[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40 RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 40

File: Catholic Space Nazis.jpg (8KB, 192x250px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Space Nazis.jpg
8KB, 192x250px
"Welcome to the Jungle" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.1.9) (Mechanicus for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dmylf4f40eslea9

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! Relax! Have Fun With It! (V1.7.15) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5lqt5r2wel6w25q

Has your party ever explored a Death World? If so, what challenges/nibbly beasties did they face?
>>
>>49768379
>Has your party ever explored a Death World? If so, what challenges/nibbly beasties did they face?
They made our Deathwatch team explore a planet called Dheregoth, basically as a hazing ritual. Volcanoes, acid monsoons, earthquakes, sudden sinkholes, acid seas, very angry silicon based life, landslides, toxic gas vents, did I mention that the water was acid? We spent three days there before our scout armor started to dissolve. We'd wondered why they'd refused to let us bring power armor or anything else valuable, and now we know.
>>
>>49768498

why is deathwatch so unfun compared to the other lines
>>
>>49768784
Because it starts you at a very high power level so there's little of the scraping by and danger of the other lines. Same reason I never liked exalted.
>>
>>49768784
>>49768838
>Deathwatch isn't dangerous
t. people who have never narrowly escaped being literally beaten to death by a horde of frenzied tau angry we killed their Ethereal.
The fun of deathwatch is in politics, creative and unusual combat scenarios, bickering within the team, and unusual mission parameters. People jerking off about high numbers and killing everything are missing the point.
>>
In DH2E, is it me that can't find any logic and balance or are fate points and emperor's blessing thresholds purely nonsensical and arbitrary?
>>
>>49769045
>>are fate points and emperor's blessing thresholds purely nonsensical and arbitrary?
>Implying the Emperor's favor is nonsensical or arbitrary
That's a blamming, heretic.
>>
>>49769057
I could imply that about Big E, but the devs are not strangers to that.
>>
>>49769080
Never, i meant to say "never imply that"
>>
My players are a bunch of noblebright imperialfags with a near-fascist obsession about 40k.

Should I run an only war game where all we do is go from door to door like the SS, executing people suspected of aiding a rebellion?
>>
>>49769239
Do an only war and send them straight in to the front lines to stop a nid invasion
>>
>>49769263
Being thrown against entrenched Tau positions in wave tactics, with a Commissar executing anyone who doesn't run at them with bayonets? And they all die in the end when an Ordo Xenos inquisitor orders them killed.
>>
>>49769300
Something like that, you could send them against daemons and chaos in which they should certainly die, and have the grey knights show up and save them from certain death if they somehow dont all die throughout, only to execute them all
>>
>>49769239
>>49769263
>>49769300
>>49769343
Why not just quit GMing for them if you hate them and want to drive them away?
>>
>>49769343
Or. "You hear a hissing sound in your dropship. And that is the last thing you hear as the gas shuts down your nervous systems. Your names and ranks are stripped from official documents and you are declared lost in a warp jump."
>>
>>49769403
Because they're smart and Intelligent players. I don't want to drive them away, I just want to emotionally punch them in the gut, but remain in character. Have fun OOC, playing something nasty IC.
>>
>>49769425
With noblebright players like yours, wouldn't it be better to, instead of gloriously martyring their characters FOR THA EMPRAH, just make them work within the most shitty, grimdark setting you can? Have a planetary governor make them go around shooting hive citizens because they're running low on corpse starch rations. Turns out all those citizens had a disease and the governor's a Nurgle cultist- oh wait, no he's not. He's just incompetent.
>>
>>49769688
Getting all the shit jobs and watching the Space Marines take the glory?

Fighting for hours against an ork Waaagh!!! when the warboss shows. But before the players can be heroes the Warboss is flattened by like ten Space Marine droppods who take all the glory.
>>
>>49769425
Tell us what you've ran for them and we'll have a better idea of what to do.
>>
>>49769717
Something like that, yeah. Unless the players would just start fawning over the space marines or something, that is.
>>
>>49769717
The space marines completely ignore you, quickly mowing down the warboss and whatever resistance you failed to take care of. Roll [some sort of knowledge skill].

You notice that their bolt pistols are far older than those in use by current legions. They are of a type known as a Combi-bolter, rather than a Storm Bolter.
If nothing is done in reaction to that:
As the last of the orks fall, the marines, almost as one, turn to you. You can't help but notice that their lower jaws and much of their chest cavities have been replaced by what appear to be massive speaker systems.
>>
File: 1473936680326.jpg (104KB, 736x834px) Image search: [Google]
1473936680326.jpg
104KB, 736x834px
>>49768881
You deffo need to use the Errata'd weapons, too, just to keep the number of dice rolled per attack a little more manageable.
But yeah, you're absolutely right. Personally, the best Deathwatch games I've run were entirely stealth missions. I once ran a game where one player was a Ravenguard going in solo, receiving support from another player who was manning an orbital listening post/weapons platform. It was very cool.
>>
>>49769978
Oh my... I have no idea what those are.
>>
>>49769978
Ha. Those players are going experience some interesting things.
>>
>>49770441

Slaanesh Noise marines
>>
>>49768379

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO LINK THE PREVIOUS THREAD YOU STUPID FUCKING TWAT YOU HAVE ONE JOB

>>49728325
>>
>>49769045

If you want arbitrary look no further than weapons and rarity
>>
File: Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg (190KB, 1004x493px) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg
190KB, 1004x493px
>>49770907
>>
>>49770947
I kind of already reworked most of the weapons... Guess i'll do the same with fate points and emperor's blessings.
>>
File: aXm7569xjU.jpg (74KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm7569xjU.jpg
74KB, 650x650px
What are your favorite Psyker powers, /40krpg/?

Which ones should be nerfed into the ground?

Which ones are just awful and need buffs?
>>
>>49768784
Because it requires the most investment into the setting to get.
Because most people don't actually understand SMs or what makes the Deathwatch so unusual in it's procedures.
Because the above people try to run the game and it's shitty for the above reasons.
>>
>>49769045
You mean divinations?
They are there to represent that one person is not equal to another in their destiny and what they have to offer to humanity from the most basic level.
It is built in randomness that assures that your character will be different from another, even if all other options are equal.
I do think that if there is a point where you have so much an issue with things being left to chance, anon, you should stop playing pnp games and take up board games instead.
>>
What to do with Siege or Arty regiments in Only War?
>>
>>49769425
You are being a dick, however, with your approach.
You want to injure them, not because it would make for a good game, or to promote investment, but because you want to use their interest as a weapon against them.
Honestly, if they know the setting as well as you say, I'd run DW for them.
>>
>>49771569
Siege: A siege. Have them assault a fortress or sit around one for months holding the line. There's not a whole lot for Siege regiments to do honestly but die and fight in horrible ww1 style attrition battles. It's kind of their job.

One interesting take I've found is to turn the siege into an Alesia scenario where the besiegers are in turn surrounded. Give the players a good picture of the battlefield and then decide if you want them to be regular grunts (in which case put them in a horrible attrition scenario where they get shoved back and forth between the lines fighting off enemies before and then behind without breaks) or have them be a little special and stick them in a Chimera to shuttle around between hotspots. For bonus points figure out a way for them to have to pick the spots and keep a tally, once the number of enemy breakthroughs reaches some total you decide have the lines break and throw them into the real shit.

For Artillery... I don't know honestly, have them do their job. Have them follow orders even when they find out that friendlies will be in the blast zone. Have them encounter the remnants of said friendlies later and see what happens. Arty is probably the most boring variety imo, although you could paste them into the Alesia scenario from the siege and have them have to pick whose desperate calls for fire support to answer and have that decide how long the siege holds. Then when things go to shit suddenly the Arty troops find themselves in close combat and a whole world of shit.
>>
>>49771569
>>49771671
Artillery regiments are how the players inform you that they'd rather play M.A.S.H. than Platoon. Arty regiments should be dealing with base politics, regimental shenanigans, and the occasional behind the lines raid on their FOB, in between occasionally actually doing their jobs as soldiers.
>>
>>49770316
Are the Errata weapons supposed to be blatant replacements of the core stuff? Or is it intended to be an option?
>>
>>49772344
Replacement. It turned out "Roll three dice and discard the lowest" combined with how Deathwatch RF worked, meant bolters were hilariously OP due to crit-fishing. You can replicate the issue somewhat with an Eviscerator in DH 2E.
>>
>>49772426
Cool. Thanks. I honestly like this new scheme a lot better. Makes the Astartes-pattern weapons feel like they fit in better with the rest of the weapons tables.

Also brings them in line with their Legion counterparts in BC, which is nice.
>>
>>49771725
>grimdark M.A.S.H.

What sort of regimental shenanigans, though?
>>
someone in the last thread was talking about doing a RT play by post game. Anon, are you still up to do it ?
>>
>>49772522

Lighthearted ones like
>engaging in dick-waving contests like seeing who can get the most shells out in the shortest time
>dealing with superior officers that dislike you for not being noble
>trying to pass inspections

Serious ones should include things like
>receiving calls for assistance from the frontlines due to a problem with the Vox units and having to endure the sound of your comrades dying
>trying to fight for the ammo and soldiers you need to hold off fast-attack troops like jump infantry, hoverbikes, etc.
>trying to escape or die firing valiantly when the front line crumbles and the enemies' forces are charging right for you
>>
File: 1475990009996.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
1475990009996.png
79KB, 457x472px
>>49769425
But if your players don't see the setting that way, then it's not going to be "have fun OOC." It's going to suck.

You're honestly being a jerk. There's nothing wrong with occasionally challenging their view of 40k as "noblebright imperialfags," but building an entire scenario or campaign around it just makes it sound like you really want to jerk them around for no other purpose than to tear down their image of something because it doesn't match yours.

At the risk of sounding like a complete and total fag, I prefer looking at 40k through a nobledark lens when I can. A lot of people are still people, they're still trying their best, and there are entire generations that live their lives on worlds that won't see a horrid invasion or a cult much larger than a few hundred people. Every fight is to protect those people as best you can, and who knows? Maybe one day the Imperium will actually start pushing back.

Am I wrong? Probably. Do I still occasionally like looking into really grimdark shit to give me a bit of contrast? Yeah, I actually have a copy of Dead Men Walking on my desk right now. I like it when I have to try and work through an occasional grimdark encounter because it keeps me rooted in how a lot of people see the setting but also lets me appreciate the contrasting virtue I do see in every Imperial, Eldar, or oldschool Tau victory against honest-to-God bad guys. It makes the setting feel more tangible and relatable to me when I see some genuine good in it.

Don't be a jerk, anon. Challenge them, yeah. But it sounds like you're trying to break them. That's not a good thing to do if you want them to have fun OOC.
>>
>>49772522
routine executions, grave digging on a continental scale, mass casualty triage, ignoring severely wounded but savable grunts for officers with only scratches, ignoring all the wounded because there is just not enough supplies, executing the wounded because they're just piling up and not fighting for the Emperor, digging trenches, blowing up your artillery pieces because you cant fall back with them, getting sent to a penal battalion because you didn't take care of your kit, that sort of thing.
>>
Going to run the adventure out of the back of Dark Heresy's 2nd edition book. If I am concerned that my players cannot surmount the final fight, what should I do for the next session?

If they survive but run away, I'd assume that they would need to rouse up some kind of force capable of stopping the enemy, or just call in Exterminatus. However, I planned on running the two follow-up adventures to this, located in the GM's Kit and Forgotten Gods. Should I not even attempt to use those, due to the fact that they all utilize Hive Desoleum as the location (which would be wiped out by an Exterminatus), or just ignore the threats located in the giant glass tunnels?

If they die, then assuredly the entire planet would need to be destroyed and then there goes my entire pre-made adventure path.
>>
>>49772871
>blowing up your artillery pieces because you can't fall back with them
This would actually be a good way to get them into a proper line regiment, if you wanted. Have it be one of those things where they're loafing about trying to find jobs because they don't have an artillery piece to work anymore, but since the line is falling back actual fighting units are grabbing spare guys, giving them the lasguns and flak armor bits from their dead buddies, and are throwing them at the bad guys.

It would be pretty disconcerting after spending a few sessions M.A.S.H.ing it up, but who knows? They might actually get into it. Or they might hate it and realize that they only need to stay alive long enough to try and get back to their artillery unit and try to get fresh guns.
>>
>>49772739
>A lot of people are still people, they're still trying their best, and there are entire generations that live their lives on worlds that won't see a horrid invasion or a cult much larger than a few hundred people. Every fight is to protect those people as best you can, and who knows? Maybe one day the Imperium will actually start pushing back.
It's funny, because that's close to how I view 40k, and while I get told it's a bit of a lighter take on things, I've never considered it 'nobledark', mostly because I view it as a grand tragedy of talented, passionate, intelligent people, with their own virtues, in a fucked up universe, acting in their own best self interest and with the best information they have, colliding off others doing the same thing, thus fucking everything up for everyone. And tragedy just isn't interesting if everything is fucked up to start with, so that necessitates shitholes to save and paradises to ruin.
>>
>>49772965
I suppose you could describe how I see it like that too, but I'd add that I view it as nobledark as opposed to a grand tragedy because I feel like the former implies that things can actually get better if the struggle is maintained. Classic tragedies always end shit and you as an audience know it; that's part of what makes the series of events tragic. While I kind of know that the odds of GW writing in a victory for the Imperium is shockingly low, that doesn't stop me from hoping that it can still happen.

Ultimately, I like your description, and definitely see instances of people doing their best with a lack of information and just not being able to make it while also clashing with other people who are also just trying their best. I just don't like the connotation that typically comes with "tragedy," regarding how we as an audience just know it will end bad because it's a tragedy so that's how it needs to happen.
>>
>>49773029
It's a grand tragedy, to me, because the 40k universe is fucked and everyone knows it. The Astronomicon will eventually go out. The 13th Black Crusade will descend. The Green Tide will rise. The Primarchs, loyal and traitor alike, will return to lead their sons in the final battles. Those battles will be glorious beyond words, but even Rogue Trader dynasties will be like wheat in a hurricane in them. All of that is inevitable. It may not happen in your lifetime or even that of your grandchildren. Eventually, though, it will happen. But you can prepare. You can help the Imperium stay strong for that final dark day. You can do your best to shield yourself and yours from the worst of it. You can turn back the clock, a little, with enough effort. And maybe the Imperium, or at least Humanity, will still be standing by the end of it. That's the grand tragedy of 40k, and why the players' actions still have meaning and some measure of hope to them.
>>
>>49773134
I'm gonna have to save that one. Good oratory anon.
>>
>>49772479
>Legion counterparts in BC
BC was made afterwards, and encompasses the errata of DW.
>>
>>49772913
>I'd assume that they would need to rouse up some kind of force capable of stopping the enemy, or just call in Exterminatus
You need a set amount of influence in order to pull an Exterminatus order, anon.
I'd say under 50 influence and you could not even BEGIN to try and swing that kind of dick around.
It is, however, far easier to rouse up local forces. Read in to hiring mercs, I've done it several times, a Underworld lore test, followed by some bartering. I once got a merc for each member of the party, and nothing feels as good as taking the 3 combat junkies in the warband, backed up by 5 hardened mercs and storming someone's shit.
>>
>>49772913
>>49773277
Also, what is the final encounter?
I can give a judgment on how it can go, what it would take.
>>
>>49772913
What in the hell makes you think they have the authority to blow up an entire planet? Over a meager boss battle, of all things? Jesus Christ, anon.
>>
>>49773029
>>49773134
>some people actually get it, and understand why 40k, as a setting, is compelling
>contrast that to the howler honkies screaming about their grimdark and the naysayers who don't understand it at all
As a GM for the rpgs, I actually want my players to succeed, even in the face of the odds. I don't want it to be difficult for it's own sake, but to represent how the odds are against them at every turn, but the dignity and strength of simple human courage can be enough to flourish even in the cold.
A suwa no hanna in words, if not in deed.
>>
>>49773376
planets in 40k have been blown up for dumber reasons
>>
>>49773413
Not by literal nobodies, anon.
A Marshal Proctor could likely call for such an order.
A full bird Inquisitor definitely could.
A Fabricator General Minimus could, barring some shit from his lord.
A group of Acolytes, not even Interrogators?
Hell no, unless they pulled off supreme bullshit.
>>
>>49773467
Even most fully fledged Inquisitors don't have the practical power to call in Exterminatus, that theoretically infinite authority on paper means jack shit when the Adeptus Mechanicus or other Inquisitors decides that they don't want to give your punk-ass the keys to an Exterminatus weapon.
>>
>>49773312
It's a two-way battle between an unbound Daemonhost which just manifested and is therefore still killable, and a Heretek that had ordered this daemonhost be delivered for studying due to the binding being made from xenos artifacts.

The Heretek's men will attack the party while the Heretek himself attempts to recontain the Daemonhost. I am worried that the party will not be able to fight off the Heretek's troops as well as kill the weakened Daemonhost or at least get the Heretek to retreat long enough for someone to do something crazy like collapsing the cave.

>>49773277
I understand, but given that the boss is what I just described, if it remains alive it will eventually doom the planet. It might just be easier to shift the adventure to a different locale, say Juno, for the remainder of the books if the party fails.

>>49773376
I understand that, but unbound daemonhosts running around are good cause to let your Inquisitor know that heavier firepower needs to be unleashed, which could escalate further if the acolytes fuck up earlier in the adventure. I hate throwing around Exterminati too, but now that I've thought about it more I could just reassign the Acolytes to a different mission while a more senior group fixes their mistakes (with subtlety and influence losses all around due to this.
>>
>>49771541
No, not talking about divination. I am asking what is the reason why, for example a feral worlder gets 2 fate points +1 if he rolls 3+, meanwhile an agri worlder gets +1 on 7+, meanwhile a voidborn gets 3, +1 on a 5+...

It doesn't look about balance or fluff... they just look arbitrary.

You sure made quite a jump by going from divination tables to "stop playing pnp"...
>>
>>49773523
Doom the planet? No, a single daemonhost that is in any way intelligent wouldn't be so spoiled to act quickly. It would likely go underground to enact a villainous plot over the course of years, and would include eliminating the warband so word of it's existence dies down.
As for advice, it really depends on the warband's tactics and whether they will know at that point they are in for a combat slog. Is cover plentiful? Will their equipment be available, including things like grenades? Battles usually resolve themselves in less than 2 minutes, assuming they go full bore, would the heretek be able to contain the daemonhost in less than 2 minutes?
As for the host itself, I would pre-roll the hereteks efforts, cutting down it's wounds and psy-rating for every so many successes.That way, you know exactly where everything stands, including if the daemonhost overwhelms the heretek and decides to murder everyone present.
>>
Traitor Guardsmen Black Crusade game, y/n?
>>
>>49773668
Sure. Shield of Humanity even has rules for the Traitor Guardsman drawback.
>>
>>49773668
Sure why not. Although if I remember right Only War actually has a Traitor background for a regiment, so if you don't want everyone to spiral into overpoweredness and mutate into horrible crazy things, that would be the way to do it.
>>
>>49773630
If you followed the line, it allows more FP for backgrounds that have an easier or more charmed life.
It's why nobles can have 4 fate points fairly easily, and Feral Worlders start with 2.
I think what was being said was that you shouldn't sit and stress over "Why does this thing work like this, it doesn't conform to a makebelieve standard I understand", and accept that is what it is.
There is honestly no great downsides to it, as every background can start with 3 FP easily enough.
>>
File: Hive City.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Hive City.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
>>49773665
Yeah, you are right. If the daemonhost escapes, my first thought is it will attempt to use the heretical death cult in the Underhive (which fits in with the 2nd book of the adventure, funnily enough). He'd use the cult to slowly work on tearing down the acolytes, abducting and killing off their previous contacts in an effort to get information or goad them out. The daemonhost doesn't care about the cult, and so long as it can escape undetected, the cult could be wiped clean for all it cared.
In regards to the binding, I think I'd type up a table of sorts. 3 minutes and the daemonhost is bound again to the Heretek's instructions, but every minute leading up to that the Daemonhost's Psy Rating (starts at three) and Daemonic (X) trait drops by 1 (starts at four) and it loses some of it's more potent Psychic Powers. That way the acolytes could kill off the troops, and fight off the Heretek in time to fight a daemonhost whose powers are nearly sealed off and is unable to effectively resist more than charging up and attempting to tear them limb from limb.
>>
>>49773776
>it allows more FP for backgrounds that have an easier or more charmed life.

I would accept that reasoning, but it's not the case, because a garden wolder (that should be right behind a higborn as far as charmed and easy life) gets 2, with a 60% chance of +1... it's on the low end of the spectrum...

>I think what was being said was that you shouldn't sit and stress over "Why does this thing work like this, it doesn't conform to a makebelieve standard I understand", and accept that is what it is.

I like to understand why something works a certain way because then it's easier to make more of that stuff, or to fix it when it doesn't work. Accepting something for what it is, without asking question is the opposite of good critical thinking.
>>
File: 1454001460348.jpg (59KB, 394x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454001460348.jpg
59KB, 394x480px
>>49768784
>mfw I made my marine players fucking leg it screaming from a horde of enemies
it is fun if you're daring and brave
>>
have you ever had a daemon lord in your party for Black Crusade?
What was it like?
>>
>feudal world assassin in DH2
>moving around at sanic speeds with agility bonus around 4-5 and dodging on 70 and below with step aside to go with it
>while wearing feudal plate

What are some funny builds you know?
>>
>>49773523
The core book suggests orbital bombardment if the acolytes have to do something drastic. Just blowing up the neighborhood.
>>
>>49774425
How is the design intention of Feudal World a funny build?
>>
>>49773873
If you ever find out the design intentions let me know too, almost every part of any of the 40k rpg systems sends me sprawling with confusion and a nonplussed expression. Nothing makes sense, nothing is consistent, nothing is sensible, nothing is coherent.
>>
>>49774425
A Daemon Worlder Mutant Mystic can have all the Malefic Daemonology powers with his first 1000xp.

Alternatively, a Sister of Battle can practice Malefic Daemonology after grabbing the Psyker Elite Advance and get Insanity from it to buff her faith-based powers, while remaining completely pure.
>>
>>49773873
>a garden wolder (that should be right behind a higborn as far as charmed and easy life) gets 2, with a 60% chance of +1... it's on the low end of the spectrum..
This is to balance out how they also are both not as important to the overarching Imperial machine (see how even npc nobility have FP) and to balance out their background bonus, which in the course of play, is fucking phenomenal.
>Accepting something for what it is, without asking question is the opposite of good critical thinking.
That doesn't mean that something is badwrongfun if YOU don't understand it. You aren't an FFG dev, and not everything need be transparent to you. If that is such a problem that you find yourself needing to "fix" a problem that functionally doesn't exist, that says more about your headcase, and it's issues, than anything else.
Or, you could write to FFG and ask them directly. It could be something as simple as a legacy print, because DH1e was similar in it's approach, but more hardfisted with FP.
>>
>>49774592
Just the thought of ninjas in full plate armour.
>>
>>49774710
>>49774611

FFG dropped the line. They don't give a shit. Understanding their design intentions is useless now. Even the TT-to-RPG conversion tables, while an admirable attempt, break down at certain power levels the game was just not meant to go. We might as well scry with oracle bones to understand some of the design choices of this system.
>>
>>49774653
>Psyker
>Pure
>>
>>49774592
>mfw the DM is shitposting about my character on a Dutch chocolatiering forum.
Hey, while I've got your attention, did we get XP for that last session?
>>
File: BAS1.jpg (18KB, 650x646px) Image search: [Google]
BAS1.jpg
18KB, 650x646px
Another anon was asking, but it really got me thinking. What would the stats of a Demiurg Bastion and Stronghold be?
>>
>>49774836
>0 Corruption
>Using my Psyker powers literally buffs my Sororitas purity and faith powers

It's RAW, man, using Malefic Daemonology makes the Sisters' holy powers more potent.
>>
>>49774611
If i ever find an answer, /tg/ will be the first i'll tell.
Since i am already working on making weapons more consistent, i will probably change fate points distribution too for the time being.

>>49774710
I think you read more hostility in my question than i meant to communicate... i never said anything about badwrongfun...
>>
>>49774900
>Being a psyker
>Being pure
>>
>>49775714

your fluff lore is a meme, the mechanics are all that matters
>>
>>49774876
very strong...mostly in armor. they are mining vessels so it would make sense they are double hulled or something to withstand asteroid impacts and stuff.
>>
File: Desertraidersmarine.jpg (67KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Desertraidersmarine.jpg
67KB, 400x500px
So once our Dark Heresy Game ends, I intend to take it up with Deathwatch.

Our Team will be:

> Desert Raiders Team leader
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Desert_Raiders_Chapter
> Blood Raven Pysker
> Raven Guard Assault Marine
> Angry Marine Assault Marine
> ?

They are the lone survivors of their watch station that was raided by chaos marines that their characters in Dark Heresy found...and destroyed via Imperial Navy with torpedoes. What should I do for their first missions?
>>
File: Demiurg Stronghold.jpg (21KB, 580x370px) Image search: [Google]
Demiurg Stronghold.jpg
21KB, 580x370px
>>49774876
>>49775920

The Demiurg vessels are bizarre, to say the least. They don't follow the normal rules that I put in the ship conversion tables, since they are monsterfuckers from both the sides and the front. In BFG, they are able to bring about a normal broadside attack on Port and Starbord, and yet have an even more powerful attack from the front. Their Cutting Beam, if fully charged, can function as a S8 lance, pretty much instagibbing a vessel from the front. Having automated drone systems, they are capable of anything and everything. They are quite worrisome. Consider these for use, I tossed these together real quick, so there's bound to be errors.

Demiurg USRs
Cannot employ the Come to New Heading Action
Ignore Celestial Hazards
Mercenaries: Auto-Disengages at 30 Hull, Suffer Command Test penalty of -10 per 10 Hull Damage taken
Cutting Beam: For every round spent within 1 VU of an Asteroid Field or hulked vessel, gain 1 Ion Charge. Can hold up to 8 Charges. Each charge can be spent to boost the Cutting Beam. For every charge, Strength of Cutting Beam increases by 1. Cutting Beam scores additional hit per DoS instead of 3 DoS.

Stronghold
Speed:4, 45* Turn
Detection: 15
Void Shields: 4
Armor: 22 front, 18 Port/Starboard/Aft
Maneuver: 0
Hull: 100
Turrets: 4

Dorsal: 2 (S3 Launch Bay, S6 Torps)
Prow: 4+1 (4 Macro + S1 Cutting Beam)
Port: 3 (2 Macro + Lance)
Starboard: 3 (2 Macro + Lance)

Bastion
Speed:4, 45* Turn
Detection: 15
Void Shields: 2
Armor: 22 front, 18 Port/Starboard/Aft
Maneuver: 5
Hull: 70
Turrets: 2

Dorsal: 1 (Launch Bay / Torpedo Hybrid, S2 launch Bay, S4 Torps)
Prow: 2+1 (2 Macro + S1 Cutting Beam)
Port: 2 (Macro + Lance)
Starboard: 2 (Macro + Lance)
>>
>>49776507
what about Demiurg stats?
>>
File: Shrug Life.jpg (50KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug Life.jpg
50KB, 550x400px
>>49776708

Without having an actual demiurg to dissect, it is impossible to speculate on such things.
>>
Ahoy.

Anyone got any art for female Ogryns, or at least something to approximate?

Can't seem to find anything that fits as well as I'd like.
>>
>>49776883
Aren't they basically just supposed to be Squats?
>>
>>49771449
Not technically a Psyker power but I do love the Acolyte of Abraxas's Corrupted Charge talent.
>>
>>49778056
Just look up female ogres
>>
File: 1466202948002.jpg (31KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1466202948002.jpg
31KB, 500x540px
>stating BC characters
>one player picks Psyker
>one player picks Champion
>Psyker spends all night whining about stats
>>
>>49778661
Tried that already, chummer; as I said, nothing quite came up that really fit.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
>>
File: 111.jpg (275KB, 1360x712px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
275KB, 1360x712px
Cheeky bastard. Gave me a chuckle
>>
>>49778797
I was surprised too. I think he slipped in a character from that Overlord anime in the first few pages of Enemy Without or Enemy Beyond.
>>
>>49775880
Just hope that you get a GM that lets that fly. Usually they'll stop something like that from happening, and if they're good it'll be in game (like other Sororitas members hunting you down).
>>
File: Goliath.jpg (50KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Goliath.jpg
50KB, 600x620px
I'm trying to stat the glorious Goliath Truck for DH2 and I would welcome some input.

Goliath Truck
>Wheeled
>22/18/16
>Crushing Speed: 70 Kph
>Tactical Speed: 15M
>Maneuverability: +10
>Size: Massive
>Carrying Capacity: 10 (Crew Compartment holds 3)
>Integrity: >20?
>Crew: Driver, Turret, Hull Weapon
>Vehicle Traits: Enclosed (Crew Compartment), Open-topped, Rugged, Wheeled vehicle
>>
>>49779276
Do you have any of the original stats to share?
>>
>>49779347
Original? If Goliath has/had rules, I would very much like to see them
>>
>>49779365
In that case, going off the image, I would recommend looking at the Repressor in Enemies Within and the copola turret rule it has for the hull weapons and for gun on top, it would be more akin to a pintle-mounted weapon. Maybe limited to front and side facings.
>>
The dark heresy 2E character sheet can be altered on the computer. Boxes checked and unchecked and such. Is there a thing like that for Black Crusade? I would love that to bits.
>>
File: 1476163746568.jpg (43KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476163746568.jpg
43KB, 720x600px
Hey,

My group wants me to start a Dark Heresy (2e) campaign. We're all veterans to the 40K universe but aren't experienced in the system. So I'd like to have a good pre-made adventure for my players.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>49779528
You can port over the 1st edition stuff with a bit of tweaking. I would recommend the "Purge the Unclean" series as it is fairly well-liked.
>>
Anybody have experience with legacy weapons? I'm considering making my Champion's good qual Legion Power Sword one and not sure if I wanna go through with it.
>>
>>49779712
I'd like to know too, one of my players is nagging me about giving her one. Seems like powergaming bullshit to me.
>>
>>49779712
It's bloody hard to do, but worth it.

>>49780057
Let her try, she'll need a good Infamy rating to do so. Never just "give" her one though. She has to fucking EARN it. It's powerful, but hard to maintain.

You can't just use a more appropriate weapon, in any give situation, you have a LEGACY weapon. It demands your use.
>>
>>49779712
Fucking do it, it's so worth it. Having your weapon become even more powerful as you do is awesome.
>>
About to start a new campaign of OW with a couple of friends, everyone is new to the system but ive read the books as they were coming out since i liked the idea of OW alot.
They decided on a Recon demolitions regiment and loaded up with all kinds of explosives of all sizes.

Any general pointers/suggestions/known failures of the system that i should be aware of?
>>
>>49778574
Pretty much. And Squats are roughly equivalent to the Lathesmasters of DH1's Lathe Worlds.
>>
>>49779712
They are fun. Legacy,Deamon Force weapon are the most broken shit this side of the vortex
They are so much fun though
>>
So, I decided to make a proper Skitarii regiment in Only War, since the example regiment from the Lathes was basically just a bunch of militant Tech Priests. Thoughts?

Lathes Skitarii Regiment XXVII

Homeworld: Forge World (4)
Commanding Officer: Bilious (2)
Regiment Type: Grenadiers (4)
Doctrines: Cyber-Enhanced (3), Augmentics (2)
Drawbacks: Iconoclasts (-3)

Characteristic Modifiers: +3 to any two of Intelligence, Perception, or Toughness, +3 Ballistic Skill, +3 Toughness, -3 Perception
Starting Skills: Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus), Common Lore (Tech), Linguistics (Low Gothic), Linguistics (Lingua Techna), Logic, Tech-Use
Starting Talents: Paranoia, Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus), Technical Knock or Weapons Tech, Bombardier
Isolated By Machines: -10 to Interaction Tests with those not from Forge World or Adeptus Mechanicus
Augmentics: +10 to Requisition tests to acquire bionic replacements or implants
In the Shadows of the Ecclesiarchy's Light: -10 penalty to all Interaction tests with members of the Ecclesiarchy, and vice versa.
Wounds: -1 starting Wounds
Regimental Favored Weapons: Sentinel Plasma Rifle, Integration Cannon
Starting Regimental Kit: Combat Shotgun w/ 4 clips of Hyper-Density Penetrator ammo (Main Weapon), 1 underbarrel grenade launcher upgrade w/ 3 frag or krak grenades, 1 frag grenade, 1 krak grenade, 1 uniform, 1 set poor weather gear, 1 knife, 1 suit of light carapace armor, 1 rucksack or sling bag, 1 set of basic tools, 1 mess kit and 1 water canteen, 1 blanket and 1 sleep bag, 1 rechargable lamp pack, 1 grooming kit, 1 set cognomen tags, 1 primer or instructional handbook, 1 deadspace earpiece, 1 filtration mouth-mask (equivalent to filtration plugs), 2 weeks combat sustenance rations, 2 grenade launchers w/ 3 magazines of frag or krak grenades per squad, 1 good-quality implant or bionic or 2 normal-quality implants or bionics
>>
>>49781505
Are you spending points per clip of that specialty ammo? Which line is it from?
>>
>>49781505

I like the ones in Mars Needs Women better. There's so much new stuff the Skitarii can do that counts as in core just can't cut it.
>>
>>49778574

They're supposed to be rock creatures with elements from Homeworld's Bentusi. They are Bentu'sin in Tau, to call back to Relic who did DoW and Homeworld. The only thing they share with squats and dwarves are mannerisms and mining personalities.
>>
>Deathwatch is boring they say, marines are too samey and aren't relatable
>Sororitas are boring, therecs no way we could play an all Sister Ordo Hereticus game
>Skitarii are all inhuman robots, what is there to rp?

Why are my players so god damn boring and unimaginative?
>>
>>49782179
Isn't Shas's stuff for advance players are hard to balance/implement?
>>
Can anyone point at / provide opinions on the quality of Rogue Trader published adventures?

I'm looking for some inspiration for my game.
>>
>>49782251
Their either autistic, lack drugs, or are autistic and lack drugs.
>>
>>49782267

For advanced players? Definitely. You want to have a good handle on how the system runs before you try his stuff.

Hard to balance? Beyond a few outliers, I think his stuff is roughly on part with regular equipment. If core has the Autocannon, he has Bio-corrosive rounds, for instance, and he's already said he's fixing those. The only thing I disagree with for his gear is basing rarity on power level rather than fluff rarity (volkite for example)
>>
File: Luger_tacticool_gunspictures.jpg (50KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
Luger_tacticool_gunspictures.jpg
50KB, 640x399px
When they have the chance to gear up, how tacticool do your players get?
>>
>>49780497

Lathemasters ARE squats. They're just FFG'S cheeky way of getting around GW'S Squat ban.
>>
Black Crusade game where players are Traitor Guardsmen or various flavors taking part of a siege of a hive world. They start out low as a squad or perhaps platoon command, and while the overarching story is trying to claim the hive, the group tries to accomplish their goals while achieving the mission.

Good idea or too low for heretics from BC? I know one of the bools involves the PCs basically sucking a world into the warp and all, so I dont know how grand things need to be.
>>
>>49784358
That sounds more like an OW game with BC trappings, honestly
>>
>>49782554
DH 1st had some heatseeking rounds IIRC. Getting those was the most effort I ever made to be tactical.
>>
File: Stryxis_Merchant_&_Rogue_Trader.jpg (123KB, 483x617px) Image search: [Google]
Stryxis_Merchant_&_Rogue_Trader.jpg
123KB, 483x617px
How would you make a 40k RPG for the following races and what would you call it?

>Tau
>Orks
>Tyranids
>>
>>49784555
Are those races supposed to cooperate? I wouldn't see how you make that work.
Also Tyranids would be boring, even DW is more interesting.
For orks and tau just adapt rogue trader.
>>
Has anyone (or that guy from the last thread) written up Dark Heresy 2nd Edition armoury?
>>
I just found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfbUq6vwa8
>>
>>49768784
>I've never boarded a space hulk: the post
>>
>>49784398
OW is good, but I feel kind of handles badasses badly. I want the players to feel like they lied, cheated, killed and worshipped to the top.
>>
>>49779478
Just bumping my question here. I dont want to run an online game with physical sheets.
>>
>>49784701
I mean one RPG for each. Of course they can't cooperate.

Also, I think Tyranids could work if you focused on Genestealer Cults.
>>
>>49784555
Well, you can already do Freebootaz pretty well in RT. For Boyz, I'd do something fun- take the Only War book, cross out "war," replace it with "WAAAGH," and orkify everything on the covers.
Nids would be harder. I'd probably call it something like "Doomtide," something that'd be catchy and have some sort of nautical-sounding element.
I have no idea what the Tau's would be called, because they're a LOADA BLUE GITZ, so Necrons instead. Call it "Silence Reigns." The party would be the leaders of a Necron dynasty, and it'd be like an especially colonial, highly occulty game of Rogue Trader.
>>
>>49771569
Arty is easy, make them scramble to avoid counterbat.
>>
sure this has been answered before, but can sisters of battle be married and have children? I'm new to the setting and haven't found a concrete yes or no, and was hoping my character could be a descendent of one from generations ago.
>>
File: 1474338397531.jpg (219KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1474338397531.jpg
219KB, 1024x1453px
>>49778797
Help me out here. Is this handholding joke?
>>49782554
In Deathwatch, I give them a requisition cap for the mission, and then let them go to town. I usually hand wave it as not just the availability of gear (knowing that these precious plasma guns might not make it back, given the nature of the Deathwatch), but also weight limits on their deployment vehicles, intel analysis suggesting some things over others, etc.
They usually really enjoy tricking out their bolters with custom grips and fancy magazines, and bringing along wacky extra explosives.
For DH, my players are Ascended so they can pretty much get their hands on whatever they want. I encourage them to travel stripped down though, for the sake of subtlety. Plus, they spend a lot of time traipsing around a hive city for hours.
>>49782272
The adventure in the back of the core book was a delight for me. I think it provided the right mix of freedom and motivation to get involved in the plot.
Adventure in the GM's kit was also pretty good, though it has some railroading which I *STRONGLY* caution against. Rogue Trader is one of the few games where the pcs can literally go wherever they want, so having a Navy captain in a giant ship show up and say "follow this plot or else!" leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.
>>
>>49784987
Up to the GM. IIRC, all we know is that some orders are not required to be celibate, and that's from Ciaphus Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
>>
>>49784987
Only if you write an excessive amount of overly-graphic, lewd fluff to explain it, and then share said fluff on /tg/ so we can ensure that it's quality.
>>
Hey guys, new GM here. Was creating a OW campaign for a few buddies of mine.

Whacha think?

Starts off with an atropathic message received by PCs planet to raise a regiment for an upcoming crusade. A crusade against the Tau, who have been driving to the galactic north in their Third Phase Expansion. PCs train a bit before being picked up by part of the crusade fleet. They train some more on the way and pick up more regiments from other planets.

Eventually they get new orders from crusade command that their mission has been changed. They and and a fraction of the crusade forces are split off to bring planets behind the front lines that have rebelled against the Imperium due to xenos influence or just being secessionist herectics. The planet their little fleet has been assigned to is called Freefall, a mining/hive world.

After a month or so in the Warp, they arrive in-system. Upon arriving, the fleet is ambushed. The PCs and others are eventually recruited to defend the ship against a boarding action of the transport's macro-batteries. Afterwards it is found out several of the smaller transports and escorts were destroyed and even a cruiser too. Casualties are fleshed out with naval ratings and the fleet prepares to invade Freefall. Oh, and the Stellar Mandrakes, a descendant chapter of the Salamanders make themselves known.

After orbital defenses are taken care of, the Mandrakes make a drop assault near the capital hive of the world to create a landing zone. Several smaller Imperial guard detachments go down to this beachhead, along with other locales around the world, and enlarge it. This is finally when the players reach planet side.

At this point, the campaign would generally follow what I write down here, with a few changes here and there depending on what regiment my players created/picked and what they've done.

The PCs would be guarding the perimeter of the beachhead, which quickly becoming the base of operations onplanet.

(1/?)
>>
>>49768379
>Catholic Space Nazis
That sounds like an 80s exploitation movie. It surprises me that the people on the cover are dudes and not a combination of Nun With a Gun and Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.
>>
>>49785746

Hasn't the third sphere expansion been stopped in its tracks after the admech set space on fire?
>>
What does an all Sororitas party do? Low power Death watch?
>>
>>49785746
Eventually, the heretical forces would move on the beachhead and try to push the invaders offplanet with armored forces. After the attack is repulsed the invasion force finally begins to head towards the main hive.

I would then have the PCs attack a couple FOBs/villages outside of the hive. I was planning on dropping some intel they could possibly find somewhere about another enemy attack. If they do, the attack is thwarted. If not, another regiment they are fighting with gets its shit kicked in and is effectively out of the fight.

Now I haven't gotten much far past this point. I was thinking about having the players attack a small mining town outside the main hive complex. Some street to street fight shit. After that I was gonna have the war settle into a siege of the hive for a few months or so. Have them do a few suicidal charges to take some trenches and stuff before assaulting the hive itself.

>>49785816
Naw that was after the Damocles Campaign which was about 300 years earlier. And besides that was on the western side of the empire, not the north and the Tau somehow found a way around it or something.
>>
>>49785876
>the Tau somehow found a way around it or something.
Protip: They probably went under or over it, because space is three dimensional.
>>
File: 1472357995986.jpg (200KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
1472357995986.jpg
200KB, 960x901px
>Deathwatch mission on a genestealer cult infested world
>find eldar weaponry and other signs of eldar presence on world
>make the big push against the main stronghold
>find the planetary governor - an obese madman who's infatuated with all things Eldar, forcing himself and his unwilling guards to don contraband Eldar armour (that he can't fit in properly)
>interrogate then execute the governor for heresy, give the guardsmen a second chance to redeem themselves in battle and death against the cult

Did we do it right? I thought the inquisitor would just have them tortured and executed anyway, at least this way they can redeem themselves and act as meat shields for us..
>>
>>49785939

Space was set on fire in all directions because of DAoT warpmagic don't gotta explain shit. there is no going around it.
>>
>>49771449
Pyromancy isnt as good as i want it to be in black crusade.
Bolt of change is (chaos bolt?) Is hella fun at high level. At the end of a year long black crusade. Sitting at psy9. 9d10 is pretty good
>>
>>49774425
Doesnt that plate cap agility for all intents at 25?
>>
>>49786583
Feudal world negates the cap entirely.
>>
>>49786583
>feudal world
It removes that cap, anon.
>>
My dm ended our last session by revealing our acolytes would be going against a steam gargant. Is there any way in hell we could even do this? Were are all like level 5 acolytes in DH1

Fuck you chris
>>
I have 12k XP in DH2 and accepting OW/HOE talents.

I am making a Sister of Battle who is also a Pskyer (but has no psychic powers, don't ask).

It's point buy.

My homeworld is Garden, my background Soritas (obviously) and my role Desperado.

We're playing as Rogue Traders (except using DH2) and I'm probably going to be on the ship to stop them getting too heretical.

The other players are:

Rogue Trader - Penal/RT Fleet/Desperado
Me - Garden/Sororitas/Desperado
Explorator - Forge/Mechanicus/Sage (I think)
Voidmistress - Forge (Pennelle)/Outcast/Ace
Missionary - ???/???/???

What's a good use of my XP? Especially any good stuff from OW?

I get two extremely rare and two very rare items to start with. Plus the gear I get from Sister of Battle.

I was thinking I should get an autocannon and spec into daemon killing, but beyond buying all the skills that cost only 100 to +0, I really don't know what to do.
>>
>>49786758
On the bright side, it's big enough that you don't need to bother aiming, and can probably fish for Righteous Fury with Lightning/Full Auto attacks.
>>
>>49787243
>I am making a Sister of Battle who is also a Pskyer (but has no psychic powers, don't ask).
Fuck you, I'm asking. Oh,and take Sororitas power armor and a Rosarius, enjoy your newfound invincibility.
>>
>>49785037
Have you looked at Lure of the Expanse at all?
>>
File: notsureaboutthis.png (145KB, 1914x763px) Image search: [Google]
notsureaboutthis.png
145KB, 1914x763px
>>49787464

Well basically the idea is she doesn't know she's a Psyker and will kill herself if she ever finds out but it explains a lot about her history (you know like random lucky stuff). Think omicron level. Plot wise I basically want her to slowly realise it and struggle with a dilemma of what to do.

I get Sororitas Power Armour from the Elite Advance, and I took an Icon of the Just (rating 55) as my forcefield.

I attached an image to show what I went with, but I'm really not sure about it.
>>
File: Confused Anime Girl.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Anime Girl.png
602KB, 963x720px
/tg/, we're preparing for a Rogue Trader game, and the GM and one of our players are having a row. Most of us have made normal humans, but the player wants to be a Slann lizardman. The GM isn't allowing it because he says it's not canon. The player says that it says somewhere that you could use Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen to sub in for Old Ones and their descendants, and therefore use the Old Slann careers, but he can't find where it says that. The GM won't allow it until he finds that passage. I never heard of such a thing, but we've only been playing 40k for about a year now.

Does anyone know what he's talking about? We might end up with a Slann in our party if he finds that passage.
>>
>>49788086
Never heard of it, I think your player is pulling everyone's leg. Also shame on that player for wanting to be a very unfitting alien race without first asking. However, the GM should be searching for it as well. If it's 3rd party (like Shas'o Rymr's books) then I'd understand, but I don't think that's the case as someone would have mentioned it by now.
>>
>>49788156

No, wait, I remember a passage like that too. I think it was mentioned with the Necrons, lemme check. I think there's a grain of truth here.
>>
>>49788086
Your player is talking shit. Even if any of that was canon, he still needs to justify the lizardman's presence aboard a Rogue Trader's vessel, and why an unfamiliar xenos non-native to the Calixis Sector isn't being shot on sight.
>>
File: lizardmen.png (64KB, 343x159px) Image search: [Google]
lizardmen.png
64KB, 343x159px
>>49788156

I checked Lexicanum. I found it. It comes from 3rd Edition Codex Necrons, page 61. It says that you can use WHF Lizardmen in 40k as devolved descendants of the Old Ones, though there will be issues with compatibility.

Come to think of it, that must be where Shas got the idea for his.

End result is there are Lizardmen in 40k only if you consider something from an older codex that was never explicitly retconned canon.
>>
>>49788251

Well fuck me, it does exist. Either way, I'm not saying anything. Let him find that passage himself.
>>
>>49785826
ERPG
>>
>>49788341
That passage is meant for the tabletop wargame, anyways. Hardly applicable here.
>>
>>49788192
This.
Also Slann/Old Ones are (near) extinct Alpha+ level psykers that haven't been seen in the galaxy for millions of years.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>49788156
Their is a third party slaan playable race.
>>
>>49785826
Anon, not every sororitas is a battle sister.
>>
>>49786758
That's actually a decent rank, depending on how you have gone about it.
Also, are you assuming you need to confront it on a battlefield, like a mook? Fuck, even Imperial Assassins try to stealth. Sneak in, line it with explosives, kaboom.
>>
>>49788683

The wargame and the RPG are not so separate, anon. What affects one does affect the other.
>>
>>49787243
>I'm probably going to be on the ship to stop them getting too heretical.
But you have a missionary, anon, so you are actually redundant.
In this case, you are going shooty, so add shit like command/charm to your repertories.
Stop being afraid of spending xp, EVERY character should have awareness, athletics, acrobatics, dodge, stealth, and tech use trained, period. Also medicae, because that is damn useful. You will also want shit like navigate/operate surface/aerospace
As part of an RT party, you will be exploring odd worlds, dealing with xeno species and humans outside the Emperor's Light. Combat is NOT the end all, be all, and building a dedicated combat character in RT is honestly an incredible waste. This isn't DH where you are a bunch of humans scraping by at times, so realize the challenges you face can't often be solved with bolt and chain.
>>
>>49788957
Not really. The RPGs try to keep up with the Tabletop games, but the tabletop doesn't incorporate much, if anything, of what the Tabletop series do.

If anything, it's entirely one-sided. But now that the RPGs will be going out of print for the foreseeable future, I don't think you should try to stick too close to the tabletop rules.
>>
>>49786126
Deathwatch can get away with pretty much anything and fallout is mostly political but you need to remember DW views itself as permanent body in the reach, it's duty more important that that of the crusade.

One of the premade adventures offers you the option to execute Ebongrave in his bunker if you feel like it, put a new guy in his place and walk off.
Or there was another story where a group of wolves didn't appreciate arrogance of a planetary governor, executed him on the spot and appointed some random floor sweeper who happened to be around a new one.

Deathwatch combines both the authority of the inquisiton and the sovereignty of the astartes.

You'd really have to go full word bearer in public to get rekt. That is not to say someone might quietly send ork snipers after you, so while exempt from imperial jurisdiction, non-formal consequences must be remembered about
>>
>>49789083

That would make the RPGs into a little stasis bubble, a time capsule that would never change. I think some of the advancements in the 40k tabletop are great, like the new genestealer cults or skitarii. we would never get those if the RPG players forever stay in their bubble. It's hard enough now that the line is dead, which has made everyone seemingly work purely off headcanon and feeling now.

And that's not quite right. There have been transfers from the RPG to the tabletop. The Calixis sector has shown up in the tabletop, by way of certain weapons and units like the Thanatar Calixis.
>>
>>49789443
It's also marked on the new galaxy maps
>>
>>49789443
Some things, however, don't need to be brought in. Like >>49788707 said, the Slann thing doesn't really work out all that well, and especially in this case, I'd reject it wholesale.
Genestealers and skitarri have been a running part of 40k for years, and isn't a snippet of fluff being used by a single player trying to snowflake up the game.
>>
>>49789541

I'll give you that, a slann is a relic of when 40k was humorous, and doesn't fit in well with the whole End Times thing they have going now, except in very specific circumstances (I as a GM have allowed one once before, actually). But the RPG should reflect things in general that happen on the tabletop. I know most people play in the "official" setting, where it's 200 years before the tabletop date, but certain things from the tabletop will still reflect anyway.

The only arguments I can really see is over retcons like Newcrons, Skitarii, and older fluff like Malal in newer editions.
>>
>>49789443
>That would make the RPGs into a little stasis bubble, a time capsule that would never change.

Not as unreasonable as you'd imply, seeing as the Calixis Sector is in bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>49789595
Newcrons isn't an issue, there is express license from Oldcrons to still be a thing.
Skitarii have only gotten more fluff, whereas before they were like GK, with literally nothing save some footnotes in BL books, and Malal, there is room for that, I think.
>>
>>49789706
That seems to be a common thread. Even custom sectors tend to be slotted into bumfuck nowhere. It's just easier to arrange plot when your sector is well away from canon regions.
>>
Has anyone ever played Skitarii in Only War? Was it fun, or just boring, samey bullshit?
>>
Hey, I have a question about Only War. There are no stats for an entrench in tool. Is that some kind of mistake or is it just a shovel?
>>
>>49789916
*entrenching
>>
>>49789916
Hammer of the Emperor.
>>
>>49789927
It's statted in a later book. It's a folding shovel that also functions as a 1d5+3 R, Pen 0, Unbalanced melee weapon..
>>
>>49789793
It is Operator-tier: the Mode: The Game.
You have excellent gear and peerless backup, but are considered more expendable then a fucking guardsmen in terms of material used to achievements/objectives.
Orders were absolute ad utterly inviolable; You went were told, and did what was told, without exception, or you got servitorized, period.
>>
Can someone give be a rundown on the different ship classes in Rogue Trader?
>>
>>49789975
Thanks. Do you know which page?
>>
>>49790029
Transport: Except for the Carrack these are almost helpless, do not choose unless your GM is ready to be mighty inventive and make haulign freight and people places interesting.

Raiders: Still pretty small-fry, but if you're from a fairly small noble house it's a very fitting ship.

Frigates: The best starting class for a party, especially Sword class. These are the most baseline ship you'll have, and I'd recommend most groups if you're playing for the first time to use one of these ships.

Light Cruiser: Still fairly reasonable for a party, beasically a step up from Frigates, not so much for combat potential, but just their size lets them have some more useful components.

Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Grand Cruiser: If you're letting your player have any of these be prepared to have enormous scale engagements and huge problems that need solving, like seriously, you'd better be very experienced in GMing 40K RPG's and have a very good understanding of politics of the sector the players are based out of, because with ships this size they are going to have to be members of very prominent noble families to justify having such powerful and venerable ships.
>>
>>49790029
>>49790217
To add to this: I use the Mathhammer rules and have a soft spot for the so-called "heavy raider"
>Take a raider with medium armor and a prow slot. The Shrike from BFK is a favorite due to sector politics, but any will do
>Add Extra and Excessive Void Armor, a lance, and macros
>Add augmented retros, gravity sails, and/or enhanced engines if possible
You end up with a reasonably fast and maneuverable ship with a decent chance of shrugging off macro fire, able to punch well above its weight, and still able to outrun most larger ships.
>>
>>49790316
Interesting. I'm guessing with all that is has room for pretty much nothing else though, huh?
>>
>>49790341
Depends on how much you work in high quality components, but vanilla, you have room for a barracks or cargo bay, maybe a cloak, and nothing else. A Good-Quality modified engine and a few Good quality components here and there will save you a fuckton of space.

Oh, that reminds me. If your GM lets you have a Modified Engine, and you can spare the extortionate SP cost, take that shit. 4 SP to save 5 Space is a ludicrously good trade.
>>
How do you folk treat political wheeling and dealing?
My group just got themselves into some serious political wrangling between the Admech, Ecclesiarchy, Arbites, and 3 different noble houses on the world we are on, all based out of a city that we managed to "liberate" from a mutant uprising.
Now, because the arbitrator name dropped and grossly overstepped his authority, we need to wheel and deal with all of the above in order to get the city back on track (and get ourselves out of this mess before our boss gets back to us).
What successes have you all had with dealing with Imperial institutions?
>>
>>49790528
Step 0 is finding out who in the local organization has real power and is willing to throw their weight around. Step 1 is figuring out what that person wants. Step 2 and beyond is getting it for them and using that to leverage protection and corruption benefiting you.
>>
>>49790565
>who in the local organization has real power
The Ecclesiarchy leader (who is dead).
The local noble leader (who is dead).
The local tech enclave leader (who gives no fucks, but I got dirt on him).
>>
>>49790528
>How do you folk treat political wheeling and dealing?
In short: there are ALWAYS consequences, and no good deed goes unpunished. But, that's just how I GM 40K RPGs in general.
>>
>>49790595
>The Ecclesiarchy leader (who is dead).
>The local noble leader (who is dead).
Who took power from them, or is scheming to?
>>
>>49790217
Thanks.

What's the mechanics difference between them? I could have sworn I saw something about Light Cruisers and above can't turn as much but I just can't find it in the book.
>>
>>49790617
>Who took power from them, or is scheming to?
A conspiracy we are in the process of rooting out that orchestrated the entire mutant uprising, assassinated the Abbot and the local noble lord, and may have stolen a blessed relic from the Abbot's corpse.
The sole remaining powers in the city comprises of:
The Admech Enclave in the city.
The warband's Arbitrator.
The warband's Sororitas.
The warband's noble (who is local to this world).
There are preparations to go full ham.
>>
>>49790627
Raiders and frigates can turn up to 90 degrees per combat turn without using a maneuver. Everyone else turns 45 degrees without a maneuver unless otherwise noted.
>>
>>49790649
Okay, personally, I would not go full ham, I would make buddies with the Mechanicus, consolidate a power base, eliminate rivals as conspirators and mutie sympathizers, and practice my somber "What I did, was done without choice, in the name of peace and sanity" speech for the inevitable inquest.
>>
>>49790661
What about weapon firing arcs? I swear I saw something about Cruisers having wider firing arcs for prow weapons.
>>
>>49790719
Cruisers and larger have a 180 degree arc on the prow, yes.
>>
Hey, newbie to Only War gming here. I came up with a Ordos Reductor regiment (or whatever they got) that is based off the siege infantry regiment to use in a campaign I'm gonna do. What do you guys think of this?

Homeworld- Lathe Worlds 4 Points
+3 INT & BS
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech), Linguistics (Low Gothic, Techna-Lingua), Logic, Tech-Use (Trained)
The True Flesh
Isolated by Machines
Soldiers of the Omnissiah
Normal Wounds

Commander- Phlegmatic 1 Points
Common Lore (Imperial Guard, War)

or

Fixed 1 Point
Command

Regiment- Siege Infantry 2 Points
+3 T, -3 INT
Tech-Use
Nerves of Steel
Lasgun w/ 6 clips, Flak armor, Respirator, Four sandbags, Entrenching Tool, Two Frag & Photon Grenades

Training Doctrine- Sappers 3 Points
+2 INT
Security, Tech-Use, Trade (Technomat)
Technical Knock
Lascutter
+10 to Tech-Use & Trade (technomat) to construct and destruct structures

Special Equipment Doctrine- Servitor Accompaniment 2 Points

Favored Weapons- Flamers & Mortars

I'm gonna have these guys sitting outside a hive pounding it to dust. I imagine them with plentiful, disposable infantry backed up with armor and even more artillery, and of course some elite assault troops to exploit breakthroughs.
>>
File: 1409978381070.jpg (75KB, 456x487px) Image search: [Google]
1409978381070.jpg
75KB, 456x487px
>>49791096
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated
>>
File: 1474121268136.jpg (228KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1474121268136.jpg
228KB, 2048x1152px
>>49789785
>Express license for Oldcrons
I hear this a lot, but I most of the newcron fluff i read seems to contradict that. Could you point me to where it's stated?
>>49785826
You can get a good party going with non-militant orders involved.
Hospitaller keeps people patched up and backs the battle sister up in a fight. She's good at talking to commoners, who see her as hero.
Dialogus does the nerd thing, and is an expert on any alien problems you run into.
Famulous is the face, and uses her knowledge of the noble houses to manipulate things to the party's end.
Battle Sister WRECKS SHIT.
They can either be Inquisitorial or assembled for a special task by the ecclesiarchy, probably to investigate something that directly concerns or threatens the church. You can explore all the weird factions and philosophies of the Ecclesiarchy, deal with Redemptionists stirring sit up, verify the status of a living saint and so on.
>>
>>49781864
>Are you spending points per clip of that specialty ammo?

No, just to replace all their ammo with that ammo. 10 points to replace lascarbines with combat shotguns, 15 points for the ammo, 5 points for their filtration masks.

>Which line is it from?

Dark Heresy 1e, Inquisitor's Handbook.
>>
>>49791190
It's the bit in the codex where it talks about how things can go wrong as a Necron tomb world is sleeping, and how some of their tomb worlds have been taken over by the caretaker AIs.
>>
How to build an investigation heavy Dark Heresy Adventure?
>>
>>49791632
They don't need respirators as they already have them from the mechanicus implant trait.

If you're really spending 25 points for your shotguns and 1 clip of special ammo, just spend 25 for good quality lathe-lasrifles instead.
>>
>>49791190
I was thinking they'd be a squad under an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor tasked with missions that require absolute purity of mind and faith. Witch Hunting, investigating a bishop accused of heresy and abusing his position in the church, and mutant purging.
>>
Newbie player joining in on my first DW campaign. Got my character all rolled up but I have his shit physically written down, y'know pen and paper and stuff.

Problem is we won't be sitting around a table in each other's presences, so I need a digital, fillable .pdf of the character sheets that isn't shit. Everything I've encountered has one of the three traits

>isn't fillable digitally unless you have the know how and tools to do all that yourself
>doesn't include squad mode
>is inaccurate- missing fields or pre-filled incorrectly, otherwise unusable

If that's not possible, at least point me in the direction of a decent free .pdf editor so I can sew one together from other bits... would rather not fork out cash for something I only need to use once. There are hookers for that purpose.
>>
>>49792018
Personally, I just craft a sheet with adoc on Google Drive for online games.
>>
>>49792121
*a doc
>>
>>49791096

It's not Ordo Reductor without Thallax. Will you have those? Or are you just making guard units seconded to the Ordo Reductor?
>>
File: 1476144770660.jpg (24KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1476144770660.jpg
24KB, 310x310px
>>49792184
Oh shit, I forgot about those guys. And I'm gonna have them be their own regiment, I guess. I'm calling them the Myrodonian Destructauruses, a detachment of the Ordo Reductor of a local Forge world. I think I'll have them be to elite shock troops of the detachment. I'll have to look through the books to see what I want to give them. And crap, there's no power armor in OW so I gotta cross games.

Since I'm a newb, do the the different wh40k rpgs meld well with each other?
>>
>>49792344

They all meld with each other pretty well. However, with the rules changes (like full auto changes, etc), some weapons may be hilariously OP when transported over.

I would have suggested Mars Needs Women in the OP, since it has Thallax, Myrmidon Destructors, Ordo Reductor, Mechanicus, etc, everything you could need, but it might be overwhelming for a new player. For now, just counts-as tech-guard with a basilisk should suit an "Ordo Reductor" game.
>>
Hi, I'm going to host a Dark Heresy II campaing with a 9-man party, any tips on how to make such a large inquisitorial cell lore-friendly?
>>
File: 1476392511689.jpg (11KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1476392511689.jpg
11KB, 250x245px
>>49792396
Dammit, I knew I had gotten the name of my Ordo Reductor guys from somewhere but I didn't think it was from some other branch of the Mechanicus. Now I gotta name change them.

Just downloaded that pdf and checking it out now. Seems real intersting but I think I'll keep it simple for now. I think I'll just save them for now and replace them with a regular siege regiment and use the Ordo in a later campaign or battle, when I am more experienced with the system.
>>
>>49792494
>9-man party
Emperor help you.
>>
>>49792513
Was just about to say the same thing
>>
>>49792396
I just love the idea of a Mechanicus regiment geared towards sieges. It's amazing.
>>
File: Thallax Can't Wake Up.png (230KB, 540x295px) Image search: [Google]
Thallax Can't Wake Up.png
230KB, 540x295px
>>49792510

The Mechanicum is split into different branches, each specializing in different things. You have:

-Ordo Reductor War Covenants, nomadic murderhobos paid to blow things up. Known for the Thallax.
-Myrmidon Cults, who turn their bodies into weapons platforms. Known for the Myrmidon Destructors and Secutors.
-Legio Skitarius, the "regular" troopers. This is where the Rangers, Vanguards, and Sicarians are.
-Legio Secutarius, the Titan Guard, where the Hoplites and Peltasts are.
-Legio Cybernetica, who use robots and battle automata.
-Electrocults, known for the Electropriests.

And then you have the many types of techpriests, as well as many other weirder groups like the Explorator Fleets and the Centurio Ordinatus.

As a new player, you might want to start out with, as stated before, a basic regiment seconded to a Magos Reductor, who will just say "Blow that building up." It's not just artillery, but also linebreaking that they'd need to deal with. So it's possible to have an Astra Militarum regiment with a heavy tank seconded to the Magos's service as well. The end result would be the players would always be either in the direct front, causing a breach, or pounding a place from kilometers away, depending on the needs of the battlefield. It also helps to stay with normal humans for one's first game, since the Mechanicum can get seem of weird at times.

As a side note, I'm taking the advice some anons gave me a few weeks back and changing up the Ordo Reductor maniple in MNW, to start with a customizable artilery platform, and pay further points to upgrade to a Minotaur instead of just starting with a Minotaur.
>>
>>49791687
Ah. Has there ever been an explicit link between caretakers and the C'tan? I'd like to see a fragment of Mephetran re-canonized as rogue and controlling some tomb worlds. That'd be a cool balance between old and new.
>>49792494
Eh. Inquisitorial storm troopers goin' into a meatgrinder could work.
>>
>>49792622
>Eh. Inquisitorial storm troopers goin' into a meatgrinder could work.
Simple and effective, thanks.
>>
>>49791795
>They don't need respirators as they already have them from the mechanicus implant trait.

They don't have the Mechanicus Implants trait, that's the special "The Lathes" Homeworld, not the "Forge World" homeworld.

>If you're really spending 25 points for your shotguns and 1 clip of special ammo, just spend 25 for good quality lathe-lasrifles instead.

They can't use integrated weapons; they're not Tech Priests, and proper Skitarii use solid projectile guns loaded with special ammo anyway, not lasguns; the only las-weapons in the entire army are the lascannons on some of their tanks.

And it's not just 1 clip, it's to replace their ammo entirely. They don't get normal shotgun shells; they get Hyper-Dense Penetrator rounds.
>>
How hard would it be for a psyker to avoid discovery?
>>
>>49793265
That depends on who is around. Usually it is just a case of never using a psychic power.
>>
>>49784809
>I dont want to run an online game with physical sheets.
Use notepad or something, dude. It's not hard.
>>
>>49793273
I was thinking of making a NPC who was a member of a Rogue Trader dynasty awaken as a psyker and be blackmailed by a radical Inquisitor. But I'm wonder how easy it would be for Astropaths and other psykers he would interact with to discover him.
>>
>>49793379
Honestly, depends on his use of his talent, whether he suppresses it (A very good idea, and one that would hide him better), embraces it (Very very bad idea), tries to hide it as best he can, or seeks some kind of black market substitute for sanctioning (Not the worst idea, but that's not saying much, and also most certainly heresy).
>>
>>49793273
If there's a Navigator around they would immediately know.
>>
File: 1474494385726.png (24KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
1474494385726.png
24KB, 1000x731px
>>49792663
Expanding that a little, there's an easy excuse for all the other archetypes to be present too. Just say that the Inquisitor has sent the team in as a spearhead to investigate something potentially dangerous. Actual intel is low, they know there will be some shooting, but someone with specialized skills like a techpriest or an adept might be vital too.
I think the first preview adventure was called something like "Shattered Hopes" or something like that? It could work as a prototype.
The team is going into a scary mine works to figure what happened down there and kill anything that's a threat. They quickly find the place is overflowing with monsters/genestealers/cutlists/Chaos Marines if you feel mean, and they have to shoot their way out.
Going high lethality and using a map/minis is good for that number of players, as the more of them die, the easier the game is to run. It can feel like a Slasher flick, where everyone's messy death is unique and memorable and it becomes a fierce competition to be the lucky last acolyte standing.
>>
>>49793399
>If there's a Navigator around they would immediately know.
That relies on the Navigator(s) ever leaving their tabernacle, which isn't a given by a long shot.
>>
>>49793522
Well sure, but every warp capable voidship has one, and some can be advisers to noble families (though rarely so).
>>
>>49793277
I just want my players to be able to fill in the boxes and make my life easy. Damn the world.
>>
Do secondary damage effects (like damage from the toxic quality or being set on fire, but mostly the former) benefit from the Sanctified quality if the weapon had it?

Would it matter if it the secondary damage was from a mod or ammo like a sanctified sword with a tox dispenser or a sanctified autogun with tox rounds?
>>
Anyone here actually get to use a Clipaeus-class Combat Servitor with a praetorian chassis?

I'm checking it out and it looks awesome but I doubt anyone could ever attain a 70+ logistics rating in an only war campaign.
>>
>>49792344
Shield of Humanity has power armour.
If people would just read the books...
>>
>>49784555
I thought about potential rules for an Ork-based 40k rpg, couldn't think of anything that was properly-serious because, well they're Orks, it just didn't feel right.

Stuff such as instead of a repair roll for a damaged vehicle it's a strength roll to kick the engine hard enough the damage falls off.

Maybe tie in wounds with the height of the ork, with the rule of "every x number of sessions/cool things happening said ork gains an inch in height, with 3 inches = +1 wound".

"Only WAAARGH"
- Roks fall, Orks arrive.
>>
>>49778896
NO_FUN_ALLOWED.jpg
>>
Storytime from todays Rogue Trader game (We are just entering rank 3)

>Exploring a space hulk
>Find lots of Tyranids, and crazy mechanicus adepts that some survived, mainting small portions of the ship.
>Rogue Traders orders are to clear the space hulk of any hostiles, and then begin salvage and recovery efforts
>The officers (PCs) including the Rogue Trader start sweeping through different areas of the space hulk, fighting Tyranids along the way.
>An ambush almost kills the RT, he has to burn a fate point to walk away
> at this point he says fuck it, why am I even here, take care of this shit
>Arch Militant leads a group of armsmen and some of the officers during the rest of the sweep
>Find a bulkhead that's being kept shut by a barely surviving tech priest
>Bulkhead has a dead Blood Angels Astartes corpse sitting outside it
>Arch Militant orders the Heavy Bolter to be brought up, just incase.
>Door is opened by the Explorator, revealing a gilded room, full of blood angel corpses and a massive Tyranid warrior prime.
>There's a glowing chalice in the room, an ancient and priceless relic of the blood angels
>Arch Militant and armsmen open fire
>Heavy bolter barely penetrating the Tyranid, despite landing on average six hits per turn. Fortunately, Righteous fury is keeping it stunned.
>Armsmen shotguns doing literally no damage
>Tyranid warrior gets within melee range of the Arch Militant's heavy bolter emplacment
>Tech Priest starts slamming the bulkhead against the Tyranid, keeping it pinned
>Group encourages the Arch Militant to disengage, and leave the tyranid trapped in the door
>HeroOfTheImperium.jpeg
>Pulls out Power spear and engages in melee
>Nearly killed, -1 Critical wounds, but several spear thrusts manage to finally finish it off
>Armsmen start cheering, now the crew gets +1 Morale when the Militant is on ship

The funny thing is way earlier in the game the Militant was hit with a hallucinogen grenade and thought he was fighting off hordes of Xenos.
>>
>>49794738
It does say "Any damage", so it would be alright, barring specific immunities.
>>
>>49795940
he's doing it right
>>
>>49792494
Have a pretty big-time Inquisitor that has several retinues, the PCs playing as the new recruits who possibly are still expected to be trimmed down. People who die roll up a character who's been brought across from another of the Inc's retinues.

Or, have some people play more utility roles without any real combat use. I mean an Inq will sometimes drag around a brainy dude or two, an Untouchable, support types like that, and then their combat dudes. Of course, covering all possible specialisations like that will make it nigh impossible to challenge them, but you're the nutter running a 9-player game.
>>
What is the best legacy weapon pattern?
>>
How do I speed up combat in my online games? I'm god damn tired of combat taking four hours.
>>
>>49798038
Play pbp.
>>
How would you make an all xenos party work?
>>
>>49800162
Bomb collars.
>>
>>49795940
Could've sworn Tyranids got stun immunity.
>>
>>49800162

By taking you behind the alley and beating you with a baseball bat until you stop ebin memeing.
>>
Where can I find a good DH game?

I just wanna play a naive Garden Worlder. A little ray of sunshine.
>>
what kind of music is fitting to play during a game of Black Crusade?
>>
>>49801336

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQmBXEZEYtg
>>
>>49801336
Whitehouse
>>
>>49792494
Tell 5 of yor players to RPS for gm and go form a second group
>>
40k revamp ideas

Skills (can only be rolled for known)
-20 - Known
-10 - Inexperienced
0 - Trained
10 - Experienced
20 - Veteran

Choose Characteristic as appropriate for use of skill
Substitute skills for others by modifying difficulty (ie Lore (Imperium) as substitute for Lore (Imperial Navy))

At start of char creation choose species: Imperium/Xenos (maybe Abhuman should be here?)

For playing different systems use different chapters + mechanics, ie:

Rogue Trader uses Ship Roles + Influence (PF)

Dark Heresy uses Subtly + Influence

Only War uses Regiment Rules

---

All talents the same, all skills the same, all equipment the same, all enemies the same. A consistent system.

Thoughts?

I've already typed up all the talents from DH2/RT/OW
>>
>>49802364
This is advanced autism. And not in a good way. And what possible point is there in effectively giving all characters a -20 to all skills? A starting character is already pathetic enough without bonus stacking.
>>
Is it possible to remove corruption? and if so, how?
>>
>>49802428
Muh grimdark you should feel helpless against *insert favorite faction here* you need to learn your place and accept that you are shit no fun allowed
>>
>>49802439
You go to fancy cleansing places and such, and then, at the DM's discretion, you can spend xp to remove corruption. It's in Rogue Trader somewhere.
>>
>>49802439
>Is it possible to remove corruption?
I do it every single game session.
>and if so, how?
I find liberal application of promethium and bolt shells works best.
>>
>>49802462
Anon did you have a stroke
>>
File: page_113.png (364KB, 327x502px) Image search: [Google]
page_113.png
364KB, 327x502px
>>49802439
>wanting to remove corruption
>>
>>49798038
A few ways.
Is everyone familiar with the rules of combat, of ranges, basic bonuses? I be they aren't.
No one takes more than 2 minutes to decide their action. After 2 minutes, their turn is skipped.
If combat is taking that long, honestly, either you or the enemy should have fled for a better position.
Are you fighting effectively? Using cover, suppressive fire, grenades?
>>
>>49802364
Your skills idea is absolute bollocks and flies in the face of system math and precedent.
>>
>>49802481
You're thinking of insanity, no?
>>
File: NoiseMarine0.jpg (198KB, 522x815px) Image search: [Google]
NoiseMarine0.jpg
198KB, 522x815px
>>49801336
HEAR THIS DIRGE, AND DESPAIR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBQcbIQgFTo
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-10-15 17.39.22.png (136KB, 359x244px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-10-15 17.39.22.png
136KB, 359x244px
>>49802439
From the most unlikely of sources, a Black Crusade Supplement, and pretty much only for Mechanicus people.
>>
>>49802902

Math is for rollplaying faggots. Whatever happened to ROLEPLAY?
>>
>>49803086
Or fancy nobles going full augmenticist.
>>
>>49802903
I thought both had the same mechanic. No?
Even if they don't, I think it might be good to houserule in, unless there's a reason not to.
>>
>>49803364
>Math is for rollplaying faggots. Whatever happened to ROLEPLAY?
FATE is that way.
>>
>>49803410
Insanity is only in the mind whereas corruption is mind, body, and soul.
>>
>>49803410
In Black Crusade at least it is what is designed to kill your PCs. I don't really like that as a thing, but it is what it is.
>>
how would you balance a Demon Lord PC to make it suitable to start an adventure with?
>>
>>49803590
I wouldn't. If the players are advanced enough that one of them is a Daemon Prince, the balance of the game was smashed into kibbles and bits tens of thousands of XP ago. When everyone is broken, no one is.
>>
So I'm kind of in the mood for playing a dark eldar in a new RT campaign, the GM is ok with this.

Would a DE be able to masquerade as vanilla eldar in the eyes of non-eldar if they tried? AFAIK they don't have any innate physical differences.
>>
>>49803590
Surely you mean Daemon Prince? Daemon Lords are ludicrously powerful beings, second only to a Dark God themself. For playing as a Daemon Prince there are rules for it in Tome of Decay. It'll essentially turn into a combination of Overlord and Dungeon Keeper.

>>49803482
You're ignoring the very important part where it's the main part of becoming ascendant to Daemonhood.
>>
>>49803662

They do look somewhat different. Paler and bloodier, mainly.
>>
>>49803662
Unless someone is a skilled xenologist it should be fine, but it should be noted that you have pretty much no psychic abilities as compared to your craftworld or exodite cousins. Otherwise most Imperials are largely ignorant on the differences between Eldar cultures, though a Rogue Trader may well have an idea.
>>
>>49803662
The Imperium largely can't and/or doesn't care to tell the difference between Eldar, so the very idea that there's even such a thing as a "Dark Eldar" would strike even some Imperial military officers as ludicrous. To the average Imperial, the Eldar are one race that gets blamed for literally every nasty thing Craftworlders, Corsairs, Harlequins, and Deldar each do.
>>
>>49803678
I always figured that was the carrot. Ot for eating, just to lure you along.
You work hard, and do your best as corruption mounts, but you never quite reach it and character after character dies by bolt and blade in a last desperate bid for power or are horrifically mutated into a fate worse than death.
>>
>>49803866

In a game that fits the fluff, that would be true. But FFG in the system's death throes gave rules to become the ultimate chaos special snowflakes. Most GMs worth their salt bans them anyway.
>>
>>49802428
>>49802481

That's how it works in DH2? If you don't have a skill you roll at -20. At the start you'd be given a bunch of standard skill as known for free.

Since I'd consolidated the skill system I figured it might as well progress sensibly.

>>49802902

What are you talking about? There's no maths mentioned.
>>
>>49804284
Sometimes I feel like you people don't even play the RPG since it works like this except way worse in RT.
>>
>>49769978
oh fuck, that's beautiful anon.
I read that and was like shieeeet.
>>
File: tyranid prime.jpg (176KB, 614x955px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid prime.jpg
176KB, 614x955px
>>49800611
Even from Righteous fury critical hits?
>>
>>49803887
Bans becoming demon prince, or bans death by corruption?
>>
Anyone got any idea what Shield of Humanity's "Narrow Focus" rule for Speciality regiments means? I can't make heads or tails of it.

Does it mean that you can have an Ogryn Breacher? A Ratling Medic?
>>
File: Lurvemudkipz.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lurvemudkipz.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
Within a Rogue Trader game, would it be heretical of me to introduce thinly-veiled Mudkips to the players on some sort of garden world? I know they'll probably just try to sell them or something, but they should be there.
>>
>>49806308
>Due to the restriction on Support Specialists, X's world characters have fewer options when selecting a Speciality.
Characters from Ratling or Ogryn worlds cannot be a commissar, priest, ogryn, ratling, psyker, storm trooper, or techpriest Support Specialist. Because their Homeworld makes them an ogryn or ratling, they get to choose from Guardsman Specialists only.

>A Character from this regiment always count as both an X and a Guardsman for the purposes of prerequisites, regardless of his current Speciality or Advanced Speciality
Even though they're Guardsman Specialists, their Homeworld ensures they still count as a ratling or ogryn for anything that checks whether you're a ratling or ogryn.
>>
A single Arbites from Hand of Corruption just took out an Iron Warrior, a Prince of the Helix, and a Magister Immaterial.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>49808274
How?
>>
>>49808274
How
>>
>>49808387
>>49808389

Iron Warrior shot 24 rounds at him point blank while he managed to dodge every shot. Arbites two shot him with his maul. Putting him into stuntown. Prince stabbed him and then got one shot by the power maul. Wizard tried to teleport up to him and got killed for his efforts.
>>
>>49808421
What.
>>
>>49808421
Ah, stun abuse. Such a dangerously cheesey tactic. It has a few notable weaknesses, though. Better hope the DM doesn't send a Frenzying Khornate your way next.
>>
>>49808438

The Arbite was the NPC.
>>
>>49808445
Pfffffthahahahaha. Holy shit man, that's even more better. But hold on, all of you are melee fighters, and nobody thought to grab Frenzy? Stun immunity is my favorite part of frenzying.
>>
>>49802364
I kinda like having a intermediate level between fucking incompetent and incompetent, actually, but I thought there was some stuff like that in there to start with.
>>
>>49808493

No khorne characters, and the iron warrior is shooting based.

Also, it wasn't the shock from the mace that stunned him, it was the crit he got after getting hit twice.
>>
>>49808421

Space Marine armor has drug injectors that negate stun.
>>
>>49808533
Not chaos space marine armor unless you specifically take that upgrade and get the drugs for it
>>
>>49808533
>>49808535

He didn't. And he also got set on fire.

The Arbite still cuffed him though.
>>
>>49808546

Okay, I can accept that. Astartes Armor subsystem choice is just Infinite Power Supply + 2 others anyway. But an astartes still has the strength to break cuffs easy.
>>
>>49808554

They were some cuffs that were designed for very strong mutants. Hive cities and all that.
>>
>>49808566
I'm sure that doesn't make the Emperor's justice any less humiliating, though.
>>
File: Sons medusa.jpg (39KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
Sons medusa.jpg
39KB, 400x595px
Hey Im doing a plot involving a remenant of the nova terra interregnum / moirae schism trying to take over a sector secretly. I know theres like a paragraph of offical fluff on both so I was wondering if anyones done any of their own fan stuff so I can comb it for ideas of my own?
>>
>>49808274
Is this arbite getting promoted? Are you immediately scrapping your Black Crusade game to make a new campaign centered around this legendary hero, Dark Heresy: SPACE COPS edition?
>>
>>49808073
So that's a yes; even if I have no idea why you'd do so, an Ogryn Medic, Ratling Heavy Gunner, or Techpriest Operator can be made.

That's really frikkin weird and seems like it doesn't work a whole lot of the time, but thanks for affirming what I'd guessed it was, chummer.

Ave Imperator.
>>
>>49808596

I think they are going to "TRY" to break out. I don't fucking know how that's going to happen.

And yes, he's going to be promoted. He's getting places.
>>
File: Let's Sleep.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Let's Sleep.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Before I go to sleep, I'm putting up some new stuff for everyone.

The Fringe is Yours v1.8.2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dizuaa2pz2iqi9l

Changelog
-Cerastus Knight Atrapos Graviton Singularity Cannon now has a range. Whoops.
-Added Vultarax Stratos-Automata and weapons
-Biocorrosive Ammo increased to Extremely Rare. No longer able to be taken on autopistols and autoguns - only Rotor Cannons and Heavy Stubbers.
-Clarification on BFG to RPG ship conversion tables, allowing parsing of weapon strength to weapon slot numbers

Mars Needs Women v1.2.4
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cjpdi7p1sv1x13l

Changelog
-Added Microbead and Vac-Sealed to Lorica Thallax
-Added Vultarax Stratos-Automata and weapons
-Biocorrosive Ammo increased to Extremely Rare. No longer able to be taken on autopistols and autoguns - only Rotor Cannons and Heavy Stubbers.
-Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank added due to request, as well as weapons and upgrades for it
-Ordo Reductor Maniple changed to tier system, opening options for the Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank
-Recentered the image with the black guy. It was off-center and it was bothering me.

Make sure to change the OP when you make new thread with this stuff, and let me know if people find any further problems so I can fix them tomorrow.

Time for sleep...
>>
>>49808641
...Break out? You mean he took all of you in alive? Man, the balls on that guy. I mean Jesus fuck, anon, I love him even more now. Can you imagine the vox call back to the arbite fortress, so he can radio for transport huge enough to carry these abominations?
>>
>>49808703

Well, the Arbite perma killed the psyker, he "killed" the ragged prince, but he infamied his way out. The Iron Warrior just got put into stun city and cuffed.

He's most likely going to be second in command after this. Seeing as the second in command has been recently been killed.
>>
In a recent Rogue Trader session, a light cruiser was completely engulfed in fire due to shenanigans involving psyker number stacking. With every component including the gellar field generator caught on fire, and the captain burning a fate point to force an emergency warp jump, what's the expected fate of the ship?
>>
>>49808885
Death. Death in the warp. Congrats.
>>
>>49808885
Daemons
>>
>>49808885
Wait why did he want to jump into the warp while the ship was on fire? Especially while the GELLAR-FIELD WAS ON FIRE?
>>
>>49809007
The character is a several thousand year old Archmagos who may have even been alive back during the Great Scouring, his body 99% machine with likely even less sanity remaining.

I'm hoping he's actually dead, personally.
>>
>>49809057
Oh. Do you want him to stay alive? He could negotiate with a foul daemon and find himself fused with the ship, all its crew and the aforementioned daemon.

The hull slides out of the warp, wetly glistening like a knife covered in fresh blood. Across all vox channels is heard the screaming of 100,000 tortured souls, crying for blood and vengeance at the tech priest that betrayed them. All insignias are gone, coated in flesh and scabs. The engines flicker with impossible colors. The maws that make up its broadside macrocannon array snap and tear at the void. In the heart of the infernal vessal sits a misshapen lump of steel and warp flesh, laughing with its thousand mouths at the impending reaping. The vessel is Deliverance and it is anathema.
>>
>>49809447
As much as I love everything you've said, I still really hope he stays dead. He already has the mechanical balls of steel required to attempt to steal a void ship right of a Forge World dock. He likely heard that we were out of the sector, so he tried to pillage an archaeotech station we had recently restored.

Also, you forgot about the legions of shambling servitor-crews that now roam the endless hallways.
>>
>>49809604
You're right. My mistake.

In the bowels of the ship, a legion of mechanical monstrosities shamble through the fleshy corridors. Capricious daemons cavort and jape alongside the servitor army, turning flips and playing tricks on the once living. In the heart of the ship, vile Hereteks create ever more foul Daemon Engines in blasphemous workshops that mock the laws of space and time. The boarding torpedoes trail unclean filth through space as they streak towards their next victims, occupants screaming their love for the Dark Gods.
>>
>>49769425
So let me get this straight;
>you have a nice group of people whom you actually like.
>They love the human side
>They love to play games to help it
>You wanna embitter them, and rob them of their enthusiasm for the Imperium, just because.

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>49807893
Do it!
Do they evolve? If the Players manage to sell little adorable mudkips, would coming back in a few years result in dead and angry customers flocking in with giant Mega Swamperts?
>>
So, question. Let's say that a PC wanted to broker a peace deal with the factions on Seldon's Folly, and get the locals to swear allegiance while the foreign soldiers decamp into their ship's barracks.

What would the Objectives and Themes for the resulting Endeavor be? The plan is to show up in orbit, contact everyone by vox, ferry up some representative from both sides for a peace conference onboard their ship. Then they'd offer the end the war simply by taking the now-dead Rogue Trader's household troops off of the planet, preferably after swearing them into their service, or at least agreeing to send an astropathic message to the Rogue Trader House that abandoned them, asking for their service, and offering to return them if paid for the passage, or after they've worked off the cost of the passage. Meanwhile, they're also asking the planetary government to swear allegiance to them, in exchange for material assistance rebuilding their society following the war (and they thought ahead, and brought a bunch of supplies with them), and an agreement to come defend them should they come under outside attack once more.

I mean, the whole thing would be resolved over the course of one scene, followed by "and then we begin sending some shuttles down to pick up the troops, while sending down some more shuttles containing the supplies we brought with us". Maybe two scenes, if you bother playing out the Rogue Traders getting their hands on a bunch of Common-availability medical supplies, tools, food, et cetera.
>>
>>49809057
>nominally undead magos cruising through the warps while his entire ship is on fire
This must be one of the most metal things ever
>>
>>49810221
Potential complicating factors, you say?

>guerillas from both factions, cut off from any command structure, fucking shit up while a peace deal is being brokered.
>old and half-insane military commander on the house-troops' side whose sole purpose in life is the victory that eluded him for decades
>planetary governor demands the head of every foreign troop as the price of peace for bringing misery and ruination to his once beautiful planet
>planet's population (and perhaps also leadership) having an instinctual distrust of Rogue Traders, crazy conspiracy theories springing up about the party's True Intent in brokering peace
>secret Khornate cult flourishing in the shadow of a pointless war tries to sabotage the peace deal that threatens their communion with the Blood God
>>
>>49779528
Most every 1st Edition adventure can be ported over. They're all solid, except Apostasy Gambit.
>>
>>49810618
What's wrong with the Apostasy Gambit?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.