[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Back To Basics Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 68

File: RememberATimeBeforeEpisodes.jpg (38KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
RememberATimeBeforeEpisodes.jpg
38KB, 639x960px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>49727056

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/

Post your earliest memory of Star Wars
>>
File: swm25_box_left.png (291KB, 400x458px) Image search: [Google]
swm25_box_left.png
291KB, 400x458px
Well it's not Heroes of the Resistance. One for our ArmadaBros.
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/12/playing-the-long-game/
>>
Revan did nothing wrong
>>
>>49751959
Eh, the part where he went all darkside was kinda wrong.

But that was the sith emperor's fault anyway :^)
>>
Kreia did nothing wrong.
>>
>>49751799
Oh yeah I'm ready.
>>
File: fuck you bioware.jpg (153KB, 404x640px)
fuck you bioware.jpg
153KB, 404x640px
>>49751959
Have you seen his hair? Motherfucker did something wrong there, that's for sure.
>>
>>49738947
Thanks for the audiobook dude
>>
>>49751767
>Post your earliest memory of Star Wars
Sitting in my friends lounge-room. It was tropical outside, 100 degrees and 100% humidity, and I'd gone over with the intention of abusing his pool. Instead, he shows me this video tape his dad just brought him as a kind of 'sorry for going on rotation' present: Star Wars. I'd never heard of it before. I wanted to go swimming, he said we only had to watch twenty minutes of it then, if I didn't like it, we could go outside.

I liked it. That was 1997, I think. I was young so I thought Phantom Menace was rather delightful two years later, but between that movie and Attack of the Clones the prequels lost their shine.
>>
>>49751767

>4 years old
>Spend one day watching the battle of hoth on repeat in a pillowfort made to resemble a snowspeeder cockpit

Its not my first star wars memory but its the earliest one I remember. I dont remember when I first watched Star Wars, but it was likely around that time
>>
>>49751767

Me and my friend quoting Revnge of the Sith lines at each other during cross country running at primary school to keep our spirits up.
>>
I heard that Wes Janson's actor fucking died. Did I miss the reaction or do any of you faggots even care?
>>
>>49752527
Sauce?
>>
>>49752551
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/conventions-events/articles/empire-strikes-back-actor-ian-liston-died/
>>
>>49751767
Star Wars has always been a huge part of my childhood. My dad had VHS copies of ESB and RotJ and before I could read, I would always go to him and ask "Is this the one where Luke has the green saber or the blue one?"
He eventually got ANH and we watched it together. Fuck, they're good movies.
I still remember when the special editions came out in theatres and we went and saw them all again. And after that we saw all the prequel movies in theatre too.

Years later, I got the dvd set and showed it to him. We watched all 3 of them together again.

My greatest SW related regret is not being able to see TFA with him in theatres
>>
File: yub yub commander.jpg (163KB, 720x640px)
yub yub commander.jpg
163KB, 720x640px
>>49752566
Well, fuck, now I'm sad. If that's true, then good night, sweet prince. May flights of Ewoks sing thee to thy rest.
>>
>>49752527
He died a couple of threads back and everyone was sad.
>>
File: eryl_besa_sw_7009.jpg (41KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
eryl_besa_sw_7009.jpg
41KB, 300x400px
Found a master index but I'm not sure how up to date it is.

http://swrpg.viluppo.net
>>
>>49751767
HEROES OF THE RESISTANCE SHIPPING NOW!

2 WEEKS UNTIL WE GET OUR SNAP SHOTS AND PATTERN ANALYZERS.

What do you guys think the 2 unrevealed cards are? I'm guessing Hotshot Co-pilot and Trick Shot. No idea what they will do though.
>>
File: 20161012_115809.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px)
20161012_115809.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Xwing scenario that I came up with. Thoughts or suggestions?
>>
>>49752887
Oh god, the spelling errors.

I'd proofread it and then post it again. Also, did you take a photo of your screen? Just post the text.
>>
If I was a rebel with nothing to lose (As in almost my entire family tortured to death with my brother fanatically brainwashed to serving the Empire with no chance of coming back). Can I tell Mon Matha that I plan on giving the empire one last fuck you by suicide bombing them?
>>
File: a-wing crash.jpg (215KB, 1152x512px)
a-wing crash.jpg
215KB, 1152x512px
>>49752952
>I plan on giving the empire one last fuck you by suicide bombing them
Why not just sign up for an A-wing slot?
>>
>>49752887
Paragraphs.
>>
>>49752474
Newfag
>>
>>49752952
How important are you that you have the ear of Mon Mothma? Suicide bombing isn't part of the standard rebellion playbook, mostly for potential civilian casualties and because looking like terrorist is not what the rebellion wants.
>>
>>49752952

I figure she'd probably warn you against it (I imagine she's a bit of a bleeding heart)
>>
>>49752257
I saw an ad for sw toys on cartoon network and heard the word "Chubascher". I thought that it was actually Michael Schumacher and that he was secretly a star wars character.
I also didn't know a thing about Boba Fett, cause he really doesn't do anything in the movie.
I was really fucking small at the time.
>>
>>49753065
I think she'd (rightfully) give some speech of wisdom about how one suicide attack will do less damage in the long run than continuing to fight them for all your worth.
>>
>>49752952
suicide bombing? nah.
volunteering for a one-way mission? yeah, probably
>>
>>49751767
My earliest memory is two-part, and I'm not sure which came first. I had curtains growing up in the eighties that had Empire Strikes Back on them. And I remember certain parts of it, like C3P0, R2-D2, an X-Wing, Vader, Boba Fett, etc.

I also remember having a really shitty copy of Empire Strikes Back on VHS that was recorded off of a tv channel, back in the day. My mom found it on tv and started recording, and for many years growing up that was the copy I had to watch. I still remember that the first part of the movie on the tape was where Vader is in the black ball and the helmet comes back on him, and then shortly after Echo Base is attacked. I fucking loved that tape as a kid. By middle school, I was hooked on the original trilogy and had seen all three movies at least a dozen times.
>>
>>49752952
I mean, you can tell her, but she won't support it.

The Rebel alliance isn't a bunch of durkas.
>>
>>49753297
>The Rebel alliance isn't a bunch of durkas.
yeah, you really can't compare the alliance with modern extremists. it would be like comparing apples and oranges.
>>
File: x-wing_opening.jpg (123KB, 690x492px)
x-wing_opening.jpg
123KB, 690x492px
>>49751767
I would have to say it was either flipping through the manual for the original Lego X-wing, or getting in trouble for obsessively pretending to play Rogue Squadron in second grade. I really miss that game, man.
>>
>>49753297
>isn't a bunch of durkas
Kind of amusing that many Legends Mon Cal names are faux-Arabic-sounding.

>Ackbar
>Ackdool
>Husin
>Haash'n
>Mussat Nasrabi
>>
File: 1473309429366.png (1MB, 1252x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1473309429366.png
1MB, 1252x1114px
>>49752952
The rebels are a uniformed military, not a terrorist group. They avoid civilian casualties whenever possible, display their insignia prominently during military operations, and only use skulduggery like enemy uniforms and captured vehicles on desperate occasions.
They'll send you on a "dirty dozen" suicide mission with a low chance of survival, but they're not going to strap a bomb to you and tell you to blow up a military check point.
They're also more likely to send you for psych-eval when they hear you expressing violent, suicidal thoughts.
The Rebels are almost stupidly moral. The worst thing they do is work with smugglers.
>>
Are blaster actuating modules worth buying? I'm new to the system and figure to put a pair on some blaster pistols.
>>
>>49753946
It's worth it if you have a fantastic mechanic that can successfully install most or all of the mods, otherwise it's kinda meh.
>>
>>49751767
I remember i was 6 or 7 and hearing the 20th Century Fox fanfare for the first time when my dad was trying out his new laserdisc player with his Hi-Fi Surround Sound setup by playing A New Hope from his Star Wars Trilogy Laser Disc Edition. I was meant to be asleep but i snuck out of bed and over to dad's media room to see what the awesome sound was. Dad saw me peeking in and let me sit with him and watch instead of sending me back to bed.

The joy i felt watching the Tantive IV chase and capture scene was only trumped by the Battle of Yavin scene. I still, currently at age 29, get goosebumps and slightly teary eyed from joy when i watch the entire Death Star attack scene.
>>
>>49752928
>>49753007

Targets of opportunity

The object of this scenario is to collect credit pods from across the field for the purpose of purchasing heroic pilots to amass a larger force than your opponent and aid you in destroying as many enemy ships as possible while also attempting to thwart your opponent's attempts at collecting credit pods for themselves. 20 credit pods and the standard obstacle amount are deployed in the play area at the start of the game with ten pods deployed per side outside of at least range 3 of either player's deployment area and range 2 of each other.

Each player begins play with a single unupgraded huge base ship that serves as their capital ship for the duration of the game and a single, unupgraded, unique small-base rebel or imperial ship from the available pool of ships to serve as that player's commander. New ships or upgrades are purchased at the end of each players turn and are deployed at the start of the next turn within range 1 of either the purchasing players set-up area or their capital ship.

The capital ship serves as the base of operations for the player and functions as an additional hyperspace jump point outside the set up area for the purposes of deploying purchased ships and delivering credit pods for collection. The commander serves as an always available unit that can be respawned 1 turn after its destruction within the players chosen set-up area. Only unique pilots are allowed to be used within Targets of opportunity. Ships in play (including the commander and capital ship) May be upgraded while within range 3 of either the capital ship, or the commander. Purchased unique upgrade cards, crew and ship titles are unavailable to either player after purchase or destruction.

Part 1. Play area size for perspective.
>>
>>49753735

I remember getting that Lego kit.

Hell, I remember eagerly building the Star Wars Lego. I managed to get almost all of the early kits. The only one I never could get was the Y-Wing and Tie Advanced kit. It was too expensive for my parents to get me as a present (youngest of three kids, money was tight), and my pocket money went towards the other kits.

Hell, I think those kits are still in the attic back home. Will need to check.
>>
File: incom a-10.png (302KB, 1800x1400px)
incom a-10.png
302KB, 1800x1400px
Any other fighters made by drawfriends specifically made to look like Star Wars fighters? Need some inspiration for my rpg group.
>>
File: incom tg fighter.png (197KB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
incom tg fighter.png
197KB, 800x1300px
>>49754499
I can't remember who made these, just that I saved them and they are from /swg/
>>
File: incom v-2.jpg (74KB, 900x767px) Image search: [Google]
incom v-2.jpg
74KB, 900x767px
>>49754509
Also, viper/x-wing lovechild?

yes/no?
>>
>>49754255

Part 2

Ships must fly within range 1-2 of pods with an unobstructed line of sight from the capturing vessel to the pod to retrieve it as an action (Huge ships cannot capture pods). Until stored within a ship, pods are treated as obstacles with the same template as a shield token. Ships retrieving pods must have an available, open upgrade slot to accommodate the pod.

Credit pods have a standard hull of 2, 2 shields, 0 evasiveness, 0 attack and can be destroyed by either player. While carrying a pod, the carrying ship's green maneuvers become white maneuvers and any white maneuvers become red maneuvers until the pod/pods are removed. A ship under the stressed condition cannot carry anymore credit pods and is stressed until the credit pods aboard it are either dropped or removed. Red maneuvers force the vessel to drop 1 credit pod following the standard bomb laying rules.

Pods carry up to 6 d20 credits determined by a d6 upon delivery within range 1-2 of either an available capital ship or hyperspace jump area. Vessels under stress can have credit pods removed from them as an action by both enemy and friendly vessels within range 1-2.
>>
>>49754524
The T-wing already exists.
>>
File: dreadnaught class heavy cruiser.jpg (18KB, 600x293px) Image search: [Google]
dreadnaught class heavy cruiser.jpg
18KB, 600x293px
Okay so, I have this idea for a F&D campaign, set in the month(s) after Endor the players are part of the first class of new force-sensitives to be trained by Luke, they are tasked with the job of finding a suitable location to found the New Jedi Temple (right now they are being trained on a 400-year-old jedi battle cruiser the Alliance pulled from a glacier of frozen Nitrogen. with side-quests being 1: locating kyber crystals for their lightsabers, and 2: recovering Jedi holocrons
the idea being that for the first half locating and travelling to worlds strong in the force and determining their suitability, which would result in having to deal with some problem they find when they get there. some places will still wind-up being duds, like Yavin 4, and Moraband which will be discovered by the PC's to have strong ties to the dark side and probably a poor location. Probably would still be able to accomplish a side-quest there or something. then have to either convince the locals to allow a Jedi Temple be built there, or convince what people/species they would need to build this temple to donate the resources and manpower to build the temple. all the while having to simultaneously do their best to protect the galaxy and all the other stuff expected of a Jedi.

How does this sound for a plot? too boring? too uninvolved?

Also I wold like some help coming up with unique problems the PC's may have to face upon going planetside, as well as ideas for events that can be sprinkled in at random, to keep the players on their toes.
>>
File: 20161012_014149.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px)
20161012_014149.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>49754255
>>49754595

Part 3

Internet went down at my work so I had to Google Goggle this whole thing.

Rebel and imperial ships and upgrades can only be purchased by their respective factions, but scum and villainy ships and upgrades can be purchased by both. Named Scum vessels with the 3 highest point values on the field carry the ability Bounty Hunter. Vessels with the bounty hunter title convert and double the inherent overall card value (including upgrades) of any enemy ship destroyed by them directly into available credits for the bounty hunters controlling player regardless of field position. A purchased bounty hunter may be purchased by an enemy
player upon the completion of a successful bounty hunt (the destruction of An enemy ship), at which point the hunter immediately leaves the play area and returns at the start of the next turn in the new controlling player's deployment area, or within range 1-2 of that player's capital ship.

Named imperial and rebel ships with the 3 highest point values on the field are each factions respective heroes and represent points at the end of the game equal to double their respective pilot skill if they survive.

The game ends when all credit pods have been either destroyed or captured, or a players controls no capital ships. the winner at that time is the player with the most total points fielded combined with living pilot skill number, ship overall value (excluding upgrades) destroyed enemy ship combined cost(excluding upgrades), and respective captured credit pods.
>>
Been contemplating a new house rule

Any shotgun style weapon (Slugthrower type, ACP array gun, Flechette weapon) used at point blank adds its blast damage to the primary target.

Should this count as a separate hit like autofire and Linked do? Or just one big lump of damage. I am leaning towards one big lump of damage.
>>
>>49751767
>earliest Star Wars memory

VHS recording of ESB. Can't remember what kind of car the first commercial was for, but it had to have been a mid/late 80s broadcast.

God ESB was cool.
>>
>>49751767
In 1999 for my birthday I got two star wars lego sets, the Snowspeeder and Landspeeder, from my mom's best friend. My mom waited another year or so and then sat me down and we watched the original trilogy.
>>
This wave is kicking my ass, I can't seem to find a shadowcaster list that works for me. Norra and Dash are good but probably not competitive and I haven't even tried to figure out the imps yet. Am I retarded?
>>
File: F-wing.jpg (70KB, 811x780px) Image search: [Google]
F-wing.jpg
70KB, 811x780px
>>49754509
>>
>>49751767
Watching a re-release (Possibly the special edition?) in the local theater and NOPEing the fuck out when Obiwan said the Sand People would be back "and in greater numbers"

We then "borrowed" the box set on VHS from our neighbors and watched it on the less scary small screen from the comfort of home. In a way being a scared little bitch preserved my experience of the OT!
>>
File: D'Gluss EF2-T Starpirate.png (54KB, 835x521px) Image search: [Google]
D'Gluss EF2-T Starpirate.png
54KB, 835x521px
>>49754499
I'm the anon who butchers IRL aircraft schematics in MSPaint and makes them somewhat Star Wars-y.

I could dump all the ones i made if you want.
>>
>>49754784
You could make it one big lump, or you could just make the Blast quality activate automatically against the target only.
>>
File: DeVaronia Nebula Vixen.png (267KB, 873x810px) Image search: [Google]
DeVaronia Nebula Vixen.png
267KB, 873x810px
>>49755485
Aw hell I'll dump what i've made. Hopefully you can use some of them.
>>
>>49755397
Maybe a little.

Asajj is the go to shadowcaster. Fearlessness, K4, gyro, your choice of illicit. Hard part is finding her wingmen. Z swarm could work.

Norra needs Biggs to survive the initial joust, but she's a late game terror.

SF is like a bomber/defender love child. Auxiliary arc counts for a lot. I'm enjoying Quickdraw running in a tie swarm to give it some heavy firepower.
>>
>>49755572
>>
>>49755588
>>
>>49755615
>>
File: CAAB Krayt.png (21KB, 670x558px) Image search: [Google]
CAAB Krayt.png
21KB, 670x558px
>>49755632
>>
>>49755647
Got three more but those don't feel Star Wars-y enough to me.

I could dump them if you guys want them though. Otherwise this will be the last one.
>>
>>49751767
1997. I went to go see "Cats Don't Dance" at the theatre with my dad. We left that theatre and snuck into a screening of Episode IV.
I think I actually cheered out loud when the Death Star blew up.
>>
>>49751959
>>49751982
>>49752039
I'm working on a brief setting rewrite that makes TOR fit more with the rest of KOTOR.

Republic is more Empire-lite and uses the Interdictors and Centurions from KOTOR1+2. Sith Empire is more like its original egyptian incarnation.

Still have no idea what to do with Revan's return during that Shadow of Revan DLC.
>>
File: Witnessed.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Witnessed.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>49756136
We ALL cheered, son.
>>
>>49756151
>Revan's return
Write it out completely. Let the character's story end with his mysterious disappearance into the Unknown Regions.
>>
>>49756171
I'm also thinking no Eternal Empire. Vitiate having a secret droid army as his 'final form'? Sure. Some giant empire outta nowhere that somehow eclipses the Sith AND the Republic which is meant to have been a galactic superpower? Just seems as tacky as Revan's return.
>>
>>49755405
Ooh, I'd fly that.
>>
>>49753297
>>49753401
I've been seeing this comparison thrown about a lot lately though. I wonder why, it really makes no sens.
>>
File: 20161012_163240.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px)
20161012_163240.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Added a story to my xwing scenario. I like the flavor alot.
>>
>>49756522
Probably just Empire fans.
>>
>>49756522
Trolls and a very vocal, very retarded portion of the Imperial fanbase.
>>
>>49756651
>>49756666
Shit, I enjoy playing empire in Battlefront and X-wing and love their ship designs, but why do you need to pretend they're the good guys to take their side in a game?
>>
>>49756635
Just post the text directly, or export it as a pdf, or even post a fucking screenshot of the document.

Why are you printing it then taking a fucking photo?
>>
>>49756666
Ironically, I'm actually considering bringing something of that element into my next AoR campaign. An arc where the Rebel PCs encounter another group of anti-Imperial fighters who think the Rebel Alliance isn't hardcore enough and uses tactics like that when they feel it warranted (which means I can suddenly spring it on the group after just previously establshing them as just seemingly a bunch of independent-but-effective freedom fighters).
>>
>>49756749

The question is, will your PCs have to neutralise the extremist group? If they leave their cell active, the Empire will be able to justify harsh reprisals in the area that they are operating in, hampering 'legitimate' Alliance operations.
>>
>>49755615
I especially like this one. Bureaucratic constraints aren't something you see come up often in fictional weapons design.
>>49755666
I'm interested.
>>
>>49754255
>>49754595
>>49754690
Too big to make in a single post. Figured reading it all off a picture made more sense.

>>49756748

I just added the flavor text. My work computers Internet is down, but I used it to type everything.
>>
>>49756522

Too many shows about Resistance fighters having make the hard choices to win war against a threat who takes no prisoners and actively turns rebels against them.

Shows like nBSG and New Caprica where Saul authorizes one guy who lost his wife to go and suicide bomb a police academy. During trial of Galthus, Lee mentions that they forgave Saul like how he was forgiven for killing 3000 people aboard. Shit that the Rebellion in the films never had to do to survive.

Or Far Cry 4's Golden Path? Split between Zealots and Drug Cartels looking to control the nation with neither remotely being saints

That is why posts like these pop up sporadically
>>
>>49756875
WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ENJOY YOUR CRAB RANGOON?
>>
>>49756832
That is a possibility, but I plan on trying to bring enough nuance to it that it won't be super cut and dry.
>>
>>49757082
Because I don't like cwabs!
>>
>>49755397
>Am I retarded?
Yes.

But that's beside the point. Unless you're going to go joust-mode with the Shadowcaster, stick to Sabine or Asajj for your pilots. Ketsu does work, but you'll want that arc stapled forward as you K-Turn and treat the ship like a giant fucking Defender. Asajj is the dirtiest pilot, and can be quite useful with the title. There are a lot of ways to build her, and I don't think I've seen a "best" yet.

Sabine works as well, and is probably the more survivable pilot. She lacks the EPT, but can be a pain in the ass to bring down with a recce spec and gyro mount.

Unless you go Ketsu, large, sweeping 3-speed maneuvers as you broadside with the thing, will probably be your main maneuver strategy. Ketsu will be a straight at them, then K-Turn.
>>
>>49757220
Most crab rangoon doesn't actually ahve crab in it, it;s some weird kind of cheese thing.
>>
>>49755632
Oh good, a new fighter designed to get space german pilots killed as efficiently as possible.
>>
>>49757478
>this guy again
Yes, anon, we get it, you have a grudge against the F-104. Give it a rest. Everyone already acknowledges that it was a very silly aircraft.
>>
>>49751799
My dick is ready anon
>>
Huh. Who knew Red Ace was a gurl?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/12/incoming/
>>
>>49751799
interesting campaign stuff but nothing for the new rules, scenarios or squadrons. Still cool to see how the scenario will work.
>>
>>49757778
The "Ace" pilots are all whatever the hell you want them to be. They're just a generic anybody ace.
>>
>>49757778
Is that really a girl or is it just Bret Michaels in an X-wing?
>>
>>49758001
>>49757778
I was going to go with Dave Mustaine, but Bret Michaels works.
>>
>>49755666
Nice trips.

Nice star warsy fighters.Thanks man
>>
>>49751767
Star Wars comprises a big chunk of my earliest memories. When my dad was watching me as a baby and toddler, he'd put a VHS on of the original trilogy, Indiana Jones, or Jurassic Park, then pass out drunk on the couch with me trapped in the little triangle area between his bent leg butt, and couch. The dad-farts sucked, but I was was scared shitless by the Rancor, enthralled by the light saber fights, and I nearly peed myself every time Luke approached the last run in the Death Star, thinking he'd fail because the shot was one in a million. It made a huge, lasting impact, and I was beyond hyped when Episode 1 was announced later.
>>
>>49751767
earliest thing I remember is sitting at home at a little rickety plastic table eating fruit roll ups with Jar Jar's face on the packaging and watching return of the Jedi. I'm told I was brought in when I was a wee baby for the remastered versions playing in theaters. Everyone loves to talk how I was deathly quiet and enraptured.
>>
>>49758001
Probably both.
>>
>>49757778
In one of the novels or something there's a female T70 pilot working on her fighter, a droid walks in and says "Hi, I'm here to advance the plot. You must be Red Squadron's ace."
>>
Has anybody made a fan statline for the TIE/fo and T-70 X-Wing in FFG Star Wars?
>>
>>49758732
>TIE/fo
Copy and paste the TIE/LN, slap a shield generator on it.

>T-70
Copy and paste the T-70, slightly increase Handling.
>>
>>49759112
>Copy and paste the T-70
Copy and paste the T-65, sorry.
>>
>>49759125
don't forget the crew increase for the /fo and the additional weapons options on the T-70
>>
>>49759217
>/fo
Isn't that the /sf?
>>
>>49759225
ah, you're right. never mind, I suck cocks.
>>
What are some interesting weird Imperial toys, prototypes or pilot programs, or specialized forces for some AoR players to run into on an Outer Rim world?

I've thought of already some of the obvious things, Dark Trooper prototypes, Storm Commandos, TIE/D or even Phantom prototypes. Punishers if they manage to get really dug in somewhere. Are there any good oddball imperial projects, especially like ground-based stuff people have heard of or can remember that might be good to work in once or twice?
>>
>>49759225

There are two

The FO standard tie has shields (I think) and the SF ones has shields AND a turret
>>
File: TIE_Crawler.jpg (25KB, 408x288px)
TIE_Crawler.jpg
25KB, 408x288px
>>49759319
>ground-based
Sienar: a magical place.
>>
File: TIE Mauler.jpg (148KB, 758x600px)
TIE Mauler.jpg
148KB, 758x600px
>>49759595
Now available in two delicious flavors!
>>
>>49756522
Because in real life, rebels always do morally questionable things. When people try to think of Star Wars outside the lens of a flash gordon serial, they apply this real world knowledge to the setting.
>>
>>49759688
This is also where the Endor Holocaust and Death Star Massacre memes come from.
>>
>>49759319

Century tanks?
>>
>>49759319
>Are there any good oddball imperial projects?
Brotha, that's all the Empire has.

AT-MT spider walker transports, vintage AT-PTs,
Storm Commandos, Radtroopers, Swamptroopers, various other specialist -troopers

Spaarti Cylinders, General Derricote's Secret Meth Lab, ANYTHING developed by the IDMR http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Department_of_Military_Research/Legends

There's a lot to play with.
>>
>>49759543
/fo does indeed have a shield, Target Lock, as well as S-Loops for a modest 3 points. /sf has a whopping 3 shields, as well as the turret. It flies like a Y-wing, as I've been told, but the turret and added shields help with survivability immensely.
>>
>>49759881

yeah I was going by the universe, not the game

I knew it had shields in game but I'm not 100% about canon
>>
>>49759819

>spider tank

Oh yes, this will be good if the PCs think they can retreat up into the mountains somewhere and dodge like the ITTs or and other flying brick vehicles. Then fucking spider tanks airdrop in.
>>
>>49759996
>I knew it had shields in game but I'm not 100% about canon

Yeah 'cause if you go strictly by the movies you could be forgiven for thinking no starfighters have shields whatsoever.
>>
>>49759703
Endor Holocaust made so much sense they had to explicitly rule that almost all the DS2 was sent into hyperspace, didn't they?
>>
File: MT-AT_egvv.jpg (625KB, 1829x1463px) Image search: [Google]
MT-AT_egvv.jpg
625KB, 1829x1463px
>>49760000
For your quads
>>
>>49759319
>>49759819
How about this horrible idea
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Conqueror_(superlaser)
>>
File: KR TB Doomtreader interior.png (1MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
KR TB Doomtreader interior.png
1MB, 1400x1050px
What's a good ship for a bounty hunter?
>>
>>49759996
>>49760015
Understandable. Though if you're going off the movies and shows, I'd question whether any ships have shielding at all.

Unless it's convenient for the plot, almost every single fighter in Star Wars movies and shows either takes catastrophic damage or is instantly destroyed if it gets hit. Freighter sized ships are hardly any safer, eating shots left and right, and only escape thanks to a few remaining patches of duct-tape and some wishful thinking.
>>
>>49760222

I've always assumed shields were for small arms, space debris, and micrometeors

Same with how the stormtrooper armors is more for protection from explosions, melee weapons, and sporting weapons than actual military weaponry
>>
>>49760027
I think so, yeah.
>>
Got a casual game at a FLGS tomorrow. how's this list sound for messing around?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!89:19,44,109,126,1:-1:7:;4:58,3:-1:20:;67:10,13:-1:7:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>49760000
>>49760042
They;re even MADE to STEEL REHN.
>>49760193
Those solar Ionization guns are very fucking scary. Like an Ion cannon and a ship-sized disruptor rifle.
>>
File: latest[29].jpg (220KB, 1348x913px)
latest[29].jpg
220KB, 1348x913px
Awww member Corellian Corvettes?
>>
>>49759996
I believe the visual dictionaries mention shield generators on the /fo
>>
>>49760950
I remember them last week when someone was using them like fucking guided missiles in a zombie Reikann list. 'Rebels don't suicide bomb' my ass.
>>
File: corellian corvette rebels.jpg (42KB, 564x503px) Image search: [Google]
corellian corvette rebels.jpg
42KB, 564x503px
>>49760950
I love them
>>
>>49760311
Should be alright for casual fun. You've got Biggs to act as a shield, while Nera is your heavy hitter.

The only recommendations I have, provided you have the cards, is giving her Fire Control System, and Guidance Chips instead. Those, plus removing the cannon, would get you 5pts to work with. From there, it wouldn't be hard to trade out Cracken for a pair of Zs, or possibly a souped up A-Wing.
>>
File: Down and Out Jedi.jpg (51KB, 185x291px) Image search: [Google]
Down and Out Jedi.jpg
51KB, 185x291px
>>49751767

It was an embarrassingly long time ago.
>>
>>49761391
Old Man Redback, coming in to put us kids in our places.
>>
A player of mine has had the best/worst luck, they ran out of ammo on their FIRST SHOT IN THE GAME, but also crit and got the option 'may fire again at the staggered target, so I ruled they could throw their fucking blaster which CRIT AGAIN but also got damaged as step because it despaired again.

Then in the next fight they were shot at by battledroids who missed, but rolled a triumph and since they were still in the turbolift they got sent down to another level while the other two were still fighting.
>>
>>49761473
so a realistic star wars experience?
>>
>>Post your earliest memory of Star Wars

I watched every OT movie damn near every day with my great-grandfather who had the last non-special edition VHS set
>>
>>49751767
The Ewoks movie.
I didn't even realize they were part of the same thing until years later.
>>
>>49761391
In a theater far, far away?
>>
File: cranky.jpg (65KB, 400x479px) Image search: [Google]
cranky.jpg
65KB, 400x479px
>>49761434
>>49761723
A drive-in theatre!

I also saw Jaws there at a fairly young age and remember hiding in the back seat because it was fucking scary.
>>
>>49760193
literally any with space to fit a prison cell
>>
File: shrug 3.png (268KB, 716x499px)
shrug 3.png
268KB, 716x499px
>>49760193
My bounty Hunter has a HWK-290 with a couple lasers, a couple ion cannons on a turret, a conc launcher, a tuned engine, and an ECM suite for bugging the fuck out. I don't intend to get in too many fights in it. It's big enough for her and a coworker to live in in semi-comfort, fast, and handles decently. Not much on defense, but I'm not out there dogfighting.

The cage is in the cargo bay. It's standing room only.
>>
>>49760193
My players use a wayfarer but to be fair they stole it
>>
>>49761550
Also I forgot, someone else tossed him THEIR rifle and IT ran out of ammo on the first shot too!
>>
>>49753735
Aww shit I remember waking up and seeing that as a birthday present. Shit was aweaome
>>49754345
I also got the y wing. I cut so many lawns for that set.
>>
File: bg-tie-ywing-7150.jpg (197KB, 878x624px)
bg-tie-ywing-7150.jpg
197KB, 878x624px
>>49753735
I never owned the X-Wing but I did get this boss set.
>>
File: Goomba.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Goomba.gif
2MB, 500x281px
What gun should my Trandoshan Bodyguard Merc buy with his first round of loot? I haven't found a proper Concussion Rifle in any of the EotE stuff I've looked at.
>>
File: i-VQxCdsH-2100x20000.jpg (548KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
i-VQxCdsH-2100x20000.jpg
548KB, 2100x1052px
>>
File: va8VmtP.gif (925KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
va8VmtP.gif
925KB, 500x220px
>>49761869
I love it when you come around because I get to use this pic.
>>
>>49763883
I love the story and the scope to SWTOR, i just hate the mmo side to it. Why couldnt it just be single player
>>
>>49763651

I think the Trando concussion rifle is in Forged In Battle.

If that's not to your liking, ACP Repeater or ACP Array gun bro.
>>
>>49761869
I never liked drive-in theatres. Even on good days you'd have to deal with mosquitoes.
>>
>>49754672
>How does this sound for a plot?
ehh, it sounds like it could get plodding if you don't have something to spice things up.
>>
>>49764000
Speaking of, anybody got an unabridged version of that book?
>>
>>49763883
That's a generic MMO joke that doesn't really apply to TOR since it hardly has any collection quests, and even fewer are required as part of the main story. Hell, I can't even think of a single instance where I had to collect anything on the main story for the last expansion.
>>
>>49753735
>>49762839

I'd forgotten how small those first models were. I only had the old snow-speeder and Slave 1. The snowspeeder was pretty accurately sized, I think, but the Slave one was sized for a single-seat cocpit.
>>
File: ART.png (511KB, 1212x676px)
ART.png
511KB, 1212x676px
Who /A R T/ here?
>>
>>49754672
For god's sake don't call it Moraband
>>
>>49765389

Is rebels worth watching?

I enjoyed clone wars if that matters
>>
Anyone have any good imperial ship/base tiles?

I'm planning on having my players raid a imperial facility to steal a TIE Interceptor prototype
>>
>>49765389
When playing Armada at the FLGS, after determining my opponent's identity, I excuse myself and retreat to the bathroom. While in there, I intensely study my opponent's Instagram and Deviantart pages, looking for their psychological blind spot. It is always revealed to me, be it through the aggressive, unsubtle stroke of their brush; or their illustration of light against dark showing their inability to grasp shades of gray; or their crude doodlings of anthropomorphized foxes engaged in coitus showing their degeneracy, I always spot their weakness, and I exploit it mercilessly.

Suffice to say, I have yet to win a match.
>>
>>49765714
If you liked clone wars then yes.
>>
>>49765714
The first twenty-two episodes are hard to watch. After that, not bad.
>>
Does /swg/ like SWGEmu?

It's a pre-combat update server for Star Wars Galaxies with a pretty decent population.

I'd be down to play with some of you elegan/tg/entlemen sometime, just send a mail to Chaed.
>>
>>49765763
I had my eye on that, but I have no idea on how to actually get the SWG files.
>>
>>49765805
You can torrent them from TPB, but if you do, don't tell anyone that you torrented, or you'll get banned.
>>
>>49765763

I bought SWG when I was younger and didnt understand how PC gaming worked. It didnt run on my PC and Ive always wanted to play it
>>
>>49765822
That's... Backwards. I'm way too used to WoW private servers where the clients are 100% available.
Is it worth checking out? SWG has always interested me as a game, but I've heard it's way too clunky.
>>
5e babby wants to play a star wars rpg

What should I try to play? I'd either be looking for a game on r20 or gming it for friends that are also 5e babbys
>>
>>49765833
If you've still got the disks kicking around, install it then get the client from swgemu.com. It's definitely worth checking out, and they stayed pretty much true to the original.

>>49765837
Yeah, I dunno. Probably a way to limit the population, since the only server can hold about 3000 people. But yeah, it's worth checking out. One thing about the game is that there's no story questline or anything, it's just "straight up game".

As for clunkiness, eh, I can see that. Some of the combat animations aren't fully fleshed out but it's wayyy better than the alternative for pre-CU servers, which is Bloodfin.
>>
>>49765873
Hm, I guess I can see if I can find it on TPB. Apparently its search is far from decent.
>>
>>49765923
tinyurl.com[slash]jbewb8s

That's the one I used, it's safe.
>>
EotE beginners game was pretty good, are the others up to par?
>>
>>49763932
You kidding? The original SWTOR story was alright, but the recent Eternal Empire stuff is full on fanfiction, and when you get to playing it it isn't even as good. You go through two dungeons and fight the big boss. That's all there was to it.
>>
>>49765736
I laughed.
>>
>>49765967
They're pretty good. AoR is my favorite, but mainly because I like somewhat more military-ish games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI
>>
>>49765967
Definitely. Grabbed the edge book a few years ago and never looked back. since you already have the beginner game you've already gotten over the first hurdle of needing specialized dice. I'd say figure out the mode of play you like (scum, rebels or force users), grab the respective book and go nuts
>>
>>49766103
You just don't understand how GRAND Darth Vitiate's vision is! The Eternal Empire is way different and more interesting and totally not just the Sith with a fresh coat of paint and the most mookish force users ever.
>>
>>49751767

It's mostly a blur before this, but I remember being really confused as to why Vader was trying to kill Luke if he was his dad. I watched ESB with my parents, and was super confused about it. I don't even think I was ten yet.
>>
File: 1476359996353.jpg (158KB, 1920x1025px)
1476359996353.jpg
158KB, 1920x1025px
>>49766241
GUYS
>>
Is there any good source of art for characters that'll fit in Star Wars that isn't more Vader clones, Fett clones, and Stormtrooper clones?
>>
File: splurt.gif (2MB, 360x240px)
splurt.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>49766241
This is good
>>
>>49766335
my dick is as hard as durasteel
>>
File: SWG-light-frighter.jpg (858KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SWG-light-frighter.jpg
858KB, 1500x1500px
>>49766241

o boi
>>
>>49766335

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>49766335
Whassthat?
>>
File: reb_ca_1217_14684cad.jpg (651KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1217_14684cad.jpg
651KB, 1280x720px
>>49766549
canon at work
>>
File: Endarconcept.jpg (114KB, 840x552px) Image search: [Google]
Endarconcept.jpg
114KB, 840x552px
>>49766549

Hammerhead battleship from KOTOR, made canon again through Rebels.
>>
>>49766556
>>49766558
Ok yeah I'm with the other anon, my dick is solid. Screenshot was blurry so I had no idea what I was seeing.
>>
File: DarkTrooper_egtd.png (266KB, 1000x940px) Image search: [Google]
DarkTrooper_egtd.png
266KB, 1000x940px
>>49766241

I don't like the music in this trailer as much as the others.
>>
>>49766556
>>49766558
Hammerheads are about the right size for X-wing Huge ships, right?
>>
File: reb_ca_1219_1d1aced5.jpg (498KB, 1280x762px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1219_1d1aced5.jpg
498KB, 1280x762px
>>49766848
I think they're about or almost the size of a C90 corvette (126.68 m), so yes.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/hammerhead-corvette
>>
>>49766241
Some of these shots, man...
>>
>>49766241
Holy shit the vent wasn't a fuck up it was Jyn's dad.
>>
File: vM9gxy5.jpg (82KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
vM9gxy5.jpg
82KB, 1366x768px
>>49766848
>>49766909
>>
>>49767076
Lewd.
>>
File: 1473805286721.jpg (53KB, 347x340px) Image search: [Google]
1473805286721.jpg
53KB, 347x340px
>>49766241
>Vader
>Those dogfights
>Best girl T-65 coming back
Oh baby, my body is ready.

That aside, where are all the aliens? I can understand the costumes being expensive and bulky, but you'd think that there would be at least one or two sitting around.
>>
>>49767288
There's a bunch, how did you miss them? There's one with Jyn in the beginning even.
>>
>>49766241
Hell, if this was an rpg situation, I'd just set the ship's iff to Minority Report.
>>
>>49766241
I'm really hoping the trailers aren't just teasing, and Rogue One gives us a healthy dose of real "war movie."

All of the movies are set in a war, "Wars" is in the name, but they aren't really war movies. These one-off movies like Rogue One are a perfect opportunity to tell new kinds of stories in the Star Wars galaxy on film. War movie, Western, crime drama, etc.
>>
>>49766241
le sassy quip girl movie

kys
>>
>>49767320
So there are. I wasn't paying enough attention.
>>
>>49767421
I saw a Mon Cal and that weird door gunner guy. Are there others I missed?
>>
File: wjW5aCp.jpg (434KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
wjW5aCp.jpg
434KB, 1000x675px
>>49767387
>>
>>49767450
I think in one of the prison break shots, the guy on the bottom left is some manner of alien. Not sure what species, though.
>>
>>49767465
It was a mexican.
>>
File: latest.png (806KB, 555x714px)
latest.png
806KB, 555x714px
>>49767450
>>
>>49767027
I did not even realize that was a fuckhuge jedi statue.
>>
>>49766241
>women in space

typical properganda from the liberal MSM that brought you ALL.NEW ALL DIVERSE GHOSTBUSTERS and Marey Sue's Cuckball Adventure

women can't survive in space, that's just science
>>
>>49767387
You must have really hated Leia
>>
Looks like someone is getting Ozzel'd.
>>
>>49767779
>erhmagerd, I um angree at gurls in movies
Grow up, faggot.
>>
>>49768195
>properganda
>women can't survive in space
I think he was being facetious there, anon.
>>
>>49768234
>cuck
>mary sue
I think he's 12.
>>
>>49767956
I need a "Vader's had enough of your shit" webm stat.
>>
>>49768427
I think you're an autist or a redditor who can't comprehend sarcasm.
>>
>>49768195
>>49768234
>>49768427
>>49768536
>>49768696

>maybe it's the anti SJWs who are just as bad

Stay cucked betabois, and let numales rape your childhood herkily jerkily
>>
>>49768195
>>49768234
>>49768427
>>49768696
>>49768731

Let's get this thread back on the rails. Post your Armada fleets.

Imperial Strike Fleet "Hammer of Wrath"

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Admiral Screed

Assault Objective: Precision Strike
Defense Objective: Fire Lanes
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory

[ flagship ] Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
- Admiral Screed ( 26 points)
- XX-9 Turbolasers ( 5 points)
- Overload Pulse ( 8 points)
= 124 total ship cost

Gladiator I-Class Star Destroyer (56 points)
- Assault Proton Torpedoes ( 5 points)
= 61 total ship cost

Gladiator I-Class Star Destroyer (56 points)
= 61 total ship cost

Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
- Agent Kallus ( 3 points)
- Expanded Hangar Bay ( 5 points)
= 57 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
- Expanded Hangar Bay ( 5 points)
- Bomber Command Center ( 8 points)
= 36 total ship cost

1 TIE Advanced Squadron ( 12 points)
2 TIE Interceptor Squadrons ( 22 points)
1 TIE Bomber Squadron ( 9 points)
1 Major Rhymer ( 16 points)
>>
>>49768696
>muh sarcasm
Poe's Law says you're a faggot and to go die in a fire.

Sarcastically.
>>
>>49768731
How's adolescence treating you?

>hurr suplex
>cuck
>rape
That bad, huh?
>>
>>49768980
I know an anon attempted a beginners guide to x wing. Is there something similar to armada?
>>
>>49769499
No idea, unfortunately. Sorry anon.
>>
>>49769668
Its fine, X wing already rapes my wallet with HotAC and the new waves coming out
>>
>>49768980
I'm not sure if I want to do a Madine Liberty + 2 Nebs fleet or 2MC30c, 2 TRC90s led by Mothma/Rieekan/Cracken (undecided). I feel like the second fleet idea is more powerful but I love Nebulons and flying straight at a Star Destroyer as Rebels makes me feel badass.
>>
File: DrDick.jpg (36KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
DrDick.jpg
36KB, 720x540px
>>49766241
>>49766335
>X-Wings will feature in multiple battles
>Maybe even a Skyhook style brawl
>There are more than 4 of them

IS IT DECEMBER YET JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>49752257
>post your earlier memory of star wars

I was scared of the cinema when I was a little kid, as an already nervous child sitting in a darkened room being bombarded by noise and flashing lights was terrifying. That was all about to change.

When I was about 4 or 5 my dad took me and my cousin marc to go see Ep1: the phantom menace. I can still vividly remember being enthralled by that fucking underwater sequence, by the bright lights and by the (then) mindblowing spaceship battles. From that day on, I was never scared of the cinema again.
>>
>>49769866

I feel that the 2 Nebs would do better, as you would have better squadron control, and Rebel squadrons are typically better than Imperial equivalents.
>>
File: red squadron.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
red squadron.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>[X-Wing flashbacks intensify]
>>
>>49770221
Oh no they're the gunship version, not Yavaris. Salvation is my ship-fu.
>>
>>49770226
>every scene in the trailer with X-Wings has one getting shot down or crashing

They're gonna be redshirts.
>>
AoR stats for the U-Wing when?
>>
>>49770267
This is a franchise where a redshirt took out the Executor. It's gonna be fine.
>>
>>49751767
>post your earlier memory of star wars
My parents worked a lot when I was little.

My dad was a teacher and my mom went to school and worked as a waitress.

So when my dad would come home and my mom was working every Friday, he would pop in a VHS of Star Wars and he, my brother and I would watch all three in a night.

It was great because it would never get old and only got better the more and more I understood the movies as I grew up.

To this day they are still some of my comfiest memories and maybe why I love Star Wars as much as I do.
>>
>>49770295
Plus, at least one guy has a custom paint job. So he's probably going to live, or at least die heroically.
>>
>>49770246

I see. The MC30s, on the other hand, could be used instead. They have better all around shielding and their broadsides are stupid powerful even without upgrades.
>>
>>49770226
>This is Red Two, I've got a starship firing at me!

That epic remix of the Force Theme and Forrest Whitaker telling us to save the dream, though.
>>
>>49770267
They're redshirts in the real movies/OT, too.
>>
>>49770687
Yeah, but this time they don't have named characters to save their asses.
>>
>>49770741
"Redshirt X-Wing Pilots: A Star Wars Story".
>>
What is your personal Star Wars canon?
>>
>>49770764
Shadows of the Empire holds as canon, but Dash Rendar is less sass and more Man With No Name.
>>
>>49770764
Tales of the Jedi, KotoR I & II, SWTOR (Empire Wins), Unprecedented cataclysmic war of some type, Prequels, Clone Wars Cartoons (Both of them), Rebels Seasons 1 and 2, Original Trilogy, X-Wing series and Thrawn Trilogy.
>>
What do you think about my squad guys?
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!171:27,-1,-1,190,118,194:29:-1:;123:135,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:;123:135,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
Tbh, have no idea about what to pick on Dengar.
>>
>>49770852
Also no Eternal Empire, just no.
>>
>>49770226
Is that the Sundered Heart in the background or just a corvette with other ships behind it?
>>
>>49770741
Good, some battles with scale that don't look like garbage would be nice. We haven't had one since RotJ, or maybe TFA.
>>
>>49770226
>>49770887
Ah damn, it's just a Nebbie from a funny angle.
>>
>>49770852
>SWTOR (Empire Wins)
so how do you explain the Republic

>>49770871
Agreed. Eternal Empire doesn't fit into SWTOR itself, let alone Star Wars. You're telling me Vitiate, who built the Sith Empire as a cult of personality around himself, just got bored and ditched it and went to his backup empire that's so secret and so powerful it can beat the Republic AND the Empire? Get outta here with that shit. Not to mention it just stinks of the 'oc donut steal' syndrome.
>>
>>49759675
>If you look closely you can see the stormtrooper who is for the first time in his questioning why he signed on for driving this piece of shit.
>>
>>49770950
*in his life is
>>
>>49770933
>Agreed. Eternal Empire doesn't fit into SWTOR itself, let alone Star Wars. You're telling me Vitiate, who built the Sith Empire as a cult of personality around himself, just got bored and ditched it and went to his backup empire that's so secret and so powerful it can beat the Republic AND the Empire? Get outta here with that shit. Not to mention it just stinks of the 'oc donut steal' syndrome

Fucking EVERYTHING about that entire series of DLC is unbelievably fucking stupid fluff-wise.
I want them to just go fuck off and write their shitty fan fiction in forums where it can be properly ignored like it's supposed to be.
>>
>>49770933
>so how do you explain the Republic
Due to Sith infighting and Imperial Rule not being able to cover the entire Galaxy, The Sith Empire crumbled upon itself as the Jedi resurged from Fallen Sith.

A millennium of Peace would then begin.
>>
>>49770933
Just FYI both those posts were me. As for explaining the Republic, they were defeated, but not completely destroyed. The Sith onslaught forced them to move all their forces to the much more heavily defended core worlds, which themselves already had a very sizable defense fleet. The Republic basically lost everything but the core, but rebuilt themselves after the Cataclysmic war a couple thousand years later.
>>
>>49770764
A happy ending to the post-Hand of Thrawn galaxy.

>Vong never happened
>Jacen never fell
>Chewie and Mara lived
>Pellaeon retired and spent his last days in peace
>Kyp Durron tried and imprisoned for his bullshit
>Rosh Pennin killed in a freak space station and clown accident
>>
>>49771032
>>49771070
I guess that explains the whole 'once more the Sith will rule' that Sheev goes on about. I'd have made some changes though, like the SD-type ships out to have come from the Republic and then get stolen by the Sith.

>>49770981
Valkie/Vitiate's whole Mary Sue gang of family is pretty stupid too.
>>
>>49771105
I don't know who either of them are.
Never played TOR and just had a roommate for awhile who did.
>>
>>49771142
Vaylin, Arcann, Senya, etc.
>>
>>49771105
>I guess that explains the whole 'once more the Sith will rule' that Sheev goes on about. I'd have made some changes though, like the SD-type ships out to have come from the Republic and then get stolen by the Sith.
I Hadn't even thought of that, it's also a convenient excuse as to why nobody ever mentions any of the shit that happened during the Old Republic Era.
>>
>>49770764
Broad strokes of everything that I like and my friends might like in an RPG game. I'm personally a big fan of the Imperial warlord period. If I had to chose specific stuff, I'd probably take the Clone Wars miniseries and relate content over The Clone Wars and that era stuff.
>>
>>49770764
whatever i find cool or interesting. so mostly everything apart from eternal empire and the dumb stuff from the old EU
>>
>>49770273

Well, we have two more career books. But probably need more hard information which won't come until after the movie drops.
>>
>>49770764
Lotsa comic stuff. KOTOR 1 and 2 except they're set around 1,000 BBY and the New Sith Wars arose from the chaos surrounding the aftermath of KOTOR 2. Jolee Bindo did in fact fight Exar Kun, but he went into a Force Trance on Kashykk and was woken up Thousands of years later when Revan found him.

A decent number of books from the Old EU but Hand of Thrawn is where it all ended.

The events of the Prequels happened but they didn't necessarily happen as they were portrayed.

TOR can go fuck itself. Except for some of the cutscenes and designs. Those were pretty cool.
>>
>>49770764
Whatever I like
>>
>>49771524
Oh, Rahm Kota is canon but Starkiller is not.
>>
>>49771304
Vitiate, Revan and Malak get namedropped. Same with a bunch of other SWTOR NPC Sith. That's about it.
>>
File: mgr raiden vs sam.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px)
mgr raiden vs sam.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>49771568
>Starkiller
Why remove him when you could easily modify him and his story into something far more entertaining?
>>
>>49771105
>I guess that explains the whole 'once more the Sith will rule' that Sheev goes on about

Pretty sure he's referring to the OLD Sith Lords, not the posers in the Empire.

>>49771616
Because the idea of him creating the Rebellion as part of the Emperor and Vader's plan is dumb. I like the idea that the Rebellion had its roots in the Senate's Loyalist Party which tried to curb Palpatine's rise to power but was eliminated. Padme was one of the people who helped get it started, along with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.

How would you turn it into MGR?
>>
>>49771616
As good as that is that takes it too far in the wrong direction for canon.

I'd just downgrade him to a rogue inquisitor that defected to the Rebellion and helped act as their muscle early on before dying or getting crippled/captured.
>>
>>49771733
>How would you turn it into MGR?
Take out the Rebellion stuff, give the writers a mountain of cocaine, and let them run wild.
>>
>>49771876
So, more of a non-canon thing like Bink and Tag?
>>
>>49771899
I was thinking more along the lines of Jedi Prince.
>>
>>49772109
A non-canon thing.
>>
>>49772146
Pseudo-canon. Retconned and modified to hell and back, but with many broad strokes still intact.
>>
File: porkins.jpg (453KB, 1532x563px) Image search: [Google]
porkins.jpg
453KB, 1532x563px
Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this oddly coincidental detail.
>>
>>49772199
What's still intact from Jedi Prince?
>>
>>49770741
Inb4 young Wedge, Biggs, and Porkins cameos
>>
>>49772207
if porkins saves the day I will be a very happy man
>>
>>49751767
Seeing a rerun of the SW-themed Muppet Babies episode on early 90s Nickelodeon. My first thought was "What the hell is this?"
>>
>>49772207
>>49772250
Or just another Tierfieon Yellow Ace.
>>
>>49772207

That's also the Tierfon Yellow Aces symbol.
>>
>>49772250
More like lone survivor. This is the battle where he loses his edge and spirals into the fat slob from ANH.
>>
>>49772229
Moff Hissa, Trioculus, and the Central Committee of Grand Moffs still existed, just competing with Isard for power rather than acting as the sole Imperial authority.

A lot of shit was retconned, un-retconned, and modified--more than I can fit with the character limit--so I'll just post the Wookieepedia link:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Prince#Jedi_Prince_and_the_rest_of_the_Expanded_Universe
>>
>>49772207
Youre not the only one
>>
File: 1277411944058.jpg (177KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1277411944058.jpg
177KB, 900x900px
>>49772320
>porkins is fat because he is haunted by the nightmares
>>
>>49772229
>>49772321
Also they retconned both Trioculus and Triclops into science experiments by Mammon Hoole and Borborygmus Gog from the Galaxy.of.FEAR! books.

>>49772362
>>49772320
I liked Jolly fat Porkins better.
>>
>>49772362
>>49772320
>It's here. It's that THING. It killed my friends and now it's gonna kill me.
>.....
>Hope you guys have been saving me a seat at the bar up there.
>>
>>49772362
>He tried to hold it because he didn't want to fail his friends a second time
>>
>>49772250
>>49772320

Porkins had a rep as a really competent pilot who was particularly skilled at striking ground targets. He might get his rep back.
>>
File: 1292511660855.jpg (295KB, 664x955px) Image search: [Google]
1292511660855.jpg
295KB, 664x955px
>>49772427
stop I don't want these feels right now
>>
>>49772320
>>49772416
>>49772427
I didn't ask for these feels.

>>49772447
Wedge Antilles himself praised him as a better pilot than he was.
>>
>>49772427
https://youtu.be/nzxsswCbiU0

>"Take My Breath Away"
[Fat wheezing intensifies]
>>
>>49772582
You're gonna carry that weight
>>
X wing players I need some help. I'm working on a duo arc-170 list (Bey and Norra regen), and I have 24 points left over. What do I use it on? I was thinking blockers, possibly 2x z95s or a Green squadron A wing. Suggestions?
>>
I want to do some sort of ARC+K-wing list for XWM. Any suggestions?
>>
>>49772485
What Wedge actually said is that Porkins basically always kept his inertial compensators on maximum which Wedge felt that it made him unaware if he was flying out of control or not and thus rather then ejecting or trying to pull out he kept trying to hold it when his stabilizer was in fact too far gone for him to live.
Wedge himself leaves his compensators on at 80%-ish at all times so he can get a better feel about how fast he's going and if his fighter will be able to do maneuvers in time.
>>
>>49772592
Now I've got to come to terms with the fact that the movie can't possibly be as good as this.
>>
>>49772670
He used that as an example of "...Even a the best pilots in the Rebellion make mistakes."
>>
>>49772609
If you can't make enough points for Biggs, definitely go for Z pair over a mid-range Awing. The extra arc and red dice will ultimately be more useful
>>
>>49772670

>>49772736

I mean more like even when you're the best pilot in the Rebellion, a single mistake can end it.
>>
>>49771616
Starkiller is a gay sue, and his fans are everything wrong with the EU. So glad he's retconned.
>>
>>49772650
Bey, two K wings with homing missles extra munitions G chips and my personal preference tactician (or you could try to fit some turrets)
>>
File: Stealth-A Wings.png (332KB, 1407x681px)
Stealth-A Wings.png
332KB, 1407x681px
Next-Gen Stealth A-Wings anyone?

Imagine being on a a routine combat patrol with your wingman in TIE fighters and being jumped by these four jokers.
>>
>>49773179
>Stealth

Waste of time. Just go faster.
>>
File: Gotta Go Fast.jpg (253KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gotta Go Fast.jpg
253KB, 1920x1200px
>>49773299
Forgot pic
>>
There's an irony to the way I play X-Wing. I much prefer small ships to large ships, but large ships seem to fit me better.
>>
>>49772207
Where's his beard?
>>
>>49759675
Those one's had self destruct devices!

With no ejection system!
>>
>>49773417
Fit you better how? Your playstyle?
>>
>>49773571
It's very upgrade-heavy. My lists tend to be three X-wings (both kinds), but I'll have some YT-1300/T-70 lists once Heroes comes out. I'm also considering having a Falcon/U-wing list once that comes out.
>>
Are there stats for the Imperial Light Cruiser somewhere?
>>
>>49773649
I understand, and can say I'm a bit of the same. Goo thing Scum got so many fun large ships.
>>
>>49773674
Which one? The empire has a lot of light cruisers
>>
>>49773871
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_light_cruiser
>>
>>49773906
Nothing canon, but i could probably throw some together
>>
>>49772320

Rogue One takes place like a day before ANH begins so he really must have chowed down.
>>
>>49774034
he looks similar enough size wise, just needs the beard, of which he could easily grow in the month or two between the start and end of ANH
>>
>>49763651
>>49764000
It's in Forged in battle but they got the ammo count rwrong, one LJ-50 Conc cell is worth FIVE shots (And that's ignoring the fact that Dark Forces and Jedi Knight conc rifles ran on standard power cells)
>>
>>49774333
>>49764000
Well shit. Guess I'll settle for the 8 guage scattergun in Fly Casual.
>>
>>49774655

What? Why?
Get the Conc rifle, it's fun!
>>
>>49774655

There is also the trando energy shotgun.
>>
File: tumblr_nihzwsT7ic1rytkhdo1_1280.png (384KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nihzwsT7ic1rytkhdo1_1280.png
384KB, 600x700px
Rewatching the first two seasons of Rebels before

Is it weird if I really, really like Minister Tua now?

Is it weird if I want her to come back, become the Rebellion's version of Venom Snake, and rain down fiery vengeance against the Empire?
>>
>>49770328
I haven't played much, but MC30s seem so weird to me. They're a pretty light ship - speed 4, 4 hull - but their broadsides say they want to get in and knife fight at close range.

I think in an ideal world, they dance around at long range - where they get the most out of their evade tokens - until they're in position to fly into close range and unload on an enemy.
>>
File: 12312312313.jpg (213KB, 1284x721px)
12312312313.jpg
213KB, 1284x721px
Yo dawgs, heading up north for a charity X-Wing Tournament tomorrow. I've been using Defenders ever since they came out, and seems to me that a tractor Vessery is the perfect partner for the ATC Advanced.

The basic strat is the TIE/X1's get all up in the grill of the enemy and mob high priority targets with crits, with Vessery staying at long range and backing them up. They're entirely expendable - expected to chew up the enemy, give Vess his locks and get him safely into the lategame, where he can joust the survivors into oblivion. I've got good experience with the /X1 and the /D, so I'm pretty confident with this.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!70:27,144,-1:34:17:;128:27,-1:23:2:U.124;148:170,-1:23:2:U.124&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Thoughts?
>>
>>49775560
My other idea is a modernization of my old Double D's list from the days when HLC's and Engine Upgrades were pretty much the only viable option for them. Dropping the HLC's down to Ion's and the EU's down to TIE Mk-II's drops fourteen points off my list. Drop Lone Wolf from Rexler Brath, and I can fit a bog-standard TIE/v1 as target lock fodder for Vessery and a cheap blocker.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!71:-1,22,-1:34:17:;70:27,22,-1:34:17:;166:-1:27:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

I won a Stores with the old version of this list (and one-shotted Serissu on turn 1) so I'm pretty partial to this list also, but only bought the TIE/AP yesterday so have no experience with it. A better idea, or go with the less risky play?
>>
>>49775599
>>49775560
Theres only 2 viable ways to run tie advanceds really and you chose neither of them.

Shield upgrades are too expensive to ever be worth it, also your defenders are janky
>>
>>49775653
And those are? Since I moved back into my hometown, I haven't been able to get any games in (since before wave Jumpmaster hit), so I'm a bit out of the loop.
>>
>>49775693
You either run vader as a full ace, or you run generics with x1 and accuracy correctors which give you a solid ship with consistent damage output for 21 points
>>
>>49775176
It's just your dick talking.
>>
>>49775653
Bullshit. Lt Colzert, and Juno Eclipse are both viable as well.
>>
>>49776012
theyre average at best. Fine for pick up games against friends
>>
>>49775176
>no hat
You fucking degenerate.
>>
>>49775726
Honestly, I love Defenders way too much to drop them from my list. I've had great success with them from day one.

However, turns out, I can fit Vader and Juno into my list pretty well. I have to sacrifice the Vessery/ATC synergy (which I love) in order to do it, but it gives me a full flight of PS9 with a point of initiative bid.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!193:27,144,-1:34:17:;22:140,-1:23:17:U.124;147:170,-1:23:-1:U.124&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>49776244
I mean feel free to run that list its perfectly servicable theres just a lot of upgrades there that i feel wont do that much
>>
>>49776244
Thats a weird gimped vader
Juno isnt that great
Vessery is way better than Mareek could ever hope to be
Twin ion engines on those ships isnt really useful at all
>>
Going to make a new thread
>>
New thread!
>>49776470
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.