[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did this book introduce any big retcons or significant new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 15

File: GScult-cover-final[1].jpg (250KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GScult-cover-final[1].jpg
250KB, 772x1024px
So did this book introduce any big retcons or significant new fluff to the Genestealers?
>>
>>49729226
nobody cares!
>>
Yeah bro I was so pissed the lore of the genestealers was so serious and all that but FUCKING Matt Ward ruined it man like fucking Gene huggers? And dont get me started on that story about the genecultist infesting a schola full of Scions and Sisters of Battle fucking bullshit
>>
>>49730651
I wasnt asking with dread, I was just wondering if there were any changes of note to the fluff
>>
>>49729226
Jeggings are also viable.
>>
>>49730748

Well genestealers can turn into trucks man the new lore fucking sucks man lol
>>
Lot of baseless vitriol in this thread.
>>
>>49731942
What are you, retarded?
>space marines can turn into metal boxes
>>
>>49731942

someone post the truck evolution chart
>>
>>49729226
Separating Purestrains from the baseline Genestealers in the Hive Fleets is kind of a big change, I think.

The Primus is entirely new to this iteration of cult fluff.

Metamorphs being a thing is new and interesting.

All the minor details on the major cults that currently exist are cool, but there's not a whole lot to it.

It wasn't bad as far as fluff goes (no shit-the-bed Ward or Cruddace moments) but it was very short compared to old codexes. I enjoyed it but sorely wished there was more instead of a million filler pages of shitty color schemes on bad 2D renditions of the models.
>>
they forgot to include Ichar IV and hive fleet kraken

which is a pretty big thing to forget about, considering that was "the" genestealer cult fluff
>>
>>49735319
i do like that there's that one cult who found and worship worship old one eye alongside their patriarch.

im gonna run him as allies to my GSC i think.
>>
>>49729226
It disproved previous Tyranidfag lies.

Lie 1 : The Genestealer infection cannot be cured from humans!

Turns out that Chaos corruption burns the genestealer infection from the hosts and then replaces it with itself.

Lie 2 : Genestealer Cults cannot fall to Chaos

The codex features a genecult being kidnapped by Nurgle and taken to his garden where they were corrupted to his service then set free to do his bidding.

That aside, the codex features a Tau genestealer cult outbreak and Ork genestealer cult.
>>
>>49735424
Literally no one has ever actually made those claims.

Nor was it new fluff in this codex.
>>
>>49735517
>Literally no one has ever actually made those claims.

Yes, they did.

And they are all new.
>>
>>49735539
The original genestealer cult rules featured chaos worshiping genestealers and voluntarily possessed patriarchs. Its not new.

Orks used to have genestealer hybrid minis and tau (and eldar) cults have been mentioned in novels a while ago.
>>
>>49735642
>tau (and eldar) cults have been mentioned in novels a while ago.

Citation needed.
>>
>>49735642

>and tau cults have been mentioned in novels a while ago.

One of the Ciaphas Cain novels.
>>
>>49735665
One of the short stories in What Price Victory
Elucidum or something like that i think it was.
>>
>>49735517
New to me. I haven't followed warhams since 2e.
>>
The new lore is basically anything goes and expanding modeling opotunities
>>
>>49735539
>And they are all new.

Chaos-worshipping Genestealer Cults have existed since their very first incarnation, you idiot. They were in Rogue Trader. Modern fluff might have ignored them but if you take the "everything is canon unless explicitly retconned" approach, they were never ruled out either.

One interesting titbit in the new fluff is that a Cult doesn't docilely accept their fate once a Hive Fleet descends. They'll fight alongside the Tyranids until their enemies are dead, but when the Tyranids eventually turn on the Cultists, they panic and flee, either running to the Patriarch for aid (and getting killed, since at this point it's fallen under the sway of the Hive Mind) or trying to escape (and probably dying anyway). It opens up the possibility for small groups of Hybrids that have escaped at the last moment and now try to eke out an existance on their own.
>>
>>49735880
>It opens up the possibility for small groups of Hybrids that have escaped at the last moment and now try to eke out an existance on their own.

Until they give birth to genestealers and begin the cycle anew as they fall under their thrall.
>>
Genestealer cults can be corrupted by Chaos? How does that work? I thought they were all mind slaves to the Patriarch? Aren't they all linked by a pysker connection too? Wouldn't they be able to tell who was corrupted in their order?
>>
>>49735923
>How does that work?
it works because genestealers and chaos run on magic plot-dependent fairy dust

cults have been double dipping since 2nd edition, and it's never been thoroughly explained so don't think about it too hard
>>
>>49735916
This can easily be achieved by not having sex. Or at least wearing protection or steralizing yourself.

>>49735923
Based on the tie-in novel, the Broodmind doesn't seem to be a form of direct control, in the way Synapse is. It's portrayed more like a form of telapathy and behavior control, used to monitor, communicate with and influence the Patriarch's subjects. It might not be able to hijack control of their bodies or drown out their own instincts in the same way a Hive Tyrant might remote-control a brood of Hormagaunts, but combined with the religious brainwashing and extremely strong family ties that hold a Cult together, most Cultists aren't going to think about resisting even though they technically retain free will. Of course the Patriarch or a Magus can also hypnotise individuals directly if loyalty needs to be enforced.

It's also worth pointing out that the example in the GSC Codex occurs when a Cult is unwillingly dragged directly into Nurgle's garden. They don't fall to Chaos so much as are directly possessed by it. In the old fluff a Patriarch could choose to start worshipping the Dark Gods if it felt its cult was hideously outmatched by its enemies.
>>
>>49736033
>This can easily be achieved by not having sex. Or at least wearing protection or steralizing yourself.

Then the cult will die out in a few generations.
>>
>>49736091
Who said anything about them wanting to restart the Cult? With the Broodmind collapsed and the Cult's teachings shown to be either misguided at best or outright lies at worst, why on earth would they want to restart the Cult? They would essentially be free agents.
>>
>>49729226
the new fluff mainly involves the abherrants, the metamorphs and the primes, respectively hybridisation gone somewhat wrong and hybrids spawned under the subtle psychic signal of an incoming hive fleet which makes them birth with either physical and/or mental abilities more fit to open war like appendages resembling other tyranid biomorphs' and attitude as a general.
>>
Apparently in the new Genestealer novel there is a cultist within the ranks of the Adepta Sororitas, how does that work? Doesn't the order screen-test recruits for mutations?
>>
>>49736713
The answer is probably "sometimes." It's hard to maintain a standardised admissions process throughout the Imperium.
>>
>>49736713
>>49736868
You both didn't read the novel. She was a pure human who had her mind twisted and manipulated by the Patriarch.
>>
File: 1475372680891.png (3MB, 1404x976px) Image search: [Google]
1475372680891.png
3MB, 1404x976px
>>49732240
>>
I find hard to believe that the Tau would tolerate any kind of unplanned mutation on their ironclad castes.
>>
>>49736713
What happens is the Patriarch realises if its cult grows beyond a certain point, the local Sororitas garrison will detect and destroy them. So it sets out to kill them first. After it and the other Purestrains gather a small clan of hypnotised minions, the Patriarch psychicly probes the Sisters from afar until it finds one who's faith isn't quite as strong as the others. That weakness allows the Patriarch to turn her against the others Sisters, deactivating their defenses so the Purestrains and hypnotised slaves can get in and kill them all.

In the Novella we see that the Sister who turned did so because she felt pity for the civilians who suffered under the Sororitas rule. She gets brought fully into the Cult after the fact and continues to act as their saint, even siring two hybrid children.
>>
>>49736928
unlike the imperium, they don't really have an established doctrine on mutation

also psychic/hypnotic genestealer powers grease the wheels pretty well
>>
File: Orkstealer_brood.jpg (427KB, 1929x958px) Image search: [Google]
Orkstealer_brood.jpg
427KB, 1929x958px
>>49735539
>And they are all new.

White Dwarf had a Ork Genestealer cult back around White Dwarf issue 140-150ish. that's 1993 or 1994.

pic related in all its cheesy glory.
>>
>>49736983
>also psychic/hypnotic genestealer powers grease the wheels pretty well

I'm sure the 'eccentric' Ethereal who declared the word 'productive and clean' can attest to that.
>>
>>49736976

>She gets brought fully into the Cult after the fact and continues to act as their saint, even siring two hybrid children.

Wait...what?
>>
>>49737001
gotta wonder what tau hybrids would look like

I mean tau have the nasal slit, right. But hybrids get the standard genestealer forehead ridges in the same place.
>>
>>49736983

There's one rule: No mixing genes between castes. Also there's evidence that they follow a program of eugenics, genetic engineering and cloning.
>>
>>49736976
>siring two hybrid children.
>siring
I think I've seen this anime.
>>
>>49737002
That part was... stupid. But most of it's good.
>>
File: 64618415846414.jpg (49KB, 322x620px) Image search: [Google]
64618415846414.jpg
49KB, 322x620px
>>49736976

>Saint for the hybrids

Now thats crazy and heretical
>>
>>49737002
Presumably the Patriarch gives her the Kiss once he and his surviving minions come to move in.
>>
>>49737058

God fucking dammit.

I'm kinda annoyed about how SOB get used for 'Hey, we need someone to play the psychic patsy'. They are objectively the most psychically resistant pure humans in the setting. Yet Cain and this go 'Yeah, we need someone to get mind controlled/fooled/indoctrinated lets use SOB!'. It doesn't really sell the other guy as 'Super psychically powerful!' so much as make them feel like Worf.
>>
>>49737010

Genestealer take ideas from whoever they infect. I'm going to say that they wouldn't organise themselves as a cult and more like a twisted vision of Tau's society.
>>
>>49737058
She was the first of the Genesetaler acolytes.

And remember that the Patriarch imprinted himself with the Battle Sisters religiosity. So symbols like saints became a thing to him.
>>
>>49737080

Just becasue your waifus cant go to church every sunday doesn't make them weak.

If I recall an entire Sisters novel revolved around a heretic sister.
>>
>>49737094

>If I recall an entire Sisters novel revolved around a heretic sister.

Nope. The SOB novel is about a Heretic Priest, not a Sister. The second one is about necrons and a sister being strong willed enough to resist the attempt to make a necron-human hybrid.
>>
>>49737094

It does sorta make them look when when they don't really get anything but beat about.

But this is a side effect of having no codex of note in a long time. Everyone wins in their own codex and loses in everyone elses.
>>
>>49737080
>They are objectively the most psychically resistant pure humans in the setting
no? that'd be nulls
>>
>>49737132

That's why I said pure. Nulls are not quite fully human due to the lack of soul.
>>
>>49737145
They're perfectly human, just lacking a reflection in the warp. Psychics are also perfectly human, just with excessively large reflections in the warp.

Both are, objectively speaking, more psychically resistant than sisters.
>>
>>49737131

Well wait a couple of months friendo were both gonna be happy

Sistersfags get plastic crack and lore where they do the impossible possibly pissing off Taufags or something.

and I can finally stop seeing Sister threads after all these years
>>
>>49737165

Psychics are in an odd state there. They can be more resistant, with training. Psykers are naturally less so though due to the close connection.
>>
>>49737170

>he thinks he'll stop seeing sisters threads after they get new models and a codex

I think I have some bad news.
>>
>>49737170
>Sistersfags get plastic crack and lore where they do the impossible possibly pissing off Taufags or something.

I'm sure a SOB will kick the shit out of Farsight in a duel and destroy a Riptide with a single precision bolter shot.
>>
>>49737200

Well I hope they are happy sister threads and not

>MUH PLASTIC
>MUH LORE
>FUCKING GW WHY CANT WE GET SPACE NUNS PLS
>>
>>49737080
Cain at least only does it with something that controls every human not under a nulls field, and points out that being able to control a SOB is not normally possible and a sign that what they are dealing with is a big deal.
>>
File: IMG_0669.gif (28KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.gif
28KB, 250x141px
>>49736976
>even siring two hybrid children
>after being mind controlled
>>
>>49737229

That's pretty much the literal description of the Worf effect tho
>>
>>49737178
>They can be more resistant, with training.
and untrained sisters are just normal people, completely vulnerable to psychic influences. The "will not get fucked up by magic" tier list is

1. Nulls
2. Sanctioned psykers
3. Indoctrinated elites
4. Plebs
5. Unsanctioned psykers

>>49737200
If they get a new book and modern plastics they'll lose the hipster appeal and fade away like the DE eventually did.

Got to wonder what people will complain about after that, though. Cult troops?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (59KB, 484x262px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
59KB, 484x262px
>>49737241
CANON

Sorta.
>>
>>49737229
>>49737253

It's the issue with in-universe vs out of universe depiction.

Worf is a very powerful, impressive warrior so any foe that can lay him out must be truly powerful! Unfortunately, they almost never have a notable foe who isn't truly powerful so he looks weak. It's a similar thing with the SOB, you don't get foes who are not psychically powerful enough and fail so this resistance ends up more mythical than notable.
>>
>>49737261
>Got to wonder what people will complain about after that, though.
There's always
>Muh Traitor Legions
>Muh Lost and Damned
>Muh Tyranid codex that isn't shit
>Muh Orks codex that isn't shit
And if that doesn't work, price bitching is the eternal flame, or we can just shitpost about Age of Sigmar all day every day.
>>
>>49737253
not exactly, because the Worf effect is partly a symptom of short episode story length, they don't have the time to slowly build up the threat then top it off with Worf, and have Worf defeating lesser threats along the way.
They jump straight to Worf getting thrown because they have no time.

The Cain novel builds up the threat over and over and doesn't show corrupted Sisters until the very end.
>>
>>49737285
Ever notice how whenever Worf sees a new powerful foe, his immediate advice is "Let's kick its ass", but Picard always shoots him down and either lets it take the first swing or keeps talking so long it hs plenty of time to analyze and prepare a counter for Worf? You'd think Picard would listen to the guy who runs both security and tactical on security or tactical matters.
>>
>>49737313

That's because life as Worf is suffering.

Let's not even get started how Data can and often does do his job better than him, and can manhandle him about completely effortlessly.

Then again, in fairness to Worf, Data can do that to pretty much EVERYBODY on the Enterprise.

Except Deanna.

...because she does NOTHING.
>>
>>49737292
It's a pretty good point, plus those books take time to humanize the forces a bit before they start getting their shit pushed in
>>
>>49737369

Hey, I'd believe Data could do nothing better than her if he wanted.
>>
>>49737369
I'm just remembering when that klingon challenged data to ahead butting contestate. He just politely warned him not to but humored him anyway
>>
>>49737369
>Except Deanna.
>...because she does NOTHING.

Data clearly cares for his cat. He shows at least as much empathy as the psychic betazoid counselor.
>>
>>49737369
There's a reason tv tropes used to call "day in the lime light" "a good troy episode"
>>
>>49737394
>Data goes to Troi about his bizarre attack of murderous anger
>She advises the superstrong, bulletproof android that anger is good and that he needs to explore it more
>So he spends literally hours strangling Borg to death trying to feel it again and is later turned to the dark side by Lore
Sterling counseling, Deanna.
>>
>>49737369
She can have nice tits in a skintight jumpsuit, and I'm pretty sure Data doesn't do that.
>>
>>49737289
>Muh Orks codex that isn't shit
I don't know for the rest but that is a legitimate complaint.
>>
>>49737446
Give Geordi two hours, a servo-spanner, and a nudie mag, and Data will be sporting E cups and a Brazilian ass before you can say "Fluctuation in the quantum neutrino phase-flux"
>>
>>49737446

I dunno, we haven't seen him try.
>>
>>49737261
I'm pretty sure SoB are supposed to be uber-resistant to chaos coruption.
For other psychic-fuckery-things I don't know though.
>>
>>49737473
not any more than your regular highly indoctrinated imperial elite, at least as far as the fluff is concerned
>>
>>49737494

The faith does a lot for them. It's mentioned in the SOB books as the reasons they are the guards of choice for the Black Ship. That they are significantly more resistant than anything else imperial.
>>
Didn't the Tau already made a cure for the Genestealer infection in the Deathwatch RPG?
>>
>>49737394
More so than Ms. I-get-mind-raped-every-movie.
>>
>>49737494
>>49737473
I mean, for a long time it was specified that during all of the Imperium's history there has been only one single SoB who was corrupted by Chaos. Making them much more resistant to it than marines.

I guess there's some kind of LotR reasoning behind that. Marines are easily tempted by Chaos because they have great power, while normal humans can more easily become chaosproof because they don't have "I'M A HERO" writen in their DNA. Maybe. I dunno. I'm only speculating.
>>
>>49737504
except they aren't, because we know the imperium has nulls in their employ
>>
>>49737574

Not in anything resembling usable numbers. You are also suggesting putting the 'Causes horrible reactions with psykers' guys in the same ship as the psykers.
>>
>>49737519
The FFG RPG's said a lot of things. I don't think GW knows or cares, especially since they won't be in production much longer.
>>
>>49737592
>You are also suggesting putting the 'Causes horrible reactions with psykers' guys in the same ship as the psykers.
no, I'm saying nulls are the most psychically resistant humans in the setting

that's it, that's all I've been saying since >>49737132

Sisters are more concerned with flushing out heretics than they are going after rogue psykers. That's kinda what their whole origin set up. Vandire wasn't magic, he was just insane.
>>
>>49737619

Right, so you are being a pedant. As Nulls are so damn rare that they almost universally get sent to join one of the assassin groups and are not remotely in the sort of numbers to count as a military group for the imperium.
>>
>>49737619
>Sisters are more concerned with flushing out heretics than they are going after rogue psykers.

They are both. Rogue Pykers ARE Heresy and they have a long history of opposing them.
>>
>>49737643
>Right, so you are being a pedant.
I feel it's within my rights to be a pedant when someone throws OBJECTIVELY down on the table.

>>49737657
Correct, but everyone's got a long history of dealing with psychics. It's just something people have to deal with in 40k.
>>
>>49737696

Most people don't have a long history of being the Black Ship guards due to a notable psychic resistance. They've been that as recently as the SOB novels and as long ago as Battlefleet Gothic.
>>
>>49736995
>4 armz meen moar dakka!
>>
>>49737426
She wanted to teat him like a human to assist his journy to being human, the issue is that respecting him and encouraging him to become violent are two different animals
>>
>>49737696
>I feel it's within my rights to be a pedant when someone throws OBJECTIVELY down on the table.

Said person also wasn't considering nulls pure human when they said that. Due to the Pariah Gene.
>>
>>49737519
If anyone has a cure it would be Eldar, they have weapons that target ork spores and leave the surroundings unscathed
>>
>>49737573
So it's a case of the marine thinking because he's naturally better then humans what he does is right because he's the ubermenche?
>>
>>49737720
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the long history of defending the black ships you're thinking of is the sisters of silence.

At least in gothic. I can't comment on SOB novels.
>>
>>49737170
>Sistersfags get plastic crack
Oh wow, people actually think this is happening?
What is this, 2012 again?

I'm going to need a lot of laughing girls for this one, thousands even.
>>
>>49737782

Pride does come before a Fall.
>>
>>49737272
Got a like to the full image?
>>
>>49737796

Nah. Gothic has SOB (They turned up in the same expansion as Inquisition upgrades for ships) and the SOB novels.
>>
>>49737843
>like
link, bloody auto correct.
>>
>>49737848

Addendum: The expansion gave rules for SOB upgrades to any ship (Made them board as well as space marines). Black Ships automatically had it.
>>
>>49737867
>Black Ships automatically had it.
Right but you're talking about the Inquisitorial black ships, right?

The black ships of the tithe are a separate thing that never got rules in BFG.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Ship_(disambiguation)
>>
>>49737468
>Give Geordi two hours
>before you can say "Fluctuation in the quantum neutrino phase-flux"
It took you two hours to say that? You must suck at tongue twisters.
>>
>>49735319
>Separating Purestrains from the baseline Genestealers in the Hive Fleets is kind of a big change, I think.

They're not separate, other than that they're way ahead of the fleets.

It's kind of long compared to the Codexes the last time it was a playable army. Look at the first Angels of Death - DA and BA in one book, bugger all about either compared to the bloated garbage they have now.

Building lore takes time, otherwise you risk shitting the bed.

>>49735642
>Orks used to have genestealer hybrid minis

They didn't, they just used to have arm-swaps with Ork and Hybrid models, because both had plastic arms.

>>49735923
>I thought they were all mind slaves to the Patriarch?

Up to a point. Cultists themselves may not even be infected - just following the cult because it promises a better life.
>>
>>49737898

They had rules for 'The enemy gets extra victory points if he captures/destroys the black ship due to all the tithed psykers on board the imperium will lose'. Seriously, they were Necron-tier shiny in extra victory points. Made them not really worth using. Doubly so when they couldn't make boarding actions (Despite the SOB making them really good at boarding actions)
>>
>>49737843
http://i.4cdn.org/aco/1476189872811.jpg
>>
>>49737957
did they really? I just remember them being upgunned cruisers.

I'll have to find my old books sometime.
>>
>>49737966
much obliged
>>
>>49737925
From what I can tell even hybrids do develop individual personalities, thwy just happily let the leaders override that when need be
>>
>>49737975

They were upgunned cruisers with a 6+ save all around, an extra void shield (iirc, going off memory with exact numbers) and a provisio that said they couldn't make boarding actions (But were really good if you tried to board them).

On the down side they gave a bunch of extra points if you lost them so you'd want to retreat them before they died.

They were fun, if not very great due to 'good old imperial speed' + 'extra victory points'
>>
Can there be a shy Genestealer, hybrid or wathever?
>>
>>49738021
They are naturally shy when not on the hunt, can't risk being seen by the authorities
>>
>>49738021
the genestealer's kiss turns recipients into sluts who just want to procreate, ingest toxic substances and listen to music their parents don't approve of

Like, that's how cults grow. They pump out kids.
>>
so with the cults out and the upcoming MTO service, I'm thinking of getting some old Diazmonettes and other such things to try and make some lady hybrids
>>
>>49738302
>Diazmonettes
Will they be reprinted?
Despite what GW said, isn't the rumour that they are only casting things that got axed recently, mostly due to AoS?
>>
>>49738329
I haven't heard that rumor, I just know the official statement was EVERY OOP model, and until I get official sauce contradicting that I will hold them to that promise, besides if its MTO that means its basically on commission, so I can see them putting that much effort into recreating any molds they might have lost for that
>>
>>49732037
>he hasn't seen the evolution chart

Dude, it outright says some genestealers evolve into trucks
>>
>>49731942

I prefer to think that this is simply the stage when the cult is organised enough to build their own stuff.
>>
>>49737767
No they have microfilament wires which cut up spores and prevent future life, which is why biel-tan is viewed with such scepticism
>>
>>49738449
It insinuates, and only to pendants and the autistic.
>>
>>49737782
I guess.
>>
>>49735424
Chaos Genestealer Cults actually were a thing in Rogue Trader
>>
>>49737573
It's supposed to be some kind of religious devotion thing. Marines are pretty loyal but they aren't necessarily religious. They follow whatever cult their chapter proscribes which may or may not involve deities and tends not to involve the Emperor. They tend to view him as a pretty cool guy and all but not a god with some exceptions such as the Black Templars. Therefore, they just might get eventually tired of serving and could get tempted away.

SoB on other hand have bought the Imperial religion wholesale. For them it's "my god against yours" and that supposedly makes them more fanatical and loyal. For marines it's "just business"
>>
File: IMG_3342.jpg (17KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3342.jpg
17KB, 300x229px
>>49737446
>>
>>49738993
So for the marines its... "nothing personal"
>>
>>49738993
there's also the difference in lifespan to consider

sisters die before the whole galaxy of nothing but war thing hits them
>>
>>49737808
Well considering they were mentioned in an actual GW video either it's happening or they're trolling big time. That said the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if we get them
>>
So, with genestealer metamorphs does the +2STR claw only represented by the big "Mini Carnifex" one that takes up two arm slots? Meaning you only get one attack with it and no Rending claw? (Or no ranged weapon?) And what does the mini-lictor claw count as in that case?

Metamorph Weapons: available to your Metamorph Hybrids. All are S:user, AP5, but each version comes with specific rules. Note that the rules say "A model equipped with...", so you can still use your Rending Claws to Attack with these benefits.
Claw: gain +2 Strength.
Talon: gain +1 WS, but increases to +2 WS if you have a pair.
Whip: a lash whip without the Bonesword, gives you +3 Initiative.
>>
>>49740594
You replace the Talon (lictor claw), with the Claw (Carnifex Claw) or Whip (lash whip), so you still have the Rending Claw. The wording on those special rules allows you to get the bonus from the weapon, even if using the rending claw.
>>
>>49740918
But the crushing claw takes up two out of three shoulder slots for the one claw and the other hand is the ranged weapon.
>>
>>49740594
>>49740918
>>49741160

Rules trumps modeling. It's like why Flyrants can still take two weapons and wings despite wings taking arm slots for some stupid reason.
>>
>>49741160
Yeah, WYSIWYG the model won't have the Rending claw, but he still counts as having it rules-wise.
>>
>>49741193
>Some stupid reason
In the sculpters defense it likely would look super cluttered if they tried to all those limbs on the model.
And if they had wing slots that went unfilled it would look like weird gaps on the model.
>>
>>49741231
I always wanted to try to get the wings up on the carapace somewhere. But eh, I guess. Don't think the bumps would look too out of place painted, but then I don't know and it could look fucking stupid, and would need to be filled in by some other bit.
>>
>>49741193
>for some stupid reason.

All Tyranids have six limbs. No more, no less. Some are atrophied or conjoined, so it looks like they have less, but it's still six. It's one of the linking elements used to make the army look like a cohesive whole.
>>
Anyone have the pdf to share?
>>
>>49741231
True, though they could have made weapon slots on the wing.
>>
>>49740594
You can do some dirty things with the metamorphs.
base WS is 4, talon takes it to 5. if you give half the squad 2nd talon, majority WS is 6 when being attacked.
Then take the cult icon for 10 points, WS 7, so WS3 need 5s to hit you now.
Then the primaris psyker power to reduce enemies WS (and other stats) by 1, suddenly spare marines are hitting you on 5s.
Take the right formation for an extra +1 WS and you dont even need to bother with the extra talons; you can swap half the squads initial talons for claws for str 6

9 points a model base, +2 for the upgrades, 4 attacks on the charge, with an open topped transport... and the option to duck out and replenish numbers between combats... These are a pretty nice melee unit
>>
>>49742657
True, but the heavy claws LOOK so much better.
>>
>>49741231
well the flying legs don't look suited for walking anyway, could mount them there, but I preferred the FW Tyrants myself
>>
>>49738993
>They tend to view him as a pretty cool guy

More precisely, to most Chapters, the Emperor is a father figure, as the creator of all Space Marines
>>
>>49736995
Thin your paints.
>>
File: 1474402797273.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1474402797273.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>49744950
Yeah. I always figured they regard the Emperor the same way North Koreans regard the Kim family.
They might not *literally* see him as god, but he is damned close. And there are a decent number who do seem him as god to boot.
>>
>>49745123
>they regard the Emperor the same way North Koreans regard the Kim family.
>Implying Eternal President Kim Il-Sung did not raise Best Korea out of the sea with bare hands and found the Glorious Peoples' Republic to save all of humanity
>Implying Kim Jong-Il did not gloriously defeat filthy capitalist swine in combat time and again, slaughtering millions with bare hands
>Implying Glorious Leader Kim Jong-Un will not lead the Glorious Peoples' Republic to triumph and conquer all the galaxy
Disgusting capitalist swine.
>>
>>49736976

I actually don't mind this.

Kind of nice too that the author of both this short story and the larger Cult book is pretty good in my opinion, liked his books involving the Tau and Imperial Guard. Nice to see him doing more stuff for BL.

In fact it's kind of funny that this happens considering that said author mentioned Tau who prefer the companionship of drones over their fellow Tau and named them Autaku.

>>49737289

Traitor Legions are sort of going to get answered, there are rumors that at least the Cult Legions will get attention, with Magnus having Thousand Sons on the box instead of Chaos Space Marines backing it up.

>>49737473

I could see them being particularly strong against Chaos since Chaos is usually more about guile. This thing with the Patriarch sounds like brute force on a Sister who had less than stellar faith.

>>49737519

That sounds like a little too much for the Tau, particularly since I don't recall anything saying they have a strong biological program.
>>
>>49738449
This is the best meme to come out of this release desu
>>
File: 1475427612394.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475427612394.gif
2MB, 356x400px
>Haven't played 40k in 10 or so years
>See this abortion
>Still amazed that GW hasn't gone out of business
>>
>>49746965
>>49737519

>That sounds like a little too much for the Tau, particularly since I don't recall anything saying they have a strong biological program.

Yes, one of the Deathwatch RPG book had the Tau curing the genestealer infection from a human populace.
>>
>>49737002
l-lewd
>>
>>49735748
It hasn't changed since 2e. There's been basically nothing since then, except the occasional mention in novels.
>>
ART IS BAD
RETURN ADRIAN SMITH
REE
>>
>>49746965
>That sounds like a little too much for the Tau, particularly since I don't recall anything saying they have a strong biological program.

What are the castes, the evidence of genetic modification, accelerated evolution, artificial proteins, cloning and baby factories?
>>
>>49748950
What even is the point you are trying to make?
>>
>>49749731

>What are the castes, the evidence of genetic modification, accelerated evolution

Not done by the Tau themselves unless you want to argue the Ethereals.

>cloning

Don't recall this

>baby factories?

Kind of on the lower end of things.

To me it just smells of making the Tau too advanced. If they could come up with a Genestealer cure, why couldn't the Imperium?

It also just feels like a weird cop considering as I said that biology has never been touted as one of their strong suits and why they either use technology or fight in a certain way to make up for their biological shortcomings.
>>
>>49741193
the wings don't really take up an arm slot. the legs become weapon limbs, atbleast the kit has scything talon feet for the flyrant. so it still has 4 weapon limbs and 2 motive limbs.
>>
>>49741209
the crab claw is also just a big rending claw, still wysiwyg.
>>
>>49750327
>Don't recall this

Blades of Damocles novel.

> If they could come up with a Genestealer cure, why couldn't the Imperium?

Because the Tau are progressive and innovative according to the lore while the Admech are stated to have lost the ability to truly innovate and invent.

>as I said that biology

Not it's stated that it's their shortcoming when it comes to science.

And use the suits for the same reason Eldar use armor and marines use power armor. They are just tools and not because they have a compromised biology.

You are just racist against the Tau.
>>
>>49750507
Forgot this bit.

>Not done by the Tau themselves unless you want to argue the Ethereals.

The Tau through thousand of years of breeding and genetic design produced the 4 castes.
>>
>>49750507
Nor it's stated*
>>
>>49748950
m8 with the release of mechanicum, deathwatch and genestealer cults 40K has been getting a lot better lately.
blood bowl and space hulk returning also help gw as a whole.
almost like gw realized it was going to run itself into the ground if they kept going like they had been and decided change was in order.
i mean this is the first time in litteral years i've seen gw promote actual kitbashing again.
not that i've been paying much attention to white dwarf, just saying this is the first time i've seen gw do it.
>captcha:stop john
yeah john, just fucking stop you dick
>>
>>49750507
Fuck off and die blue space ape
>>
>>49736713
>Doesn't the order screen-test recruits for mutations?

Sister gets infected by the taint after she is induced is my bet.
>>
>>49751136
Just read the novel.

She was a full fledged sister. A pure one.

However, after years of witnessing her order torturing and burning civilians, she had her doubts and regrets.

The Patriarch identified those negative feelings and made them stronger in her with her psychic power. Eventually, after she betrayed the Sisters, she came to the Patriarch and he embraced her as his first acolyte.
>>
>>49750507
How does one wrongly innovate and invent?
They happiness of AdMech getting rules is really dampened by their shitty new lore and huge redcons.
>>
>>49753507
>How does one wrongly innovate and invent?

By not really innovating or inventing.
>>
File: Commander_Brightsword.png (264KB, 600x843px) Image search: [Google]
Commander_Brightsword.png
264KB, 600x843px
>>49750507

Brightsword, of the Eight, wanted to “preserve” his gene line. He became a dynasty of clones, each new one replacing the old one.
>>
>>49753507

Innovation is HERESY!
>>
>>49735399
That is fucking cool.
>>
>>49754129
>He became a dynasty of clones

Where does it say that?
>>
>>49753507
>How does one wrongly innovate and invent?

When your newly designed power core ends up summoning a daemon, your redesigned atmospheric processor ends up being a bit less efficient at CO removal than you hoped for leaving half a hive dead, or that new logics circuit goes Skynet on your ass.
>>
>>49754202

Black Library.
>>
>>49737120
> The second one is about necrons and a sister being strong willed enough to resist the attempt to make a necron-human hybrid

Christ with that talk above about the DOB 'siring' genestealers: is every Soritas book this fucking magical realm?
>>
>>49736304
How human in mind are even the hybrids?
Like, 4th gen ones can infiltrate the human society, but the dex says that they are still alien in spirit.
>>
>>49754327
fanfiction.
>>
File: 1473614698122.jpg (306KB, 1432x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1473614698122.jpg
306KB, 1432x1188px
>>49754614
Guess
>>
>>49738500
It's moreso when they can steal it and operate it with little suspicion, because the 3rd/4th gens are passably human.

A woman does not literally give birth to a Goliath utility truck.

Usually.
>>
>>49755989
No it's not, no matter how much you may want it to be.
>>
>>49757388
it's written like fan fiction
>>
>>49742007
Seconded
>>
>>49750846
I've been waiting for Genestealer cult rules since 3rd ed.

That fact they have them now makes me very hype. I havent played 40k in 6 years but I'm close to throwing down the cash just to paint them

the rules, the price, and maybe lingering resentment at GW for a variety of things are keeping me out, but I'll check back next edition
>>
>>49760246
>the rules,

You're the first and only person I've seen complain about their rules.
>>
>>49737037
Not to mention Tau lore says that they don't get to have sex except when and if a "reproductive council" decides it - they get partnered up by their superiors, spend some time off banging, then go back to work. If a baby results, it goes into a creche and is raised by non-relatives.

Unless that lore was retconned since last I checked.

So... yeah, I can't really see tau-stealer cults getting too far off the ground with that sort of reproductive restriction in place.
>>
>>49761187
>I can't really see tau-stealer cults getting too far off the ground with that sort of reproductive restriction in place.

The cultists/infected would quite likely go about reproducing in secret, or they'd prioritize infecting those who determine the mating procedures. It might not spread AS quickly as a human one would, but it's still definitely possible and even plausible (it's already happened once in fluff, anyway).

Genestealers are super-smart about this sort of thing, which is partly why they're so damn terrifying in the fluff. They are the ultimate infiltrator organism.
>>
>>49761187
>So... yeah, I can't really see tau-stealer cults getting too far off the ground with that sort of reproductive restriction in place.
only 1 tau would need to be infected to produce hybrids during such controlled reproduction.

not knowing what they really represented the hybrids likely wouldnt be killed off immediately.
>>
>>49738868
Y damn right may negro, you could end up with a shit-your-pants moment where a genestealer patriarch armed with a daemon weapon comes barreling at you.
>>
>>49761187
hypnotic gaze, genestealer's kiss, the intense desire of the host to care for the safety of their hybrid children above their own lives. Genestealers can and do make it work, as evidenced by the fact that there are cults on tau worlds.

>but that doesn't
Regardless of whatever tech or societal standards you have in place, shit's going south when genestealers come into the mix.

Have you ever seen Aliens?
>>
>>49754227
Neither of these fit.
>>
File: cat1991ap074orkfreebooterz-01.jpg (60KB, 651x900px) Image search: [Google]
cat1991ap074orkfreebooterz-01.jpg
60KB, 651x900px
>>49737925
>They didn't, they just used to have arm-swaps with Ork and Hybrid models, because both had plastic arms.
Sorry Bro, Ork Genestealer Hybrid model in Metal, came out in '91, before you were born
>>
>>49737131
Didnt Tyranids get their asses handed to them systematically in one codex? One story was how the Tau out-evolved them in a campaign
>>
>>49767089
5th edition
>>
>>49735319
>Separating Purestrains from the baseline Genestealers in the Hive Fleets is kind of a big change, I think.
That seems to mostly be a gameplay change.

>>49735319
>Metamorphs being a thing is new and interesting.
That's certainly true. I really do like them, especially the pincer arm one and the pseudolictor talon.
>>
>>49735665

The Ciaphas Cain books have Tau infested with genestealers (although they step offscreen before you see when and if they develop into a full blown cult) and one of the relatively recent ones, the Emperor's Finest (2012 I think? Maybe 13) had genestealers infesting orks one by one by one on a space hulk they were sharing.
>>
What happened to the limos? Are they still in the codex?
>>
>>49768376
Limos got the axe. They're going for a grungier aesthetic for them, so their vehicles are either stolen IG shit or a repurposed mining truck.
>>
File: limo.png (115KB, 621x430px) Image search: [Google]
limo.png
115KB, 621x430px
>>49768376
>What happened to the limos?
mentioned, but you'll have to convert them if you want them
>>
>>49768376
>>49768581
There's a passing fluff reference to limos, though; it states that while Goliaths are the most useful commonly-found vehicle, a Cult will "male use of any type of vehicle, from lunar quads to civilian stretch-cars to mobile industrial macro-rigs."
>>
>>49768376
>>49768600
>>49768605
http://wargameexclusive.com/product-tag/genetic-cult/
>>
>>49768782
Oh a lady Primus, orinically before GW came up with the Primus

http://wargameexclusive.com/shop/heresy-hunters/kerrigene-stealer-with-bone-wings/
>>
>>49768782
I thought they had more car models than that.
>>
>>49768820
those are the ones specifically called "genecult" there are plenty more under the "Heresy hunters" line
>>
>>49768848
Oh yes, so many more, how delicious.

http://wargameexclusive.com/shop/imperial-soldiers/imperial-cars-big-pack-28-mm/
>>
>>49768605
I'm eager to see more premutations of genestealer cults in conversions, wholesale geneguard, genesisters falsified with some armor provided by a corrupted shrine world, Tau stealers with aberrant Kroot auxillaries, ork stealers who keep sporing up because the rgular orks dont know how to get rid of them, eldar stealers with mini zoanthrope aberrants
>>
File: 2808771-0529400670-1slj6.gif (134KB, 410x309px) Image search: [Google]
2808771-0529400670-1slj6.gif
134KB, 410x309px
>>49758287
>>
>>49766822
I was 12

forgive my old memory missing that one obscure model
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.