[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So commissar Garrick killed an ork and had a bigass powerklaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

File: 10006424.jpg (24KB, 250x374px) Image search: [Google]
10006424.jpg
24KB, 250x374px
So commissar Garrick killed an ork and had a bigass powerklaw built into his arm. he seems to lift it easily and doesn't seem phased by its weight. Are commissars given drugs to make them stronger? How strong is the average human guardsman in the imperium?
>>
>>49801807
>YARRICK.
fucking damn autocorrect.
>>
>>49801807
According to everything I've ever read, commissars are no stronger than an average guardsman. I would assume that, when they installed they arm, they added other cybernetic implants to allow him to actually walk around and use it despite the weight. In the 40k roleplay books, if you get a cybernetic limb, they reinforce your spine and such so that you can actually use it without killing yourself.
>>
>>49801807
It's probably a mix of spine-enhancements and just pure undiluted badassitude.

Also Yarrick may be a slight conduit for WAAAGH energy, due to becoming such a legend among the Orks. It could be that the Orks' belief in his badassery gives him enhanced strength.
>>
a little off topic maybe.

Orcs were the ideal weapon against the Ctan because they didn't have individual souls.

Doesn't that also make them the ideal weapon against Chaos?
>>
File: orks everywhere.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
orks everywhere.png
96KB, 394x294px
>>49801807
>YARRICK
'e's an Ork
>>
>>49802091
> orks don't have souls

Never heard of that. I thought it was because they have no fear of death.
>>
File: 2016-01-15B-Yarrick[1].gif (2MB, 602x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15B-Yarrick[1].gif
2MB, 602x900px
>>49801807
>Garrick
>>
>>49803833
>not reading literally the first post
Nice job
>>
>>49804238
Hello. I'm afraid that there has been something of a misunderstanding, and I must now take steps to rectify it. Yes, the first post was obvious. The capitalised green text was my first clue on this trail of mystery. I simply thought that given that this thread is about Yarrick - an angry Commissar, who like all angry Commissars, demands respect from his troops - I felt it would be somewhat humorous to post a gif possibly detailing his reaction to having his name mistaken, a potentially deadly situation when dealing with such an individual.

"Ha!" I thought, barely containing my own amusement as I dug out that perfect gif to respond to this situation. "I am sure /tg/ will find this most humorous!"

Alas, I was to quickly be set straight. You have beaten me this day, >>49804238
>>
>>49804643
Lol fagget
>>
>>49802744
No, they have a gestalt soul, aka the WAAAGH
>>
>>49804643
You're not funny, fuck off
>>
He can lift it easily because the Orks believe he can. The same reason he can not die, the Orks believe he can not in sufficient numbers to affect his being with their latent gestalt field.
>>
>>49801807
Yarrick doesn't seem to be too concerned about the fact that he's bleeding to death.
>>
>>49809151
All that blood was just weighing him down
>>
>>49809129
Ork gestalt psychoc powers have no effect on other living being. Yarrick himself is the proof.

>orks facing yarrick start believing that he can kill you with a glare
>yarrick finds this amusing and gets a laser installed in his cybernetic eye

If the ork mind worked as you say he wouldn't need to modify his implant to shoot laser from the eye.

The ork reality changing powers only work on the stuff they themselves build, and has no effect on living creatures or other people's technology
>>
>>49802744
I read it more as though they have one communal, collective soul, which is where the WAAAGH!! energy comes from, and why it's stronger the more of them gather together.
>>
>>49801807
>Are commissars given drugs to make them stronger?
They are given special training and whatever enhancemens the local mechs can scrounge up. 40K humans are also descendants of gene-modded colonists, so they are likely to be tougher and stronger in general.

Lots of guardsmen are given drugs to make them all kinds of more efficient. This is especially neat because guardsmen tend not to live long enough for side effects to manifest.
>>
>>49809615
This gets a little muddled by the fact that numerous sources in the background describe ork-technology as not actually functioning without the WAAAGH to fuel it. A lot of the parts aren't even properly connected to do what they're supposed to do.

Which raise the question of how that power-klaw actually functions on him.
>>
>>49805624
>>49802091

Wrong, dumbass. The Waaagh! is just the psychic energy of the Orks, that's being generated by their emotions, manifesting in the Warp. Each Ork has its own individual soul.

And the Krorks were created to combat the Warp Horrors/Enslavers, not the C'tan (Source the Oldcron dex).

>>49809621
>I read it more as though they have one communal

That's a lie. You just made that one on the spot.

Here is me making another one. I read somewhere that your mother birthed a living douchebag. It's 100% true. I just seen evidence of it in this very thread.
>>
>>49809615
>Ork gestalt psychoc powers have no effect on other living being.

Except when the Orks psychic power overloads the minds of psykers and kills them by the thousands.

Or when an Eldar Avatar (who lost his connection to the Eldar) was fed on the Ork Waaagh! energies.
>>
>>49809651
>Or when an Eldar Avatar (who lost his connection to the Eldar) was fed on the Ork Waaagh! energies.
This actually makes perfect sense if we assume that the old ones built both of them. No reason not to make their powers compatible and capable of powering eachother's stuff.
>>
File: concern.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
>>49809648
Did a grot shit in your coffee this morning or what?
>>
>>49801807
He's a pawn of Chaos.
>>
File: KhorneMark.jpg (14KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
KhorneMark.jpg
14KB, 200x195px
>>49809679
No, just basking in Khorne's benediction
>>
>>49809679
Aw, poor baby here is mad that someone called out his bullshit for what it was.
>>
>>49809696
>Aw, poor baby here is made

We'll at least you admit.
>>
>>49809651
Both things have a thing in common: Psykers.
But that's no different from what chaos does to psykers, or what a psychic overload of different nature does to psykers, the fact that they were of another species has no importance in this specific situation.

The avatar of khaine is a daemon, so it's made of psychic energy. Makes sense to think that if the connection to the eldar psychic field is severed, the daemon would try and sustain with every psychic energy he can find to survive.
That's the same reason there was an avatar lost in the eye of terror for lorgar to mercy kill, the avatar cannot feed on chaos.
>>
>>49809679
He is off his meds again, soon he will start rambling about a conspiracy set up by tyranidfags to censor him, just ignore him.
>>
>>49809648
Old lore that is contradicted by new lore has no meaning anymore.
It was stated repeatedly by GW itself
>>
>>49809747
>implying Tyranidfags didn't try to censor me in that thread

My satisfaction is that their lies were BTFO.
>>
>>49809751
>Old lore that is contradicted by new lore has no meaning anymore.
>It was stated repeatedly by GW itself

Explain your post, mister dumbass, because none of what I said was retconned.
>>
>>49809761
>their lies

See what I mean? He's so paranoid he has to correlate ignorance and beliefs with ill will and reiterate the correction to in the delusion they were all supporters or perpetrators of the "lies", if someone that wasn't his paranoid subconscious ever actually spread them to begin with.
>>
>>49809825
>correlate ignorance and beliefs

What do you call someone being corrected with even citations and actual quotes copypasted but refuses to change his position and continues spreading false information? A liar. A propagandist. Also your post is one big ad hom trying to derail the discussion and discredit the correct lore that I am discussing and posting. We all know that when you got confronted with actual setting facts you simply went "I DON'T ACCEPT THEM 4th ED forever! DAMN YOU CRUD!"

Furthermore, ignorance is the shield of liars. Truefax.
>>
>>49809687
...your period?
>>
>>49809852
Where did I ever try to discredit the i informations you're posting? nowhere apart your delusional paranoia, that's where, I'm simply saying that you are a silly person.

>I am the censoring tyranidfag now.
>>
>>49809918
Silly but absolutely right.
>>
>>49801807
Gravgenerators similar to eviscirators made it significantly lighter.
>>
>>49809852
wew
are you off your meds?
>>
File: 1476165348127.gif (1MB, 664x550px) Image search: [Google]
1476165348127.gif
1MB, 664x550px
>>49804643
I found it amusing Anon, ignore the faggots.
>>
>>49809615
And yet, now he can kill you with a glare.
The WAAAAGH works in mysterious, cunning, and brutal ways.
>>
>>49809636
Considering that actually using xenotech is several varieties of heresy, it seems likely that a tech-priest went over the whole thing and reworked it with human tech, while keeping the same shell.
That's probably still heresy to some hardliners though.
>>
I wonder how strongly the admech opposed of grafting xenos tech to him.
>>
>>49809852
>le tinfoil SJW illuminati boogeyman
>>
>>49812414
that is so basic I suppose it could be done by Imperial Army Medics.

And even then, Ork Tech is so primitive and low tech it might aswell not be Xeno tech at all.
>>
>>49813067
I think what initially was just a salvaged Ork power klaw was later sanctified and then reworked by the AdMech into what just appears to be a power klaw. You can always see in his art how well Yarrick takes care of it - it's not smeared with grime like other Ork tech.
>>
>>49801807
I always thought he could lift it because Orks think E's Dead 'Ard. Basically he's a badass because the Orks think he is.
>>
File: Helbrecht-Boss.jpg (399KB, 1919x1361px) Image search: [Google]
Helbrecht-Boss.jpg
399KB, 1919x1361px
Is that Yarrick on the left? He did join up with Helbrecht. If it is him, then it's nice to see he's not ALWAYS using his power klaw. He either exchanges it with his robot arm or have the klaw fitted on his arm before combat.
>>
File: chaps.jpg (60KB, 527x681px) Image search: [Google]
chaps.jpg
60KB, 527x681px
>>49809615
>Orcs believe he can kill with a glare
>Has overwhelming compulsion to have Baleful Eye grafted to his face for reasons unknown to him

>Kills Warboss in single combat
>All Orks witnessing him kill it fuel the gesalt field that he is unkillable
>Orks then believe any proper Ork would fix the power klaw to themselves, they believe Yarrick will do the same
>Despite warnings from AdMech, Church and Imperial Command, he has desperate urge to fix Xeno tech to him
>Ork gesalt field overrules common sense of Yarrick's command staff
>Everyone becomes perfectly fine with most respected, popular and beloved Commisar having xeno-tech grafted to his body
>In no way is this against the Imperial Creed

>The real reason Yarrick joins the Black Templar is his urge to remain close to the Orkish field
>His mind is lost to the addictive urge that all Orks feel when they fight

I love the idea of Yarrick being a complete slave to the Orkish Pysker field and his every action is a compulsion caused by what the Orks believe him to do. There is a presedent for it with a Space Marine gaining an urge to drive faster in Ork vehicles, weapons refusing to operate when not near Orks, just like Pysker powers can affect every race, so too can the Orks affect anybody they conciously or subconciously direct them towards.
>>
>>49809615
>If the ork mind worked as you say he wouldn't need to modify his implant to shoot laser from the eye.

How do we know his ability to 'kill with a look' does not predatehis implant? Is it truely beyond the realms of all 40k lore that he insisted on the implant in order to cover up a hideous mutation?
>>
>>49813186
>Orks hear about the Emperor somehow
>All Orks assume he's a complete bad ass because obviously all Ork leaders are and the whole Crippled thing must be BS
>Emperor gets hit by an insurmountable wave of Orkish belief
>Wakes up in the golden throne.
>First word in untold aeons is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
>>
>>49809615
>Ork gestalt psychoc powers have no effect on other living being.

In the 41st Millenium there is only war

>Implying this is not the best possible result for Orks.
>>
File: Magritte-les-fils-de-homme.jpg (20KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Magritte-les-fils-de-homme.jpg
20KB, 300x400px
>>49804643
>8/10
Now that's some modernist shitposting. Well done anon, I'm so proud of you.
>>
File: 1410005320444s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1410005320444s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>49816272
A-Alpharius?
>>
File: 1217825865293.jpg (638KB, 761x956px) Image search: [Google]
1217825865293.jpg
638KB, 761x956px
>>49809615
But you see now he CAN kill you with a glare, coincidence or subtle warp manipulation?
>>
>>49809615
>>49816083
>>49817215

This, the canon does state he played on the Ork fears that he can kill with a look. So the rumor predated the implant by some time. As I can not see Ork rumors filtering in to Imperail Guard then up the chian or indeed going straight from the Orks to the Command Staff. It must of taken a long long time for it to reach him.
>>
>>49802046
>Orks' belief in his badassery gives him enhanced strength.
This is cannon. They believe that his gaze can kill Orkz, he was at the next battle with an augmetic eye that shoots fucking plasma shots.
>>
>>49809636
Same way Diggaboyz and Armageddon Ork Hunters can use Ork weapons. They got the WAAAGH in 'em,
>>
>>49801807
Adrenaline-rush anon, the same thing that allowed a 5 foot nothing, non-gym-bunny mother to lift a car off her kid
>>
File: 063.jpg (891KB, 1088x1609px) Image search: [Google]
063.jpg
891KB, 1088x1609px
>>49801871
Yeah, the claw was always described as being modified for Yarrick. If any additional surgery and/or weight-reducing alterations were needed, they could have been done then. It's not like he just jammed the thing onto his bloody stump (he isn't actually an Ork after all).

>>49809549
"Only when the Orks had been beaten from Hades did Yarrick allow himself the luxury of passing out."

>>49809636
The real muddling comes from most people not even readng those sources to begin with. That aside, let's go with the original:
>Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork.
Many, not all. And even if this did apply to Ugulhard's klaw, they could easily have fixed any such issues at some point - like while they were turning a weapon built to be worn over a non-human-sized hand into a prosthetic replacement for a human arm.
Yarrick's battle claw predates that fluff anyway.

>>49816047
>>Has overwhelming compulsion to have Baleful Eye grafted to his face for reasons unknown to him
He knew of the Orks' stories about him and when he lost his eye he saw it as a good opportunity to mess with them.
>>
>>49817656
>"Only when the Orks had been beaten from Hades did Yarrick allow himself the luxury of passing out."

Only when the Orkish gestlat field retreat wih the death of all nearby Orks did reality reassert itself and nearly claim Yarricks life.
>>
File: 1469157629955.jpg (9KB, 261x262px) Image search: [Google]
1469157629955.jpg
9KB, 261x262px
>>49817800
>>
>>49805624
that's the tyranids, dipshit
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.