[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've told your GM you appreciate them, right? What nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: 1450774277573.jpg (123KB, 615x850px) Image search: [Google]
1450774277573.jpg
123KB, 615x850px
You've told your GM you appreciate them, right?

What nice things have you done for your GM?
>>
My GM trats me like shit. Fuck him.
>>
I fap regularly and buy me nice things
>>
File: 1456063045388.jpg (331KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1456063045388.jpg
331KB, 1200x799px
>>49748454
They tell me, sometimes.
>>
>>49748480
Then don't play with him? You shouldn't actively spend time with someone who is a dick to you. It is bad for your self esteem.
>>
>>49748830
Only game I can get. I've been looking for a new group for something like 5 years now, but no one online that's any good wants to take on a hearing impaired person. And I live in a "town" with low three-digit population.
>>
>>49748454
I've gifted him a few games on Steam in the past.
>>
>>49748850
Not gaming is better than a bad game.
And consider text games. I switched to text only because I can't talk for very long without pain.
>>
>>49748894
That's what I have with my current GM. It's painfully slow; our "introductory session" woth two three-turn combat encounters took six weeks to resolve, and three weeks later we haven't entered another arc yet, it's all been filler.
>>
>>49748909
That's just a shitty game all together, then. See prior statement about not gaming > bad gaming.
>>
File: 1470413308438.jpg (259KB, 1000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1470413308438.jpg
259KB, 1000x1502px
>>49748454

i slept with his gf, constantly give him shitty advice, and constantly threaten to kill him

its me
>>
>>49748944
That's fucked up, consider getting help Anon.
>>
File: 1429149589935.png (638KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429149589935.png
638KB, 1200x1000px
>>49748454
Sucked his dick
>>
>>49748454

I pick up and drive home my GM every time we play that should count right?
>>
>>49748894

I think you can't run text-based game the same way you play "ordinary games".

You need a more freeform system like Dungeon World or FATe where big actions take few rolls. This will let you give a broad description of what you want to do and then the GM can work from there to make lots of things happen at once.

That should help the pacing.
>>
>>49748454
I turn their notes into cool looking documents to increase our player immersion.
>>
I've told him that he's the best GM I've had, which is true

If anything I want more games with my group but I also dont want to make him GM all the time

Before you ask; everyone else is too socially awkward to do it and I COULD but I dont know where to start
>>
It's not blue board appropriate, but she's gay and I indulged her.
>>
I GM for a few people and they tell me they enjoy the games I run.
>>
Oldfag here
Forever GM for about 17 years now.
Stopped running games 2 years ago due to lack of motivation and time restraints, feels batman.
It's like I've given up on myself.

Anyway, the lack of motivation came from not feeling appreciated by players. Players would cancel attendance last minute, or seemingly look for excuses to not show up to the session.
If I give them downtime activities, they always fail to do their 'homework'.
Never read material I give them: 'But you said we didn't HAVE to read it'.
Most of my regulars were in their thirties, and yet it felt like running a daycare for adults.

Other times I get passing comments that I'm the only GM who knows how to run story driven games, or how other GMs are shit. Or I would hear from their friends how I'm awesome.

Conflicted as fuck... Why cant they show me their appreciation in game related means. I don't mean like buy me shit - I'm not a teenage girl.
They need to show up for the session, ready to game, and do their part.
So many players feel like RPGs are a one man show run by the GM, and they can just do nothing until it's their turn to roll dice.
And trust me, I cherry picked my players - those were the best that I could find.

Sorry for the rant.
I think I spoiled them and that they burned me out. Don't let this happen to your GM, show them some love.
>>
Told him I apprciate the time he put into what is the only good game I've played in forever and gave him a break, by hosting a game he and the rest would also like.
>>
File: Traveller Sex Tape TPK.png (28KB, 733x339px) Image search: [Google]
Traveller Sex Tape TPK.png
28KB, 733x339px
>>49750311
Have you considered the possibility that they're socially maladjusted fuck-ups who think saying 'other GMs are shit' is the same as saying 'you're great'? I mean, you're on 4chan. You should know that some people are idiots that can't grasp social interaction.

I'm assuming you tried explaining how you felt to them.
>>
>>49748454
I left the campaign so we don't have to suffer each other's presence anymore. And I sure as fuck don't want to play Dresden Files
>>
File: Tell me everything.gif (1MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
Tell me everything.gif
1MB, 500x210px
>>49750360
That is not the image I meant to attach.
>>
>>49750389

Yet I'm glad you did, it's hilarious
>>
Give him handjobs on a regular basis.
I'm the perm-GM. And I like it.
>>
>>49748454
I GMd for him.
>>
>>49748944
> Has a GF

> Cheats on his waifu with 3D-PD

But seriously, get some help before you kill yourself and fuck up the people that care about you.
>>
>>49750389
that's some serious dreamworks face
>>
I always thanks my GM after every session. It's online, but if it was irl I'd bring snacks.

Doesn't sound like much, but it's more than I got when I GM'ed. Next time I GM irl I'm forcing my players to make a cash pool for group snacks
>>
>>49748454
I was the GM. My crippling self-doubt killed my game.
>>
>>49748481
#same
>>
>>49750470
I'm gonna wait for the Shadbase re-draw.
>>
>>49748454
>What nice things have you done for your GM?

I play D&D with them every week

If you don't enjoy it just stop GMing
>>
You know, being foreverDM is not so bad, I've gradually come to accept. Everyone is so shit at DMing, I'd rather not pressure anyone to do it anymore.
>>
>>49748454
I usually thank them after each session, and I'm running a short campaign someday.
>tfw any game I try to run never gets off the ground
>>
>>49748454
I made out with my GM at a party. It was 4th worst decision I've ever made. He liked it though.
>>
I don't really understand the whole "GM fatigue" idea. Being a GM is great, I get way more out of it than the players do, can work out session planning pretty quickly so it doesn't waste too much of my time, and everyone has to schedule around my own schedule so as long as I give a fair warning and a new time works for everyone else I can slide around session dates when something comes up.
>>
>>49750883
Creativity blocks happen, not everybody can improvise/quickly plan, especially over a very long period of time.
Not all parties are easily accommodating. Real life catches up, it ends up just being another weekly responsibility, etc, etc.

Plus thirst to actually play for once.
>>
>>49750883
I love GMing, and I'm permaGM for my group. Still, sometimes it gets a bit tiring to always be GM, and I like to take a more ridiculous role, or just take a backseat for a while. In those cases, I'm lucky I have a few people in my group that are able to GM games instead of me.
>>
>>49750883
You're one of the lucky few then. Not everyone has the mental state or personality to start, much less perpetuate, that sort of positive environment.
>>
>>49750843
And the other 3?
>>
>>49749137
Did it taste like lies and things that never happened?
>>
>>49749615
Same for me. I wanna give him a break and run some Rogue Trader. But Im busy through so much of the week. Plus gf. I need to learn better time management
>>
>>49750311
Respect in game is one of the better ways to show you are thankful. All players should think on this.
>>
File: Hamilton.jpg (110KB, 382x504px) Image search: [Google]
Hamilton.jpg
110KB, 382x504px
As long as everyone tells me they had fun, what they liked about the game and what they thought could be improved, then that's fine with me.
>>
I run games that my GM wants me to run, he runs games I want him to run. Oh and we're good friends.
>>
File: kid-crying-interview.gif (4MB, 360x189px) Image search: [Google]
kid-crying-interview.gif
4MB, 360x189px
O-of course my players appreciate me. They don't have to tell me.
>>
We play at one of my players apartment and they always make food for everyone.
>>
He's a close friend, I can't tell him I appreciate him, that shit's gay as fuck.

I'd rather just keep questioning his sexuality and talk shit on a regular basis.

How do you and your friends treat each other /tg/?
>>
>>49749615
>Before you ask, everyone in the group is too socially awkward and I am also socially awkward.

Ftfy
>>
>>49748454
tfw players don't appreciate the hardwork you do to create an enjoyable expirence for them.
>Only get thanked when i pay for pizza
>always have to clean up
>never a thank you
>barely get any comments on my game
>players create so much drama i considered leaving roleplay for good.
>try to create intresting scenes and expirences
>players always go get drunk at the tavern
>only good players is there every other session
>he drives the campaign
>everyone makes fun of him and accuses me for making him the main character
Because focusing on a Chosen One Paladin in a setting full of undead is a bad thing.
>>
>>49755204
Pretty much exactly the same.
>>
>>49755204

I tell my bro that I love him sometimes, we've been friends since we were six years old.

"No homo, but I love you bro."

He hates nerdy shit, but he always humors me and plays D&D and Shadowrun when he visits during the holidays. He always plays a fighter named Hank. Every single time. My play group loves him, no homo, and hates it when he has to leave again.
>>
>>49755357
There's a little home isn't there. A lot even.
>>
I remember some genuine heartfelt stuff I told my GM.

I remember when I used to GM, my players would say they appreciated me and had fun but they never
>prepared themselves for the game
>read the rules
>even remembered what happened last game

Actions, not words, people
>>
>>49750311

>>49756242 here

Same boat. I remember trying to pass the mantle, but my friends were even worse as GM's, if they even stepped up. I'll meet them on monday for board game night, if they show up
>>
My very first GM, I still hang out with eleven years later, and I'm doing a free editing for his board game instruction manual when usually I would charge a lot. My most recent GM was a douchebucket, and we haven't spoken lately.
>>
>>49748454
A player telling me my games are great is enough, but I like when they ask me permission to use my contents to GM other people.
>>
My group is purchasing a $200 wooden engraved Dm screen for him. He's great.
>>
>>49748454
This is the only thread up currently where I feel like I can ask this question. It concerns NOT pissing off DMs.

I'm brand new to actually PLAYING D&D. I'm all in for roleplaying, trying to channel This Guy, just getting into the actual mechanics of the hobby.

Is it considered assholish to bend the rules too much? Like my first encounter was against a slime that split when hit with bladed-damage. I had a crossbow that could damage it, but I was playing a fighter and wanted to get more into the thick of it. I asked once if I could paddle it with the flat of my sword, and then later when it'd been split up more if I could stomp on it.

Should I just shut up and swing my sword/shoot my crossbow?
>>
>>49760488
You're always allowed to ask if you may improvise. Ask the DM if it's annoying.
>>
>>49748454

I give him a blowjob after each session.

Sometimes during sessions.

The other players only get angry handjobs.
>>
>>49748454
I volunteered for a turn behind the screen to give him a chance to play. I just hope someone either him or someone else does the same for me, as I get burned out after about an arc.
>>
My players told me I'm the best DM they've ever had, and that they love the system I made up that I mostly just make up on the fly. And that they love how deep my world is.

>>49760488
This
>>49760518
>>
>>49751895
Getting drunk at that party. That was like #2. Never again will I get drunk off of red wine and sips of other people's vodka. My Ipod and purse were stolen. Thats a terrible combo to loss during frosh week.

#3 was not coming out to my family sooner. It turns out that they weren't lying when they said they loved me.

I'm saving #1. I haven't screwed up too recently bad, so I'm hedging my beats now to kind of pre-empt fate.
>>
>>49755245
People in this hobby as toxic as fck
>>
>>49762997
It's true. And I'm not entirely sure why.
>>
I've never been thanked out of the blue, just as part of end of session patter.
>>
>>49762997
all people are toxic
>>
>>49748944
damn, i don't know which situation is worse: pre or post spoiler
but seriously get help getting your stuff sorted. no one wants a friend and GM gone.
>>
>>49763042
Entitlement Man, everyone is used to instant gratification and video games. Makes it easy. These kiddies haven't had to work for their win in forever
>>
I ask about his setting's details. I try and talk to him about how to make sure my character fits the theme and tone he's going for. I give him ideas for plot hooks that I like and mold my characters to work with ones he wants to use. I offer to help him set up, clean up, et cetera. I've even co-GMed to let him focus on things he's better at while I run the things he doesn't like doing.

I hate doing all of it, but he's my friend so I don't mind doing it for him.
>>
>>49748454
I used to be a gm, my players were being shit heads to me despite saying they loved my games and really wanted me to run more for them. So I left. They begged me back and no one could get their shit together. So I black listed them, and ghosted them. And now, I have a distinct lack of players because I moved away from all the good players when my family ousted me. Fuck my life.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.