[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space knights, /tg/. Not (just) soldiers in power armor: but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Space knights, /tg/.

Not (just) soldiers in power armor: but nobles that don a power armor and walk like gods in the battlefield between lesser tech common soldiers.. even though those family heirlooms are an half-forgotten tech.

Does any setting do that?
>>
...Battletech, back in the early 80s.
Nobles strap on their heirloom giant robots, which are only maintained and rarely new built. Puny other vehicles and people get crushed.
>>
File: Warframe-3.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Warframe-3.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>49710073
Does Warframe count?
I mean the Tenno are more space samurai-ninjas but they've got the "noble warrior caste" thing going on, and Prime warframes are based on alien technology that the Tenno can't reproduce any more.

They've definitely got the "walk like gods in the battlefield between lesser tech common soldiers" bit down.
No bloody clue how you'd run a Warframe campaign though.
>>
>>49710073
40k as well.

Also perhaps Star Wars, come to think of it? The technology and training used by the Sith and Jedi is thousands of years old and kept very secret from outsiders. Hell, with how many Jedi and Sith civilizations have risen and fallen lots of old models of lightsaber and holocron have been lost to the ages.
>>
>>49710294
>Prime warframes are based on alien technology
Weren't they just human precursors that collapsed due to the robot AI things? I haven't played warframe in a while so I've forgotten what some of the factions are called.
>>
File: IMG_2974.jpg (54KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2974.jpg
54KB, 600x620px
>>49710073
40k does this with Imperial Knights.

Except Imperial Knights are giant mechs, but the idea is the same.
>>
>>49710073
No pics but that's basically a big part of the Stormlight Archive novels.

Magic power armour and insta-death swords that can cut through anything.
>>
>>49710224

Uh, didn't know that. Thanks.

>>49710294

>>49710314

Nah, 40k is about modern-like armies. No feudal shit. I don't know Warframe but I think it's more on those lines?
>>
>>49710452
>40k
>no feudal shit

Nigger you what
>>
File: 1430980871098.jpg (498KB, 1313x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1430980871098.jpg
498KB, 1313x1600px
>>
>>49710334
Orokin were stupidly powerful humans
Orokin experimented with teh Void to create the Tenno, and used the Tenno to fight their battles against the Sentient, which are these super machines that corrupt and absorb technology
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.