[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about Thrilling Intent? How foes it rank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 35

File: itunescover1400.jpg (294KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
itunescover1400.jpg
294KB, 1400x1400px
What do you guys think about Thrilling Intent? How foes it rank among other RPG podcasts to you?
>>
Also some art as we wait for discussion
>>
>>49754977
>>
>>49755005
>>
>>49755030
>>
>>49755086
>>
>>49755108
>>
>>49755128
>>
>>49755206
>>
>>49754840
I like it. The group has great chemistry and comic timing, so the episodes are a pleasure to listen to.
>>
>>49755246
How do you feel about their side stuff like Tenra Banshou and other Streams? I liked their Dungeon World videos a lot and it actually made me check out SpiffySquee's channel when he made a guest appearance on some games.
>>
>>49755364
I haven't had time to check those out yet. Which ones would you recommend the most?
>>
I've been enjoying it so far. They're mostly concentrating on the game and the story unlike a lot of podcast games which seem to be more about "how awesome can I make myself out to be" or "lol jokez". They're still really funny, but most of the humor comes from in-character actions and conversation rather than the whole ooc metagame crap that a lot of shows stray into.
>>
>>49755470
Honestly, Tenra Bansho is just massive zany-ness and full on anime, but I most definitely liked the cozy factor of their Ryuutama games. The streams are a bit of a chore, since there's so much good content and they put out so much, but it's super satisfying to marathon a play series on a comfy day. Some characters carry over to different streams as well, like their SPELL and Fiasco games.
>>
>>49754840
I watched the first 20 or so episodes, it was a while ago and I don't quite recall the number. It seemed fine enough, but after a certain point the videos just weren't how I wanted to spend my time. All of my players my first year of college watched it though. They were the ones who recommended it to me.
>>
>>49755580
Yeah, that's one of the main probems preventing me fr om getting into other TTRPG podcasts, I'm just not as invested in their characters as I am with The Third Wheel's. I guess partly it has to do with the great art and occassional animation as well, but the humor and camaraderie seems...fuller, in a sense.
>>
>>49755591
Thanks, I guess that I will check out the Ryuutama streams next then.
>>
>>49755693
Some people just don't take to it, I find. I agree, it's a pretty big investment of your time, and it doesn't start hitting its stride until a bit later on.
>>
>>49755752
Great, it's super fun! Afterwards, if you want something darker to contrast it, try the Delta Green stream for some cosmic horror. I really like how Jay and his players are versatile and how they like to play some of the lesser known games. I really hope they do a run of Mouse Guard or Torchwood next.
>>
>>49755982
Holy fuck that was an awful run-on sentence. To put it less retardedly:
They're pretty cool, the only other tabletop channel I follow is tabletop talk. Especially earlier on, I'm not a massive fan of the more comedic style of their games. However, they do seem to be getting more serious as far as I've watched, and the show is of better quality than I've generally seen.

Any other tabletop channel recommendations?
>>
>>49756016
Actually, that's partly the reason why I created the thread, to get more recommendations similar to Thrilling Intent. I tried some, like Critical Roll and Squee's Pathfinder game, but I couldn't get into it the same way. I hear that The Adventure Zone and One Shot Podcast are pretty good.
>>
>>49756138
Well, Tabletop Talk gets my recommendation. Love their original Dread game, although the sound and visual quality aren't great in that one. They have great chemistry and are great roleplayers. James is mai husbando, James Lee can be kinda crap at times but he ran a pretty good CoC campaign.
>>
>>49756216
I'll be quick to check it out then, thanks a bunch! Annd not to worry, as long as I can hear it properly and clearly, I'm not too worried about quality. I fucking love Lovecraftian horror but I've never seen a game of it yet, so that'll be first up on my list.
>>
>>49756138
One Shot is pretty good, but their Star Wars campaign is fantastic because they are perfectly willing to do stupid ass things that will hurt them in the short and long run just because it's in character for them to do so.
>>
>>49755364
>SpiffySquee's
Is he worth listening to?
>>
>>49756138
Few things that happen in The Adventure Zone can top the boys having to listen to their dad seduce a tree. It's good.
>>
>>49756385
Ehhh. This is just going off of the Ardenfall campaign they're playing, but I'm not super into it. It's pretty long like TI, but the chemistry and roleplay between the people isn't as great. Granted, he isn't the one GMing it, rather he's in charge of the sci-fi campaign which I've yet to see.
>>
>>49756550
Is Corsairs or Three Galaxies worth listening to?
>>
>>49756562
>>49756383
Kek, I love it when people do thar. I've never seen a Star Wars game before, I might have to check it out. As for those two you mentioned...maasybe? Again, I can't give you my opinion since I haven't seen them yet, but what I can say that I liked Squee's performance in 3rd Wheel's guest episodes that I'm willing to give them a try.
>>49756533
Yo, I'd totally fuck a tree if they'd let ke. I could get lucky with a nymph and go cavorting like a woodland creature.
>>
File: PukingNotLoli.gif (1MB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
PukingNotLoli.gif
1MB, 352x264px
>>49754840
>Tumblrnose: The Thread
>>
>>49757303
Do you even understand what tumblrnose refers to? There are /maybe/ two images with slight tumblrnose.
Do you think tumblrnose refers to the myfirstanime style of drawing a nose as in OP? Because tumblrnose isn't about shape at all, it's about a usually red coloration of the nose to make it look cute.
>>
>>49755086
THE NECKSTABBER!Anyone else think there's an odd coincidence between the Bowelripper and the Neckstabber?
>>
>>49754840
I wasn't prepared for how ugly these dudes were.
>>
>>49754840
So glad Big War is over. I really enjoyed it, but there were times it just sort of dragged on. That being said it really picked up near the end.
>>
>>49755770
I caught up while driving and working out
>>
>>49758503
I just find it hilarious how they just have titles like that.
>>49758744
Yeah, ditto. I loved the arc, but I'm glad it's resolved and time for new things.
>>
>>49758721
I've never seen their real likenesses other than in those drawings during their announcements. A second or two after they've said their lines, in my head I sometimes substitute their voices for someone else if they're girls like Ashe and Inien.Mostly due to the fact that the characters are really shippable, that I don't want to think about some dude's voice when I muse on scrnarios, and the fact that Inien is super cute.
>>
Do you guys care for the little theme songs the channel puts out?
>>
>>49754840
I love it, though I'm a couple months behind. The editing makes it one of very few played games I can watch, even when the RP gets a little rough. I've ripped Rat pretty much wholesale as a vendor in my game and used Inien as inspiration for an evil NPC that the party is cool with.
Gregor a best and Ashe did everything wrong.
>>
>>49760107
I love how endearingly creepy some of their NPCs are. Gregor is best, yes, and poor Ashe tries so hard.
>>
>>49754840
I would one hundred percent recomend "The Adventure Zone".

Don't let the fact that its a family game (one brother dming two other brothers and their dad) put you off its amazing.
>>
I don't listen to actual plays as much as I used to. But I liked The Gaming Grunts until they disappeared, but I only listened to the Colymar Campaign.

I also like RPPR even if Aaron is a fuckwhit who can't go two sentences without saying like at least once and umm thrice.
>>
>>49754840
The effort they put into production really pays off. I'm sure the timing of their comments/jokes and the pacing of the story wouldn't work as well without the editing.
The show can be somewhat juvenile at times, but that can be funny on occasion.

I saw one of their panels at Gencon and later saw one of the panel's attendees eating spaghetti with his bare hands, it was disgusting.
>>
File: merle.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
merle.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>49756533
>that goddamn scene
He's gone on to hit on every older lady in the game.
>>
The only podcast I've been able to stick with has been 6 Feats Under, they're a bit tumblr, but just the most fun cast of any I've found yet.
>>
>>49760999
How do you stand PoorWeather in any capacity?
>>
>>49754977
That's really shitty art.
You can stop any time.

Feel free to delete this thread too.
>>
>>49760168
I dunno, after the most recent episode, I think that Marcus might be my favorite.
>>
>>49761559
I find it inspiring that a mouse goes through the effort required to set up voice chat and play RPGs with its people friends.
>>
>>49761559
She's mostly silent so not much to rub me the wrong way, I think she's kinda cute too at times.
>>
>>49761559
Good will from when she tooled around with Joey Hooves playing bad cop/worse cop.
>>
>>49760923
This is the main reason I seperate the players from the characters. Because you don't want to ruin the mystique of it all. What if you decide to waifu one of them but can't get over the fact that they're played by a hooded college nerd with a scraagly beard? No, if it's really good, I can let the medium stand on its own. I could never do that with Critical Roll or Ardenfell, no matter how cute the designs looked.
>>
>>49761559
What's wrong with poorweather?
>>
>>49757303

Hey there friend. You seem to be new here, so remember to always lurk before posting! :)

Here's how I knew you have been here less than one year: Tumblr nose is when the nose is unusually red, not simply drawn in anime style.

Recommend lurking approximately two more years before deciding you'd like to post again, lest you stumble headlong into another embarrassing meme faux pas.
>>
File: tifeling bard.png (342KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tifeling bard.png
342KB, 1024x576px
>>49760064
I like them, Matt's bard like sound is very chill.
>>
>>49761650
I love new Marcus! I hope the change is permanent
>>
>>49762981
The wording is too awkward for me. Human #1, Gregorsong, and the main theme are best.
>>
>>49763663
I'm not up to date, are they continuing the demon ancestry curse? That stuff was pretty cool, it was neat to see some more character come out of Marcus, who seemed to mostly be a joke character, with his imps and floating writing and such, although they seemed to have explained that with some nice character motivations.
Him consoling Ashe was also a cool moment.
>>
>>49763728
I love it when the group has those heart to hearts. Thog especially, he's just pissed off all the time that it's so nice to see that he really cares immensely for his friends. Kier too.
>>
File: tvtropes.png (244KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tvtropes.png
244KB, 540x304px
>>49763722
The main theme was super fun. I hope it comes back at the start of the new arc.
>>
The Adventure Zone and DnD is for Nerds are my two favourites
>>
>>49764778
What were some of the best episodes of these and other podcasts like One Shot, 6 Feats Under, Tabletop Talk, etc.?
>>
>>49765190
For Tabletop Talk, definitely the Dread oneshot (watch?v=NzLICXsrPnM) is great if you want more of a taster, also really like their first Cyberpunk series (watch?v=efRE_tqUkhY) and their CoC series (watch?v=CeCZMMlW_X8. James a best girl.
>>
>>49754840
In adore this series, The DM Jay is everything I aspire to be as a forever GM
>>
File: HeroesAndHalfwits.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
HeroesAndHalfwits.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
Any one watching these jews?
>>
>>49766206
No, are they good?
>>
File: home no more.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
home no more.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>49764344
I'm super into Home no More.
>>
>>
>>49768028
It's mediocre.
>>
What was the last RPG character you played? How well would they fit into the world of Thrilling Intent, or any of the other number of podcasts mentioned here?
>>
>>49763728
Yes, get caught up. I think the next arch is going to go more into Marcus' character like how Liquor and Spirits was about Ashe
>>
>>49769421
I can't wait until we get an arc about Gregor's backstory. As hype as I am abot Markus', there's been talk that the Outrider's might've been more sinister than we're led to believe
>>
>>49769768
That might actually be more plausible than a Markus arch because it seems to be they've been setting up Gregor for while now what with the blue woman whose name I can't quite remember right now being in Gregor's outrider backstory and showing up throughout the end of Big War
>>
>>49769873
Aryn, I believe. I don't know if she's a character fromone of their other TI streams, because she looks familiar for some reason.
>>
>>49769768
I'm hype for Gregortime too, but if Renalan is just TI's second Namek after Honorant, maybe it's just as well we don't.
>>
Just took a look at this stuff and it looks like just what I need for the next few weeks.

Is there anything I need to know or whatever, or do I just load up the Youtube list with all the (148) chapters?
>>
>>49771185
Not that I recall. There's the standard stuff of the video quality improving as the series goes on. And I think you can skip the Deck of Disasters arc once you get to it. Other than that, you're good to dive in and enjoy!
>>
>>49771185
If the beginning arcs are too grating, you can skip to episode 41 and maybe come back later. The production quality spikes there and a new adventure begins. Also the whole golem arc was pretty shit.
There are some holiday specials that may not be in the playlists, which, thanks to Markus' bullshit, have crossed into canon. You don't necessarily have to find out watch them or find where they fit, but if at some point you feel like you're missing something you may want to check them out. Protect your local Zalvy.
>>
>>49771509
Oh and while it's usually fine to just listen to the audio, there are a couple animated sequences which can be cool. There are also a few "Secrets" spread out through the series if you watch the videos.
>>
Who's yor favorite side character? Mine will always be that adorable pog-bat
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.