[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Can I be half-elf half-something else?" >"Maybe"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 7356428.gif (204KB, 392x375px) Image search: [Google]
7356428.gif
204KB, 392x375px
>"Can I be half-elf half-something else?"
>"Maybe"
>16yo half-drow half-devil neutral evil white dragon ancestor sorcerer
>>
>>49722202
"I said maybe and now I say veto. I told you, we aren't running an evil campaign, Steve! Stop trying to be the token evil character in the fucking party; literally no-one thinks it's a good idea but you!"
>>
>>49722202
How did the dragon get into this? It's not half-half anymore.
>>
>>49722231
"But my character is chaotic good!"
>>
>>49722237
It's a sorcerer thing
>>
>>49722251
I know that sorcerers can get their powers from other sources too. Bu wouldn't it be half-elf, half-devil, half-dragon?

Though that makes me really wonder why I never questioned if a sorcerer that gains his powers through dragon blood would be a half-human, half-dragon, for example.
>>
>>49722275
Dragon doesn't have to be your parent. He could have shagged your grand-grand-grand-grand-grandmother and the blood is still there, inert in most of her descendants, because magic.
>>
Yes, a half elf can be any half-mortal race. Half-Devil would involve a template.
>>>49722324
Just being exposed to Draconic magics is enough sometimes.
>>
File: deviantart.png (481KB, 500x780px)
deviantart.png
481KB, 500x780px
>>49722202
I'd allow him to play as five halves a person if he takes it literally.
>>
File: happyelf.png (211KB, 354x454px)
happyelf.png
211KB, 354x454px
>"Can I be half-elf half-something?"
>"Maybe"
>half-elf half-elf with double the half-elf bonuses
>>
>>49722202
Our current GM directly asked us to do whatever the fuck we wanted.
>>
>>49722405
Whad did you do? What did the other players do?
>>
>>49722363
This is genius!
>>
>>49722363
Is that better or worse than a regular elf?
>>
File: 1466475976127.jpg (297KB, 1736x1832px)
1466475976127.jpg
297KB, 1736x1832px
>>49722417
I did your Friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man : a voice of reason nerubian that nobody listen, fighting with non lethal webs and black powder.
We did get a shape-shifted dragon actually.
But we also got a ring. A sentient ring that possess evil people for the greater good. I can't wait to see how crazy that one get.
Other players have quite normal character.

All in all we remained pretty reasonable, maybe because most of are relatively new to RPG?
Well, to be fair, my spider can be quite abusable and the ring is unlikely to ever really die.
>>
>>49722202
>>16yo half-drow half-devil neutral evil white dragon ancestor sorcerer

You do realise that i wouldnt even let the person in the game after that?
>>
>>49722692
> He doesn't want to recruit a team of teenagers with attitudes to make the edgiest campaign ever.
>>
File: 1471457771552.png (459KB, 667x1000px)
1471457771552.png
459KB, 667x1000px
I wanted to play a drow draconic sorcerer once.
I wanted to be a pseudomartial and use the melee cantrips, and that gave me dexterity, charisma, and proficiency with rapiers. Sometime like a scorned or unwanted daughter of one of the somewhat heretical (amongst the drow) houses that was experimenting on using dragon blood to empower their sorcerers, and were close enough with slave testing that they were willing to use it on a drow they didn't want anymore. Then they either escape and are hunted down or get thrown out with the trash and run away into getting captured, and I play Out of the Abyss with a character familiar with the Underdark who can do some good spell slinging and magic-infused swashbuckling, and eventually get to play out the "Is this how you do the life on the surface? What do you mean you do not kill each other for fun? Why is the matriarch not punishing him for these advances?" and try to fit into society, or at least learn from the party how to find a niche.
But then I figured it'd be less fun playing the mysterious underdark campaign with a character who knows it, and opted for a halfling cleric.
Campaign died in 3 weeks.
>>
>>49722202
>Sure...guys, you all have 5 levels more so anon can play his 1/4th devil/elf/human/dragon. But I'm feeling extra nice, so anon, you get 10 more HPs so you don't feel that much behind
>>
>it's a half-dwarf half chameleon type saurian with Elemental Heritage (wind)
>>
>>49722610
Depending on the edition, it's either the strongest race in the game, or just behind pureblooded humans.
>>
>>49722610
Better. You see, by being a half-elf/half-elf he may take a dual class. So if he is a half-elf/half-elf ranger/ranger, he may take the enviable dual wield ability, and then dual wield HIS DUAL WIELD.
>>
>>49723261
Wait. But elves are limited to dual-wielding (2 weapons), which means half-elves are limited to single weapons (1).
Which means that a Half-Elf/Half-Elf Ranger/Ranger would dual wield (2/2)+(2/2) = (1)+(1) = 2 weapons as normal.
>>
>>49723307
That is if the 2 elf halves are different, it you take 2 upper elf halves then you can have 4 weapons!
>>
>>49722202
Half orc half sheep. The farm was abandoned when the horde came through and they had to make do with what was available.
>>
Honestly not seeing a problem here if the game was one where an evil party member (because half demon half actually evil elf is going to be LE as FUCK)
>>
File: 1318198366001.png (55KB, 455x451px)
1318198366001.png
55KB, 455x451px
>>49722275
>>49722251
Can I get my Sorcerer powers from my mother?

She is more terrifying than any dragon, in fact, she is the kind of person who makes ancient eldritch beings from behind the veil of reality go ''Yeah, fuck that shit. I aint coming anywhere near earth''.
When the Event Horizon vanished in a hellish dimension where only madness and agony await which made them wish the were all dead, they actually met my mother.
The reason the Cenobites prefer to stay in that box is because outside of the box my mother is waiting.
Cthulu sleeps in the sunken city of R'yleh to avoid my mother.
"'Mother'' from The Binding of Isaac actually seems like a pleasant middle-aged lady compared to my mother.
>>
>>49722664
While I'm at it, I'm also the party artisan, would any of you have an idea of a non magical item a shapeshifter or an hydromancer would want?
>>
>>49723689
Maybe you should stop being such a pussified millennial?
>>
>>49723731
You clearly haven't met my mother, fellow millennial.
>>
>>49722275
Dragon-Sorcerer doesn't mean Half-Dragon.
>>
>>49723875
Exactly, dragon sorcery began as an offshoot of dragon proctology.
>>
>>49723689
Nah, man, that's just an Extraordinary Feature that gives +10 to Intimidate checks against direct descendants.
I think my mom got it sometime after my youngest sibling was born.
>>
>>49722248
"You said neutral evil right there in your description! And we BOTH know you couldn't play Chaotic Good if your life depended on it! Need I remind you of nearly killing the wizard because he happened to catch your bitch ass in the very edge of his fireball? Or burning down the fucking inn you were staying at, because a fur trader staying there over-charged you for cloaks?! Cloaks I might add, you wouldn't have needed, if you hadn't decided, "Fuck spending the winter in this fort, I'mma attempt the pass against the wishes of the party and the warnings of literally every NPC you've met!""
>>
>>49723261
>dual wield HIS DUAL WIELD.
The O, is that you?

now I want to see an elf with sub-arms
>>
>>49722275
> Nigga, we Bleach now.
>>
>"Can I be half-gnome half-something else?"
>"Maybe"
>2nd half is also gnome
>Is really just a gnome in a robe standing on another gnome's shoulders.
Granted, the fact they're both illusionists does lend to the disguise's effectiveness.
>>
>>49725573
I honestly woudn't reject.
>>
>>49725573
Be Half-HalfGnome/HalfGnome / Half-Halfling.
>>
>>49725594
Dumb gimmicks like a character actually being a group of people, or HP loss being represented with loss of clothing instead of injury are great for certain types of games
>>
>>49725639
I want to say that's what DnD calls a Leprechaun
>>
>>49725741
I've always wanted to put leprechauns in my game, but I can't think of a reason why Kender or Halflings don't fill the role of tiny douchebag thieves better.
>>
>>49725783
Why in the hell would you use Kender over anything? Dragonlance is a terrible setting even without those little fucks
>>
>>49725831
So people don't feel sorry about killing them, duh.
>>
>>49722231

Are you me? I have a player named Steve that pulls this shit too.
>>
>>49722202
>I don't like players doing edgy characters
Stop playing and fucking kys
>>
>>49723261
Really hurts the neck, though.
>>
if two half elves fuck, do they have a full human or full elf?
>>
>>49727754
They have a half-elf.
>>
>>49727754
depends on whether being an elf is mono- or polygenic, as in determined by one or multiple genes

>one gene
the parents have it probably both heterozygotic
the children are
>25% human
>50% half elf
>25% elf
so half of their children are half elves and half pure blood with both human and elves

>multiple genes
most likely their offspring is anything between full human and full elf, depending on how many human genes and elf genes end up in the child
if it is continuous, stepwise or trait dependent I don't know
whether the offspring is even fertile or even capable of living I dunno
depends on setting
>>
>>49726444
also kinda hard to see while doing it.
>>
File: 3692504-asura.jpg (88KB, 821x582px)
3692504-asura.jpg
88KB, 821x582px
>>49722762
>Put thought into character
>campaign dies
>Barbarian who's back story I came up with while drunk and boils down to "eat everythin"
>2 year campaign
Why though.
>>
I once attempted to emulate Cu Chulainn (the actual legendary one, not the animu knockoff), and in doing so wound up with a Suli-Jann Dual-Heritage Bloodrager with the Eldritch Bloodline feat.

My Warp Spasms were fucking weird, man.
>>
>>49722231
>evil can't cooperate in a good party.
When will this meme die?
>>
>>49732023
>le evil is only able to think of stabbing people

That annoys the hell out of me. Some of the best characters I've ever played were thoroughly bad people who still had their friends' backs. Even Chaotic Evil can get along as long as they challenge leadership and respect power and aren't stabby morons.
>>
>>49732023
>>49732061
Someone once said that anyone capable of playing an evil character will just shrug at the no evil rule and play something else.
I see no reason to allow evil characters unless you really trust your players.
>>
>>49732300
Smart evil is capable of playing with a paladin, smart good can play with a necromancer. You have to understand that character may be good or evil and it shouldn't matter, what's more important is that the people playing the characters are able to play with the rest of the party. I have as many games ruined by an over zealous lawful stupid holy men as I have had fucked by back stabbing rouges.
>>
>>49732411
This is correct.

>>49732300
I totally will shrug my shoulders and play something else, but I still find the arbitrary rule silly when it's derived from people who are just bad players. I mean, the opposite is still true - a bad player will find a way to play poorly regardless of alignment or roleplaying rules.
>>
>>49732023
>When will this meme die?
When bad players stop playing Evil characters just to have an "it's what my character would do" excuse to fuck over their party members and derail everything just for attention.
I agree that Evil characters can be more nuanced and have every reason to get along with a Good party in the right hands, but don't act as if the "meme" is unwarranted.
>>
>>49732787
Except it's totally unwarranted, because as previously mentioned, a bad player can be an uncooperative asshole as a Good or Neutral character as easily as an Evil one and still use the phrase "it's what my character would do."

Why not just punish bad players and tell them "no, get out of my game"?
>>
>>49732811
Because the people pushing playing evil in a non-evil campaign have a higher chance of creating a problem than the guy playing non-evil.

Yes, both can cause problems but one is a far more frequent flag of abuse.

If I know you as a player and don't see a problem with you I'll allow it.

If you are fresh to the group, sorry, you have to prove to me you can handle a regular character first before I'll allow you to play anything evil.

PS I will also punish bad players. But I still lock my doors at night despite the fact that some people have pry bars.
>>
>>49726045
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.