pointless otherwise.
>>
>>49947279
Yes it does.
>>
Starting with a Von Schill crew. What non- Freikorps models are worth getting and is Anna Lovelace good with him?
>>
>>49946982
The core of the mei feng crew I take a beat stick, (rail golem or Howard Langston) two fire gamin, and mech rider, the rest can be filled by whatever you like, I happen to be a fan of two coryphee, but I understand if you don't feel that way. So basically how I work with Mei is I daisy chain my constructs for rail walker, build a hand with arcane reservoir (the first turns hand should only help you build to this) and use her as a finisher. Vapormancy is no joke, use it against incorporeal models, I also like the seismic claws upgrade, for when you absolutely positively have to get 5 attacks in a turn (railwalker can gives you a free kick, seismic claws can net you a free kick on a tomes trigger)
Vent steam is worth its weight in gold especially on stuff like coryphee who are already getting + flips on defense and Wp. I take Mei kinda light on ss but I could also make the argument on why you would want a full cache.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.