[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If these guys aren't errata'd to legendary creatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (114KB, 669x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 669x617px
If these guys aren't errata'd to legendary creatures in the new commander sets then I will be so sad.

Also, glint-eye and yore-tiller are the best nephilim
>>
What do you suppose the four color combos will look like thematically?
>>
>>49704685
Get ready to be sad, wizards doesn't do erratas anymore
>>
>>49704685
thought the new comander set was going to be 4 color? Also i dont think they elevate them to legendary i do hope they are in the comander set i dont have Dune or glint eye.
>>
>>49704719
Odds are they will be 2 color with activated abilities of the other two colors or some sort of hybrid, though 4 cmc 4 color legends would be cool!
>>
>>49704718
MaRo can eat my shorts
>>
>>49704775
Have you seen the size of that niggas mouth? He will eat your fucking ski pants if you ler him! Despite that they don't do erratas anymore cause confuses new audiences or some shit like that.
>>
>>49704747
I heard the decks are going to be primary 1 color supported by the other three. So we could get a one color commander with a three color ability, or a one color commander with three abilities or any combination of that. I do think however they'll most likely play it safe and go with the 2 color creature/2 color ability, because it's the easiest to utilize mana wise.

I hope they bring back hybrid mana and give us at least 2 4-color legendaries per deck
>>
>>49704806
New audiences can eat my ski pants
>>
>>49704806
Which is stupid because the 'new audiences' most likely wouldn't be in possession of the old cards anyway
>>
>>49704806
NWO is a mistake
>>
>>49704844
NWO only affects cards at Common.
This has literally been stated a thousand fucking times and you idiots still can't grasp that.

Neo-walkers and Mythics (and now Masterpieces) are the real plague of modern Magic.
>>
>>49704828
4 color is like the final frontier of magic. They've explored all the other color combinations for at least a set or more. 4 color has 1 card for each and it's lame.

>>49704844
6th age of design baby
>>
>>49704861
Magic began to decline with the introduction of the planeswalker card type; debate me /tg/
>>
>>49704878
I wouldn't debate you on that claim because I agree with it.

>>49704864
I believe 6th AoD is really more about "exploratory design", which is just MaRo's bullshit term for "actually have a working concept before preliminary design begins".
>>
>>49704685
>Not Green
>Not White
ill fuken fite u m8
Ink-Treader a best
>>
When are we gonna get some news or spoilers about these decks

They're being released in like a month
>>
>>49704916
Probably in a few weeks. WotC likes to spoil things a few weeks before release.
>>
>>49704913
Green and white are perfectly fine I just don't like them together
>>
>>49704913
Kicked Rite of Replication agrees.
>>
>>49704878
There's nothing to debate.
>>
>>49704878
I'll argue that magic started to decline once they did away with Dominaria in TS.
>>
What if they are multicolored with Hybrid mana? Like, 2 generic then white/red then green/blue? Or whatever.
>>
>>49704878
Elspeth 1 is the originator of the problem. Good in multiple archetypes, she has set the bar for a PW to be good. Before her (and even concurrent to her) PWs were fairly niche and required substantial investment into a strategy to pay off, with the slight exception of Garruk 1, who was still slightly higher risk than Elspeth.
>>
>>49704942
I'll debate that down to 'once they did away with Urza in Apocalypse'.
>>
>>49704965
But apoc didn't have timeshifted card.
And I enjoyed the cancer that was Torment
>>
>>49704976
There's no need for timeshifting cards back to the old look if the Mirror Daning never happened.
>>
>>49704944
>enemy colors
>wotc actually making enemy colored cards
>ever
Yeah fucking right kiddo
>>
File: 1475705164627.png (166KB, 351x349px) Image search: [Google]
1475705164627.png
166KB, 351x349px
>>49704878
No I agree. Planeswalkers are stupid.
>>
Neowalkers are here to stay.
Kids love them and they sell well. So good in fact that there will be no block without them.
>>
>>49705121
Try no set without atleast 2
>>
File: 1462152304879.jpg (169KB, 650x845px) Image search: [Google]
1462152304879.jpg
169KB, 650x845px
Is there an aether vile deck in modern that would benefit from cheating one of them into play?
>>
>>49704685
>If these guys aren't errata'd to legendary creatures in the new commander sets then I will be so sad.

Prepare to be sad.

I expect the main Commanders to be one main color with three abilities based on the other colors. I would not be surprised if they made a new cycle of Nephilim, though.
>>
>>49704685
MARO already said they would never errata them because it would set a bad precedent of it being okay for them to do functional errata on any cards for arbitrary reasons. Errata can only come from sweeping game rules changes now.
>>
File: 49604888.jpg (30KB, 677x240px) Image search: [Google]
49604888.jpg
30KB, 677x240px
>>49704708
I hope it's this blatantly false rumor
Because I want that Eldrazi Deck
>>
They don't do functional erratas anymore OP, so be prepared to be sad. That said, I fully expect them to be reprinted and hope to see updated legendary versions if them. It would be a real pussy move to not do 4 colour cost commanders in this set. The other two will more then likely be hybrid costa with hybrid activated abilities
>>
>>49706199
An unsourced post on 4chan that was admittedly pure speculation? That's pretty much confirmed anon
>>
>>49706199
you know, if they did new not-runner versions of the guild runners I'd be pretty okay with it
>>
>>49704878
>debate me /tg/
How can I debate when you're right.
>>
Can someone summarize the lore behind the Nephelim for me? They seem like pretty interesting stuff
>>
>>49706177
Even though he did say they can't errata them due to not wanting to functionally errata cards, he has said that if he could go back in time to when they were developing the Nephilim he'd have told them to make them Legendary in the first place.
>>
>>49704685
Easier solution: remove the 'legendary' requirement for Commanders.
>>
>>49707129
that defeats literally the entire point of the format
>>
>>49704685
They aren't unique creatures
>>
>>49707129
I don't even play EDH that much and that sounds like a horrible idea

>my commander is delver/metalworker/DRS/ SFM/ et cetera
>>
>>49704775
He's actually the biggest advocate for making them legendary, as he has voiced regretting not doing it sooner. Whether that means it's actually ever going to happen remains to be seen.
>>
>>49707129
That will go to shit real quick
>>
>>49704685
They already said it isn't happening, MaRo laments not doing it when he could.
Also the decks are apparently based around one color with their opposing shard as a splash. ie. White with splash of Grixis.

Each deck will also include 4 different commanders, if it's anything like past times this will mean a mess of 4 lukewarmly supported strategies, if I had to guess:
>WUBR: Taxes/Artifacts/Stax/Burn
>UBRG: Mill/Discard/Wheels/Regrowths
>BRGW: Sac-Engines/Aggro/Zoo/Tokens
>RGWU: Randumb/Ramp/Flickering/Clones
>GWUB: Voltron/Exalted/Evasion/Reanimator
>>
>>49704916
After every store has paid their allocations.
>>
>>49704685
>>49704718
They might make an exception or print identical nephelim (maybe better stats) with proper nouns names that are legendary.
>>
>>49704878
Why would anyone debate that when it's so clearly right.

Shame too, because Lorwyn was so great thematically.
>>
>>49707669
Better question, what's the fluff/lore for each of them?

My wishlist:
>Taxes/Burn: Nezumi rat from Kamigawa
>Mill/Discard: Vampire gorgon from Ravnica
>Sac/Tokens: Phyrexianized angel from New Phyrexia
>Randumb/Clones: Trickster kelpie from Shadowmoor
>Exalted/Reanimator: Naga necromancer from Fate Reforged era Tarkir
>>
>>49708099
It's gonna end up being all about Ravnica, Theros and Zendikar and you know it.
WotC plays favorites and it's not subtle at all.
If it was up to me:
>Wless: A vampire Rotti from a "Repo! The Genetic Opera" plane, bonus for female.
>Uless: A post-Conflux descendant of Karthus
>Bless: A collective, self-multiplying hive-mind/ooze from Innistrad.
>Rless: A legendary changeling from Lorwyn/Shadowmoor
>Gless: Urza, from the Brothers' War years.
>>
>>49704878
yaknow, i've been playing since m14 so i don't mind walkers too much. they've always been apart of the game for me. however i honestly find i have the most fun in magic in games where they aren't around. They just don't interact with any other cards the way the rest of magic does, and i usually only have one copy of a walker anyways since i'd get it from pulling it in a pack. I can honestly say if planeswalker cards were erased from magic play entirely i wouldn't miss them a whole lot.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 220x229px
>>49704747
>>49704828
>>49704944
>>49705366
Post yfw each deck has a backup commander who's an artifact creature having 4 activated or triggered, "whenever * you may pay *" abilities in each relevant color.

I know it won't happen, but let me have my wet dream.
>>
>>49704878
Planeswalkers are so broken that only like four of them see eternal format paly
>>
I don't think planeswalkers are a problem mechanically.

What I do fucking hate however is how central they are for the story / plot of the sets.

I prefered back in innistrad or mirrodin where they were just a part of a giant event spanning the plane, some fighting against the tide, some just minding their own business and dealing with their own plots that weren't central to the theme of the set. Now there's nothing but focus on the planeswalkers saving the day with their justice league.

It's gone from visiting different planes and the events unfolding there, to following after a group of planeswalkers and their adventures. Which sucks.
>>
>>49709248
But but but people need a face for magic. Because shut up they do.
>>
>>49709248
Planeswalkers have been a focus since the start. Sometimes they were the villains sometimes they were the protagonists. The difference is they used to be larger than life. now they are just main characters. They used to be godlike characters with thousands of years of knowledge. They were much more interesting than it currently is.

however, like the dumbing down of planeswalkers, they've also dumbed down the sets so it's harder to get into them with standard being slow and stale and modern older formats costing a shitload because they never reprint any of the old cards.

It'll probably have a few more years of life but at this pace magics bubble is going to burst pretty hard.
>>
>>49710015
It's not arguable that mtg has only become more popular since planeswalkers came into the game
>>
File: sad.jpg (76KB, 766x734px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
76KB, 766x734px
>>49710360
That doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm old and don't like things that are different.
>>
>>49709195
>Gearhulk-style backup four-color commanders

Fucking yes please.
>>
>>49710395
What about those resemble Gearhulks?
>>
>>49704685
>errata'd to legendary creatures

would be better to be errata'd by adding "This may be used as your commander".
>>
>>49710460
>What about those resemble Gearhulks?

That they're artifacts.
>>
File: 1475607416118.png (192KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475607416118.png
192KB, 400x400px
>>49704878
>almost ten years since Lorwyn
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.