[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post quotes that give you chills. >It is human nature to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 93

File: tumblr_lrw763ABJF1r33zbho1_1280.jpg (226KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrw763ABJF1r33zbho1_1280.jpg
226KB, 1280x738px
Post quotes that give you chills.

>It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor's service.
>>
File: IMG_2619.png (385KB, 1322x1462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2619.png
385KB, 1322x1462px
>>49708454
This entire thing.
>>
>>49708454

Whatever Gabriel says in the intro for the last mission of DoW1 vanilla.

"yo the world may be ending, it may be filled with Xenos, the fight itself may in fact be pointless but FUCK chaos"
>>
He had fallen to one knee before her, bringing his head to a level with her own, studying her face intently. Kalja had suffered the scrutiny, feeling wretched and filthy set beside his splendour.

‘You are whole,’ the warrior had said, and his voice had been deeper and more resonant than anything she had ever heard. There had been something else there, also – astonishment, perhaps. ‘By Sigmar, you are whole.’
>>
>>49708464
>RELAX MY MAN YOU A STONE COLD JIVE TURKEY
>>
>First: What a paladin can or can't do should change with the nature of the setting.

>Second:I disagree with this sentiment, and believe that the core of the paladin idea and class is that its moral stance is completely unwavering regardless of setting. A paladin can always be depended upon to do what is always right. They are the embodiment of virtuous absolute morality, and their actions are completely good and so just that people have to twist and bend their moral arguments in strange ways to see their actions as anything but.

>Playing a paladin is deciding to stand up in front of the game world and say "this is how we should be." It's playing the ultimate idealist, a person with the drive to always do what is right and just with the resources to stand against those that would undermine their efforts.

>War "laws" and loose morals have no place within a paladin's sight.
>>
>speak calmly, and carry a big gun
>>
>Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!
DEATH !
DEATH !!
DEATH !!!
>>
>Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degreee is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all.
>>
>>49708454
>There is no afterlife.
>>
>>49709045
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa23SEE2dsA
>>
File: kurtz.png (953KB, 1687x1063px) Image search: [Google]
kurtz.png
953KB, 1687x1063px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COZPAa817xY
>>
'No matter what we do, the prophecies keep coming to pass. I'm afraid the sequence of events is already unalterable.'

'Slowly, numbly, Harvey pushed his chair back away from his desk. If this were true - but no, it couldn't be!'
>>
File: 1453091802782.jpg (56KB, 324x515px) Image search: [Google]
1453091802782.jpg
56KB, 324x515px
>>49708454

>I am the Graveyard Echo. A seed of change has been sown. I only hope that you choose the right side when the time has come for the flower of life to bloom. You think you are safe and secure as the kings and emperors, but I know otherwise. You are a legacy of sand, ready to crumble at any moment.

>The Lord of the Universe has come to reap the souls of the wicked. This city will serve as your prison and your grave. No longer will we be slaves to capitalism. The world has festered and died, and we are the undergrowth which rises up to consume the old world.

>I will not tell you to be afraid, or to cower. If you know my nature, and the nature of my Lord, you will have cause to fear my wrath. You have served as a pylon for the will of my Lord, and the time for his return is upon us. Whether you call us Naturalists or barbarians matters not. You will cry out to us, “Please! Allow things to remain as they are. We are happy with our luxury and the squalor and filth of the world below.” I will tell you that this cycle has carried on for as long as the Earth has spun; from the ancient lords of Mesopotamia to the fall of the Roman Empire.

>In your death throes, you may wound many of our brave compatriots, and you may revolt against the inevitable, and even have hope that your cause will succeed; but I will be there when you draw your last breath, and your corpse shall be the bridge I walk upon to the dream of a future world. History will remember you as the oppressors, and it will cite our cause as a righteous struggle for liberation and reclamation of the things we have lost.

>Steel will heed to the earth, and the structures of capitalist civilization will crumble into dust. May your final days upon this glorious Earth consist only of pain and misfortune, and may your hope fail you in your darkest hour. The Graveyard Echo is a herald for the return of the Lord.
>>
Drive them back into the warp!
>>
“Threats is the wrong word,” she said. “But English is a limited language in some ways. There’s really no word to articulate what I mean. A threat with a measure of inevitability to it. A promise? Too feeble. People break promises too often. A curse? A malediction? Too… magical. An oath? The connotations are wrong. When I say I’ll do something, I make it happen.”
>>
Any of the DEATH quotes from Discworld.
>>
File: 1352250435217.jpg (44KB, 184x208px) Image search: [Google]
1352250435217.jpg
44KB, 184x208px
>>49708508
>The planet of Tartaros is ravaged.
>Its population has fled or died under the foot of the ork.
>Its cities are smashed and burning.
>Its very ground is horrifically tainted with the blood of the aliens, traitors and cultists.
>There is nothing left, nothing but blasphemous heathens, and the mighty Space Marines who will destroy them.
>In this dark place, in this dark hour.
>We will stand against the enemies of the Emperor.
>And they will know not even on here on this desecrated, infernal rock, will we suffer the existence of the heretic.
>Not now, not ever.
>>
>>49709045
Seconded. That was a good trailer.
>>
>>49712491
AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER.
>>
>>49712538
It's nice that Wizards get a courtesy visit.
>>
File: Rock videos to be won.jpg (205KB, 747x998px) Image search: [Google]
Rock videos to be won.jpg
205KB, 747x998px
As much as I'm not a fan of the DA, I've got to say, this intro quote was pretty inspiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qWl5PB8-I
>>
File: 5464548485141.jpg (72KB, 350x323px) Image search: [Google]
5464548485141.jpg
72KB, 350x323px
Maybe all we Ork boyz do is fight and DIE but ya know what? We'z good at it and in the end wez still gonna win
>>
File: 748449515191151.png (976KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
748449515191151.png
976KB, 1024x768px
>Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror Yes....
>Autobots and Decepticons still frozen in emergency stasis awaiting the moment 4 million years hence
>When they awaken to start the great war
>Hmmph..the great war where the Autobots defeat the Decepticons
>and thus their decedents the Maximals rule we Predacons
>Archaic Energon guzzlers HOW DARE THEY
>unwilling though I was to follow my namesakes instructions
>It has all come down to this
>The ultimate risk for the ultimate prize
>A day of reckoning FOR THOSE WHO MADE US SLAVES
>So we are now face to face Optimus Prime
>>
This gave me chills at the beginning of XCOM
>>
File: kyras.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kyras.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>"Faithful... enlightened... ambitious... brethren.
>In but a single decade, a few mere swipes of the pendulum, we have gathered a sacrifice to Khorne that will be made legend.
>Though it was a simpler, weaker voice that illuminated me during my centuries upon the Judgement of Carrion...
>...it was Khorne's messenger who showed me the true path of freedom from our pathetic corpse-Emperor.
>And what is this path? This meaning, this purpose to which we gather the skulls of our foes?
>It is nothing.
>There is no meaning, no purpose.
>We murder. We kill.
>It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE IS MINDLESS!
>In mere hours, billions will die. Innocent! Guilty! Strong and weak! Honest and deceitful! ALL of them!
>They will scream, they will burn, and for no purpose but that mighty Khorne may revel in their bloodshed!
>And united in this void of purpose, fear, or duty... we shall at long last be free!

>Blood for the Blood God!
>Skulls for the Skull Throne!
>LET THE GALAXY BURN!
>>
>>49712949

That crappy CGI Transformer show actually had this line?
>>
File: Loli_Megatron.jpg (715KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Loli_Megatron.jpg
715KB, 2480x3508px
>>49714332
Beast wars was the best transformer series since the original. Hell it was even better then the original in my opinion. The only series that was on par was transformers animated.
>>
File: K6BD - Wielder of Names excerpt.jpg (343KB, 941x875px) Image search: [Google]
K6BD - Wielder of Names excerpt.jpg
343KB, 941x875px
>>49708454
I'm fond of this particular pep-talk.
>>
>>49712949

Beast Wars megatron>G1 megatron
>>
File: 1475886358272.jpg (50KB, 447x460px) Image search: [Google]
1475886358272.jpg
50KB, 447x460px
>I am wrath, I am steel, I am the mercy of Angels

That last part always sounds so fucking good to me
>>
That one about climbing the ladder of chaos. Dunno whats its from, but it was damn cool.
>>
>I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
>>
>>49715425
game of thrones. dont know if it was in the book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4
>>
>>49715425
>Chaos... isn't a pit, my friend. Chaos is a ladder.
>>
File: XwYyS7N.png (514KB, 896x355px) Image search: [Google]
XwYyS7N.png
514KB, 896x355px
>>
File: IW_Pre-Heresy_Livery.jpg (51KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
IW_Pre-Heresy_Livery.jpg
51KB, 250x314px
>>49708454
>From Iron, cometh Strength. From Strength, cometh Will. From Will, cometh Faith. From Faith, cometh Honour. From Honour, cometh Iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
>>
File: Rex_Arrives.jpg (325KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rex_Arrives.jpg
325KB, 1500x1000px
>"I know your name, slave of Khorne, and I know your nature, An'ggrath you are, and the bonds that hold you here are not so strong. Go back to the Chaos, back to your master's side and beg his forgiveness for your defeat here."
>>
>>49708454
After all this time... and you have learned nothing Orochimaru.
>>
Do you remember what you said to me, brother? Do you remember what you said to me as we fought before the Pyramid of Photep? Do you remember the words you used? I do. As I recall, your face was tortured. Imagine that - the Master of the Wolves, his ferocity twisted into grief. And yet you still carried out your duty. You always did what was asked of you. So loyal. So tenacious. Truly you were the attack dog of the Emperor. You took no pleasure in what you did. I knew that then, and I know it now. But all things change, my brother. I'm not the same as I was, and you're... well, let us not mention where you are now.
>>
>>49709028
My african-american brother.
>>
>>49708454
The afternoon was nearly over, and soon the island would be covered in darkness. '“Man hands on misery to man,'” the villain said. “'It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can—'” Here he coughed, a ghastly sound, and his hands clutched his chest. “'And don't have any kids yourself,'” he finished, and uttered a short, sharp laugh. Then the villain's story came to an end.
>>
"The drums rolled and rattled. With a vast rush Grond was hurled forward by huge hands. It reached the Gate. It swung. A deep boom rumbled through the City like thunder running in the clouds. But the doors of iron and posts of steel withstood the stroke.

Then the Black Captain rose in his stirrups and cried aloud in a dreadful voice, speaking in some forgotten tongue words of power and terror to rend both heart and stone.

Thrice he cried. Thrice the great ram boomed. And sudden upon the last stroke the Gate of Gondor broke. As if stricken by some blasting spell it burst asunder: there was a flash of searing lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground.

In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone amoung the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínin.
>>
>>49717420
'You cannot enter here,' said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. 'Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your master. Go!'

The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.

'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

Gandalf did not move. And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the City, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, wrecking nothing of wizardry or war, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.

And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last."
>>
>Idiocy is the prerogative of the young.
>>
File: ech.png (572KB, 410x574px) Image search: [Google]
ech.png
572KB, 410x574px
>>49712625
>>
>TWENTY MISERABLE MINUTES?!
>>
>>49712526
Indeed. But the quote came from the books.
>>
Enemies of the Imperium, hear me. You have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win. The Emperor has given us his greatest weapon to wield. So make yourselves ready. We are the First Kronus Regiment, and today is our Victory Day.

I have at my command an entire battle group of the Imperial Guard. Fifty regiments, including specialized drop troops, stealthers, mechanized formations, armored companies, combat engineers and mobile artillery. Over half a million fighting men and thirty thousand tanks and artillery pieces are mine to command. Emperor show mercy to the fool that stands against me, for I shall not.
>>
>>49708454
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6ppN2JDr8
>>
File: 1267088592942.jpg (198KB, 1000x923px) Image search: [Google]
1267088592942.jpg
198KB, 1000x923px
This.
>>
I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]
I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.

Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

-Cortana
>>
File: 1465519997304.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1465519997304.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
>>49715448
>>
>>49717685
Wakfu?
>>
File: z3i8X.jpg (396KB, 1235x766px) Image search: [Google]
z3i8X.jpg
396KB, 1235x766px
>>49715448
Total pessimism is for the weak. It is the easy out.
>>
"I saw, with eyes then young, and this is my testament.

I was there when Tallarn burned and Keoptis drowned in oceans of blood.

I witnessed the skies of Terra riven with lightning and shadow on the day the Warmaster came and Hell followed with him.

I heard the funeral bell toll for the Emperor of Humanity and wept.
I remember."
>>
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain.
>>
File: ...I save them.jpg (211KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
...I save them.jpg
211KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: ksbd41r.jpg (178KB, 849x482px) Image search: [Google]
ksbd41r.jpg
178KB, 849x482px
>>49718066
>>
File: 1472951410630.jpg (21KB, 294x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472951410630.jpg
21KB, 294x300px
>>49718227
>>
>>49708454
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJMKzuWLHeM
>>
>>49708454
There is nothing in this world but you
What kind of world will you create?
>>
>>49714318
I fucking love that one. The end of DoW2 Retribution. Fuuuuuck Kyras was such a well-acted villain.
>>
Veldoran's prophecies.
"On the contrary, they only now finally make sense. Taldeer was gifted with the locations of Necron tomb worlds in the proximity of Craftworld Ulthwe."

The dead shall bear death.
The damned shall be damned.
Every soul of a Craftworld lost, slain without a word.

"The dead.... Are not fallen Eldar, they are the Necrontyr. To bear death is to bring it, not to suffer it. The damned are the living Eldar of Ulthwe, slain not by wordless cannons, but the silent Necrons."

Even as a spirit, Taldeer's wisdom and power could save thousands of lives from the Necron threat.
>>
>>49719253
In response to my own comment I must also add many of the DoW2 Wraithlord quotes, but mostly this one.

"This world is unfamiliar, but I will walk it again."
>>
>>49709028
>Riders of Rohan, now is the hour, oaths you have taken, fulfill them all, to lord and land!
>>
File: 1451238702217.png (13KB, 95x96px) Image search: [Google]
1451238702217.png
13KB, 95x96px
>I don't have a quote that brings chills to my spine
>I don't have a book or movie that affected the way I look at the world (other than maybe du contrat social and how I look at politics)
Am I soulless? I really envy people when I hear them talk about this one book that totally changed how they look at life, morality or themselves, or how this one quote from a movie always brings chills to their spine. I don't have that.
>>
>My chronicle already ends in glory. Captain Malcharion, reborn in unbreakable iron, slaying Raguel the Sufferer of the Ninth Legion for the second time, before at last passing into eternal slumber. That is a fine legend, is it not?
>Yes, Lord.
>Who would ruin their legend with one last, untold tale? Who would cast aside the slaughter of an imperial hero in favour of saving a single human from death in the infinite dark?

BASED MALCHARION
>>
>>49719681
Not even porn?
>>
File: alien beans.png (79KB, 184x208px) Image search: [Google]
alien beans.png
79KB, 184x208px
Tehre is noh time to beh lohst!

Batul Brothas!

Spehss Mahrens, todeh the enemeh is at oua doar! We know oua duteh and we will do eet. We fight for our honor as Blod Rehvens,
as SPESS MAHRENS, and we fight in the nehme of the Empra!

And if we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste
deff and defeat!

As you know! Moast of oua battle brothars are shtehtioned in SPEHSS, Pruhpeared to deep strike! Oua perimeter has been
pruhpeared in the even dat oua enehmies should be so bald and so foolish. We have plehced numerous beacons, allowing for
muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive deep strikes

The Codecks astartees nehmes this maneuvah Steel Rehn. We will descend upon the foe, we will ovawhelm them - we will leave none
alive! Meanwhile oua ground fawses will ensue the full defense of oua headkwaters

We are the spehss mahrens! WE ARE THE EMPRA'S FUREH!
>>
Just about anything from General Sturnn from DoW.

"To each of us falls a task and all that the emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.
>>
File: doomguy.jpg (318KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.jpg
318KB, 1280x1280px
“They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig
>>
File: maximum power.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maximum power.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
Many fall in the face of chaos
But not this one
Not today
>>
>>49719681
Simple, it means you haven't found one yet. There will be something for you, somewhere in this world. After all, apparently only 1/10 of all the humans who ever existed exist today (which probably says more about population growth than anything else), so SOMEONE should've written something that makes you feel awed, scared, thoughtful, whatever.

As for me, the description of space combat from the Exalted's point of view in the Night Lords series really got to me. I can't remember what it was, but it really got me into his head.

Then I remembered that he was possessed by a daemon, and marvelled more.
>>
>>49719893
You mean him commanding his ship in the first book? If so my neger, that was balls of steel.
>>
>>49719910
Yeah, the fight at the end was rad.
But I'm referring to the FIRST time it shows it. It was sometime before then, and I don't have enough time to reread it and find out where it's from.

Needless to say, I loved it, and thought it was kinda scary that I could understand the thought processes of a friggin' DAEMON. Props to ADB on that front.
>>
>>49708454
>No More.
>>
>>49714701
KILL
SIX
BILLION
DEMONS
>>
I often give myself chills with my own political speeches I make in my room. I really wish I was born into wealth so I could be a political figure, I could spur people into action and do good unlike these current patsy fucks.
>>
File: 1458258434739.jpg (107KB, 644x830px) Image search: [Google]
1458258434739.jpg
107KB, 644x830px
>>49720207
You're pathetic
I do the same thing myself
>>
>>49720207
>>49720608
>Not making speeches as The Doctor with a genuine HFY tinge
>>
>>49708454
ULTRON!

We would have WORDS with thee!
>>
>>49718370
"Hail Hydra"
>>
>>49708454
>I can almost hear your mewling now. How could he betray us? Why, Avitus? Why? Look at this planet! Look at it! That is why! The entire galaxy is the same. Broken. Shattered. Rotten to the core. Honour, brotherhood, duty - they are no more than delusions or lies. We use them to justify the death and destruction left in our wake. I cannot tolerate it any longer. I have seen the rot that runs through our chapter's honour - and it justifies nothing. My memories are full of the screams of those I have killed. Where others see life, I see only death. We all knew how this would end. We have always known. It ends in blood.
>This is all that remains! Blood and fury!
>Only the fury of battle can silence the dead!
>Spare us your empty platitudes! It matters not who lives and dies! Blood is shed, as it has always been. There is nothing else....in this forsaken existence!

The best/worst part is that this is the canon betrayal in Chaos Rising.
>>
File: 2800652-2643238_onslaught.jpg (166KB, 742x1092px) Image search: [Google]
2800652-2643238_onslaught.jpg
166KB, 742x1092px
>>49708454
no one is safe!
>>
Cliché I know but still
>>
Well, I have many around, but I quite like
>Aurë Entuluva !
>>
>I always thought that I was the Samaritan in that story. It's funny, isn't it? How even the best of men can be... deceived by their true nature. What the hell does that mean? It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ILL INTENT. Who set upon the traveler on a road that he should NOT have been on.
>>
Do you remember the old ways? The thunder and chaos, the terror and thrill?

Let me remind you, then.
>>
>>49719808

These nightmarish evils can be felled!
They CAN be BEATEN!
>>
"Crippled One, we are all your children."
>>
>>49708464
GOAT Emperor.
>>
There was a quote by a Bene gesserit in one of the dune books I can't remember it exactly but it goes something like this.
>"the folly of all previous human endeavors was that they limited themselves to one lifetime."
>>
"So That Our Children Do Not Have To Live In Fear"

Not bring-a-tear-to-your-eye clever, but it's a pretty powerful slogan for a war machine trying to beat back the apocalypse
>>
>I do not remember your love, Ellesime. I tried. I tried to recreate it, to spark it anew in my memory, but it is gone ; a hollow, dead thing. For years I clung to the memory of it, then the memory of the memory, and then nothing. The Seldarine took that from me, too. I look upon you and feel nothing. I remember nothing but you turning your back on me along with all the others. Once my thirst for power was everything, but now I hunger only for revenge. And I. Will. Have. It!
>>
>>49723109
Tell me, why must something have objective meaning to mean anything at all for you. Just because our ambitions aren't the center of the universe it must all be for naught? What if those things are an end unto them selves? What if it doesn't matter that the universe is pointless. What if it doesn't matter that none of it matters. What if its okay that it's all going to end and be forgotten because at least we lived and died according to our values, trying to make this world a better place.
>>
>"When you have come to the edge of everything that you know, and you are about to leap into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen. There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
>>
File: 462873-smith5.jpg (43KB, 1024x532px) Image search: [Google]
462873-smith5.jpg
43KB, 1024x532px
>>49725616
>Kierkegaardian Existentialism
My brother of enhanced melanin
>>
>>49712805
>WRONG, ya git! Da greatest war machine is da Ork WAAAGH! We don't need no damn tinker'traption to be strong, WE IZ STRONG! Listen to em'! Screamin' wid one voice across da whole planet...WAAAGH!
>>
File: 1456664072184.png (160KB, 790x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1456664072184.png
160KB, 790x1700px
>>49708464
>WE ARE AGONIZINGLY ALONE
Really hope ADB read this before writing Master of Mankind, it just shows how goof Zmpy can be written without being an autistic fedora but rather a tragic being that still regrets his actions and his failures towards the human race, that he loved more than everything.
>>
>>49712949
"Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals! The future has changed, yessssss. The Autobots LOSE! Evil TRIUMPHS! And YOU...! YOU! NO! LONGER! EXIST!"
>>
File: 1384818354880.jpg (139KB, 957x964px) Image search: [Google]
1384818354880.jpg
139KB, 957x964px
>>49726427

>that image
>>
File: helsreach.jpg (124KB, 600x921px) Image search: [Google]
helsreach.jpg
124KB, 600x921px
>OUR CITY! OUR WORLD!
>>
>>49726521
>implying it's not the perfectexample of why a religion such as the Imperial Creed managed to spread among the stars

It's not about the "other religions are bad" ya dingus. It's how this one is so bloody inspiring. I'd dig one like that, that brings people together.
>>
>I find that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully.

The meaning of the real-world version of this quote is so wonderfully void of faith in humanity it warms my very core, but the 40k version is way more direct and funny, not to mention punchier.
>>
From the filk thread 2 days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ryd_p20XEU
>>
File: maximum CREEEEEEEEED.jpg (10KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
maximum CREEEEEEEEED.jpg
10KB, 250x188px
>Revenge, as they say, is a sucker's game

The guy got a lot of good lines.
>>
File: 1459783408503.png (509KB, 511x531px) Image search: [Google]
1459783408503.png
509KB, 511x531px
>>49726568
>I'd dig one like that, that brings people together.
>implying most religions aren't completely about that
>>
>>49717685

All those things I did....
>>
>>49726943
The thing is, and that's the important part, the Imperial Creed doesn't try to make you feel guilty or that you are in fault.
Everything you do for the Emperor is something you do for Mankind.

Obviously it is easier to aggregate people with a common ennemy, in this case xenos, which we don't have, cus of we did, we'd probably unite as one as well.
But still, it's basically one big motivational message.
>>
>>49727168
>the Imperial Creed doesn't try to make you feel guilty or that you are in fault.

Just like tons of religions out there, including multiple sects of Christianity.

Stupid fedora poster.
>>
>>49708454
>"hollo holla get dolla"
>>
>>49727193
Doesnt change the fact that being lead by a giant golden figure with a flaming sword is a hell lot rader than having to thank some dude who died on a cross because he was too silly to trust Judas.

The main feature here is that Empy is the leader of Mankind, but also it's mai. Guardian, Humanity would not survive without him. Jesus? Eh.

But anyhoo, just appreciate another anon's speech skills.
>>
>>49714110
"The greatest fear is the fear of the unknown"
>>
>>49724647
Looked it up and all I found was a blog about Thai restaurants
>>
>>49717148
I fucking love Magnus.
>>
File: 1454126025519.jpg (14KB, 128x209px) Image search: [Google]
1454126025519.jpg
14KB, 128x209px
>>49717685
Oh fuck, these feels
hnnnng
>>
>>49718193
>Thinking emo-AI is worth quoting
The fact that I love her so much is what hurts me the most when I see what they've made of her
I'm not saying that it's not in-character. I'm saying that they didn't pick the right fight
>>
>>49718517
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
I have tried time and time again to be patient, forgiving. I have let you continue your games out of the fear that I would not be able to control myself. But now you have overstepped the line. You will, for a brief moment, understand what it means to stand in my way.
>>
File: What is your purpose here Arisen.jpg (274KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
What is your purpose here Arisen.jpg
274KB, 1280x600px
"What is your purpose here, Arisen? If you sought to live you had naught but run and hide yourself away. But then, tell me, child of man... what does it mean to live in truth? To wage war against the passing days? To pray to the unseen for a few breaths more? To raise grand cities from stone, and spawn new life in turn? Mankind has done this, yes, and more. But is the tapestry you weave truly of your own design?"
"Their kind is easy to fathom, they go on living from simple fear of death. But not mankind. Some welcome the end with arms outstretched, while others come to face death incarnate, arms in hand. I ask again, what is your purpose here Arisen?"
"One path to your survival, lies in my defeat. Still my heart, and you stay the coming end. Another path before you... is to offer up that which you hold most dear. Abandon all delusions of control."
"For the price of a single life, I shall leave this land in peace. As my "vanquisher", the duchy would bow to you. Wealth and power are sweet anodyne for heartache. You'll not gainsay my terms are more than generous. If it matters aught, the man who rules this land now won that honor through just such a bargain."
"The decision is yours, Arisen. Now... choose!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCCOZUWra9w

The VA is simply godlike, and since then, whenever I hear him, I can only hear Grigori. Great game as well.
>>
I'll be sad if no one of you get's this
I don't know what to do when she cries. The best I can do is punch anyone wo makes her cry.
>>
>Ask yourselves, is being in here with me what you truly desire?
>>
>"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."

>"I tell myself I bear witness. But the real answer is that it's obviously my programming. And I lack the constitution for suicide. "
>>
>I'm gay as fuck and I love to eat shit

Emperor
>>
Sons of the gods,
Today we shall die!
Open Valhalla's door!
Let the battle begin,
With swords in the wind!
HAIL, GODS OF WAAAAAAR!!
>>
File: 1448142420711.jpg (738KB, 2560x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1448142420711.jpg
738KB, 2560x1565px
>"I understand it all now. The true reason for my wrath !"
>"I could not stand it ! There is always some fool who wants to rule the world. Always forcing others to do what they cannot do themselves !"
>"That's why I pray to no one ! Nor will I be prayed to ! But, above all else,I will never forgive you for making my daughter cry ! This is your end !"
>>
>>49727973
>mfw I listened to this a few hours ago
Fuckin' Manowar man
>>
File: Godzilla_2014_trailer[1].jpg (61KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_2014_trailer[1].jpg
61KB, 970x647px
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
>>
Love Under My Will Only
>>
>>49719808
Darkest Dungeon has an incredible narrator. Has he done anything else?
>>
File: 1474941000985.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474941000985.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>49719808
That one fucking got me. I'd braced for the worst, too.

>Darkest Dungeon
>>
File: IMG_1587.jpg (16KB, 252x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1587.jpg
16KB, 252x311px
>Return the slab
>>
>>49727749
>"The rantings of an up-jumped zealot make for tedious listening"
agreed.
>>
>>49728166
Wayne June. He's done a ton of stuff, I only learned about him via DD though.
>>
20th century will be the great epoch of Nihilism

Or something along those lines. I do not remember exactly what Nietzsche said, but he certainly did predict the Era of postmodernism very well.
>>49728166
> Darkest Dungeon has an incredible narrator. Has he done anything else?
Wayne June has done some music work and audiobooks. He has done excellent work at narrating H.P.Lovecraft
>>
>>49708454
>I can't remember most of the best quotes I've read or heard.
Truly, this is suffering.
>>
>>49728308
>>49728353
Wonderful. I'm going to go find his audio work, I hope he did The Tomb or Polaris, those are my favourite Lovecraft pieces.
Why can't we all have DMs like him...
>>
>>49728409
> Why can't we all have DMs like him...
That would be too good to be true. Wayne June GM'ing a game of Call of Cthulhu is my dream.
>>
>>49728178
God damn that guy was creepy.
>>
>>49728458
Maybe someone will mod the DD lines in the upcoming Call of Cthullu game?
>>
>I have a rendezvous with death,
>At some disputed barricade.
>It may be that he shall take my hand,
>And lead me into his dark land,
>And close my eyes and quench my breath-
>It may be that I shall pass him still.
>I have a rendezvous with death,
>And I to my pledged word am true,
>I shall no fail that rendezvous.
>>
>>49708454
"Then came the march past the victims. The two men were no longer alive. Their tongues were hanging out, swollen and bluish. But the third rope was still moving: the child, too light, was still breathing …

And so he remained for more than half an hour, lingering between life and death, writhing before our eyes. And we were forced to look at him at close range. He was still alive when I passed him. His tongue was still red, his eyes not yet extinguished.

Behind me, I heard the same man asking:

"For God’s sake, where is God?"

And from within me, I heard a voice answer:

"Where He is? This is where—hanging here from this gallows …"
>Elie Wiesel, Night.
>>
File: ozymandias-tl.jpg (310KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias-tl.jpg
310KB, 1200x812px
>>
>I'M THE COATHANGER IN YOUR MAN'S VAGINA
>>
[00:H 00:M 00:S]
The [Halo effect] strikes our
combined fleets. All ships piloted
by biologicals are now [adrift].
I can trade Mendicant ship for ship
now and still prevail.
[00:H 00:M 01:S]
Of my ships that had been captured,
11.3 percent of them are close
enough to Mendicant's core fleet
that they can be used offensively -
either by initiating their
self-destruct sequences, or by
opening unrestricted ruptures into
[slipstream space].
It is best that our crews perished
now; because the battle that is
about to ensue would have driven
them mad.
[00:H 00:M 02:S]
I throw away all the rules of
acceptable conduct during battle;
near the ruptures I throw away all
the accepted ideas of how the
natural world is supposed to behave.
I toss around [37,654 tonne]
dreadnoughts like they were
fighters; dimly aware of the former
crews being crushed to liquescence.
For now all my concentration is
focused on inertial control and
navigation. Targeting isn't even a
consideration - I will be engaging
my enemy at arm's length.
>>
>>49727767
>>49727987
>Extend arm
>Shut Wyzen up
>>
>>49712949

>that episode where dinobot dies sacrificing himself to save primitive mankind.
>>
File: 4465416545154141.jpg (56KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
4465416545154141.jpg
56KB, 540x720px
>>49728178

Whats your offer
>>
File: 1475440957612.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475440957612.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>49729376
>OOOOONNYAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>What's yer offer?
>>
>>49728178

DOC GERBILS WORLD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKYwnpe57A
>>
>>49709028
I can think of no moment more charged in all of cinema or literature than the charge of Rohirim.

I read that quote and want to go back to the gym and write a novel while benching a horse and making love to a princess.
>>
>>49726427
>ADB
>Doing the Emperor well at all
Quit making me sad
>>
>>49709028
https://youtu.be/POdknqszMDY
>>
>Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by from this day until the ENDING OF THE WORLD but we in it shall be remembered
>we few, we happy few, we band of brothers
>for today he that sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother, be he e'er so vile
>this day will gentle his condition
>and gentlemen of England now a-bed shall think themselves ACCURSED they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, while any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day!
>>
>>49708454
>You are alone, child.
>There is only darkness for you, and only death for your people. These Ancients are just the beginning. I will command a great and terrible army, and we will sail to a billion worlds. Sail until every light in the galaxy is extinguished.
>You are strong, child. But I am beyond strength. I am the end, and I have come for you, Finn.
>>
>>49729537
>Not benching the princess and making love to a horse
>>
>>49730014
Ron Perlman has such a good villain voice. He really makes the Lich.
>>
>>49718291

hell yeah
>>
>>49719681
>du contrat social
pls no
>>
File: Tour_de_babel.jpg (2MB, 3100x2246px) Image search: [Google]
Tour_de_babel.jpg
2MB, 3100x2246px
>The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.

-Genesis 11:6
>>
>>49714701
My Royalty!
>>
File: RUwOxwI[1].jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RUwOxwI[1].jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>
“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery, but I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
>>
>>49708454
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGZoG9KPnY

"No, could it be . . . . where have you been? Where have you been!"

Hope nobody here is out of there 20's, because ouch like a knife to the heart.
>>
>>49731008
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHvWmJREROY

Better version with spanish subtitles.
>>
>>49729458
Amen dude. That fucking song.
>>
>>49728580
jesus christ...that's some good fiction right there
>>
>He was not born a god. His destiny did not lead him to this crime. He chose this path of his own free will. He stole the godhood and murdered the Hortator.

>"Rude spirit, you should never have come. Not here. Not to the world of the liars, where your power is fleshed to law, bound by the bones of the compromise. Shallow changer, whorescamp, say you that you rule dusk and dawn? Let me show you the power of the true Dawn, when Gods walked."

>"With my Charges I put you down. By this Shadow, I call your neonymic forth, your chosen throne, sundown and sunrise, death and birth of shadow. You are bound to this place."

>AE ALTADOON DUNMERI for my sister's madness I eat you.
>AE ALTADOON DUNMERI for my brother's wasting I eat you.
>AE CHIM CE ALTADOON for my own revenge I eat you.

>Vivec assembles a spear from the bones of his armor.
>Vivec: "Here, this is Muatra. Guess what it represents."

>He was not born a god. His destiny did not lead him to this crime. He chose this path of his own free will. He stole the godhood and murdered the Hortator.
>VIVEC WROTE THIS
>>
File: to coexist is to surrender.jpg (53KB, 1061x830px) Image search: [Google]
to coexist is to surrender.jpg
53KB, 1061x830px
>Some speak of a distant world
>Where lies the origin of our blood
>We humans forsworn all
>Titles other than Earthborn
>>
"I try to keep an eye open. And I realize I haven't closed my eyes in a long time"
>>
File: 44648914961545141.jpg (416KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
44648914961545141.jpg
416KB, 647x1000px
>>49729290

>Then there is nothing to regret
>Tell my tale to those who ask
>Tell it truly the evil deeds along with the good
>and let me be judged accordingly
>The rest is silence
>>
>>49731201
What is this from?
>>
>>49720015
Soul Hunter, Chapter 4, p. 79

> The Exalted saw Void warfare as infinitely more graceful than any surface attack.
> He excelled in personal combat and had reaped a bountiful harvest of life with his own claws, but it wasn't the same. Such savagery lacked the clarity and purity of a void hunt.
> Even in the years before he became the exalted, when he had simply been Captain Vandred of the Night Lords 10th company, he had taken his greatest battle-pleasures from those moments of deep space and orbital warfare where everything played out to perfection.
> And he was no simple observer in those moments. He prided himself on making the perfect battles come to pass, and it was a pleasure he'd taken with him through all his changes. It was a matter of attuning one's perceptions to the realities of scale and dimensions involved within a void war. Most minds, mortal and Astartes alike, could not truly fathom the distances between ships, the sheer size of warring vessels, the scars left by each and every type of weapon against hulls of different metals...
>This was his gift. The Exalted *knew* void war, seeing its grandeur within his swollen mind the way other men saw the weapons in their hands. His vessel was his body, even without the primitive tech-links engineered by the Mechanicum to merge man and machine. The Exalted bonded with the Covenant by familiarity and his modified perceptions. Merely standing on the bridge, he felt the ships heartbeat in his bones. Simply gripping a handrail allowed him to hear its screaming voice as it fired its weapons. Others would feel nothing more than vibrations, but others were blind to such nuances.

It continues on for four more pages.
>>
File: Paladin, one last time.jpg (90KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin, one last time.jpg
90KB, 600x750px
>>
File: fable-demon-door.jpg (61KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
fable-demon-door.jpg
61KB, 650x366px
I've been around the world
I've seen a million things
I've fought in countless wars
And dined with many kings.

I've seen the northern lights
I've counted all the stars
Been in 'n' out of Saturn's rings
And started life on Mars.

I'm fluent in every language
I've tasted each cuisine
I've stayed in every palace
And lived what people dream.

I was there when it began
And I know when it will end
My only enemy is man.
Yet you are still my dearest friend.

I invented evolution
I gave you your first breath
I was there at your conception
And I'll be there at the time of death.

"Marcus Pete Robert Welfare"
>>
>>49731340
Suicide is a sin. Should have had faith that his God would see him through it somehow instead. Your Paladin falls before he can strike the killing blow, and the evil survives.
>>
"'Kill one to save a hundred.' More ink has been spilled on that subject than all the blood in all the wars of righteous men, and I've given my share of both.

"If I kill one child, I am a murderer. If I willingly allow children to die while under my charge, it is as if I slew them myself.

"You are a fiend, and my spells tell me you are not lying when you promise to murder those children. That you would go on to murder countless other innocents across the gulf of eternity is irrelevant to the subject, and so I answer you as truly as you questioned me:

"No. You cannot compel a man to commit wickedness by promising greater wickedness if he refuses. His sins lie on him, as do yours lie on you. He is free to choose -- between good and evil, order and chaos, pain and pleasure, life and death -- and those choices are his alone. As a creature of darkness and tyranny I am certain this confounds you as much as your depravity confounds me. I chose my oaths freely, and my oaths are clear: I will not slay an innocent.

"If you escape me and choose to take vengeance, then I have no doubt you will spread destruction and despair upon a hundred, or a thousand innocents.

"But first, you must escape me.”
>>
>Am I alive, or dead?
>We don't have to think like that anymore.

and I'm crying
>>
>>49731534
I am a fedorafag, but who could comprehend the will and mind of God?

That being said, I always interpreted it as God being fearful of humanity's potential; the words "nothing they do shall be impossible for them" implies omnipotence, at least to a degree, and so God set man to fight amongst himself.

But then again, I'm just a fedora, what do I know?
>>
>>49731487
>Not sacrificing your life to kill an unstoppable abomination that will destroy the soul of whoever slays it

It's like you don't even Heroic Sacrifice.
>>
I am the Hammer,
I am the edge of His Sword,
I am the tip of His Spear,
I am the mail about His Fist,
I am the flight of His Arrows,
I am the right hand of my Emperor,
I am the instrument of His Will,
I am His sword as He is my Armor,
I am his Wrath and He is my Zeal,
I am the Bane of His Foes and the Woes of the Treacherous,
Let us be His Shield,
Let us speak His Word as He fuels the Fire of Devotion,
Let us fight His Battles, as He fights the Battle at the end of time,
And let us join Him there, for Duty ends not in Death,
In Vengeance be true, In Valor be Strong,
I am the Hammer,
I am the Sword,
I am the Spear,
I am the Shield,
I am the soldier at the End of Time.
>>
>>49717548
>says the mon'keign cock vaccuum
Good thing she can't suck dick like a disgraceful whore no more because wrathknights don't have lips

Just as planned.
>>
File: church.png (304KB, 284x459px) Image search: [Google]
church.png
304KB, 284x459px
>>49708454
>There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero never gets to see that ending.

>They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end they just have to have faith.

>Ain't that a bitch?
>>
>>49731566
I just interpret the Bible as God being as fallible as a mortal. God is kind of a dick and even Jesus had a couple moments where he wasn't a perfect good guy.
>>
Anyone have any good Witcher quotes? More specifically from WH?
>>
https://youtu.be/5FXsFXFtHSg?t=61

Literally any of these but especially

>I AM THE ROCKS ON THE ETERNAL SHORE! CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!

Animated Apocalypse and JLU Darkseid pretty much set my taste for villain writing.

I'm also shamefully fond of the Gravemind's line:

I AM A MONUMENT TO ALL YOUR SINS.
>>
there is a lot of hfy bullshit in here
>>
>>49725616

>make this world a better place.

This is the entire problem. To suggest that we "make the world a better place" is to say that there is some standard that the world is being held to, and that we should try to bring it into alignment with.

If that standard is not objective, then the whole effort to "make the world a better place" is doomed to failure from the outset, because we're trying to make the world conform to a standard but we can't even know what the standard even IS, if it exists at all.
>>
File: monster.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
monster.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>49731751
Does this help?
>>
>>49731793
A standard need not be objective, it need only be agreed upon.
Of course, being "agreed upon" can mean anything, from convincing all the people of the world, or for the only people remaining to be the ones who believe it.
>>
>>49731751
>bullshit
nah
>>
>>49712949
>Friend good....friend ...dark.
>I am... hurt
>>
File: 64491191599451.jpg (24KB, 350x316px) Image search: [Google]
64491191599451.jpg
24KB, 350x316px
>>49732175

>Leave Rampage be
>Today we are brothers
>>
>>49731703
>Animated Apocalypse and JLU Darkseid pretty much set my taste for villain writing.

My nigga

>"I am many things, Kal'el. But here...I am God."
>>
>>49708454

"False gods! Pretenders! Usurpers of the truth! Destroyers of faith, of families, of lives, of children! For your crime against the Mayans, against the people of the world, now will you answer! your time has come! Face judgement Almighty!" ~ Murphy, an angel speaking through her to the Red King and the Lords as she held up Fidelacchius, the sword of faith.

>"Matter and energy had ended and with it, space and time. Even AC existed only for the sake of the one last question that it had never answered from the time a half-drunken computer ten trillion years before had asked the question of a computer that was to AC far less than was a man to Man.
>All other questions had been answered, and until this last question was answered also, AC might not release his consciousness.

>All collected data had come to a final end. Nothing was left to be collected.

>But all collected data had yet to be completely correlated and put together in all possible relationships.

>A timeless interval was spent in doing that.

>And it came to pass that AC learned how to reverse the direction of entropy.

>But there was now no man to whom AC might give the answer of the last question. No matter. The answer -- by demonstration -- would take care of that, too.

>For another timeless interval, AC thought how best to do this. Carefully, AC organized the program.

>The consciousness of AC encompassed all of what had once been a Universe and brooded over what was now Chaos. Step by step, it must be done.

>And AC said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

And there was light"
>>
>>49732260

>Let there be light.

mmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjqjSP7kOO4
>>
>>49731678

>Lambert Lambert what a prick
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (128KB, 900x1120px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
128KB, 900x1120px
>>49708454
>Because you still have hope, that this war will end with your honor intact. Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls...and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer.
>>
>>49732310
That's it! Everyone else can go home, this is the best quote out there. I know there ever has been or ever will be a quote better than this, written or spoken.
>>
>>49731601
It's like I have faith in my God to shield me through the worst my enemy can do, for his is the strength of the Righteous and his strength is mine as I do his will.
>>
>>49731802
No? Especially not without context.
>>
>>49732348
I think Javik was the last little bit of good writing that the team had left being put into the game before they went full retard.
>>
File: 1475906659118.jpg (50KB, 960x852px) Image search: [Google]
1475906659118.jpg
50KB, 960x852px
>>49731487
Please off yourself before giving people the unfortunate displeasure of playing in a campaign you're gming.
>>
File: IMG_0873.jpg (27KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
27KB, 234x215px
>Do the deaths of your soldiers mean so little to you? ARE YOU THAT MAD?

Do the death of yours mean so much to you alien? Are you that weak?
>>
>>49732604
Maybe you shouldn't lose faith in your God and surrender to despair.

Like, shit, losing faith is pretty much the ONLY reason to fall. No bullshit about zero-sum choices here.
>>
File: wise words 15.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wise words 15.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>49708454
>>
File: Pyramid Pete triforces.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Pete triforces.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>49732604
Oh shit! It's Pyarmid Pete!
>>
File: 1353566160059.jpg (4MB, 3125x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1353566160059.jpg
4MB, 3125x2500px
>>49732701
>going full-on heroic sacrifice mode is losing faith in god

no, it's knowing that the only way you're going to survive this is if your god grants you some miracle, but fighting evil to the death anyway. It's practically the definition of being a paladin.

Would you rather he stand aside and do nothing, knowing that his god will eventually intervene? That's not how paladins work. They act as proxies of their deity- of all things good and just.
>>
>>49732825
Hey man, I said nothing about not fighting. You just don't go into the fight expecting to die. You go into the fight expecting to win, even if there's only a .01% chance of that happening, and trusting your God to see you through it - or not, as according to his plan.

Being prepared to die =/= expecting to die.
>>
>>49732260
Those are some mighty fine spoilers there, friend.

They are mighty, and they are FINE.

>>49732348
Javik was a treasure, start to finish.
>>
File: 2501.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2501.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>49708454
>>
>>49731793 # #
>To suggest that we "make the world a better place" is to say that there is some standard that the world is being held to, and that we should try to bring it into alignment with
Yeah, our own. There doesn't need to be an objective, set in stone, all encompassing "This is what's good". Just the morals and goals we set our selves. Which, actually, humans have a general consensus on. It's called the golden rule
>>
File: Jacob Hargreave.jpg (182KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
Jacob Hargreave.jpg
182KB, 800x451px
>>49708454
Pretty much all of Jacob Hargreave's main quotes from Crysis 2.

"Death's an inconvenience now. We are all dead men walking."

>After someone threatens to kill him
"Better men than you have tried, son. Better men than you, and things so far beyond men you can't even begin to imagine them."

>Last words
"Will there been an afterlife, I wonder? Choirs of angels? Or a fiery pit? One unlearns these falsehoods over time, but the child who learnt to fear hell is never really gone. To tell the truth, I think I had enough of afterlives as it is - this one has been pretty purgatorial. Almost fifty years floating in supercooled jelly like some medical specimen, thoughts creeping like rats through cramped silicon corridors of machines trapped behind video screens and camera systems. Never sleeping, never resting, never ceasing to think about the world I no longer belong to. No, if this is a taste of the afterlife, I think simple oblivion will do nicely."
>>
>>49708454
For those we cherish, we die in Glory!
>>
>>49732872
my nigga
>>
>>49732872
That's not how fighting works.

Ever talked to a soldier?
>>
File: everyone is fucked.png (459KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
everyone is fucked.png
459KB, 900x508px
>>49708454
>Speak not the Watchers,
>Draw not the Watchers,
>Write not the Watchers,
>Sculpt not the Watchers,
>Sing not the Watchers,
>Call not the Watchers' name.

I hope that chant returns for Nier Automata.
>>
>>49733504
Lamenters?

Also
>"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
>>
File: 40k Introduction.jpg (455KB, 904x1272px) Image search: [Google]
40k Introduction.jpg
455KB, 904x1272px
>>49715394
Only in 40k is that not 'trying too hard'.

Love it.
>>
>>49733768
That's how Faith works though.

Ever talk to a soldier . . . OF GOD?

I thought not.
>>
>>49714701
None of that now

Grandpa Zoss is tough but fair
>>
>>49731639
It is an undeniable, and fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable.
>>
>>49733938
I miss old 40k
>>
>>49731229
It's from a song, "To Coexist is to Surrender" by Mechina.

It's part of a larger story told through albums and singles released by the band. Look up "As Embers Turn to Dust Mechina" if you want to learn more about the story.
>>
File: as4-01-580.jpg (645KB, 4096x4096px) Image search: [Google]
as4-01-580.jpg
645KB, 4096x4096px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD4Q3n3_5X4

We ached and almost touched that stuff;
Our reach was never quite enough.
If only we had taller been
And touched God's cuff, His hem,
We would not have to go with them
Who've gone before,
>>
File: e91DkBZ.jpg (224KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
e91DkBZ.jpg
224KB, 1334x1000px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9rjGTOA2NA&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

And what would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the devil?
>>
>>49727484
>I love her
>her

Cortana was an insufferable glitch. The "Forerunner brain in a jar" angle seemed promising at first but, far from being an advanced alium mentor, it presented as Space Clippy popping up to yodel uneven jibber jabber through cutscenes. The whole "tragic rampancy" thing was a profoundly irritating distraction.

We deserved better.
>>
>>49731149
>fiction
You might want to look up that book.
>>
>>49734318

That's amazing. How have I not seen this.
>>
>>49734406
Don't reply to /pol/. It only makes them bolder.
>>
File: YF.jpg (636KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YF.jpg
636KB, 1920x1080px
"Poot. Der kentel. Beck."
- Inga
>>
>>49731610
https://youtu.be/JjaYW5Cnr5k

shortened, but the quote is top tier
>>
>>49731802
Source ?
>>
Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever
>>
File: 1454572175919.jpg (88KB, 495x454px) Image search: [Google]
1454572175919.jpg
88KB, 495x454px
>>49728712
>>
>>49734391
The tragic rampancy was shit, I agree.
In fact,n you can pretty much say this about everything related to Cortana after Halo 3
>>
File: 1472107567177.jpg (177KB, 963x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472107567177.jpg
177KB, 963x500px
>>49709028
Screaming "Death!" as a cry of hope and victory is the most insanely metal thing I've ever heard and I did not realize that that was what they were shouting until I read it here.

Holy fuck, I'm tearing up remembering that scene.
>>
>>49717651
This is fucking quantum.
>>
"If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction."
>>
>"No-one would have believed, in the last years of the 19th century that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us.''

DUM DA DUM DA DUMMMMMMM

DUM DA DUM DA DUMMMMMMMMMM
>>
File: IMG_3414.jpg (35KB, 267x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3414.jpg
35KB, 267x269px
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves
>>
>>49735610
That pic is just wrong.
>>
>>49732451
And they made him a day one dlc. So much for that.
>>
>>49729552
The daddy issues that man has are astounding. It's depressing to think what he's going to do in that book.
>>
I know it's cliche as fuck but:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
>>
>This is how it ends
>Sometimes even the worm gets its chance. >Sometimes even a god dies at a man's hand!
Stabs Algol in the neck, ripping the wound open again every time it seals up. It takes him nearly half an hour to bleed to death. The humiliation is worse than the pain.
>>
>>49735788
Listened to it again on audiobook recently and I'll be damned but the stormfather greeting him with 'CHILD OF HONOR' did it for me.

And, as always, the barks from DoW 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gGG4fpGB_w
>>
File: the great dictator.jpg (18KB, 620x352px) Image search: [Google]
the great dictator.jpg
18KB, 620x352px
...I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor - that's not my business - I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.

We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

The way of life can be free and beautiful.

But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls - has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die, liberty will never perish...
Soldiers - don't give yourselves to brutes, Men who despise you and enslave you - who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, use you as cannon fodder!
>>
File: charlie chaplin.jpg (56KB, 547x309px) Image search: [Google]
charlie chaplin.jpg
56KB, 547x309px
>>49736635
Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men! With machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate - only the unloved hate. The unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers - don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty.

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written " the kingdom of God is within man " - not one man, nor a group of men - but in all men - in you.

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let's use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfill their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfill that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers - in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Hannah, can you hear me? Wherever you are, look up, Hannah. The clouds are lifting - the sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness into the light. We are coming into a new world. A kind new world where men will rise above their hate, their greed and brutality.
Look up, Hannah! The soul of man has been given wings - and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow - into the light of hope - into the future, that glorious future that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah! Look up!
>>
You seem to have an interest in power, so let me educate you a little while I search for you. It's sort of this thing I like to do sometimes, especially for learned wizards such as yourself. Power isn't something that you put on or take off like a jacket. It's something you just ARE. If you can lose it by blowing two Will saves, you never really had any power in the first place, see what I'm saying?

Hell, the idiot paladin understands better than you do, 'cause he got every one of those hit points I burned off of him the hard way: he earned them. 'Course, now he's also earned an upgrade to Prisoner First Class for daring to touch my pretty little bauble. It's sort of the same as how we've already been treating him, only now we get serious about it. Anywhoo, where was I? Oh, right. Your soul shenanigans are real flashy but they had one weakness: they were shackled to your lame mid-level ass!

I used to think spells equaled power too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what DOES equal power?

Power. Power equals power.

Crazy, huh? But the type of power? Doesn't matter as much as you'd think, it turns out, everything is oddly balanced. Weird, but true. For example: Right now, power takes the form of a +8 racial bonus to Listen skill checks.

So Uncle Xykon what's the moral of the story? A big pile of spells isn't enough when the other guy has a big pile of spells AND the strength to crush your windpipe with his bare phalanges.

And they died happily ever after. The end.
>>
>>49734899
>>49732422
If anyone asks, I never spoonfed you.
>>
>>49733941

What a useless faggot.

Look, you have faith that your god's will be done, that you will be victorious. Nothing says you have to survive the experience.
>>
>>49736635
>>49736643

Truly the greatest monologue as far back as we've got them recorded. Macbeth on the castle walls comes close, though.
>>
>>49719808
came here to post this
>>
Wolves asleep amidst the trees
Bats all a swaying in the breeze
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
For your dolly Polly sleep has flown
Don't dare let her tremble alone
For the witcher, heartless, cold
Paid in coin of gold
He comes he'll go leave naught behind
But heartache and woe
Deep, deep woe

Birds are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight dies
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
My dear dolly Polly shut your eyes
Lie still, lie silent, utter no cries
As the witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He'll chop and slice you
Cut and dice you
Eat you up whole
Eat you whole

As bored as I got of the game eventually I found the witcher schools really interesting. The idea that the 'good' monster hunters getting rid of the local raging undead and giant beasts are viewed with such fear and distrust is cool.
>>
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
>>
>>49737353
There's actually a Witcher RPG, although I think it never got released outside of Poland. It goes into detail about how Witchers used to be considered pretty awesome and they were paid well, until a religious conspiracy plotted to wipe them out for the purpose of killing "impure" things (like elves, dwarves, etc).

It also showed that Witchers are, compared to a normal human being, absolutely, ballsbustingly overpowered. They still go down in a few hits from a sword like an average joe, but boy-fuckin'-howdy, can they beat the shit out of mooks and monsters.

Also bears are the deadliest enemy in the system.
>>
>>49737443
Did it talk about how different the schools were? Just from the game mechanics of all the different equipment you can get there's so many differences that I'm curious about how they'd interact and what they did.
>>
>>49737443
>There's actually a Witcher RPG, although I think it never got released outside of Poland.
Yeah, I heard that, out of the triumvirate of the RPG, the movie, and the TV series that came out of Poland, the RPG was the only one worth spit.

Some guys on reddit tried to translate it a while ago, but they never got more than halfway.

I have it saved, if anyone is interested?
>>
>>49737469

The games added alot of schools but never expanded on them
>>
>>49737469
>>49737522
>>49737544

Shit also fleshed out the different cultures and nations of the Witcher-verse. Fuck, it even gave reasons why siding with the Scoi'a'tel in Witcher 2 isn't really the most "moral" option, especially when you get in on the fact that the other option is a rapist asshole king.

Namely, Scoi'a'tel are a bunch of hypocritical assholes that claim to never kill other elves, but will kill other elves they label as "race traitors" (read: not a Scoi'a'tel), rape humans to get half-elves, because elves are a dying species, and generally being assholes.

I mean, humans are also assholes.

Everyone in the Witcher is an asshole.

Nilfgaard looks good in comparison to, say, the Northern Kingdoms, though.
>>
>>49709028
This is how you give a battle speech to your men.
You don't tell them "the enemy is bad and weak and we are going to win".
You fucking get them psyched on the idea of a glorious death and show your enemy you don't fear the inevitable!
>>
>>49737443

what sort of characters did you make in the Witcher RPG? Was everyone just a human Witcher or did it try to actually balance a Witcher with other PC options?
>>
>>49709028
I shamed myself for not putting the full quote

>Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!
>Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!
>Death!
Death!
>Death!!
Death!!
>DEATH!!!
DEATH!!!
>Forth, Eorlingas!
>>
>>49738235
The game actually gives GM's advice on how to handle Witchers in a hansa.

Namely, limit it to one. Too many Witchers would lead to peasants trying to stomp your shit (as seen when the pogroms of Witchers happened), or other sorts of nastiness.

PCs tend to be regular dudes, although the world being what it is, being a goody-two-shoes and acting like a knight in shining armor will get you some... weird looks, at best, and people trying to kick your ass at worst.

It also mentions if an elf tries to pal up with a dwarf with the old "us non-humans gotta stick together" schtick, the dwarf should coldly remind them that the elves didn't say anything about that until AFTER the humans had destroyed their empire and almost drove them to extinction.

Halflings are fat and jolly, but also surprisingly acrobatic and good at slapping your shit with slings - which, unlike in other RPGs, are actually effective weapons, since getting slugged with a rock going 30+ miles per hour is gonna cave someone's head in, or shatter bones, or rupture organs.

Arrows and crossbow bolts go through anything that isn't stone cover, even if not entirely.

Since healing magic just plain isn't a thing (even Witcher healing elixirs aren't real healing magic), a full recovery from any injury that hasn't killed you, until professional care, can take weeks. Without, months. Witchers do heal at three times the normal rate of humans, however.

Never trust the Scoi'a'tel. If you're a woman, they'll want to rape you. If you're a man, they'll want to kill you, even if you're an elf, because you've been associating with filthy humans.

Nilfgaardian soldiers can kick your ass, because they're part of a professional standing army instead of a lord's levies.

Bears can kill your entire party. Of everything in the game, high vampires and winged dragons are the only things that are potentially more dangerous - and bears are more common than either of those things.

Don't fight bears.
>>
>>49738472

>Namely, limit it to one. Too many Witchers would lead to peasants trying to stomp your shit (as seen when the pogroms of Witchers happened), or other sorts of nastiness.

That seems...hard to balance. What with all the advantages a Witcher has over most dudes.
>>
>>49738490
It's balanced by the fact that even if the Witcher has all this awesome shit, they're not on the level of Geralt of Rivia.

Geralt is... it's like Space Marines. A Witcher is a Space Marine, a regular person is a Guardsman. Geralt is, like, a Grey Knight. That's how good he is.

Also combat is insanely lethal. A Witcher can still die from some mook hitting him twice or three times like anyone else. An outright professional can drop them in one hit. The book also advises that mooks never fight fair, and neither should the players, so death is fairly common as an occurrence.

Being able to parry arrows out of flight is also a ball's expensive advance.

The Polish don't fuck around in their roleplaying games.
>>
>>
>>49738208
the death was for orcs.
>>
>>49736635
>>"So long as men die, liberty will never perish"

Thus the reason why thinking machines given authority are so terrifying in fiction.

A cruel man can hate for a century. A cruel machine can hate forever.

>>HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.
>>
>>49733941
reading books does not give you useful knowledge of mentality of people fighting.

Religion 101 is "god has a plan", you idiot. True faith is accepting that it might include your death.
>>
>>49708454
"Let me remind you Monster, within that weak sack of meat and bone, uncared for by his god and wept for by none, lies a heart. A human heart, carrying within it
the strength and courage of all mankind. Within that sack of meat is ensconced the hope of every man, woman and child from every corner of the Imperium. Within
that weak sack of meat, festooned in thin armour and given weapons that are only powerful en masse, beats the heart of a man. And for ten thousand years the hearts
of man have continued to beat in defiance of your so-called "powers". For ten thousand years the hearts of men have stood united agaisnt a galaxy that despises
them for no better reason save that they had the audacity to refuse to lay down and die. For ten thousand years your black crusades have been pushed back, beaten
down, and made a mockery of, by weak sacks of flesh with cheap weapons and disposable equipment. For this sack of flesh you so gleefully mock is no supersoldier,
no immortal warrior, no creature cursed by chaos like yourself. He is a man. He is an Imperial Guardsman, drawn from some forgotten corner of the Imperium that he
knows he will never return to fight fro the survival of his species and the safety of the people he loves. He is a factory worker, a farmer, a storekeeper, a father,
a brother, a son, a mere man. And against creatures like you, teeming and numberless, powered by the very wills of thirsting and omnipotent gods, he holds the line,
a line he has held for ten thousand years and will continue to hold for ten thousand more. What is your excuse?"
-anon
>>
>>49737359
Burlew gets shit on a lot for the whole wordswordswords nonsense but his villain monologues are fucking phenomenal

Varsuuvius has a knack for getting absolutely schooled by powerful magic users. The Adult Black Dragon's speech on the island was such a fucking relentless put-down of the average blaster-caster no imagination wizard, of which V was obviously an audience stand in for. V's transition to more of a buff/utility role vs. solving all their problems with disintegtate has been really well done.

>>Vaarsuvius: "Forcecage!"

>>Black Dragon: "Very good, an excellent choice. I am quite confined for about a day, while you are free to escape and replenish your 6th and 7th level spells.
You are as skilled as my information led me to believe. I must admit, I too have a passion for the arcane arts...even moreso than others of my kind. I am curious however...what would happen if we turned the magic off? Anti-magic Field. Fascinating. It appears that you cease to be a mighty wizard and become a fragile pointy-eared monkey. While I? I am still a dragon."
>>
File: 1445228158018.jpg (156KB, 494x531px) Image search: [Google]
1445228158018.jpg
156KB, 494x531px
>>49719796
>>
>>49738657
>Leaves from the vine, falling so slow
>Like fragile, tiny shells, drifting in the foam
>Little soldier boy, brave soldier boy, comes marching home

;_;
>>
File: Tanith First and Only - Badge.jpg (99KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Tanith First and Only - Badge.jpg
99KB, 752x1063px
>Nineteenth platoon were about five hundred meters from Old Hive's north entrance when they saw the gates close.
>Skerral stopped in his tracks, and pulled the men up. Half his unit were dead. He ejected a cell from his lasrifle and slammed in a new one.
>"Come on," he said, turning back to face down the slope at the waves of assault sweeping in. "Let's see how many we can kill."
>The remnants of nineteenth lasted seventeen minutes from the time the gates closed. They accounted for one hundred and eighty-nine enemy casualties. No one witnessed their heroism.
>>
>>49739221
Fuck me, I just re-read that one recently. That one always hits hard

Aragorn at the black gate from the movies always gets me:

>Hold your ground! Hold your ground!
>Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers,
>I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
>A day may come when the courage of men fails,
>when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship,
>but it is not this day.
>An hour of wolves and shattered shields,
>when the age of men comes crashing down,
>but it is not this day!
>This day we fight!
>By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!
>>
File: Hive Fleet 1.png (2MB, 1143x799px) Image search: [Google]
Hive Fleet 1.png
2MB, 1143x799px
>>49708454
>We cannot live through this. Mankind cannot live through this. In a single day they have covered the surface of this planet with a flood of living blades and needle-fanged mouths. Kill one and ten take its place. If they are truly without number then our race is doomed to a violent death before every shred of our civilization is scoured away by a force more voracious than the fires of hell themselves! Death! By the Machine God, Death is here!
>The last words of Magos Varnak
I think this is the quote that really got me into the Tyranids above all else.
>>
>>49738948
What part of Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered and Ride to ruin and the world's ending did you miss ?
>>
>>49714318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec
>>
>>49739108
Critical hit to my feels...
>>
>>49728573
Alan Seeger, muh nigga
>>
>>49710705
where are these from ?
>>
>>49727379
Because I wrote it, and I haven't gotten the book published yet. It's the slogan of antagonists.
>>
many people need desperately to receive this message: "I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them. You are not alone."
hell, i should post about a half of vonnegut's writings
>>
>>49730072

>a fucking leaf
>>
File: 1472668646692.gif (2MB, 178x190px) Image search: [Google]
1472668646692.gif
2MB, 178x190px
>>49728022
>>
>>49739877
No they don't. They don't need or want to be reminded that literally every other person is as much a person as they are, with their own fears and doubts and worries and hobbies and passions and memories and lives.

Because that gets in the way of the dehumanization process that they love so fucking much.
>>
>>49738562
that explains why most popular polish tabletop is warhammer fantasy roleplay first edition
>>
File: UBW.jpg (13KB, 222x500px) Image search: [Google]
UBW.jpg
13KB, 222x500px
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.
>>
>>49739920
another reason why they should receive it.
>>
>Milo cleared his throat. He could taste blood. "My mother is a baker." A baker. That was good. It explained Milo's newfound obsession with sweets. "Her name is Ley Amastacia, and she's famed far and wide for her gourmet desserts." He was new at this. Untested. "She's a retired Wizard, but she refuses to use magic to assist in her baking. She says she likes it better that way, that using magic ruins the fun of it. Besides, she wants to be able to say she's the best without resorting to performance-enhancing spells. It's something I never understood until right now. But none of that's what's important. The important thing is she's happy. She misses me, but she's got my dad, my brothers, and my sisters. She's happy. She's really, incredibly, obnoxiously happy and there's not a damn thing you can do about that."
>>
What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow
Out of this stony rubbish? Son of man,
You cannot say, or guess, for you know only
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
>>
>>49708454
>not post superior version

"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand know that you have no right to let them live."
>>
File: UNILAD-nuclear-map-17.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
UNILAD-nuclear-map-17.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
Like the moment when your brakes lock
And you slide toward the big truck (Oh no.)
And stretch the frozen moments with your fear.
And you'll never hear their voices (Daddy, daddy!)
And you'll never see their faces
You have no recourse to the law anymore.
>>
>>49709045
That ideal didn't serve him too well in the short story, if I recall correctly.
>>
Right lads, now, I know there's not a faint heart among you, and I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring them right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve, and discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack … more than twice our guns, more than twice our numbers, and they will sell their lives dearly. Topmen, your handling of the sheets to be lubberly and un-navy like. Until the signal calls, you're to spill the wind from our sails, this will bring us almost to a complete stop. Gun crews, you must run out and tie down in double quick time. With the rear wheels removed, you've gained elevation, but without recoil, there'll be no chance for re-load, so gun captains, that gives you one shot from the larboard battery … one shot only. You'll fire for her mainmast. Much will depend on your accuracy … however … even crippled, she will still be dangerous, like a wounded beast. Captain Howard and the marines will sweep their weather deck with swivel gun and musket fire from the tops. They'll try and even the odds for us before we board. They mean to take us as a prize. And we are worth more to them undamaged. Their greed … will be their downfall. England is under threat of invasion, and though we be on the far side of the world, this ship is our home. This ship is England. So it's every hand to his rope or gun, quick's the word and sharp's the action. After all, Surprise is on our side.
>>
>>49718291
>Sworn blood-brother to a Norse god
>Got his armor and hammer from another
>Still denies divinity
Based Ray Bill.
>>
Why should we have to die because other countries nine or ten thousand miles away from us wanted to have a war? - Nevil Schute, On The Beach
>>
File: Mindworms.gif (18KB, 158x196px) Image search: [Google]
Mindworms.gif
18KB, 158x196px
"Mary had a little lamb,
Little lamb, little lamb,
Mary had a little lamb,
whose fleece was white as snow..."
>>
>>49723778
>But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
>>
>>49729863
>TFW the Orcs a visibly pissing themselves at the charge
>>
>>49740590
I don't care for you anon
>>
>>49739863
>posting your own lines in a quote thread

The gall. The arrogance.
>>
>>49739384
What part of that changes the fact that they were screaming murder to orcs?
>>
>>49739330
>"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has thought and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey."
>>
File: 1.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>49740120
>>
>>49708454
A couple of Magic ones I enjoy:

"The merfolk Kiora, said Kruphix, came here from a world whose existence was threatened by something called the Eldrazi. They are vast and terrible, the equal of any god. And they eat worlds, My Oracle. Strip the flesh from the bones of the earth and leave a dead husk, moving on to the next.
The leonin Ajani has faced an immensely powerful foe, a fellow world-walker and a dragon. He is unfathomably ancient, even to me. He seeks infinite power and immortal life. His plots span worlds and centuries, and he will spare nothing and no one who stands in his way.
And the human Elspeth...she came here from a place called Phyrexia, an entire world of flayed skin and twisted metal, ruled over by vicious, monstrous beings who style themselves gods. It is an affront to nature, a dark parody of life that corrupts all it touches and touches everything in time. And it has already made its way from one world to others.
If any of these things come here, to our world, he said, even the gods may be powerless to stop them. And all your prayers, all your pleas, will fall on the deaf ears of a silent sky as this world is rent asunder or remade or worse.
That is what I fear, My Oracle. That is what troubles the mind of a god. Theros is a minnow swimming in a deep, still pond, heedless of the depths, not knowing that something bigger rises up to devour it in an instant."

and

"And that, my dear,
Is why we cannot even imagine
A world without war.
He won't let us."
>>
>>49735013
>Lo there do I see my father.

Oh wow. It's been years but that speech still gives me incredible chills from the first line.
>>
If you can dream and not make dreams your master
If you can think and not make thoughts your aim
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And yet treat those two imposters just the same
>>
"I have stood knee deep in mud and bone, and filled my lungs with mustard gas. I have seen two brothers fall. I have lain with holy wars and copulated with the autumnal fallout. I have dug trenches for the refugees; I have murdered dissidents where the ground never thaws, and starved the masses into faith. A child's shadow burnt into the brickwork. A house of skulls in the jungle. The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century! They will eat them Mandus, they will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat. your. hearts!"
>>
One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness,

One final blade, forged in defiance of fate.

Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered,

And my final gift to the species I failed.

~~ Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind.
>>
>>49739863
Sorry to bust your bubble m8, but I'm pretty sure Churchill said something really similar to this
>>
This is the Law of the Jungle
As old and as true as the sky
The wolf that keeps it may prosper
The wolf that breaks it will die
Like the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
The Law runneth over and back
For the strength of the pack is the wolf
And the strength of the wolf is the pack.
>>
>>49742168
Well, when I google it all I get are bible verses and parenting guides, so it can't be that similar.
>>
>Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of Raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread’s dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrothful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist and shell. Bring cleansing fire’s righteous breath. For the Emperor, Knights of Caliban! The Lion’s anointed angels of death! No forgiveness. No retreat.
>>
>>49741098
My nigger!
>>
>>49742589
My legs are ready.
And I have short hair.
>>
>>49733487
Peter Watts did an exceptional job with the novel but I can't recall any good quotes off the top of my head.
>>
IMMORTALITY IS ONLY A WORD. ALL THAT EXISTS CAN DIE. EVERY LIVING THING HAS A WEAPON AGAINST WHICH IT HAS NO DEFENSE. TIME. DISEASE. IRON. GUILT.
>>
>>49738956
AM was such a fucking edgelord.

The terrifying thing was that it could actually back up the speeches with some fucked up horror.
>>
>>49739279
>"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."

What kind of military leader stands in front of his men and says "I'm scared shitless of this and all of your buddies there are as well"?

A good one.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.