[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tg/ like limited MTG? >Draft >Sealed Personally,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 14

File: Image.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137KB, 223x311px
Does /tg/ like limited MTG?

>Draft
>Sealed

Personally, I love it. It's pretty much the only way I play MTG anymore. I think it's reasonable to argue Draft is one of if the not the most skill testing formats besides being just plain fun. I love playing commons and uncommons, building my deck on limited resources and finding great synergies. It even solves the "pay-to-win" angle of a TCG some people hate.
>>
File: Image (1).png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
124KB, 223x311px
Bump for great Kaladesh build arounds?
>>
Limited is pretty much all I play anymore. Standard rotates too quickly and is kind of boring anyway (Kaladesh brought some wacky things, so I might be looking into something cheap for Standard) and Modern and Legacy have been ruined by our greatest ally.
Limited very rarely changes in price and is always full of excitement.

I'll agree that drafting is one of the most skill-intensive facets of this game, but I also feel that Sealed gets written off too quickly. They're different beasts that require different skills and Sealed is still hard to get good at.
>>
>>49730944
I've been trying to focus on draft recently, but I definitely agree that sealed is a different skill set. I've found that I tend to excel in Sealed a bit more, since I think my card evaluation is pretty good. I just have a lot more trouble in draft. It's difficult to find the correct mix of cards to build a deck with synergy and power.
>>
>>49730625
I love drafting

Fuck sealed though
>>
>>49731017
Why the sealed hate friend?
>>
>>49731023
I dislike the potential variance in sealed. Sometimes I'll enter a sealed PPTQ and just get a pile of unplayable rares and miss on most common or uncommon limited staples and have to play through the rounds crippled.

Drafting to me is way better and more balanced because 8 people essentially share all the cards except the ones you first pick. So if packs are bad it hurts everyone and if a pack is insane it makes everyones pool a little better.

In comparison in sealed I feel a lot more often against a player of the same caliber that it just comes down to how good was your pool, not how well you put it together or played the game.
>>
>>49731023
I feel with draft you have more control for consistency in colors you wish to play with. Even if you and another player are competing for colors one of you can switch and just start absorbing one of the colors not being used and build off that.

Sealed is more you get what you get, work with it, and the card pool, while allowing more deck options, is still less consistent. That's just my experience with the formats though.
>>
i love draft, aside from commander i think its the most fun
>>
>>49731111
>>49731099
I guess it's just a thing of mindsets. Sealed really appeals to me because of the high variance and how in spite of that, you very frequently see the same people do really well.
I especially love those times where it looks like the pool is garbage and four of your rares were lands so all bets are off and you're forced to make this off the wall monstrosity that no sane person would have ever considered.
And then making it work.
Maybe I'm just screwed in the head.
>>
>>49731099
I get what you're saying about the variance. Opening a shitty pool just feels bad, but of course your average sealed pool is going to look worst than your draft pools. It's just a different experience and requires a different plan. I think finding the best deck in your pool is a skill that needs a bit more respect. People tend to make a big deal about getting bomb rares in sealed, but they still don't mean much if you're deck is crap. Just like draft, sealed needs to be practiced.

That being said, you still have to play that one guy that gets the most insane pool and always draws his bombs. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>49731169
I get the appeal of that. There's a gross satisfaction from watching said monstrosity come together.
>>
Cube is your favorite way to play magic. Memorable broken plays like edh, but not circlejerky. Also allows for unique experiences, like desert cube or back drafting
>>
File: 1214537500032.jpg (52KB, 712x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1214537500032.jpg
52KB, 712x1095px
>>49731185
>That being said, you still have to play that one guy that gets the most insane pool and always draws his bombs. Fuck that guy.
I will never forget the guy who opened two Consecrated Sphinxes. This is a very accurate depiction of me during our first game,
>>
>>49731023
sealed is a lottery most of the time all things being equal the guy who opens 4 or five on color bombs will win. Draft is the same to a much smaller extent as there is a lot more strategy to drafting.
>>
>>49731223
Two Sphinx's? That's nothing. My store did box sealed for Kaladesh release. The guy who won opened a Sol Ring masterpiece. You haven't known pain until you get T1 Sol ring into Smuggler Copter, and T2 Chief of the Foundry to pilot a 4/4 copter. Turn 2....
>>
File: kaladesh release 1 pool.png (1MB, 1503x820px) Image search: [Google]
kaladesh release 1 pool.png
1MB, 1503x820px
Limited best.

I do a few sealed usually online once the new set hits. Here's a pool. What's the build?
>>
>>49735204
rg + 1 swamp
>>
>>49735251
I'd go with 3 swamps, splash disintegration, pillar-bug.
>>
Can NOT wrap my head around Kaladesh draft
Sometimes it's mindless ignore-the-opponent aggro or tempo
Sometimes it's staring at each other for 15 turns

Cannot figure out why sometimes I go undefeated with a seemingly horrible deck while getting crushed with a high quality on curve deck. Might be because it's early and people are drafting lolwhut decks and changing colours often, but I really feel like Kaladesh - probably I - lack consistancy
>>
>>49735870
You already have Attune the Aether, Wild Wanderer and Prophetic Prism though. That's already 4 swamps.
>>
>>49730625

i love draft/sealed but Cube is my love

i wish there were more Cube threads on /tg/
>>
I'm new to magic and decided to start on drafts. I've only been to two so far, but plan on going again this friday. any tips/wisdom you guys can give me that the people I'll be playing with may neglect to give?

the second draft I went to (this past friday) I got a 'chandra, torch of defiance', which I traded at the end of the night for a nissa and $12 because I like the green cards. was this a decent trade?
>>
>>49730625
Limited is the only sane way to play TCGs.
>>
>>49730944
if you like wacky things and cheap standard play the RG pummeler deck going around
>>
>>49730625

I absolutely despise anything that isn't constructed, except for cube.
>>
I like sealed a lot more than draft, but both are pretty good formats.

That being said, I have no interest in Kaladesh. It just seems... not good. I know a legion of limited/standard fags are going to tell me I'm wrong, but from what I've seen, either both people durdle for the entire match, or they just swing without giving a shit, and both those are not fun ways to play magic. The removal suite isn't good, there isn't really any reliable cheap card draw, there are a TON of fuck huge stupid creatures, and next to zero ramp. I don't know, it just seems like it was specifically geared for new players, and as a result it's less interesting.
>>
>>49736959
Yeah, when I played it, it was just people throwing vehicles at each other.
The whole energy mechanic is worthless.
>>
>>49737055
I also hate this whole "balancing for limited" design philosophy. For a multiplayer specific expansion set? Sure, no problem. For a standard set? Absolutely not. I feel bad for those players who got started at Zendikar because they have no idea what a reasonable power level is. 95% of their cards are unplayable in eternal formats, and even EDH decks made cards from that era are distinctly awful.

This frontier thing is just the worst. WotC realized that they released a whole pile of unplayable garbage, and instead of releasing new quality cards to make up for it, they're creating another format to justify the shittiness. That's just stupid.
>>
>>49737082
Frontier ain't a Wizards creation though.
>>
>>49736959
Totally agreed.
Vehicles are more fun to play with than I intially thought though. They still feel so gruesomely... not mtg

Seems like for every good block we get a bad one.Loved the SOI block
>>49737082
Frontier?
>>
>>49736126
cause kaladesh is overwhelmingly shit on its own
>>
Not really a constructed player, but wotc MUST have known that copter would take over the whole format like that

Strongly dislike sets with mechanics that only work within a block
>>
>>49737185
>Strongly dislike sets with mechanics that only work within a block
this
>>
>>49737185
what exactly is so OP about copter?
>>
>>49737109
Frontier isn't Wizards? Thank fuck. I hope people are smart enough not to buy into that moon bullshit. Masterpeices are bad enough, but seriously Frontier could cause major problems in terms of standard balancing if it gets supported.

>>49737115
I like Vehicles, as an EDH player, because they're pretty strong, and they synergize with a lot of nifty artifact nonsense I'm already running. But, that's mostly because I want to build a Bosh Pacific Rim deck where I throw boats and planes at people with giant robots.

I thought SoI was VERY good, I played the shit out of that limited. EM dropped the ball hard, in my opinion. Clues were fucking brilliant as a mechanic, and I still use a Taymio's Journal in almost every EDH deck I run, but nothing that interesting came out of EM. Sure, I can name 8-10 cards that I like, but the limited environment wasn't as good, and the lore pissed me off so much I didn't want to go back. Also, the pricing of that particular standard set is artificial bullshit I won't get into.

Frontier is pretty much just sets after Khans. It seems awful as fuck, and people are pushing it here harder than they should.
>>
>>49737264
Investigate is the best mechanic WotC came out with in years. Fun to use, not creature focused and even very flavorful. Shame it only existed in one set.
>>
>>49737533

Yeah. It would have been nice if it had at least stuck through all of Innistrad.
>>
>>49737549
>>49737533
It was even well balanced. I tried as hard as I could to break it in standard, and it was pretty reasonably balanced. Erdwal Illuminator personifies this.
>>
>>49737264
Wizards probably has zero interest in fragmenting the constructed format base from what it currently is.
>>
>>49737673
I believe the logic is:
>wizards fears piracy more than death
>wizards released new boarders to avoid piracy
>as a result of these new boarders, wizards will release a new format using ONLY those boarders that's impossible to pirate
>suddenly, there is a moon tournament utilizing only cards with those boarders
>>
>>49736780
Vital force Nissa, voice of zendikar Nissa, or intro pack Nissa?
>>
>>49737915
vital force, he drafted one, which he played without a sleeve, but bought a fresh one from the store for $17+tax, which is the one he traded to me, plus the $12. everything was non-foil by the way.
>>
>>49737971
Good deal then
>>
>>49737997
thought so, just wanted a second opinion.

I deafted a shitty red/blue deck, but that planeswalker from the first pack, plus all the abandoned cards I scavenged made it a very value worthy night for only $15.
>>
>>49730625
Hate draft, love sealed. But that's because I'm ass at drafting.
>>
I like Limited a lot because a lot less of my local scene's Those Guys show up to them over FNM. And the ones that do always lose in a hilariously bad fashion.
>>
what's the best color combo to play in kaladesh drafts? I'm thinking green/white.
>>
>>49738628
I like black white a lot too. Lots of 2 for 1s and removal. Probably my favorite so far, but green seems very strong as well
>>
>>49738883
green doesn't seem as strong as it was in innistrad though, then again everything in this expansion seems to be more temporary than permanent, at least buff wise.

>tfw you +2/+2 a flying creature and get a 2/2 token as well.
>>
>>49730814
>5 mana and 4 cards to draw 3

gee wow
>>
>>49730625
>Playing with shit random cards
>Full of midrange
> i have to pay any time i want to play
>Standard set legality
>We can't have nice things like FoW because muh limited
Shit. even more than Frontier, You are the cancer that kill magic
>>
>>49737729
>ONLY those boarders that's impossible to pirate
You don't know nothing about piracy, do you? is just a matter of time
>>
>>49735204
RGb energy bro

sick pool
>>
>>49739169
>ever using the sacrifice effects outside of "oh-shit" buttons
it's an energy generator for your longtusk cubs and rip-roarin' tigers.
>>
>>49730625
I really dislike it.
I don't like spending money on packs and I don't like my decks to be based on how lucky I am.
>>
>>49731185

This desu, I have won my last 3 prereleases with pools I considered garbage, you just need to find the best deck im the pool which believe is not as obvious as 99% of the people think.

Also take risk for fuck sake, its so easy to play 3 colors in sealed, its slow and no one has a lot of consistency to punish you
>>
>>49737082

Pre zendikar 95% of the cards were also playless garbage

>>49737055

I dont kmow what are you talking about, vehicles are pretty weak in limited while energy is pretty good
>>
>>49740116

>lucky

Kek
>>
>>49730944
>Modern and Legacy have been ruined by our greatest ally.
Explain
>>
>>49736597
The thing about Cube is that everyone's cube is different so the stuff to talk about is so varied, it's almost like you're in a worldbuilding thread with how little engagement between posters there is
>>
>>49739182
>shit random cards
Because it would be a good idea to only print powerful cards?
>midrange
That is sorta true, but in a regression to the mean sort of way. Limited decks tend to be midrange-y because you're on limited resources. It's just how it is.
>pay any time i want to play
Do you not pay for MtG? (inb4 proxy everything kys)
>Standard set legality
I legitimately don't get what point you're trying to make. Like, yeah you draft within a set/block? You can draft older formats.
>FoW
*girlslaughing.jpeg*
>can't have nice things
But you just said limited makes you play with shitty random cards. Doesn't that imply that in constructed you don't? Constructed just takes the best cards from every set and ignores limited. You can too. Unless you expect 260 standard playable cards in every set. Good luck.
>>
>>49741237

Hadn't considered that

it might be fun to have like a weekly "you draft mine I'll draft yours" thread where people could offer feedback and suggestions though

but that would probably end up like dick rate threads i.e. everyone posting no one rating
>>
>>49741572
>Because it would be a good idea to only print powerful cards?
>Bad cards are a necessity
Hi mark, how are you doing
>That is sorta true, but in a regression to the mean sort of way. Limited decks tend to be midrange-y because you're on limited resources. It's just how it is
Literally the reason why the format is shit
>Do you not pay for MtG? (inb4 proxy everything kys)
Yes, ONCE
>But you just said limited makes you play with shitty random cards. Doesn't that imply that in constructed you don't? Constructed just takes the best cards from every set and ignores limited. You can too. Unless you expect 260 standard playable cards in every set. Good luck.
You see, Limited is the fucking reason why they have to lower power level, cuz if you have too much limited players start to cry. i remember the shitters crying because in kaladesh someone could play with a mana crypt. If you don't want to play against someone who randomly got a bomb while you got shit, why play any limited? when the sets ha such a shit powerlevel to allow crybabies like you play in their safe and fun space, we in constructed have to play whit shit cards like Anguished unmaking, Fuck we can't even have Doomblade or Lightning bolt for you fucking fuckers
>*girlslaughing.jpeg*
You see, all of you are equally shitters, you can't have any good counterspell because badwrongfun makes you cry when you can't resolve your big dudes and turn them sideways
>>
File: 1349176398289.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1349176398289.png
279KB, 375x523px
>>49730625
>Does /tg/ like limited MTG?

I have always hated regular draft because I see it as a naked cash grab - teaching people that their cards are disposable, single use goods. You can't draft from the same packs more than once, after all. However, I love cube draft, and it's the only kind of Magic I play these days because it takes away not only that problem, but also the problem of Magic costing way too much in general. A cube, once built, can be drafted from an arbitrarily high amount of times for no extra cost, they're fun to draft from since the power level is generally very flat, and fun to design since it's basically getting to design your own set and having people actually play with it (with the caveat that the "set" has to be made of reprints). Cube is honestly the format that redeemed Magic for me.
>>
>>49744882
>I have always hated regular draft because I see it as a naked cash grab - teaching people that their cards are disposable, single use goods.
>Cube is honestly the format that redeemed Magic for me.

You're aware that every set is essentially a preconstruced cube of cards right?

>You can't draft from the same packs more than once, after all
How do you think you make a cube in the first place?
>>
>>49744912
>You're aware that every set is essentially a preconstruced cube of cards right?

You're aware that cube draft costs nothing and regular draft costs way too much, right?

I think I spelled out the problem pretty clearly. You don't have to play dumb.
>>
>>49744959
>cube draft costs nothing
unless you're proxying all the cards you still need to buy them in the first place, considering the kind of cubes I've seen people like playing that is not a small investment

>regular drafts cost way too much
it's the cost of the 3 packs plus like $1-$3 to cover prize support, how poor are you?
>>
>>49745026
>unless you're proxying all the cards you still need to buy them in the first place

I already said that. "A cube, _once built,_ can be drafted from ... for no _extra_ cost." Please read the posts fully before responding to them.

>it's the cost of the 3 packs plus like $1-$3 to cover prize support, how poor are you?

That's 12-15 dollars for playing a total of three games. You play three games EVER with your draft deck, and then that deck becomes effectively worthless, because the tournament is done. You can't re-draft from the same boosters, because the ownership of the cards changed during the draft. Now, let's assume you're going to play one million games of Magic. Doing regular drafts, this comes down to $4499995,5 or thereabouts. Most people will agree that that is not a very good price-per-play ratio.

Let's look at a cube, then. A plebeian can build a cube for 100-200 dollars, but we're not plebs, so we'll build the most expensive possible cube, which includes a copy of every card in its most pimped version. Alpha power 9 signed by Richard Garfield, foil misprinted walkers, the works. This will come down to approximately $250000. This is the price for drafting once from the cube. And the price for drafting from it a million times. Because unlike boosters, cubes are reusable. You see, you don't have to be poor to recognize whether a deal is good or not. Regular drafting is a ludicrously expensive way to play Magic compared to anything else. Cube drafting is very affordable.
>>
>>49745215
you're acting like you don't keep the cards you get from a draft and also that you somehow never win any prize support.

There's nothing wrong with disliking draft but you could try acting like less of a retard, I fail to see how saying a million cube session is cheaper than a million draft sessions proves your point.
>>
>>49745215
one, you keep the cards you got from draft plus prize if you're not a scrub.
two, i play for fun. this isn't a fucking job where you compare your salary.
three, i'm not a goddamn burgerflipping poorfag.
>>
>>49730625
I prefer draft. Sealed just leads to more feel bad moments.
On a related note, cube is the best thing ever when you have a solid group. The best limited deck I ever drafted was from my buddies cube, and I ended up with Sneak and Tinkeranimator.
>>
>>49745215

I mean I see where you're coming from and I love Cube too but the way I see it instead of going out to dinner or something I just do a draft once every other week. It's part of my budget, and I enjoy it. It's less expensive than going out to a bar every friday.
>>
Conspiracy drafting is pretty much the fucking best current magic scene.
>>
>>49730625
Thinking about going to my first sealed draft this Friday in Indy (gametime if any anons go). Would be my first time playing outside tabletop. Would this be a good idea? I can build a deck just fine, but I don't want to get rule checked into oblivion by some autismo.
>>
>>49746849
Should be fine. I can't speak for your store but our store is pretty chill with drafts and isn't super try hard. Hosts usually ask if anyone is drafting for the first time and will guide you through anything you do not understand
>>
>>49744756

I thought that /tg/ being dumb was just a meme but holy shit you have the dumbest people on 4chan here.
>>
File: edited spiders 1.png (1MB, 1724x1032px) Image search: [Google]
edited spiders 1.png
1MB, 1724x1032px
>>49746849
Have fun, I would say. Despite all the bitching, I've found 95% of Magic players to be a very tolerable lot at the bare minimum and unlikely to rules lawyer you to oblivion or anything like that.

Remember that the focus of rules enforcement on Friday Night Magic's is more instructive than punitive. Not that many "gotcha" style shit one can even pull - for example, if you notice a non-may trigger you didn't resolve a few steps after casting the card, most likely it judge would just instruct you to resolve it right there, not miss it completely. So in short, if you have questions as the judge around the event if there's one or organizer if not.

(Also as just a nomenclature peeve, it's probably draft you mean to play, sealed is a different form of limited play.)
>>
>>49745215

You are of course forgetting another key element; after a while people are going to get sick of playing the same cube and/or the list will need to be curated. You may even want to add new cards as sets come out.

Honestly, having a not retarded cost cube (or even having more than one in a play group, maybe one main one and a set cube) and adding variety with a few drafts of each new set seems the optimal balance of cost/fun/freshness.
>>
>>49750455
I'd honestly just proxy the fuck out the cube to make it have the cards I want to play. Then pick up the more expensive ones piece by piece later (or not if that doesn't feel like an investment that makes any sense).
>>
>>49739169
Draw 3 cards sounds pretty great in limited. Then again, I also ran Dynavolt Tower and Rashmi, so I sometimes sat on enough energy.
>>
>>49730625
I like it, it's great to try around with different decks and the chances are pretty even.

Had pretty good luck with my sealed boosters so far, so there's that.
>>
File: Draft Deck.png (782KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
Draft Deck.png
782KB, 900x540px
How did I do? Haven't drafted green yet (three previous drafts have been UB, UB, UW with all mainly focused on winning by fliers).

Still haven't opened any truly bonkers cards. Got a p3p2 Rashmi here and been passed Aethersquall Ancient in my previous two drafts but no Angels of Innovation etc yet.
>>
>>49750684
Why run a self assembler alone? I mean I would use him if I have like two or three, but alone he's just not worth the cost.
>>
>>49750708

Curve purposes. I didn't see much of any big creatures throughout the draft (hence the Prowler). My options are him or another Prowler or trying to shoehorn in two copies of Malfunction, which I'm not thrilled about given my already low creature count.
>>
Okay, serious, how do I speed up when playing MTGO? Keep losing on time. Had an opponent dead to rites in game 3 but lost because I timed out when they had 8 or 9 minutes left. I don't understand.
>>
Sealed and Draft are fun but suffers from the guy who gets crazy pulls and draws them consistently.

One of the top player at the Kaladesh pre release pulled the white and black gear hulks and drew them almost every game.
>>
>>49751111
Autoyield is your best friend. It's F8 on your keyboard. You'll pass priority automatically when you're tapped out.
Yield until end of turn is a blight, an evil, never use it.
>>
>>49751111
Also, try to get acquainted with the different F-keys. As >>49751174 has said, yield until turn can cost you an entire turn if you make a small mistake.
>>
>>49750684
>>49750755
I'll be honest anon. Either your draft pod are unlucky enough to open super shit cards or you're forcing a color and drafting underpowered cards.
>>
if I win packs from a draft should I ask for store credit instead to pay for another draft or just take/open the packs?
>>
>>49751505

I'm not a great drafter by any means but honestly I just didn't see many great cards. Name the best three commons and uncommons in each colour and I probably didn't see them.
>>
>>49751540
Since you're in green, not even one Peema Outrider? Or Riparian Tiger?
It really means you're forcing green instead of looking for an open color.
>>
>>49751584

Not even one of either. I would have happily jumped on them.

I was looking hard for open colours but I didn't get passed anything beyond a couple of malfunctions and then a few good white cards (the ones I ran). Not nearly enough to support being a main colour other than green.
>>
File: P1P1001.png (1MB, 1268x448px) Image search: [Google]
P1P1001.png
1MB, 1268x448px
Since this seems to be the limited general, let's play Pack 1 Pick 1!

What would you take from pick related?
>>
>>49752109
Some nice artifacts in there. Prakhata Pillar-Bug I guess? I'm not good at drafting
>>
>>49752109
Cobra/Hunt the Weak would be my pick.

Not a fan of any of those uncommons or rare
>>
>>49752109

Probably Hunt the Weak. It's that or Aviator probably but HtW is less committing.
>>
File: P1P1002.png (1019KB, 1282x452px) Image search: [Google]
P1P1002.png
1019KB, 1282x452px
Time for another round!
>>
>>49752282
I'd pretty easily take the Master of Puppets here
>>
>>49752310

It's pretty committing to black but it really has to be the pick here. If I'm shipping the rest of this pack then I'm hoping the people next to me take it as a sign to go into blue.
>>
>>49752404
Yeah the card is pretty strong when I've played with it

Bonus is that there is no other good black cards in the pack so theres no real reason for the people behind me to want to get into black
>>
>>49752282
I'd go for Chief of the Foundry if we aren't value drafting.
>>
>>49752109
Probably hazardous conditions since wipes are strong in this format. If I didn't want to commit colors Narnam Cobra or Menace lizard
>>
File: DraftPool.png (737KB, 889x602px) Image search: [Google]
DraftPool.png
737KB, 889x602px
>>49750684

Drafted again. Red was beyond open. Didn't quite get the vehicle pay off I wanted but hoping my deck will be so low to the ground that it'll blow right through most midrange decks.

Here is my pool. Have built the deck and will post but wanted some advice before I play my matches.
>>
>>49752460

I know it's colourless but it is still commiting you to a certain deck. That card doesn't really pay you off unless you can get a LOT of value out of it.

>>49752462

I know wipes are strong but I hate picking gold cards p1p1. Seems like you're really shoehorning yourself into a colour combination.
>>
>>49752483
At the least it's a 2/3 for 3 in a format with a lot of kill 2 health minion spells. With vehicles and fabricate/thopter gen it's much stronger than it was in Origins and doesn't seem to commit you more than other cards in that pack.
>>
>>49752464

Here's what I built. Going 10/7 mountains/plains. Any thoughts?
>>
File: DraftPoolDeck.png (471KB, 886x346px) Image search: [Google]
DraftPoolDeck.png
471KB, 886x346px
>>49752515

Okay HERE is what I built *faceplams*
>>
File: P1P1003.png (1MB, 1282x450px) Image search: [Google]
P1P1003.png
1MB, 1282x450px
>>49752109
>>49752282

Round three!
>>
>>49752618

sparks?
>>
File: Whatdecktoplayinlegacy.png (538KB, 1489x1542px) Image search: [Google]
Whatdecktoplayinlegacy.png
538KB, 1489x1542px
>>49752618
Wielding sparks I'd say
that or Skywhale

>>49752526
Why are you playing two Apprentices with just 5 Artifacts, 2 of them 5 and more? Also, I'd say that the Construct, meh as it is is better than gearshift ace in your deck.
Start your eninges is generally horrible, I'd play the Ibex over it any day
If you ask me you can also maindeck fragmentize in KLD limited but I'm by no means an expert
>>
>>49752618
Sparks 100%
>>
>>49752811

I did consider maining a Frag but I didn't want dead cards in my hand if there are no targets for it. This deck seems like it'll run out of gas quickly so dead cards are not what I want. Put it in for Apprectice and took out the courier for Ibex.
>>
>>49752618

I love the skywhale but removal is king, especially removal that can deal 3. Gimme Sparks.
>>
Green/Red and Green/Blue energy decks have worked wonders for me. Throw in Durable Handicraft to make critters a bit bigger, as well as helping a bit with lategame stalemate a little bit by being an expensive +1/+1 for your side for 6.

Also
>Wizars will never make boosterboxes available on order
>No way to properly relive old drafts/drafts you weren't around for except by overpaying for boxes on secondary market.
>>
File: P1P1004.png (1MB, 1282x452px) Image search: [Google]
P1P1004.png
1MB, 1282x452px
Last one was easy. Try this one!
>>
>>49753335
Sparks
Also
>P1P1004
Pack1Pick1004 is obviously impossibru so it's Pack1004Pick1. That's an expensive draft lad. By now I might as well just go for revoking privileges and some slight form of continual damage only.
>>
>>49753335
Sparks again for sure
Marauder/shieldguard aren't bad and I still haven't gotten around to Inspector yet but I assume it's pretty meh
>>
>>49753403
>P1P1 004
>>
>>49752526

Went 2-1 in the end. Got edged out by a RU deck 2-1 (guy had five copies of Salivating Gremlins) but then quickly 2-0d some midrange decks.
>>
>>49752811

>>49754095

Meant to say thanks to this anon. Fragmetize did serious work in the main board.
>>
>>49745880
>two, i play for fun. this isn't a fucking job where you compare your salary.
>three, i'm not a goddamn burgerflipping poorfag.

Literally just trying to excuse your bad economic choices there.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.