[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diverse skill challenges that test not only stamina, strength,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

File: 77620l.jpg (85KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
77620l.jpg
85KB, 315x450px
>diverse skill challenges that test not only stamina, strength, judgement, and dexterity in directing the gondola, but also acting as tour guide, which requires not only a deep historical as well as personal understanding of the city but a charismatic delivery, all while trying to manage a business and schedule
>the entire city is an endless adventure, with thousands of alleys and passages to explore, with diverse treasure in the form of new discoveries like cozy crepe stalls, ancient art fixtures long forgotten that are worth admiring anew, vantage points for absorbing the beauty of the horizon, or even a chance to partake in the cat parade led by the King of Cats himself. Each new discovery isn't just an unforgettable experience, but a seed that can be planted in the heart of anyone you share even the story of that moment with.
>A cast of characters that range from rivals to seniors to juniors, alongside the townsfolk who help reveal the wonders and secrets of the city to you
>Systematized progression, complete with ranks and challenges that must be overcome in order to reach each new rank, with the final step being an open-ended question of what meant the most to you

So, yes, you could run a gondolier game. And it could be great.
In fact, I now believe you could literally run any kind of game.
>>
File: 1419369671199.gif (499KB, 599x520px) Image search: [Google]
1419369671199.gif
499KB, 599x520px
>>49850468
>So, yes, you could run a gondolier game
Elaborate how you would run it, mister page 10 without replies.
>>
>>49850468
Well this thread is probably going to die with only myself and >>49853168 answering it, regardless, I actually liked it.
>>
>>49854442
Nah, I'm interested. Sounds like a comfy game to play, a nice change of pace from the usual ultraviolence/high fantasy violence/political violence. Tell us more.
>>
File: 1476603268707.jpg (51KB, 666x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476603268707.jpg
51KB, 666x500px
Go on sir, i'm genuinely curious and interested
>>
[Desire to know more intensifies]
>>
Lets make this entire thread about Comfy game ideas.

I've always fancied running a game where the players are couriers in a fantasy city, bringing mail to and from places, doing deliveries, maybe getting involved in some shenanigans with rival porters, hiring street urchins to carry small packages, so on.
>>
>>49850468
In my experience, SoL games are actually fun, because my players try to enforce those quiet, bonding, character developing or just plain fun-having moments no matter what kind of game it is. When they arrive at a new city and just want to mess around and stuff. It's always fun.

So, elaborate on the idea you've posted, OP. It sure sounds hard to run.
>>
>>49855416
VeloCity is a good basis then. You'll just have to work out the fluff.
>>
File: yuXtqXY[1].png (597KB, 1935x773px) Image search: [Google]
yuXtqXY[1].png
597KB, 1935x773px
>>49855691
>VeloCity
Let me tell you what I imagined when I saw that name.

>Meet Yuki, an 18 year old cycling enthusiast from Japan
>Having just graduated from high school, she moves to France to fulfill her lifelong dream: win the Tour de France
>She arrives in an idyllic village in Southern France, in a fertile valley where lavenders bloom and bees buzz under the gentle, Mediterranean sun
>The medieval village she arrives in is almost perfectly preserved, the air is thick with the smell of freshly baked bread and pastries and cyclists ride back and forth
>Yuki looks around with big eyes and goes "uwaaaa~!" until she's almost knocked over by a handsome, male cyclist about her age and his luxury all-terrain bicycle
>The young Frenchman scoffs and is about to give this clumsy girl a piece of his mind, until he notices her shoddy, old bike
>"Hon? So you're into cycling too?"
>Genki as always, Yuki confides to him that she wants to win the Tour de France
>The young Frenchman scoffs again
>"Sure, knock yourself out. 100th place isn't bad for an étranger!"
>With a hearty "HON HON HON", the Frenchman rides away, fast like the wind
>Yuki grits her teeth and clutches her fist against her chest
>"I'll show you! I'll win the Tour de France and make you acknowledge me for my talent!"

>Cue OP
>A strange combination of Jpop and Chanson plays as the sun rises on the medieval village
>Its inhabitants look up to the sky, some close-up shots of secondary characters follow in quick succession
>The last shot is of Yuki's smiling face, looking straight at the viewer
>Zoom out, she's on top of a hilly road and about to ride down
>She quickly passes by as the camera pans up towards the golden sun
>Lensflare
>"VELOCITY" appears on screen in big, colorful letters

Worst of all: I'd unironically watch it.
>>
>>49855818
Eh, the Cyclists in VeloCity can do bicycle parkour.
>>
>>49855858
>Over the top sports shounen
Sounds about right
>>
File: KemomiCityLarge.jpg (842KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KemomiCityLarge.jpg
842KB, 1800x1200px
>>49850468
Can I add kemonomimi to it and end up with CATastrophe?
>>
Would play it just to get comfy and feel good.

Aria is the perfect come-home-fom-a -ong-day-at-work-and-flee-to-comfy-land anime.

The soundtrack would be perfect to listen to while playing.
>>
Fuck Aria.

Game takes place in an alternate universe version of Venice. The tourism industry took a huge hit, gondoliering became ultra-competitive. As Venice descends into cyberpunk post-apocalypse barbarism, gondolieros have began equipping their boats with torpedoes and machineguns, fighting over the one resource that still matters: tourists who don't speak Italian who can be conned out of exorbitant sums of money by sailing them around the same channel so many times they forget they're going in circles.

It is then that the vampire mafia intervenes.
>>
>>49856471

So I've found myself watching several sports anime, namely Hajime no Ippo and it got me to wondering if it would possible to make a unified system that allowed you to play shonen style athletes in every sport.

The key thing being a few abilities that are universal to all the athletes like getting into the zone or whatever that has you hyper focus while each sport has it's own unique moves and techniques associated with them with the typical shonen flair (juking someone in basketball literally has you moving so fast you leave an after image, the pitcher has a special throw that causes the ball to curve at a seemingly impossible angle, etc).

You could run comfy level games with something like that
>>
File: 1445691512394.jpg (1MB, 2500x1805px) Image search: [Google]
1445691512394.jpg
1MB, 2500x1805px
>>49853168
Not OP, but I would probably adapt the Saikoro Fiction system and use Scenes a la SRS. You can see a demonstration in the KantaiCollection TRPG.

Each session could run as a one-off scenario, or could be linked together as a campaign.
1) Introduction Phase
Pretty self explanatory; premise of scenario, characters meet together.
2) Office Phase
Each PC takes the lead in various chosen or random events cycle; Can rest, store/take equipment, at their office or home.
3) Challenge Phase
Guiding a customer, competing in an event, participating in a festival, this is the confrontation.
4) Conclusion Phase
Epilogue, tying the story up, characters return to home/office- Gain/Use XP or make equipment purchases.
>>
>>49860255
Beginning characters get access to 4 traits, and can cross off one dividing row (normally the row counts for distance, see below).
Basic system is rolling 2d6+modifiers.
Target Number = 5 + Distance from the Trait (if you don't have it). So if you are making a <Rowing> check and have the Rowing trait, you have to beat a 5 with 2d6. If you don't have Rowing, but have <Balance> you would count the distance from <Rowing> (=2), so you would have to beat a 7 with 2d6.
Equipment might give you modifiers to help (a company uniform might give a +1 on advertising checks, for example).
You can support characters you have a relationship with by checking the box and adding your relationship score as a modifier to their roll. Uncheck all boxes at the end of a session (some events in the Office phase can let you uncheck them, or increase your relationship scores).
>>
File: 1446211881537.jpg (51KB, 420x684px) Image search: [Google]
1446211881537.jpg
51KB, 420x684px
>>49860299
Challenges are where your primary attributes (Technique, Stamina, Judgement) come into play. They are used to make or oppose checks similarly to skills. Technique or Judgment can be used to make/oppose checks, while your stamina determines how much strain, whether mental or physical, you can take before you're too exhausted to continue.
You can use Energy to reroll a dice roll - roll 1d6 to see how much energy you spend and then reroll the check.
a Critical Failure (snake eyes on the dice roll) can't be rerolled and generally denotes an accident. A Critical Success (6, 6 ) will restore 1d6 energy.
Items are one-use consumables (food, like lunch, to replinish energy or a memento).

I haven't fleshed out things further, but honestly you could add a Fame/Popularity subset or little Office/Company sheet and brainstorm a huge list of event tables or items/abilities.
Most of the story really happens during the events and can be really player driven.
>>
File: gondola.jpg (36KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
gondola.jpg
36KB, 604x437px
>>49850468
It's all fun and games until the gondola decides it's had enough of being directed.
>>
File: ARIA dresses.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ARIA dresses.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Akari pretty much implies Earth is fucked.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.