[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The FUCK. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-U S/Ironjawz-Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 11

File: ironjawz-orruk-ardboyz.jpg (759KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
ironjawz-orruk-ardboyz.jpg
759KB, 2000x1340px
The FUCK.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ironjawz-Orruk-Ardboys

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ironjawz-Orruk-Megaboss

15 models for 53 bucks.

as opposed to 40 bucks for a SINGLE model.

How does anyone defend this shit? it's bleedingly obvious that GW is basically just charging whatever they think people will pay, without regard to what it cost to actually produce the mini.
The warboss is "more important" and thus is "worth" more. because GW said so.

I know GW is extremely anti-consumer and short sighted, but jesus this is just blatant. how do fanboys still defend them?
>>
>>49786291
I don't defend shit. The only thing keeping me from actually being a modeler and not just an enthusiast is the fact that I can't justifying paying $20 for something the size of my thumb.
>>
File: 1437493469667.jpg (80KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1437493469667.jpg
80KB, 625x626px
>>49786291
>How does anyone defend this shit? it's bleedingly obvious that GW is basically just charging whatever they think people will pay, without regard to what it cost to actually produce the mini.
>The warboss is "more important" and thus is "worth" more. because GW said so.

Not understanding the basics of economics...
>>
Because it's their prerogative to charge whatever they want. If it's too much for you, don't buy it. Fucking poorfags whining about a luxury hobby. You want to save money, buy a bunch of greenstuff and sculpt your own models. Oh, they look like garbage? You want ones that look good? Then pay the company that pays the talent which can do shit you're incapable of.
>>
>>49786291
Gork n Mork, that color scheme really is fucking awful. I mean, the Bad Moonz have always somehow pulled it off, but the demo line of Orruks has really been fucking garish.
>>
>>49786376

"their buisness model is not trash, it's totally ok to price products at a range most people won't bother with"

it's logic like this why GW's business has been going in the toilet the last few years.

Sure, they can charge whatever they like. and I can piss on my carpets and take a shit on my desk.

Doesn't make it not a really bad idea.

And here we go with the "hurrr you're paying for quality" BS. I just proved with this that the quality and actual cost of production is not a significant part of the cost.

They charge so much because they know dipshits like you will make excuses for them and convince yourself it's somehow worth it, and it's ok to get ripped off because it's a "luxury hobby"

Clearly GW's business model is NOT correct or smart, because their stocks and sales have been a dumpster fire for years.
>>
>>49786291
people need troops, so they will buy more boxes
people usually only need 1 warboss

thats why they need to charge more for the warboss to get the investment back because it has a lower number of sales

and you are an idiot
>>
>>49786291
>character models cost more than individual models in a unit box

More news at 11.
>>
>Not interested in AoS at all
>decide to check out how much this shit costs in AUD
>$65 Megaboss
>$180 on a wyvern
>$55 Shaman
wew
no wonder I don't know anybody that plays anymore
>>
>>49786376
>warhammer
>a luxury hobby
And then you proceeded to call others poorfags, well done, you just fucked up.
Have some advice, sell your car and get a bike if you have a job, if not, jobs pay more then welfare you useless faggot.
>>
>>49786502

Which literally just proves my point further: GW's cost is not at all related to actual production, they could charge far less for models and still make a profit.

They're just greedy and short sighted, so would rather try to squeeze their (ever shrinking) loyal fanbase for more and more cash, while pricing newcomers out of the hobby.

Again, all you dipshits keep trying to defend a FAILING business model.

They are NOT bringing in lots of new people, they are NOT turning a huge profit despite massively inflated prices(because so few people actually can afford it).

You're the idiot for trying to defend a failing business strategy as if it was common sense.

it's not common sense. it's short sighted idiocy that is running the company into the dirt.
>>
>>49786811
Basically.

GW has just been continuing to double down on a failing business model, doing all they can to maximize short-term profits in exchange for long-term viability.

The entire point of Age of Sigmarines was to get new people into the hobby by wiping the slate clean and simplifying the game. this is irrelevant, because they are still charging an arm and a leg for every model.

it costs hundreds of dollars to build an army, not even counting paints and shit. newcomers take one look at the 50+ dollar pricetag of the average model, and just walk right the fuck away.
>>
>>49786811
It's somewhat odd that GW is marketing themselves as a hobbiest company over a gaming company, yet prices their products not by the effort used to make the actual model, but by how desirable they are on the tabletop.
>>
>>49786291
putting out old models by the dozens does not cost extra cash for designers or anything

new sculpts however have to make their money faster than the production cost.
especially single models, which people buy less of. since you do not need 8 captains for instance. the molding plate however still costs the very same as the box of old 15 man minatures.
>>
>>49786811
no you dont get it
if they dont charge that for the warboss they will lose money, period
>>
>>49787075
false, there are lots of useless shit rules wise that still cost a lot of money
>>
The thing is GW is now the sportscar of hobbyist companies. They are at the point where they have pushed themselves into that corner. No longer does little jimmy save up his pocket money for a battleforce, its all about big bob with his career and suit dropping a large sum of money and barely having time to play it. As long as gw is selling models and has that cool appearance then they dont care
>>
>>49787306

No, you don't get it: they are losing money just the same this way, because NOBODY IS FUCKING BUYING IT.

you can charge as much as you like, but you're still not going to make much of a profit if nobody fucking buys it.

Why do you think AAA videogames only cost 60 bucks, despite costing MILLIONS to make?

because they know that by keeping the prices somewhat reasonable, MUCH more of the market will actually be able to buy it

even if a company tried to charge 200 bucks a piece for their new games, they'd actually LOSE money because despite each sale being so much higher, the OVERALL amount of sales would be so much lower it'd not matter.
It doesn't matter how much GW charge for a model if hardly anyone buys it. their stock prices and profit reports confirm this.

Despite their constant price hikes and massively overcharging for basically everything they make, they are still losing money hand over fist and seeing waning profits.

This is because they are literally SHRINKING their market by charging such exorbitant prices for their shit.
>>
>>49787380

Except this model has been badly failing. the company has been running further and further into the ground each year.

It just doesn't work.
>>
>>49787461
prices are set taking into acount projected sales and market research
if they charge that is because they can, because thats the optimal price tag for that model to get enough sales to get a profit from it
you seem to think prices are decided rolling dice
>>
>>49787525

Bullshit. GW has said themselves that they don't do market research.

They have literally said, FROM THEIR OWN MOUTHS, they do not do market research.

This has been stated in shareholder meetings and profit reports.

So, everything you just said is moot. They do indeed just charge whatever they feel like.
>>
>>49787525

Uh, funny enough GW actually brags about the fact they don't do market research.

Maybe that's why their shit is all mega overpriced and the company's profits are in the toilet, huh?
>>
>>49787585
GW does have a new marketing office which indeed does market research.
it all started when kirby left
>>
>>49786884
how much should they charge?
>>
>>49787607

Which is why their pricing models have not changed at all from back when they did 0 research.
>>
>>49787585
whatever you say champ, the only fact here is neither I nor you are gw employees or economists or whatever, I am justa a bored anon and you a sad troll and whatever shit we say here is worth half a monkey dick.
>>
>>49787652

To tell you that I'd need to actually see their costs, which they will never, EVER make public, because if they did it'd show the consumers how badly they've been getting ripped off for the last like 15 years.
>>
>>49787461
who pays 60$ for a AAA game fuck those people i only buy from a GW stores because i want to keep them alive and use their tables and shit for free.
>>
>>49787666

Yea, because unlike GW employees I kinda understands some basic economics principles so my company isn't crashing into the ground at high speed.

I love how you call me a troll because I call out a company's shitty, anti-consumer practices.
>>
>>49787607
you must be living in a cave. start collecting boxes etc is just as it was years ago, right?
>>
>>49787480
so why are you telling us. you think any of us will just call them up and let them know?
>>
>>49787708
was ment for:
>>49787657
>>
>>49787676
have you ever ran a business?
>>
>>49787688

And you're just the sort of sucker they like. Loyalty at any cost, even when they are using you like a piggybank and happily ripping you off constantly.

GW rewards your loyalty with more price increases, more tiny pots of easily drying paint that costs 2X as much as the competitor's, and charging 50 bucks a piece for tiny bits of plastic.
>>
>>49787703
I Think he called you a troll because how deranged and angry you are at anonymous strangers.
>>
>>49787757
1 I don't buy paints from them.
2 I'm friends with the store owner and I like to spend my free time talking building and painting.
I don't buy a new model every time I go there and i don't make so few pennies that 50$ is a big deal every few months.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like them to be cheaper, but their prices don't really bother me considering how much I enjoy the hobby.
>>
>>49786329
>Not understanding the basics of economics...
You mean, like GW ?
>>
File: 1474539231651.png (77KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
1474539231651.png
77KB, 200x197px
>>49786376
>>
File: Armstrong campaign.gif (7KB, 273x537px) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong campaign.gif
7KB, 273x537px
>>49786376
It's people like you who are why they can pull off charging this much in the first place.

Yes, you ought to pay something for what it's worth. If I freelance comission an illustration, I will be requesting a fee determined by hours spent, the size/dimensions of a piece, the resources going into producing it, delivery, the use the client intends and what I need to make ends meet. I know the training and money spent on my part to acquire these talents. I won't make a full illustration for 15$. I deserve to be paid a wage befitting of my efforts.

Likewise, a 100$ boardgame sold in a FLGS is usually only bringing in about 7$ net worth income for the store itself. In actuality, it costs about 25$ to physically manufacture the game. The publisher sells it to the FLGS for 50$ to turn a profit. FLGS in turn retails at 100$, to make a profit, however modest. I get it. Price has to be adjusted for positive returns.

Perhaps it's true that they need to cost more because they're moving less of these figures, since on average an army collector is only going to purchase one for his force.

Having said that, you're full of shit thinking GW is basing these prices based on such fair. Remember Finecast? Supposedly would be cheaper and a better alternative to metal and more feasible than plastic? Cost more, was shitty. Magically produce plastic singles without trouble, but manage to be more expensive than metal OR finecast.

Or how about the Dire Avengers box? Used to contain 10, but suddenly with the codex update, the new DA set contains just five. For the same 35$.

If the prices were costly but seemed rooted in a fair process, there wouldn't be an issue. The problem is the company isn't being fair- they're being sleazy. The prices are based on what they can get away with, not what is a fair exchange. THAT is why OP is pissed, you arrogant, terrible man.
>>
>>49787708

You mean those boxes that just serve to prove even further how horribly overpriced their models have been for the last decade?

The skitarii's box has an onager and a tech priest dominus along with the troop of skitarii, for 85 bucks.

right now, they are still selling the individual Onager(66 bucks) and techpriest(36 bucks) seperate, for a combined cost of 102 dollars.

While it makes the box set SEEM like a good deal, all it really does is prove how MASSIVELY they are overcharging you normally.
>>
>>49786379
I like the Imperial fists in M3 armour
>>
>>49786884
Lets face it, dumbing down this franchise is retarded. I and im sure many others, got into this hobby, even at young ages, 14 here, because of the complexity and grimdark. For a quick to learn throw away game the prices are off putting to say the least. You could pick up some transformer figures and go pew pew with them if all kids want is simplicity. In short, I agree
>>
>>49787337
Seriously, GamesWorkshop do not consider themselves a gaming company. They make collectible figures. They base this off the fact they believe 80% of buyers are only in it for collecting and not playing. They also admit they do no market research. Figure that one out
>>
>>49787461
AAA games "Only" cost $60 since they decided that $50 wasn't making enough profit
>>
>>49788286

60 dollars for something that took millions to make is hardly unfair.

There is no way in fuck a single model, sculpting(on a computer), molding and producing, costs millions

yet somehow they tend to be as expensive or moreso.

oh, and you don't need to still assemble and paint the videogame, ie, it doesn't take any further labor or time on your part for it to be complete.

a GW model still needs hours of pain-staking processing and finishing before it looks like whats they advertise on the box, and you need to pay even more cash for the tools to do it.
>>
>been wanting to get into wargaming
>GW hiking up their prices as well as squatting or just entirely fucking removing the games or armies I wanted to play
>PP hiking up prices, MKIII is allegedly a shitshow, but has arguably cooler models than GW if only because of my giant mech and monster fetish
>Everything else just doesn't get played in my area

Fuck it. I'll even shell out for Kingdom Death at this rate, or even DnD minis. I just want models to paint that I can use.
>>
>>49788397
>oh, and you don't need to still assemble and paint the videogame

But that's part of what people like doing.
I wouldn't buy models if I couldn't paint and assemble them myself.

If you view painting and modelling as a chore rather than part of the fun then you're probably in the wrong hobby.
>>
>>49788397
Molds cost a LOT, as does quality plastic. Not to mention the cost of shipping to and from the UK
>>
>>49788397
>>oh, and you don't need to still assemble and paint the videogame, ie, it doesn't take any further labor or time on your part for it to be complete.

>>a GW model still needs hours of pain-staking processing and finishing before it looks like whats they advertise on the box, and you need to pay even more cash for the tools to do it.

Could it be, that you don´t get the hobby? Why do you want to buy models if you don´t want to paint and assemble them? Maybe you should stick with video games.
>>
>>49788397
you just value things differently.
why do you care if i'm ok with GW's prices

Stick to video games if they are such better value
>>
>>49788453
this
>>
>>49786291
shit my fuck
those would make some killer conversions
if you could still convert without being Michelangelo
>>
>>49786811
>GW's cost is not at all related to actual production
But it is. If they charged a low amount for hero models, then they would never pay off the cost of the mould.
>>
Even when they make the game affordable you NEETs complain...
>>
>>49786291
>GW is basically just charging whatever they think people will pay

Yeah, it's called price discrimination. A useful technique of the business savvy.
>>
>>49786291
This threat again...

The wargaming hobby consists of 4 aspects:
- assembling / modelling
- painting
- playing
- complaining about GW prices

Guess what´s your favorite aspect.
>>
File: 1338112943253.jpg (31KB, 121x158px) Image search: [Google]
1338112943253.jpg
31KB, 121x158px
>>49786376
>tfw you switched to 6mm historicals and moderns years ago
>the vehicle detail is better than GWs shit
lol fucking 28mmfags when will they learn
>>
>>49788618
Of course the detail is "Better" if it wasn't then you'd be playing with LITERAL lumps of plastic and metal instead of figurative ones
>>
>>49786291
> not just buying the older box on ebay for half price then getting a few bases on the cheap
GIT gud
>>
>>49788556
no matter what gw does, they will compain. There are sets for 100€ which contain 47 models and yet its still too expensive for those idiots.
>>
>>49787757
Well I got a decent job. I can afford this. So can a lot of other people apparently. So..... yeah. Janitor let's wrap 'er up
>>
>>49788574
If GW was business savvy their stock wouldn't be shit.
>>
>>49788397
Sculpting
Maunfacturing
Staff
Warehouses
Business Premises
Maintenance
Materials
> Anon thinks all this is free
>>
My 2cents on this.. I play warmachine and my Warcaster cost me $20 NZD including shipping Average price of a troop book is $65NZD for 11 ish models (faction depending, unit size depending)
Jacks and War Beasts are the biggest money sink. But the models cheaper. The draw back is that they are less dynamic in poses or conversions you can do. Having said that though i'm pretty proud of my repose of Kara Sloan.

I also play dropzone commander. Good fucking mini game! Tiny but rules are solid
>>
>>49786291
ITT:

"Games Workshop prices are insane and will kill them!"

"Wait, they haven't gone out of business?"

"IMPOSSIBRUUUUU, they should have died years ago when (Insert_Thing_I_Dont_Like) Happened!"

The sky is not falling, your drama is irrelevant, and you will never get cheaper models so get over it, cause GW don't give a fuck.
>>
>>49788463

molds cost somewhere in the arena of maybe 10,000 or so.

expensive for a normal person, not so much for a company, at least not when the average AAA game has a budget in the tens of millions yet still somehow is able to make a profit selling it for 60 bucks.
>>49788467

I get that it's fun and people enjoy it, but that should still be included in the price.

The model is unpainted, unassembled and basically in it's raw, out of mold form. there's nothing wrong with this, BUT THE PRICE SHOULD REFLECT THIS STATE.

>>49788475

It just bothers me that people are just ok with letting a company rip them off, while also killing the hobby by pricing out new people coming into it.

>>49788554

I'd need to see some proof of this. To this day we still have 0 idea of how much it costs them to make a mold. the way they can just suddenly change prices of many of their more expensive models indicate their profit margin is much higher then you're likely thinking.

>>49788574

"Business savvy". their business is in the toilet, and has been continuing to decline as they go deeper and deeper into this business model.

nice try.
>>49788704

"I don't care if I'm getting ripped off and massively overpaying, because I make enough money to cover it"

Boy, GW must love you. always nice to have a sucker with more money then brains willing to just pay whatever you tell them to.

yet, there doesn't seem to be enough people like you, because their business just gets worse each year/

maybe it's because they price new players out of the hobby, and even force many of the older vets out as well because they can't justify spending 500 bucks on toys. maybe they have kids or something, unlike your very advanced self.
>>
>>49789095

Actually, their stock is in the toilet and their profit margin is way down.

This business model is NOT working and the numbers prove it. maybe try actually reading up a little before you try and act smug.
>>
>>49787952
This is especially bullshit when FLGS's commonly sell GW products at a DISCOUNT.

If my FLGS is able to give me a 20% discount on all GW products and still turn a good profit, something is fucked up.
>>
>>49788415

I'm a convert from GE to Infinity and I have to say I like it a lot. My whole force was 80 bucks, and the minis are gorgeous. Just trying to say there are lots of options in the wargaming hobby.
>>
>>49789611
I might bite the bullet and choose infinity. I have to agree, the models look gorgeous but I enjoy fantasy much more than sci-fi. With that being said, I haven't looked into Infinity much.
>>
>>49789555
That just means that GW offers decent margins to stockists. Your stockist figured that lower margins were worth more sales.
>>
>>49789656

The best I could suggest is PanOceana Millitary Orders. Basically space knights in power armor. There's a catalogue where you can look at pretty pictures of all the models on Corvus Belli's website.
>>
>>49786291
>orcish space marines

Neat.
>>
>>49789189
>I'd need to see some proof of this. To this day we still have 0 idea of how much it costs them to make a mold. the way they can just suddenly change prices of many of their more expensive models indicate their profit margin is much higher then you're likely thinking.

Although not warhammer, LEGO casting moulds cost anywhere between $25000 for the simple ones, to $300,000 for the more complex ones.

Although they have to be used as much (one LEGO mould will be making way more bricks than a Citadel miniature mould), they do not have to be as detailed. GW moulds have to be able to maintain the level of detail, and once they start deteriorating, even if it's only just a little, they need to be replaced.

Industrial moulds are REALLY expensive.
>>
>>49789859

the pricing model still makes no sense.

if they were just trying to recoup the suposedly huge cost of production, how can they turn around and sell a 70 dollar model(the onager) in a set with a 36 dollar model and a set of other models for 85?

the only way that works without them taking a huge loss, is if they had massively inflated the price of the solo models to begin with.

even now when both of these models are being sold individually for those prices, they are still also being sold in this box set for far cheaper.

this is pretty strong proof that their pricing structure is not nearly as tight and tied to production costs as people think.
>>
>>49790024
Because it is a fucking bundle deal.

Literally every form of retail in the world sells bundles of stuff for cheaper than it would be to buy it all separately.
It is because they get more profit from a Start Collecting box, than they would from any of those boxes individually, and because they are in a box all together, it will encourage people to get them. Obviously they would get more selling them all separately, so in theory they "lose" money on the boxes bought by people who were going to buy everything in the box anyway, but that is more than made up for by the profits generated by customers who either would have bought only one or two things in the box, or not bought anything at all.
It also makes it easier for people to start the game - so it generates NEW customers, who will buy shit over time.

Business is more than "It costs £5 to make so we will sell it for £6"
>>
GW doesn't give a shit anymore guys. It's a dying hobby and they know it. They are banking their future on their intellectual property Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k. Eventually they'll stop producing models altogether.

I live near a gaming shop and it used to be every weekend packed with people playing all manner of fantasy board games. Now it's deserted and maybe you'll get a game going here and there. The simple fact is why spend huge amounts of money on models, paint, and equipment when you can download a game for 45 bucks?
>>
>>49791134

That is a load of shit. literally just 2 models out of that box are already worth(according to them) more then the rest of it combined. the onager and the priest bought separately would be over 100.

what you're trying to say is "if they sell it for less, more people will buy it so they will end up making more money"

which is logic they should be applying to EVERYTHING they make, and not just some bundle. they lower the price of this box to sell more, but keep the EXACT same models that make it up the same fucking price in their stores.

All it does is prove to their new consumers how hilarious overpriced the models are usually. you can also "generate NEW customers" by not making each individual model not cost 50 bucks if you don't have to.

All these boxes do is show us how inflated their prices usually are. it's not that they can't lower the price, it's just that till now, their buisness model has been "squeeze more money out of fewer people" rather then "try to squeeze less money but out of more people"

which is why these boxes only came out after that faggot Kirby left and new management and an actual marketing dept took over. they're trying to slowly alter their buisness model just a bit, BUT, they can't do it too fast.

if all their models suddenly dropped in price, it'd make them look bad because they'd then need to have to explain to the customer base why the fuck they've been charging so much all these years. so, instead, they bundle some things together thematically and pitch it as a bundle deal, which gives a nice excuse for why they can suddenly sell things for less then half the price.
the "get started" boxes are likely much more closely representative of ACTUAL reasonable pricing that is modeled after the cost of production, rather then GW's earlier pricing model, which was "whatever the fuck we want as we don't do research"
>>
>>49791404
>what you're trying to say is "if they sell it for less, more people will buy it so they will end up making more money"
>which is logic they should be applying to EVERYTHING they make, and not just some bundle. they lower the price of this box to sell more, but keep the EXACT same models that make it up the same fucking price in their stores.

If everything is cheaper, that become their new base price and nobody cares. If ONE deal is cheaper than everything else, it catches peoples attention.
Again, this is something literally all retailers do. SOME retailers make everything cheap, but there is a reason the richest retailers in the world are large supermarkets and not discount £1/$1 stores.
>>
>>49786811

GW cost is related to perception of product

They charge you fifty for five sternguard vets because they think you'll still buy them at that price because they're elites and you wont have many in your army

Their prices are based on the perceptions they create through the rules of their games
>>
Check out this video guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPpfs120DA

GW runs their business like an ultra Socialist regime disallowing any sort of competition or severely limiting it. The faggots over at GW are driving the business into the ground literally. This business owner is very brave posting a public video being critical of GW and their business practices. He could very easily end up black listed from ever making a purchase from them again.

GW needs to stop this shit and start selling unrestricted to the public wholesale and allow the store owner to set the price. Sure it would shrink their bottom line but it's much more of a sustainable business model in the long term. It seems as if the current executives over at GW need to all go back to economics 101.
>>
Well I like the universe and that's about it. I'll get into 40k tabletop when they add in sisters maybe.

Other than that I play Warmahordes (Like it's any better) and bolt action.
>>
>>49787759
>being right and getting angry at stupid people is bad now
Shut up idiot. That anon is right and no amount of GW fan tears can change it.
>>
>>49789208

+1

They once were trading at $12.51 (2014) and today it closed at $6.95. That's some pretty terrible stock performance right there. If I was a share holder I'd be flipping a shit right now.
>>
File: listen 'ere you grot.jpg (69KB, 680x612px) Image search: [Google]
listen 'ere you grot.jpg
69KB, 680x612px
>>49789818
no those are black orks just painted yellow
>>
>>49791736

The universe is awesome man. I love all the great lore floating around out there. GW just needs to get their heads out of their asses and change their business model to something that's sustainable. They can't stay on this course for another 2-3 years they will be out of business or just relying upon the intellectual property for revenue.
>>
>>49791944

So wouldn't that make them yellow orks?
>>
>>49791798

people keep making excuses for all of GW's shitty anti-consumer practices over the last 15 years, but always ignore the fact that the market is proving these complains right.

It IS shitty business, it IS short sighted and unsustainable, and it IS keeping new people out of the hobby, and thus severely limiting market growth and sustainability.

GW's massive downturn s basically equal to Warmahorde's upturn over the same period. likely because THAT'S WHERE ALL THE FUCKING NEW PEOPLE ARE GOING after GW scares them away with their massive, ridiculous prices.

also including all the warhammer vets that GW priced out over the years and forced them to go play something else wether they liked it or not. a lot of the people in the hobby are grown adults with families, they can't just drop hundreds of dollars on plastic toys every time they want to try a new army.
>>
>>49792232

The question is will they realize it soon enough? I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a share holder uprising by now to at least attempt a course correction before it's finally too late. I can actually see them at some point stopping making models altogether and just licensing their intellectual property to video game makers, book writers, etc.
>>
>>49791757
he was angry from the start at anons.
for what reason?

I don't go to subway and yell at the customers about how much i hate subways food
>>
>>49792814

"he's clearly angry at anons because he used some bad words"

The only people I was angry at is the folks who enable GW to keep shitting all over the hobby and scaring away new generations with their crappy practices.

It makes me angry when I see people defending practices that are literally strangling a huge part of the hobby and preventing it's growth.
>>
>>49789189
>It just bothers me that people are just ok with letting a company rip them off
I don't feel ripped off?
are you like those sjw that get offended on another persons behalf?
>while also killing the hobby by pricing out new people coming into it.
I came into the hobby when AoS came out and ive gotten three of my friends into it.

you bitch at the wrong people and give no solution.
Do you want me to stop buying?
because you can go fuck your self.
>>
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for."

Just accept it and let go of your hate. I just play infinity now.
>>
>>49792862
are you just venting?
or are you trying to get people to think the way you do?
because if its the later then you are doing a bad job.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uTEmxSCt40&list=PLVJFZia_Fz1-0IsMnbHWRB0lZEHU2rkqS&index=15

This guy right here is likely one of GW's best customers. on top of tons of normal models and the like, he even buys a lot of their super pricey shit like the Warlord Titan, the mastodon, etc

And even he sees that GW's pricing is insane and unreasonable. he keeps paying it just because he loves the hobby and just really wants to keep doing it.

He doesn't make absurd excuses about how it's ok and GW is justified, he's just stuck paying GW's silly prices if he wants to keep his hobby.

he's got the money to pay, but he's still not cucked enough to make excuses for GW ripping him off. he knows he's making a sacrifice and it's not really a fair price.

meanwhile you got people in here who likely don't even buy half as much as he does kissing GW's ass.
>>
>>49792929
that's pretty much what i've been saying this whole thread
>>
>>49792877

According to GW's reports, you're in a minority, because their stock prices are in the toilet and their profit margins are right behind them.

Say whatever you like, but the business model they've been using for the last 10 years is a failure.

>>49792927

I'm just trying to understand how people can delude themselves enough to be ok with GW's practices, despite the fact they are good for literally nobody.
>>
>>49791944

The correct term is orruk and those are ardboys.

Sorry bruh ol' warhammer is dead.
>>
>>49792962
>Say whatever you like, but the business model they've been using for the last 10 years is a failure.
you have said this 30 times but no one has said anything against it
we know they aren't making money.
do you want me to call GW CEO and let him know?
>>
>>49786379
its because its too clean for orks like with a nuln oil wash and some chips it would look better
shame because the ironjawz are amazing models too

>>49786291
two of those boxes will get you three units

and you only need one boss
>>
>>49792962
I'm just trying to understand how people can delude themselves enough to be ok with GW's practices, despite the fact they are good for literally nobody.

I like the hobby a lot and i wont stop buying from them
I have no love for their prices but I like my local store and I support him not because I love GW but because I love the hobby.

yelling at us is not going to make anyone change their mind GW isn't in this thread and you wont feel any better because this isn't a echo chamber.
>>
Again guys watch this video from a business owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPpfs120DA

He breaks it down pretty well why GW business practices suck.
>>
I miss WHFB.

Anyone else playing Dragon Rampant?
>>
>>49793004

Then why do you keep defending what they've been doing? do you not see the logical disconnect here?

You people are defending practices that hurt the company, the consumer and the hobby. I keep repeating it, because YOU KEEP DOING IT.
>>
>>49793004

I'm pretty sure the current CEO agrees, because he seems to be trying to undo all the damage that asshole has done in the last decade.

I think the guy's point is that he keeps seeing people defend GW, and doesn't really see why.
>>
>>49793057
>>49793104
I don't think people are defending GW
I think they are defending themselves and justifying buying GW products. no one is saying they love their prices. but I love the hobby and will buy the products.

also I said earlier I don't support GW themselves but more my local store because they provide me with more than plastic.
>>
>>49793057
if buying GW models is defending them then i guess so if they are already losing money they will either sing or get their shit together.
my 200 a year isn't gunna make or break them
>>
By continuing to buy from GW in any capacity you are giving them tacit approval of their business practices. You are basically saying "Hey it's cool man I know you over charge and your business practices suck but it's alright man here's some more of my money." The best way to get them to change is to vote with your wallets and try another game for a year or so.

Trust me after 2 or 3 quarters of plunging sales GW will either wake the hell up and adapt to the changing market or die. Given they are publicly traded they will most likely chose the former rather than the latter and decide to alter their behavior.
>>
>>49787709
You can try, they just won't give a single solitary shit.
>>
>>49791404
Yeah, I used to collect CSM with a side of Demons and other converted stuff, but then my dad and I looked at the pricing on some of GWs stuff (45 quid for three blood chargers? Seriously?)
>>
>>49792798
>The question is will they realize it soon enough?
The answer is probably no. there currently in the same position as Wil E Coyote (read: They're running on open air and haven't taken the time to stop and look down yet.)
>>
>>49793394

That is the story of a lot of people. it's not just keeping new people out, but it's also forcing a lot of the older players to give it up because they just can't justify the prices to themselves.

Especially not the folks who were around in the old days, who remembered getting a whole unit for the price as some of these single minis.
>>
File: 2016-10-15-010815_822x854_scrot.png (144KB, 822x854px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-15-010815_822x854_scrot.png
144KB, 822x854px
Through the basics of economics there will always be a black market for simple things that are overpriced. So please, cease your complaints OP. Better yet don't play Age of Sigmar, as that is the only reason you would have to care about this.
>>
File: The Queen's Return.jpe.jpg (1MB, 900x1337px) Image search: [Google]
The Queen's Return.jpe.jpg
1MB, 900x1337px
>>49789656
I was in the same boat as you and got into wargaming through Malifaux. Great game for necromancy shenanigans, and lots of cool new models are coming out.
>>
>>49793482

"stop complaining that a company is slowly strangling a large chunk of the hobby with their shitty practices, you can always just buy the same products off the black market"

literally retarded, you're also not gonna be buying any of it once GW runs themselves out of business and there is no more new shit.
>>
>>49791369
Pushing licencing has been one of their better decisions of late. Vidya is definitely the way to go for this franchise, they are already suffering from late to the party syndrome.
That being said it makes no sense that they are fucking up the TT and models. Especially the cancellation of WHFB, considering the current crop of licenced games (Total Warhammer, Vermintide and Mordheim) are probably their biggest sellers. Now they have no tie in products for the franchise.
>Nobodies kicking down the door to licence Age of Sigmarines: Now with more Warcraft.
>>
>>49793540
Then vote with your wallet. People in this thread have recommended other games.

>B-but GW is dying
Again, I don't see anything that actually proves that. They aren't as big as they once were, but fundies will keep giving them money for the foreseeable future. It's not like you can't use GW figures in other games as well, so there will always bee somewhat of a reason for buying that stuff. Hell, I got into WHFB because I could use some of my Confrontation figures as proxies.
>>
>>49787917
No you moron that's exactly how free market economics works. There is no right or wrong price for anything, it's based on a convergence of how willing a producer is to supply a good and how willing a consumer is to buy it. You take a stab at a price and analyze the results.
>>
>>49787952
Don't forget the bullshit that is guardsmen.
Remember when a single box of 20 used to cost 30 bucks. Then They changed it to 10 a box for 35.
>>
>>49793567

their stock price has literally been cut in half, and each annual earnings report is worse then the last.

that's about as close to "dying" as a company gets, short of the words "filing for bankruptcy" being uttered.
>>
>>49786291
You know I always wondered this...how were the AOS rules even able to get published if half the fanbase said "fuck that!"?
>>
File: To4G - Intro.png (777KB, 624x883px) Image search: [Google]
To4G - Intro.png
777KB, 624x883px
>>49786738

Not that anon but;
Its not so much as to call other people poorfags, but more of the basics lessons of life.
People of our generations are so consumed by the idea that everything is their right, when in fact its a privilege.
If you cant afford a Ferrari, you cant afford it, its that simple. Sure there are other brands out there, but that car is out of your reach with the budget you have.
Same applies to just about any hobby out there, its a luxurious product in that its not a necessity to life. Its an excess that stretches in to your "fun spending" part of the budget.

When I started, it was common knowledge and even taught by GW´s white dwarf, that you started small and in time your force grew mighty. You didn't, as todays youth think, go out and start with a 4k army, and an airbrush set.

And this is off course part of the problem why this hobby is dying. Because with everything else in todays society, we don't want to save to get something, if we want it we fucking want it now! Thats how today work. To start small and carefully build and collect, just isn't an option now days I fear.
>>
>>49794140
you're full of shit.

in the old days GW's models were FAR cheaper and you know it.you could get twice as much for the same price.

Again more of this ridiculous bullshit of trying to blame the consumer for refusing to let GW fuck their wallet in the ass, and then thank them for it.

it is not a "privilege" to buy a product. it is a business transaction.

GW's offerings have been unfair to the consumer for the last 15 years or so. they were bad transactions where one side was getting shafted.

Again, take your "it's our fault not GW's" shit out of here. The Hobby isn't dying, GW is dying.

Warmahordes has only GROWN in the time it's released. it's simply absorbing all the people who wanna get into the hobby but are kept out of GW;s games by their ridiculous prices.

GW!=the hobby. they were just the biggest player in it. that, however, is going to change if they don't pull their heads of out their asses, and soon.
>>
>>49786584
Can you aussies afford anything that's imported?
>>
>>49786291
Don't know who you think's defending it.

I stick to buying the overpriced models as recasts from the china man thank you very much. <w<
>>
>>49788554
It was only really related when they still used metal, which was a big reason they (And PP for that matter) purged metal from their product lines.
>>
>>49794384

yet despite using cheaper and cheaper materials and having more an d more of their own production, prices have only gone up.

Gee. strange, that.
>>
>>49793673
And people have claimed that for the last 15 years, yet their last releases have all been acclaimed and widely bought.
Add to that BoP hitting the shelves next week, the multiple boxed sexts that are fairly popular, the specialist games coming back, I wouldn't be surprised if this year was a good year for them.
>>
>>49794384
They are bringing old models back with the made to order system. With outrageous prices but that was a given since said models were OOP.
>>
>>49793885

Because GW never listens to their fanbase.
>>
>>49793673
I don't mean to shit on you, but I heard the same thing back in 2010 atleast more than once. 5 years later, GW is still doing pretty good for themselves.
>>
>>49794454

This is not a "claim", it's a fact. the reports are all out there. GW is a publicly traded company so has to publish these sorts of things, and it's stock price is right there for anyone to see.

You can throw out all the anecdotal evidence you want, but the actual numbers don't lie.

if this year is good for them, it's only because they finally started actually changing their failing practices and trying lots of new things. the past 15 years as just been a record of failure.
>>
>>49794546

No, they are not. their stock prices continued to drop and their annual reports continued to be disappointing at best.

"failing" does not mean "already dead". it means they are on a course for eventual failure because they are not growing properly and are stagnating/losing ground.

Just because they've continued to limp along doesn't somehow make them a success.
>>
File: 1461886118787.jpg (134KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1461886118787.jpg
134KB, 600x900px
>>49794227

I never mentioned a price. And while your at it, your full of shit.
Now I wont go over the basics of how money over time have changed, but it has already been stated on numerous threads that a box from about 15 years back, would cost you just about the same amount that it does today.
I can give you an example if you really insist.

The second part of your argument, that GW is fucking with your wallet, is also bullshit. Because no one is forcing you to buy the stuff you do. If you as a consumer don't think product A is worth its money, you simply don't buy it. I didn't buy a leather couch, because I thought it was to pricey for my wallet. Did I go ranting and raving on the internet about it? No, because I'm not a complete retard, and I know its my money and my option to purchase what I want.

The way your logic works is that you are a retarded kid that can not, by any means, take responsibility over any of your actions, and thats absurd!

>it is not a "privilege" to buy a product. it is a business transaction.

While it is a business transaction, just like any purchase, you do know what a budget is don't you? If you have a budget over your money, you know how much you can spend on excess, things that isn't a necessity to life, such as food and housing. Those things are, what ever they may be (chocolate bar, new car, a lawn mower, or being active in a hobby), a privilege. Its not your right to go out and buy a car just because you feel it should be. You may want it, just like I wanted that leather couch, but that still doesn't change the fact that its to much for your budget.

cont.
>>
>>49795331

>GW's offerings have been unfair to the consumer for the last 15 years or so.

Explain? How has a company that releases plastic models been unfair to you, tell me, where did the bad man touched you....
I mean come on, you must be trolling me here, because if this isn't bait from a retard, I don't know what is.

>Warmahordes has only GROWN in the time it's released.

OOOOhh, I get it, your not a retard, just a regular fanboy! Oh, yes, I play warmahordes as well. And you know what? They charge more for their new plastic, which has lower quality, than GW does. Checkmate fag. I to enjoy the best of our all favorite steam punk setting, but I have no illusions that they are also in it for the money.
>>
>>49794474
Not that bad. 10 Kasrkins are only 4 pounds more expensive than a squad of 5 Scions.
>>
File: but i'm not orky no more.jpg (9KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
but i'm not orky no more.jpg
9KB, 280x180px
>>49792194
>>So wouldn't that make them yellow orks?
>NO YOU GROT.
>DEZ YELLOW MOONZ.
>>49792965
>>The correct term is orruk and those are ardboys.
>>Sorry bruh ol' warhammer is dead.
>DEZ ORKS
>ORKS
>ZOG IT
>I'ZE DONE WIT DIS
>>
>>49786291
Nobody's gonna point out those are recolored black orcs?
They are literally the same models.
Nobody? Oh, ok
>>
>>49788415
Start collecting 1:72 historicals and get yourself 2 forces for £50. Enjoy life and hobby newcomer friends because you do not have to manipulate them to buy £400 gw army
>>
>>49795576
>nobody
See >>49791944 faggot
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.