[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I've got a brilliant idea - let's strip mine Hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_o868tbcoK41rvrhczo1_1280.jpg (291KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o868tbcoK41rvrhczo1_1280.jpg
291KB, 1280x1707px
>I've got a brilliant idea - let's strip mine Hell for cheap, plentiful clean energy!

Well, I know what my next Dark Heresy campaign will be about.
>>
>>49804883
You made me cream my pants remembering his voice, OP, I hope you're happy.
>>
File: chaps.jpg (60KB, 527x681px) Image search: [Google]
chaps.jpg
60KB, 527x681px
>>49804883
>let's strip mine Hell for cheap, plentiful clean energy

Is this from some weird shit? I honestly love this premise.
>>
File: 1462316328551.png (196KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1462316328551.png
196KB, 557x605px
>>49805273
D44M
>>
>>49805273
It's the pre-plot of Doom 2016. It didn't go well, and the Doom Slayer has to clean up the mess like some kind of supernatural customs officer.

Samuel Hayden, robo-dude there, got fucked over by his coworker who bought into the demons' supernatural BS, while he was just a scientist and businessman.
>>
>>49805147
I couldn't help but feel like it was a guy doing a convincing impression of James Spader in the Avengers.
>>
>>49805382
EXACTLY. I was so convinced it was him at first, reprising that voice.
>>
I love how Hayden was just a guy that happened to be a robot.

You didn't get any glitches, or obnoxious "I DON'T UNDERSTAND HUMON BEEP BOOP", just cool, clean sleazy businessman.
>>
>>49805508
He's actually a brain in a giant robot body. He got cancer but said "FUCK THAT. Also my new body will be durable enough to go to Hell and back! Literally! FUCK CANCER."
>>
>>49804883

This game had a fucking awesome soundtrack. If only board this music could work as ambience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ
>>
>>49805831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

Dogma leading into Rip & Tear is the most hilariously awesome thing ever.
>>
>>49805728

Gotta love the Cave Johnson style business style

Practical Men with Overblown Solutions
>>
>>49804883
>>49805322
I was gonna say, I think the UAC tried this.
>>
>>49804883
Whenever I read his lines, I read them in the voice of Cave Johnson.

It's amazing.
>>
>>49805916

"They told me I had six months to live! So I said 'FUCK CANCER' and built myself a shiny new robot body so I can live forever! How neat is that? Samuel Hayden, we're done here."
>>
>>49805332
It didn't go well because he took Doomguy's coffin from the temple and Hell went crazy trying to get it back so he wouldn't wake up.
>>
>>49804883
He's basically an Empyrean Engineer archmagos who got screwed over by a subordinate who went full Dark Mechanicum and made a Dark Pact to usher in the full legions of the Warp in exchange for becoming a brain-spider-cyborg Daemon Prince.

Totally suitable for an Ordo Malleus-focused Dark Heresy campaign.
>>
>>49809424
Also, the Daemons are all very obviously aligned with Khorne. Fire, blood, skulls, and killing are all very Khornate elements to their aesthetics, you'll sometimes find them fighting each other for no apparent reason, and they'll all immediate try to kill their enemies the moment they see them and continue attacking until their enemy is defeated or they've died in the process.
>>
>>49809396

Nah Olivia and her team were already sacrificing each other and putting weapons on demons and getting ready to open up a portal to Hell for the glory of the Titans or whatever

Doomguy was just his insurance
>>
>>49809508
Oh, okay.
I'm just barely in Hell, I'm clearing that one room the second time, the one with the yellow key and the quad damage.
>>
>>49805728
There was some fluff bit where some reporters questioned him as for why some business bigwig would make his new robot body into a massive megafigthing robot instead of just a human looking regular one. His answer was something like "you never know when you might need a hero."
>>
>>49805382

Way better character than Ultron was though
>>
>>49804883
How the fuck could anyone ever think that mining HELL is a cheap thing?
>>
>>49809869
depends on the scale of things. If its enough to power the entire Earth then this operation with several thousand/tens of thousands of people is quite cheap.
>>
>>49809896
A fair point.
>>
>>49809869
People right now burn dinosaur blood up for energy even though it melts the atmosphere so that too much of the sun comes through the ozone layer and makes global warming. If they could burrow into hell with magic portals they would put devil teeth in light bulbs or something, even if it slowly turned everything into lava.
>>
>>49809931
>it melts the atmosphere so that too much of the sun comes through the ozone layer and makes global warming
That is not how it works.
>>
>>49809896
Considering one of the things powered is a town sized AI thats core nominally runs at 1200000 Celsius, I think it'd be capable of powering Earth.
>>
>>49809538
I NEED A HERO
>>
>>49809942
it's a VERY simplified explanation anon
>>
>>49810040
So simplified that it's completely fucking wrong.

CO2/methane/whatever in the atmosphere doesn't allow more sunlight through, it traps that which enters so the heat cannot radiate back into space.

It doesn't affect the ozone layer, that's CFCs.
>>
So explain me this.
What's the deal with the UAC hologram talking about a "yearly soul reaping" and why does it make it sound like a good thing?
>>
>>49810160
Demon-worshipers with programming skills.
>>
>>49810056
>too much of the sun comes through the ozone layer
>immediately assume he's talking about light coming directly
You're interprating vague things to your advantage just to feel smug anon
It's time to stop
>>
File: doomguy3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>49810160
Olivia's research staff consisted of demon worshipers, Sam knew that, so he found the Doomguy's coffin, so he could reactivate him as an insurance.

To be fair, everything was going pretty fucking well and safe, until the whole cultist thing had become too big. If it wasn't for those shitheads, it would've been great.
>>
>>49810168
Demon worshiping AND programming? Sounds hellish.
>>
>>49810414
Is your name Carlos by any chance?
>>
>>49809424
>>49805332

Samuel Hayden, robo-dude there, got fucked over by his coworker who bought into the demons' supernatural BS, while he was just a scientist and businessman.

> screwed by a subordinate

His hands aren't clean, and Olivia didn't take him by surprise. The game definitely paints him as Up To No Good (I love that Doomguy is genre aware and does what he can to ignore Hayden and smash up everything related to Hell).

Hayden is a massive fan of 'ends justify the means' and ultra-utilitarian attitudes, he knew that Hell energy was turning all the humans working on the project insane and let it happen as long as he felt it was under control. He expected the demon invasion, the issue for him was he couldn't tell if it would be containable with forces he had. Demons slaughtering and torturing civilians in Hell and turning them into deformed slaves was no issue for him because hey heaps more people will benefit from all this free energy.

I really liked him, I hope there's a sequel/expansion.
>>
>>49810541

Dammit that first paragraph is supposed to be green text

> the issue for him was he couldn't tell if it would be containable with forces he had.

Speaking of, the in-game stuff mentions that all the red Elites that are dead all over place had killswitches installed in them and I think it's implied they were used. Anyone know why what would be?
>>
>>49804883
I don't see how this could possibly backfire. Let's do it.
>>
>>49810557
> Anyone know why what would be?
Likely to avoid having the strongest foot soldiers in the Mars Base become corrupted in to demons.

Also, so the player has shiny things to collect.
>>
>>49810557
Didn't Pierce kill them off? They were supposed to be insanely dedicated to Hayden and his cause, and each one has a little bit of the Doom Guy in them.
>>
Does Doom Guy prefer to rip, or tear?
>>
>>49810629
Weaker demons don't get to the second half, but I'd assume he prefers both at once.
>>
>>49810579
> They were supposed to be insanely dedicated to Hayden and his cause, and each one has a little bit of the Doom Guy in them.

Really? I missed that. I'll have to go back and collect all the logs
>>
File: Boku no Phobos.png (248KB, 1100x650px) Image search: [Google]
Boku no Phobos.png
248KB, 1100x650px
>>49810629
Rip AND Tear, of course.
>>
>>49810567
I thought Olivia flipped the switches so the Demon's had free path.
>>
>>49810673
I think their suits are reversed engineered from the Praetor Suit, those chips you yank out their chest are being used to restore your own suit to full power. I could be wrong like, don't quote me
>>
>>49810541
My favorite thing about the game is how many times Doomguy comes across as a petty, frustrated man working out some long-term issues.
>>
>>49810874
>a petty, frustrated man working out some long-term issues

I think it has less to do with that and more the fact that Doomguy has done this same song and dance too many times to still give a fuck.

Every time, the UAC wants to put their dick in hell. And every time, the UAC unleashes demon bullshit everywhere. Every time he breaks something with Hayden's voice coming out of it, you can practically hear him shouting "DON'T CARE. FUCK ALL THIS NERD SHIT. GOD DAMMIT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO FIX THE CRAP YOU PEOPLE LEAVE BEHIND"
>>
>>49810934
I mean he's fairly reasonable, he takes time to back up VEGA, actually hesitates when smashing the Ardent Energy gubins, and is pretty upset with all the loss of (nondemonic) life.
>>
>>49810259
There was nothing vague about it. Whoever the original anon(probably you) was used a completely wrong explanation.
>>
>>49811332
He just doesn't believe that any good whatsoever can come from fucking around with hell. "Clean energy" or not, he knows what the demons are capable of, and he knows the only thing for him to do is KILL ALL THE DEMONS.
>>
>>49811472
not me in the first place, try again
>>
>>49812986
Its a fucked situation really, either fuck around in hell's domain, or face an unsolvable energy crysis. Its probably why Sam doesn't just teleport you onto the surface of the sun. Aside from the fact that you'd probably just come back on fire, you're basically the ultimate plan b for when shit gets fucked.
>>
>>49809942
I feel like this could be exploited after we run out of fossil juice by setting up a shit load of solar panels
>>
>>49810874
He always struck me as a kind of Lawful Good Paladin kinda guy. Everything he does is to defeat hell and its demons, and he gives no compromise about it, kinda like Rorschach. He's probably aware that the free energy part was maybe even necessary for a lot of people, but he just cant bring it in agreement with his principles.
>>
File: doomguy_ancestor.jpg (255KB, 1800x1102px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy_ancestor.jpg
255KB, 1800x1102px
>>49814452
>NO
>NOT EVEN IN THE FACE OF INFINITE CLEAN ENERGY
>NEVER STOP KILLING DEMONS
>>
File: Zx2qTwj.png (19KB, 914x508px) Image search: [Google]
Zx2qTwj.png
19KB, 914x508px
Anyone else get a roaring boner whenever Hayden-bot speaks?
>>
>>49814680
Every time.
>>
File: 267402_1.jpg (55KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
267402_1.jpg
55KB, 630x630px
>>49814694
>>
>>49804883
> Dark Heresy campaign
> Not Rogue Trader Campaign

Pleb please. What the Inquisition doesn't know won't hurt it, and the Imperium needs all the energy it can get.
>>
>>49809869
Cheaper than having no fucking energy. No oil, no tritium/deuterium in the seas, not even any accessible fissionables. They literally need hellergy to keep work/buy/consume/die going.

If they're not using hell to bootstrap a dyson sphere or swarm, they're fucking themselves over.
>>
>>49807378
Live recording: "They just told me I had six months to live because of my multiple sentient cancers. WELL I'm here telling MY CANCER that IT has NO months to live BECAUSE OF ME! NURSE get me 4000CCs of scalpels." [sounds of flesh cutting, laughter, high pitched screaming]
>>
>>49810934

So what you're saying is the UAC are pussies, Doom Guy is a dick and Hell are assholes?
>>
>>49815874
Well the UAC is so full of shit its pretty much already an asshole. Samuel is more of the pussy in this scenario.
>>
>>49815874
More like Hell is full of assholes and everyone else has to suffer for it.
>>
>>49815874
>the UAC are pussies
using hell to power your everything is not something a pussy would do

it is, however, something the criminally retarded do
>>
>>49814452

Nah, he's more of a sort of Blood Knight. It's established that the only reason the Doom Guy helps the UAC is because he really, REALLY fucking Hates Demons and will find any excuse possible to Skullfuck their Families.
>>
>>49810541
>I really liked him, I hope there's a sequel/expansion.
Considering how the game ends I think's that's more than likely.
>>
>>49813691
>Its a fucked situation really, either fuck around in hell's domain, or face an unsolvable energy crysis.
Or do what Firefall did and set up a solar panel array on one of the Mercurian Lagrange points.
>>
>>49817985
So does that setting have some super efficient energy transmission methods, or how the fuck are they getting the energy from the mercurian lagrange points to where all their shit is?
>>
>>49818015
Quantum coupling.
Probably a conceit.
>>
>>49818015
>>49818045
If they really wanted to be Hell-independent they could have used the Hell energy to run Earth on rolling brownout and used the surplus to set up the Icarus Array and the infrastructure to transport batteries to and from.
>>
>>49804883
bump
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.