[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, newfag here, I really want to get into deck games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Hey /tg/, newfag here,
I really want to get into deck games. Is there anything particularily.
I've heard MTG is good, but are there games that don't require helluva knowledge and/or are newfag friendly?
>>
>>49709003
MTG isn't that hard to understand if you look up proper turn order and all of the keywords.
>>
>>49709026
I'm still kinda on the fence with MTG, and while I do consider it an option, I keep looking for others.
>>
>>49709043
If you want an easy deckbuilding game that isn't exactly a trading card game, ascension is real fun and it's got plenty of expansions.

downside is the base to get into the game costs more than ordering something like this ( http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/view/2898?gclid=CJqq39iUzs8CFUgmhgodC_UKHg ).

and there's decks for absolute beginners that shops are supposed to hand out for free.
>>
Pokemon is fantastic.
>>
>>49709134
ah yeah, this. it's easy to play and the fact every paper product you buy sets you up with a pack for the online game is aces.

good call anon.
>>
Right, what about SW: Destiny, my fellow Anons?
>>
File: ill bookkeeper.jpg (25KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
ill bookkeeper.jpg
25KB, 579x329px
>>49709003
>those shitty customs
>>
Honestly, Hearthstone is a very good stepping stone into card games that is also relatively cheap and easy to access despite what most people here would like to say.
>>
>>49709003
>Colorless wolf creature tokens
>Black with tap down effects
>Black with shroud
>X/X flying shroud for X
>That double shock goblin
>Green burn effects
>Green tap down effects
>White mind control
Just end me
>>
File: 1475082508676.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1475082508676.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>49709003
while I will say that getting into Magic is a little daunting considering how much information there is, it's incredibly fun to be new to magic. if you're anything like me, you'll enjoy learning about magic's many interactions and ways to play. If you want to learn though, I'd say try and learn with a friend who's new as well if possible. That's how I did it, we bought our first decks together and years later we're still playing.
In my opinion, Yugioh is a little bit lackluster, and Pokemon feels pretty simple. Force of Will is okay.
>>
File: 1457239776607.png (313KB, 388x410px) Image search: [Google]
1457239776607.png
313KB, 388x410px
>>49709003
>games that don't require helluva knowledge and/or are newfag friendly?

MTG does require a proper amount of reading to run smoothly (combat tricks and dealing with planeswalkers). If you are not willing to consult the comprehensive rulebook from time to time whenever a doubt rises up, fuck off to UNO.

Always do your homework, kid.
>>
what do you guys think of force of will? I've been wanting to try it with the simulator that recently came out, but i can't connect with anyone over the internet : (
>>
download Magic Duels it will teach you how to play. its easy
>>
Bought into it a little bit when people were saying it was gonna take off and be the new magic. my friend gave up playing mtg for a hot second to play fow. i don't dislike the game but if i'm going to pay for paper, it's going to be magic.
>>
>>49711702
oops, in response to >>49710947
>>
Just download magic origins or pirate magic 2013 and learn in 10 mins
>>
>>49710362
Don't go to the comprehensive rules directly. Check the rulings of the cards involved, and if that doesn't work, try to contact a judge. If it's not a sanctioned event, there might not be a judge in the immediate area, in which case you using this might help:
http://chat.magicjudges.org/mtgrules/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.