[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is now a gateway between the real world and the last setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 49

File: GATE.jpg (588KB, 1900x1708px) Image search: [Google]
GATE.jpg
588KB, 1900x1708px
There is now a gateway between the real world and the last setting you played, watched, read pr whatever. It appears right outside your city (or near the closest major city). Which side is the more fucked, how do you think this goes down, and how awesome is it?
>>
>>49797979
Nice 79s.

Our world is fucked as the last thing I played was Batman Arkham Knight. Super Villains flood into the new world and the Super Heroes are spread too thin to be effective. Trump becomes Luthor's bitch as Luthor takes over the GOP candidacy and rules us like a king.
>>
>>49797979
D&D vs DC. Well, I'd like to think that Mr. President would send in enough tanks and jets to beat up the dragons and thinks. Really, I think it would turn out pretty similar to OP's pic. Opening a gate directly to our country's capital is an act of war! or something like that.
>>
>>49797979
>Portal from the Capital Wasteland to Houston
I'd like to think that the wastelanders would profit immensely and the occasional Super Mutant or something would be rekt by the huge amount of wastelanders and people guarding it
>>
>>49797979
>Sunless Sea
>Late 19th century technology
>Vast underground ocean near Hell, where fuel runs like milk
>Lots of weird shit, but cannon and arquebus is enough to handle most of it
The Neath is gonna get LIBERATED.
>>
File: 1449168535688.jpg (101KB, 720x857px) Image search: [Google]
1449168535688.jpg
101KB, 720x857px
>Warhammer40K
Another planet conquered in the name of the Emperor. The only problem is the Emperor would have to beat down quite a few nations along with destroying religion.

Should be interesting for those of us who accept the Emperor from the get-go
>>
>>49797979
The last thing I read was Kali Ghati for Delta Green.

The other side is super turbo fucked, and it goes horribly.
>>
>>49797979
the last thing i watched was GATE
does that mean that in my world there is now a gate to Anime japan where the other gate is positioned ?
>>
>>49797979

Some questions...

If it's a gate to my homebrew setting, and I was still working on some aspects of it, do I A. have godlike control over the entire setting forever? B. have just weird empty spots wherein I didn't perfectly define the world so there's just holes in the planet? C. What happens to gods that leave my land and enter the real world?

Alternatively, I played some Dishonored last night so unless I'm getting some rad Blink powers and not getting the Rat Plague I'm not too excited.

Then again, Dunwall would get crushed by real life military shit. Stupid occult steampunk dick weeds.
>>
File: 1471561470684.jpg (20KB, 480x331px) Image search: [Google]
1471561470684.jpg
20KB, 480x331px
>>49797979
Last vidja I played that wasn't a mobile game without a setting was pokémon.
So I guess nobody's really all that fucked. Except the pokémon. Then they're literally fucked, let's face it.
>>
>>49797979
>Battletruck 1982
Great, as if the refugee crisis wasn't bad enough now we have a postapocaliptic earth to take care off.
>>
>planar gate to Innistrad opens in western Mass
And nothing of value was lost
>>
Gateway between Earth and MidChilda.

Well, the secret of magic is blown. Mind you, MidChilda already knew of earth so it's questionable if that means they now know two earths or if it will be revealed this was the earth they knew.

Trying to start a war with the TSAB would be a very, very bad idea. I mean, they have orbital bombardment options that make nukes look like a guy with the garden hose and we don't have anything that can hit orbit. We basically auto-lose if they decide to go hard on us (Which they likely wouldn't but they still have some serious stuff that outclasses us).

On the plus side: Joining the TSAB would mean better healthcare and technology. Their shit is super green despite being heavily industrial.
>>
File: ienWh21.jpg (742KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ienWh21.jpg
742KB, 1920x1080px
>>49797979
Indianapolis gets conquered by divinely-powered winged hussars, it looks like.
>>
File: Team RWBY.jpg (84KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
Team RWBY.jpg
84KB, 500x494px
I was reading a RWBY fanfic... so badish. But trade between Earth Nations and the Kingdoms should help both drastically.
>>
>>49802816

Also you get access to rad useless overdesigned guns!

>>49802505

Still looking for answers to my questions.
>>
>>49797979
>Super advanced drow had just started pouring out of their interdimensional portal to enslave the free peoples whose lands had just been devastated by years of war
>Portal to our world opens up
We're fucked. Like having a drider stinger up the ass kind of fucked. Of course, they're fucked, too, but we're probably more fucked because we've got no magic.
>>
File: BcZOaO.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BcZOaO.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
A customized 40k setting with a necron dynasty devoted to research and economic development., but trapped in a wave of gravity storms. A portal between here and there probably wouldn't end well.
>>
>>49803795
They insert the pariah gene into humanity to mature and leave.

Just as planned.
>>
Ravenloft. My city is dead within weeks.
>>
>>49797979
one puch 'verse to the heartland of the USA.
oh boy are we fucked until sitama just punches it hard enough to make it fuck back off to wherever it came from. in the meantime i'm grabbing my shit and goin innawoods, monsters seem to be drawn to citys and i have no intention of being some faceless civilian that gets blown away to show how badass the monster of the week is.
>>
>endless space 2

Oh fuck yes I'm gonna go find me a THICC amphibian fish girl.

>cravers come through

We're all fucking dead.
>>
The other side is definitely fucked on a species/culture clash level but humanity would lose hundreds of thousands of people due to rage induced cardiac failure.
>>
> home brew sky pirate middle East world
Gonna be interesting. We get magic, anti grav material, and four armed cat girls. They get advanced agriculture and access to fresh water.

>I live near st Louis so the arch would be an awesome portal.
>>
>>49797979
>Chanur series
Aw man, the Stsho are NOT gonna like this.

>Become crew with lady space lions
Neat, but I don't think I'd do as well as Tully.
>>
>>49799702
Enjoy your recursion.
>>
>Malifaux
So it's just another breech then?
We are unprepared for magic but no one over there is prepared for one hundred years of science and development.
>>
>>49797979
Last thing I played: Warhammer Fantasy 1.5 (homebrew mechanics addons),
somewhere between 2005 and 2020 IC.
Imperium becomes EUs colony and dump site for refugees, after we easily defeat orks/chaos/whatever with modern firearms/foreknowledge of the setting.
Later on, tours to sylvania for rejuvenation treatment for top 1% of the richest and
experimentation on warp that absolutely will not go wrong, honest, guys.
>>
Last thing I watched was GATE.

Little did the anime Japanese invaders know they are now in the middle of Tel'aviv, and are now staring at half a million hardened and angry Jews.
>>
File: undead loli yuri impregnation.png (693KB, 1004x682px) Image search: [Google]
undead loli yuri impregnation.png
693KB, 1004x682px
>nechronica

Hooo boy, time to become a necromancer
>>
>>49797979
If it's a doujin derived from existing series does the original setting count or specifically the doujin version?
>>
>>49802812
>divinely-powered winged hussars
If you speak of Polish heavy cavalry, it's spelled "huzars", speciffically to differentiate from light Hungarian light cavalry.
My sperging aside, what setting?
WarFan huzars weren't divinely powered afair.
Also, don't you have National Guard there?
It should be enough to wipe the flor with horsemen, magical or not.
>>
>>49797979

A gate to Starbase 375 right before the Dominion War? We're the ones who are fucked. Starfleet will guard the gate to prevent cultural contamination, but if the Dominion discovers the gate, they'll just march a hundred Jem'Hadar through and with the help of Changeling infiltrators conquer the world in a few days.
>>
>>49806585
Let's say doujin version first.
>>
>>49806671
Damn.
>>
>Endless Space 2

Earth gets farmed by the Vodyani. Everyone but an exception few get turned into what the fuck the Vodyani turn people into. Dust? I don't know.
>>
>>49797979
>game: starsector
>setting: for house and dominion
We're fucked either way. Unless it was the faction alliance research that opened the door to our reality.
>>
>warhammer 40k
>rogue trader RPG
So, a Rogue Trader stumbles across a portal to Earth in the Koronus Sector. We then presumably start to trade with them.
>>
>VOTOMS
>in portland
now the fucking cyclists are gonna be driving around in ATs
great
>>49806523
>"Shalom, motherfucker."
>>
>>49797979
Post-apocalyptic low-level D&D setting where the dragons and liches all killed each other and there's almost no magic over 1st level and the few surviving towns are rare holdouts in giant monster-infested wildernesses.

We gonna reconstruct that shit SO HARD.
>>
>>49797979
>The last 'setting' I watched was a cutesy anime. Suddenly the world is flooded by people who have eyes the size of their palms, seemingly no nose, and create sparkles whenever they're excited. Roughly 70% of them are females under the age of thirty.
>>
>>49797979
Playing Total War: Warhammer, specifically greenskins campaign on hardest difficulty

This can go one of two ways, either the fact that ungrim just took black crag means that the dwarves receive aid to defeat the greenskins or the orcs get there first and 39,000 years later this event is identified as the birth of the orks and their adoption of our technology which they never progress past.
Honestly I like the latter.
>>
>>49797979
>Drifters
Guess we don't need the Drifters no more
>>
File: stalker tarkovsky.jpg (498KB, 1772x1688px) Image search: [Google]
stalker tarkovsky.jpg
498KB, 1772x1688px
>>49797979
Shit's gonna get real weird, real fast.
>>
I read Kevin Jenkins Universe. It's basically wat is already happens there - alliens discover modern humanity, realize we are monsters that aren't even slowed by their anti-infantry weapons, can take out entire armies with our bare fists, and are more inteligent and innovative to boot, with our engeneering rivaling theirs in effectiveness despite massive technological and scientific gap they have over us. Needless to say, galactic society collectively shat itself when Humans reverse-engeneered FTL from some assholes who came Raiding loaded to the teeth and get themselves rolled over by hockey team.
>>
>>49797979
>Kaptin Bluddflagg and his lads rampage through Miami
It's like a beautiful /tg/ fever dream.
>>
>>49797979
>SAO
Yippie.

Admittedly the implications of the future, even a poorly constructed future with advanced in some ways but backwards in some ways technology are settings worthy.
>>
>>49797979
So what happens if the last thing I watched was Gate and the closest major city is Tokyo?

Also nice GET.
>>
>>49797979
>played
Tales of Phantasia
Not so bad if I could get all the secret skills, magic, and summons.
>watched
Criminal minds.
Our world. I'm not a likely target for serial killers, so I'm good.
>read
Iron druid Chronicles, book 4
I'm surprisingly okay, so far. I'm a practicing wizard after all and I can defend myself
>>
>>49797979
>Portal to the world of Kono Suba

God help us.

>Axis cultists
>Giant toads
>Axis cultists
>Rookie killers
>Axis cultists
>Demon Lord armies

We'd be so fucked if we didn't have firearms.
>>
>last played Europa Universalis 4

The world just go a whole lot grimdark and retarded.

>Last thing watched was SW Rebels

I'm just going to join the Memetroopers corps of the great Sheev Empire
>>
>>49797979
>portal between Charleston and the comic book near future of Overwatch

I make it my lifes mission to touch all the ass
>>
>>49797979
Homebrew cyberpunk setting full of super-soldiers and the beginning of the cyberpunk corporate extraterritoriality thing, with a little VtM stirred in there.

My life would not be much different, considering that setting is close to reality.
>>
File: RefleX.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RefleX.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>RefleX

A war ensues. A terrible one.

It escalates from a mere rebellion to species genocide, and goes further than that, to the point that the war is no longer waged by living, sentient beings.
>>
>>49808208

Dude, any conventional anti-tank weapon can beat an AT.

What you should count on is getting a Battling ring established in your area.
>>
File: irl merchant.jpg (109KB, 588x647px) Image search: [Google]
irl merchant.jpg
109KB, 588x647px
>>49806523
They cannot stand before the greatest evil of all, central banking.
>>
>>49808425
Judging by 40k, what'd happen would be a portion of the Orks mutating into Mekboyz, and proceeding to loot modern technology to convert it into Orky Mek Gubbins.

Then before you know it we're fighting a full-blown 40k-tier Ork invasion.
>>
>>49809015
Your gate opens in their Tokyo opposite the first.
>>
File: 1450833049154.jpg (163KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450833049154.jpg
163KB, 1280x960px
>>49797979
Darkest Dungeon

I don't want to go to woods anymore
>>
>>49797979
I've always wondered what's happens when you add the concepts of health insurance and magical resurrection together.
>>
Last read was the second book in the First Law Trilogy by Joe Ambecrombe. I'd say depending on how fast we move, we either crush easily or we get Bayazed.
>>
>>49797979
>New York City
>all the gays are eaten by dragons
>>
>>49797979
The last thing I read was The Killer Koala by Kenneth Cook.
If this counts, then there's a portal between 'Straya and Belgium.
I, huh...
Well actually I don't think things would change too much, except for the multiple deadly species that'd spill throuh the portal, and we'd have even more trucks going through our country. We've got our fair share of weirdos and corrupt politicians already.

Alternatively, if you want a fantasy/sci-fi setting, I was reading The Difference Engine before losing the book.
People would probably come through the portal from dystopian London as soon as they learn we have healthcare and stuff, and UE would probably want to exploit the alt-earth ressources. I don't think their steam tanks and boats would be really efficient in defending against modern military. I guess they'd be more fucked than us, but it wouldn't do much good to my city.
>>
>>49809722
Get your homo-vore fetish outta here
>>
>>49797979
>My latest Stellaris playthrough

Neat, one more species to conquer in the name of the "Boortovox United clans"
>>
File: sticker,375x360.u2.png (113KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u2.png
113KB, 375x360px
>Fate/Zero

We're fucked, but its a good thing.
>>
>>49797979
>Overwatch
I guess we get some neat technology or something.
Maybe Reaper shows up to be the designated jobber villain for a while before flying off as a spoopy ghost.
>>
A gate to a homebrew fantasy analogue to the 1970s populated largely by elves and humans opens up outside Gothenburg

Would probably end pretty well all things considered. Or Sweden gets conquered by elves. I wouldn't mind in either case
>>
>Spellbinders
>Live near the bush where the portal in in show.
>Australia has a portal to Australia has a portal to Post Apocalyptic Australia that looks like the Belgium countryside.
>Ashka rules Dino-Australia with her electric-suited iron fist.
>China-Australia has a dimension-crossing boat.
>Immortal-Colonial Australia still being arseholes.

Everyone is fucked!
>>
>Gateway to Dark Ages Vampire outside Austin, Texas

Pretty sure ye olde Jyhad is fucked
>>
>>49809802
I'm not really sure what Reaper would even do here. There's not much to steal of importance to him or any omnics to fight.
He'd just sort be there, making spooky Halloween costumes muttering "Dye, dye, dye"
>>
I'm playing my final game of Civilsation 5 in prep for the new one coming out. So there's 5 Russian cannons on the border with Turkey, preparing to roll for Istanbul's anal circumference.

I'm not sure that's all that different.
>>
>>49804351
Why four arms?
>>
>>49806523
How's the tabletop scene in your area? Never met an Israeli nerd before.
>>
>>49806523
Were you paying any attention to the show?

The Ultra Elite Super Soldiers of the JSDF will wreck the shit out of the entire Israeli army with just a combat knife, and those were just random grunts!
>>
>>49797979
>Battletech
>It's a portal to roughly 1100 years in the future.
Depending on the exact time in the story line, either everyone is going to be fine, or our side is going to get turbo fucked by bionically enhanced jihadis, or genetically enhanced tribal wacko communists.
>>
>Dune
on the one hand, moisture leaves, and heat enters NYC until equilibrium is reached. On the other hand, FTL!
>>
>>49809722
>All the Dragons die of AIDS
>>
File: 1410427275268.png (157KB, 451x237px) Image search: [Google]
1410427275268.png
157KB, 451x237px
>Elder Scrolls
>Go to Morrowind
>die of blacklung or cliff racers within a few years
>>
File: 1475988198505.gif (1MB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
1475988198505.gif
1MB, 250x195px
>>49810778
>moisture leaves
>All the worms die

>having computers
>Spess Jihadis. Spess Jihadis Everywhere.

This is not bueno.
>>
>>49802759
>and we don't have anything that can hit orbit

Have you not heard of ASAT missiles somehow? Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>49804001
>Ravenloft

At least it's one-way.
>>
>>49797979
Portal between Seattle and South East Asia in the 1990s in the middle of cold war gone hot.
That should be... interesting.
>>
>>49804351

Hello fellow STL bro

If the portal opens in East STL your homebrew is fucked, though.
>>
>>49812276
Depends on the time too much: is it pre-Atreides, Leto's tyranny, or after that?
>>
File: vangers_1.jpg (189KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
vangers_1.jpg
189KB, 620x300px
>>49797979
Nice digits.
>Vangers
Lots of weird shit.
>>
>XCOM: Enemy Within
Both sides are extremely fucked. Aliens take over both planets and we all become slaves to our new alien overlords.
>>
File: jeannette.jpg (38KB, 530x258px) Image search: [Google]
jeannette.jpg
38KB, 530x258px
>>49797979
>WoD

Welp...

Guess I will stop heading out anywhere at night!
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY NUCLEAR.jpg (160KB, 1200x742px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY NUCLEAR.jpg
160KB, 1200x742px
>Portal between some shitty town and a zenophobic empire of space robots
I've made a huge mistake
>>
>>49797979
>Earth becomes connected to the Kingdom Hearts multiworld

pls let me get a keyblade pls let me get a keyblade...

In all seriousness though depending on at what point in the timeline we connect we're gonna get fucked by Heartless/Nobodies
>>
>>49814554
Now thats shit tier commandering, breh.
>God Eater 2

Nearly unkillable anime monsters eat most of everything, and your only change is anime pretty boys. Ill pass.
>>
>>49797979
>Lestania
We team up with the White Dragon Temple to kick some plant zombie asses. Then we rebuild the Mergodan civilisation and with the secrets of alchemy usher in a new golden age.

Or everyone gets killed by immortal murderhobos for some new pants.

>>49814754
Mate, this is a setting were you can get the super special magic weapon by making a joke about how everyone else already has a super special magic weapon.

But then everyone that doesn't like to spontaniously break into song will just misteriously disappear, so we're fucked anyway.
>>
>>49815006
God Eater is for people who like Monster Hunter but want something easier.
>>
>>49797979
Our world is fucked. Last setting i played in was a Superhero game set 500 years in the future.

Course, maybe i'll get lucky and get superpowers.
>>
>>49797979
>gate opens up to a hardmode Terraria world
Just trying to imagine how a doorway to a 2D space would look is making my heard hurt.
>>
File: th.jpg (7KB, 256x160px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7KB, 256x160px
Middle Earth meets Fort Bragg. Fuckin' sweet.
>>
>Overwatch

Aw yeah fuckers, time for some noblebright superhero adventures!
>>
>>49799181
>Sunless Sea
My close kin of African ethnicity
>>
>>49799181
>>49815533
>all this good taste

>Rimworld vs LA
I can't tell if this is boring or one of the most incredible discoveries in human history
>>
>>49808497
Cringe.
>>
>Corpse Party: Blood Covered: Repeated Fear

Great. Those ghosts are gonna kill us unless we send some paranormal investigators and normal investigators. Not to mention those earthquakes...

Also, nice numbers, OP.
>>
>>49815045
>want something less boring

Ftfy
>>
>Star Wars
>Old Republic Era
>Cold War
>Lincolnshire
Well, at least all the farmers get some quirky droid buddies. I, for one, welcome our new Sith Overlords.
>>
>>49797979
>Last game i played was Prison Architect

Hillary wins the election, i guess.
>>
>>49797979
>Portal to Earth Bet (worm) opens up in the South of England
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, well this should be fun. Probably end up like the Earth Aleph situation, but with more border control.

Hopefully we avoid the lovely situation inherent in a group like the S9, or an Endbringer deciding to pay a visit.

Though in that situation, I for one welcome our new feathered Overlord.

And then Scion kills us all
>>
>>49797979
>The Expanse, around Cibola Burn.
Humanity is subjected to a plague of tiny worm-like creatures. Even the merest brush against one of these creatures will lead to a nigh-instantaneous death. As well, from now on anyone who has a droplet of rain touch their eye will begin to go blind within a week. On the upside, the 200 or so people living on the other side of the gate have some interesting things to say about engineering.
>>
>>49815698
Not him, but he oversimplified it. Horribly. I won't say it's a work of art, but after the aliens realized the power difference they just used gene engineering and stealing out tactics with their tech to make things even. All the while humans aren't the ONLY big bad race. Just the first to not be killed off secretly during the stone age before discovered by the normal alien population. Last I checked humanity is basically at a stand still where through sheer luck and outside help they have avoided extinction.

But it's still HFY. So not amazing, but not horrible.
>>
>>49797979
Last thing I read was Roald Dahl's Danny: The Champion of the world

So my portal connects to an idyllic place in England.

Okay, last videogame was... Persona 4, so now we're connected to Japan.

Last watched, was Aria. So we're now connected to a copy of Venice on Mars in the far off future where people go and terraform planets for themed vacation worlds.
>>
>>49797979
Pokemon Heart Gold

I am never coming back.
>>
>>49797979
Idk, how would our world react to a bunch of emo warriors and more fire?

>Dark Souls 3
>>
Kerbal Space Program

Well... huh

Guess we get access to a hyper dense 1/10th scale solar system whose only inhabitants are a bunch of green midgets who speak backwards Spanish, ork tier tech, and a borderline suicidal disposition.
>>
>>49797979
>A portal to the Culture opens in the suburbs of Portland
>it takes years for either side's population to notice the small overlap
>really the human population of some GSV is just faintly aware of a clique of intentionally rustic easy living enthusiasts that's centered on some obscure dry dock with an uncreative name
>>
>Witcherverse is now joined at the hip to London

Fuck me this is hilarious. Time to culturally enrich some shitty feudal motherfuckers and take all their stuff under the pretense of liberating oppressed peoples.

The sun truly does never set on the Empire.
>>
>>49798199
>the Capital Wasteland to Houston

>I was six blocks past the portal when I realized I'd left the Wasteland.
>I immediately turned around. I don't need no carload of niggas jackin' my plasma rifle.

>>49811612
>Tamriel

I walk through, then perform the same series of simple actions until I am a fucking god beholden to none.
>>
>Final fantasy 14

Hmm seems like it'd be fun
>>
Modified A Certain Scientific Railgun.

We got nothing that can even touch the stronger Hybrids. Sure, Accelerator is still locked into the 15 minute deal, but that's just Number 1, and she can rape untold face before that limit's hit. There's still the other 6, each one able to individually take an army.

So for our sake, hopefully it goes peaceful. If we get really lucky, make some of us are viable for Cross-Genesis.
>>
>>49797979

Cataclysm DDA...

Moderate-to-high chance of being utterly fucked.

Basically (and not quite accurately), every single type of apocalypse bar the rapture happened all at once - zombies, special zombies (such as wall-busting zombie tanks), aliens and lovecraftian abominations (shoggoths, etc), robots run amok, extremely infectious fungus hiveminds, giant insects, triffids, nuclear war and so on.

Depending on how first contact goes, the zombie-blob-virus-thing could easily spread and then we're all in a bit of a pickle.

If not, then the prizes include easy human augmentation via cybernetics or zombie-blob derived mutagens, laser and plasma weapons, advanced robotics, and basic dimensional technology that is much more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>49797979

>Smile Pretty Cure in San Antonio

i legitimately have no idea what'd happen
>>
>>49819836

thinking on it, we'd just have a lot of weird monsters of the week types appearing
No idea how any governments or anything else would react to sueprhuman prepubscent girls fighting monsters in the streets
>>
>>49819110
>sudden surge in popularity of Iain Banks in Portland
>mfw I'll have liked it before it was cool
>mfw I'm the hipster
>>
>>49814371
I think due to proximity, the portal would always be the Arch. It is the Gateway to the West.

Last thing I played was Destiny, so St. Louis is still fuck, but infested by Fallen.
>>
Welcome to Night Vale outside of Paris

nothing changes at all. absolutely nothing at all.
there is only slight surge in amount of helicopters and clouds start glowing.Also radio becomes popular again.
>>
>>49797979
> Azeroth

Not sure if okay with this
>>
Portal from Sydney to Heaven.

Oh shit. We're just going to recreate the war from the Ricard Harland's Heaven and Earth trilogy.

Well, time to get ready for the end of the world.
>>
>>49797979
>Portal to granblue world
Most of the world is floating islands, so only aircrafts can get in
I can't see much reason as to why each side would wage war at first unless the evil empire decides it's a great idea to attack the coast of hueland with airships, so it would probably be more of an Outbreak Company deal.
But if the evil empire does decide to attack, there would be some struggle for who gets to the portal first since the city I live in has zero military bases and our country was never that big on war, and I assume the portal shows up just above the sea a few kilometers away from the beach, so a full scale attack from the portal would probably destroy the city, and the empire would have the upper hand until the biggest powers decide to collaborate.
Afterwards, drones and jets would enter the dimension, but they would probably get lost or die in the Grim Basin, skies full of storms and creatures, so they'd report back with not much to go on other than "everything in that place wants you dead".
But in the chance that they find somewhere to settle, earth might have a chance to still win, if they decide to take the diplomacy path and speak to the locals, and find their chance to win culturally over the GBFverse by taking on the evil empire and looking like saviors to the general populace. But to do so, they~d have to take on mythical beasts of all types, divinities from nord to greeks, Tiamat, Leviathan and maybe even a girl with middle schooler syndrome that can shoot lasers from her hands.
Given all that, I say that the situation looks pretty grim for Earth if no peace treaties are done from the get-go, unless they shoot every nuke there is inside the portal, but even then they might still survive.
>>
>>49815079
Terraria would finally have Apaches
>>
File: 1444273166671.jpg (278KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1444273166671.jpg
278KB, 1920x1200px
>>49797979
>Akame Ga Kill
>Chicago
>mfw
>>
>>49821169
TL;DR we would be able to fuck horned shortstacks
>>
>>49821252
>On the downside, we now have to deal with magic weapon bullshit
>On the upside, we now have a place to send all the gangs.
>>
>>49802759
>we don't have anything that can hit orbit
you haven't been to /k/ recently have you?
>>
File: [fear intensifies].gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
[fear intensifies].gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>49797979
>Gate to Azeroth
>IN WASHINGTON D.C.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>49822082
That sounds positively hilarious but is there any proof this was even considered?
>>
>>49809213
>>49809802
>>49815471

I dunno, Talon getting their hands on our world? How many of us would be Widowmaker knockoffs within a month, used against our own friends and families - or worse, turned into actual body doubles so nobody can catch her? So she can seem like she's everywhere?

Or worse, Junkrat and Roadhog?

Never mind the comapny Symmetra works for. Hardlight cities? Sound-wave mind control?

Oh, and the Second Omnic Crisis raging in Russia? Ring any bells?
>>
>>49810233
I was too busy cringing at the geopolitics to look at the action. And then I was too busy deleting this series when it turned from action to generic haremshit.
>>
File: 20160904_194304.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_194304.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>49809213
Also from Charleston. So a portal opens to Dark Souls universe. The levels of depression go completely unchanged.
>>
>Vegas to PSO2.

...but that's literally already happened in the game. Unless like that other anon that was a different Earth and everyone boards the Recursion Express.
>>
>>49822443
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plumbbob#Propulsion_of_steel_plate_cap

Ruskies got wind of it and decided to weaponize it in the great Russian tradition
>>
>>49822551
I know about that but not the russkie bit. Given the only source in English online is /tg/ I'll file it under 'plausible'.
>>
>>49822607
The Russians heard about it among other secret squirrel shit like fogbank and red herrings like red mercury
>>
>>49822443
Not anything from the Soviets that I've ever seen, but the idea of a weaponized/harnessed version of the Pascal-B test has been around for a while as a "thunder well".
>>
File: ThroneRevisited.jpg (439KB, 1800x528px) Image search: [Google]
ThroneRevisited.jpg
439KB, 1800x528px
>>49797979
I think canonically Earth is fucked if Throne finally opens the door and decides to conquer us.
>>
>neverwinter 2
>lovecraft's summer home in Florida

I feed locals to the black tentacles.
>>
>>49804132

>not cumming on Vodyani-chan's tits.

Heretic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yupbwsSfGsE
>>
Things get wild
>>
>>49813994

My bad. Don't have anything that could actually threaten the ships in orbit then.

Still, my bad.
>>
>>49822082
But how do you aim it?
>>
>>49822973
you build it under the target
alternatively: wait for the earths rotation to align the point of aim with the target
>>
>>49822973
Math.
>>
File: Bling Lords.gif (81KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Bling Lords.gif
81KB, 400x225px
I just finished my Broken Lords campaign in Endless Legend, and they pretty much jewed everything with loads'a'mone and already took care of their Dust vampire dependency, and even rocketed off of Auriga.

Sooo... All hail my new Broken Lord overlords!
>>
File: Arms Race.png (411KB, 610x389px) Image search: [Google]
Arms Race.png
411KB, 610x389px
>>49810135
>>
>>49823016
>you build it under the target
Then you get blasted by whatever you're trying to shoot that's in orbit.
>alternatively: wait for the earths rotation to align the point of aim with the target
But that assumes the ship stays stationary relative to Earth's revolution, and that you could build such a thing accurately in under a day, which would be difficult under ideal conditions.
>>
>>49823125
>Then you get blasted by whatever you're trying to shoot that's in orbit.
Dig a hole under a tent or something
>>
>>49799235
heh, that would be fun. we would be somewhere in between an agri world and a more industrial one, on imperial standards. china would get a new industry: human bodies for the levy. lol
>>
>>49822082

That sounds like a Casaba Howitzer, perhaps the coolest FUCK YOU weapon humanity has devised, but never made.
>>
>>49823202
No, a casaba howitzer is pretty much a shaped charge
This is more like a EFP
Difference between a APHE shell and a EFP
>>
>>49823202
>perhaps the coolest FUCK YOU weapon humanity has devised, but never made.
>not the flying unshielded nuclear reactor that shits nukes
>>
Warframe... We're completely and utterly fucked if anyone but the Tenno control their side of the gate...
>>
File: 1396574668604.gif (159KB, 333x226px) Image search: [Google]
1396574668604.gif
159KB, 333x226px
>>49797979
Are we counting video games in this? Because Reimu quickly closes the gateway before anyone really notices what happened.
I would try to get to the other side before that happened.
>>
>>49823250

Explain, so I can throw this shit in my EP games.
>>
>>49823376
Look up Project Pluto
>>
>>49823376
Project Pluto is a giant flying nuclear missile, powered by a nuclear reactor, that has a bomb bay full of nukes. The nuclear reactor is totally unshielded, so it shits fallout all over its flight path.

For more fun with nukes and space travel, look up Project Orion.
>>
File: Ling-Temco-Vought SLAM (Pluto).jpg (144KB, 1296x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ling-Temco-Vought SLAM (Pluto).jpg
144KB, 1296x720px
>>49823376
Project Pluto!
>>
>>49810145
An interesting case study. There's a focus on community you'd see in very few other countries, simply because Israel is so small that it's very feasible for a huge percentage of the "nerd community" to not only know each other from the same websites but to have met in real-life as well. Conventions are very social events and personalities are quite well-known. This has both good and bad sides, of course. It can be a lot of fun for everyone to know everyone else, but it can also lead to a great deal of personal drama that can sometimes drown out the hobby part of things ("Oh, it's that bitch again. She stole my spotlight the last three LARPs, better conspire with all of my friends to humiliate her in this one.")

Other notable differences between the Israeli nerd community and many others, especially roleplaying, is that it tends to be a lot younger (most Israeli roleplayers get into the hobby around the third or fourth grade - the college students are normally the ones who have just stuck to it. The one big exception is soldiers who got into it during their army service), and that a significant part of it is made up of women overlapping with the anime fandom community who got into roleplaying through PBP games and bring their own experiences into the scene: freeform games with little or no central plotlines and a focus on character interaction.

Aside from that, it's all pretty much the same as it's everywhere else. D&D is by far the most popular game, elitist shitheads sneer at it while touting their own favorite hipster storygame nobody's heard of, LARPers are seen as weirdos and everyone pirates their books.
>>
>>49823803
Oh flying crowbar, how I love thee.
>>
Last thing I watched was Ghost in the Shell.
Aside from timetables of cyborg tech being advanced half a century, not all that much changes.
>>
>>49797979
Jojos Bizarre Adventure: Let's hope nobody gets a universal breaking stand (I'm looking at you, Pucci).

Descent: it is a medieval world with magic but magic isn't stronger than meele or a bow and arrow. Poor things, we are gonna explote the fuck outta them.

Also, now we live with orks and elves.
>>
>>49799181
My brother, I too unleash the Neath
>>
>>49797979
Rokugan
>muh samurai
>muh honour
>muh baka gaijuns
>muh APCs vs cavalry
>if it isn't the people that would kill you, the animals will

WELCOME TO STRAYA, CUNTS
>>
GATE is shit.
>>
File: 1339082977112.jpg (24KB, 380x368px) Image search: [Google]
1339082977112.jpg
24KB, 380x368px
>>49797979
A portal to 1399 Europe opens in downtown Chicago
>>
>A portal to the Nasuverse opens in Prague
So basically a portal to our exact same world, except inhabited by Gilgamesh.
>>
>>49826987
Not the exact same. Everything is actually slightly 2 inches to the west in our world.
>>
>>49797979
Well, it's Düsseldorf (Germany) vs
>played: Gunpoint
not much changes?

>watched: Stargate
hoo boy

>read: Shadowrun storytime
HOO BOY
considering that Lowfyr is like one city over we are thoroughly fucked unless we manage to close that gate
>>
I'm going to call the ensuing clusterfuck something original, like 'DOOM II: Hell on Earth'.
>>
>portal to a planet a Tyranid hive fleet just invaded

WELP.
>>
File: Descartes. portrait just head.jpg (28KB, 444x392px) Image search: [Google]
Descartes. portrait just head.jpg
28KB, 444x392px
Portal to CoC-verse not the chtulu one opens up in the middle of Italy.
Fun.

GATE is still shit.
>>
>>49828503
Clash of Clans?
>>
>>49828503
The Canadian Olympic Committee?
>>
File: desc2.jpg (27KB, 338x185px) Image search: [Google]
desc2.jpg
27KB, 338x185px
>>49828546
>>49828557
>>
>>49797979
the last thing I played was league of legions
so I guess we get a cluster fuck of super visitors and a Challenger 2 joins the league
>>
File: ifyouknowwhatimean.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ifyouknowwhatimean.gif
922KB, 400x225px
>>49828503
CoC
so horse dongs for everybody
>>
>>49828597
Cartesian Objections to Causality? Like the deceiver theory?
>>
>>49828503
Contemplation of Cheerleaders?
>>
File: burn it all.png (329KB, 594x447px) Image search: [Google]
burn it all.png
329KB, 594x447px
>>49828630
>furries everywhere
>>
>>49828503
Coleslaw, Obviously Critical?
>>
>>49798044
If it's just the Gothamverse we're fine. Most Gotham villains have low-tier or no powers.

Entire DC universe we're fucked. We ain't got no way to survive Darkseid
>>
File: Mirror_emperor.jpg (23KB, 393x266px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror_emperor.jpg
23KB, 393x266px
>>49797979
Brighthammer 40k
Well, that is actually cool.
>>
>>49828597
Cervantes of Castile.
>>
>>49797979
I'm reading Tacitus on Tiberius, so ancient Rome would be connected with our world today.

Like GATE, but less fantasy and more killy.
>>
>>49797979
>read Time of Legends: Nagash the Sorcerer
>a hole to the civil war-torn Nehekhara in Belarus
at least someone will hear about bulbostan
I hope the first to get there won't be fucking Usurper
>>
>>49799235
I wonder if any scholars would notice the fact that our would and solar system has all the same parts and discriptors as Terra.
>>
File: AaAaAAaaAAAaAAAAAAaA.gif (16KB, 90x105px) Image search: [Google]
AaAaAAaaAAAaAAAAAAaA.gif
16KB, 90x105px
>The Thing appears in Norway
This is what we get for trying to shoot the dog-forme.
>>
>>49797979
>minecraft in the middle of eastern Iowa.

Whelp... I guess we have an undead problem now if the minecraft's 'rules' seep into our world. But also we have acess to a world that, for all intents and Purposes, is infinite. I'd be interested to see how we go about exploiting it's resources. Cause most minerals are super spread out, but if we can make a Nether portal we now have a ever-burning rock that we can mine ad-nausem. And Testificate/human relations could be interesting.

Now if I had decided to play Modded instead of vanilla things would be a little more interesting, as in my pack there are a ton more exploitable resources, but also a lot more wonky shit. Like more mobs, Crazier magic, More dimensions and larger structures hidden with in the world.

I could see some people fucking off into the wilderness of that world to make anew life, and then the government closing down access and working on exploitation.
>>
>>49807167
that might be the best outcome of most WH 40k interactions. Cause the RT might decide to keep Earth as his secret jewel, hidden away from records or notice. If nothing else he has the most pure genestock in the Imperium bar non. and as long as he keeps to his ship and doesn't commit land forces, there is literally nothing we can do against him.
>>
>>49830024
>but if we can make a Nether portal we now have a ever-burning rock that we can mine ad-nausem.

Well, that will solve a lot of our energy problems.
>>
File: cultists of the eternal end 1.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cultists of the eternal end 1.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
>>49797979
>Endless Legend
As soon as the nations of Auriga find out about the gateway, there's a mad fucking dash to get off of that rock.
The Cultists of the Eternal End will proselytize the masses, seeing as none of us are creatures of the Endless. The majority of first world nations - as they practice religious tolerance - will probably be subsumed into the Cult, and any exceedingly devout cultures or nations will be put to the sword. Depending on how they handle it, they'll either have a planet full of converts or the Queen will be a smoking crater if they go to war with a major country.
The Mogmawr immediately infest the oceans; it's not safe to go out to sea. Anyone in deep waters will either be mind controlled to serve as footsoldiers or die to leviathans; once all-out war starts, however, their cities on the coast will be destroyed and they'll be forced to live in the deeps.
The Broken Lords, once they find out there's no Dust on Earth, turn to dismay. They either stay on Auriga or start being vampires-ghost-things.
The Roving Clans are perfectly suited to a capitalist culture. Though they'll be disadvantaged at first due to being in their first foreign market, give them a good few decades and the Roving Clans will control the stock market with an iron grip.
The Necrophage will get planetside, go on a killing/feeding/breeding spree in a city, and then get nuked.
The Allayi will probably explore Earth a bit, but once they find that it has no Pearls they can use to better Auriga they will stay with their dying mother and attempt to reverse the planet's rapidly-deteriorating state. Maybe a splinter group will try to get people ecologically sensitive on Earth, telling us "the same could happen to you!"
>Cont
>>
>>49797979
> Civ V

Nothing changes.
>>
File: cultists of the eternal end city.jpg (296KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
cultists of the eternal end city.jpg
296KB, 1600x800px
>>49830436
The majority of the Wild-Walkers follow their king in establishing a new nation, continuing their sky-tower construction. Depending on where they end up and how diplomatic the King is feeling, this either means they go to somewhere no one cares about - like the Congo - or he gets deposed by an actual army and his people integrate into some native culture. Those who are too addicted to Wildwalking get cast out and go squat in forests, killing people who try to chop them down. Depending on which forests they squat in, they either end up fine or with bullets in their heads.
The Ardent Mages take their culture with them to the first world. There, they continue their creepy pain-magic and use Dust they brought with them to continue their research into becoming more like the Virtual Endless; computer sciences flourish.
The Vaulters go live underground in Antarctica and continue their mission of making it to the stars. Aerospace Engineering, Rocketry, Astronomy and all those nice fields flourish with their presence, and the public interest in space is reignited with their tales.
The Forgotten bleed into the background, getting comfy in the black market. Once they kidnap a hacker and learn about computers and stuff from him, they start dealing in information selling and spying. Intelligence Agencies struggle to keep up with a race of people who can literally turn invisible, silent, and intangible at will.
Finally, the Drakken immediately get interested in international politics. Within six to twelve decades Drakken elders will hold pretty much every position of power in international organizations; they'll work tirelessly towards world peace, with the rest of the Drakken race (From temple-bases they establish on large mountains in the world, such as the Himalayas and the Rockies) make up a majority of the UN peacekeeping forces.
>>
>>49830214
depends on how toxic netherrack is to us humans.

It's also interesting how it can be lit on fire and stay that way for ever, But it can't be used as fuel in a furnace. But it can be cooked/smelted into a denser brick. It has some interesting needs and dynamics.
>>
>>49797979
>A game of Thrones fanfic were Jon Snow found a bracelet that gave him "The Gamer" powers.

I will Get that bracelet at ALL COSTS! In the fic he doesn't know how to work it right, so I can still kill him and loot it off his corpse.
>>
>>49830680
What is the gamer power?
>>
>San Francisco opens up into Rokugan
I hope not!Japan is ready for a thorough gaijin fucking. Gunpowder literally makes their gods cry.
>>
>>49832829
You gain the powers of an MMO character.

Inventory space, levelling up, stat points, learning techniques/spells from books instantly, training skills stupidly fast, money/loot drops from kills, can party up with other people to give them similar benefits, instant communication and knowledge of location of party members, can cure curses/diseases as status effects, can see other people's stat windows to a point. Even horrible injuries are HP can can be recovered from relatively easily with no after effects. Same for exhaustion, which totally recovers after a short rest.
Plus you remain calm under pressure no matter what.

It's OP as fuck if you're willing to grind your skills.
>>
>>49832926
So basically almost as good as plot armor?
>>
illuminati take everyones pokemon
>>
File: Hammer_of_the_Emperor.jpg (86KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer_of_the_Emperor.jpg
86KB, 960x640px
>>49797979
>40k
This world now belongs to the IMPERIUM OF MAN!
>>
>>49822841
Same here.
On the one hand, we are screwed.
On the other, there are so many ways to become an Exalt (including the slim chance of dying and coming back) that there is the slightest chance I might come out the better for it.... Maybe.
>>
>>49797979
>Shadow Run

MAMA I'M COMIN HOME!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0siYUjV9UM
>>
>>49832981
If you know how to properly work it is unstoppable.
>>
File: fight-club-logo.png (249KB, 800x310px) Image search: [Google]
fight-club-logo.png
249KB, 800x310px
>>49797979
Tyler Durden arrives in Melbourne.

Good thing my house is 300 kilometres away. And on the coast too! I hear Micronesia's nice this time of year.
>>
>>49797979
We all get fucking eaten.
>>
File: Untitled.png (80KB, 470x655px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
80KB, 470x655px
>>49828630
>horse
>>
>>49828829
Yes we do, we have all the DC heroes now.
>>
>>49797979
Discworld. Life would be interesting I suppose
>>
>>49797979
I recently had a dream where the megacity I lived in was being besieged by giant cyborg monstrosities because I changed the timeline when I killed the crime boss that ruled the city with an iron fist. There were also six new skyscrapers, one of which was a covert base for a time syndicate. It was a very exciting dream and a portal that would open up to that world would have some very interesting effects, like giving us flying cars, time travel, and monsters hell bent on wiping out humanity.
>>
>>49797979
>D&D Homebrew vs real world
Well seeing as the game I made has a fuck ton of magic it might be a massacre for both sides. Then you have the like five possible world enders in my campaign. Shit would go south so fast.

Or

Its a cool place where tech and magic become one.
>>
File: 35915-teaser1.jpg (84KB, 1280x582px) Image search: [Google]
35915-teaser1.jpg
84KB, 1280x582px
>>49797979
i may become a full time madman.
worshiping the elder gods and getting some nice storys to tell. Kinda better then my life now (at the moment (hope its go better soon))
sunless seas gods also are kinda nice compare to god in the real world (if he is even real in the frist place).
>>
File: Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_cover.jpg (35KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_cover.jpg
35KB, 300x424px
>Hearts of Iron 4

Portal opens outside Podunk, Idaho to the center of Berlin circa 1936...

Either pic related, or WW2 never happens. Depends on if Germany blitzes through, steals a bunch of shit, runs home, and destroys the portal, or it stays open and 80 years of technology wins the war before it starts.
>>
>a small city in North Carolina is now connected to an alternate Japan that runs on hentai logic

Maybe the whole "have a wank before you visit /tg/" shibboleth isn't such good advice after all.
>>
OpenXCom BattleBunny LP and somewhere in central California
>>
>>49797979
I'm currently re-watching the end of Netflix Daredevil. So I guess our side is more fucked, since their side has higher tech and Supers.
>>
File: Cncts-win-cover.jpg (50KB, 256x294px) Image search: [Google]
Cncts-win-cover.jpg
50KB, 256x294px
This in Norfolk. OP artillery kills everyone.
>>
>>49842221
Yo as a fellow NC bro that would be great.

>>49797979
>Drifters
Well that will be super fucking interesting. Hey though big tit elves.
>>
>>49830436
>>49830617
I like it
>>
>>49841553
>using a screenshot of TiTS
>>
There is red lightning opening gates between all planes and the lords of many outsiders, evil and otherwise are streaming into the world of the material.

Some of them are intermixing while others are fucking shit up at their masters behest.

Witch hunts are taking part to kill the outsiders and some nations are accepting refugees. War over their fate is brewing.
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.