[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starting a lighthearted campaign in 5e D&D, wanna play as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0471.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
starting a lighthearted campaign in 5e D&D, wanna play as a pic related knock off, what's the best way to build him?
>>
>>49702256
Valor Bard with that feat that inspires people (gives them temporary HPs)
>>
>>49702430
i.e. Inspiring Leader, and yeah pretty much.
>>
Just make sure to prepare spare character sheet couple sessions in.
>>
>>49702256
Max Charisma, min Con, Str, Wis, Int.
Play Human Fighter.
>>
>>49702659
>>49702430
This, with Healing Word, Charm Person, Suggestion, Animal Friendship, etc.

Literally shout people to keep fighting using nothing but hot-bloodedness [and latent magic]

Maybe have him be totally unaware what he's doing is magic.
>>
>>49702670
2 soon m8
>>
File: Team Daigurren.jpg (48KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
Team Daigurren.jpg
48KB, 600x240px
>>49702256
Variant Human
Valor Bard
Charisma out the ass, low intelligence, literacy optional
Magic Initiate(Cleric), take bless, guidance, resistance
Inspiring Leader feat
When you hit level 6, take Aura of Vitality as a magical secrets spell

Now you can add dice to anything anyone ever does through your manly encouragement and nonsensical lines, and can make peoples' injuries inexplicably recover with your fighting spirit.

In play: Your "performance" is through not-quite-coherent-yet-still-inspiring speech, and awesome posing. Try to find general themes of things to say each for each spell, and try to mix it up if you find a way to make it situation-appropriate. In most fights, casting bless on your damage-dealers will be a good idea, which is easily fluffed as shouting a brief encouragement or one-liner. In fights against small numbers of opponents, bane could also help.
>>
>>49702858
>Be BroAnon
>Your buddy is new to RPing, makes a meek digger character
>You make a badass inspirational hero to watch his back, keep him alive, and get him invested in the game.
>Bad rolls near the end of a fight gets you killed, and the DM isn't merciful because quite frankly he's sick of your shit and feels if you're going to do risky bullshit, you should pay the price if the dice go the over way.
>You're BroAnon, so you agree.
>Immediately roll up a loli waifu for Newfag to keep inspiring him to be badass
>Make her a princess daughter of the BBEG, because really the DM can't hate you anymore if he wanted to mainly because you're so damn endearing.
>>
>>49702256
I like the idea of bard, but I think he is best represented as a paladin. The guy literally is built around an oath.

Bard makes a lot of sense for the inspiration dice and such, but paladin of devotion 10 gives the auras and such that make most sense with the character. A lore bard 5 would cover the rest of what he does, along with inspiring leader.
>>
>>49702902
Kamina's player rerolled as the blonde haired guy.
>>
>>49703313
Anagram Rival? Only if the DM let him take over an NPC. He was already an established character with important interactions with Kamina.
>>
>>49702256
Play a different system.

D&D 3.P, 4, 5 (Which I love either) is not a cool-character-emulator. It's a game that is designed from the ground up to be about no-bodies and their quest to over poweredness.

If you are that hung up on it being a 5e game, play him as best as possible but in two levels you're gonna being filling out one of those Made-DmSaw-WhatIPlayed charts.

I really suggest a system which caters to keeping characters "As-is". Fate/Dresden is good for that. I personally like Mekton- but I know /tg/ as a whole hates it...umm..
>Trying to think of other JRpgs or "Static"-games that I've played but coming up blank... Anyone else got any?
>>
>>49702256
I'd say >>49702430

Maybe throw in a level of Barbarian
>>
File: 53409508.jpg (164KB, 475x561px) Image search: [Google]
53409508.jpg
164KB, 475x561px
>>49702256
>using anime as inspiration for your characters
>>
>>49702256
Make him a necromancer's minion.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.