[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get /tg/ to play WIXOSS? https://docs.google.com/do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: bg_chara_12.png (201KB, 760x1003px) Image search: [Google]
bg_chara_12.png
201KB, 760x1003px
How do I get /tg/ to play WIXOSS?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXQte4ruMziXGFugPyx4i6GLiqMXG_GhRqmqB1j7fzM/edit
>>
>>49701160
By actually pitching it yourself instead of just dumping a FAQ and list of links, you lazy dumbass. What makes this different than all the other half-assed Japanese TCGs?
>>
File: QXN2K1d.jpg (1MB, 2515x1789px) Image search: [Google]
QXN2K1d.jpg
1MB, 2515x1789px
>>
>>49701216
>expecting me to read all that about a game I know absolutely nothing about
Use your words. Didn't you lean anything in show and tell back in elementary school?
>>
>>49701236
It's basically magic with vanguard
>>
>>49701245
I have no idea what vanguard is. And why play this instead of magic? What do you like about it? Try actually describing it with your own words, if you want to shill it.
>>
Oh, you actually made the thread. I'm surprised.

I'm looking to get back into the game, is there anywhere that just keeps track of nip tournament decks or whatever so I can netdeck until I learn all the new shit that's been added into the game?
>>
>>49701273
I'll try my best to explain some of the biggest differences between this and magic that I can think of off the top of my head. Keep in mind that while I'm doing so I'm running off about year old memories and was never hugely into magic so I may get a few points wrong. Two posts since I rambled on a bit.

The biggest thing would be the existence of LRIGs, they're special cards that denote the main "theme" of your deck, each one has cards that are exclusive to them, which means that even if two people are playing the same colour, the LRIG will most likely determine the style they're playing despite being able to share the generic creatures, spells and arts from any colour.

LRIGs also limit the level and number of creatures a player can use, you're able to spend resources to level up your LRIG each turn if you have the next level of it in your LRIG deck which comes with various benefits including a higher level and Limit. Level shows what level of creature you're allowed to have in play at that time, while Limit is the total level you're allowed to have on the field, so even if your LRIG is level 3 if it happens to only have 7 Limit you're going to be stuck working around that limit with your creature levels.

Speaking of it, the LRIG deck is a second deck containing cards specific for it which consist of your LRIG's levels as well as Arts which are essentially spells with a different name and looser timing windows and Resona which as far as I'm aware are just LRIG deck creatures, I don't know, I haven't played around with them.
>>
I really wasn't expecting to need to explain the mechanics of a card game tonight, if only the anon that started this thread did that shit.

>>49701273
>>49702521
Instead of dealing with lands you instead have the option to use cards from her hand to charge Ener which is tied to the colour of the card, which is the game's resource system but instead of being used for everything it's only use for Spells, certain creature effects, Arts and leveling your LRIG

There's no real option to flood the board with weenie creatures or anything like that due to the field being constrained to three monster slots for each player, and these slots are only capable of attacking the creature in front of them or the other player outside of certain monster effects changing that.

The life system is a significant difference, where instead of simply having X number of life points each player starts the game off with 7 cards from the top of their deck face down. When you take damage you flip an appropriate number of the cards (usually one) and check to see if it's a card with a Life Burst ability, if it is then whatever the ability is activates. Either way after that the destroyed life cloth goes to your Ener zone.
>>
File: 1403090215289.jpg (396KB, 719x942px) Image search: [Google]
1403090215289.jpg
396KB, 719x942px
The show was fun, but I can't see any real reason to spend the time to play a card game no one plays that's only in Japanese. At that point I'd rather just find one of the four people out there who'd play The Spoils with me.
>>
>>49702706
http://webxoss.com/ is a fully functional online client with an English setting as well as at least enough players that I tend to see a game going whenever I go over to that tab intending to pick the game back up.

So it's at least a better use of time than finding one of those four people if you feel like getting into it. Really, I keep meaning to get back to it myself because it's a fun timewaster, I just don't want to kill the fun for randoms when I try to relearn the game though so I keep putting it off.
>>
File: Piruruk.png (919KB, 1090x654px) Image search: [Google]
Piruruk.png
919KB, 1090x654px
>>49703035
If you're still here we can try to practice together.
>>
>>49703600
Sure, I made a room, it's /tg/ and the password is 112233.
>>
>>49703629
Thanks for practice.

We can continue tomorrow if you want, I'll be here earlier than today.
>>
>>49701195
>What makes this different than all the other half-assed Japanese TCGs?
Its associated anime doesn't bother explaining any of the mechanics and instead just goes for pure drama.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.