[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She was charmed by a succubus/incubus combo Did i take my control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 51

File: IMG_1602.png (175KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1602.png
175KB, 750x1334px
She was charmed by a succubus/incubus combo
Did i take my control of her character too far?
I told it as "you lost a day or two in a haze of base pleasures, half blacked out"
>>
>>49718468
Say "qq"
>>
File: stop-it-boner.-no-meme.png (30KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
stop-it-boner.-no-meme.png
30KB, 214x200px
>>49718468
Rape/unwilling sex at the game table is never a cool idea, even if your boner tells you otherwise.
>>
>grog DM tries to do a fetish sex scene with an actual female player's character

Kek.
>>
If all you really said was a sentence, then it's her overreacting. But it's important to know your boundaries for anything in the future
>>
>>49718502
>>49718498
i faded to black for any actual description, it was meant to trap the players.
>>
>>49718468
>Rape Demons Rape people

You know, I am surprised by the reaction honestly.

What do people expect from Succubus or Incubus?
>>
>>49718468
Ask her what she meant by this
>>
>>49718521
Well you had her female PC get mind controlled and raped by an incubus. So "dude haha it was just a trap" is not a great excuse.
>>
File: 1388170236244.jpg (30KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1388170236244.jpg
30KB, 512x384px
>>49718515
Honestly, surrounded at the table by desperate grog virgins, it's a good idea for her to nip this sort of thing in the bud right off.
>>
>>49718541
we spend the game killing people (Even innocent people) and the group has even framed people for murder before. we regularly deal with heavy, adult concepts. is rape suddenly too far?
>>
File: Call the Police.jpg (43KB, 476x348px) Image search: [Google]
Call the Police.jpg
43KB, 476x348px
>>49718527
>What do people expect from Succubus or Incubus?
For them to have seduced the Prioress or Abbot, leading to a conflict with the church's troops and clerics, culminating in an attempt to expose the fiend and battle it's vile diabolic allies.

A lot of players don't want your imaginary demon dick in them, go figure.
>>
>>49718553
Of the players?
Yes, of course it is, you silly boy.
>>
>>49718558
the succubus AND incubus run a brothel and charm people to trick them into being food for a vampire who lurks in the basement. they got a saving throw and snapped out of it before they got bitten or anything. it wasnt just for the lulz.
>>
>>49718553
Yes, because you've given your consent to kill and fight goblins when playing a fantasy RP.

It's a violence based game, not a rape based game. If everyone had consented to playing FATAL it'd be kinda okay, maybe.
>>
>>49718468
Yep, you went too far. You should apologize and, if possible, retcon it.
>>
File: Son__I_am_Disappoint.jpg (43KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Son__I_am_Disappoint.jpg
43KB, 480x600px
>>49718582
Why the fuck would fiends waste their time feeding some damn leech in the basement, at an establishment filled with already corrupted people, when their mission is to corrupt the pure and virtuous?

Sounds like a shit idea from the start.
>>
>>49718558
So like every Player character, they don't want their weaknesses exposed and their egos ruptured?

Succubus and Incubus are fantastic traps because Players are always vainglorious and think anyone trying to jump on their bones is just another adoring fan.

Incubi and Succubi are great tools to break this illusion and give the players an encounter they can't just beat by mashing swords into it's gut right away.

It's the same way as having a Vampire trying to seduce or turn a party member.

Players need to get off this high horse, they're not immune to these effects themselves, they're not apart from the workings of the world.
>>
>>49718553
Try a simple turnabout, would you be perfectly fine with the DM casually mentioning that your male PC got kidnapped and gangbanged by some orcs for a few days? No biggie right, sorry you lost a few days travel, back on the dusty trail cowboy...
>>
>>49718606
The difference there is that Succubus and Incubus are literally designed to seduce and control people via sex.
>>
>>49718598
there is a vampire lord who is far stronger than them, and forced the succubus and incubus into spreading their spawn so the vampire could gain power. they werent doing it because they wanted to
>>
File: 1385662391465.jpg (15KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
1385662391465.jpg
15KB, 300x311px
>>49718600
>Succubus and Incubus are fantastic traps because Players are always vainglorious and think anyone trying to jump on their bones is just another adoring fan
Agreed. Have the Paladin pick up an adoring fangirl, or the Lady Ranger the shy attentions of the handsome woodcutter. Let them form a tenuous, gently romantic bond, then have their paramour start making little suggestions that lead to unfortunate results, inspire jealousy amongst towards the other players, that sort of thing.

"Wham, you are chamed, let the pegging begin!" is some crude bullshit use of a Succubus or Incubus, not at all fitting to their mission. They aren't something from your hentai. They shouldn't even HAVE to use Charm except as a last resort.
>>
>>49718468
Yes. You're an asshole. If someone doesn't want sexy rape stuff in their goblin killing games that is fine. Imagine being in the middle of some sexytime roleplay when one of your partners decides to rip off your goblin dick and kill you.
Sure someone's bound to be into that but the point is you ask before mixing someone's chocolate ice cream with kale and respect their wishes if that isn't what they want.
>>
>>49718621
>and forced the succubus and incubus
These guys are the personal servants of beings vastly more powerful than some sparkly edgelord. And they likely have the means to return to the Abyss.
They are not going to be browbeaten by some Vampire.
>>
>>49718468
Unless your players have agreed ahead of time to strong sexual themes, you absolutely should avoid sex in your games at all cost.

Even if they've agreed to sexual themes ahead of time, you should absolutely avoid rape as a concept unless they've also agreed to that ahead of time.

The fact that you even have to be told this shows what an absolute fucking moron you are and how completely clueless you are about social norms.
>>
>>49718654
That's a tangent, it's a fantasy world so these creatures can be anything.
The DM's choice of plot direction is the critical factor here, not the lore.
>>
>>49718637
see
>>49718621

in this case they werent trying to corrupt the pure of heart, they were looking for easy targets, who may not be pure, but arent wholly forsaken either.

>>49718598
>>49718637

I'm not asking if the story makes sense with the lore, because fuck you my homebrew world has different succubi and incubus than yours.
what im asking is if as a GM, I shouldn't have forced sex upon my PC.
>>
>>49718659
He ran Succubi as "make a saving throw against Rape".
His perpetu-virginity is causing him to make bad calls as a DM, clearly.
>>
>>49718680
okay i accept that i introduced the plot poorly, but lets say i perfectly introduced the incubus, and they failed all saving throws, is sex still too far?
>>
File: 1379520578766.png (153KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1379520578766.png
153KB, 405x405px
>>49718673
>what im asking is if as a GM, I shouldn't have forced sex upon my PC.

That's a question with a REALLY obvious fucking answer.
And you were the one who brought all this story-context to the discussion, I am certain your players weren't familiar with your "homebrew lore" either. They probably didn't equate Demons and Devil in D&D with "Legend of the Overfiend".
My advice is to keep your wank-fantasies out of your roleplaying sessions, you Cretin.
>>
>>49718712
>but lets say i perfectly introduced the incubus
If you perfectly introduced the Incubus, the player would desire an intimate relationship with them, no saving throws required.
>>
>>49718712
YES YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>49718714
as with any homebrew, they may not know every single thing i make up in my head, but that doesnt qualify it as unusable.
and i hate to tell you but i genuinely didnt include it as any fetish. not even into that sort of thing.

is any sexual content off limits unless PCs initiate it?
>>
That's the entire concept of the Succubus/Incubus, or any corruptor-type Demon.

They want you to listen to the little whispers in YOUR OWN head, to be willing to do wicked deeds to slake your own wants and needs and cravings.

They are just their to egg you along with little teases and to place temptation in front of you.
It's not "corruption" if they dominate you into doing stuff. That's purely Mind-Flayer type shit.
>>
>>49718748
okay so lets say my succubus is a more of mind-flayer type of succubus. maybe even a mix. it uses sex and mind control. the lore is irrelevant.
the question is the ethics of putting my characters in a position where they cant control if they have sex.
they were perfectly fine with the idea of a character being charmed and doing things out of their will before that. suddenly the sex is too far?
>>
>>49718744
Putting a character in sexual context against the player's will should be.
>>
>>49718468
You did nothing wrong.

Your player is so immature that they personally use their character as an avatar of themselves when the very last thing a character in a D&D (or any other tabletop) game should be is a self-insert.

You are at fault for introducing sexual concepts to a child who isn't mentally developed enough to handle them, but that ceases to be your error when you consider that child is actually a grown fucking woman.
>>
THE ANSWER IS NO OP, YOU RAGING FAGGOT
STOP WRITING THESE INCREASINGLY AUTISTIC REASONING POSTS
DISCUSS WITH THE PLAYER/PLAYERS BEFORE THE NEXT SESSION, AND DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD UNDO THAT, OR WHATEVER WORKS BEST
BY ANY MEANS, AN APOLOGY IS IN ORDER
>>
>>49718765
Yes.
>>49718776
You shouldn't make the character have sex against the player's will.
>>
File: yaranaika_face.png (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yaranaika_face.png
57KB, 800x800px
>>49718765
Believe it or not but most people are in fact uncomfortable with being raped, or having their fictional avatar be raped, even in a fantasy game, even if there are rape-monsters in the fantasy game.
>>
Never take pc's to your magical realm without consent. I play to lop off heads and save the world, not to get raped both literaly and figuratively (seriously, no saves?).
>>
File: 1377323612135.png (64KB, 319x304px) Image search: [Google]
1377323612135.png
64KB, 319x304px
>>49718744
Jesus Christ.

1. If Player A wants to have sexy-time with someone/something, play it off as you did in the OP, just a brief, "you have a night of passion" so the other players don't have to cringe to it.

2. You can have rapey Marauders or Monsters threatening NPC's, but don't succumb to the temptation to go rape-train on the PC's romantic interests/relatives, let alone the PCs themselves. Really avoid active descriptions of "le rape", best to have the PC's avenge the aftermath than to sit in a cage and witness it or something equally creeptastic.

3. Do not rape the players. Ever. Not even if player A. is all cool about it, players B., C. and D. don't want to have to hear about that shit, or god forbid, have to start roleplaying with A. in the context of their new "I been raped" drama.

These are the general guidelines you should adhere to.
>>
>>49718744
>is any sexual content off limits unless PCs initiate it?
How is it that you're incapable of bringing up the topic of sexuality in your game to talk to your players about before you rape them, yet you're perfectly capable of waltzing right ahead to rape their characters anyway?
The massive creamy spergload a GM must be to do this would be completely incredulous to me if not for how often I hear this crap.
>>
>>49718786
>>49718724
chill out samefag. Im sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but we play an adult game that regularly deals with adult themes.
Im open to the idea that perhaps I went too far with the sex, but I came to /tg/ for a real conversation about the merits of whether or not sex is okay in a game of DnD, and your flame isn't constructive.
>>
>>49718805
Consenual Sex is not a planet they have visited.
>>
>>49718797
they had multiple save chances, they failed two seperate saves. they rolled low.
>>
>>49718617
You, the DM, an actual person, decided what would happen. The incubus and succubus don't actually exist. Their actions are your actions. You could have made them do anything, or even not bring up what happened, but you chose to make sure the female player know that she was raped. That wasn't a demon. That was you.
>>
>>49718617
And orcs rape and pillage.
>>
>>49718813
Characters having sex is okay in a game of DnD, but not against the players' will.

Yes, even if they're okay with characters being murdered in combat. That's just how people roll. It doesn't need to make sense, and you don't need to understand it, but you need to accept it.
>>
>>49718805
the characters have had sex before in the campaign. this isnt the first experience with sex. this wasnt the first time sexuality had been roleplayed
>>
File: 1390404551179.gif (663KB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
1390404551179.gif
663KB, 200x149px
>>49718832
Only in your Doujins, asshat.
So unless you advertised the game as "Doujins and Dragons", people don't expect that.
>>
>>49718829
she wasnt the only one, two males were "raped" as well.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-10+at+12.18.44).png (12KB, 1255x113px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-10+at+12.18.44).png
12KB, 1255x113px
>>49718813
>samefag
not today, faggot OP
you literally post something autismal, act as if someone else is at fault when you have their character raped, then when people explain why you're in the wrong, you call it "flame", like a retard on a forum in 2005
sex is okay in dnd, but raping characters isn't, just how it is
>>
>>49718792
While you're at it lets just make sure he never makes the character die against the player's will.

And we can also ensure the loot tables don't give them any cursed items against their will.

The only way to properly DM a session is to never ever present the player with any challenges to their character's weaknesses or remove them in any way from their sheltered comfort zones.

It. Is. A. Fucking. Game. What right does a player have to play the victim card and feign being a goddamn rape victim by saying "you forced sex upon me and now I am traumatized and can't sleep at night" when the only words exchanged were "you fucked for a day or two and then woke up".

When the DM hosts a session at her house, stops in the middle of it, fucks her pet dog in the mouth, and then sits back down and resumes play, then he's crossed the line.
But that character on paper is not her dog and the conceptual behavior of a succubus is not his physical penis thrusting into rover's maw.

The only harm done in this situation was self-inflicted harm from the player being a drama queen.
>>
>>49718855
>she wasnt the only one, two males were "raped" as well.
>Please someone, tell me I did okay

You aren't going to get this.
>>
>>49718855
And now you've learned a valuable lesson that it's something you should not do. You may not understand why, but as a rational adult you should be able to learn not to make the same mistake again in the future.
>>
>>49718839
>I'm irrational and illogical and you have to cater to my vagina feelings otherwise you're a shitlord
Go back to Tumblr, you degenerate ham beast
>>
File: 1373898433633.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1373898433633.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>49718864
Get Help.
>>
>>49718864
see my later post >>49718839
>>
>>49718861
>sex is okay in dnd
Not at my table, but I make that clear beforehand. I'm not here to play your erp referee, I'm here to ralph dungeons while I crap dragons.
Communicate with your players. It's not a hard concept.
>>
>>49718861
When did rape become worse than murder?
>>
>>49718864
Psychologically the players are invested in the collective imagination of what happens to their characters. Despite whatever you might think, having your PC be raped by the DM's monster comes across as very personal event for an average player (particularly a girl player).
>>
File: 1429697160604.gif (498KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1429697160604.gif
498KB, 450x337px
>>49718877
>>49718864
>"I think the Goblin Slayer manga appeals equally to men and women" - the shitpost.
>>
>>49718813
Rape isn't an "adult theme". Teenagers fuck and do violent shit all the time. Raping PCs is magical realm bullshit. Even offscreen. Even charmed. Even with rapedemons involved.

End of story, the game exists for the players and GM to /have fun./ If you do something that isn't fun, or doesn't contribute to future fun, you're playing the game wrong. No matter what stupid game it is. Raping PCs is not fun for anyone but you, so based on utility, you're an assclown.
>>
>>49718877
That's not an argument against what I said, you're just stating your displeasure. Doesn't change the fact at all that you have to accept it whether you like it or not.
>>
>>49718889
In D&D? Because there are rules for murder in D&D, and when you play it you buy into murder. There aren't rape rules. Because you shouldn't be raping in D&D. So no one who sits down has bought in for rape.

In real life? Fuck off to a board where the posters have real lives.
>>
>>49718494
fpbp
>>
>>49718888
this is a post from a reasonable human being, oh wait, no its not, because khorne fucking posted this
>>49718889
when general society decided that it was, you stupid shit
how fucking insular do you have to be to not understand that concept, while paradoxically somehow being in contact with a D&D group
>>
>>49718553
>is rape suddenly too far?
Normally no, but you had a "special sensitive feels" player in the group and they are trained from childhood to find sex degrading and scary and get triggered by normal players mentioning it.
>>
>>49718850
>Who is Gruumsh
>What are half-orcs
Sorry to break it to you bud, but you're wrong. Also there's no need to get so aggressive.
>>
>>49718917
>how fucking insular do you have to be to not understand that concept, while paradoxically somehow being in contact with a D&D group
To be fair, someone pointed this out to him after the game, which is what brought us to this terribly autistic thread.
Now he just won't take "it was a shitty idea" for an answer.

IT WAS A SHITTY IDEA OP
>>
>>49718899
I honestly didn't expect the response. If I was a PC and it happened to me I would think "damn I need to up my wisdom". I didn't realize it was even a line that I should be careful crossing.
>>
>>49718938
you need to up your wisdom in real life, dicknuts
>>
File: discourse.jpg (84KB, 627x456px) Image search: [Google]
discourse.jpg
84KB, 627x456px
>>49718923
>Normally no, but you had a "special sensitive feels" player in the group and they are trained from childhood to find sex degrading and scary and get triggered by normal players mentioning it.
>Trying this hard
>>
>>49718938
Well now you know better. You should apologize to the player for being so thoughtless.
>>
File: 1377350308966.jpg (108KB, 944x308px) Image search: [Google]
1377350308966.jpg
108KB, 944x308px
>>49718931
>Who is Gruumsh
Who has Gruumsh canonically raped in D&D, and where is it written in the game that he "promotes the raping of others".

I'll wait.
>>
File: 1450274250594.jpg (21KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
1450274250594.jpg
21KB, 300x316px
>there are people this autistic/out of touch that they think that players getting butthurt about their PC getting raped is being too sensitive
not only is it a retarded thing to put into your session no matter who is getting raped, the fact that you think you were anywhere remotely close to actually doing something right is insane

>uh yeah a bunch of ogres push down your guys characters and start forcefully anal raping you
>wtf man
>its gritty and realistic ok? thats what would happen in an actual fantasy setting, don't be pansies
>>
>>49718938
Learn how to interact with other people, holy shit, it's not that hard. You have to be complete autist or shut-in to not realize up front this was a bad idea.

I fuck my players' shit up, all the time. But I make sure ahead of time that we decide what kinds of horrible violence and ensuing mutilation can be fun and can't. This is basic adult shit. Everyone is playing together, so communicate with others.
>>
>>49718468
OP exactly how did you introduce this. You said it faded to black. What makes them think they were raped then? What did they see when they awoke? I need actual fucking details here if you want a proper answer.
>>
The whole "but there's killing and stuff" thing is a ridiculous argument for why it's okay to put in rape.

First of all, there's the element of agreed-to risk; in a game where you know there's going to be violence, that violence will also happen to your characters. If your players don't start going out and raping things, then they haven't agreed to have that in their setting unless mentioned specifically.

Second of all, there's the degree to which that agreement applies. Even if your players agree to violence in their games, they might not agree when you start describing innards spilling out or horrific torture or something in graphic detail.

Both of these mean that just because there are some of these "adult" themes it doesn't automatically make others open to being put in, nor does it allow for you to describe it in detail if it's not what is wanted. The bottom line of this should have just been your player stating that they found it disturbing. Not that that they didn't like that something bad happened, but that it was disturbing to that person personally. You're all trying to play a game together that's enjoyable, so if someone isn't having fun for reasons entirely within your control, is not hypocritical, and is for good personal reasons instead of being a sore loser, then you should fix it.
>>
>>49718962
strawman fallacy. I get your point but I faded to black, didnt get into any description, it wasn't violent, and they encountered magically charming sex demons.

by the logic of this thread, I should never use a succubus, because they might use sex (one of their main tools) against a player
>>
Fucking hell /tg/ really is by far the most tumblr board.

I don't know who you lowest common denominators play with but if its not with friends who you know the limits of then you can fuck right off. OP is being autistic, but these boring faggots preaching about objective rules in roleplaying games are stupid. Nothing wrong with including themes basic bitches might get triggered by if you don't have any of said bitches around the table. I won't limit my fiction without good reason, and neither should any good GM.
>>
>>49718987
> because they might use sex (one of their main tools) against a player

> as if the GM had no agency over the powers of monsters
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>49718938
>If I was a PC and it happened to me I would think "damn I need to up my wisdom".
This is a reasonable response to what happened. "I'm going to hate you forever now because you raped me" is not a reasonable response.

As a DM the best you can do is to adapt to what allows your players to have a good time and permit yourself to have a good time with them. Sometimes this means accommodating the somewhat unbalanced needs of one player in particular to buffer the table from their bullshit and allow things to run smoothly so everyone can enjoy. Sometimes this means recognizing that a player is too sensitive and the table considering removing that player from the group.

A chick can be That Guy too.

Since you'd already dealt with sexual themes in game and no one had ever taken issue with it, I have to assume that you know this person pretty well and have gamed with them a long time, and yet them responding this way still totally took you by surprise. That's pretty fuckin' weird mate. This player has seriously never had inexplicable fucky gripes about things before? Never?

The fact that you were playing with 3 people and only ONE has deemed it necessary to shit on your parade while the other two are sleeping like babies and couldn't give less of a shit if they tried, aught to tell you something.

Lot of posters in this thread are hammering the "it's never okay" point home hard, but 2 out of 3 people who were on board the rape train didn't give a shit, and Mr 4 (you) saw nothing wrong. That's meaningful.
>>
>>49718962
Nah-uh anon, OP gave his players SAVES.
>Your CMD fails and the ogre rapes you
>Oh you pass your first check, but roll again. Yeah, the other ogre gets you too.
>They chop your heads off when they're done with you because they eat humans and would put you in a stew. You don't get saves for that part because you're helpless and tied up.
>>
>>49718987
>>by the logic of this thread, I should never use a succubus, because they might use sex (one of their main tools) against a player
If they ain't into it, yeah, why would you do that? Are you an asshole?
>>
File: 1446094828537.jpg (13KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
1446094828537.jpg
13KB, 238x212px
>>49718987
>I should never use a succubus, because they might use sex (one of their main tools) against a player
They use the offer of Hot Sex with someone Incredibly Attractive as a temptation to become a pawn in their subtle evil Schemes.

They are not "Save against Rape" monsters from Tentacle Hentai, you oblivious, immature fuckwit. They do not accomplish anything by "forcing heroes to have teh sex".

Seriously, your severe autism is showing at this point in the conversation.
>>
>>49718898
Where the fuck did that even come from? I'm pretty sure most Chinese cartoons appeal more to men than women.
>>
>>49718976
i said it almost exactly how its described.
the player asked "did our characters actually have sex?"
i said yea
for anyone interested, based on the tone of the thread, ill probably fix it, I wasnt dead set on having their characters raped, its my first time DMing and was genuinely curious about the general consensus.
>>
>>49718987
>I should never use a succubus, because they might use sex (one of their main tools) against a player
No, this is something no-one in this thread has said. Did you really understood the replies? Maybe you should read them again with a thought this time.
>>
>>49718956
I'd also make sure the demons that did it meet an appropriately just end (re: bloody, not being raped themselves). By fiat, if necessary.
>>
>>49718468
you should apologize and offer to fill in the blank with something other then unabashed sex OP

if she's ok with it work with her to have her character do something else
they could have taken her away and used her rep to manipulate politics somewhere or something
or they could have used her as a catalyst for some dark ritual or what ever
or they like stole her childhood memories for some nefarious purpose

just work with the player to retcon the situation if she's willing and hope it can lead to more interesting story stuff
>>
>lets all bully autistic people: the thread
>>
>>49719000
My suggestion to you to to find a non-autist and have them explain the term "basic bitch" to you, because I don't think it means what you think it means.

Also, isn't it past your bedtime? Highschool is in session again, isn't it?
>>
>>49719010
Rape =/= other sexual themes

It's charming (read: laughable) that you think someone who likes a little bit of handholding pure consensual sex for the sole purpose of LOVE is also going to be okay with rape.
>>
File: 1474401252557.jpg (371KB, 507x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474401252557.jpg
371KB, 507x1080px
>>49718468

Have you learned nothing from your time here? Keep your fucking magical realm out of the fucking session. Even if you don't think it's your magical realm.

Sexuality and individual preferences are a fucking touchy subject, so unless the player literally signed up for it and let you know where their boundaries are, don't do magical realm stuff.

Or as one wise anon said it:
>The problem with raping a character isn't the rape
>It's the fact that afterwards some poor fuck now has to roleplay a character who just got raped, and everyone else at the table have to roleplay as if interacting with a raped character

NOT ONLY IS THIS CRINGE AS FUCK, THIS IS ALSO A FUCKING HEADACHE WHEN YOU JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN AND SLAY GOBLINS
>>
>>49718961
He tells orcs to breed as much as they can. Are you just gonna assume no rape happens? And there's no need to be passive aggressive with your images. They add nothing to the conversation.
>>
>>49719040
top tier arguments, I am BTFO
>>
>>49719022
>Getting pissed over OOC knowledge that didn't impact the player character in any way.

What is there to be mad about? How big a "muh feefees" faggot do you have to be to lose sleep over that.
>>
>>49719049
Well he's right, basic bitches are generally attractive. They're the kind of girls that drink Starbucks and wear yoga pants. They also tend to be very superficial. The term you're looking for is SJWs.
>>
>>49719046
But nobody knows about the rape you fucktard. They blacked out and woke up hours later. That they had sex is OOC knowledge they got by asking the DM.
>>
File: large_family-sing.jpg (81KB, 453x302px) Image search: [Google]
large_family-sing.jpg
81KB, 453x302px
>>49719047
>He tells orcs to breed as much as they can.
All that wait for nothing.
Let me re-iterate: fuck off with your Doujins.
>>
>>49719044
>a little bit of handholding pure consensual sex for the sole purpose of LOVE
Project harder.
>>
>>49719067
I meant normalfags, really.
>>
>>49718987

Man this bait is at autismal levels
>>
>>49719071
>lost a day or two in a haze of base pleasures
>in a brothel
>run by, it was revealed, a succubus and an incubus

Yeah, nah, you're an idiot.
>>
If your player is upset, you went too far. Apologize and don't do it again.
>>
>>49719047
Still doesn't make it a great idea to involve this particular group and these particular people in orc rape. The DM is not under obligation to subject the characters to every single unpleasant thing that could happen in the world, and should use discretion instead.
>>
File: 1475820492065.png (16KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1475820492065.png
16KB, 645x773px
I get pretty invested in my characters but I don't think I'd lose sleep over one dying or being raped. Especially by a monster whose purpose is to rape and/or use sex to control and abuse humans. Is that wrong?
>>
>>49719082
What about that quoted section was projecting at all? Are you just saying words that you thought sounded cool?
>>
File: 1420697546179.png (332KB, 513x746px) Image search: [Google]
1420697546179.png
332KB, 513x746px
>>49719067
>I'm not close to any females I didn't pop out of, I resent their lack of attention to me, and I angrily generalize about them because of it
The post. /pol/ has probably noticed that you've slipped under the wire again, by now.
>>
>>49719094
I agree OP is in the wrong but this is retarded.

>THE PLAYER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

'no'
>>
>>49719071

Stop fucking trying to weasel out of this shit. "Fading to black" is 101 "and then you had sex" unless the GM explicitly explains what happened afterwards.

For instance:
"So you get charmed by the incubus. Now helpless, he imprisons you and prepares a plan to use you as bait in your comrades to their doom as well. Yes that's all that happens."
is how this shit is handled.
>>
>>49719102
No. Doesn't make rape in general in games right either.
>>
>>49719093
>Succubus being used to feed a Vampire
>Implying if they woke up tied to a table with a vamp ready to fuck there shit up you would see an issue with this.
>Implying you can tell the difference based on the description of things fading to black

You're straight up retarded. Anything could have happened.
>>
>>49719109
>you are not allowed to create classifications of sub-cultures because if you do then you are literally /pop/

le playd
urself
>>
>>49718829
What? Isn't the fucking point to pretend to not be you?

This is bad. You said something that goes against everything RPGs are about just so that you could make Anon feel bad for just doing his part as a DM to facilitate the metaphor of his world. Because a sensitive player of his reacted in a way he didn't expect, and he wanted to share it.

Because she did overreact. This in the same ballpark as getting upset over dying. You're PLAYING a character, not BEING one. YOU can't get fucking raped by imaginary monsters, but the characters can. Because they're imaginary and live in the same imaginary world that succubi live in.
>>
>>49719114
How did you even read that from that post?

Holy shit.
>>
>>49719076
Geez, do you really need to be so rude about it. I realize you're right about it not explicitly stating rape, but I interpreted it that way. I really see no reason for you to be such a prick. And for the record, I don't read doujins at all.
>>
>>49719128
>If your player is upset, you went too far. Apologize and don't do it again.

this could easily be taken as a roleplaying version of the customer service meme 'the customer is always right' especially considering many posts in this thread are off-topic.
>>
OP, my utmost advice to salvage this trainwreck would be to retcon and apologize.

This is a player, and more than likely a friend. They gave you the decency to come forward with what they feel, something that my own players struggle with doing, and it's clear she's extremely put off by what you've done. I don't feel anything like "apologize and then give retribution for the vile act" would help, but maybe it could work given what you know about the attitude of your party.

If you don't apologize or offer some amnesty to this, you're going to lose a player and leave them put off away from you. Maybe that's what some people in this thread would want, but I don't think that's what you want because you came here to talk to us.
>>
>>49719119
>>Anything could have happened.

>being this obtuse

>>Implying if they woke up tied to a table with a vamp ready to fuck there shit up you would see an issue with this.
I mean, maybe, if someone was disturbed by the idea of someone biting them or sucking blood. There's no ultimate problem, though, because the DM can always create other kinds of challenges or dangers.
>>
File: 1400128994209.png (128KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1400128994209.png
128KB, 308x308px
>>49719127
>Because she did overreact.
She didn't quit his game
She didn't call him out angrily in front of his friends
She didn't turn on him angrily at the table.

She sent him a message that she wasn't comfortable with that sort of thing at the gaming table.

Stop being a fuckwit virgin with DM entitlement.
>>
Y'know, I briefly dealt with rape once in a WoD mortals game I ran. An npc girl was enchanted by the antagonist to do everything he wanted, including sex. He tried using her to get one of the PCs, whose flaw was lust, on his side. It wasn't immediately apparent that she was being forced against her will, but I made it clear in subtle ways. The player later told me that it was a real gut punch to figure it out, because he was gonna go through with it before. He ended up beating the villain bloody and saving the npc. I remember one player saying to another 'we have to get this guy' under his breath.

It was a cheap 'this guy is evil' tactic, but I feel like it added depth to the players experience, made them feel what they were doing was meaningful. I debriefed after the session to make sure everyone was ok.
>>
>>49719139

No, it could not be "easily taken" for the roleplaying version of customer service meme.

You are just an idiot.
>>
>>49719127
Well I'm not happy about characters getting raped in other forms of fiction either. It is very unpleasant and saps my enjoyment.
>>
>>49719046
Can you explain why they would give a shit for longer than a day?

The characters, I mean. They get beaten and terribly harmed on a regular basis. Near death experiences, bruised bodies and broken bones. A normal person would probably find that traumatizing after a while, maybe even develop a complex over it, having to cowboy up and put themselves in the thick of it again, and again, and again.

The characters got fucked. All of them did. It happened. It was physical. Wash it the fuck off. Can you tell me a compelling reason why the characters would give a shit about being fucked or why the players would have any extreme need to roleplay them as though this one event changed their entire lives forever?
Instead of just taking a bath and caring about it for about a day and a half tops, like every other traumatic thing that's ever happened to them?

Sure it's obvious from just this thread that people can have hang-ups about this, but if the thread is any indicator it's also obvious that these hang-ups are not fucking universal.
>>
>>49719139
Almost no idea you have is worth a player's discomfort. Everyone's at the table to have a good time. If you did something that upsets someone, take a step back, have some empathy, acknowledge it upset them, fix the problem. Don't stomp your feet and fixate or cook up this is idea about "muh story."

If their complaint is truly ridiculous, sure, kick them or deride them. If their desires are totally incompatible, apologize and ask them not to continue playing the game. Don't just go "meh, get over it." That's the sort of callous behavior that gives us a bad name.
>>
>>49719115
>>49719146

>You fail to resist the charm check. Your body begins to feel numb and the room starts to spin. The last thing you see before your vision fades is a sneer from whatever the fuck the succubus was masquerading as.
>When you return to consciousness you find yourself in a dark dimly lit room that appears to be a cellar. When you attempt to move you find your wrists are bound by something. Did you get raped in that downtime? idk nigga. Does it matter?
>>
>>49718876
Well duh, he isn't saying, "Guys, idk what do, the whole plot depends on them getting raped more."
>>
File: 1401714086925.jpg (25KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1401714086925.jpg
25KB, 250x201px
>>49719118
I don't really get the sensitivity over rape (in the context of tabletop) either. I understand it's a person-by-person basis on how they react to it but it's just another consequence. Why is it that every time I see these threads everyone gets mega asspained over rape?
>>
>>49719139
>this could easily be taken as

Stop being "that triggered guy", Anon.
And no, it isn't easily taken that way, you clearly wanted badly to take it that way.
>>
>>49718827
Despite that, succubi don't have sex with people for the hell of it. They charm people to further their plans. A charmed ruler will be forced to summon a pit fiend from Baator, not suck off the succubus. Anyway, they try to tempt people into corruption, and use charming as a last resort since deeds done while cHarmed are not corrupting. Even if your succubi are different, (a) you did not explicitly tell the players that and (b) the players did not consent to being raped. Replace succubi with chakats or piss wizards and and you'll see the problem immediately.
>>
>>49719127
My point was that he has creative control over what happened, and appealing to the nature of succubi/incubbi is abdicating his responsibility. It may have been a bit harsh, yeah. My jimmies were rustled. (Do we still say that?$
>>
>>49718943
Not an argument. Incidentally, special sensitive feels players use arguments and logic far less than regular players.
>>
>>49719163

You can't tell your players how they are supposed to roleplay. Maybe they wanted to roleplay a sensitive and innocent character?

Well good fucking job, you just ruined that. Now them might as well retire the character because of you had to fucking insert your magical realm in to the story by going past unmentioned levels of consent.

tl;dr stop being that guy
>>
>>49718468
Its fine, should have asked beforehand.
>>
>>49719181
>I understand it's a person-by-person basis on how they react to it
Gender-by-gender, you mean.
>>
>>49719149
But anon! If a player ever has an issue with a DM's game, clearly they're bringing offense to both DM and their entire family!

/s
>>
>>49719095
Well my original point was that orcs are similar to incubi and succubi, because all of them engage readily in rape and that just because they are designed for rape, it doesn't make it OK.
>>
>>49719163
I don't see why characters should be able to get over every traumatic thing that ever happened to them at the drop of a hat. In most games they are not emotionless robots.
>>
>>49719163
People respond to different traumas in different ways, go figure, and it's not like traumatizing things just "wash off"--ever heard of PTSD? No, the experience is not universal. That doesn't make it okay to then subject your players to whatever grisly shit you want just because you think "well they can just roleplay someone who ISN'T bothered by grisly shit!"
>>
>>49719198
Nah I've seen both genders get offended by rape or blow it off. I don't get the hubbub.
>>
File: BB.jpg (15KB, 320x260px) Image search: [Google]
BB.jpg
15KB, 320x260px
>>49719181
With a table full of guys, it's simply Beavis and Butthead-tier roleplaying.
With ladies at the table it's cringey as fuck behavior, and generally female players surrounded by the sexually desperate don't appreciate it in the slightest.

So either don't TTRPG with girls, or tone that rapey shit down.
>>
>>49719193
If I told you 2 guys raped you last night whilst you were asleep after having drugged your drink would you believe me? Would it change who you are?

The characters aren't aware of shit just like you aren't aware of what happened to you last night.
>>
>>49718468
I'm not sure what you're playing this succubus/incubus seems ridiculously powerful. Like, you're probably ignoring half the rules to make this rape happen powerful. They didn't get additional saving throws for each act against they had to take against their nature or which they considered harmful to them? The charm lasted for two days? Two casters held three targets for three days without taking a break?
Why did you go so far to make sure this rape happened?
>>
>>49719193
a sensitive and innocent player who has helped frame an innocent man for murder? I dont think so
>>
>>49719181
It's just how people roll, there's no deeper reason to it.
>>
>>49719177
Guess what, dumbass, that's not how it went down in the OP, was it?
>>
>>49719209
You've got to admit your anecdotes are the exception, though.
>>
File: 1378782369896.png (257KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1378782369896.png
257KB, 500x366px
>>49719216
>If I told you 2 guys raped you last night whilst you were asleep after having drugged your drink would you believe me? Would it change who you are?
Hory Shet.
>>
>>49719193
>Well good fucking job, you just ruined that. Now them might as well retire the character
You mean like they'd have to do if you'd killed the character?

I mean if a player wants to RP that innocence angle to the hilt, they certainly can. Makes it a good method to end a character without killing it in that case.
.......and of course there would be no problem with that, as long as the player wasn't goddamn self-inserting.
>>
>>49719109
I'm not hating on anyone, I'm just stating commonly used terms nowadays. At least in my college, the term basic bitches is used all the time and is even used by basic bitches to insult each other. You shouldn't be so accusatory.
>>
>>49719243
>You mean like they'd have to do if you'd killed the character?
Spells to raise characters don't exist in your game?
>>
>>49719190
You cannot argue what feelings a person should feel by logic. If someone's hurt then they are, whether you personally agree or not.
>>
Guys, think of the incubuses for a change.
It wouldn't be fair to those poor incubuses if the PCs were arbitrarily off limits to be raped.
The player is being a real selfish bitch for giving this kindhearted DM a hard time just for trying to help out those incubuses.
Besides rape isn't even that bad, if my PC was raped I wouldn't even care at all, it's just free sex. The player should just man up like me and stop caring what degrading acts to her character in this fun adventure game. It's not like she got murdered or anything.
Also, maybe they didn't even get raped at all, you can't prove those incubusses raped her.
>>
>>49719230
OP hasn't mentioned anything about where they woke up. Point out where he said anything otherwise.
>>
File: 1400135586762.gif (162KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
1400135586762.gif
162KB, 200x187px
>>49719251
>>
>>49719215
I don't see how having a vagina automatically writes off a section of consequences as "cringey" and adds the adjective of "sexually desperate' to any players that aren't affected by it or indulge in it.

Also, I don't actively participate in it. I don't care if it happens, (which it only has a couple of times) though.

>>49719229
These threads get people crazy angry though. Is that just how people roll, too?

>>49719233
No idea.
>>
>>49719251
You made it too obvious towards the end.
>>
>>49719221
jesus christ. for the 5th time, this isnt about lore, it isnt about balance.
lets say they had 100 chances to break the charm but rolled nat 1's, and sure, in my world this is the queen of all succubi who is level fucking 2000. is it then okay to use rape? if your precious LORE and RULEBOOK all check it out as "fair"?
>>
>>49719250
Yes you can, but people with strong feels, such as special sensitive feels people, just don't like it when you do and try to resist the logic by their feels.
>>
>>49719204
Actually PTSD was specifically what I was trying to get at.

If players feel the need to RP PTSD from being mind controlled and then sexually abused then it only makes sense that they'd feel the need to RP PTSD from all the violent things they do too. Soldiers and criminals irl deal with that shit all the time because if the extremity of the violence in their lives.

But no one seems to give a shit really. Not until their special snowflake trigger-event happens.
>>
>>49719255
Presumably, the characters went into the brothel as indicated in the OP image, then woke up in the basement of that brothel, as indicated here >>49718582, then presumably escaped from there so they know that the basement was the one to the brothel they were in.
>>
File: 1346624894588.jpg (158KB, 1189x460px) Image search: [Google]
1346624894588.jpg
158KB, 1189x460px
>>49719221
It was obviously an offhanded comment that wasn't thought about very hard. The purpose of the charm, as far as I can tell from what OP has said, was to put the PCs in a position to be attacked by a vampire. THAT was what he was 'going so far' trying to accomplish, while the sex was a mere afterthought of "oh yeah, that's a thing succubi do." Hence the fade to black with no actual description.

You know what most likely got a real description that wasn't tacked on flavortext? The fucking vampire.
>>
>>49719255
OP himself confirmed that the character was raped, and that the player was upset that her character was raped. Please don't try to rules lawyer against objective facts with "what if" scenarios that we know didn't happen.
>>
File: 1434426738936.gif (1MB, 276x232px) Image search: [Google]
1434426738936.gif
1MB, 276x232px
>>49719259
>I don't see how having a vagina automatically writes off a section of consequences as "cringey"

Kind of the same way that having a penis writes off "the burly barkeeper takes your badly drunk character and puts his hairy dick up your arse" is a cringy consequence for MOST (but not all) players, including yourself, dimwit.

And people don't generally roll up a character for D&D as an exercise in finding out what in the MM will try to fuck them.
>>
File: 4CzrJ0j.jpg (121KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4CzrJ0j.jpg
121KB, 848x1200px
Hmm. This is a bit of a related question. I'm planning on having an enemy mob leader operating out of a brothel, and having an ally in a Priest of The Goddess of Lust and Revenge.

The location is just because it seemed like an appropriate location for a somewhat classy, somewhat skeezy mob boss to operate out of. Is this too magical realm? Should I swap to it being a gambling/drug den?
>>
>>49719259
>Is that just how people roll, too?
Uh, yes? You yourself admit that you've confirmed seeing people getting crazy angry, what is there left to question?
>>
From my experience, players don't like surrendering control and playing backseat to their characters being controlled.

Had a character get dominated by a Mindflayer and start stabbing his friends. That was a glorious night. I flat out told him, "You out on the mind control amulate, without identifying it. The wages of idiocy is stabbing your friend."

Did you give them atleast warnings with "Gut feelings" or the scenery, a potential hint as to the nature of their enemies, or a good chance to resist and thwart the attempt? If no, then tou fucked up. If yes, then just tell her that she had chances to aboid that outcome, and posit back that while you regret the impact this has had on her, you still stand by that she and others made the choice to fall for the trap even with the evidence of something being amiss infront of them.
>>
>>49718468
Different people are bothered by different things. This is clearly a thing that bothers this player. Just apologize and steer clear of it in the future.
>>
>>49719294
>Is this too magical realm?
The moment the players are compelled to have sex with the mob or dress up as prostitutes, it is too Magical Realm.
>>
>>49719282
So fault them for being bad roleplayers, not for having things that disturb them.
>>
>>49719294
If it's an exotic interesting locale then probably fine.
If it's a secret rape dungeon trap to abduct PCs then probably not fine.
>>
>>49719249
Extremely good point.
Cast an un-rape spell.

Problem solved. Innocence preserved.
>>
>>49719277
A) Rape is a bad thing
B) Bad things happening upsets people
A+B You should get upset that the character was raped

If you're not feeling upset about the character getting raped in a game then you are not a rational person.
>>
>>49719303
>f yes, then just tell her that she had chances to aboid that outcome, and posit back that while you regret the impact this has had on her, you still stand by that she and others made the choice to fall for the trap even with the evidence of something being amiss infront of them.
No, fucking idiot, because the trap can be any number of things that would work in the context of your setting, but because you hit on one that personally disturbs the player, you should apologize for doing so, even if it was unintentional.
>>
>>49719319
In my defense, PCs getting raped is my fetish.
>>
>>49719319
im okay making the players upset. theyre upset when they fail a mission to save NPC's, theyre upset when a PC dies, how is rape different?
>>
>>49719331
But it's not the fetish of the other players who have to listen to it.
Save it for your fanfictions.
>>
>>49719331
So is mine, but I don't indulge in that at the table. It's just Not Cool.
>>
>>49719331
Oh, well that's alright then.
>>
>>49719338
There's a difference between being upset because bad things happen and being personally disturbed.
>>
>OP goes magical rapey realm
>Even though /tg/ always says "never go magical realm"
>some autists takes this as a chance to show how badly they understand terms like "tone" and "consent"

Listen, the rape scenarios and the like are in themselves not bad, if players now that's a risk they are taking. This is something you establish at the start of the campaign, where you say stuff like "this is going to be a pretty dark campaign with violence, sexual themes, gore, etc"

If you fail to establish this early on though, everyone is going to assume vanilla fantasy games, which means stuff you'd reasonably expect out of fantasy books and tv shows. No rape, no excessive gore or even physical mutilation of imprisoned player characters. Players will assume they will be killing stuff and there's a threat of death, but that's about it. Hell, most rpg:s don't even have rules for sex.

tl;dr don't suddenly do setting tone curveballs because it "made sense" at the time, because it doesn't actually make sense since it goes against established boundaries at the start of the game.
>>
>>49718541
What else are incubi gonna do?
I know the problem is it being a PC, but honestly that's just them not separating their character from themselves enough.
>>
>>49719338
If you're okay making the players upset then you are suffering from illogical feelings QED
>>
>>49719292
Some random barkeeper buttfucking a drunk you isn't so much a consequence as it is the DM fucking around, not really comparable to sex demons which are made to use and abuse sex against PCs/NPCs.

And yes, the vast majority of players don't roll up their characters expecting sex to happen. And the vast majority of the time it doesn't.

>>49719302
It was a half-rhetoric question I guess. Just confused as to what gets people to go berserk over rape rather than any other topic. Oh
>>
>>49719310
>>49719313
Well, seeing as the extent of forced sexual contact will be a couple of prostitutes being all "Want me to show you a good time?" then it should be fine.

The dodgiest aspect is:
They have a captive, near braindead man who was half-mutated into a dragon that they are havesting acidic drool from.

If I had to chip into the overarching argument, I'd say that enchantments on player characters tend to be a quick way to tick players off, and it's normally best to allow frequent new save attempts and opportunities to bend what their compulsion is making them do.
>>
File: Superman is super upset.jpg (50KB, 784x350px) Image search: [Google]
Superman is super upset.jpg
50KB, 784x350px
>>49719352
>tl;dr don't suddenly do setting tone curveballs because it "made sense" at the time, because it doesn't actually make sense since it goes against established boundaries at the start of the game.
In other words, don't go all Snyder on them.
>>
>>49719362
Oh well*.
>>
>>49719362
>sex demons which are made to use and abuse sex against PCs/NPCs
Sex demons that never had to be there in the first place, except by DM decision.
>>
>>49719370
That doesn't make their purpose any less valid though.
>>
>>49719357
>Im gonna DM and make sure nothing bad ever happens to my PCs!
>no matter what they wont die, or fail, or get hurt!
Id be pretty fucking upset if my character died, but that doesnt mean It shouldnt be allowed
>>
>>49719294

Depends. I mean, what's the setting tones. Have sexual themes been something you usually do? Is it something the players themselves are interested in? In that case, knock yourself out and go full berserk with the locale.

If not, a brothel can still be fine, but you should be glossing over the hardcore sex pit stuff. I mean, sure some of the workers there are dressed in lingeries and stuff, and the fact that they are sex workers can be discussed, but it's not like there's a massive orgy going on, and players won't be seeing anyone indulging in hardcore assfucking.
>>
File: Albus_Dumbledore.jpg (24KB, 411x464px) Image search: [Google]
Albus_Dumbledore.jpg
24KB, 411x464px
>>49719362
>Some random barkeeper buttfucking a drunk you isn't so much a consequence as it is the DM fucking around, not really comparable to sex demons which are made to use and abuse sex against PCs/NPCs.
A. Having a party walk into a room and "WIS save! Failed? You gonna get raped!" is exactly the same thing.
B. Incubi and Succubi are in the MM as corruptor demons who TEMPT mortals with sex, they aren't Japanese Rape Demons.
>>
>>49719387
the PC's have had sex before in the campaign, by choice.
the workers were barely dressed, but i didnt go into any specifics about who they were with, what they did, how it happened. i described it almost exactly how i said.
the player is upset about the fact that the sex occured. not the descripton or the fetish or detail
>>
ITT: entitled DMs justify forcing their magical realms on players

>separation of player and character, man! Don't self-insert
>>
>>49719319
>>49719338
See how the sensitive feels poster tries to argue against a bad thing with "bad things are bad" while ignoring every other kind of bad thing, in roleplaying games where failures are a necessary risk in the narrative?

This is typical sensitive feels person argument. Right down to the false claim that any disagreement with the illogical "argument" is irrational.
>>
>>49719351
I'm shocked that I need to say this but I suppose I really do. Opinions can be wrong, and when someone has a wrong opinion the fact that it is their very own special opinion does not entitle it to protection; it's perfectly valid to call someone out on a shit opinion.

And.

Being personally disturbed by something is an opinion. Their opinion, and that's all it is, is that the subject matter is personally disturbing. If being disturbed by that is a heap of bullshit, you're not only allowed but also perfectly justified in calling them out on being personally disturbed just like you'd be alright to call them out on any other shit opinion.

It can be wrong to be personally disturbed by something. It can be entirely out of line and beyond a reasonable or even arguably beneficent or merciful cause to tolerate or accommodate a person's being personally disturbed by something. Sometimes their opinion is truly shit, and as much of an asshole as you may arguably be for not apologizing to them they are actually being 50 times worse of an asshole for even expecting an apology out of you.

And that's pretty much the pissing match going on right now too. Bunch of anons telling other anons that their opinions are shit and assuming that we're trying to defend the undefensible. We're not defending anything, we're just also tell them in no uncertain terms that "No, YOUR opinion is shit"
It's a perfectly valid discussion to have as long as we can all be honest about it.
>>
>>49719404
Consensual sex and forced sex elicit different reactions, absolutely shocking OP.
>>
File: Areyounot.jpg (49KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
Areyounot.jpg
49KB, 400x389px
>>49719408
Exactly this.
"Were You Not Titillated!?"
>>
OP's fetish must be masochism
>tell me i've been a naughty DM, tell me again I'm not repentant enough yet!
>>
>>49719331
>>49719345
So, either of you looking for a player?
>>
I think the main problem is that the DM didn't know his players well enough to tackle a possibly sensitive topic.

At the very least, he shouldn't have answered "yes" when the players asked if they had sex.

As for rape itself taking place in the campaign, I guess it depends on the feel of the rest of the campaign. My general rule of thumb is: "If they players do it to NPCs, and everyone was okay with it, then it's okay for NPCs to do it to players."
>>
>>49719408
I keep hearing this argument, but I can honestly say It wasn't for any sort of self satisfaction, or fetish, or personal pleasure. I just thought a brothel could be a cool tool to introduce a vampire. If it had happened to me as a PC, I wouldn't have had an issue, or given it a second thought.
I'm surprised so many people are so put off by the idea.
>>
>>49719393
A. An inebriated/disabled PC being taken advantage of similar to a coup-de-grace isn't really comparable to able-bodied PCs failing a Will save.

B. Well, no, Succubi/Incubi are demons that steal the souls of men/women by having sex with them while they're asleep or otherwise. That's how it's always been.
>>
>>49719417
Do you like to fuck with people with phobias?

Y'know what, if that's your train of thought, just kick all the players that disagree with you. That's really the end game here, accommodate or kick.
>>
>>49718765
Imagine the reversal: the players decide to rape your villain/ random monsters they've defeated. Wouldn't you get squicked out by that?

Regardless of your answer, you should probably ask at the start of every new campaign whether the players are okay with sexual or otherwise dark themes, if you plan on going that far. The fact that you feel bad and go on a chinese cartoon board to ask for validation should be an indication you crossed some line. I don't believe you had bad intentions, but one of your players had a bad time and you are ultimately responsible for the sessions as the DM.

I also think that the party not intervening against the hypno-demons sounds pretty... Weird? Did they all get fucked by hypno-demons?
>>
File: Areyouamagnet.jpg (77KB, 531x513px) Image search: [Google]
Areyouamagnet.jpg
77KB, 531x513px
>>49719426
>I think the main problem is that the DM didn't know his players well enough to tackle a possibly sensitive topic.
I think the problem is that the OP is a self-admitted "first time" DM and socially inept enough to misunderstand what's acceptable in a game with casual acquaintances. And clearly doesn't browse /tg/ because this sort of shit is constantly advised against.

Now he refuses to accept that he fucked up, when it's been clearly explained (by his request mind you) that he has fucked up, should apologize, and not do it in the future.
>>
File: IMG_1088.jpg (146KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1088.jpg
146KB, 1366x768px
>>49719326
Reread the OP picture you shitbiscuit and then reread what I said.
>>
>>49719429
If you're not hung up on that having to happen and your player has already indicated they are not into it, why not just apologize and move on?
>>
>>49719413
> while ignoring every other kind of bad thing, in roleplaying games where failures are a necessary risk in the narrative?
While you were asleep the tax collector walking in, used a knock out potion, and dragged every single one of you tax dodgers back to prison where you will be forced to individually fill out these four hundred page printed forms I made. This may take a few roleplaying sessions to get through the paperwork, and failure to follow the tax code correctly will result in serious consequences for your characters. You may have to retire them to debtors prison. Try anything funny and the guards will kill and rape you because that's what they'd do in my world. What do you mean this isn't the game you wanted to play? It's where I want the narrative to go!

If this sounds like false equivocation, no shit. Sex is not violence.
>>
File: Nice Strawman.jpg (94KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Strawman.jpg
94KB, 620x387px
>>49719435
>phobias
I see there will be no honesty and no discussion.
>>
>>49719453
Calm your feels, dear. You're not making any sense.
>>
>>49719447
And? The OP made a bad decision making that the trap and, as said, should apologize if it broached subject matter the player was not cool with. The problem is not that the player fell into a trap, it was the kind of trap, namely forced sex.
>>
>>49719382
That's just how you feel, and your fee fees aren't a logical valid argument according to the earlier post. Either show error in my initial premises, or concede that emotions are valid argument when talking about personal preferences.
>>
>>49719433
>Well, no, Succubi/Incubi are demons that steal the souls of men/women by having sex with them while they're asleep or otherwise.

"Generally, when a Succubus or Incubus appears, they are in an ethereal, almost ghost-like form. As such they can pass through any obstacles in order to come close to their prey. They use this ability to lurk by their target as they sleep, using their telepathic abilities to send suggestions to them and attempt to seduce their targets into giving into their darkest desires, indulge in taboos, and forbidden appetites. As they gain more influence over time, the victim becomes more apt to fall to temptation during their normal waking life.
At some point the Succubus then forms themselves fully into the mortal world, intending to directly influence their victims by appearing as the seductive image they have been seeing in their dreams. The Succubus then soon befriends or, more often, seduces their victim. By doing so, they give their victim the opportunity to indulge in their desires which then has the effect of causing the victim to perform evil with their own free will.
The purpose of Succubi and Incubi is to claim the soul of a mortal, but this is not by a formal contract, pledge or promise. By corrupting their victim over an extended period of time, they eventually fall into complete corruption. Some tales indicate that this requires the victim to commit betrayal by thought, word and deed and then at that point the victim's soul belongs to the Succubus or Incubus. Depending on how virtuous the victim is, this can take a very long time to occur, but this is seen as making the end result more rewarding. When they have succeeded in their acts against their victim, the Succubus or Incubus then kills the victim which then causes the corrupted soul to descend into the Lower Planes where the Succubus or Incubus awaits their arrival."

The historical/mythological basis of them is no more relevant to D&D than it is for Elves or Dwarves
>>
>>49719459
Now that the dust has settled, what do you think he meant by that?
>>
File: 1381305747200.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1381305747200.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>>49719473
tl;dr Succubi and Incubi are not Japanese Rape Demons in Dungeons and Dragons.
Just like Dragons aren't raping maidens in Dungeons and Dragons, whatever dragons are doing in myths/hentai/ your magical realm.

If you are going to run Rapeventures that deviate from game norms, you are obligated to inform the players.
>>
>>49719458
What's the problem? It's just them being personally disturbed by something, after all, if on a different degree. You're just trying to get away with it by saying people getting disturbed by things you like are just getting their "feefees" hurt instead.
>>
Alirght, listen kids because what follows is a lesson of psychology - women like seduction, first and foremost. What the DM did here was just a mechanical description of an event, where most guys would moan a little bit and then move on, but girls tend to dwell on things more if it involves their feefees.

Now, I would be unhappy about it myself but the crucial thing to remember is that execution is everything and with the right lead-up , the DM would be able to get away with it. Just like in real life, the girl has to think that she is making the decision, i.e. she is in charge while in reality she is being charmed, but you have to be subtle and blunt saying it is just that - blunt delivery of sex onto your PC which is pretty much rape.

DM fucked up by doing a sloppy job out of it. Real Succubus/incubus would've seduced the PC via the player, but I assume the the player did not indulge the DM in the types of thing the PC( whch usually meshes with player's own tastes) finds attractive.
>>
File: IMG_1764.jpg (107KB, 485x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1764.jpg
107KB, 485x611px
Fucking Read you autistic, Shitsucking, Cock-snorting, liquid-diet diabetic degenerate, basement-dwelling, super-sized, fedora-tipping, half-brained, paint huffing, sour-milk-drinking, "Burned a hole in my chair"-fart of a human being, Hoopleheads.

Literally says, her panties are in a twist because the effects of the Charm spell took effect. That's what they didn't like. Literally being a big baby at being robbed of total agency and her power fantasy.
>>
>>49719442

It can also be pointed out that this warning isn't just about sex stuff (though it's most commonly about sex stuff).

Physically mutilating helpless characters is also probably a no-no, especially in campaigns without magical healing that can regenerate limbs.

For instance, I wouldn't make a incubus rape someone, and I wouldn't make a succubus chew someone's dick off.

Unless of course I've warned them that this sort of thing can happen in the campaign, because its that sort of campaign.

Ironically, I think actual ERP:ers are the best at not overstepping boundaries. Probably because they got the most practice I guess. If you ever go on F-list or something like that you'll get good documentation on what to expect in the campaign.
>>
>>49719473
Depends on how you play the game I guess. Our DM loves mythological accuracy, as do I.

>>49719488
5e succubi aren't I suppose.
>>
>>49719417
>I'm shocked that I need to say this but I suppose I really do. Opinions can be wrong, and when someone has a wrong opinion the fact that it is their very own special opinion does not entitle it to protection; it's perfectly valid to call someone out on a shit opinion.
I agree. You have a shit opinion.

>Being personally disturbed by something is an opinion.
That's fine. If it doesn't disturb you to run around naked, do that: don't expect decent people to find it okay though.

All your post boils down to is
>your opinion a shit
>I'm right

Well, you don't sound like a mature person at all: you sound like the kind of guy who makes a 'gritty' game, giving little details as to what constitutes gritty and, when a person expresses how they feel put off by something in your game you deride them and say
>Fuck you, little bitch! I told you it was a gritty game, you little pussy!

So yes, you can say that feelings are opinions, albeit most feelings can't really be helped: you either find something cool, aren't bothered by it or you dislike it/are appalled by it. As long as all the people in the group are honest with their likes/dislikes and state their expectations, there will be no problems.

But you sound like the kind of guy who expects others to put up with anything he does, even if he didn't originally say what they should expect.

Fuck you, choke on a dick.
>>
>>49719413
No, I'm arguing that you cannot use logic to tell player what they should feel
>>
>>49719500
>"Alirght, listen kids because what follows is a lesson of psychology - women"

Stopped reading there, taking advice on women from a Fa/tg/uy is like taking flying lessons from a Penguin.
>>
>>49719289
>>49719284

OP stated out of character that they were raped and woke up in the basement. The scenario I presented had them wake up in a basement. You can't say that's not how it went down. This isn't rules lawyering shit this is basic fucking logic. Nowhere does OP mention anything in character indicating rape.
>>
>>49719502
You mean where it says
>Being charmed is one thing but [forcing our characters to have sex in a brothel] was kind of seriously uncool

I understand you have to be a total idiot just to keep your side of the debate, but at least keep your reading comprehension ability.
>>
>>49719459
I understood it. You're just too stupid, man.
>>
File: soronery.jpg (25KB, 393x387px) Image search: [Google]
soronery.jpg
25KB, 393x387px
>>49719506
>Depends on how you play the game I guess. Our DM loves mythological accuracy, as do I.
"A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form or supernatural entity in folklore (traced back to medieval legend) that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to SEDUCE men, usually through sexual activity. The male counterpart is the incubus. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or even death."
Still not a Rape-Demon historically, sorry.

>5e succubi aren't I suppose.
Nor any edition, most likely.
You can add "and rapes people" to any monster in your Magical Realm I suppose, but you'd best inform the players that Griffins now rape people.
>>
File: IMG_1360.jpg (94KB, 362x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1360.jpg
94KB, 362x263px
>>49719464
See
>>49719502
Then see
>pic related
You are actually mentally deficient. The sex was not the issue, the issue was her character having their agency removed. Literally in text.
>>
>>49719521
>brothel
>succubus and incubus
>haze of base pleasures

Yeah no they just fed the PCs really fatty cheese all day long.
>>
>>49719545
Read the first line of text in the image. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>49719459
Made sense to me, dear.
>>
>>49719459
I understood it to. You're grasping at straws and making mere personal attacks here.
>>
>>49719502
Honestly, what I'm getting from this thread is that both the DM and the player are at fault here.

But in the end it's the DM's responsibility to avoid this kind of debacle, now he knows better.

OP, take this as a learning experience and move on, apologize if it makes the game go smoother, don't do it again with this ground and if you do it with another group make sure they're okay with it.
>>
>>49719550
>Vampires personal bitch
>Didn't spend the unquantified blackout time stealing anything from value from them and prepping them for the Vampire's feeding.

If it was so obvious the players wouldn't have had to ask OOC if that's what happened.
>>
>>49719544
>appears in dreams to engage in sexual activity that drains the man of his vitality eventually leading to death

Yes, that's a soul-draining rape demon.

>not in any edition
SRD definitely not. I don't do sex in my campaigns though.
>>
>>49719545
>The sex was not the issue, the issue was her character having their agency removed. Literally in text.
Are you willfully being this dumb or trolling at this point, I cannot tell.
7/10 if the latter.
>>
>>49719521
>OP stated that they were raped
Which is the thing that made them upset. Whether OOC or IC is not relevant to the diacussion at hand, making what if scenarios you're defending irrelevant.
>>
>>49719557
>>49719561
>feminismmind
>>
>>49719562
If the player can get so upset over something in a game that they literally lose sleep over it that's more the players issue than anything else. No one else is complaining to the DM.
>>
>>49719522
>"I get there's going to be stuff we don't like..."
>"If X could snap out of it at seeing us hurt, I don't get why Y couldn't have refused.."

Again.

Personally hurt at the removal of her agency. DM should appologize for having touched on a sensitive issue that has upset her, should reaffirm that loss of agency should be an in-character motivator for action.

The sex wasn't the issue. It was her not having a choice. That's what upset her, from her own text there. And, in that regard, she needs to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>49719566
>Yes, that's a soul-draining rape demon.

No, thats a hot magical girl willing to have sex with you, with a really bad STD.
>>
>>49718468
Sounds like you've given her a good lesson in the lack of consent men experience so often in their lives. Don't coddle her and keep up the good work. Ignore the naysayers.
>>
>>49719578
Fine, tell the DM to kick them out of the game, and then if someone asks the DM can say "Yeah it's because that player didn't like rape."
>>
File: 1207079145992.jpg (17KB, 399x276px) Image search: [Google]
1207079145992.jpg
17KB, 399x276px
>>49719582
>>
>>49719571
It's entirely relevant. He didn't force it down there throat with graphic descriptions. He didn't spell it outright in game so that the character knows they took it up the arse last night. He didn't even non nonchalantly drop "Oh yeah by the way guys you just got raped" He was asked directly about it and chose to say yes. That doesn't indicate any sort of forward planning about this shit. If they didn't ask the question you can't say it would have even come up.
>>
>>49719578
Sure, but it's the DMs responsibility to know and avoid what makes them upset, or atleast warn them before it happens.

For example, I run a campaign with permanent PC death, and one of my players gets really, really attached to his PCs, so I made sure to let him know that if his PC dies, that's it for that PC. At the same time, I try to make sure that any death that happens is the result of dice or directly the PCs fault. My player would be justifiably upset if I went "rocks fall, your PC dies," but if he dies as a result of battle, or gets executed for treason or something, well that's his fault and he knew what he was getting into.
>>
>>49719579
>implying that accepting some things they don't like means they have to accept all the things they don't like
>"I don't get why Y couldn't have refused...[getting raped]

You're a nitwit.
>>
>>49719599
See the post above yours.
>>
>>49719603
My point is that he should have known at the very least to say "no" or "I don't know" or something to that effect when asked the question.

Now that it's happened and it's behind them, he should just avoid it in the future. If he doesn't want to avoid it in the future, he should discuss it with the group.
>>
>>49719554
>>49719569
>"And not in the 'I don't like that sort of way'"

Meaning

>I don't like that we were FORCED to have sex
Instead of
>I don't like that we were forced to have SEX(ergo rape)

The word choice tells me "Hello, Having my keys taken away really fucks with me, I would like to not please" which tells me
A) Loss of agency is actually something that affects this individual personally
B) The DM should appologize for how it affected her and how it came out during the game
C) She needs to grow up and realize charm spells exist and Wisdom/Intelligence/Charisma are not dump stats.
>>
>>49719594
Again.

>brothel
>succubus and incubus
>haze of base pleasures

If the rape wasn't intended, why use a succubus and incubus in a brothel? Why not literally anything else?
>>
OP, as a fellow DM and someone having several healthy adult relationships with sane and balanced people, you are a shithead.

Also Succs/Incs are not rape demons. They are seduction demons. There is a very important difference and it is one people have already mentioned in the thread.

You made your player feel uncomfortable. That is clear. Your job as DM is to ensure everybody has an enjoyable time. You failed in this.

Truth be told, my first time DMing I did something like this to a PC. I don't do that shit anymore because hindsight is a bitch.

Basically, learn proper lore and don't be a weirdo. Apologize and MAYBE offer some ret-conning if it won't fuck up the game too much.
>>
File: 1366951569122.jpg (33KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
1366951569122.jpg
33KB, 598x448px
>>49719594
Some people don't want to roleplay a character that has had a penis forced into them against their will. Shocking idea, I know.
And are somewhat shaken when it happens in a social game where contextually that generally isn't an issue they'd expect to address.

How many Fa/tg/uys in this thread would be cool with getting raped by Worf in a Star Trek RPG?
>>
>>49719621
Then explain when they say this
>Being charmed is one thing, but...
>>
>>49719594
It is not relevant at all. If your character's magical items were replaced by cheap replicas you the player would not like it even if the character didn't know about it, and likewise speculating how the switch was made would not make you feel any better.
>>
>>49719637
Did something happen where my character was no longer under my control? If yes, then whatever; My character will deal with the repeicussions.
>>
>>49719637
>raped by Worf
You can't rape the willing
>>
>>49719645
That impacts the game though. If they were replaced with exact magical replicas with the exact same stats and they did everything the same just it wasn't the sword you carried around earlier the day I guaran fucking tee you that no one but the most autistic cunt would give even the remotist of shits.
>>
File: 1373373084894.jpg (40KB, 479x356px) Image search: [Google]
1373373084894.jpg
40KB, 479x356px
>>49719650
>Did something happen where my character was no longer under my control?
Sure, the Klingon set his phaser for Stun, and his dick for "Maximum Violation".
>>49719650
>If yes, then whatever
Hahaha you lie as badly as you spell.
>>
>>49719639
>"it just doesn't fit that they would have given in so easily"
is the basis of my ENTIRE argument. If you can point out where that gets invalidated, I'll concede my point and reflect on how this can discussion can be learned from.
>>
>>49718468
The "rape" part doesn't really matter at all. A DM's supposed to entertain their players, making them uncomfortable with subject matter is about as bad a failure as it gets, whether it's rape or child abuse or bad pun wizards. It doesn't necessarily mean that you did wrong at the time, sometimes things just don't line up, so the appropriate thing to do is apologize and try to move on in lack of a compromise.

Though my personal question is whether or not the events were even necessary in the narrative here.
>>
>>49719637
When I black out and wake up my first question isn't "Hey DM, did I just have sex?"
>>
>>49719637
>getting raped by Worf in a Star Trek RPG?
Personally for me, the problem is not "what happened" but "how it happened." I'd probably be upset if it came out of nowhere and was unavoidable, but if my character went into Worf's rape cave to talk to him about something (and it's been previously established that our game world has rape, like for example an NPC got raped), and then drank something Worf offered him and failed some saves and then woke up next morning with a sore ass, I probably wouldn't be upset with it.
>>
>>49719622
For the abilities they have? Because it fit a greater overarching story? Because the characters are all severely neglecting certain stats and the DM wanted to play off that?
>>
Mind controlling PC's is always a hot button, and almost never ends well for a group. The first big mistake was writing an encounter that hinged on it instead of just using it to cause them to attack each other in the middle of a fight or some shit. The second was not at least giving the PC's the illusion of having a fighting chance. The lesser fuck up is not knowing your group well enough before trying something like that in the first place. Succubi raping people doesn't really make any sense though, since brute force kind of undermines the whole corruption concept
>>49719076
>>49718961
Not the guy you're waiting on, but orcs have a pretty rapey history. I don't particularly mind using the darker takes on a monster's myth or whatever, but obviously the game dealing with orc rape babies isn't for everyone
>>
>>49719665
>given in so easily...TO RAPE

If they are okay with being charmed, clearly losing agency for a little while is not the issue. The issue is clearly what happened and that there were ways to avoid what happened that the DM ignored.

>>49719683
Yes, because those are clearly the more obvious trains of thought given what ended up happening.
>>
>>49718468
As long as you're not playing D&D, do whatever you want.
>>
>>49719672

Christ THIS. The amount of people trying to rationalize around this basic concept is fucking amazing.

We get it, all the edgy kids out there who really REALLY like Rape As Plot don't want to be "censored." But how much of an empathy-free robot do you have to be to not understand that there should be some very basic decency when you're inflicting rape on characters that were created and controlled BY OTHER PEOPLE. Most people didn't get upset when the rape started happening in Game of Thrones because the setting and the characters made it very clear what kind of world it was from minute one. The first episode ends with the Incest Twins trying to murder a child.

The content is not what matters, its the fact that the players were ambushed by that content, and further were ambushed in such a way that the consequences were inflicted on them with no real opportunity to avoid them.

Every idiot on their first day knows that forcing the Paladin to fall is Bad DMing and the mark of a bad human being. The fact that forcing the paladin to fuck is being defended by people who all know that should tell you something about yourselves.
>>
>>49718468
Listen to the people ITT OP. You must pander to female players. Apologize and offer to retcon anything she wants and give her bonus xp. Make a standing offer after every session to retcon anything she or any other female player disliked.
>>
>>49719727
Eh, not really. Even though the OP fucked up I think asking a GM to go back and change things just sort of ruins the dynamic. He really should have just known better in the first place, but at this point I'd just say fuck it if I were him
>>
>>49719181
What I don't get is people bringing up it's bad due to psychological trauma and stuff, but then do a 180 and torture every NPC for infos.
>>
>>49718468
Tell them to stop acting like a pussy. If they start protesting make them aware they're being a cunt.
>>
>>49719662
And if they weren't, you'd be here posting how ThatGM made a completely unfair asspull on your character - and what's the most relevant point here, is that you would not mollified at all by the GM telling you 'it's okay your character doesn't know'.
>>
Once I was playing a snarky agnostic character who believed all of the Gods were Sufficiently Advanced Creatures like Dragons or Elementals dicking with mortals. When visiting one of a particular god's temples, a Ogre Mage undid a portal that the God has supposedly conjured specifically for us. I made a sarcastic comment belittling this god, specifically a god of blacksmithing and creation, for having their works undone by a primitive bush-shaman.

The GM smote me dead on the spot. Instant death.

Later he brought me back to life via the Death Goddess and a side quest, and let me continue to interact with the party as a ghost until I did. But the game was never the same to me. I literally did lose sleep over it. Not a lot, but I spent time staring at the ceiling fuming because my friend had just killed my character. I wasn't entirely sure why. I thought it was partly because he robbed me of all my agency with a flick of his finger. I thought it was because I'd enjoyed the tension between faith and unfaith my character was creating and the GM trying to force her to get over my agnosticism via smiting had ruined the story and character arc I wanted to make part of our campaign. I thought it was because he was abusing his power as the GM because he wanted to tell HIS story, and I was getting in the way of that, and if he wanted to handle the problem by making Rocks Fall he wasn't the kind of GM I wanted to play with.

But you know what I think the real issue was? I think the reason I was so upset is that for playing my character faithfully, for being true to who she was, my GM punished that character in a way that I could do nothing about. I might have accepted it if I'd had a fighting chance and the whims of fate killed my character. But the dice didn't kill her. The GM, my friend, did. And he did it like it was no big deal and expected me to just carry on.

I hope my story sheds some light on why I fell people ITT belittling the OP's player can go to hell.
>>
>>49719805
If it doesn't affect the game it's not an asspull what do you not understand about that? If he said my character doesn't know but any attack is now doing 1d6 less damage because that enchantment is now fake I'd be annoyed. If he said it deals the same damage it's just not the same sword anymore I wouldn't give a single fuck.

Whether the character had sex or not has no impact on the game. If he'd answered their OOC question with "No" nothing would change
>>
>>49719718
>Ambushed
>Failed 2 consecutive rolls in the main enemies den
>Either went solo or the entire party failed these rolls and no one could bail them out.

Characters have died for less.
>>
>>49719861
Anon, you insulted a god in part of his demesne on Earth, what did you expect would happen exactly?
>>
>>49719886

Then maybe the DM should have killed the PC instead of raping them, or imprisoned them instead of raping them, or done literally any other thing other than raping them? You know, consequences that the player would have reasonably expected based on the previous content of the adventure instead of a complete blindside?
>>
>>49719861
>believed all of the Gods were Sufficiently Advanced Creatures like Dragons or Elementals dicking with mortals
I'm pretty sure it's your character's fault that he died here. A god who is a True God would have no need to smite your character because he's secure in his position but a god who is just a powerful creature is a lot more likely to resort to smiting to quell non-believers, so your character shouldn't have done that.

While it was a bit of a dick move by the GM, it's entirely predictable and you really should have expected it. He could have made you roll for it, but it would have been pointless since it's a god you'd be rolling against.
>>
>>49719918
Not him, but going by your typical myth I would think a curse
>>
>>49719861
But the issue there was that the GM didn't have a consistent setting: it was a world where people can disbelieve the gods are anything more than big magical entities while at the same time anybody can get struck down for blasphemy just like that.

The GM should said "But everybody knows that people who insult a god in its own temple get struck dead." Not saying that created an inconsistent and arbitrary world.

It's just like a novel: a story can have rape, fine. It can even have rape that punishes a character for being who she is, with nothing for her to do about it. But a story where oh, a character just got smote dead with no reason to expect it is a shit novel that doesn't build the correct expectations for the reader and portrays characters as equally ignorant of the setting.

>>49719918
Well that's just it, see. You said more than you knew. Because the gods in most RP settings, eve though they're real and influential, aren't in the business of randomly striking down mortals. Le me ask you, where exactly does it imply that kind of thing happens in any fantasy setting, book, game, anywhere?
>>
>>49719918

I see you've missed the point of my story with singular perfection. Kudos.
>>
File: mp90xheamepdehm9.jpg (21KB, 454x297px) Image search: [Google]
mp90xheamepdehm9.jpg
21KB, 454x297px
>this thread
>>
>>49719874
Doesn't matter if it affects the game or not, if the GM treats player unfairly they're not going to be mollified by the GM saying 'it's okay, your character doesn't know IC' which is what you'v been trying to propose for some reason.
>>
>>49719923
He did imprison them. He said the whole point was to get them trapped for the Vamp downstairs who the succubi are working for. Then they asked if they had sex and he said "Yes" since they are succubi after all and not giving it a second thought as he hadn't focused on that shit to begin with.
>>
File: 1463514801717.jpg (35KB, 458x319px) Image search: [Google]
1463514801717.jpg
35KB, 458x319px
>>49718910
>Because you shouldn't be raping in D&D. So no one who sits down has bought in for rape.
I've been asked up-front by a DM "are you ok with rape or torture if it comes to it"

I said yes, because while I generally like my characters they aren't me and if it works for the story I'm down for it. OP obviously didn't think to collect that sort of information from his players ahead of time, but I'm pretty sure in that game I "bought in for rape."
>>
>>49719953
How is it unfair treatment if it doesn't impact the game at all?

How is it unfair treatment in OP's case when it happened to the party and as a result of 2 failed rolls?
>>
>>49719923
He did imprison them, though. It was the player who asked if they got raped.

Suppose I'm playing a beautiful Elven sorceress, who was wandering in the woods one day for a quest, and got ambushed by a group of Orcs, and beaten to unconsciousness. At this point the DM is forced to choose what would happen to my character, and either they get killed in or wake up later. Regardless of what he decides, at this point, I ask him "did they get raped?" The DM, who probably wasn't planning anything of the sort, thinks about it and goes "Yeah, probably, sounds like something Orcs would do" because going by what he knows about Orcs, it's the more reasonable answer. Who is at fault here?
>>
>>49719944
You're playing agnostic in a setting where the gods literally are real and you smack talk one in their own temple. Honestly what the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>49719944
I see the point you're probably trying to make. The point is that your post isn't supporting the point your trying to make.
>>
>>49719982
Probably expected the god to come down and tell him he was right, because nothing should ever go against the PCs' wishes.
>>
>>49719971
It was obviously unfair in the player's opinion becuse she complained to the GM afterwards. Saying that she should be okay with what happened because the character doesn't know is bizarre, and I'm genuinely puzzled why you even made that claim in the first place seeing how nonsensical it is.
>>
>>49718864
>While you're at it lets just make sure he never makes the character die against the player's will.

False analogy, massive argument fail. Core mechanic of pretty much every fantasy game is combat which involves dying. Core of mechanic of very few games is get raped.
>>
>>49720014
>It's obviously unfair because they complained.

Holy shit you're too retarded to deal with.
>>
>>49720027
Like 90% of the posters on her side. See >>49720022 for example.
>>
>>49719980
The GM is, unless he and the players agreed beforehand that situations where sexual violence occurs are a-okay.
>>
>>49719982

The setting was actually one where the Gods had been absent from the world for millennia and almost nobody believed in them anymore. The story we were playing was their return to the world. All of the other party members were believers who had held on through the centuries or recently anointed champions following prophecy. My character was the only agnostic, and she was agnostic rather than full blown atheist like most people only because she was a divine spellcaster and had a belief in a mystical order to the universe, just not personified gods. I had eventually planned to have her start to come into a kind of faith, provided the GM could present events that would convince her something more than a dragon with some powerful artifacts was at work.

I didn't think all of this was necessary because the reasons why the GM killed me were the not the point of my sharing. It was the empathy I feel toward a player who feels a GM has acted callously, undermined their character and their experience in the game, and after the fact is apparently unphased by the fact that they fucked it up for somebody beyond some confusion about what their problem is.
>>
>>49718987
>I get your point but I faded to black, didnt get into any description, it wasn't violent,

Sexual assault = not violent?
You are fucking insane.

>and they encountered magically charming sex demons.

Because you made them.
>>
>>49720056
It wasn't assault though. No violence.
>>
>>49719010
>The fact that you were playing with 3 people and only ONE has deemed it necessary to shit on your parade while the other two are sleeping like babies and couldn't give less of a shit if they tried, aught to tell you something.

Yeah, because OP knows for a fact that the other players are okay with it because he's spent like the whole thread saying that. Oh wait, he fucking hasn't and you're full of crap.
>>
>>49720046
But if I don't ask if my Elven sorceress got raped, the DM wouldn't have said anything and I could assume that it didn't happen.

When I ask the question "Did my character get raped" in that context to an unsuspecting DM, I put him in an unfortunate situation where he has to decide whether to sacrifice plausibility (given what we know about Orcs, rape is very likely in this scenario) or to have the character raped. The OP in this case chose rape instead of sacrificing his image of succubi/incubi. Because the question came from the players and because the OP doesn't have much experience DMing, he couldn't think of another way out and made what probably turned out to be the wrong choice, depending on his players.

What would you have done if you were the DM in my scenario and I asked you: "Hey, did my character get raped by the Orcs while she was unconscious?"
>>
>>49718583
That sounds more like you're speaking volumes about society rather than "fantasy general".

The taboos of ours are rooted in far more than "Lol it's a fantasy game, KILL D'EM ORCS!"

Although that said, knowing the people you're playing with is the only way to truly know what is too far, and some subjects are obviously more touchy. As noted, western cultures are normally far more ok with violence over sexual things.
>>
>>49720087
>UNSUSPECTING

HAHA fucking idiot.
>>
>>49720066
Go get date-raped. No violence.
>>
>>49720111
Anon, not liking something doesn't make it violent. Get real.
>>
>>49720111
inb4 "I'm a man and I'd love if a girl "raped" me", nah, she just likes to see dudes fucking so you get drugged and buttfucked by her gay friend.
>>
>>49720087

Probably the one that wouldn't make the player feel upset. A lot of people have talked about how this player should just deal with it, but I'm guessing that less than 1 player in a hundred million is likely to more upset by "the undermining of the credibility of the image of specific monsters within the setting."

Even if the odd were only 1 in 1000 that the player would be upset by their character getting raped, the odds they would be upset by the alternative of "LOST SETTING CREDIBILITY," are astronomical so why the fuck would you take that chance when the first job in any RPG is for everyone to have a good time?
>>
>>49720122
>>49720056

If they're willing due to mind control how is it violent?
>>
File: Shotgun-to-the-Face[2].jpg (16KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun-to-the-Face[2].jpg
16KB, 320x214px
>he's still posting
>he's still thrashing about, confused as to why this thread and his players are shitting on him
OP do yourself a favor and confine yourself to your basement for the rest of your life. It's clear that human interaction is out of your grasp
>>
File: 1419943802430.jpg (31KB, 366x488px) Image search: [Google]
1419943802430.jpg
31KB, 366x488px
OP's player didn't seem to overreact or anything, just communicated that they really didn't like something that happened to the DM because it hadn't been established as off-limits before. Because communication is hard and no one thought to do it until it was too late. Unless you're playing Way of the Wicked or some shit you should probably just sit down with the players and agree on what's cool and not cool ahead of time.

If everyone's cool with getting banished to the daedric realm of dick tentacles for a few days because they failed an encounter, let that shit rip bruh
>>
>>49720087
>No, the Orcs were too busy fumbling through your spell component pouch and laughing at Grovnak, who got a face full of exploded bat guana for his troubles when he first opened the bag. Now that you're awake, they've begun taunting you about your figure and other unpleasantness.
>>
>>49720132

Because violence is not limited to physical harm and harm caused retroactively after an event is still violent. Are you like, a Skynet trying to expand its understanding of Human Feelings through internet chat or something?
>>
>>49720154
>let's redefine everything to suit my gender-political ends!
Always the same with you people.
>>
>>49720126
>odds they would be upset by the alternative of "LOST SETTING CREDIBILITY," are astronomical
I disagree with you here. Even the smallest misstep can cost someone their suspension of disbelief, particularly in tabletop gaming where there are a lot of people who are really anal about details. I think the odds are nearly even on this point.

In the end, if you know your group you can answer with confidence.

If you don't know your group, well, asking if your character got raped is a bit of a dick move.
>>
>>49720027
Furthermore, I'd posit that made to have sex against your will is pretty big deal in life, so it has a big impact on game too. You can't just drop a bomb like that on a character and expect the player to walk it off.
>>
>>49720154
I think you're overusing the word violence. Violence does not mean "it caused harm," you can cause harm without violence.
>>
>>49719181
>>49719209
>>49719198

Person by person is right. When your wife or husband has been raped, or even it's just your best friend, we'll see how comfortable you feel with the subject. That's assuming the person even feels comfortable enough to tell you it's happened.

Even better, >>49719181 and >>49719209 let's see how asspained you get over rape if ever you are sodomized against your will.
>>
>>49720176
It wasn't rape though. It was just her losing control of herself to pleasure. That's the polar opposite of rape.
>>
>>49720197
>rape is the worst thing ever!
>I wish rape upon you!
It's like reading tumblr or reddit.
>>
>>49720176
Look, okay: would you say that a movie without a single rape scene is unrealistic? Or that LotR is bad because there is no orc rape despite some of the protagonists being captured?

It all comes down what is appropriate for the tone of the setting and tone of the play. Bad guys keeping it in their pants is entirely plausible in heroic fantasy, for example.
>>
Rape by monsters has been in sci-fi/fantasy for decades. When did we all get so sensitive?
>>
>>49719762
you fucking idiot that post was sarcastic
>>
>>49720197
Sensitivity to rape is pretty cultural. Rape is a big deal (as in, bigger than murder) in cultures where sex is taboo. In a culture where sex is not that big of a deal, rape would be seen equivalent to assault if it was violent, and maybe not even considered at all if it wasn't violent.
>>
>>49719861
>god doesn't smite ogre mage for fucking with his portal
>smites some other fag who got snippy
Really makes me think.
>>
>>49720224
>bigger than murder

There are people who unironically think like that?
>>
File: 1422915269942.jpg (633KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1422915269942.jpg
633KB, 2560x1600px
>you're a terrible person for disagreeing with me
>yeah well you're GAY for disagreeing with ME

stop guys, I can't fap to this
>>
>>49720206
>would you say that a movie without a single rape scene is unrealistic?
The big difference is that in a movie, you're just watching what the director puts out, and you don't get to ask questions.

Taking your LOTR example, it'd be like if I went up to Tolkien or Peter Jackson and asked "Hey, did those Orcs shove something up Gollum's ass when they were torturing him."

It's one thing if the DM introduces rape on his own, but it's entirely another thing if the player actively asks about rape. If the player didn't ask, there would be no rape, the rape is a direct result of the player asking.
>>
>>49720211
Go back to sleep Gygax, you're at -10 HP.
>>
>>49719216
>If I told you 2 guys raped you last night whilst you were asleep after having drugged your drink would you believe me? Would it change who you are?

Not the anon you were replying to.

If you told, me, maybe not. You're no one to me.

If doctors and nurses and policemen and cousellors told me, probably yes. You know, people in positions of authority. Like the GM is in a position of authority in the game world, only more so since the GM is like an omnipotent god who knows all and sees all in the game world.

Very there's likely to be physical evidence, particularly around the ano-genital region including painful trauma.

And OP stated clearly that there was a "haze of base pleasures".

So your argument "the characters" aren't aware" is worthless and wrong.
>>
>>49720224
>Rape is a big deal (as in, bigger than murder) in cultures where sex is taboo.
And who is it that pushes sex as taboo? Who bans prostitution and porn and cries objectification at the whiff of a naked female body? Unless, of course, it's their own flabby forms striding through the streets as though men where to blame for "slut shaming"?

Why, it's the very people who make themselves the victims of taboo sex.

Note of course that rape of men isn't a big deal, because you don't monopolize sex by making male sex taboo.
>>
>>49720211

Rape happening to characters in a show, book or movie is not the same thing as rape happening to a character that is the creation of and avatar of a third party.

Also rape is not in all sci-fi/fantasy, and showhorning it into a member of those families where it is not appropriate or welcome is bad writing and foolish.

Also the general movement of society as a whole has been more and more toward recognizing that rape is bad, so if you want your audience to accept its presence you'd best be making a point with it or backlash is as inevitable as it is reasonable.
>>
>>49720251
No, the rape is the direct result of GM answering "yes, there is some rape now." Whether the GM should ask yes or no to the player's question depends, again, on the tone of the game and if the players are okay with it or not. Even if the idea came from the player, the onus is on the GM to handle it appropriately.
>>
>>49720153
That's plausible if the character was knocked out for a short time and you characterized the Orcs as bumbling idiots instead of savage barbarians. What if it was a longer time, a night, for example? You can only make so many excuses before you start stretching it.
>>
About the same time you became so autistic.
>>
>>49720263
Sex being taboo subject is a conservative stance. Liberals by and large are sex positive.
>>
>>49720239
>Unironically believing that there isn't a fate worse than death.
>>
>>49720276
Okay, what is the minimum amount of time before orc rape happens that breaks your suspension of disbelief? You've never ever encountered the trope in fiction where the bad guys threaten their captives by what happens to them later if you now what I mean haw haw haw, only them to be conveniently rescued or escaping before the rape scene happens?
>>
>>49720276

Maybe they weren't feeling rapey that night and you don't need to fucking comment on it? Even the rapiest characters I can think of in non-porn fantasy don't rape at every fucking opportunity. If it serves no purpose what the hell is the point of including it?
>>
File: 8103611082_51f543189b_b[1].jpg (120KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
8103611082_51f543189b_b[1].jpg
120KB, 900x900px
>>49720293
>Liberals by and large are sex positive.
>>
>>49719594
> He was asked directly about it and chose to say yes. That doesn't indicate any sort of forward planning about this shit.

RTFP moron

>She was charmed by a succubus/incubus combo
>Did i take my control of her character too far?
>I told it as "you lost a day or two in a haze of base pleasures, half blacked out"

GM there says how he described the forced sex. If any player asked it was just for confirmation that they hadn't misunderstood an event already described. FORWARD PLANNING.
>>
>>49720272
What if the rape does match the tone of the game, and the players appear to be okay with it? What if the DM feels safe answering "yes"? He obviously misjudged the players, but it's not solely the DMs fault. Should the DM, when faced with this question, stop and ask the player "Are you okay with rape?" because at that point, it's the same as answering yes, even if the player answers "No, I'm not okay with it" and the DM says "Then no, no rape", the player isn't going to believe him.

At this point, he should just learn his lesson and move on, really. I don't think the OP was a shithead for answering "yes," he just misjudged his players a bit, happens to everyone.
>>
>>49719671
We're discussing fantasy game, not interested in your real life here.
>>
>>49720293
LOL
>>
The real problem in this situation is that OP is an idiot who didn't realise that Charm just makes you regard the caster as a trusted and dear friend, not absolute lord and master, so you can't do whatever you please to your Charmed minion.
>>
>>49720321
Makes you think, doesn't it?
>>
>>49720293
They may claim to be sex positive, but modern liberals and feminists see sex as a really, really big deal, as the most important thing you can do with another person. They make any kind of contact between people a big deal.

If they were truly sex positive, they would be talking about making sex more common and accepted.
>>
>>49720319
>Maybe they weren't feeling rapey that night and you don't need to fucking comment on it?
That's my point, if the DM doesn't mention any rape and the character asks about it, who is the one introducing rape to the game?
>>
>>49720321

The fact that some feminists are horrible idiots does not mean that feminism is evil. Particularly when they barely understand their own field like that airhead.
>>
>>49720324
>if the player answers "No, I'm not okay with it" and the DM says "Then no, no rape", the player isn't going to believe him.

I mean, the DM is speaking from a position of authority here. There's no real way to doubt something the DM presents to you as fact out of character.
>>
>>49720324
As I said earlier, it is something that the GM and the players should agree on beforehand. Knowing how strongly people react to rape the OP should have played it safely and say no in the first place. I'm sure he isn't a bad person, but in this case he dropped the ball lesson learned.
>>
>>49720352
Well yeah, in the game world, the DMs world is fact. But in the real world, the player is left with the feeling "He only said no because I said no" and while that's not as bad as saying "yes, they were raped" it can still put a damper on the game.
>>
>>49720346

The GM because the GM is the fucking god of the universse, NOT THE PLAYER!

I know this is a radical thought here, but maybe if a player asks if there was rape, its because they would be unhappy if that were the case because rape is a bad thing, and the GM should give a shit about that and only answer yes if they have a REALLY FUCKING GOOD REASON.

Note: Arbitrary personal feelings about setting consistency are not a really fucking good reason.
>>
>>49720346
As I said earlier, the GM is.
>>
>>49720369
>>49720380
You have to differentiate between the universe and the gaming table. The GM is responsible for the in-universe rape, but the player is absolutely responsible for introducing the idea of rape to the gaming table.
>>
>>49720364

But why the hell would a player just ask if rape happened unless the GM signaled it in some way? Even if I was playing a plate-thong pantiless choclate anime elf I wouldn't assume I was raped while unconscious unless the GM said or did something to make me think it was a possibility. The GM control every element of the universe that I or the other players don't, if he doesn't send those signals I would have no reason to suspect it!

Trying to turn it around and say "well, really, its on the player to not ask," is nonsense.
>>
>>49720392
There is no need to make that distinction. A player may put an idea on the table, but the responsibility is on the GM's shoulders whether he implements it or not.
>>
>>49720066
I said "sexual assault", not battery.

"Sexual assault is a sexual act in which a person is coerced or physically forced to engage against their will, or a non-consensual sexual touching of a person."

People under the influence of psychoactive drugs are de jure unable to give consent. How much less so a fantasy characte under mind control.
>>
File: 1424711978363.png (118KB, 292x294px) Image search: [Google]
1424711978363.png
118KB, 292x294px
>>49720364
If I were running the game that week and someone got themselves captured triggering a fade to black, then asked me if they got raped, I'd probably do exactly what was described. But I know my group well enough that I could get away with it, and they could get away with the same thing when they're the DM.

Maybe it's we who are the autists, then
>>
>>49720423
>Maybe it's we who are the autists, then.
Maybe. My players have a really hard time of separating what their character knows and what they know, and if I ask them any questions about their characters or the game or whatever they immediately assume that it's important, so I have to keep out of character talk about the game world to a minimum and make judgments based on their reaction. Still, if faced with the rape question, I'm fairly confident that I know my players well enough to know who is okay with their character getting raped and who isn't, and act accordingly.
>>
>>49720350
>Particularly when they barely understand their own field like that airhead.
She's incredibly heteronormative, and her pigeonholing of women into certain roles doesn't help. But good luck mentioning criticism of Anita without people attacking you for misogyny
>>
>>49720399
>But why the hell would a player just ask if rape happened unless the GM signaled it in some way?
Because that's how players are sometimes. Maybe because that's the tone the game had until now. Maybe because the player just thought about it for some unrelated reason.

>>49720403
>the responsibility is on the GM's shoulders whether he implements it or not.
While the responsibility is on the GM, not 100% of the blame is. Leading questions are a thing. It's not as black and white as you're trying to make it out to be.
>>
>>49720471

The fact that 90% of internet pundits are dumb and don't actually understand the issues they're taking sides on is hardly limited to Anita, or video games, or media, or art, or however high up the tree you want to go. Its the same for literally every social issue. Its patently unwise to dismiss an entire school of thought because one of its public figures is a fool and they have mindless drones who like to label themselves as adherents to that school of thought who are happy to sling mud at you for pointing it out.

Then again, most people who ARE willing to throw out an entire school of thought are just looking for an excuse, and don't care how flimsy it is.
>>
File: 1463069970197.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463069970197.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
>>49720451
I just feel like if the DM asked if I were ok with the character getting raped, and I said no therefore it didn't happen, I'd just file that under "collaborative storytelling" and move on. Maybe because I've played in too many campaigns and it ruins my opinion.

I can kinda see how someone else would see it differently.
>>
>>49720483
I disagree, it is a very black and white issue. The GM has total control over what happens in the game world, so they burden total responsibility too.
>>
>>49720483

If you have a player who will ask about rape totally unprompted, you either knew and consented to dealing with that type of personality from the start and should be ready to deal with them in a situation like this, or you had no idea and should still try to deal with them with empathy for as long as is reasonable, and if reasonable gets left behind because they're a That Guy then at least try to get them out of the game with some grace and humanity.

If your game had a tone from the start that made it clear that rape was a possibility, that's an entirely different thing. That being said, if you come to the "moment of truth," so to speak and a player is clearly not going to be fine if you go through with it, there is nothing wrong with aborting in a reasonable way, be it an unexpected rescue or just having the Orcs not feel rapey that particular not because they ate some bad ham or something. Like it or not, rape is a singular thing in our cultural mind's eye, and treating it that way for the sake of the state of mind of your players is not some grand betrayal of art.
>>
>>49720545
>The GM has total control over what happens in the game world
That's not entirely true. The players have at least partial control of what happens in the world, even if the GM gets final say, whether through asking the GM nicely, establishing rules before the game, or just through passive influence on the GM.

The GM is not some robot, he is human too.

Additionally, tabletop games are a collaborative experience.
>>
>>49720581

The fact that they are a collaborative experience is why having a player's character be raped should be such an obvious almost-never-go. The same reason most GM's won't have an assassin silently creep into the player's room and cut their throats. When the GM does something harmful to a character in a unilateral fashion, its going to upset people, regardless of what that something is.

For the OP, having the succubus/incubus charm the characters was collaborative, the GM attacked and the players defended. Once the charm was on, the rape was a unilateral action that the GM took. Even if you want to say it only happened because the player asked about it, in the end the GM had 100% control of making that question a reality or dismissing it.

You can argue that it fundamental to the fiction of the charm spell that once it takes hold harm MUST be done to the player in a unilateral fashion, but the nature and degree of that harm is in the GM's hands, and its his duty to know where the line is so he won't cross it or make sure he is never in a situation where he has to grope for the line blindly.

At the end of the day, no matter how you look at it it falls on the GM. Nobody expects the GM to get it right every time, but he is certainly expected to fix it if he fucks up. Even if its as simple as saying "Look, I'm sorry, I should have realized that the Bad Guy raping your characters was a stupid thing to do. It made sense to me in the moment, but on retrospect it was clearly a stupid call. I'm undoing that. My bad."
>>
>>49720639
Well put
>>
>>49720639
>Look, I'm sorry, I should have realized that the Bad Guy raping your characters was a stupid thing to do. It made sense to me in the moment, but on retrospect it was clearly a stupid call. I'm undoing that. My bad
I agree that he should apologize, but I don't think he should retcon it. Retconning stuff is a path that one should never head down without very good reason. Personally for me, retconning stuff is the very, very last resort where the alternative is having the entire game ruined.

From the tone of the game the OP painted in this thread, he didn't cross the line by that much.

Apologize, move on, don't do it again.
>>
>>49720815

I think its at least something that the GM should put on the table no matter how strongly you feel about retconning. "Say the word and it never happened." Put the power back in the player's hands, return to the collaborative. Hell, an apology and giving them the decision rather than making it yourself in further unilateral action might encourage them to accept and make them desire to further explore the event. And if they opt for the retcon, no matter how distasteful you find it, its obviously for the best of the group's morale because if they were capable of living with it odd are they would have, especially if they know you and know you hate retcons.

This applies to other things that are obvious GM fuckups that lead to damaged player morale, like a railroaded paladin fall or some other for forced drama that fell flat and was done at a player's expense rather than the GM's expense
>>
>>49720350
>The fact that some feminists are horrible idiots does not mean that feminism is evil.
That's technically true but incorrectly implies it isn't.
>>
>>49720408
Look up assault. Coercion ain't it.
>>
>>49719310
I know Im late but
>FFVII is magical realm
>>
Hey OP, dont know if youre still here, dont blame you if you aren't. If you are, I want you to know that I think what you did was okay, but your player didnt. I'd just say something along the lines of
>Its come to my attention that I took things a little too far last session, and Im sorry about that. If anything makes you feel uncomfortable or there are any things you dont want to see in the campaign just tell me, I'm willing to work with you to make a game that everyone enjoys, while still maintaining mature themes.
I feel like its a bit of overreacting with the whole "literally cant sleep," but thats just me. Nothing you can do to change how this person feels. Next time just check in advance about rape, since its a really sensitive topic that a lot of people get triggered over.
>>
>>49719060
>Didn't impact the player character in any way
This conclusion, how did you reach it?
I've never seen someone bend backwards this much. I guess I can believe you got it out of your ass
>>
>>49719511
Hear hear
I'll add a second dick to his plate
>>
>>49719683
As someone established higher up in the thread the DM fucked up the mechanics anyways.
>>
>>49720087
The DM said "of passion" in his description. They asked the question, maybe even with dread, to make sure.

Because maybe, just maybe, he wasn't a fucking moron, and then they could rest easy knowing they weren't playing games with someone with no empathy or concept of etiquette.

You ask if the orcs raped you because you yourself know that that's part of the lore. You ask because you don't want to be surprised when you're giving birth to half-orcs down the line
>>
>>49720087
I would've come up with a way to avoid giving an unacceptable answer. If that means going against lore, well that's okay by me

Now orcs have tribal leaders, who get first pick of all captures in a ceremony that takes time to prepare. The character has not yet been raped, and your agency matters because circumstances are on your side and you can escape. You don't have to sacrifice plausibility
>>
>>49720198
To supernatural pleasure that the character's drives had nothing to do with.

If the DM had done his share of roleplaying and seduced the characters for real, isntead of making them roll saves, the player wouldn't have a problem with it
>>
>>49718468
tl;dr girl gets high off succubus charm, sucks off a demon and bitches about it ooc to the gm later, prompting /tg/ to call him a rapist
>>
>>49718723
>If you perfectly introduced the Incubus, the player would desire an intimate relationship with them, no saving throws required.
This, but let's all just assume that OP is bored on a Monday and faked a screencap to stir up a thread full of trolls and Internet Casanovas.
>>
>>49720324
Have you never played a TRPG where the GM asks you "What do you see?" in response to the question?

"Well, did you?" is an acceptable response in some groups. Not every game has the GM as the ultimate arbiter of everything that happens, and some of them are better for it.
>>
>>49721212
I mean, that whole sequence is definitely magical realm

Don't delude yourself, anon
>>
>>49718723
>>49721906
>ywn be seduced by a GM through his NPCs
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.