[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1128: God may forgive your sins, but Jump-Chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 445
Thread images: 34

File: 1475207542065.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1475207542065.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49760766
>>
But will Jump-Chan give me the punishment I so richly desir-deserve?
>>
>>49766862
But then why did she give me Balefire if she didn't want me to slowly break reality wit it?

Also, a question about the Mistborn jump; assuming that, for Feruchamy, the size of the metal object denotes how much of whatever aspect you can put into it, what would be the max capacity for a ring? A bracelet? A necklace? How much jangley crap am I going to have to wear here?
>>
Hey, dirge? I'm the guy who offered a few days ago (at least, I think it was a few days ago, between my fluctuating lucidity and how much I've been sleeping I've kind of lost track of the passage of time) to critique the Sidonia scenario once I was feeling less sick. I think I have an idea to make the ending less "chunky", as you put it. That seems to come from the sudden importance the plot puts on the Sidonia. The traitor all of a sudden decides to reveal themselves and flee the ship for no apparent reason just because they're in the same system as it, and once you meet up with it properly the crew of your ship is finally able to recover the logs and memories of what happened at Archangelsk Shipyard.

My idea is that you work with this, drop hints earlier in the text that the Sidonia might be the clue to figuring out what happened. Maybe put some mention in entry for the Aposimz that the investigation crew tried to access its memory banks to see if it had more complete records, only to find that they were also corrupted, and then have the narration suggest that finding an intact Seed Ship could answer the mystery. I'm sure you could find other places to put in some references to what happened, too, you're a better writer than I am.

Anyway, that way when you warp to LEM and find that the Sidonia is RIGHT THERE, it makes sense to the reader that the traitor would try to escape. They're at risk of being found out, they have to leave. For added plot cohesion, perhaps say that Ochiai's research into "psychokinetic" mind control originated from the Sidonia's records of Heartbeat/Heartbreak, making his insistence on destroying you not just his arrogance but also impulsive fear. He's afraid of what you might be carrying.

Anyway, I don't know how well those ideas would work with your intent for the scenario. I think it's probably close to what you wanted to convey, but I could just be assuming. In any case, I hope that my commentary will be of at least some use to you.
>>
File: 1462889319686.jpg (414KB, 667x524px) Image search: [Google]
1462889319686.jpg
414KB, 667x524px
What are your favorite ways to handle death when dying and coming back to life is a key part of the setting?
>>
Are there any characters you've emulated throughout your chain?
Pic related for me.
>>
File: Oda Nobunaga Hellfire Essence.jpg (250KB, 598x443px) Image search: [Google]
Oda Nobunaga Hellfire Essence.jpg
250KB, 598x443px
Soon...

The Demon King of the Sixth Heaven [+600]: Oda Nobunaga is a figure of legend in this world. He is a man who wants to conquer the world, he wants to be a god, he wants the power. He is a bloodthirsty demon who is trying to find the real strength. He lives for the battle, because there is something greater than man, greater than samurai, greater than what one finds when listens to his sword and this can only be found in war.
For this reason, he can never die, his soul is always fighting. Because he had a dream: become the strongest and prove his existence. That is why he comes back. And no matter how long it takes, he will fight again and again. His obstacle to the title of the strongest is you and so he has to defeat you at every cost.
He will resurrect when killed, having had True Resurrection performed upon his body, and is a monster of war, an equal to even the Mibu Clan’s own Demon Eyes Kyo. He wields Aku (Evil) forces as his personal tools, a sword equal to the Muramasa weapons of legend, mastery of swordsmanship sharpened by a bloody era he wishes to continue, willpower unending, a killer intent strong enough to crush the normal man in sheer hate, Houriki (Buddist Clerical Magics), and a style based in the blood, bone, sorrow, and hellfire of war all made manifest, literally. This monster stands on the precipice of dropping the entire Edo into chaos, but first he must finish with you.
>>
Right, I'm awake...

*looks at old thread*

How much of that should I bother responding to?
>>
>>49767008
Oh come on man, really? Can you not stir the pot instantly with "how much should I bother responding to" when that sort of thing started the whole fucking shit storm?
>>
>>49767008
Put the posts addressed to you on a numbered list, then respond to each prime numbered one.
>>
>>49767008
Only answer questions posted in this thread. We should try our utmost to leave the last thread as far behind us as we can.
>>
>>49766980
I want this guy to fight Saitama and get punched.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>49767008
I honestly have no idea man...

>>49767063
Well he'd die just like everything else but he's one of the few things that can just get back up from something like that.
>>
>>49767063
>implying Oda wouldn't entice Saitama with tales of fights he would enjoy.
That or an all expenses paid apartment.
>>
>>49767092
I understand it's jump fiat and what have you, but what if you slapped the motherfucker with curoch or something like that?
>>
>>49767121
The easiest thing to do is perform remote spinal surgery via laser and make him a quadriplegic. Then it's as easy as keeping him alive for 10 years in a place no one can find him. It works for all resurrecting villains that don't have rapid healing (if they do, then squirt some liquid adamantium into the spinal cord)
>>
File: Oda_Nobunaga.png (208KB, 771x579px) Image search: [Google]
Oda_Nobunaga.png
208KB, 771x579px
>>49767096
Yeah Nobunaga is terrifyingly charismatic for a monster of evil who will burn the world for his wishes.

>>49767121
Curoch, as in Night Angel's Sword of Power?
All it does is cut things really well and amplify magic. Or does it have a 'you do not recover' or 'instills Death' kind of effect that I don't remember.
Basically he keeps coming back until you find and kill the fuck out of whomever rezzed his sorry ass. See that's the out right there but that person isn't an easy kill either, just saying.
>>
>>49767174
His body is a meat puppet to his soul, he doesn't need his nerves to move. His willpower is so high that he nukes a place and steals all the life force in an area the size of a large town. He's an undead monster with the will that brought the whole of Japan to it's knees and mired the island in blood for ages. This is Oda Nobunaga of the Samurai Deeper Kyo world and he's quite scary.
It'll take a bit more than what you described to put him down. Though those are some nice ideas for subjugating an opponent.
>>
>>49767049
Deal.

In that case, to the guy who wanted to do GHQ but I decided to do it first, I'm cool with working together.
>>
>>49767175
It says in the jump that absolutely nothing can come back from being killed be Curoch--not even companions.
>>
>>49767223
Soul Jar. Done. Also you're hyping him up way too much, stop being so silly.
>>
>>49767175
If I'm remembering right, doesn't curoch have a 'cannot be revived if killed by' tenate? Cursed wounds which cannot be recovered from would be similar.
>>
>>49767174
Or just put him in a adamantium box. Works even if they somehow avoid the first option.
>>
>>49767223
When in doubt, use more adamantium.
A souls jump could net you a way to steal and/or absorb his soul
>>
>>49767259

Yeah, but the point of the drawback is that it's a drawback and fiat, so he'll get back up anyway.
>>
>>49767294
That's why you put him in the box. Get in the fucking box Oda.
>>
>>49767312
>Get in the fucking box Oda.
I want to see art of that
>>
>>49767255
>>49767259
Jump Fiat is a good thing to stand on. I can only say Drawback Fiat at this point. He'll get back up.

>>49767256
He escapes 'somehow' because Drawback. How am I hyping him too much? Those are actual things he did in the Samurai Deeper Kyo manga.
>>
>>49767353
That's why you put him in the box man. He doesn't die so no fiat and even if he did, he'd still come back to life in the box.

It's perfect. All problems should get box related solutions.
>>
>>49767371
I guess. The point is endlessly rezzing town killer level enemy after you, but some Jumpers can trivialize that with a box. But then again I'd put good money on the Jumper getting out alive, even if this was their first Jump, which says how much faith I have in a desperate Jumper.
>>
>>49767464
Well to be fair, there are a lot of jumpers that wouldn't be able to get out of that box.
>>
>>49767531
Interested in the box. What is it? A combo that you've come up with. Will you show it off?
>>
>>49767464
I'm not too familiar with the setting.
What happens if I teleport him into the Sun?
>>
>>49767531
How many jumpers can't teleport in one way or another? Isn't it a valuable skill?
>>49767549
Look up a few posts. A box of pure adamantium. Once closed and locked, unless you can teleport you can't get out.
>>
>>49767565
There are some tricks, but because adamantium is supposed to be indestructible, it should work.
>>
>>49767549
See >>49767262

As an aside, I'm going to agree with BoxAnon. More problems should get box-related solutions.

To that end, are there any box-related perks?
>>
>>49767556
Without the drawback?
He's dead, flat out.

With the drawback?
He'll somehow make to you within the year. A good fluff reason would be that he has been injected with Crime Monster, which can grant teleportation among other 'super powers', but that's if you wanna make up how he did it.

>>49767565
Intangibility, teleportation, Tunneling, vibration control, and other abilities then. All proven effective on Adamantium
>>
>>49766980
Dude, you're great but please use a pastebin. We discussed this.
>>
>>49767610
You'd better put that in the drawback then, because as is it only says he comes back from the dead, not that he gets out of any imprisonment
>>
>>49767610
So just make it have anti teleporting wards and put him back in the box. At most you just need to adjust it for however he broke out once a year. Makes it much easier to just deal with him 10 times only.
>>
>>49767023
You might not be interested but others are. This thread isn't just for you.
>>
>>49767610
Huh. Well, that opens up all kinds of funny shenanigans that I can inflict on him. I'm going to have a lot of fun sending that guy to all kinds of alien worlds, hell dimensions, and the eldritch reaches of reality only for him to crawl back every year for another round.
>>
>>49767008
Reposting just for you, Sempai

I won't lie, originally I wanted German Hollow Quest to finally have a good Bleach jump.

And yet, now that Reborn is back and promising an update I am holding certain hope.

Now? As a fan of GHQ I want the jump to have stuff it explored upon. Different methods of Vizard creation by hollowifying the zanpaktou and its spirit, the second Fullbring symbolizing some other aspect of yourself or your life and ability to combine them into a complete thing, as the priest had a silver locket Medallion that turned into snake with metal control, symbolizing his time and survival of Auschwitz, and his second Fullbring being a cross that turns into sword and shield of light, symbolizing his job, experience, life as a priest and more. Realization of achievements. Combining them game black and green colored full body armor with large sword that turns anything cut to metal which it can manipulate later

I want there to be whatever Dante is, or even a tiny bit of such. Manipulation of hollow heart mask white ooze

I want a pet whatever animal was used for my animal hollow motif.

The jump for GHQ doesn't have to focus on regular Shinigami or Quincy, but it would be great if it focused on everything related to hollows or hollow based, like fullbringers.

And as for nano hollows, they technically serve as spirit bacterias allowing flora and such of Hollow World, with Kaizar just being who they originated from
>>
>>49767610
Hey Gauntlet, I have two questions about heroic mortals if you don't mind.
The first is, can you purchase/import armor or a weapon multiple times?
The second is, can you import a ring as armor?
>>
>>49767579
What if you use the door maker machine from Worm to make a cube of portals where a portal leads to the portal parallel to itself? That'd be even harder to break out of than adamantium. The only issue would be that the edges would cut stuff. Any ideas to solve that?
>>
>>49767625
Yar yar, yeah I'm gong to be doing PDFs soon acutally. As per my usual methiod.

>>49767627
Hm, true. I was thinking he'd be more of a, constant throne in the side of a high end jumper but a fucking terror at the low end. He supposed to be worth 600 cp. I'll expand upon how he'll be going about things and such, thanks for the feedback

>>49767640
True agian. Thanks for the feedback.

>>49767656
Yeah, high-end Jumpers just look at this kinda thing and ask "Does he scale to me?" if the answer is no then they smile and take the drawback. I understand that.

>>49767694
>Import Armor or weapon multiple times.
Let me check my notes.

>Ring as Armor?
Not unless it already provided armor somehow.
>>
>>49767714
A spherical portal. Look into mobius strip and inverted sphere architecture.
>>
>>49767714
Deboss a portal shape in an adamantium wall then have thebportals fill in the hole
Or what >>49767744 said
>>
>>49767694
One purchase.

>>49767714
This guy >>49767744 has a good idea.
>>
>>49767733
Can a ring be imported as a weapon if it can preform attacks then?
>>
>>49767781
Yeah sure. At that point it fits being a weapon enough to do so.
>>
>>49767777
>One purchase.
Okay. To bad for my plans then, I'll adapt.
>>
File: 1471217459849.gif (13KB, 215x144px) Image search: [Google]
1471217459849.gif
13KB, 215x144px
Morning, /jc/. Barring a serious setback, Captain N should be jumpable today. Also, writefaggotry in progress.
>>
>>49768005
Get on the fucking writemill
>>
Jump 23: Tales of Symphonia
Location: Meltokio - Wait, again? Oh, goody, capital of the jackasses.
Age: 20 - Is it me, or do I never seem to roll anything under 20 whenever I can help it?
Form: Human - An ape, born and raised, damn it!
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Good Tastes Good - Tastes like arsenic. Yum.
That Undefinable Thing - The Soul...it really is a fascinating thing. [700]
Lifeless Being - I really mulled hard over this one. I know all about Mithos and his grand plans, but...well, ‘surpass my limits'. [50]

Gear:
Iconic Outfit - I really dig the scarf, okay?
Questionably Practical Weapon - Kendama! Kendama, kendama, kendama~...shut up, it's fun.
Angelus Stone [700] - Want it.
Key Crest [650] - Need it.

Drawbacks:
Sword Dancer - OH HI FRIEND [1000]
House of Damnation - Well fine, I wasn't much of a Church goer anyways! [1100]
Mimic - HOW DID THEY GET IN THE WAREHOUSE?! [1300]

50 leftover points because fuck my life. Again.
>>
>>49768531
To my delight, the nastier side effects of being a Lifeless Being seem to have been dulled or removed altogether. I guess it's a show of mercy from the boss. I can still feel emotions, my senses only dull when I want them to...it's honestly a pretty good package deal. I can even shift my age at will! And look, wings! I've finally got some actual wings! It's amazing!

Well, in all honesty, I completely know what's going on with this world. I just don't see any real reason to get involved. Lloyd and company will handle things just fine if I leave stuff alone. Still, gotta keep the boss happy, so it's time to go adventuring! Gotta make stuff happen, gotta make it entertaining, gotta...

...I can feel their eyes on me. Those who're forced to live in the slums while the nobility enjoy relative comfort. I can feel the eyes of the nobility looking at me with curiousity and disdain at my attire and companions. More than anything, I can feel that crushing feeling of smallness. How, in an instant, everything can be wiped out completely without so much as a whimper.

>"We're ants, Anon. We're just ants."
>>
>>49768797
I knew that back home, we lived in an empty world that could be utterly destroyed without any warning or prompting. But we seemed to continually luck out, able to keep living another day. There was still a big mystery behind everything, and the slim hope we didn't live in a purely materialistic world, or at least there were ways and things we hadn't yet discovered. Now I know that infinite worlds exist - infinite possibility, but also a finality behind it. Nothing is unique or special. Even being a Jumper is something that's been tread before, and maybe not even by help of omnipotent being.

But what do I do, then? Do I just roll on the floor and stop fighting? Do I just quit? Should I erase my memories just so I don't have this jaded perspective follow me forever?

No.

Even if there's an infinite number of worlds out there, this is what I've made for myself. I'm a Jumper, with these companions, and these adventures. Even if there's no inherent value to me or my world, or my adventures, what matters is that they happened and that I was there to experience everything. And even if there's worlds where things will get infinitely worse or infinitely better, these are the ones that I walk. And you know what? I can do a pretty damn good job myself at making things better or worse.

And I think raising hell for the Church of Martel, particularly the Pope of Tethe'alla, is a pretty damn good start.
>>
File: Paradox_Map_1.png (682KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Paradox_Map_1.png
682KB, 1280x720px
>>49766973
Also I think after having him as my parent, I also imitate Nya a bit.
>>
Yo...

So I was made aware of the fact that somebody made a Jumpchain about my quest...

Someone care to elaborate on that?
I'm curious what went down. Apparently it was a shitstorm
>>
>>49768952
More like 'trying to make'. But the short version is that we have a 'first come, first serve' rule with who makes jumps and what stays on the drive, and it's mutated into an issue of extreme contention and dumb shitpostings.

Someone was trying to make a jump based off your quest in an attempt to have a more expansive version of the Bleach jump than what we currently have. The maker recently returned, so it's kind of flared up especially loudly lately.

tl;dr Incredibly stupid drama that really isn't worth putting much thought into.
>>
>>49768952
Well, Blade is making one, but...it's complicated. You see, we have a rather poorly made Bleach jump at this current time, and according to the rules this community established, a jump can't be replaced once it's accepted to the drive. The hope some people had was that GHQ would essentially offer the chance for a better Bleach jump. However, since quest focuses on Hollows, so naturally Blade decided the jump should only have Hollows available for jumpers. This, along with some other issues including miscommunication caused a large argument to ensue. After that things just got weird, shitposting ensued, and eventually everyone got bored and the argument stopped.
>>
>>49768952
Howdy Spookyng!

Right so it worked out like this. Someone wanted to make a German Hollow Quest Jump, got the Bleach Jump's creator's blessing, as the guy who made the sources content he gets first say on if it's too close to the original content to warrant another Jump. Most people thought this was directed to be a better version of the, admittedly lackluster but now getting updates, Bleach Jump instead of a Jump about... well German Hollow Quest. As Heavens here >>49768990 said it was mostly silly drama and shitposting, both of which we deal with on a fairly routine bases. Personally I would avoid our last Thread... It got strange and then worse.
>>
>>49768952
>it was a shitstorm
This is /jc/. If we're not in the midst of a shitstorm we don't know what to do with ourselves.
>>
>>49769086
>>49769049

Doesn't help that BLADE asked "who should I bother replying to" and when someone reposted a good criticism he fucked off without response
>>
>>49769203
Hence the response 'he shouldn't answer anybody because the shitposter is still here.'

That's you by the way.
>>
You mean this guy >>49767663 right? Yeah solidly written and good about conveying what he wants to the content creator, well at least to me he has. Wish I had a reviewer like that but I have, apparently run them off with my overly critical nature.
>>
>>49769273
Oh, you liked my review?

Then don't worry Gauntlet Sempai I will do my best in reviewing your jumps if I know the setting
>>
'Kay, after reading the archive of the last /jc/ I see what you guys mean.
I just got a bit worried as one of my readers notified me of this.

Personally I don't know how to feel about this.
I'll probably settle for "worried" that my cancer is now spreading

In any case, carry on you inglorious basterds
>>
>>49769344
>Paraniod
Why does everyone fuck up this gag?
>>
>>49769344
Know anything about Samurai Deeper Kyo? Mirrors today eh?

>>49769351
Personally I feel the Thread has become very used to this, seriously I know I have.
>>
>>49769359
It's on purpose now.

>>49769273
I can't remember which jumps were made by you, And with drive being wonky... Which are yours?

Might start writefagging soon myself, Heavens inspired me
>>
>>49769386
Ah, sadly I don't. I might binge it if possible if it's good so hold that thought
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>49769351
Nah man it's cool, we got our own Cancer.
>>
File: 1438462338745.jpg (451KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438462338745.jpg
451KB, 1280x720px
>>49761752
(Demon King Daimao) #69
-Background: Demon King (850CP) -Alas.
-Sexy (750CP) -Good looks is always good.
-Evil Concealment (Free) -I... didn't need this but okay.
-Genius (550CP) -I R Smart.
-Demon King's Power (250CP) (Discount) -Mana reserves go!
-Magic Manipulation (-350CP) (Discount) -TALENT! I have it.
-Tomes, Books & Information (-400CP) -Getting started is nice.
-PDA (Free) -I... guess?
-Cool Clothes (Free) -CLASSY.
-Arranged Marriage (-300CP)
-Rumors (-200CP)
-Unlucky (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 16 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

There's even less to say here than there was about the other one, because what in the unholy fuck is this place even about. Why is a demon king even allowed to go to school if they're hated as hell in the first place? Why do people still want to chase me ANYWAY if they know? What is even happening. What is blue.

My brain can't fucking process this. I'm sorry about making fun of Unholy Heights.
>>
>>49769389
Mortal Heroes Guantlet, Legend of Zelda, Minish Cap, and currently working on Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Here Thread have a WIP so that you guys will start thrown some feedback my way. Currently needs a few more items, some major polish, Drawbacks, & more polish.

>>49769401
It's a bit big for a binge but if you wish go ahead.

>>49769418
Ain't that the truth.
>>
>>49769444
Gaunlet, nothing is too big to binge o-

>306 chapters

BRING. IT. ON
>>
>>49769495
Heh. That made me laugh. Good luck with that BTW.
>>
File: yjBuo7.gif (1023KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
yjBuo7.gif
1023KB, 500x200px
>>49769519
I am reading it, I see what you mean.
>>
>>49767663
I have copy/pasted this into my doc, and will keep in mind.

>>49768952
>>49769351

Senpai noticed me?

Cool.

Do you have anything that you feel absolutely should not be available to obtain via perks?
>>
>>49769444
He’s so Beautiful cuts off, and you need specify if True Mibu gets discounts on its perks or not. Is True Red Eyes free or 100 CP, is Mark of a Crimson King 600 or 300 CP?

Other than that, the jump is looking great.
>>
>>49760820

Jump #53: Sword and Sorcery
>The World (A great work. Achievement, reward, and well-earned recognition.)
A fitting card for Sword and Sorcery. I've been looking forward to this for some time now, especially since I didn't take any drawbacks the first time around. The change to this jump makes it all the sweeter for me.
>Age: 32
>Location: The Blasted Wastes
>Identity: Sorcerer (-50)
I have become but a man. No longer a vampire, no longer a lich, no longer a mind flayer. Perhaps this is for the best. Perhaps it is time to embrace my humanity again.
>Drawbacks: Branded And Shamed (+200), To Live In Interesting Times (+200), A Stolen Mantle (+300), The Root Of All Stories (+300)
Marked by a ritual that stole that which I was gifted. Branded when sold into slavery. Locked into a struggle that will last me all of my time here. Yes... this will be something, all right.
>To Truly Live (100)
I need not concern myself about losing focus. There is no room for doubt, there is no time for worry. The worlds await.
>The Will To Live (100)
Not all worlds will be friendly to me. This one is my most immediate concern, but this is certainly going to be merely one of many. I shall let no man break me, nor bend me to their will. If my travel between worlds is meant to be a crucible, I shall be hardened as steel in a forge.
>One of the Wise (Free, Sorcerer)
An affinity toward that which is presently considered the realm of sorcerers and alchemists... and in the future, scientists and chemists.
>A Scholar's Treasure (50, Sorcerer)
More easily locating things worthy of attention, most useful.
>To Treat With Spirits (150, Sorcerer)
I wonder if there are merely otherworldly spirits, or if I can indeed conjure the dead?
>The Arcane Craft (150, Sorcerer)
Channeling arcane power... creating such things for those who need it... knowing how to use that which already exists.
>>
>>49769642
>>49769642
>The Heart of Man (600)
Quite possibly the most important thing for me to gain and keep: perspective. Instead of looking through the lens of my experience, I can see things clearly on their own merits, both good and bad. This is quite possibly the one thing that changes Sword and Sorcery from being only a cornerstone of my chain to quite possibly being the keystone.
>A Wanderer's Cloak (100)
I will be travelling for a very long time, and protection from the elements is treasured.
>A Thief's Satchel (100)
A satchel with a fondness for nostalgia, perhaps... or something more.
>An Occult Tome (Free, Sorcerer)
A curious book, one that I shall reference for a long time to come. It shows what happened to me. It shows how to manipulate the energies of this world... how to regain that which was taken from me, piece by piece... how to consolidate my abilities, help them grow in harmony. Yes, very useful.
>An Arcane Tool (100, Sorcerer)
A simple rod cast of some rough, crude metal, fourteen inches in length... reminding me of a wand that I once had at my side, but no longe, but with an even greater ability to act as a magical focus.
>An Arcane Chamber (200, Sorcerer)
A suitable place for any and all magical ceremonies.
>The Eye of Set (300, Sorcerer)
This gem fit onto the tip of the rod, as if the rod were meant for it... and the rod shimmered, abruptly becoming more solid, shifting from the black of pig iron to the silver of steel. How curious.

I woke from darkness to find myself bound upon an altar and nude. Not the way I would have hoped to start a new jump, but it was the way of things. My immediate desire was escape, but I found myself unable to take any action as the dozens of men in the tiers of the chamber I was in chanted, feeling myself weaken with every passing second. In time this came to an end and one of the robed men came over to release me, only for his apparent subordinates to grab me and drag me away with unnaturally strong arms.
>>
>>49769652
I was given to what I came to understand very quickly were slavers, and cruel at that. They branded me as they branded everyone, and when I finally was alone to inspect myself I found that I had strange tattoos etched into my skin in a language I could not, all over my body. My first attempt to escape the slavers was unsuccessful thanks to bad timing and a slaver I had not seen, and they dragged me back after beating me - but not beating me hard enough to make me useless for work to them. The next morning they lined all of us up. "Look to your left. Look to your right. The next time any of you try to escape, we will kill not just you, but also the slaves standing beside you."

The other slaves did not talk to me for a week, and I had to fend off beatings from some others for weeks afterward. Once about ninety days in total had passed, however... I was found missing from the morning count. The slavers looked, but did not find me, and threatened to kill the slaves' families if the men did not go out to find me in the wasteland. And so, the men fanned out, about half the slavers going with them, the other half staying behind with the now-hostage slave women and children. What they did not expect, however, is that I had never left - as they roamed about, they found their numbers dwindling. I had been stripped of my powers, but I was fresh from Metal Gear at the time, and while I may not have been at the peak of my skills, having exercised CQC for twenty years is bound to leave some muscle memory. Not to mention skills obtained over the years that did not rely on perks.

When the slavers and the men returned, they did so in small and irregular groups, to find the women guarded by dead men. They did not see that they were corpses, only quiet, some of them in positions that feigned sleep; by the time they were close enough to realize they'd fallen into a trap, either I had come up to attack them, or the slaves themselves realized what was going on and did so.
>>
>>49769584
I tried to tell ya.

>>49769610
>cuts off
Ah thanks for that.

>True Mibu Discounts
I'll clarify that.

>True Red Eyes Free?
Free

>Mark of the Crimson King?
True Mibu get access to it. Again I'll clarify I'll drop the Mark down in price though, because it'll make more sense that way. 300 CP
>>
>>49769672
Mere hours after I had feigned my escape, the slaves were all free, and while they still had no trust for a tattooed and branded stranger even though he'd freed them, they were nonetheless thankful for their liberty and fled to rejoin their tribes. I returned to the location that I'd been taken from, now a free man, and found a deserted spire. I searched it and found a few artifacts, but it had been clearly stripped bare, save for the gilded arcane chamber at its heart. The cloak I found would be useful to protect me from the sandstorms and the sun, the satchel worked to carry whatever I might need... but the tome was the key to find what happened to me, and how I could fix it. The metal rod called out to my senses, as did the gemstone in a statue of Set, and combining the two had definite effects. I left the tower and followed my instincts, locating a township nearby and staying under my cloak to hide my marred appearance. I heard from there that many things has changed in the nearby world - some kingdoms had fallen into the grips of iron fisted tyrants, while others had been abruptly dissolved and splintered apart by warlords, while a handful of others were travelling about and pillaging for their own fun.

I spent time there there quietly working on the local type of magic, before I came across one such... or rather, he came across me, while he brought his fellows along with him to simply act like jackasses right out of Fist of the North Star. The locals did not take well to this, and unsurprisingly they reacted a little better than one might expect while waiting for Kenshiro, but seeing several of the raiders attacking having otherworldly talents, and their leader outright being supernatural - an obscenely overpowered vampire, with a form similar to one I recall having - made things difficult for those trying to resist, even if he was slightly weakened in sunlight he was still obscenely powerful.
>>
>>49769681
I cast a spell that would freeze him in place, then calmly walking over and decapitated him with a borrowed khopesh as he ranted at me - this dealt with him handily in a way he couldn't avoid. His minions watched, transfixed, as his body dissolved into golden motes and I regained the power stolen from me - but only a small fraction of what should have been mine. Still, it was enough to push me from human to superhuman, if only just, and it made the fight against the remaining raiders a rout. When the winds blew my cloak open in the wake of the battle, I found that some of the inscriptions on my skin were now gold instead of black. The course of action from that point seemed quite clear.

Of the fights to come, the worst was two years later against three men who had seized a small kingdom and split it into three, but who united to fight against me. I recognized the powers brought to bear against me - how could I not? - and witnessed a Dead Apostle, a planetouched warlock, and a firebender uniting to charge at me. By then I'd hunted down the dozen-and-a-half warlords who were said to roam the wastes and been working on eradicating the slavers across the land. There was no practical purpose to slavery here, or at least not the cruel implementation that they had. Regardless... a Dead Apostle is not impossible to kill, certainly not outside of the world where they belong, and as for the others, it was not too difficult to deal with them when I had a moment that I was not on the defensive.

From there... I began my attacks on the rest of the cultists who'd stolen my abilities and gotten themselves entrenched. The first was one that had taken my abilities from A Certain Scientific Railgun, and met me at a crossroads and knelt, exposing his neck.

>"I have seen how this ends. I am no good man, but I do not want to see the world consumed by fire - I have a family and their lives must be spared. Take my life. Reclaim your mantle. Find Charon and strike him down."
>>
>>49769693
Like him, a few cultists regretted what they did, but there was only one way to take back what they'd stolen, and it was the cost of their lives.

I faced no armies, and with only the barest remnants of my power I found and faced the man who called himself Charon. I saw in him a shadow of what I could have become, if I'd chosen to embrace inhumanity instead. He sent men after me, men who swore to defend him, and while they slowed my approach they did not stop it. Each of them that I slew caused a tattooed letter to fade from black to gold - some of them with their own pieces of my power, others with things that belonged in my warehouse. All such things that fit in the satchel, fortunately.

In the end, I confronted Charon in his throne room. A bleak and desolate place decorated with the broken bodies of his enemies, his throne put together from the skulls of the fallen. And he faced me with my wand in hand. I was now wearing a mailed glove - a couple of my own artifacts had merged with the rod that I carried, and now it shifted shape and had assumed a golden color, my recovered hand cannon gripped within it. He was quite irate that I refused to kneel to him, in hopes of sparing myself the fate of everyone else who had confronted him.

>"I'll flay the skin from the bones and destroy you where you stand!", screamed he.
"You've already lost," I responded. "There is no point to it."
>"You could never hope to strike me down. I have power enough to make even the gods quake!"
"And yet, with the power at your fingertips to create a paradise the likes of which the world has never seen, you used it to dig a graveyard and call it a kingdom."
>"Kings kneel before me! Men weep when they see my visage!"
"You're a twelve foot tall walking skeleton. The common man is going to piss himself and pray if he sees you. Regardless, you've already lost. You know it, or else you would have attacked me already," I said, and this served to enrage him as I hoped it might.
>>
>>49769703
I raised the hand cannon - some may recall this weapon was made to kill the supernatural, and was empowered enough to kill gods before I retired it - and pulled the trigger even as his hands wrapped around my throat.. Light flashed from the barrel and Charon's sternum imploded, as though his whole ribcage had suffered a hammer blow. He stumbled to a stop on hands and knees. I raised the pistol again and fired - his skull shattered, and he exploded into golden sparks afterward.

The man was a king by his own hand, perhaps, but took that crown with stolen magic and powers... a king only of bones and dust. The crushed ruin sank into the ground behind me as I walked away, left to be forgotten in the sands of the wasteland, joining its owner in the oblivion of obscurity.
>>
>>49769715
Hell of a good story. Well done.
>>
>>49769715
Absolutely fantastic stuff, Crux.
>>
Don't wanna new thread and JC does seem like the most appropriate thread for asking about /tg/'s recent games actually.

Does anyone know what happened to the The World Ends With You community homebrew from months ago? The thread's gone and people have been making sites for TWEWY TTG since 2011.
>>
>>49769444
For the Mark of the Crimson King, which part is the super mode? The massively enhanced body and mind, the immense spiritual power,the ability to channel the energy of the world, or all of the above?
>>
Does uzumaki bloodline in the naruto jump get chakra chains?
>>
>>49770116
Yes.
>>
>>49770124
It shouldn't. But that's a problem I have with the series, not the jump. The jump is canon-accurate in giving you access to the chakra chains. Stupid, but accurate.
>>
>>49768815
Jump 24: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - I guess some actual TRAINING will probably work wonders.
Location: Big Lock - ...hey, Nymph? Your hacking still works, right? Yes? Okay, good.
Origin: Drop-In - This jump isn't going to start with me being crushed by Zeera's rear-end again, right?...right?
Age: 12 - I'm twelve years old and I'm already in superjail.
Path: Katsujinken - A leaf in the wind.
Ki: Dou
Style: Unarmed - Why is it one or the other? Sheesh. Fine, I guess my hand to hand is rusty with all the swordplay, lately.
Martial Arts: Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Tai, Jujutsu, Karate [800] - Further mastery is required.
Perks:
Hidden Weapons
Probing Eye - I see you. [650]
Brainwashing - LET'S ALL BE BEST FRIENDS~. [350]
Master's Body - Post-jump. Damn. I. Look. Fit.
Strength and Endurance - Wham. Bam. Thank you ma'am. W-wait, I didn't mean it like that! Shut up! [200]
Speed and Agility - The fastest. [350]
Enhanced Ki - You. You I like. [50]

Gear:
Data Book - Neat.
“Sword” - Neat, again!
Victory Medals - Achievables! [0]

Companions:
Master - Whew! Glad that's over...eh? Who's that weird fellow in the cloak?
Disciple - Who's this loser.
Neither are taken along for the rest of the chain.

Drawbacks:
The Shadow War [400] - Oh boy.
Loveless [500] - ...free points? Maybe?
>>
>>49770107
The enhanced body, mind, and vast pool of spiritual energy is just something you have. The ability to channel the energy of the world is the super mode.
>>
>>49770157
Can you explain this?
>>
>>49770158
So the fact I'm only 12 in this world doesn't seem to impede people from not questioning my presence in an arctic Superjail. Mercifully, the Durandal gets me out in short order, with some help from Nymph. We land somewhere a bit warmer when I find a weird fellow. When I say ‘weird fellow’, I mean an old man who is somehow seven feet tall and has enough muscle to make an 80s action movie hero look like a total wimp. Apparently, I'm his disciple now, and that involves training.

That is, hell.

Almost all of my companions go off to do other things while I'm basically spending the remainder of the jump in a boot camp from hell. I'm also forbidden from using the rest of my powers whenever possible, even the all-important Spiral Power. Seems he got tipped off by the benefactor. I sometimes spar with my new rival, other times I'm attacked by other Disciples from YAMi, and sometimes even Masters. Then I'm effectively kicked out of the nest and left to fend for myself.

If you've ever seen a Jackie Chan movie, it's a pretty accurate portrayal of how things play out. It's basically a one man show for most of the jump, my companions making various excuses on why they're busy. I'm not sure if they wanted me to sort things out on my own or if they were messing with me. Or maybe it has something to do with not trusting my judgment after I started an eight-man war on what was basically an entire organization of not-Angels. Could be anything, really.

It doesn't take long for me to be punching with the best of them.

I've decided that inactive companions just fuck off to have unrelated adventures or slice-of-life that has zero impact on the jump's events from the Jumper's perspective. I am not a fan of the funbox. Also means the har-ADVENTURING PARTY can grow larger.

No I didn't make a mistake shut up.
>>
>>49770157
I wasn't sure how else to do it. The series got kinda cluterfucky towards the end.
>>
>>49769444
Any suggestions from the Thread on items or any more drawbacks?
>>
>>49770193
We were told that the reason Kushina was chosen as the Nine-Tails' host was because she had some special super-chakra that would aid her in subduing the demon. Combined with the fact that her seal was made out of the chakra chains, and most people assumed that the chains were the unique trait of her chakra that she was talking about. But then Karin manifests the chakra chains in a fit of tsundere rage, so evidently it's not actually unique and just an Uzumaki thing. I guess Kushina's unique chakra was something else that hasn't been revealed.

>>49770209
And as I said, it's fine. My problem is with Kishimoto, not you.
>>
>>49770297
So basically chakra chains are the uzumaki version of mangekyo?
>>
File: Gamer 2.png (698KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer 2.png
698KB, 800x1296px
Fuck it, I'm bored. Time for Gamer/Minion Master tosses.

The Gamer Chain-
Concept-Overlord Native-Chain, a Gamer like Ainz who got sucked into the New World. Built the way I would build a character for an MMO, Minions and Buffs for Minions.
Has a Gamer mind-set for most of the chain, trying to exploit anything he can, and to get more Minions and Buffs.

Companions- Forsetti(Harem), Gnarl, Lilith(Harem), Mooks, Lupa d'Angela(Harem), Akitsu(H), Yashima(H), Haihane(H), Waddle Dees,
Heather(H), Genie, Female Hades(H), Felyne(Not named),Arianrhod(H), Otis, Milo, Chara(SAVED, and Podded), Dante, Chel, Strange Man,
Bass, Mordred, Tristan, Pheonix(Pet not full Companion),Canine Warriors, Fair Eyes, a Sidereal Half-caste, Gaia(H), Black Egret Army,
Pet Dragon, Pet Wyvern, Pet Aztec Rex
>>
>>49770332
I guess. The Uzumaki are descended from the Sage of Six Paths, too, no reason they can't get in on the ridiculous power ups out of nowhere racket.
>>
[Free or ??? cp] - Death Aspect
When a hollow is ‘born’, they are consumed by their own negative emotions, which causes their soul chain to corrode. The more negative emotions they feel, the faster they turn into a hollow. However, more often that not, one major emotion will stand out, and will become the defining characteristic of their personality as a hollow. This is referred to as their Death Aspect. Normally it’s impossible to know, and the closest you will ever get is via guesswork. However, you can choose your aspect. The free version will merely change your personality somewhat, and provide a theme for your power and useage of said power. The ??? cp version will provide you an actual affinity for the emotion, allowing you to theoretically create high tier techniques. Perhaps something like using ‘Isolation’ to trap your opponent in a prison dimension?
>>
>>49770528
[Free or ??? cp] - Animal Physiology
Along side the Death Aspect, hollows are also beastial in nature. Most of them resemble beasts of one sort, with very few exceptions. The Gillians for example, are vaguely humanoid, but turn back into beasts when/if they become an Adjuchas. Ironically, the Vastro Lord can be described as though someone took that animal and turned it into a suit of armor. It’s only when becoming an Arrancar that hollows look genuinely human again. The free version will provide you with a visual theme, as well as have a small effect on your fighting style - a snake might favor quick but weak strikes, where a gorilla would prefer slow heavy ones. The ??? cp version will provide you with an actual affinity for the animal, as well as a few ‘required secondary powers’. Something like talking to your animal, and getting along with them without them being afraid of you as a soul eating monster. In addition, you might get an extra power, such as night vision from a cat, or echolocation from a bat. Or perhaps it could merely enhance one of the hollows natural powers, such as how some lizards can regrow limbs enhancing your regeneration.

What are good prices for these? They aren't origin perks, just generals.
>>
>>49770528
100 to 200, potential to create you own techniques is not as highly valued, if I'm remembering the argument right, because of the fact that anything not CP bought is less Fiat inforced than what you buy with CP.

>>49770542
200 to 400, these are enforceable decisions and thus are pretty much exactly what the above example isn't.
>>
>>49770203
Jump 25: Devil May Cry - Oh. This isn't the new one, right? No? Okay, good.
Era: Devil May Cry 4 - I have no idea what to expect. Should be fine, right?
Age: 18 - Woo, legal drinking!...wait, I can change my age at will now, why should I care?
Origin: Devil Hunter [900] - Yup.
Perks:
Cu-Rah-Zee! - Nice.
Taunting - Like the French.
Weapon Swapping - LESS TO CARRY. THANK GOD.
Down with the Sickness - ...that was awful.
Tacticool - I don't fight fair. I think we've established this by now.
Strength - I. Do. Lift. [800]
The Sickth Sense - Got sick of being ambushed constantly. [600]
Dexterity and Reflexes - Nice. [500]
Weapon Crafting - Infinite ammo. INFINITE AMMO. [400]
Smooth Criminal - Can you keep up with me? [300]
Regeneration - I REALLY need this, at this point. [0]

Items:
Sick Clothing - Dig the blue jacket.
Normal Weapon Cache - Guns. Lots of guns.
Unlimited Supply of Pizza - YES. [50]
Unlimited Supply of Strawberry Sundae [0] - MORE YES.

Styles:
Gunslinger
Swordmaster
Royal Guard Style - Try and keep up! [500]
Quicksilver - NO MORE TEMPORAL BULLSHIT. [300]
Dark Slayer - Silly name, but...[100]

Drawbacks:
Limited Ammo [200] - Just one more jump of logistical problems, right?
Fill your Dark soul with LIIIIIIGHT [300] - Sakura if you record this I swear to god.
Nemesis [700] - You're no [Demon on Wheels]! You're NOTHING compared to her!
>>
>>49769600
So long as you make it clear that the Jumpchain is just a spin-off of the quest you can go nuts, for all I care.

My only criteria is that if you make it then make it good.
Half-ass it and I'll get miffed
>>
>>49770679
So I'm once again somebody's understudy, except this time it's literally featuring Dante from Devil May Cry. Contrary to my impression of him, he's a pretty happy-go-lucky fellow who really likes his job. Either that or access to unlimited pizza made a good first impression on him. I follow him around, tackle things related to demons where available...eventually we deal with some guy named Nero and a cult he's part of? I don't know, I'm more preoccupied with the fights and a demonic rival of mine. It's not THE Demon, though.

...I never thought I'd actually miss our races. It was a little bit of consistency in the chain outside of my companions, and now it's gone. I worry I'll never meet a foe like her ever again. I don't have the courage to try and defy the benefactor by using the Treasure of Life...I doubt it'd even work at this point.

Anyway, I've become so handy with a sword at this point I practically paint red with it. I wanna be in the market for something less goofy-looking than the Keyblade, though...maybe I'll find one in the next jumps?

Should I duel Dante for companionship?
>>
>>49770209
Will Uzumaki bloodline substitute for Senju for Rinnegan?

What happens if we buy both Senju and Sharingan but not Rinnegan? Can we eventually awaken it on our own?
>>
>>49770759
Do it.

One more slot taken by a bro means one less slot for you to waifu people with.
>>
>>49770759
>>49770679
Give it time, I got plans for DmC jump but too much on my plate to actually claim it

Wait wasn't Uncle Dante going to update DMC soon?
>>
>>49766969
I don't, 'cause the rules still kill me.
>>
>>49769600
Oh and one more thing...
I've seen you talk shit about my Quincy updates...

Tell that shit to my face once I'm done with tomorrows thread you punk ass bitch
>>
Speaking of naruto, how do you think kaguya would react to a surviving member of the kaguya-clan? I imagine with death.
>>
>>49770793
Yeah, because Red got triggered by jumpers using DMC to get what should have been in Bayo, and she's making him nerf it.
>>
>>49770850
check the archives. He confirmed that is not the case When I asked Him.
>>
>>49770888
It's scatovore. Report and DO NOT FEED.
>>
>>49770888
Now now tera, assumptions are poor. We all know the reason. Don't be as bad as her again with encouraging this.
>>
>>49770828
The same way she reacts to everyone: Shouting at you to give her your chakra, then wrapping you up in giant vines until you do so. There's nothing special about the Kaguya clan just because they coincidentally share a name with her.
>>
>>49770899
sorry, Cant tell the various anonymousses apart. besides, if he's trying to stir something up Wouldn't it be best to directly Refute him and discredit his argument?
>>
File: report and ignore shitposts.png (32KB, 342x267px) Image search: [Google]
report and ignore shitposts.png
32KB, 342x267px
>>49770958
NO. STOP FEEDING HIM.
>>
Rolled 576 (1d1000)

>>49770759
Okay, friendly duel with Dante. Higher is better.
>>
>>49770850
How? Bayonetta and DMC aren't in the same universe. There are a lot of references in Bayonetta to DMC, but that's all they are: references. What, did UncleDante add some 0CP "these two series count as being in the same universe" drawback? I thought we were against putting things in jumps just for the sake of dumb memes.
>>
>>49770826
>>49770704
>>49770542

The creator of quest shit talking jumpmaker who tries to make jump for the quest and essentially threatening them if it's not good.

This is delicious.
>>
>>49770995
Bayonetta jump says it's the same verse and I believe it was actually confirmed to be the case
>>
I want newfags to leave.
>>
>>49770989
You know how I said I worried about not finding anymore foes who could give me the fight of my life? Well, Dante might not have been trying to actually kill me, but the dude hits like a fucking truck. I used every trick at my disposal until it just came down to a total brawl. Using OOO Combos were too big of a drain, so it was down to everything else.

I win, if only by the skin of my teeth. I passed out like ten seconds after. But I now have Dante part of my traveling group. Means I need to bench the Canine Warriors, but they don't mind that much. They're happy to lounge around in the meantime.
>>
>>49770995
It's the same universe. It's just that the Bayo jump is horrible and fails to reflect the setting's power level and is ripe with arbitrary nerfs, forcing us to go through DMC to get anything worth a damn.
>>
>>49770999

Are you implying that me wanting the jump to be of good quality is somehow bad?

I haven't realized people in Jumpchain were fine with having shit content.
>>
>>49771018
Nope, neither Mikami nor Capcom has ever stated that DMC and Bayonetta are in the same universe. As for the Bayonetta jump stating that it and DMC are in the same setting, that would allow you to take the Bayonetta jump to grab things from DMC, not the DMC jump to grab things from Bayonetta. A jump's rulings on what counts as being canon to it (such as continuity drawbacks like we have in Legend of Korra, for example) only apply to it, not to the jump it's referencing. Otherwise I could overrule any jump I wanted to with Saint Elsewhere.

>>49771046
It's not the same universe, though. That's just a fan theory.
>>
>>49770958
Tera, just shut the fuck up. You aren't helping.
Ever.
>>
>>49771060
No see there is a person (or a few people) who try to dhit up the thread as much as possible, like every day, nonstop.
>>
>>49771060
I think he's just saying that he finds that exchange amusing is all.
>>
>>49770995
It's a case of the universes are separate due to having different publishers, but the director Hideki Kamiya has made a lot of implications about it and that a lot of fans treat it as being the case. I got the feeling from some stuff Hideki Kamiya has said that he would like them to be in the same universe but due to not owning both properties he can't make it true.
>>
>>49771060
Nah we love good quality stuff but we've literally had a dedicated person or persons who are trying to get the thread itself permabanned. They (the aforementioned shitposter/s) just want your statement to be seen in the most negative light possible by lamp-shading your attempt at humor. Welcome to Jumpchain!
>>
>>49771126
Still makes it just a fan theory. One the creator might like, but it's not canon. A jump maker could put in a 0CP drawback based on the fan theory, but that doesn't mean you can just assume they're in the same universe without canon to back it up. The DMC jump says nothing about Bayonetta (yet, Uncle Dante could put it in with the rewrite, and that would be fine), so it's unreasonable to assume you can get to Bayonetta from there.
>>
>>49771042
Yo Heavens, does 'A New Day' from Boktai only work on soil, or can it work on other things such as the insides of buildings and structures?
>>
>>49771062
Look at the story behind the Redgrave name. Then look at the spider demon in Inferno and DMC1's boss. Then the Bracelet of Time's description, which references Sparda.

It's pretty fucking obvious. It's why DMC shouldn't be nerfed, so we can actually get something useful from that world rather than sit here and let Red claim things are too OP when Rick and Morty let's us bust multiverses. No such thing as too powerful with that benchmark out there, just saying.
>>
>>49771228
It needs soil.
>>
>>49771240
Didn't she say that the Lumen Sage/Umbra Witch trees start you at around Jean-level and allow you to train up from there?
>>
Whelp I'm heading to bed now. See you beautiful people later. Bye /JC!
>>
>>49771240
All of those are just Easter Eggs. Until confirmed by the author, they mean nothing. Plenty of content creators put references to their prior work into their current work. You can't just assume that it's meant to be taken as the two worlds being the same one. You're trying to take cute little call-backs to Shinji Mikami's previous games as an excuse to hop universes. It doesn't work, anon. I don't give a shit about your grudge against Red. You can think whatever you want to about her. But you're wrong, and you need to stop claiming your fanon is truth.
>>
>>49766959
Hmm...I think you probably have a point there. The pacing itself probably isn't on point, halfway through I probably put the foot on the accelerator and it's probably led to a very rapid climb.

Ok. I'll mark this down on the project board and see if I stretch the body out and attach some extra organs into this thing. Thanks anon, good to have your input.
>>
>>49771260
She gets mindraped by Angels and can't do shit without Bayo. She even spends most of the second game helpless and dead. That makes it a worthless gesture because it leaves us useless and unable to do anything to the plot, to say nothing on being unable to pod Jubileus because "m-muh OP"

It's all fucking useless. Make us relevant or give the jump to someone who will, don't taint the DMC jump like a whiny whore.
>>
>>49771240
I guess that means MGS happens in the same universe of Bokai, since the Solar Gun from Bokai Lunar Knights is in there.
>>
>>49771260
Stop feeding him.
>>
>>49771260
No,not even that:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46705831/#46708012
>>
>>49771407
Looks like the Redfags got BTFO.

Maybe now people will realize we need to fix this shit. Or Black Crusade will have us never go above Chaos Spawn levels because everyone wants to hugbox and suck Red's tiny dick all the time.
>>
>>49771062
Uncle Dante said it is the same universe
>>
>>49767556
Question about BBS: can we import a melee weapon we've already got for Tsundachi?
>>
>>49771497
Can you cite this? Because if so, I'll accept it as jump maker fiat. But I won't accept it as being canon.
>>
>>49771407
Still lets you train up from there, though, so it's all good.
>>
>>49770704
I'll do my best.

>>49770826
Hmm... Not exactly? I heard a bunch of praise about what you'd done with quincies, but when I read it the only new thing was the guy who trained uryu some. Also Nazi quincy, but that was a subplot, I think.

I kinda expect the kid to show up - or maybe that was the guy who trained uryu?

That said, new thread tomorrow? I'll try to be there.

>>49770999
Hey, if I had managed to write as much about one setting as he had, and someone made a shitty jump of it?

I'd be pissed too.

>>49771060
Yes there are, but only because they hate jumpchain as a whole.

By the way, did you see these?
>>49770528
>>49770542
>>
Ok a scale of 1 to 10 how bad of an idea is it to create a device that will beam a signal into an entire planets brain making it so that people become nudists? Is it too far for a prank?
>>
>>49771607
Sanguine go home, you're drunk, drunker than usual.
>>
>>49771607
-5 It's a great idea.
>>
>>49771607
Depends. Will they be able to overcome their nudist tendencies when it comes to situations where clothing is required for protective purposes? If so, it's a bit creepy, but not a terrible thing to do. No more than any other violation of an entire planetary population's free will, at least. If not, though, then you're going to wind up killing a lot of people.
>>
>>49771607
>inb4 some humorless faggot screams magical realm
>>
>>49771642
>>49771640
>>49771626
>>49771617
Well the idea is for it to be temporary so that midway through the day it wears off.
>>
>>49771562
Oh, so you start out as weaker than "literally useless" with a 900 CP investment and can work up to that with centuries of training? Wow, totally not a trap jump...
>>
>>49771607
Well, that's one way to beat Ragyo in Kill la Kill
>>
>>49771656
On the one hand, this sounds like an amusing prank.

On the other, it also sounds like overkill.
>>
>>49771656
I'd feel bad for the people in siberia.
>>
>>49771669
Yes, I'm glad you understand. Good, I was worried that only the shitposter was going to respond to this.
>>
>>49771703
He's saying that you start off as weaker than Jeanne by an OoM and that you can reach her level ("literally useless") with centuries of training.
>>
>>49771562
See >>49771669. That's not a compromise, it's a retarded jumpmaker telling us that it's our fault for being weak and we should enjoy eating Angel shit.

I'd rather have Bancho replace the jump than deal with a worthless dinosaur relic trying to control us.
>>
>>49766959
>>49771325
Kay, I rolled the dice, and the dice told me to clear off Sidonia, so I guess I'll clear off Sidonia before I finish up the Monster Sphere Grid for PAD.

Some changes. No there won't be a pdf because I'm performing surgery on the scenario. There will not be an option to natively become a Chimera. While the arguments posited for that motion had merit in that Chimeras were plot critical and deserved recognition, there are existing methods to become the Chimera. Furthermore, considering the impact of Chimeras on the story, making them available from the get go is essentially breaking the story over the leg from the get go. Due to the very linear nature of Nihei's writing, there is no way to avoid this. So for the folks who want to become a Chimera, make one and mindswap into the body like Ochiai did. Otherwise, my apologies.

In the face of this the entire side perk chain is getting cost slashes. Mostly drops of 100 - 300 CP for the 2nd/3rd level structure perks, so they don't immediately need drawbacks to grab.

That's all, if people still have things they want to add they should speak up before I finish.
>>
>>49771752
Yes, I know. I understood what he said, you didn't to explain it.

>>49771764
I don't understand. Why is this a bad thing?
>>
>>49771607
Practically speaking? Like a 2 or 3 out of ten, just don't give them nudity based superpowers by accident. Morally speaking? Worse than my idea to make a whole country disappear.
>>
>>49771784
Bad timing.
>>
>>49771752
I think Red did at least say that learning/training perks can reduce that time.
>>
>>49771792
>why is a trap jump with overpriced garbage a bad thing

Put your trip on, Red. Or better yet, kill yourself so we can exorcise the taint you force on us. Exhausted was right about you.
>>
>>49771681
Go big or go home right?

>>49771695
Yes.. they may want to stay inside.
>>
>>49771784
Question for clarification: Does the "no native way to become a Chimera" bit include importing companions? Because that does have the same problem of "breaking the story over the leg from the get go", so I can understand if you feel the need to cut it. On the other hand, cute Chimera waifus. We all know that's the real reason people want access to Chimeras, there's no point in denying it. It would be a bit disappointing to lose that. Although, I suppose people could still just make Chimera and transfer said waifus into them, there's nothing stopping that.
>>
>>49771852
Hah! I wish I was Red, just so I could lay claim to how much anger she gives you. No, I'm just someone who thinks that you deserve every bit of nerfing you get just for being such a shitty whiner. I suggest a "two for flinching" policy, where any time someone complains about a nerf we double down on said nerfing. We'd need some quality control services so people don't abuse that just to fuck with jumps, though, but I think it's probably implementable.
>>
>>49771921
That's pretty clearly not implementable.
>>
>>49771921
Dude, you're shiting up the thread too by replying to him.
>>
>>49771845
Oh I know. I kinda just wanted to interject because watching them go back and forth was disgusting me, but I didn't want to release another WIP when I don't have one up to a release ready IC status. Besides, I'm making Sidonia for like....5 anons?

If I successfully pull them away, great, if not, well I can't do that much as just another jumpmaker.

If every one of those guys bickering made a jump though, we'd have plenty of jumps. It'd be great if they all made jumps better than mine too, which I'm sure they're capable of, considering I suck at jumpmaking haha. It'd be a better application of time that's for sure.
>>
>>49771921
...That's probably one of the worst ideas I've seen suggested in these threads.
>>
>>49771752
See 0:36 to 0:53. You'll take your weakness and be happy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waKEDvZ3avI&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>49770759
>>49771042
Jump 26: Bayonetta - What a lovely day today!
Location: Crescent Valley - Sure is a lot of nothing over here, Cap'n.
Origin: Investigator (Drop-In) Call me Detective Nona!...Anon. I meant Anon. Gah.
Age: 26 - Still doesn't matter, but I like seeing where the dice end up!
Perks:
Inexplicable Innuendo - I guess I shouldn't be so -hard- on myself! Get it?...oh god that was awful, Dante shoot me if I do that again.
Jingle of Jazz - Joe is going to love this.
Classy Contortionist - I'm still not sure what to do with things like this. Super Yoga?
Environmental Excursion - Wait so you're telling me I can fight without people staring at me?...AWESOME.
Perks:
Follow That Trail - The plot is in this direction!
How Did You - Never again will I...um. Why do I need to break and enter, again? I'll probably figure something out. [900]
Out of Left Field - SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER. [700]
Bonus Package [600] - BONUS JUMPER. VERY JUMPING. MUCH MISSILES.
Special Delivery x2 [300] - How many tons is this now? This is almost getting into party trick territory.
Immaculate Hair [200] - NEVER AGAIN WILL I HAVE BALD SPOTS.

Items:
Grappling Hook - My inner child is satisfied.
Detective Scarf - SCARF SCARF SCARF I LIKE THESE.
Got To Have Style x2 [50]
Fancy Costume - I might need to buy an actual wardrobe at this rate. [0]

Weapon Customization
From Another Land [150] - Importing my fae-made broadsword. Also going to make it into a katana. Because I can.
Stylish Senses - Just so. [950SP]
Angelic Hymn Gold LP Track - I have a literal chorus when I unsheathe this thing. [900SP]
Fixer-Upper - I mean it was already unbreakable, but now it's unchippable. [800SP]
Extra Force - Slam. Wham. Bam. [600SP]
Smasher - SMASH. [400SP]
Speedy Speed Boy - ...I'm probably going to run into a wall at least once. [200SP]
Spiritual Striker [0SP] - Not being among the flesh doesn't mean you're invincible.
>>
>>49771852
>>49771921
Could the two of you please just meet in real life and either fuck or battle to the death. Preferably while falling from an airplane a couple miles up without parachute.
>>
>>49771888
Nope. I recognize the very obvious contradiction in this, but by now the element of the Chimera companion is deeply ingrained enough that I don't really care to remove it. They'll still have that as an option.

If I really was pulling to maintain plot fidelity I could have them start off as a human sized mini Chimera or something so hiding them on the Sidonia (for folks not taking the scenario) would be easier. But as it is, unless somebody argues very strongly that I'm being a hypocrite and not closing all the conflicts off, I'll leave that option in as is.
>>
>>49771961
>It'd be great if they all made jumps better than mine too, which I'm sure they're capable of, considering I suck at jumpmaking haha.
That is a damn dirty lie and you know it. Speaking as one of the approximately five guys you're making Knights of Sidonia for, I just want to say that your jumps are some of my favorite out of the entire collection.
>>
>>49771792
You know what, I'm going to state my bad opinion, even though I sincerely doubt anything will come of it.

To keep things simple, I feel as if the way the starting powerlevels for Umbran/Lumen background were handled created an extremely binary choice where you (barring outside perks but basically every non-Endjump jump breaks down if you start accounting for OCP powers heavily) either take a non-magical background so as to interact with the plot and the world's characters through non-combative means, or you take the magical backgrounds and just let the plot solve itself so you can get phenomenal cosmic powers some odd centuries of training later. I know there's nothing stopping you from just skipping out on any fighting and using your basic human ability of conversation and reasoning to try and get you through anyway, but for a jump based on a character action game, that's rather dissapointing.

I'm not asking that she let us be a moon/planet wrecking godslayer like Epilogue Bayonetta out of the gate, but still. Starting as a literal mook is harsh.

If anyone can prove these beliefs wrong, then I'd love it if you did so, as it would likely raise my enjoyment of the jump.
>>
>>49772011
...I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing, where I am, where I'm going, what I should be doing. This entire valley is honestly more intriguing to the nerds in my party than it is me. So basically just Serena. I guess we can do some investigating and history research before I fire up the Durandal and pick a more interesting part of the w-

Oh hey a bunch of angels are here. They're, uh...they're kind mean-looking though. Like ‘hello I am an art student and I love the Old Testament’ kind of mean. I have no idea what they're saying, either. Thinking all we needed was a peace offering, Frisk offered them one of our pizza boxes from the Warehouse (much to Dante's annoyance). They promptly smacked Frisk off the cliff and into the gorge below.

Okay, scratch what I said before. I know exactly what we're doing now. I hope you enjoyed living, whatever-you-are.
>>
>>49772011
>encouraging the trap jump
You can stop posting now, thank you. We don't want to hear it.
>>
>>49771961
I've never read any of Tsutomu Nihei's work, so I can't comment on those jumps much, other than to say I like them.
>>
>>49772017
You know, I've proposed that to my counterpart, before. He never takes me up on it. I wish he would. I agree that the two of us murderfucking each other in mutual annihilation would probably be best for mankind, but he just won't go for it.
>>
>>49771519
Here you go m8

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48935821/#48938387

Also interesting bit http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48951990/#48960584
>>
>>49772032
In hindsight, I think the reason they attacked us in the first place is because we had Dante and Serena in the party, both of whom are at least part-demon. But by the time my rational mind had kicked in and we had recovered a still-living Frisk from the gorge, I had already pissed them off enough to become regular harassment targets. The attacks would die down a few times (I suppose that's around the time the actual plot happens), but eventually they kept coming full fuck force. Our battles turn into ‘fight what we can win, retreat when we can’t, then fight and win when they fall into our traps'.

Occasionally, we run into some quirky folks who are on the side of Paradiso, each of whom has their own tragic backstory and incredibly hammy appearance. I think one of them was a combat Nun with ridiculously huge...um, weapons. I have no idea what the actual Bayonetta is up to, but if this is what she deals with on a regular basis...uhm. I'm not sure what I think. It's like I crossed into the unholy lovechild of Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, and a clothes store commercial.

How many Lumen Sages are there, again? I feel like they might be an issue if I run into them.
>>
>>49772025
To be honest, I kind of actually do like the idea of them starting as a mini-Chimera, just because that sounds cute. But I can get that from purchases already available in the Chimera customization, the remote body option combined with the shapeshifting one. So it's all good. And I don't care too much about the contradiction. It's not exactly comparable, because the perks you get to yourself be a Chimera grant you different capabilities than what the companion Chimera has. So it's not like "oh, the companion can be a Chimera, but we can't, that's real fair", since they're two different things even in the current document.
>>
>>49772050
>How many Lumen Sages are there, again?
There's only one.
>>
>>49771961
I want Sidonia too, Dirge!

I just stopped reading it back when there were no more scans past the very creation of that second chimera that was male and I forgot stuff and would have to reread it. Anime helped.

Fuck, when was it still unfinished?
>>
>>49772025
Different guy, but if Chimeras are off the table I assume a full Gauna option is also off, even with mandatory scenario/drawbacks/what-have-you? Also, the tiny Chimera thing sounds pretty cool. Could you make that an option or something?
>>
>>49772134
It finished in September 2015, so you're off by at least a year.
>>
>>49772134
Manga is finished, ends off rather optimistically, and not as vague as Nihei's other works either, so it's a nice note. Big bads are dead and gone, though the Gauna are presumably still a problem.

>>49772102
Adjustment noted: you can optionally tweak the initial size of your Gauna friend (waifu?), though growth into a full grown Gauna afterwards will take time dedication and love. Well more just time but you get the point. Otherwise I'm leaving the Chimera issue as it is with the changes thus far.
>>
>>49772170
You mean I binged it in 2014?

Huh
>>
>>49772182
...GEE THANKS FOR SPOILING IT!

I hit a "wait for translation" wall back before it was finished and forgot to come back to it, that is what I meant. Anime helped remember some stuff.

And I nearly avoided all spoilers. Nearly
>>
>>49772050
>>49772127
Okay apparently there's only one left and he's the one the plot revolves around. Considering we're basically a roadtrip of traveling jackasses with various powers, transformations, and other shenanigans...I imagine we're pretty low on his priority list compared to the whole ‘Eyes of the World’ thing. So aside from angel fights, we go on out, travel the world, and party it up. And I got a shiny new(er) sword and a snazzy scarf to go with the hats I got from Kamen Rider.

Call me Anon, Ace Detective. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire - The J-Team.
>>
>>49770927
What's special about them is that they're direct descendents of her like the Hyuga, Uchiha, Senju, and Uzumaki. But she she doesn't seem to give a fuck about those clans in general either.
>>
>>49772182
Alright, sounds good. I look forward to seeing the finished product, man.
>>
>>49772165
When we're talking about Chimeras it was exclusively a motion that people had because they wanted a Jumper option to become a Chimera. This is the part that I was debating on, and also part of my "hypocrisy" that I mentioned up earlier.

Chimeras are in via two methods:
The Apotheosis chain to create Chimeras -> brainswap yourself into them.
The Companion option with bodyswapping.

As such, the full Gauna option is technically still available via the same means (the difference is that it's cheaper now)

>tiny Chimera
It's in via the current companion options.

>>49772184
Time flies.
>>
>>49772244
Everyone with a bloodline is a direct descendant of hers. The Hyuga, Uchiha, Senju and Uzumaki just have special position because they've mutated less over the generations and are closer to the source.
>>
File: 1472094352653.png (351KB, 610x342px) Image search: [Google]
1472094352653.png
351KB, 610x342px
>>49772031
>You know what, I'm going to state my bad opinion, even though I sincerely doubt anything will come of it.
Allow me to add my worse opinion.

Sages/Witches are pretty strong. We really can't deny that, they start off fairly strong. However, they also kind of take everything else in the setting and shitstomp it from what we've seen, and no amount of "but they all died in the Witch Hunts" will detract that view. So how do you balance that against the other backgrounds who's big gigs are "sneak around really well" like Luka or being one of the many scholars who search for the occult in the world? Which I might add, Bayo shows up the former so much it's not even funny, while the latter never makes an impact outside of lore pieces the player keeps finding.

It turns the whole thing into pic related.

Even Weapon Crafters, which was based off of Rodin, for all his might the guy is stuck to an NPC role and in his boss fight, Bayo still fucks him up. It inevitably means Sages and Witches (and by proxy anyone who deals with Aesir stuff) will be far and beyond seen as the only 'worthwhile' backgrounds because of... reasons I guess. Strictly speaking, on an in-jump, internal view, there has to be a way to balance that with the other backgrounds. So I had figured starting them off as newbies with potential would assist so the other backgrounds weren't just wasted space.

I could bump up the starting power for Sages/Witches/Aesirites, but you also have to realize that would mean I'd have to jack the background prices up by comparison to reflect that. If you're okay with an inflated price then I could do something, but so far all I've gotten is "how dare we not be Bayo or Balder immediately" which is the opposite of useful critique. At this point I've actually begun to just ignore anything that involves bitching about not being Bayo level off the bat because it offers no solutions, no useful information, and absolutely no interesting viewpoints.
>>
>>49772215
IT'S A TOTALLY NIHEI ENDING OK. IT WAS NEVER GOING TO END ANY OTHER WAY.

Seriously Nihei just throws a story on top of the scenery and mech porn he wants to draw. It's not as bad as Five Star Stories and Nagano but it's getting there.

Just find a place to reread the manga and go through all it once anon
>>
>>49772288
This is really not a good time.
>>
>>49772282
Bzzt, wrong.

There are two ways in which chakra was spread around. The first is by the Sage of Six Paths using his powers to grant people chakra. This is where almost everyone gets chakra from, and originally the majority of ninja clans get their abilities, through mutation + this.

The second is direct descent. From Kaguya's family. The Sage and his brother's children, who had their own children, and on and on. We know for a fact that their descendents ultimately created those five clans, Hyuga, Uchiha, Senju, Uzumaki, and Kaguya.
>>
>>49771961
I love your jumps dirge, plus I wants to be a giant fleshy abomation monster in space.
>>
>>49772353
But it's never a good time. At least she answered and stopped hiding in IRC this time.
>>
>>49772358
I know that chakra was spread around by the brothers (everyone always forgets Hamura. Poor Hamura.). But that's just responsible for people being able to access their chakra. All the unique powers come from space ninja genes.
>>
>>49772441
And weird fruit. Dont forget weird fruit.

Plus the entire plug and play anatomy thing they got going. The place is a shoggoths wet dream.
>>
>>49772288
Go ahead and leave it the way it is. It's just one guy complaining, and a mild power increase is not worth jacking up prices and screwing most builds.
>>
>>49771607
Cloths offer protection from the elements and surprise buttsex, thus nudism will not be beneficial to most.
>>
>>49772288
Newbie level is this >>49772007 , right?
>>
>>49772457
Fair enough. The magic god tree fruit did play a big part, and technically that thing is native to Naruto's planet. So it's not all space ninja genes. And if I'm being fair there probably was some mutation over the years that led to some minor bloodlines. Probably stuff like the elemental bloodlines, those wouldn't need too complex a mutation to work.
>>
>>49772353
it's never a good time though....

>>49772288
what if the balancing point was "not Cannon fodder relative to the Faction They are in with opportunity to grow with time to what we see main characters do"? I think that's mainly what people are asking for rather than being Bayo/Rodin/etc. level off the bat.
>>
File: 1457281302750.gif (944KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1457281302750.gif
944KB, 264x320px
>>49772232
Jump 27: Sword Art Online - Oh hey this music is pretty ni-wait, where? No. No! NOOOOOOOOOOO!
Origin: Drop-In - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Perks:
Flourishes - AAAAAAAAAAAA
Switch! - PROTECT ME, NYMPH!
Critical Existence Failure - Yoink. [700]
This Is, In Fact, My Final Form [100] - And...almost out of points already.
Like Riding a Bike [100] - Never will I dull again!
Tutorial [0] - Easy stuff.

Items:
Digital Projection Helmet - It's deathtrap in a can!
Load Out - This is somehow even more pathetic than my hand-me-down gear I picked up by hand in Pokemon.

Drawbacks:
Crime Prevention Code [300] - Well, nice knowing you, booze.
Aggro [400] - Good doggy...nice doggy!

Let me summarize my thoughts about this jump in image form. Pic related.
>>
>>49772546
Why do you even try? It never ends well for you or the thread.
>>
>>49772288
And now we see why I've never bothered arguing about it.

Powerlevels being powerlevels, I don't think you're going to find a solution to my particular problem, and I can't actually begrudge you for it even if two sixths of the jump are dead to me so long as it stays the way it is.

Considering how long the jump has been around, you'd just end up breaking builds with the buff stuff anyway even if you found a balance to making the combat backgrounds not the obvious correct choice.
>>
>>49772573
because when I made enough mistakes I figure out what I'm doing wrong,and then I make Smaller mistakes.
>>
File: 1272478948036.jpg (57KB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
1272478948036.jpg
57KB, 400x379px
>>49772504
And oh look, my point is completely proven.

Seriously, where did this "if you're not the hero, you're a worthless zero" exaggeration come from? There's more to a setting than just raw power you know.

>>49772578
I'm honestly not afraid of breaking builds. Macross did it, RE did it, I sure as hell did it with Warframe... I think we've proven a lack of fucks as long as the jump is of sufficient quality at the end.

Also you could, you know, offer a solution instead of just complaining? All I've been hearing is "being a mook is harsh" and "you won't find a solution" with no one actually trying to offer some kind of compromise or idea of things other than "ramp it up". How am I supposed to find one if nobody's willing to say anything other than how much I suck?
>>
>>49772441
We're told the five clans are descendent of the sage and his brother.

Where are you getting your assumption that all ninja clans are?
>>
>>49772563
HEAVENS LISTEN, HEAVENS LISTEN
HAREM LISTEN, HAREM LISTEN
>>
File: 1461529714371.png (331KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461529714371.png
331KB, 1280x720px
>>49772635
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>people being this eager to goggle up obvious anti-red posts
Why are you people so fucking stupid?
>>
>>49772667
The new, and the dumb.
>>
>>49772667
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>49772625
Uh, what? What do you expect people to take it as, if not that? There's not really any canon middle ground between what's shown in that boss-fight and Jeanne.

I'm personally fine with the jump the way it is, and time is something jumpers have in abundance.

And those witches were weak compared to a mid-tier angel, I'm not seeing how being killed by something respectably strong makes you a "worthless zero".
>>
>>49772630
I recall it being said in one of the chapters. I could be misremembering, I admit. It was like four years ago. Maybe someone mistranslated something, too.
>>
>>49772358
And moon people
>>
File: MOON.gif (3MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
MOON.gif
3MB, 300x166px
>>49772731
>>
>>49772625
>where did this "if you're not the hero, you're a worthless zero" exaggeration come from
Because that's often the case in a lot of fiction, especially in comics and weeb-shit? Where the hero, for all his might, has a constantly escalating rogues-gallery of people who can kick his shit in and only manages to succeed by pure plot contrivance.

This isn't exactly the case for Bayonetta, but it's not exactly hard to see where such claims come from.
>>
Kek when the Vampire Diaries jump is being updated. Because it wasn't OP enough, right?
>>
>>49772625
okay this is going to be weird and stupid, but bear in mind is an idea of mine. What If the jump happens like 10 years before the war so you don't need to rebalance anything and The jumpers are safe from the conflict?
>>
>>49772861
Then I get the same complaints towards the Madoka jump because the jumper can't affect the plot.
>>
>>49772625
I didn't suggest anything because you already put forward one of two solutions I can think of with the power+price increase. The one other thing I thought of is extremely poorly thought out powergrabby bullshit (hence why I didn't waste your time with it) with making everyone a magic person of moderate power, with the 2 current combat backgrounds staying as-is by being dedicated/focused warriors. Since the big magic stick that potentially lets you do all the crazy shit is independent of how good you are at using it, then there'd be no need to hike prices or start people at the absolute bottom to make it a fair choice. Scholar and the crafting backgrounds might work fluffwise this way if you squint really hard, but Drop-In ends up missing the entire point of (presumably?) being based on that journalist guy.
>>
>>49772877
The jumper can't affect the plot anyway with in-jump offers.
>>
>>49772877
what >>49772886 said. Also, you can include a zero point drawback that does not count towards the drawback Total that will put them in the plot.
>>
>>49772288
In truth, I don't really care about the initial power-level. I had already visited Hellsing, DMC, Soul Eater among others when I hit the Jump, so I had a good enough base.

Raising prices would just fuck up most builds.

Anyway, do you enjoy shitstorms, don't you? Because nerfing something long after the release is just calling for that.
>>
>>49772288
>but you also have to realize that would mean I'd have to jack the background prices up
Ugh... Can you just leave it, please? It's only one person who wants the power increased.
>>
>>49772877
Please just stop replying to all this. Bayonetta is fine the way it is, and keeping this bullshit going is just giving the shitposter what he wants.
>>
>>49772921
No one's nerfing anything. Some asshole just popped up and shouted "someone's nerfing things", and people took the bait.
>>
How do people wank infinite food items? Like, do they just pop into existence? Is it delivered? Do you have a slot in the warehouse that dispenses it? And related to that, what are the best infinite items, food and otherwise?
>>
>>49772947
There's always a delivery boy or girl that shows up at the door in the Warehouse. I have no idea where it actually leads - it's locked and indestructible when it isn't open, and I think my brain blocks out the background when they arrive.

They're always insufferably cheerful about it, too.
>>
File: 1423882715194.gif (222KB, 352x263px) Image search: [Google]
1423882715194.gif
222KB, 352x263px
>>
File: bardingintensifies.gif (343KB, 294x266px) Image search: [Google]
bardingintensifies.gif
343KB, 294x266px
>>49772971
>>
File: bpuy7ZO.png (201KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
bpuy7ZO.png
201KB, 500x644px
>>49772921
>spoiler
No. I don't enjoy them at all. I remember one anon saying "you need to have your jumps compete with other jumps to be talked about" but at this rate I almost don't want anyone talking about my jumps because it comes down to petulant child tantrums eight times out of ten. It's not fun at all.

>>49772938
>>49772945
>>49772921
No one's nerfing anything, I'm not touching a thing with either DMC or Bayonetta. So nobody has to worry about the Red Tainter rushing around and threatening anyone's fun, no one has to worry about some all-encompassing krampus threatening to gobble misbehaving jumpers or something equally retarded.

Your builds are safe.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10PBfThHEPpdO6ptEGM3B0Tn0GUT2zR-7qL2lN1qD5h8/edit?usp=sharing

>Jump-maker adds more free shit to True Immortal
>because the "One True Build" wasn't already bad enough.

kek.
>>
>>49773015
Look if we wanted to deal with SB bullshit we'd be on SB, so piss off.
>>
>>49772731
There's debate on whether the modern Otsutsuki clan are descended from other members of Kaguya's race that arrived in the Naruto world with her and agreed that conquering people and eating their planet was bad, or if they're just descended from the sage's brother and kept the original family name, making them the sixth descended clan. I just didn't want to accidentally start debate about that too.
>>
File: 1469153012956.jpg (144KB, 610x647px) Image search: [Google]
1469153012956.jpg
144KB, 610x647px
I don't suppose anyone has any good ideas for items and companions in Generic Creepypasta? Those are the two big hurdles that I'm having, along with a few more Cryptid features/powers.
>>
>>49772563
It's too bad you haven't been to digimon, most of the megas could probably hack their way out.

Also, don't you keep your powers while in the game? Nothing to worry about.

Or just don't go on the front lines. Be a shopkeeper or something.
>>
File: 1461105531878.jpg (161KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461105531878.jpg
161KB, 910x1024px
>>49773211
I have Nymph in my party. I am not in any need of more hackers, trust me.

Danger is not the reason I am screaming. Being here is why I am screaming.
>>
>>49773192
A closet with a skeleton that pops out.

A phone that picks up ethereal calls from mysterious, unidentifiable ghosts.
>>
>>49773192
Do you have any items at all? If so, which ones do you still need?
>>
>>49773192
Phone could be an item companion that's really good at stealth.
>Who was that
>Phone
>Then who is Phone?

Haunted X, for all your random creepy object needs

Specific well known Creepypasta "people" as companions, including Shia LaBoeuf.

A cabin inna woods

A suprisingly efficient wood chipper for all your body destroying needs
>>
>>49773192
A bunch of pages of creepy text that you can spread throughout an area. Anyone who wants to leave the area is compelled to gather all the pages before they do, instinctively knowing they're there. Fits with all the various Slender-inspired creepypasta games.
>>
>>49773235
I'm pretty sure non-edgelords don't have to deal with quite as many waifus. Unless you're saying you're an edgelord.
>>
>>49773192
Recipes for toxic memetic agents.

Your adventures presented in found-footage form.

Insertion as an Urban Legend/Fairy Tale in future jumps.
>>
>>49773265
It's not that.

I just really, REALLY dislike the setting. Or at least the main story. Not enough to ruin it, but enough to dread waking up in the morning. Canon stupidity is apparently contagious.
>>
>>49773192
A small cult of your own, a flash drive with info on most Cryptids, a creepy monster dog thing, Otis Jiry to narrate stuff for you.
>>
>>49767556
Are the Divine Charms one use per jump, or can you stockpile them and use as many as you have?

Can our companions access the BBS? Is there a way to give heroes on other jumps access to it?
>>
>>49773283
SAO really is gutter trash.
>>
>>49773235
Be the tutorial npc.
>>
>>49773245
So far what I have is an eldritch book of pasta recipes (Drop In, 50 CP), a journal that writes from your perspective when kept on your person (Documenter, 50 CP), a collection of religious texts and myths (Cultist, 50 CP) and a collection of Creepypasta stories based off your exploits (Cryptid, 50 CP), as well as the regular things like a vehicle or firearm of choice and a money option.

>>49773244
>>49773246
>>49773282
>>49773301
>>49773263
These are pretty good; thanks, guys!
>>
>>49773069
But... It was confirmed they were descendants of Sage's brother
>>
>>49773444
For Documenter, how about a horrifyingly complex and overcomplicated camera that is so elaborate that the images it produces are unable to be faked by any other means?
>>
>>49773192
Cultist Chan.

She's horrific.

Please add her
>>
>>49773352
First half was okay. If they changed the main character that we follow for each game, so that Kirito would specialize in SAO but Alfheim has a different person be master of magic and flight better than others, etc, then it would be decent.

Kirito as he is is a video game equivalent of jumper
>>
>>49773478
Was it? I still see people trying to claim they're the OG aliens despite the fact that they don't have the horns and thus have to be at least 3.4 human.
>>
Who here is bored enough to turn a text jump into an image jump? Because I suck at GIMP, and could never get it to work.
>>
File: 1379382001646.png (25KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1379382001646.png
25KB, 499x468px
>>49773496
That makes no sense for a non-40k jump. But a cultist of you, that looks and acts in a similar way could be a fun companion for the Cryptid background.
>>
>reads Jade Empire jump
>no canon companion purchases
>no perk to buy goods from celestial abacus wherever you are

why tho.
>>
>>49773192
Maybe an aspect of one of the major Creepypasta monsters like Slenderman or the City? A cursed video game or movie that you can use to kill off people who play/watch it? Speaking of, maybe a power or item to invoke some stuff like the Ring, only with the Jumpervas Samara/Sadako.
>>
>>49773514
Nope, they're the Sage's brother's kids. This is referenced several times and is even a major plot point.
>>
>>49773605
I don't give a shit about your magical realm.
>>
>>49773627
Did you respond to the wrong person.
>>
>>49772263
>The Apotheosis chain to create Chimeras then brainswap yourself into them.
Wait, so what does the Not Quite Human perk line result in, then? Seeing as at least that perk line gives you Energy Organs. I was going to make a Chimera with the Chimera (researcher perk), take the full Not Quite Human perk line, then then brainswap into my test tube chimera.

Also, does taking the Not Quite Human perk line result in you becoming "Gauna enough" to purchase the Chimera option from Learmond Irons in the scenario?
>>
>>49773576
Cause it was my second jump, hardly my best work, and in desperate need of an update when I get the time. Hardly stands up to many of the modern jumps, but I didn't get much critique when I posted it.

Sorry about that. I'll make a list of things I should consider changing when I have the time to update it. You got anything else?
>>
>>49773692
No, Naruto is the worst fetish.
>>
>>49773486
I think I'm missing something here; are the pictures so good that people who see them accept that they are real, no matter how odd they are?

>>49773496
>>49773569 is pretty much how I feel about it.

>>49773577
When you say "aspect", do you mean like aspects of their abilities or aspect in terms of weaker versions of them as companions?
>>
>>49773743
Weaker versions of them, yes. Far as I remember some of the major creepy pasta monsters are played up to be almost cosmic horrors.
>>
>>49773710
Oh, wow. I didn't know you were still here. I said that kind of jokingly, to be honest.

It's been awhile since I've played JE, though. Zin Bu is really what I remember most, though I may be able to think of something else.
>>
>>49773743
More of the method used to produce the pictures is so gosh darn complex, that everyone acknowledges they couldn't be faked digitally or whatever.
>>
>>49773790
Yeah, I don't post much since I hit a stall with my builds since forever ago, and can't even get into Jump Making since my stuff isn't the best out there. Figure other dudes could handle the settings better.

Still, thanks for taking the jump in the first place. Mind if I see your build?
>>
File: 1474282332870.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474282332870.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>49773192
The gas from the russian sleep experiment.

A usb drive with jvk1166z.esp on it.
>>
>>49769444
Both True Red Eyes and the Mark don't mention your offensive ability/strength. Also, what is above the durability of a town? A city? If so, you should probably change it to that to be less vague. Unless it's intentional.
>>
>>49773705
The Not Quite Human perk line is for more pure Gauna rather than Chimeras, the difference largely being "more flexibility in contrast to the Chimera's more specific" nature.

You can still do it through the method you described, it just takes more work whereas Apotheosis is basically the quick way to produce things that are highly specialized.

And yes, the Not Quite Human line makes Learmond basically consider you as a Gauna.
>>
File: Polybius_9234.jpg (34KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
Polybius_9234.jpg
34KB, 338x450px
>>49773192
how about pic related along with documentation on how to make our own version that has the Kind of Hypnotic programming we want in it?
>>
>>49773605
Alright, then. That just leaves the only debate being whether the Kaguya clan is descended from the Sage or his brother.
>>
>>49770528
>>49770542
Late on both of these, but I wouldn't worry much about pricing until you have a half way complete jump.
>>
http://pastebin.com/HEQB9N7B

So here's the completed perk tree for Captain N, as I get back to work on it.
>>
>>49774104
Probably the Sage, given that they're shinoni from Earth. The brother's clan stuck to the moon in order to keep an eye on Kaguya and the world of the Sage.
>>
>>49773724
>No, shonen is the worst fetish.
FTFY
>>
>>49774282
But the Hyuga are also his brother's descendents. He clearly started at least one clan before he left for the moon.
>>
>>49774205
>http://pastebin.com/HEQB9N7B

This looks really good, especially the Villain capstone.
>>
>>49774294
>SOL shitter
>>
>>49774338
Nah. Plenty of good plotting and action to be had outside of shonen, and as an additional benefit you don't have to deal with Naruto and Bleach screaming autism.
>>
>>49774357
>Naruto and Bleach
Those two fandoms are why I can't stand that genre.
>>
File: shonenmesh.jpg (86KB, 475x660px) Image search: [Google]
shonenmesh.jpg
86KB, 475x660px
>>49774294
You take that back!
>>
>>49774357
Not all shonen is the two you hate, bro.

>Action
Not much outside of some seinen and magical girls.
>>
>>49774294
Well it certainly is faggotry.
>>
>>49774396
There's more to anime than SOL and shonen, bro.
>>
>>49774415
No shit. You mentioned action.
>>
>>49773760
>>49773833
>>49773946
>>49774003
Thanks for the ideas, everyone!
>>
>>49774396
>Not all shonen is the two you hate, bro.
Would you go to a pool that's infamous for having swimmers who shit in the pool? Not some, oops a kid lost control shitting but some hard core drop trou and unload right next to people swimming laps and having fun.

Would you go there?

That's shonen: Bleach and Naruto fags pollute the waters enough that no one should get near them for fear of safety.
>>
>>49774396
There's plenty of action to be had if you're willing to ignore shonen. Outside of Rurouni Kenshin and Toriko I've yet to watch a half way decent shonen series.
>>
>>49774483
...so just watch the shows themselves without going onto /a/ or something for no reason? What kind of fucking moron uses the fanbase as a reason to hate the show?
>>
>>49774525
4chan!
>>
>>49773856
Sure.

>Origin:
>Spirit Monk (200 CP)

>Perks:
>Observing the Wheel (Free)
>Martial Mastery, Viper Style (Free)
>Chi Channeling (Free)
>Supportive Style x2 (700 CP) x2 - Spirit Thief, Heavenly Wave
>Focus (Free)

>Items:
>Mythical Forge (300 CP)

>Drawbacks:
>Annoying Personality (200 CP)
>Fatal Flaw (600 CP- mandatory, no points)

Even with the mandatory drawback, Spirit Monk seems to outshine the other origins.

Also, I'm not really a fan of over half of the jump consisting of canon styles, but I'm not about to ask you to rewrite everything. Actually, that's probably part of why Spirit Monk seems generally more attractive: Spirit Monk gets lots of free shit, in addition to several unique perks. The others get a choice from a non-origin list of mainly mundane styles.

The Spirit Monk 'Capstones' Focus and Harmonic Combinations seem like they would be better as general perks.

Support and Mystical styles could be lowered/raised to 400 CP undiscounted (except more powerful styles like the demon transformations) and replaced with actual origin-specific capstones.

As a disclaimer, I'm not actually suggesting you do any of this, I'm just listing my observations.

Oh, and it's not actually a bad jump, it's just that few things in particular "stick out" as it were.
>>
>>49774483
You don't have to watch other anime to get at shows you like, you dumbfuck.

>>49774499
Yeah and I pointed out the only other two 'genres' that have a decent amount of action shows.
>>
>>49774525
>>49774543
>Did you mean: /m/
I could complain about how shit /myboard/ has gotten but goddamn
>>
>>49774388
That picture clearly belongs to the shota genre and you know it.

>jumper assumes being too young will help them avoid the consequences of too many attractiveness perks.jpg
>>
>>49773192
1000 CP Drawback: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING
>>
>>49774388
Kid Gil's Ea being disproportionately small is funnier to me than it should be.
>>
>>49774976
>The Rapture is Burning
?
>>
>>49770209
Hey, slap some drop-in discounts on a couple of arbitrary things. Drop-in feels underwhelming compared to the other origins.
>>
>>49775117
>Arbitrary things
Bad suggestion to buff your build.
>>
>>49774999
>disproportionately
Meh, hasn't hit puberty yet.
>>
>>49774955
Shota is a genre now?
>>
>>49774955
>jumper assumes being too young will help them avoid the consequences of too many attractiveness perks
That would just get their admirers sent to prison.
>>
>>49775253
Not in most anime universes. Or in most universes set in pre-modern times. Or in most universes large enough the cops can't just easily capture any criminal.
>>
>>49775204
Of porn, at least.
>>
>>49775287
Inb4 serious business moralfag outrage.
>>
Can we talk about the best shard in the Worm jump?
It is, of course, Social Manipulation. No stipulation on using it in combat means you can turn any enemy with a vaguely human consciousness into your best friend while they're trying to kill you, then sic them on their friends. You're basically unbeatable against anything that thinks like a human.
>>
>>49775382
So use realm of myth from civ and make the everything your friend?

Become a new avatar!
>>
>>49775382
We know about Path to Victory, yes.
>>
>>49775447
Clever. I like it.
>>
>>49775382
>>49775481
>Not sting.
Sober up anons.
>>
>>49775382
I like Doormaker, it's great in multiversal settings, makes travel a piece of cake, and makes it easy to create highly defendable fortresses. Plus once it gets jailbroken to have no manton limit it becomes an immensely powerful weapon on par with Sting- there's not much that can defend against space being ripped open through you. Plus it can easily be used to create an unbreakable prison.
>>
>>49775325
Eh, it's not like we're going on about what Haruna does with her magical Negi clones in Negima. Other than rent them out, probably.

>Chisame walks in on Hakase Doing SCIENCE to one, and is understandably confused.
>>
>>49775382
You're gonna get sniped as soon as they figure out how your power works, especially if you're being a murderhobo.

Complete Arsenal is the best power. Even once they figure out how it works, there's not much they can actually DO about it because of how retardedly versatile it is. It is applicable in literally every situation.
>>
>>49775382
I prefer Complete Arsenal, it's whatever powers I happen to need at the time even if I can't choose exactly what they are.
>>
>>49775502
This, you can pull off a lot of crazy portal shenanigans with it.

What's someone gonna do when you open a door directly underneath them that sends them to the other side of the planet? How are they going to defend against you creating one end of a pinhole sized door at the bottom of the ocean, with the other end pointing right at them?
>>
>>49775502
The Meantime Limit should stay post-jump in the new update.
>>
>>49775502
You can get Not!Doormaker in Generator Rex, a lot of the other worm powers are unavailable anywhere else.
>>
File: DASITMAN.jpg (424KB, 572x746px) Image search: [Google]
DASITMAN.jpg
424KB, 572x746px
>>49775521
>what Haruna does with her magical Negi clones in Negima. Other than rent them out, probably.

wat
>>
>>49775565
Why?
>>
>>49775565
It should yes. Just look at he massive upgrades some powers like Doormaker get, becoming a instant kill on almost any opponent from anywhere in the multiverse. Whilst Queen Administrator...gets no boost.

Removing the Manton Limit was one of the worst choices Wormanon made for this jump.

>>49775579
See above. No good reason for it and it hugely unbalances the powers with some getting big buffs and others getting nothing.
>>
>>49775521
>Other than rent them out, probably.
Jumper in a childlike form whores themselves out and then blackmails their customers with evidence of their pedophilia.
>>
>>49775579
Because the Manton limit is a safety feature and removing it could instantly kill you depending on what power you have.
>>
>>49775605
Pffft why go through the hassle? Just magic up or use image software from a supertech world to fake the pictures.
>>
>>49775556
Oh I just got an idea: get a bunch of multitasking perks and then make thousands of dustspeck-sized portals floating around a guy, if he moves they'll cut him to ribbons since it's impossible to move them with force
>>
>>49775628
Apply sting to the air around you, create a zone of death that lasts until sting wears off.
>>
>>49775603
Queen Administrator gets a boost. Not being Manton-limited means it can control any living thing. The Manton Limit isn't as simple as "affects living material or non-living material", it's any limit of a shard's power to a specific thing when its effect should be wider in scope. Removing the Manton Limit from a power means it can apply its effect universally. Everything gets upgraded from losing it.

>>49775619
That's a fair point, though. Some things get dangerous when there's no limit put on them.
>>
>>49775579
Look at this >>49775556 anon. This is a cool anon. He thinks up creative ways to use the power as is, just like Worm the web serial is highly praised for. Same with the guy thinking of the thousands of tiny sharp portals.

Removing the manton limit just brings it down to "Open a portal inside guy's head, instant death". It takes all the creativity out of it and just makes them brute force comic powers again.
>>
>>49775574
>and can only reach dimensions close to your current jump (like sub-planes or maybe hell in DMC)
I don't think that can be used to travel to alternate timelines, plus Doormaker can make portals at the speed of thought basically wherever they can think of
>>
>>49775628
Not how Doormaker works.

>>49775652
Not how Sting works.
>>
>>49775576
During Chapter 235 or so, Haruna creates the "Paru Special High-Performance Practice Golem for Kissing and Random Tasks!! - The Nugi-kun DK-1!!"

Given that her day job is as a yaoi doujin-ka and she "mysteriously" makes lods of emone during the magic world arc are you really going to tell me you don't think she sold time with custom golems?
>>
>>49775655
>Can control any living thing
Wow. So now some things are just near infinitely broken huh? You just get to be Khepri with no downside for free. Great argument for keeping them.
>>
>>49775628
Or, get a bunch of multitasking perks, enough to reach superhuman level. Then, get some mind control perks and use them in conjunction with doormaker to basically control, coordinate, and move an army.

Man, that's cool. I wish someone in Worm had thought to do something like that.
>>
>>49775603
Wow, you're the exact same shitposter that caused the two thread shitstorm last time the Worm update was argued about.
>>
How dangerous is Panty and Stocking? Are there any cataclysms or ethnic cleansings I need to worry about as an Angel?
>>
>>49775655
So what about Transporter? Do we get Full Path to Victory now that it's no longer limited to transporting stuff?
>>
>>49775623
Because sex is fun anon.
>>
>>49775688
He's trying to generate an artificial shitstorm about Worm to try and drive him off today.
>>
>>49775660
Where do you get the idea that Doormaker can't already do that? It says nothing about it being Manton Limited. Powers aren't inherently Manton Limited, it's just something that a lot of them have. If Doormaker doesn't say anything about it not being able to make portals inside living creatures, then it can make portals inside living creatures. If people weren't already using it to instant-kill things in the Worm jump, that just means they didn't realize they could do it.
>>
>>49775679
>Khepri with no downside
You would end up breaking in the same way she did, Manton Limit is a safety feature anon when her power was altered to work beyond its original abilities it fucked her up. Same thing would happen to you.
>>
Part of the issue with "removing the Manton limit" is that it's really ambiguous as to what it actually does. The author of the story himself actually changed what it meant partway through the story.

It's basically just comicbook babble to explain whatever's going on at the moment. Why didn't they do this really obvious thing? Manton limit. Why does his power work in this really stupid way? Manton limit.
>>
>>49775689
The universe stores how many times you've had sex in a variable that can roll over, clearly indicating shitty coding. Panty can't have been the only one to fuck that much.

Now imagine what other important variables might do that. Like your health or MP
>>
File: 2LEWD.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2LEWD.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>49775670
oh god

Whelp. Credit where it's due, I gotta admit pimping out the MC is the most brilliant plan I've ever heard from a harem anime.

>>49775686
Also, that? That works.
>>
>>49775668
How does doormaker work then?
>>
>>49775721
Nope, doesn't say so so I get to be one of the strongest capes in the series free. Darkseid is now my bitch the second I see him.
>>
>>49775723
This. So much this. If we go by one definition, Biological Manipulation just becomes touch based reality warping, whether your touching living or non living matter. If we go by the other it just lets you shapeshift your own body. Two very different effects.
>>
>>49775744
Spacewhale magic that does whatever the plot requires.
>>
>>49775769
Biosculpter*

Mixed up names.
>>
>>49775749
Presumably the thing you're controlling has to be shard-based or otherwise have a CNS. Darkseid's usually a mere avatar in most of his appearances.
>>
>>49775695
Probably not. The Manton Limit is an artificial limit on what a power can do. A Thinker power like Transporter is probably specialized for transportation, because that's the sort of program it has. It's not a general-purpose modeling system that's been limited to only apply to transportation, it's one that's specifically designed for modeling transport methods. Compare that to a telekinetic power that can't affect living matter, when there's no inherent difference between "molecules that are part of a living organism" and "molecules that aren't part of a living organism". That would be an artificial limitation on the power to only make it work that way.
>>
>>49775744
Opens BIG portals. Not ones small enough to cleave yonder adversary in twain. The kind armies of parahumans can stroll through, or doorways for Cauldron operatives. At no point is it suggested the man can weaponise them.

>>49775723
Also HOLY SHIT this. Just stop worrying about buzzwords that are a human mind's crude attempt at comprehensing space whale magic.
>>
>>49775777
No anon, that's a limit. Removing the manton limit removes any limit on the power. The power is controlling living things and thus I control any living thing. Heck, I could make an argue I control non living things too, since that's also a limitation on the power.
>>
>>49775789
Show me where it says that Doormaker can't make tiny doors.
>>
>>49775689
The last episode features a ghost that dwarfs skyscrapers that tries to break in to heaven, and in terms of scale that blew everything else up to that point out of the water.
>>
>>49775779
But the fact that it's PtV but limited to transportation should change when the manton limit gets removed. It's an arbitrary limit on the shard isn't it? It's just a smaller part of the PtV power.
>>
THIS bullshit is why the manton limit should stay. Even people on the same side of the argument can't fucking agree on what exactly it does to powers, much less agree with the other side.
>>
>>49775688
Worst part is they're falling for it.
>>
>>49775789
>At no point is it suggested the man can weaponise them.
To be fair, he may have just not been able to do that on account of the vast number of issues he had. I thought part of the reason he stayed with Cauldron was that he required assisted living, and his personal gig was pretty sweet and easy, all things considered.
>>
>>49775689
>>49775812
And then an Angel stepped on it and killed it. Keep in mind, the series only had one season, and it ended on a cliffhanger. What comes next is unknown. For all we know, Lucifer might show up and be an unstoppable force of nature.
>>
>>49775844
Wasn't he almost totally non functional? He needed another parahuman just to direct his power anyway.
>>
Can Force Manipulation and Telekinesis from Young Justice affect spirits?
>>
>>49775799
No, it removes the artificial limits emplaced by the Entities, not any and all limits that could stand in the way of it granting you omnipotence. You are being deliberately obtuse, and you know this, but you will continue to pretend like you don't understand what I mean because your goal is not discussion but mockery.

>>49775815
No. It's not "arbitrary limits", it's "limits that have no basis in the shard's mechanism". I suppose it's possible that Transporter was originally a full-fledged Path To Victory shard that got restricted to only work for transportation. But it seems more likely that it was designed from the ground up to be for calculating transportation.
>>
>>49775779
The thing is, pretty much every Worm power has a huge number of arbitrary limitations put in place by the shard. Whatever "power" you get is only a tiny fraction of what the shard can actually do.

The whole thing is stupid, really. The Entities are basically savants who, while they can perform ludicrous feats of calculation, are still absolute bakas.
>>
>>49775805
Show me where it says it does. Otherwise, you're just making things up. Also, see >>49775861

>>49775844
I'm not necessarily even saying you're wrong but people are making some seriously unproveable leaps in logic to justify Worm powers doing whatever they want.

I'm just saying, this bullshit wouldn't exist if we were talking about X-Men or Marvel or DC or Young Justice powers.

>>49775858
Interesting question, I would say it depends on the nature of the spirits and how you fluff your powers.
>>
>>49775855
Not quite. Clairvoyant was less for directing his power and more for extending his range. Doormaker could only make portals to places he could perceive, combine him with someone with trans-dimensional remote viewing (and the ability to share it with others), and he had unlimited range. It is true that both Doormaker and Clairvoyant were burning out their brains from continued use of the remote viewing, though. They were barely people, anymore.
>>
>>49775855
I can't remember if he required the Clairvoyant's help, or if it just vastly magnified his powers. I think, and don't quote me on this, that I read somewhere that Doormaker by himself is limited to only making doors in places that he can see. The catch is that, when under the effects of the Clairvoyant's power, he sees EVERYTHING.
>>
>>49775861
Oh, so only artificial limits then. So who are you to decide what is and what isn't an artificial limit? What if all the things you claim are such are really just inherent parts of the power?
>>
>>49775861
>Seems more likely
No, not really. It seems much more likely it's just a limited section of PtV, which it works exactly like, rather then a completely different shard that does exactly what PtV does except only for one thing.
>>
>>49775876
>this bullshit wouldn't exist if we were talking about X-Men or Marvel or DC or Young Justice powers.
That because Worm is deliberately obtuse due to the author being a troll who enjoys telling people they're wrong.
>>
Are the limits to Atomic Density Manipulation and Phasing from Incredibles removed post-spark?
>>
Stop arguing with him. He just wants a shitstorm.
>>
>>49775871
You have a point, there. It's nearly impossible with crystal space-worm biotech to tell where "artificial restriction" ends and "it wasn't designed that way in the first place" begins. Honestly, I regret bringing up the topic in the first place.

>>49775906
I'm not. Worm Anon is, though this is such a clusterfuck that I don't think he'd want to comment on it. I was just talking about things I thought were reasonable. I'm sorry, anons. I just wanted an interesting discussion, I never wanted it to come to this.

>>49775930
Agree to disagree, then. I won't argue with you. I don't care anymore. I've failed at this, like I've failed at everything else. Can't even have a conversation without starting an argument, that's real great of me. Great job, James. You fucked things up again.
>>
Pocket Full of Quarters [200, Discount for Gamemaster] – Okay, that’s not what this item is. You know what it actually is? It’s every arcade game ever made. Yes, ever. While in this jump, you’ll only have ones from the 80s and 90s, post-jump, you’ll have every arcade game ever made back in the real world. As in, YOUR real world. And it updates and expands for every new one. This ever-expanding arcade is a separate attachment linked to your Warehouse. Comes with a stopwatch and an alarm system so you can remember to eat or leave to do jump things. All arcade machines are in free play mode, of course.

Just gonna leave this here.
>>
File: Damn it James.gif (848KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Damn it James.gif
848KB, 500x281px
>>49775949
>Great job, James. You fucked things up again.
>>
>>49775949
Don't try and have discussions about controversial topics past 6pm on weekdays. The shitposter is on then.
>>
>>49775963
>Every arcade game ever made
>Every

So what you're saying is-it's legitimately possible to get lost here if you've been to a hundred jumps, especially those with alternate universes?
>>
>>49775977
>http://pastebin.com/HEQB9N7B
What time zone?
>>
>>49775963
Game on.
>>
>>49775949
>Fucked things up
I guess? You were arguing for something that no one understands or even can understand because none of us have all the info we need to do so and the info we need is actually several different sets any of which could be right or wrong. It's vague and impossible to decipher because Wildbow changed things mid story a few times and refuses to give non troll answers to anybody.
>>
>>49775983
Yes. I recommend using bread crumbs so you don't get lost. It'll be organized like one of those insane Japanese arcades so every exit leads back to the Warehouse, at least.
>>
>>49775987
EST
>>
>>49775876
>Show me where it says it does
When Taylor uses his power to make tiny portals to capture capes as Khepri?
>I used Doormaker’s power again. This time, the portals I opened were only about a foot by a foot across. Four at once.
>>
>>49775949
It's not really your fault the thread has a shitposter chomping at the bit to turn everything into a fight.
>>
Just so you guys know, after constantly falling horrifically behind on the SB thread these last few weeks I've decided to stop bothering to try to keep up with it. Life's picking up and one Jumpchain thread is enough for me for now. On the plus side among the things from life picking up is me finally finding a WoD chronicle, so I can't really complain much. If someone else could try and keep track of what people are working on on SB it would be appreciated.
>>
>>49775944
No. Those limits are in place because souls are canonically a thing in Incredibles and Young Justice. Organic creatures canonically exude a shielding energy which protects them from direct spiritual powers (most of those in Incredibles, for example). Presumably, these metaphysical principles are imported to/always existed in future jumps should you purchase either of those powers.
>>
>>49776063
>after constantly falling horrifically behind on the SB thread these last few weeks I've decided to stop bothering to try to keep up with it

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

>what people are working on on SB

And I've never understood why this is an issue. We do our thing, they do theirs, we all pretend the other doesn't exist. And yet, apparently this doesn't work for everyone?

>>49776087
I'm pretty sure he was just trying to start shit, man. Mainly because I replied to a similar question similarly and he didn't respond at all.
>>
>>49776063
oWoD > nWoD.
>>
>>49776063
>WoD
I just want a werewolf jump; WoD werewolf includes some pretty sweet Kitsune stuff.
>>
>>49775944
This anon is correct >>49776087 .
>>
>>49776146
And so is this anon >>49776113
>>
>>49776159
But the correctestest anon is this anon: >>49764852
>>
>>49776087
>Souls are canonically a thing in Incredibles
Wait, what? Really? When was this stated? Not doubting you , just curious. Was it mentioned by Word of God or something? Because I don't remember the movie stating this.
>>
>>49775963
Literally a trap option if you've been to Kung-Fury.

That fucking nazi arcade cabinet is going to sneak up on you while you're playing Dig-Dug.
>>
>>49776142
o or n?
>>
>>49776212
Since we're already on page 10, what is the best breast related perk in the chain?
>>
>>49776217
I heard there were some comics, so he's probably talking about something in that.
>>
>>49776237
Twilight has hypnoboobs. That good?
>>
>>49776237
Probably the Senran Kaguya one since it stacks multiplicatively with the overall stackable beauty perks
>>
>>49776236
Honestly, I could work with either o or n for that. I'd just like to see some new fluffy tail action.
>>
>>49776237
Just pick up Endowed in body mod 12 times.
You go up one cup size each purchase.
>>
>>49776237
Probably the model jump, if you blow all your CP into the Hand Model perk targeting your tits.
>>
>>49776270
That's just raw size, though. Other perks increase the "quality," which borders on if not goes straight into conceptual beauty.
>>
>>49776237
Also, take the PMD jump and be a Miltank. Now you can claim to be embarrassed when healing people with Milk Drink.
>>
>>49776237
The Road to El Dorado has that one perk that increases the attractiveness of physical attributes.

>>49776270
I've always wondered, does that go from, say, D to E cup, or D to DD cup? For guys, it's inches, which is easy to figure out, but that's been something I've thought about before.
>>
>>49776113
At least some of the content makers there still aim for getting on the /tg/ drive. Would rather avoid issues with someone accidentally getting preempted on a jump because things got overlooked. Better to make it relatively easy and accepting for people who actually want to put in the effort instead of having things disintegrate for reasons completely unrelated to the design of their jump.
>>
>>49776292
Lewd. Way too lewd.
>>
>>49776292
Kicking their asses with Rollout is a much better use of Miltank.
>>
>>49776294
Dude, I appreciate all you've done to try and keep track on them but honestly it's on them to come here if they want to make it onto the drive. I really don't give a shit how scared they are, if they want on the drive they need to come over here and engage with us.

I've seen some sorry shit on 4chan, but some of the sorriest has come from that site and those individuals too scared to post here. Using intermediaries to act as a buffer when dropping a jump is just beyond weak, save for those instances when your internet is genuinely fucked up.
>>
>>49776343
Yes, there's a reason I stopped offering to serve as intermediary after Artemis Fowl and Traveler. Leads to all sorts of screwiness and just wasn't productive. Still, most of them tend to come here when they have a finished product and don't think to claim it here before then. Generally once they've got their first one done they'll come here and hit sink or swim, but having it default to sink simply due to one mistake is a bit much. That's enough for now though, I'm tired and off to collapse.
>>
>>49776427
>Sink by default
Look, if someone here makes a claim then someone from SB who didn't claim posts one, SB can get fucked. The can try to talk it out with the original claimant but they don't get any special treatment because they don't want to follow our rules.
>>
Could a Psyker potentially create an effect similar to a Vortex Grenade and if so which specialty would that fall under?
>>
I must ask if this will work:

In Undertale only our SOUL and those of our companions can be taken out of setting.

What if we Blue Feather or Pod humans with their SOULS from this jump? This way they become our companions. Then when we absorb them at any point later they are part of us. For sake of legalness let's say I didn't clone the blue feathers and just bought more than one at that time

Would this actually work?
>>
>73)Custom Robo
>Rahu

>Victory Fanfare
>Glowing Aura Of Significance
>Expressions
>Test Flight
>Half Dive
>Doppelganger
>Hit Hit Hit
>Down Rebirth
>I Will Not Bow
>Adaptive Evolution
>Stealth Dash
>Before You Learn to Battle, Brawl

>Commander's License
>1100 Dollars
>Auto Closet

>Junk Robo
>It's All About That Robo
>Traumatic Backstory
>Grudge Match

Make some kid cry when his toy robot disappears, get a robo to Rahu as soon as it appears, crush it utterly, then conquer the world myself, as is standard, blah blah blah.

No, the real important thing here is Adaptive Evolution. Vriska always thought I was a pussy for not letting her kill me on my quest bed. Welp, now's her chance. On the last day of the jump, after wrapping up my affairs and making sure the robot I'm leaving in charge of the world government is ready, I challenge the trolls to a duel. I have to bring my Horcrux and wear it so that it can be destroyed too, but I eventually die and get that sweet, sweet damage reduction. I'm going to schedule one of these for the end of every safe jump so I can start building up more resistances.
>>
File: Chara.jpg (174KB, 600x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Chara.jpg
174KB, 600x1376px
>>49776564
Technically it should work, but gaining some companions just so that you can eat their souls is kinda messed up and against the spirit of the jump.
>>
Howdy all I'm back!
>Page 10
Ah well just gonna answer this one and talk shop.

>>49773954
I intentionally left it vague but here is were I originally got the idea for such a description.
http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Durability

>>49776779
Nice pic.
>>
>>49776449
Speaking of SB-when did the Heroes jump get approved for the drive? I last remembered there being a lot of kerfluffle about things like the power copying perk, but now it's apparently complete without images.
>>
>>49776836
There was at first, but he changed how it worked and the thread at the time accepted it.
>>
Best spellmaking perks?
>>
>>49776836
This anon >>49776847 is right, ASA.

It was eventually accepted after the maker removed some of the most blatantly broken options. Though he still couldn't understand why we didn't accept CD.
>>
>>49775382
I ended up rolling Enhanced Mastery this run which I like quite a lot.

Sort of makes you the setting's Batman equivalent which is fun.

Out of setting it really starts to shine as it makes you really good really fast at all sorts of great stuff (bending from Avatar, Harry Potter magic, etc.)
>>
Could I apply sting to someone's clothes? How dead would they be if I did?
>>
>>49776993
Probably a single article of clothing, yeah. Super ded.
>>
>>49776993
>Using one article of clothing at at once through countless dimansions

>Cosmic thong of justice
Thread posts: 445
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.